Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

As per usual these days, I have not watched fully this week, but here are my thoughts:

1) It was beyond annoying that Abigail told Sonny that Sneasel was wrong for leaving.  I have my own issues with Sneasel, but Abigail would have been better off thinking it was wrong to sleep with Sami's fiancee and Johnny and Sydney's dad.  It's so weird how she is so judgmental about others, but can't take criticism herself.

2) I don't miss EJ at all.

3) I'm okay with a break from Sami.

4) I hate that Chad gave Abby her job back.

5) I hated JJ sleeping with Eve, but I hope they get rid of Eve and especially Paige after this. Eve better not be preggers.

6) I hated how Abby barged into Eve's house and told her that she was gonna tell her mommy on her. I also hate Abby's hair.  It's always been obvious that KM is a brunette.

7) I heard that Kim Matula is leaving B and B,here's hoping KM from Days leaves soon too.  EJ/JS has taught me if you wait long enough, it will happen.

8) Jordan looks too old for Chad

9)  I hate that Kritter has Theresa's baby and that Kritter worshipers think Kristen deserves the baby because Theresa is terrible.  Theresa could be redeemed if they would bother.  Kritter is just reprehensible and from a time on the show that's difficult to take seriously.  Theresa better not fake a pregnancy and steal Melame's baby.

10)  Paul better be temporary.  He is so for Sonny.  He could have flirted with Anne, she's also a woman.

11) I loved Sonny/Marlena and Sonny/Victor.  Sonny should have told Will his issues about him leaving instead of being a martyr and not wanting to hold Will back.  I also do understand Sneasel's need to explore.  I hope Will isn't the one who cheats cos he's already on thin ice, but I also want Sonny to get that Horton ornament this year. 

12) Jen's kids really like them old.  They need to all go to therapy for being sex freaks. Abby got super thirsty after getting a taste of EJ and now JJ wants to plow through the whole Donovan family.  If Paige gives it up to him, he'll have the full set.  He's worked faster than Brooke Logan with the Forresters.

• Love 4

Miss Abifail "I'm going to tell my mommy on you" Deveraux is the same little girl who likes to think of herself as a sophisticated wordy adult and who thought she could handle being the mistress of a mobster. What a joke.

ETA, I meant to say "worldly" instead of "wordy", but both apply.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

Miss Abifail "I'm going to tell my mommy on you" Deveraux is the same little girl who likes to think of herself as a sophisticated wordy adult and who thought she could handle being the mistress of a mobster. What a joke.

ETA, I meant to say "worldly" instead of "wordy", but both apply.

She is wordy...

Wordy with a weird stutter....

And a smug expression!

She's like a demon-possessed Chatty Cathy and Betsy Wetsy all rolled into one.

Ollie would be far happier with a blow-up doll.  He should ask Daniel if he could borrow his.

• Love 2

queenie, remember that Kristin wasn't the only person involved in over the top storylines back in the day...that was the norm!  And as a Kristin fan, I'm not a fan of her getting a child this way....especially with a "take what is rightfully mine!" line.  I was rooting for her to redeem herself a bit and recognize that Bady ain't quite so perfect.

Here is a question - if Kristin miscarried John Junior in Paris and has since been declared incapable of having kids...wouldn't that likely mean she can't carry a fertilized egg to term?

The issue was never that she had no eggs...just that she couldn't manage the gestation period, right?

I can't quite figure iut how this is the best way to have Brafy's child, or even A child in the first place...

• Love 1

so Kristen has stolen Brady/Theresa's fetus & had it implanted in her - so that she can at some point pop back in with his child???   At least this way Theresa's not saddled with a child right now - I still think it would be more interesting to hook her up with Chad.

I was thinking Eve was going to be pregnant too - didn't even cross my mind that she would accuse JJ of rape (which I really hope doesn't happen)

I did love JJ's scenes with Kayla - I adore Kayla & really wish they'd give her an actual storyline of her own.

Abifail needs to go away - the fact that she got up in Eve's face was hilarious - I'm glad that Eve basically threw her out of the house

Don't like that Chad got Abifail's job back - I want her far away from him.

• Love 2

so Kristen has stolen Brady/Theresa's fetus & had it implanted in her - so that she can at some point pop back in with his child???

Brady and Kristen haven't had sex since right before she was exposed as a rapist. If she had gotten pregnant by Brady she would already be showing. I have no doubt that she will try to pass it off as his but I'm wondering how she will convince Brady it's his. I know he's stupid...but is he THAT stupid? 

• Love 2

Bantering and Sunnyheart beat me to it, but I still have to chime in and say, "Yes, Brady is that stupid."

And when something doesn't go his way and he picks up the bottle again, you can't even count on that.

• Love 2

I would love to type here that I am surprised, shocked and awed at the revelation that Tammy Sue was raped by Clyde at the tender age of 16 but this is par for the course at Days. The rape well just never runs dry there.

Here a rape

there a rape

everywhere a rape, rape

Ole Corday had a soap

EEEE,iiiii, EEE, iiii OOOOHHHH!!

I am so disgusted by Days. They better not go there with Eve and JJ.  

I have never seen anyone look so weak and ineffectual with a gun in their hand but somehow Grimace managed it superbly. I will say that during the last few minutes of the show, the actress did a decent job. It is like the grimace finely matched the material and it all worked with the final reveal even though I don't really care and I hated another rape being worked into the show. 

Abby makes me so damn stabby. I'd be in jail or dead in the ground if I let some entitled heifer just storm in after being told she couldn't enter and then proceed to try to read me and tell me about myself. I wish a heifer would! Eve pays the rent and utilities up in that bitch and has the right to keep up all the undesirables. Then to leave on some bitch made line about telling her mommy on her. I wish a bitch would. Abby deserves to have every strand of Clairol soaked hair ripped out of her head.

That was a bad ass pleather skirt Abby had on.

So Abby got her job back. Great to have final confirmation that Abby went through minimal to zero consequences due to her affair with EJ. Keep making these stories have impact and far reaching effects Days {sarcasm}. 

I thought Paige looked cute too. Casual, age appropriate, yet youthful and fun. 

Co-signing all the posts about the actor playing Sonny seems much more natural and a better actor when he isn't around the Will character. I usually find him so stilted and a bit flat with his delivery but he has been better these last few episodes interacting with Victor and finally given Bollie the business. Part of me wonders if that is because he isn't as comfortable with the gay stuff.

I'm convinced Kristen could show up years later with a baby orangutan and still convince Brady it's his.

Hell, if she shaved it smooth and hairless save for eyebrows and hair atop his head, slapped some tic tac sized veneers in its mouth, I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Really the only thing that Brady is good for is mocking John to his face.

I would love to type here that I am surprised, shocked and awed at the revelation that Tammy Sue was raped by Clyde at the tender age of 16 but this is par for the course at Days. The rape well just never runs dry there.

While I'm not surprised that this happened, I am very disappointed. I love James Read on the show, but EWWW to Clyde raping his daughter. Now he needs to go. Is there any possibility that Clyde has a twin brother who is evil too, but not the daughter-raping type of evil? And why does it always have to be rape?

• Love 3

Wow, another rape story on Days?  I'm shocked I tell you.  So it is official, Clyde is Curtis Reed part 2.  Jordan is about 90% less interesting than Billie was, Bollie is dumber than Austin ever was, and now Kate is dating him.  Isn't this like the fourth iteration of this story that we have had in the last 30 years. 

• Love 2

While I'm not surprised that this happened, I am very disappointed. I love James Read on the show, but EWWW to Clyde raping his daughter. Now he needs to go. Is there any possibility that Clyde has a twin brother who is evil too, but not the daughter-raping type of evil? And why does it always have to be rape?

It is so messed up mainly because

the actress has already been announced as fired but her rapist daddy gets to stay. Not that I want Tammy Sue on the show but this bothers me.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1

Isn't the whole Stefano is always on the phone with people in Salem plot is that he can't come to Salem because he'll be arrested? Sami and the kids aren't in Salem anymore, what's stopping him from going to LA?

That phone call with Marlena made no sense.

• Love 1

Can they just kill Stefano off already? He's useless. 

Abifail and her boyfriend are just...ugh. UGH! CHOKE AND DIE.

Tamiflu should have just killed Clyde. Then she would be sent to prison for murder and we wouldn't have to see her anymore. 

• Love 3

The most shocking thing about today's episode: Brady using -- and using correctly -- the word "anathema" in a sentence when he was talking to John. I had to rewind the scene to make sure I'd heard what I thought I'd heard. Perhaps anathema was the word of the day on his Word of the Day desk calendar and he wanted to show it off.

• Love 2

Brady and Kristen haven't had sex since right before she was exposed as a rapist. If she had gotten pregnant by Brady she would already be showing. I have no doubt that she will try to pass it off as his but I'm wondering how she will convince Brady it's his. I know he's stupid...but is he THAT stupid? 

Technically, the problem is not convincing Brady that the baby is his. It IS his. It's just not Kristen's. (That said, I don't think her plan is to use the baby to get Brady back. She just wants to have Brady's baby to raise.)

Chrishelle got fired?  Where did you hear that?

She tweeted on her last day of filming that it was her last day. (Comings and goings aren't considered spoilers, are they? All the other exits were discussed here well in advance of the actors' final airdates - not just AS and JS, but CB and BB and so on.)

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Kayla saying that AbiFail was caught in the crossfire, WTF?? AbiFail put herself in the crossfire. Why are people not seeing this? Oh that's right, cause AbiFail and Judgy Jenn spins the story how AbiFail was the victim of EJ who "forced" her to have sex with him and Sami is just a bitch for going after her, SMDH. Also got a good laugh out of the whole "Asset to the company" since when?? Bitch barely shows up for work and she was just an assistant to Judgy Jenn who barely works so how exactly is she an asset? She's not saving lives or anything so writers need to cut out the AbiFail propping. KM is such a bad actress, her facial expressions when called out on shit is just awful. Of course she loved that job, she didn't have to do shit and collecting a paycheck.

AbiFail still not able to handle grown up problems because she's asking Kayla for help in defending Chad. Can this bitch handle her own adult problems with running to Kayla or telling her mommy Judgy Jenn?? BOllie and AbiFail are just LAME.

Oh Theresa if only you knew that Miss Rapey paid someone to violate you. IDK how they can bring Miss Rapey back, too vile of a character that needs to be killed. I hope she doesn't have the child.

Grimace McGrimace is still lame with her bad acting ass.

I wish they get Kate away from Clyde. 

Oh were RoboMar and Yawn on today? I completely forgot.

Pretty blah episode.

• Love 4

If they've got the Clyde raped Tammy Sue mess going on... then can I hope that they won't double up on rape and have Eve J'ACCUSE JJ? Because... I really don't want that to happen. This show does too much rape already but would they have two stories like that going on at the same time?

I'm holding onto this tiny shred of hope.

• Love 4

If they've got the Clyde raped Tammy Sue mess going on... then can I hope that they won't double up on rape and have Eve J'ACCUSE JJ? Because... I really don't want that to happen. This show does too much rape already but would they have two stories like that going on at the same time?

I'm holding onto this tiny shred of hope.

I really hope they won't. I would be happy if no soap ever attempted a rape storyline ever again. Since they seem to be incapable of treating the subject with the seriousness and sympathy it deserves, they really need to stop; rape as cheap plot point is way past its sell-by date.

Also, was it just me, or was having Clyde go from a confrontation over how he raped an underage girl to flirting with and kissing Kate in the park just a little bit jarring? Like, I really did not need that juxtaposition; it was gross.

• Love 5

Kayla saying that AbiFail was caught in the crossfire, WTF?? AbiFail put herself in the crossfire. Why are people not seeing this? Oh that's right, cause AbiFail and Judgy Jenn spins the story how AbiFail was the victim of EJ who "forced" her to have sex with him and Sami is just a bitch for going after her, SMDH.

This made me so damn mad. Caught in the crossfire is meant to convey that you are some kind of innocent bystander that is just caught in the middle between other people's argument. Abifail was the argument. She became a willing combatant in that ejami mess when she threw her hoo haa at EJ. The only people truly caught in the crossfire were EJami's children.

I am angry with this Chad/Abby/Ollie storyline because I would rather not have as good a character as Chad is shaping up to be portrayed by a true find by casting saddled with the likes of Abby. Trick does not deserve to be at the center of a triangle. Meanwhile a character like Nicole who has put in her dues at Days jumps from bad relationship to worse relationship and always seems to wind up as someone's 2nd choice consolation prize when they can't have the one they want and destined never to be lead actress. Nicole played second string to Sami for goodness sake. Now going by

spoilers she seems poised to do the same with Jen's man Dingy Dan.

• Love 9

I want to think that was John's precise reaction when Poor Dumb Brady busted out his word-of-the-day "anathema."

I was very tempted to start a Days Word of the Day thread after hearing that.  :)

Of course Chad getting Abigail her job back isn't all about Ben, because everything is all about Abigail, didn't he know that?

ETA: Please Show, please, don't go to "Tammy Sue wanted it."

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

I feel like Brady was replaced by Michael Corelone over the weekend. But I like it. 

Wasn't the Jordan/Clyde showdown oddly boring? On paper, it would have been a big reveal but although Clyde is still interesting to me, I'm so bored with Jordan and we all knew what was coming after what,10 months of stringing us along? If you cared at all, that is. 

This show is making me grumpy. 

• Love 1

I was very tempted to start a Days Word of the Day thread after hearing that.  :)

I picture Maggie giving him a Word of the Day calendar in his Christmas stocking every year, along with aftershave and protein bars.

• Love 8

I would be happy if no soap ever attempted a rape storyline ever again. Since they seem to be incapable of treating the subject with the seriousness and sympathy it deserves, they really need to stop; rape as cheap plot point is way past its sell-by date.

Word times a million.

Soaps use it way too much and I cannot remember the last time they did it right. I mean, there was Marty on OLTL in the 90s. Liz on GH in the 90s. Was the 90s it as far as a decently written rape story? Todd on OLTL became a regular fixture but his 'redemption' (so to speak because he was never, ever written as a legitimate hero on that show; and his rape victim never forgave him either) was long, drawn out and resulted in him still being hated by the majority of the town. Plus, he remained a glorious fuck-up until the end.

Liz' rape focused on her and then brought the infamous Luke/Laura stuff into the light for their son which changed his relationship with his father in particular for a good long time. Although they did ultimately decide to give Liz' rapist a name, he remained a bad guy and went out as such. 

I'm not familiar with what other shows did with rape after that but, as far as I'm concerned, the 90s are when both of those shows should have stopped with rape stories, period.

• Love 4

Ben has domestic violence waiting to happen written all over him.   Something about him seems so off.

I actually like Chad with Jordan so disappointed that she is leaving.

It's his crazy blank eyes and that weird pause he does after someone says something to him. Like he's trying to come up with the appropriate social response but what he really wants to do is eat your face.

• Love 12
I am angry with this Chad/Abby/Ollie storyline because I would rather not have as good a character as Chad is shaping up to be portrayed by a true find by casting saddled with the likes of Abby. Trick does not deserve to be at the center of a triangle.

I really hope Chad puts all his time and energy into getting Melanie back once she returns. I have no interest in seeing him degrade himself and act a fool over that hosebeast Abifail. That garbage disposal and her bimbo boyfriend need to be isolated away from the rest of civilization.

Ben has domestic violence waiting to happen written all over him.   Something about him seems so off.

Wouldn't it be great the microchip Marlena implanted in Ben's brain malfunctions and he kills Abifail.

Now that Tamiflu is leaving I hope her brother isn't far behind.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

The most shocking thing about today's episode: Brady using -- and using correctly -- the word "anathema" in a sentence when he was talking to John. I had to rewind the scene to make sure I'd heard what I thought I'd heard. Perhaps anathema was the word of the day on his Word of the Day desk calendar and he wanted to show it off.

That was a WTF and rewind moment for me too. I really wish Brady would shave. I find the perfect stubble very distracting. Also, for some reason John is really looking like Bruce Jenner to me lately.

• Love 3

I picture Maggie giving him a Word of the Day calendar in his Christmas stocking every year, along with aftershave and protein bars.

And a laminated copy of the 12 step meetings in his stocking.  Should we start a what to get them for christmas thread?  Most of them could use a clue.

• Love 5

I really wish Brady would shave. I find the perfect stubble very distracting.

Dingy's is worse.  Way worse.  The fact that he spends extra time to tend the stubble and mess the hair is disturbing.  Notice he combs it forward?

• Love 1

This made me so damn mad. Caught in the crossfire is meant to convey that you are some kind of innocent bystander that is just caught in the middle between other people's argument. Abifail was the argument.

Of course Chad getting Abigail her job back isn't all about Ben, because everything is all about Abigail, didn't he know that?

Jar Jar getting her job back at the hospital just warmed the cockles of my heart - and I bet it did the same for all of you, too.  Right?....Right??.....  I can't HEAR YOU!  I mean, it was really tough watching her not try to get jobs all day long, and it was really hard to watch her not do anything but butt into other people's lives, ask inappropriate questions, wear ridiculous clothes and make out with Ollie when she used to do all that AND get paid by the hospital to do a job she never showed up for.  It was just so sad to see her doing it all without even getting a paycheck!  

But at least that's all over - and we can all get back to normal.  Just look how happy it makes Kayla!  Because according to Kayla - and undoubtedly to Jenn and Maggie too, Abigail was just an innocent victim caught in the crossfire.  Yep, that's how it sure looked from her.  Although I do have to say that I've never before seen anyone caught in the crossfire while they were naked and panting in the shower with her legs around someone's neck.  It looked like EJ had a pet orangutan, but even so she didn't look caught in the crossfire.

What I'd really love is if Jar Jar really WAS caught in the crossfire.  And if it doesn't take the first time, I'd be willing to keep pushing her back into the crossfire as long as the bullets were real.  Although I can't think of any organs she has that could be called "vital" under any circumstances.

Kayla, Abigail and Ollie sitting at that table in the Pub really was a Confederacy of Dunces moment.  It's a sad, sad day when it's Ollie who is making the most sense and it's Kayla who isn't.  And Abigail looked like she was ready to start drooling at any moment.  But she looked great in her pleather skirt!

I feel like Brady was replaced by Michael Corelone over the weekend. But I like it. 

Show was messing with us today, bigtime.  Brady making sense, Brady not breaking anything, Brady being housebroken throughout an entire episode....what the hell is Show trying to do anyway??  And the big words, too!  I think your all suggestion of a Word A Day Calendar makes sense except Brady would never turn over the page.  I think Henderson is a ventriloquist and making it look like Brady is saying these things.  He'll do anything for Victor.

I really hope Chad puts all his time and energy into getting Melanie back once she returns. I have no interest in seeing him degrade himself and act a fool over that hosebeast Abifail. That garbage disposal and her bimbo boyfriend need to be isolated away from the rest of civilization.

I so agree.  Chad is a great character with Billy Flynn playing the part now.  I didn't care much for old Chad but this guy is good.  I hope Chad continues to play with Abigail's mind, although how long he can stay interested in something so small is hard to imagine.

Soaps use it way too much and I cannot remember the last time they did it right. 

The last time I thought a rape storyline was done well was back in 1980 or so, on All My Children, when Brooke English was raped by Eddie Dorrance.  The storyline itself was contained but the emotional fallout Brooke felt extended for quite some time and was never downplayed.  Her rapist was murdered, not "redeemed", and Brooke also had to deal with an unwanted pregnancy from that rape.  Excellent characterization and storyline - and so long ago.

Remember when rapes were very few and VERY far between?  Just as murders were.  I know that all the "good old days" really weren't, but in this instance, I think they were.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Billy Flynn is so awesome.  I hope he sticks around for a good long time.

There is absolutely no point to Abigail and Ben.  They're both boring, weird looking narcissists.  It really sucks how many good characters are brought low by having to service those two worthless fuckers.

7) I heard that Kim Matula is leaving B and B,here's hoping KM from Days leaves soon too.  EJ/JS has taught me if you wait long enough, it will happen.

Oh how I wish that were true!  I've been waiting for Maurice Bernard to leave GH for 21 years now . . .

• Love 4

Abifail & Bollie are just annoying - they can both go take a flying leap.    And no Abifail wasn't caught in the crossfire - she put herself in that position - she's the one that jumped on EJ not the other way around.

Ah I love Chad & I do like him with Jordan(he seems to be the only one who can make her smile) & am a little sad that she's leaving - here's to hoping that he then moves on to Melanie  - I just don't want Chad saddled with the likes of Abifail

I'm not a fan of John & Marlena but I enjoy their scenes - but really - he's leaving again?     I'm actually hoping he's not gone too long this time

Oh Theresa - I do feel for you but don't waste your time on Brady - he's an idiot - go find a real man to hang out with (HINT: Chad)

• Love 6

Someone explain to me what job is AbiFail going back to? She was Judgy Jenn's assistant. Judgy Jenn is quitting, so what exactly is she going to be doing now? Is Chad gonna make up some position for her? I know she can be Anne's assistant. I know Anne would tell her to get her Holy Horton Ass over and get her some coffee, verbatim lol. I guess Judgy Jenn didn't put in her notice just yet.

• Love 5

How long do you think it will take Theresa and Melanie to become best friends?  They both started the show as slagbeast skanks.  Melanie was redeemed through the efforts of Maggie, but she and Theresa have much in common. 

Are there any nice people left on the show?

• Love 1