Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't know if Jennifer is a good person, but I don't think she's as bad as Eve. Eve seems like a whole other level of weird to me. No 50  year old should be freaking out that a 20 year old boy is talking to another girl her own age. Even if Eve were 35, she shouldn't be freaking out that a 20 year old boy is talking to another girl his own age (maybe we should go ask Harry Style's exes how they dealt with this issue...)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Sami should have stomped the boring twit, and her psycho mother into the ground, and if the writers weren't so biased, Sami would have done just that.

Slappy is a delusional fool who didn't want to face the fact that she was nothing but an easy lay, and EJ is a horny slut who can't keep his pants zipped.

I'm having the same reaction with Theresa that I did with Sami.  The more people who showed up at Sami's home to bitch at her, and got their asses handed to them, the more I loved Sami.  Jen Lilley also acts circles around most of these people.

• Love 7

I bet one thing we can all agree on is that Melissa Reeves is doing a great job with these scenes. 

I also loved how Melanie handled Brady's neanderthol tendencies yesterday. "Do I have some 'splainin' to do?" -- what other woman stands up to him like that? Bravo, Mel, bravo. I can't help but like her a lot, despite the perkiness. I want Theresa and Mel to be friends after Theresa understands that Melanie was digging into Mandrake out of concern. In fact, Theresa/Nicole/Melanie as a trio would be awesome. 

• Love 5

Had to catch the episode on youtube because local TV had to go on and on about the plane skidding off the runway although nobody was seriously injured...so seriously they had to drone on and on about it.

That being said, I kind of watched it (mostly listened) and I really get creeped out by Jennifer's need to see these 2 kids hook up.  What's with her deep need to see teenagers be so serious about each other?  And I am sooo tired of the "I" and "ME" it's all about her.  She's getting closer and closer to being Norman Bates' mother.

• Love 4

Eve developing feelings for JJ makes even less sense than them hooking up multiple times. When did she develop these feelings? They bonded over music for about five minutes, but other than that all of their interactions consisted of yelling at each other and having sex.

• Love 5
(edited)

Also, in Jenn's confrontation with Eve in the Square, I heard more about Jenn "finally" being out from under Eve's thumb than I did about how she hurt her son.  She went on and on about how in the past Eve had been able to somehow control Jenn but now SHE could do that to Eve with her knowledge about JJ and her having sex.  

I don't see where Eve has ever called the shots with Jenn, certainly not since she came back to Salem.  She got half the royalties, for sure, but even after that happened, Jenn had it written up so that Eve had to mind what she said in public.  And Jenn certainly has virtually everyone in Salem in her corner.  So all I heard was more of Jenn's delusional ranting about this imaginary persecution, which I guess is what she sees when anyone dislikes or opposes her.

The other thing was when, talking to JJ, she spoke about how lost she was after Jack died.  That's not what I saw.   I saw a woman who had been making two men dance for her affections before Jack died, and a woman who was back in Dark Roast Dan's bed before the body was cold.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

If the writers were going for making Jenn having a mental breakdown, I could get on board with that.  However, I think the writers believe Jenn is the good guy in this scenario, and that is ridiculous.  JJ does not need a girlfriend, he has real issues, has had them for sometime, and they have not been dealt with.  Jenn should be focused on helping JJ, not on herself and Eve.

• Love 11
(edited)

There are probably classier ways Jennifer could respond to Eve, but this storyline would be a total dud if Jennifer acted with class. Jennifer going all "I am your worst nightmare, Eve!" is giving this storyline life. All the weird moaning music and Eve's chest all stuck up in JJ's face couldn't and didn't. (I think MR might have to overcompensate for Paige's acting deficiencies too when she finds out). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Is it weird that I find Teresa rather pleasant even when she's being mean to people? It must be Jen Lilley's glowing skin, her glossy hair, and her Younique mascara!

Her hair looked great yesterday. So shiny and bouncy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dear GOD, but I hate it when the show rewrites its own history.  Eve didn't steal Jennifer's boyfriends in high school because they never went to school together.  So did Eve steal Glenn, Jenn's boyfriend from Salem High?  NO!  Eve was already in her teen prostitute Nick Correlli story line when Jennifer was with Frankie or was it Emillio?  Oh man, my memory must be going :):).  

But as I recall, Eve and Jennifer didn't start to really interact until they were both adults.

And I guess Jenn thinks that putting JJ and Paige back together will magically erase the JJ/Eve grossness but it won't and it won't help JJ to feel better about himself either.  Therapy might, but not getting into a false relationship with Paige.  .

And there's the Sneasel I know and loathe--so Paul seduced him now and he couldn't stop himself from falling into Paul's bed.  It's no wonder Sonny needs some time away from this idiot.  Will, if you truly want Sonny back, own your mistakes and work to fix them.  Focusing on Paul and how he ruined things is not the way to go.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

I agree with those who have said Jen has mixed motives. She even said that she found a way to hurt Eve, through Paige. The only thing Eve truly loves is Paige, even though she betrayed her on multiple levels.  I think that they started out with Eve having a semi-good reason to want Paige and JJ apart. Who would be ok with their kid forgoing Stanford to stay with their boyfriend of a few weeks? They are no Belle and Shawn D or Phillip and Chloe. 

I agree Eve doesn't treat anyone well, even herself and I hate how she treats Theresa.

I think Jennifer does want to see JJ happy, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of Paige. How can they have a true relationship with this mega secret?

Jennifer is using this situation to get back at Eve for their past history. I do think she is coming from a place where she thinks she is in the right.  I'm annoyed with her because she is trying to put all blame on Eve for everything and get JJ to say Eve seduced him. Let him take responsibility. She enables her kids bad decisions and makes excuses. Abigail still thinks she did no wrong and just looks confused when people call her out.

In my eyes, there is no protagonist in this story line. All come across as middling to pathetic.

JJ is a flawed character and I still like him, but he should have the self-decency to back off.  

Hopefully, next week we'll get more closure to Jordan's storyline. Was her talk with Clyde supposed to wrap up their relationship? There was a year spent on this and now we're stuck with Clyde and Ben.

• Love 5
(edited)

First off, buh-bye Jordan. Your departure will affect.....absolutely nothing. It's just too bad you're not taking Ken Doll with you.

Wow, Sneasel you're becoming your mom more and more every second. It's really bad when Sparkle is coming off as the calm reasonable adult today. Paul totally shot down all of Will's lame ass blames.  Sneas, take Paul's reasoning to heart and own up to what you, and you alone, did. It's the only way you're going to save your marriage. Today I'm actually missing EJ, because I'm convinced if he was still around he'd be backing Sonny.

I'm predicting Kate's going to be next on Sneasel's "This can't be my fault" spiral of shame. If he could he'd blame this on Arianna, or is that just too much?

Oh going a bit off topic I did watch the Comcast interview with Freddie and Guy and I was totally surprised by how charming and funny Guy is. Now I'm (almost) convinced it's not him as an actor that's the problem...it's just really bad writing.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 3

Will's trying to blame everyone when he was the one who pretended to be single to Paul, always took off his wedding ring and cheated. Yet he's acting like Paul's the bad one in this situation. Will manipulated Paul, he lied & cheated to Sonny. He's so desperate that Paul has to leave. 

The only one wrecking Will's marriage is Will. I hope Sonny chooses Paul, Will deserves it. 

• Love 6
(edited)

My perception is probably a bit different because I did not watch Jenn in her glory days, but for the year or so I've watched, all she does is come across as a meddlesome, self-involved harpy. If she's supposed to be the heroine of this show, there's a serious problem.

I would have more sympathy for Jenn's reactions in this storyline if it had actually been written that Eve had set out to seduce JJ either to keep him away from Paige or to "get back" at Jennifer. But it wasn't written that way. Eve has been written as a completely broken person, who is using this affair with JJ as an attempt to make herself feel better, or punish herself, or both. I don't think Eve's actions have been stellar obviously, but I think she is significantly more sad and desperate than evil.

Jenn, on the other hand, is coming across as completely vindictive; and it doesn't seem that she gives a rat's ass about anyone but herself. Leaving aside the heavy Oedipal overtones of her entire relationship with JJ, which I personally find more disturbing that pretty much anything else in this story, as well as her nonsensical desire to have JJ and Paige resume their relationship, none of her actions are ultimately beneficial to JJ or Paige. She's using JJ as a pawn just as much, if not more than, Eve has. From what Jenn said yesterday, ALL of this has to do with her; none of it is actually about JJ or his happiness. If it was, she would advise him to get some (much needed) counseling from an actual professional who doesn't work out of her living room, and give him some time and space to decide what and who he wants. A parent's role, especially when your child is this age, is to help them and support them, not manipulate their lives so they can only make the choice you want. And, while I personally couldn't care less about Paige, I imagine Jenn is supposed to. Why should Paige be back together with JJ - who willingly cheated on her - without all the relevant information? This isn't for JJ's benefit, or Paige's; it's all about Jennifer. And she said as much yesterday.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 5

I'm just having a huge problem with the idea that Jennifer, one of the absolute heroines of this show, wants to put JJ/Paige back together after walking in on JJ thrusting on top of Eve. What that ultimately tells me is: Jen doesn't give two fucks about Paige in this and that kind of goes against what I believe they've been trying to tell us with all of these damn heart to hearts between Paige and Jen.

To me, this bears the stink of 'I will not live in a world where Eve is right' because, at this point Eve is definitely right that JJ and Paige should not be together. They shouldn't! You could make the argument against Eve before. She decided that JJ was too much like Jack and, apparently, the re-written history is that Eve and Jack despised each other and were horrible to each other. (I get opposing information on that. Some say they did hate each other, some say they were friends... so I don't know.) I do know that Jack is one of the few characters they wrote having raped someone and then took the time to confront it, work through it, and offer him legitimate chances to develop past it which is why JJ dealing with this information ended up falling so flat. They did not take the time to work through it or really allow him to confront the issue with the people involved -- specifically Kayla, and allowing Jen the ability to explain how and why she was able to love Jack despite that history. (God I wish soaps would stop with Rape as Plot Point.)

I think that if Jen was legit concerned about JJ's well being, she wouldn't be going for the quick fix of 'Get back with Paige!' She'd come to the conclusion, especially after JJ said repeatedly that he was not forced or seduced into being with Eve, that JJ needed to stay away from that girl and get thee to a therapist toute suite! If she's the heroine here, let her be that! Have JJ want to get back with Paige and let Jen seriously ask him how he thinks that's going to work after engaging in an affair with her mother.

Eve is fucked up. There isn't anything here that suggests to me that I need to be rooting for her or that she's right in any of this... I'm not rooting for Eve to win JJ. I don't even buy this sudden weirdness where she's jealous of him sharing space with other girls. What is that? Other than proving, again, what a train-wreck she is. But Jen is supposed to be better and I see her behavior and actions to be just as messed up and petty. More so, in a way, because she is supposed to be the rootable person in this.

To have this 'power-play' over Eve when we've seen Eve has absolutely no power over Jen at all... it's petty as all get out. And I suppose that's fine for a first reaction but will we see Jen think better of this? Of this whole situation? I don't even care for Paige that much but, at this stage, we've got three people who claim to care about her lying to her and manipulating her. So JJ and Jennifer are not somehow, magically, better than Eve. They're as messed up as she is. But I know what the show wants me to think about the various players. It just ain't working.

Ultimately, though, I'd prefer for Eve to get removed from this storyline and into something else. Maybe she can accidentally kill off Clyde. That'd be nice.

• Love 9

Oh shut up, Sneasel.  I'm tired of all these cheaters blaming someone else for what they did.  Whatever else was going on in the relationship, they chose to cheat, and that is on them.  I'm just amazed Will hasn't blamed Sami for what he did yet.

If Jenn really wanted to help JJ, she would get him therapy.  Let Eve deal with her own mess she has created with Paige because at some point Paige will find out the truth.  The answer to this disaster is not for JJ and Paige to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

• Love 6
(edited)

Kristabell, Jennifer Rose Horton was awesome back in her glory days. Her love and faith in Jack was so beautiful to watch. Mathew and Melissa were so awesome together. I will never forget that scene when Jennifer in a delirium and mistaking Jack for Lawrence(who had raped her), slapped him and called him a rapist..Wow! that scene was so incredible and the way that the actors played it was a joy to behold...Jennifer always believed in Jack no matter what; and never stopped fighting for him and to be with him. She gave him value and love when nobody else did after raping Kayla. I hate the fact that Jack and Jennifer were destroyed for Dan the sleazy doctor. I am still bitter over that...Jennifer, Abigail and JJ are all suffering from his absence. He was their anchor and now they are all floundering and pathetic...Her rivalry with Eve is nonsensical as well.

I  have a different take on Will. I am unhappy with him at this time. However, I understand his desperation. Sonny has been his anchor before coming out of the closet and after..Sonny gives him the stability that he has never had in his life. Will has alot to lose so his desperation makes sense to me. Will has poor impulse control and his reckless behavior has hurt him in the past; that is how he conceived Arianna with Gabi. His one night stand with Sparkle.  He acts out before thinking about the consequences. His insecurity always brings him down. Without Sonny, he is all over the place and that leads him to trouble.

Watching this Paul and Will interaction is reminding me of the blackmail scene between Will and EJ. Will was using the knowledge about Ej's one night stand with Sami to get money out of him to leave town. It backfired on him as usual. EJ turned it around on him by telling him that he knew that he had tried to kill him and not Lucas. EJ even made references to his homosexuality, by saying that prison was not a good place for somebody like him.  EJ blackmailed him into becoming his lackey as punishment for his audacity of trying to extort him. The animosity between the characters was palpable.  Chandler was amazing in that scene. Both scenes give you the sense that you are watching a Will way out of his depth going up against very self-assured and competent adults (the big boys). Will seems at an obvious disadvantage in both situations. I think this will cause Paul to fight for Sonny and he has already seen the dynamic of Wilson and use that to his advantage. Will is a pussycat in front of Sparkle. He is no match for Sparkle and he knows it, that is why Will wants him to leave town before Sonny's eventual return...Deep down, he knows that he is the author of his own destruction and he just does not want to accept it...Desperate people sometimes do desperate things. He is desperate to keep his family together. I already know that he is the cause of his problem, he broke his vows. However,  I don't think that one regrettable mistake is enough for him to lose his family forever....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it counts as irrational hatred of Jennifer to say that she's acting both selfishly and destructively. The show has essentially painted her into a corner with the extremity of her reactions to Suddenly Southern, and her hypocrisy in dealing with her own children's love lives. I can't really see the conflict from her point of view because the show has gone out of its way to create a rivalry between Eve and Jennifer where none existed in the past. Why would Jennifer think the best thing is for J.J. and Paige to get back together? The only reason for that is that Eve would hate it.

I stopped trusting Eve's point of view in the situation when her way of "proving" what a faithless loser J.J. was was to sleep with him herself. That's right out of Kristen's Big Book of Crazy. But the show keeps telling us, over and over, what a good-hearted person Jennifer is, while showing us that she's full of rage and poorly controlled impulses.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

Crazy times!  Sneasel blames everyone but himself.  Jenn thinks that JJ who was just f'ing Paige's mother should go back to the daughter....like that wouldn't be sooo creepy.  Rafe as a bar manager lmao.  Lucas having the hots for Adrienne ... even more lmao.  Abe's sudden growth of grey hair that looks like precise stripes...crazy!

• Love 3
(edited)

The one thing that does puzzle me is why she thinks Paige would want JJ after he's been with her mother, but like Eve, I guess she's naive enough to think no one will find out?

Why wouldn't Jennifer think that Paige would still want J.J.?  Chelsea still wanted Nick after he slept with her mother (even though she was initially hesitant at that fact), and Jennifer herself wanted Jack after he slept with hers, so at least there's some history on her side.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

Kristabell, Jennifer Rose Horton was awesome back in her glory days. Her love and faith in Jack was so beautiful to watch. Mathew and Melissa were so awesome together. I will never forget that scene when Jennifer in a delirium and mistaking Jack for Lawrence(who had raped her), slapped him and called him a rapist..Wow! that scene was so incredible and the way that the actors played it was a joy to behold...Jennifer always believed in Jack no matter what; and never stopped fighting for him and to be with him. She gave him value and love when nobody else did after raping Kayla. I hate the fact that Jack and Jennifer were destroyed for Dan the sleazy doctor. I am still bitter over that...Jennifer, Abigail and JJ are all suffering from his absence. He was their anchor and now they are all floundering and pathetic...Her rivalry with Eve is nonsensical as well.

Apprentice -- beautiful description of the magic that was Jennifer and Jack back then. When she gets fire in her eyes these days I can still see her defending Jack -- I'm sure that has something to do with the slack I'm willing to give her. 

• Love 2

Sneasel please, Sparkles doesn't have to go away because you want him to. Then saying how he won't lose Sonny to the likes of Sparkles. Please Sneasel let's look in the mirror because that's all you and Sparkles have to go off of because none of you have award winning personalities. You put 100 gay men in a room and ask to go off looks alone 99.9% will go to Sparkles and Sneasel will get what's leftover which is Jar Jar. Will say that I'm glad Sparkles called Sneasel out, no wedding ring, will do anything for the story and flirted with Sparkles. Sneasel tried to deny that shit and shift all blame on Sparkles for them sleeping together with the tired, "seduced" excuse. Glad Sparkles told him to own up to his part in it. Sneasel should really stop trying to play the tough guy because it just doesn't work. He's just looked more stupid and I'm trying to figure out what Sonny sees in both of them. Sonny can do better than these two. Also Sneasel getting all indignant because Mama Narita is in Salem too, would he like anyone getting all upset if Sami decides to stop on by for a visit?

Adrienne knows now, can't wait for her to lay into Sneasel. Now he's gonna know how Sami felt when everybody was raking her over the coals for being upset with Jar Jar.

Poor Rory, always have to hear about JJ's problems. GO RORY!! Loved him telling JJ to shut up and quit being such a damn downer. Rory finally not gonna put up with JJ's attitude and told him to man the hell up. This is one reason why Day Players are always way better than the Main Characters. They're just more fun to watch like Anne, T, & Rory.

Judgy once again can't talk about anything without bringing up herself. Stealing all my boyfriends and saying not to hurt Lima Bean, when she's basically doing the same thing. All that talk about hate lying to Lima Bean, yet she's doing it just so she can get what she wants in getting JJ & Lima Bean back together.

Bye Grimace.

• Love 3

Oh, I really want Jen to tell JJ that Jack slept with her mother, too. JJ had a meltdown at the mere thought that his wanting to fuck Paige meant that he might be a rapist just like his old man. By all means, clue him into the apparent genetic trait of wanting to fuck your girlfriend's Mom, too. They'll have to talk him down from the ledge all over again.

Let's see this argument play out. If it's okay for JJ to sleep with Paige's mother, then why be mad at Eve? Apparently, she's just doing what so many others in Salem do and it's totes okay!

You know, I just watched Tootsie last night and I'm reminded of the line. "Maybe if Dorothy does something filthy and disgusting they'll have to let her go... but I can't think of anything filthy or disgusting that you haven't already done on your show."

• Love 3

I don't understand why JJ would want to get back with Lima Bean. Even if he hadn't fucked her mother, she's so annoying and stupid and depressing.

Of course the charges have been dropped against plastic mannequin. Of fucking course.

So long Jordan. Too bad you didn't melt mannequin and kill Hillbilly Clyde before you left.

Damn Will for giving that annoying nagging stupid harpy Adrienne a reason to go on anther one of her bitchfests.

I wish Will would STFU.

Where the hell is Kate? Why is she not scheming to get Sparkle out of town? Why hasn't she tried to kill him?

Even when Sparkle is in the right he still makes me sick.

• Love 5
Adrienne knows now, can't wait for her to lay into Sneasel. Now he's gonna know how Sami felt when everybody was raking her over the coals for being upset with Jar Jar.

Except Sami had a right to be angry with EJ and Slappy, whereas, Will is the one who cheated on Sonny and dug his own grave.  Will also didn’t give a damn that Sami was hurt.  If Adrienne gives Will hell for cheating, she better stay away from Lucas, or end her marriage to Justin because right now she is heading down the same path.

I don't understand why JJ would want to get back with Lima Bean. Even if he hadn't fucked her mother, she's so annoying and stupid and depressing.

This!!!  JJ needs to deal with his problems.  Being with Paige is just going to make things worse for JJ, and when this all blows up, JJ will be miserable, Paige will be angry and miserable, and Jenn will be back with Dan, and not even notice.

Will was wrong for cheating, but Sparkle was also wrong when he was pursuing a married Sonny.  Sparkle would have been all over cheating with Sonny if Sonny had been willing.

Jordan's SL was a waste of time.  I like that she had the self-esteem to break up with Rafe when he cheated, and to leave Chad when she didn't like the way he was acting, but why the hell didn't she take Clyde and Ben with her when she left Salem, or kill them before she left.  Either works for me. 

• Love 3

Real life has gotten in the way of me keeping up with this show but I had to put in my two cents about Will/Sonny/Sparkle.

Firstly, I can't believe Sonny didn't even say goodbye to Ari before he left. So much for her being his daughter.

I don't know of a parent in real-life or TV that hasn't had a goodbye with their kids whether they were cheated on or did the cheating.

It really upsets me because Sonny found the time to invite Sparkle into his room and into his convo with Will to keep him up to date with his movements.

Allegedly, FS shot some of these scenes when he returned to work post-accident, so the show has really done a bad job here.

Anyway, Will is just acting desperate. He certainly has a point about Paul being around as a constant reminder of what he did. With most of the couples on this show, the third party has eventually left Salem after the reconciliation. It makes me wonder if EJ and Sami would have remained in Salem with Abby around.

I wish I could shake Will and tell him to stop fixating on Paul and Sonny's past relationship. Will is really reminding me of Nicole here. Nicole is way too focused on Serena when she should just leave her alone. I do think the show is going to let Will hit rock bottom before we get a real reason for his cheating.

And there comes Adrienne the hypocrite just in time. I get that Adrienne can be upset on behalf of her child, but even if we leave out her and Emilio,look what she is doing with Lucas right now. I'm fully expecting Adrienne to be on Team Sparkle which works for me if it puts Lucas and Adrienne at odds.

I knew Sparkle would end up saying that he wouldn't have cheated on Sonny. I have always wondered if he had beards that he had sex with when he and Sonny were on the down low. The funny thing about Sparkle saying he would never cheat is that a while back some of us were saying we doubt he would stay faithful to Sonny because he gives off that womaniser (maniser?) vibe.

In any case, I'm not a fan of competing for a man. If Sonny comes back and wants Paul, so be it. That's what I've always felt. I have a feeling Sonny is going to find out about Will's antics regarding his precious Paul and his future MIL Mama Narita and he's not going to be happy.

As much as I love WilSon, I would be okay with Sonny and Sparkle if Will was allowed to move on too. Sami also hit rock bottom around the time Lucas married Carrie and she called off her wedding to Austin. I might not be an EJ fan, but it was nice to see Sami have another option.

• Love 3

Of course the charges have been dropped against plastic mannequin. Of fucking course.

So long Jordan. Too bad you didn't melt mannequin and kill Hillbilly Clyde before you left.

Damn Will for giving that annoying nagging stupid harpy Adrienne a reason to go on anther one of her bitchfests.

I wish Will would STFU.

Where the hell is Kate? Why is she not scheming to get Sparkle out of town? Why hasn't she tried to kill him?

Even when Sparkle is in the right he still makes me sick.

Sparkle is being given the more mature dialogue but I just can't back him. It feels like Will is being written like the interloper and maybe he is supposed to be? If Sparkle turns out to be John's son,he and his mother are going to be insufferable. I read other boards and I feel like I'm the only one not on the Paul/CS train.

• Love 3

Did Adrienne cheat on Justin with Emilo or were they "on a break" or something?

How long is Sparkle's mother going to be here? She's annoying and the actress playing her isn't good.

Sparkle can STFU talking about how he would never cheat on Sonny. First I don't really believe that since he seems incapable of not flirting with everyone and still wanted to play with Will even after Will told him he was in a relationship, not to mention constantly begging Sonny to dump his husband. Dude clearly has no boundaries or respect for relationships. Second, he may not have cheated on Sonny but when Sonny proposed to him he refused to come out of the closet and expected Sonny to live on the DL with him. He hurt Sonny just like Will did.

• Love 3
(edited)

271days, do you think that Sonny would get back together with Sparkle over Will's antics..It might be something that comes in the future that we are not privy to, since they shoot the show so far in advance..For me, Sonny is totally in love with his husband. He may have some feelings for Paul, but not enough to get back together with him so soon after Will's betrayal. I have heard that there is a guy coming in for Will, when Paulson eventually gets back together..I think Something big will happen that will push Sonny back together with Paul....Adrienne will be on Team Paulson, she has never liked Will and his betrayal of Sonny will be her reasons for backing Paul..She will be shrieking like a banshee about how Will is the devil in person and that will put her at odds with Lucas. Lucas is very protective of Will. Plus, I don't think she has really accepted Arianna as her granddaughter...Which is weird since Sonny is her only biological son with Justin and her other sons are all adopted....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Don't worry I'm not on the Sparkles Train either. While I did enjoy him shutting Sneasel down and not gonna take all the blame for the affair, he's still a douche. I don't know if he would ever cheat on Sonny because Sneasel didn't bother to tell him that he's married. I mean he just shows up in Salem, kisses Sonny, doubt Sonny's marriage and keeps coming onto Sonny even when Sonny told him multiple times that he's not interested and then tells Sonny that Sonny is sending him mixed signals which I didn't see at all. While he may not cheat on Sonny, he sure as hell will have no qualms in stealing Sonny away from another man if that what it takes to get Sonny back. 

• Love 4

I think there is something to the saying, “If he’ll cheat with you he’ll cheat on you.”  Sparkle didn’t respect Sonny telling him he was in love with his husband, and wasn’t interested in Sparkle anymore so I’m not so sure Sparkle would respect any marriage vows or commitments he made, any more than he was willing to respect Sonny’s marriage.

As much as I love WilSon, I would be okay with Sonny and Sparkle if Will was allowed to move on too. Sami also hit rock bottom around the time Lucas married Carrie and she called off her wedding to Austin. I might not be an EJ fan, but it was nice to see Sami have another option.

If Sonny wants Paul, Will should move on.  Will was wrong for cheating, but he shouldn’t spend the rest of his life pining over Sonny.  Will should take responsibility for his mistakes, and if that isn’t good enough for Sonny (and for a lot of people it wouldn’t be, rebuilding trust is difficult), Will should accept that it is over, and move on.

I thought it was hilarious that after 2007, Lucas ended up with Chloe, EJ with Nicole, Sami went into WP and came back with Rafe, and Sami ended up being married to Rafe longer than anyone else.  I just wish the writers had kept the growth Sami made in resolving things with Marlena, John, and Carrie.  I really hate that Sami didn't finish burning EJ, Stefano, and Kristen to the ground.

• Love 4
(edited)

Firstly, I can't believe Sonny didn't even say goodbye to Ari before he left. So much for her being his daughter.

Somethingthat annoys me is how when WIll left for LA, he took Arianna with him and Sonny had no problems with that at all? Because Will is the biological father, it gave him the right to do so? But when Sonny decides he needs a break, he does not think about taking his daughter with him? I like to think that Sonny probably said goodbye to Ariana off screen, the writers just did not feel like bothering write a Sonny/Airana scene.

I really liked Paul giving Will shit and telling him to take responsibillity for his own actions. Will needs to stop and try blaming other people, nobody forced you to cheat, dude. And I would not be suprised if Will had some feelings for Paul because I sensed some sexual tension??

then tells Sonny that Sonny is sending him mixed signals which I didn't see at all.

I feel like he kind of did? Sonny did kiss him back (at least the second time around), Sonny called Paul to see him so they could talk right before Will came back (what would someone like Paul think? Meeting up in a hotel room?), Sonny came to visit Paul on New Year's Eve (without Paul knowing his intentions). Sonny showed he was commited to Will and had no interest but he did not say he did not love Paul either. IMHO. He just kept shopwing the ring in his face as if the only reason he was not interested in him.

I think there is something to the saying, “If he’ll cheat with you he’ll cheat on you.”

It is an interesting saying and I can not say I agree or disagree. I mean, yeah, if someone is okay with cheating with someone they clearly have a lack of respect for other people's relationships, if they know the person they are hooking up with is in a relationship and they don't care but maybe that person does not care for other people relationships but they would care about their own relationship to not cheat?

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ruby Red, Lucas called Adrienne to ask her what is going on with Wilson because Sonny left town without saying goodbye to  Arianna...He found that to be strange and out  of character...

Ohh, that is very weird! Why would the writers put that in, it seems really out of character for Sonny because Ariana is still like a daughter to Sonny.

But wait, also, doesn't the saying “If he’ll cheat with you he’ll cheat on you.” refer to the person who is in a relationship and not the "other person"? Paul is not the cheater, Will is. So if Will could cheat with Paul, Will could cheat on Paul right back if he and Paul were together.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

Except Sami had a right to be angry with EJ and Slappy, whereas, Will is the one who cheated on Sonny and dug his own grave.  Will also didn’t give a damn that Sami was hurt.  If Adrienne gives Will hell for cheating, she better stay away from Lucas, or end her marriage to Justin because right now she is heading down the same path.

This!!!  JJ needs to deal with his problems.  Being with Paige is just going to make things worse for JJ, and when this all blows up, JJ will be miserable, Paige will be angry and miserable, and Jenn will be back with Dan, and not even notice.

Will was wrong for cheating, but Sparkle was also wrong when he was pursuing a married Sonny.  Sparkle would have been all over cheating with Sonny if Sonny had been willing.

Jordan's SL was a waste of time.  I like that she had the self-esteem to break up with Rafe when he cheated, and to leave Chad when she didn't like the way he was acting, but why the hell didn't she take Clyde and Ben with her when she left Salem, or kill them before she left.  Either works for me. 

Jordan does not want them anymore than you do.  lol

• Love 3
(edited)
But wait, also, doesn't the saying “If he’ll cheat with you he’ll cheat on you.” refer to the person who is in a relationship and not the "other person"? Paul is not the cheater, Will is. So if Will could cheat with Paul, Will could cheat on Paul right back if he and Paul were together.

This used to be a cautionery phrase people would say to a man's mistress along with, "When a man divorces his wife and marries his mistress, a job slot has opened up for a new mistress."

People who cheat on one partner/spouse will often cheat on the next partner/spouse.  People who cheat with people they know are married/engaged/in a relationship will often cheat on people they are with, or they will develop a pattern of getting involved with people who are already involved with someone else.  People who don’t respect other people’s relationships often don’t respect their own either.

I believe EJ would have cheated on Sami again the first time they had another problem because that has been EJ’s MO.  He cheated on Nicole twice.  EJ did everything he could to ruin Sami/Lucas’ marriage, and then he went right on to getting involved with Nicole.  When that didn’t work out, EJ tried to ruin Sami’s relationship with Rafe.  I wish Sami had never cheated on Rafe because not being a cheater was a consistent Sami trait for 20 years.  Still Sami knew she had destroyed her marriage to Rafe, and didn’t cheat again.  EJ brushed off his cheating on Nicole and Sami as being no big deal, and something they should just get over.

Rafe is a serial cheater to.  He was sneaking around behind Sami's back with Carrie, and he cheated on Jordan.  Carrie is also a serial cheater, but she is one of the good characters so it doesn't matter if she cheats.

I hope Lucas stays with his resolve about Adrienne, and doesn't cheat with her.  Adrienne needs to end things with Justin before she gets involved with Lucas.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Will seems like such a young boy it makes me squirmy - when he said Paul "seduced" him - I just groaned.  This is from a supposed grown up who is actually married.  He's like a whimpering child.  

I can't even watch the storyline because everything is so off with that actor in the role of Will -

• Love 4

If the writers were going for making Jenn having a mental breakdown, I could get on board with that.  However, I think the writers believe Jenn is the good guy in this scenario, and that is ridiculous.  JJ does not need a girlfriend, he has real issues, has had them for sometime, and they have not been dealt with.  Jenn should be focused on helping JJ, not on herself and Eve.

If they did have Jenn having a nervous breakdown, wanta bet they forget their history and make no mention of Jennifer always worrying that she would have mental problems just like her mother did?

Pop up Rory strikes again.  Go, Rory!

God, shut up, Will.

• Love 6

In a way, Sparkle did seduce Will. Will fell into temptation and he alone is responsible for that because he is married..Sparkle knew Will was gay and was flirting with him and Will was flustered and did not know how to respond to that type of behavior. Let us not forget that Sonny is his first real adult relationship and his only sexual experience with another man before Sparkle. That has to be a factor in why Will did what he did..Sparkle went hard after Will, when Sonny told him that he was committed to his husband and that he should move on..If Sparkle had not made the first move, Will would never have done that..He is too weak, insecure and passive to be sexually aggressive with a man like Sparkle. The show should have  had Will and Sonny discuss his lack of sexual experience before getting married and setting down with Arianna as a family...A man like Sonny would never tolerate an open marriage. Like always, the show misses these important beats when writing their nonsensical stories..I still maintain that Will would never have cheated on Sonny. Their marriage was too new for that to enter Will's mind.  It makes no sense that the show took that route. Sonny should have been the one to cheat with Sparkle while Will was away in LA...It also should have been an ongoing affair with Sparkle pressuring Sonny to leave Will. It would have been cool to see Sonny screw up for once, instead of Will...

I still maintain that Will would never have cheated on Sonny. Their marriage was too new for that to enter Will's mind.  It makes no sense that the show took that route. Sonny should have been the one to cheat with Sparkle while Will was away in LA...It also should have been an ongoing affair with Sparkle pressuring Sonny to leave Will. It would have been cool to see Sonny screw up for once, instead of Will...

I don't like NuWill, but sadly, I think even if Sonny had been the one to cheat, that Will would still somehow be the bad guy.  That's the way these writers slant things.  No matter what happens certain characters are either the bad guys, the screw ups, or the designated losers, and then other characters are good even when they clearly aren't.

• Love 2

In a way, Sparkle did seduce Will. Will fell into temptation and he alone is responsible for that because he is married..Sparkle knew Will was gay and was flirting with him and Will was flustered and did not know how to respond to that type of behavior. Let us not forget that Sonny is his first real adult relationship and his only sexual experience with another man before Sparkle. That has to be a factor in why Will did what he did..Sparkle went hard after Will, when Sonny told him that he was committed to his husband and that he should move on..If Sparkle had not made the first move, Will would never have done that..He is too weak, insecure and passive to be sexually aggressive with a man like Sparkle.

Hmm, Will basically told Marlena he slept with Paul so he could get an article on him because he suspected that he was gay.. Or, he was pretty close to admitting it. Paul did not "seduce" Will (and omg, Will, what are you, 16?), he flirted and Will flirted back. Will not knowing how to respond to a more dominant, confident man coming on to him so he gives in? I don’t think that makes anyone a weak person, but by saying Paul seduced Will, it is like you are saying that in a way Paul did force himself on Will. Which he did not? Will knew what he was doing and he enjoyed doing it. The whole thing is just weird because the writers have given Will no real motivations for cheating. If he did it for the article, it would make him look like such a bad guy I guess.

I don’t think Sonny would be the type to cheat tbh. He seems like someone who would always be faithful to anyone.

• Love 4
(edited)

We can only hope and pray that the new writers don't write stories so heavy handed and tell us who to like and who not to like. They can show a nice balance in letting people switch roles cause they can make Jar Jar the bad one in a story every now and then so can Toothy, even the almighty Dark Roast. Theresa and Nicole can be in the right sometimes and not slammed by every character on a daily basis. Griffith has the potential to do that, I'm not so sure about Higley because many people speak negatively of her.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4
(edited)

The story is  so nonsensical to me that I am looking for a reason that would make it believable that Will would cheat on Sonny; a man that he loves, respects, and  admires. He puts Sonny on a pedestal to the point of feeling unworthy of him. He wrote Sonny a beautiful letter on their wedding day promising to always be thankful for him and that he was a gift. How does a person change that drastically into a cheater in so little time.. Will in character would never jeopardize Arianna's home life just like his was with Sami and Lucas over the years. Will sleeping with Sparkle to get the scoop to me is stupid because he is not devious. If he wanted confirmation of Sparkle's homosexuality, all he needed was the flirting and kissing as proof of that...Straight men don't flirt with men..These writers do not know how to write character driven stories and it reflects in the ratings....They have had four infidelity stories within the same time period, Rafe/Kate, Ej/Abifail, Will/paul and now JJ/Eve...These writers are unimaginative , in thinking that infidelity is the only way to give couples conflict..It is almost like they are writing a parody of a soap instead of writing one. Will's growing ambition to succeed could have been a good source of conflict for Wilson. Sonny could have gotten involved in dealings with Titan and Victor, that could have drawn him inadvertently into Victor's shady dealings.  Perhaps threats could have been made against Will and Arianna  that could have resulted in his older brothers and Philip to come into town to help out...I could think of alot of different scenarios to generate drama and it is a shame that these writers get money to do nothing, but give us mediocrity...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Oy. JJ's false hope that things could work out with Paige is just too much -- I think that was the saddest scene I've seen for JJ. So desperate to hold on to any glimmer. And then Jenn's "holy shit, what the fuck did I just set in motion?" face was a nice capper to the week. 

Did anyone else see an anvil when Paige told Eve that she could never hate her? Ugh, the poor kid. 

Gawd, Will, honestly. First of all, have some dignity and secondly, as the guilty party here, find the decency to take a minute and reflect on what's happened before yelling at the guy you cheated with. Focus on Ari and get your shit together. Grrrrr. 

• Love 5
(edited)

.Straight men don't flirt with men.

Friends do, just fun, innoncent flirting ;) Straight men who are confident enough with their sexuality don't mind it.

(lol Paul/Will were not friends I know, I'm just teasing)

Was Paul serious when he said, "I thought we were friends"?? lol

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3
(edited)

I finally caught up.  Because I was behind I didn't want to comment on my opinion that the whole Jjeve rests on JJ's lack of self esteem.  He said it over and over.  He didn't feel worthy of her while doing community service and she represents the quality person (trying to say this with a straight face here) he wants to be and that's been the dynamic from the start.  He already is and doesn't know it.  Roxanne seems like a perfect match but he wasn't interested.  In fact, Paige could have been anyone who made him feel that way.  Things were going fine until he learned of Kayla's rape and the bad feelings came back.  He said so.  A transcript of JJ's speech is the best explanation of this mess we're going to get and I'm glad the writers laid it out, unlike how they glossed over Failure and EJ.  I don't think it even came out EJ tracked down Failure to keep her mouth shut about Nick to Hope.

It would be great if Days would play up the good kid is actually bad and the bad kid is actually good angle.  They could redeem Jenn from being a harpy by pursuing a storyline of having her realise  she failed Abs too along with getting a grip on reality and pulling in some recent history along the way rather than abrupt endings.  I do see Jenn approving Abs as a mini-me.  Jenn and Jack did call out Abifailure big time in the HS with Austin and Carrie there.  I thought that would turn her around.  Jack lit a spark in her the way Dingy never has.  Why Days have JJ mention Jack died while saving The Failure is a mystery to me.  Did he think that was an ideal he couldn't live up to?  I don't know.  But Jenn  mentioning JJ's father's death would send a dagger through my own son's heart over his father if I were to casually use it to justify my own feelings in the crisis he is going through.

I'm glad he told Jenn the truth.  And everything he said was the truth.  Also, he said over and over he wanted Paige back and that's when Jenn stopped mid sentence and realised she could make Suddenly Southern stay the fuck away from the kids.  Her speeches to Eve was a thing of beauty, I agree we have our old Jenn back even if briefly and I like Eve better when she keeps her loud mouth shut.  Sure Jenn was inappropriate while trying to find out why her son was so damned sad but she didn't actively lie to keep Paige away like Eve did on a daily basis.  She's made it her full time job to "protect" Paige and said so.  And no sooner did she walk away from that serious confrontation and verbally abusing Theresa some more,  then meet up with Paige to LIE SOME MORE.  She just can't stop.  I'm glad Paige has declared her independence by moving out and being OK with Eve moving away so she could stay in school. (Eve, you can't just transfer to another college as it if were grade school and they were studying the same things.) But I suspect she spends most of her time curling her damned hair. 

While I hated the  human sandwich that was Jenn jumping between Eve's legs and JJ piling on top of his mother I agree with the poster who said her reaction puts some life into this dragged out storyline.  Ok, the batsuit is a little heavy handed but her reaction backs up the scene in the HS that she will follow through with any demands she makes.  And what is she really asking?  Either tell the truth or give the kids a shot let them work it out. I loved it that Jenn stood up straight and made Eve decide right there to either tell the truth or stop interfering.  They aren't Romeo and Juliet but Jenn is correct they were never able to let the relationship run its course and it probably would have by now.  I honestly don't think she's advocating for it to work or doing it to spite Eve but rather that the kids are miserable, it's affecting their lives and dammit let them work it out either way. She hasn't even told JJ yet and while he's clearly not ready for a relationship, the Eveterference was so awful they might heal a bit by discussing what happened.  But Paige needs to be told the truth.   Is Jenn enjoying her power too much?  Clearly.  And JJ needs counseling.  And keep Abifail out of the loop entirely please. 

Having said that I'm no Jenn fan at all and she is making it too much about her.  I hated how she stormed out of the hotel causing JJ to run after her.  Didn't she even hit him twice?  And sat a mile away from him on the sofa?  I found the handholding creepy after that.  But at least she listened.  She listened to a well-trained JJ constantly referencing her feelings.  I almost cried when JJ said he could see the way she looks at him. 

As awful as that was it told me she knew JJ had some responsibility too.  Abs got a nice sit down over a cup of tea because EJ and Sami did not affect Jenn's life.  She was much more deserving of the treatment JJ got, but we expected this would be the outcome, didn't we?  Failure deserved that tumble over the stair rail and a few broken bones.

Sneasel and Sparkle bore me so badly I haven't cared for a while.  I'm glad Lucas could see through Adrienne's ploy to stop by.  Hey at least Justin stayed in town after Jackson left but why is he out snooping on people instead of working on his marriage?  The work spouse is a thing, btw.  Usually it involves coworkers who playfully bicker as if they were married.   A different term is saved for couples suspected of boinking outside of work. 

ETA I forgot it was Adrienne who Justin was snooping on.  If he had any lines I missed it.

This accidental  box  left intentionally blank .

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4
(edited)

Why wouldn't Jennifer think that Paige would still want J.J.?  Chelsea still wanted Nick after he slept with her mother (even though she was initially hesitant at that fact), and Jennifer herself wanted Jack after he slept with hers, so at least there's some history on her side.

I can agree with that. I think where JJ might have a harder hill to climb is that he kept sleeping with Eve, but who knows...this show is weird. Kristen slept with both father and son and if she wasn't insane, things would have worked out for her with Brady.

The lie will hurt JJ's relationship with Paige more than anything else when she finds out, and that's where Jennifer needs to err on the side of caution. These things always come out.  Of course, Eve doesn't seem to realize this either, so everyone involved is kind of clunky in the brain.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Lucas is right: it is out of character for Sonny not to say goodbye to Arianna. In fact, it's so out of character, I'd like to pretend it didn't happen that way. Lucas was misinformed.

• Love 4
(edited)

Rory was the voice of wisdom today. Does weed help people's brains?....

With the way Eve and Jennifer were screaming out their conversation in public, I'm shocked Paige doesn't already know.  They were even louder than EJ and Abby were when talking  in the park about their non-existent baby.

Even Jennifer seemed to voice the opinion that maybe JJ should be honest with Paige, so I didn't come away thinking that she was being manipulative of the two kiddies just because of her hatred of Eve. Jennifer seemed to be registering that the secret could be found out, but JJ isn't brave enough to "Man Up" like Rory told him to. I think Jennifer really does want JJ to be happy....nothing in MR's acting today seemed to signal to me that she was trying to manipulate JJ. She even asked if being with Paige is what he really wanted, and and he answered with a definitive yes, but on the honesty side of the equation he's not being brave like Rory told him to be (I know Rory wasn't talking about JJ and Eve, but I feel what he said today was wise and concise!). 

Eve really does seem to love her daughter, so her stupidity where JJ is concerned continues to baffle me. Maybe the storyline would be less weird to me if Eve really didn't love her daughter? Eve has a certain rapport with her daughter that I don't really see from other mothers who sleep with their daughter's ex-boyfriends on soaps, so color me confused. Wtf (my favourite expression for most storylines on this show).

Will's acting didn't seem quite as bad to me today. GW seemed to be executing a real point of view with his character today. Maybe the other part of the storyline where Will slept with Paul  ...er...just because...was as confusing to him as to the rest of us.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4