Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This so much. It's fun. The slow mo of them walking out of prison was hilarious. I'm excited to see what they all have planned.

That was a great shot/scene. Like straight out of a movie (either 3 from Hell or Devil's Rejects promo came to mind. Can't remember which.)  I loved that they all got new clothes before leaving prison.  I guess Kristin also demanded the governor send in a fashion assistant. 😁 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Why was Vivian forgotten? The dirty half dozen. The exit scene did remind me of a movie, but I am forgetting which one. What did Orpheus find on the Governor to arrange for such a deal, and also open the shops or bring in some shop to clothe the new releases?

Shawn, be grateful that you may not be responsible for Jan's spawn for at least the next 18 years. Take the paternity test, wrap up Jr. and his stuff and wish Evan well.

So Kristen expects to live at Jake's place? Hope he still had the air mattress he bought.

The new Rolf was okay.

Hope Sarah can get Dr. Marlena to hypnotize her to see if she event went to the mansion that evening. She would have a good reason and especially in her addled state. Probably get off on her mental health and being addled by that drug. Someone does need to bring up that there are various masks of Salemites and that 'Sarah' may have been someone wearing a mask of her face. Does she have the coat that Lucas saw?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Why was Vivian forgotten? The dirty half dozen. The exit scene did remind me of a movie, but I am forgetting which one. What did Orpheus find on the Governor to arrange for such a deal, and also open the shops or bring in some shop to clothe the new releases?

Shawn, be grateful that you may not be responsible for Jan's spawn for at least the next 18 years. Take the paternity test, wrap up Jr. and his stuff and wish Evan well.

So Kristen expects to live at Jake's place? Hope he still had the air mattress he bought.

The new Rolf was okay.

Hope Sarah can get Dr. Marlena to hypnotize her to see if she event went to the mansion that evening. She would have a good reason and especially in her addled state. Probably get off on her mental health and being addled by that drug. Someone does need to bring up that there are various masks of Salemites and that 'Sarah' may have been someone wearing a mask of her face. Does she have the coat that Lucas saw?

Sarah masks not a plot point yet. We have to go through Chad yelling at Sarah, Clyde figuring out who Leo is and finally Leo turning on Gwen to save himself before the mask reveal 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This so much. It's fun. The slow mo of them walking out of prison was hilarious. I'm excited to see what they all have planned.

Same.  Hopefully Ron will have them go their own ways to cause havoc and not work together to poison the town's water supply.  GH viewers will remember that story line.  It was great fun at the time but been there, done that.

My Days watching has been more off than on for awhile so I had no idea who Evan was.  I just read up on him on the Days fan wiki.  So this guy has killed at least two people, including the mother of one of his children, right?  Not sure I'm gonna root for him getting custody of a baby.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Same.  Hopefully Ron will have them go their own ways to cause havoc and not work together to poison the town's water supply.  GH viewers will remember that story line.  It was great fun at the time but been there, done that.

My Days watching has been more off than on for awhile so I had no idea who Evan was.  I just read up on him on the Days fan wiki.  So this guy has killed at least two people, including the mother of one of his children, right?  Not sure I'm gonna root for him getting custody of a baby.

Many of us have a fond ness for him when he was David's nanny and dating Sonny. That and the actor Brock Kelly is an incredibly nice guy.  This is the problem when they take a likeable actor/character so far to the deep end it can be hard to change course and bring them back around.  

• Love 7

It was kind of fun when Evan was messing with Ben and Ciara.  Not sure it will be as much fun messing with Belle and Shawn.  
   Felt really bad for Sara and she should have had a lawyer with her.   Rafe and she does not think She needs one.  Of course she does.  
  Unsure of jada right now. Love her professional police attire lol 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I guess after Abby's stabbing, they didn't up security at the mansion? Rolf just walks in and hangs out in the living room. 

Kristen goes to stay with Jake? She has no brotherly relationship to, she can afford Salem Inn if she doesn't want to go home.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Nah.  I'm done with those types of storylines.  The last time it was done was Theo toward Valerie, and it was just as cringe-worthy then.

What's fun is that I literally have no way of knowing which way this one's going to go.  I've said which why I want it to, but Ron, for once, has good reasons to go in either direction on this one.

I don't mind those storylines because at least its something beyond a triangle which seems to be the defacto storyline in soaps.  If this show wants Brady/Chloe a viable couple they need to deal with other things beyond an ex lover. They could bring Joy onto the show where she comes to town reeling from Craig/Nancy's breakup then she finds out the only reason she existed is to save Chloe's life.  Course these type of storylines are too character driven for this show.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I guess after Abby's stabbing, they didn't up security at the mansion? Rolf just walks in and hangs out in the living room. 

Kristen goes to stay with Jake? She has no brotherly relationship to, she can afford Salem Inn if she doesn't want to go home.

This is what bugs the heck out of me. I know soaps are fantasy; but come on, an extremely wealthy family and no cameras??? Apparently there were no cameras on any of the streets that lead to the DiMera Mansion. Moreover, there are zero cameras at the Salem Inn as Rafe could have looked to see if Sarah left her room. Ron, his writers, and producers put zero thought into this story line not to mention the others before this.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

They're smarter than most of the heroes of Salem, so I wouldn't be so quick to call them that.

A loaf of bread or a single potato beats everyone in the Salem brain trust, be they villains or heroes.

I'd hate to be hanging since the last time any of them cracked double digits in the I.Q. department, other than Dr. Rolf.  And he does all his thinking in pig latin.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ral80 said:

This is what bugs the heck out of me. I know soaps are fantasy; but come on, an extremely wealthy family and no cameras??? Apparently there were no cameras on any of the streets that lead to the DiMera Mansion. Moreover, there are zero cameras at the Salem Inn as Rafe could have looked to see if Sarah left her room. Ron, his writers, and producers put zero thought into this story line not to mention the others before this.

Bugs me too. Not only does the Dimera mansion not have security cameras but they also don't appear to lock their doors....the front door, the french doors, or the crypt door. 🙄  And yet there are cameras somewhere in Salem since it provided Clyde with an alibi when he went fishing. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I was not expecting a nuRolf. The actor looks enough like the OG Rolf, but OG Rolf was never as wacky and eccentric as this guy seems to be playing him. NuRolf seems like he's had a few too many of JJ's pot donuts.

WHY would Belle of all people be so resistant to another paternity test for Shawn Christian? I get that Shawn has already connected with the kid and might be hesitant, but you'd think Belle would jump at the possibility of Jan's baby NOT being fathered by Shawn.

Verdict's still out on Jada. I must have missed where they said she was Marcus' daughter, but I was not much of a fan of the way show introduced her, just blowing into the pub and going in on Clyde. Some extra set-up would've been nice. Plus, what kind of outfit is that for a detective's first day on the job? Looked more like she was going to happy hour at the Cheatin' Heart. Don't dislike her though...yet.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Verdict's still out on Jada. I must have missed where they said she was Marcus' daughter, but I was not much of a fan of the way show introduced her, just blowing into the pub and going in on Clyde. Some extra set-up would've been nice. Plus, what kind of outfit is that for a detective's first day on the job? Looked more like she was going to happy hour at the Cheatin' Heart. Don't dislike her though...yet.

I am being cautiously optimistic because I want to like her because I liked her dad but this is Ron. He does not know how to write for women..

Her first scenes should have been with Steve and Kayla. The show could have shown some flashbacks featuring Marcus and his ties to Steve and Kayla to remind viewers who may not know her dad but that would be too character-driven for Ron..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

I was not expecting a nuRolf. The actor looks enough like the OG Rolf, but OG Rolf was never as wacky and eccentric as this guy seems to be playing him. NuRolf seems like he's had a few too many of JJ's pot donuts.

Agree, he was way too giddy for Dr. Rolf.  He did well on the voice but missed the mark on the personality. 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

WHY would Belle of all people be so resistant to another paternity test for Shawn Christian? I get that Shawn has already connected with the kid and might be hesitant, but you'd think Belle would jump at the possibility of Jan's baby NOT being fathered by Shawn.

This! I was thinking the same thing.  It's like Belle is stuck in bitch mode and has reached the point where she's even screwing herself over.  She should be jumping at the possibility of being rid of Jan's kid from her and Shawn's life.  It's certainly not like she's bonded with the baby. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree, he was way too giddy for Dr. Rolf.  He did well on the voice but missed the mark on the personality. 

This! I was thinking the same thing.  It's like Belle is stuck in bitch mode and has reached the point where she's even screwing herself over.  She should be jumping at the possibility of being rid of Jan's kid from her and Shawn's life.  It's certainly not like she's bonded with the baby. 

Unless Belle is really, really hungry.  One look at that salami wrapped in a blanket Shawn is holding (not THAT, mind out of the gutter and into the deli, please), had Belle not only seeing the resemblance to Shawn, 

giphy.gif

but also made her wonder where the cheese board was stashed and whether they had any decent crackers laying around.

Evan, come back with a good DNA test and a charcuterie board  and we'll talk.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Maybe because if the kid is not Shawn's , gone is the built-in mechanism that gave Belle an excuse to fuck EJ? Because she sure as hell never even TRIED to truly salvage her marriage before she peaced out.

(Frankly, though, I hope it is the end of Shawn/Belle. They never screamed destiny couple, to me. And even if this Shawn is a dumbass, he is a child of Bo and Hope, so he should be written as such and find some woman that actually gives a shit about him. Maybe recast if the writers can't learn to like Brandon Beemer.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Funny you should say that because I thought the new Rolf actually had a lot more personality than the old Rolf. In fact, I found him quite amusing.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I think that the fact that they even talked at all and got a lot of things off their chests, cleared the air the way that they did, shows that it's not the end of them.

The above post was about Shawn and Belle...

I wonder..... if the roles were played *right now* once again by JC & KS would the couple still spark?  I've posted before I became a Shelle fan during the JC/KS years, so I'm just curious if it was something between the two actors - or - was it how the characters were written back then that made me a fan?

P.S.  can I say how jarring it was for me when KS showed up on General Hospital? Since I no longer watch that show, I don't know if KS is still there, but I think she's now portrayed Maxi Jones longer than she portrayed Belle Black.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I wonder..... if the roles were played *right now* once again by JC & KS would the couple still spark?  I've posted before I became a Shelle fan during the JC/KS years, so I'm just curious if it was something between the two actors - or - was it how the characters were written back then that made me a fan?

P.S.  can I say how jarring it was for me when KS showed up on General Hospital? Since I no longer watch that show, I don't know if KS is still there, but I think she's now portrayed Maxi Jones longer than she portrayed Belle Black.

KS is still there JC was there for a while and was briefly paired with KS's Maxie (and Jen Lilley's version when KS was on medical leave). I liked them on GH too actually although it wasn't on the same level as Shelle story/impact wise.   Yes she's portrayed Maxie since 2005 so its been 17 years far longer than the 5 years she was on Days.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Wouldn't that be the Salem PD?

They're certainly no slouches in that department!

It's Go for the Gold in Salem these days.

• LOL 4
On 7/11/2022 at 3:56 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think they'll have to accuse and arrest Lucas first.  More red herrings before they find the real killer.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Jensen Ackles is in the most recent season of The Boys on Amazon.  That's not a show for everyone, but if you can stomach gratuitous... well, everything - graphic violence, nudity, sex, foul language (you name it, it's in there) - you might like it.  It's a satire on superhero movies/shows, but also on today's modern America, politics, and society. I definitely said "ew!!" a few times out loud and watched through my fingers a couple times, but I thought it was overall a good show.

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I think for me personally it was a mixture of both but at the end of the day it was the chemistry between the actors that made me a fan. It kept me a fan through god awful shit and Shawn's OG shit with Jan. The I'm accuse her of being a baby killer by believing Jan over her.

It's why I only ship their version and not the other two. For you only you can answer that question but the writing for the current version isn't helping then all. It doesn't help that MM best chem with always be with JKJ it sure in the hell wasn't wth the Shawn's. I do think they should break them up for good it's no longer believable that Belle even luvs Shawn & hasn't for a long time. Bring JKJ back and have a story triangle with Chloe/Belle. Find someone new for Shawn & recast cause they clearly don't like BBe version.

She has & FYI You ani't missing shit from stop watching GH. The only good thing they have going on is Sprina and there taking all day with that.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Nique said:

I think for me personally it was a mixture of both but at the end of the day it was the chemistry between the actors that made me a fan. It kept me a fan through god awful shit and Shawn's OG shit with Jan. The I'm accuse her of being a baby killer by believing Jan over her.

It's why I only ship their version and not the other two. For you only you can answer that question but the writing for the current version isn't helping then all. It doesn't help that MM best chem with always be with JKJ it sure in the hell wasn't wth the Shawn's. I do think they should break them up for good it's no longer believable that Belle even luvs Shawn & hasn't for a long time. Bring JKJ back and have a story triangle with Chloe/Belle. Find someone new for Shawn & recast cause they clearly don't like BBe version.

She has & FYI You ani't missing shit from stop watching GH. The only good thing they have going on is Sprina and there taking all day with that.

Yes they should do something different and have a Belle/Phillip/Chloe triangle instead of Phillip/Belle/Shawn or Brady/Chloe/Phillip triangle. I think JKJ's last stint wouldn't seem like such a waste of time (although I feel that way about everything else on this show tbh)

I pretty much tune in on days when GF/Laura is on so yes I agree with your GH assessment lol. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes they should do something different and have a Belle/Phillip/Chloe triangle instead of Phillip/Belle/Shawn or Brady/Chloe/Phillip triangle. I think JKJ's last stint wouldn't seem like such a waste of time (although I feel that way about everything else on this show tbh)

I pretty much tune in on days when GF/Laura is on so yes I agree with your GH assessment lol. 

Yessss especially when Jan was released and targeted Claire(who really needs to come back). I thought Belle seeking Philip's help and Shawn being against it wth Jan had the potential to be something. When things go wrong with Shawn, Phil was the one person who Belle turned to. Like a crutch

Philip would've made more sense in this Jan shit the build in history instead of Belle sleeping with her sister's rapist who she dragged her for loving among other things. She still would've been a triflin hoe but it would have made at least a lick of sense with Philip. They wasted JKJ/Phil on some B.S.

Genie is always a bright spot but Laura really didn't have a story of her own. Hopefully when she comes back from Vacation they have a story waiting for her. Besides all the stuff going on with her son & grandsons 

• Love 8

^Yep he was willing to get rid of Jan too for Claire/Belle I remember that. Shawn didn't really like it Phil's method I remember disagreement about it.

• Love 6

About to say something unpopular, but I think JKJ was awful his last go-round, and I think Chloe fits so much better with Brady, any version. If Shawn and Belle should split, maybe recast Phillip, see if the new actor sparks with Martha Madison, and get a new woman for Shawn.

But frankly, I was relieved to see JKJ exit so abruptly.

• Love 6
(edited)
44 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

About to say something unpopular, but I think JKJ was awful his last go-round, and I think Chloe fits so much better with Brady, any version. If Shawn and Belle should split, maybe recast Phillip, see if the new actors sparks with Martha Madison, and get a new woman for Shawn.

Not unpopular he sure was a lot of people were saying it esp on Twitter & the writing was god awful but he is Phil to me. I thought Phloe deserved another chance as adults to see if they can work. I'm not a fan of Broe at all though if they are going that route it was better with KL. All cause of chemistry. 

Edited by Nique
Add
  • Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

About to say something unpopular, but I think JKJ was awful his last go-round, and I think Chloe fits so much better with Brady, any version. If Shawn and Belle should split, maybe recast Phillip, see if the new actor sparks with Martha Madison, and get a new woman for Shawn.

I admit to not caring for him as much this time around.  I don't know if it was him or the writing because I'm not sure a different actor would make anything different. Its hard to elevate this type of dreck.

Although I am wondering why they even had Philip/Gabi interact if nothing was going to happen with them. It would've been better pursuing that than having him be a third wheel to Broe.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

I've just caught up on the week. Two entries in my ongoing "Zach Tinker is Recast of the Year" submission. First, Sonny and Will in bed with the crumbs is one of the single most believable "couple" moments I can remember between those two, recast or otherwise. And second, the platonic connection between Sonny and Chad is very well written and portrayed. I've seen those friendships in real life but rarely on TV. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I didn’t care for JKJ this last go around either. He lost his warmth. All he did was frown and scowl. 

I don't think that Ron knew how to write for him. I think Hogan Sheffer's Philip was the best version played by JKJ.  Philip was written how the son of Victor and Kate would be. He was dynamic devious strong intelligent deadly with a soft side that he showed when he was with Belle. He was so gentle and loving with her. Their sex scenes and their afterglow was amazing.. Claire should have been Philip's daughter.

10 hours ago, Nique said:

MM's Belle came alive with JKJ's Philip. Shelle was never the same after both roles were recast and the show should have moved on.  Belle with Philip and Sean with Mimi. Sean even sparkled with Chloe.  The possibilities were endless for Belle and Sean away from each other..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't think that Ron knew how to write for him. I think Hogan Sheffer's Philip was the best version played by JKJ.  Philip was written how the son of Victor and Kate would be. He was dynamic devious strong intelligent deadly with a soft side that he showed when he was with Belle. He was so gentle and loving with her. Their sex scenes and their afterglow was amazing.. Claire should have been Philip's daughter.

MM's Belle came alive with JKJ's Philip. Shelle was never the same after both roles were recast and the show should have moved on.  Belle with Philip and Sean with Mimi. Sean even sparkled with Chloe.  The possibilities were endless for Belle and Sean away from each other..

I agree that Belle and Philip came alive with each other (MM and JKJ). And Shawn sparked with Mimi, but that was Jason Cook’s Shawn. To be honest, I haven’t seen BB’s Shawn sparkle with anyone. It’s weird.

• Love 2

I think Brandom Beemer sparks with Nadia's Chloe, but considering their real life history I don't think the show would ever go there. 

I loved their scene this past week. I feel like the writers are comfortable writing them as friends now. More so than when they initially broke up in real life. 

• Love 7

I agree that JKJ was "off" for most of his last run as Philip, but then towards the end I thought he seemed to slide back into the role - a bit sideways, but I sorta loved him at that point.  He seemed batshit crazy a lot of the time but all of a sudden he made me empathize with him, too.

Spoiler

In any case, I think Show could use Victor's only surviving child back on the show a whole lot more than a recycled Ben Weston, all washed and waxed with new rims as a rechristened Kiriakis.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I really hate Ava and not in the "love to hate her" but in a "I truly hate this character"--not quite KM as Abby level of dislike but bad enough that I want the character to be hideously hurt and crying her eyes out and then every character she's ever hurt gets to laugh at her.

I could get behind Gabi and Kristen becoming frienimies and working together to stick it to EJ and Chad but there's also a part of me that wants to see Gabi out of the Dimera storyline and put somewhere else.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Ava used to make my skin crawl, and Kayla used to be one of my favorite characters, but I realized today that Kayla's been acting like a bitch (and not in a fun bitch kind of way) and I've grown to kinda like Ava.  I'm so over Kayla's sanctimonious attitude.  Miss I'll share privileged confidential hospital information with my saintly niece Abigail, hell I'll even let her go through personnel offices for her own personal gain, but co-operate with a police officer in a murder investigation, that would be against my moral code. She could have just nicely told Jada she'd be happy to help, just bring the proper paperwork so she can comply. Poor Marcus is probably rolling in his grave over the way she acted all uprighteous to his daughter who was only trying to do her job and help with the investigation. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8

I howled when Jada actually protected information from Kayla and Steve, although Kayla (rather rudely) dished that back. Jada will soon learn that it's SOP for the Salem PD to give full details of any and all cases to Random Extra #4 who asks.

I wasn't watching during the original Ava era, and I know there's a lot of animosity there from those who did. But I like Ava and Jake together. They had a mature conversation about the state of their relationship. I really hope they aren't going to bring Gabi and Jake back together.

It will get tiresome quickly I'm sure, but I'm enjoying Kristen running all over town wreaking havoc. Her entire shtick over the coffee was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I howled when Jada actually protected information from Kayla and Steve, although Kayla (rather rudely)

I thought the rudeness went both ways. 

It was disappointed.  Kayla and Marcus were the best of friends.  This should have been such  a warm reunion.   Shame the writers can't even remember its own history 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I'm curious.  Was it that bad between them when they split?

I don't think so but I don't recall an instance on this show where exes were paired again onscreen(I mean it might've happened but nothing at the top of my head)

• Love 1

Watching today’s episode with mom 

when Eric and Jayda were bonding over jogging told mom I would take up running just for him.  
then Nicole getting robbed at murder park. No one pays attention to their surroundings.  Then Eric showed up.   Filled mom in how they are soulmates but things get their way.   She asked what things ?  Devil , being married to other people, being a priest. 
when she rolled her eyes I decided to leave Kristin’s history for another day. 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Swartz said:

It was disappointed.  Kayla and Marcus were the best of friends.  This should have been such  a warm reunion.   Shame the writers can't even remember its own history 

No kidding!  You'd think Kayla was mere acquaintances with Marcus considering how she acted when Jada first came upon Steve/Kayla at their table.

• Like 3
  • Love 4