Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, boes said:

If only he'd said, shamefaced, "But I had a ..... coupon"

I can guarantee if it was Ben who'd been kidnapped, she'd have been out of their as fast as her pants suit could carry her.

Jawn can wait.

OMG!!!! This is cracking me up!!!!

• Love 3

Belle can't even Thot/Hoe right pitful. Running and hiding from Sami what she thought you can sleep with your sister's rapist scummy ex husband & not have to face Her/Music? What she running scared for she was all mouth to her parents about Sami not owning the scuz bucket. Own your hoeness like the grown woman you supposed to be no hiding now. I hope Sami pops her in the face just like Sami got popped in the face by Carrie for Austin. This story Belle/EJ/Sami is so gutter trash & not in the least bit good.

Ali Sweeney had me in tears I felt her pain. She expected this shit from EJ but not Lucas that's got to burn. But Death Row is the worst thing he has done to her I need Sami to remember that. They destroyed my Lumi with this shit. I hope this is the end of Sami & her shitty rapist too.

Carson Boatman is so not good.

I enjoyed Will & Allie at the end and I'm glad she's going to be there for her mamma tomorrow.

I thought BD was off until Lucas really confessing then he was good. I don't know how Lucas thought this was going to end fairly for him. I know Sami has forgiven EJ for all kind of heinous shit so maybe he thought she look the other way too.

BF was good today.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

What Lucas did was scuzzy and awful.

But I just felt zip for Sami, after all the shit SHE pulled on others through the years, her pain and anger just seems so...disingenuous. And considering she forgave EJ for RAPING her, this is nothing.

If anything, I think LUCAS had a lucky escape.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Nique said:

Belle can't even Thot/Hoe right pitful. Running and hiding from Sami what she thought you can sleep with your sister's rapist scummy ex husband & not have to face Her/Music? What she running scared for she was all mouth to her parents about Sami not owning the scuz bucket. Own your hoeness like the grown woman you supposed to be no hiding now. I hope Sami pops her in the face just like Sami got popped in the face by Carrie for Austin. This story Belle/EJ/Sami is so gutter trash & not in the least bit good.

Ali Sweeney had me in tears I felt her pain. She expected this shit from EJ but not Lucas that's got to burn. But Death Row is the worst thing he has done to her I need Sami to remember that. They destroyed my Lumi with this shit. I hope this is the end of Sami & her shitty rapist too.

Carson Boatman is so not good.

I enjoyed Will & Allie at the end and I'm glad she's going to be there for her mamma tomorrow.

I thought BD was off until Lucas really confessing then he was good. I don't know how Lucas thought this was going to end fairly for him. I know Sami has forgiven EJ for all kind of heinous shit so maybe he thought she look the other way too.

BF was good today.

Sami has never instantly forgiven EJ for what hem has done. she has married other men, shot him, taken the kids away from him and got him thrown in jail.

She will forgive Lucas eventually but it won’t be around this go around.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sami has never instantly forgiven EJ for what hem has done. she has married other men, shot him, taken the kids away from him and got him thrown in jail.

She will forgive Lucas eventually but it won’t be around this go around.

I know that I'm talking about in general eventually forgave him. I don't think she should just forgive Lucas either not without making it rain holy hell on him for what he did. It be OCC 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

What Lucas did was scuzzy and awful.

But I just felt zip for Sami, after all the shit SHE pulled to others through the years, her pain and anger just seems so...disingenuous. And considering she forgave EJ for RAPING her, this is nothing.

If anything, I think LUCAS had a lucky escape.

Understandable the vibe I got from her was that she was shocked that Lucas did it like if it was anyone else she wouldn't be surprised. Like it wasn't so much the kidnapping that hurt her the worst, but his actions afterwards that was the worst thing about it. Like how she described the fear, not seeing her kids again(which 2 of them are his)& he still kept at it. I know mileage varies 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Sami I almost felt bad for then she goes running into EJs bedroom like she has any right? She believed the worst of EJ, claiming she loves him so much but thought the worst that he'd kidnapped her and refused to listen to EJ at all. She realizes now he was right and runs to him.  He should kick her out and send her back to the kidnapper.

I like angry Chad good for finally saying the truth. 

Allie telling Will to do something and he was like what was funny.  

Johnny's reaction was great, liked him siding with Chad and going with him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I get the feeling that Allie likes Will a hell of a lot more than Johnny. She's always been nicer to Will than to Johnny, and I wonder if it boils down to the fact that they share both parents whereas she & Johnny, despite being twins, only share a mother. 

Why does Chandler Massey always looks like he's on the verge of tears? His eyes always look watery. 

I'm so glad all of Lucas' dirty laundry is finally out in the open. My Lumi loving heart took a hit today but I didn't want them to get married with Lucas' deceit hanging over them. I still think Lucas is a red herring for Abby's murder, but I do wonder how he got that nasty cut on his hand. 

Billy Flynn has been great since Abby's murder (from the few scenes I've seen). Chad is so angry and barely holding it together and I loved everything about him confronting Lucas today. 

Despite hating the idea of EJ & Belle getting involved, I have to admit they have some nice chemistry and they look really good together. Poor Shawn getting cheated on again, though. This is the 3rd time now?

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I get the feeling that Allie likes Will a hell of a lot more than Johnny. She's always been nicer to Will than to Johnny, and I wonder if it boils down to the fact that they share both parents whereas she & Johnny, despite being twins, only share a mother. 

Why does Chandler Massey always looks like he's on the verge of tears? His eyes always look watery. 

I'm so glad all of Lucas' dirty laundry is finally out in the open. My Lumi loving heart took a hit today but I didn't want them to get married with Lucas' deceit hanging over them. I still think Lucas is a red herring for Abby's murder, but I do wonder how he got that nasty cut on his hand. 

Billy Flynn has been great since Abby's murder (from the few scenes I've seen). Chad is so angry and barely holding it together and I loved everything about him confronting Lucas today. 

Despite hating the idea of EJ & Belle getting involved, I have to admit they have some nice chemistry and they look really good together. Poor Shawn getting cheated on again, though. This is the 3rd time now?

But technically Shawn cheated first. Granted is was devil related but cheating is still cheating. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Nique said:

This!  Belle has been skipping up the bitch ladder for years now but today she made the final climb right up there with Abigail when she spread her legs for EJ while still acting like Sami was trash for loving him.   

• Fire 2
  • Love 11
On 7/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, Pearson80 said:

Arianna is actually a descendent of Roman and Marlena and not Jarlena.  Marlena shares more children and grandchildren with Roman than with John.

Yeah, John and Marlena's only shared child is Belle, which means Claire is their only shared grandchild.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

This!  Belle has been skipping up the bitch ladder for years now but today she made the final climb right up there with Abigail when she spread her legs for EJ while still acting like Sami was trash for loving him.   

Icam 2 faced fakeness I hate that ish

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Nique said:

This story is just so damn awful in every way. Belle is just garbage and I want to see how Marlena will justify this because we all know that she will side with Belle over Sami. In that regard I feel bad for Sami. 

Ron has been working overtime to make Belle and Sami enemies when they loved each other before his poison pen came to the show. It is like he is recreating the Carrie/Sami dynamic with Belle/Sami and it does not ring true for me.. Belle is once again a cheater and Shawn-Douglas is weak...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I think it's very much a Horton vs DiMera thing--growing up, Allie was the only Horton with Johnny and Sydney as the DiMera siblings and EJ doesn't seem very fond of Allie either, so I can understand her embracing Will as her sibling.

On today's episode, even when Belle is in the right, her petulant reactions just irk me.  Yes, Sami has no right to run into EJ's room and demand answers but Belle has no business acting like she's an innocent party.

• Applause 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

On one one digital series Lani was annoying people in Miami and Salem at the same time.

I'm pretty sure when they initially did Beyond Salem, they said it wouldn't be tied to the main show so if you couldn't watch it it wasn't a big deal. So, basically, kind of a fantasy type thing. Same with the Christmas movie, which was an actual fantasy. But then they started talking about Beyond Sale chapter one on the main show so that went out the window and now they have Beyond Salem and the main show happening together with overlap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

For me, she didn't technically cheat on Shawn because they are legally separated, Belle lives in the same house with EJ, and Shawn already suspects there's attraction between Belle & EJ. If & when Shawn hears (from Sami?  Chloe?) that Belle and EJ had sex, I doubt he'd be surprised, as though it was completely out of the blue.

Speaking of Belle & EJ, ah well, it was nice while it lasted. I liked how they maturely ended things in a "we'll always have Paris (were there for each other when we needed it) way". Although I would have liked their relationship to continue a little bit longer, I'm ok with it ending now.

19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami will eventually forgive Lucas.

Yeah, the two of them have forgiven each other for so much crap over the years, I think eventually she will forgive Lucas. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 7/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, Pearson80 said:

You are correct. Belle is her favorite because she is John's.. 

Arianna is actually a descendent of Roman and Marlena and not Jarlena.  Marlena shares more children and grandchildren with Roman than with John.

I know but Jarlena are a blended family to the point where biology doesn't matter here.

• Love 2

I thought Roman was pretty good today. Especially calling out Phillip and what he just did to Chloe.  He called out what Kate's sons are like to women who they know want someone else.

• Love 5

I too liked Roman calling Kate out on her two sons' behaviours with women.

Except for plot, Sami had no reason to go running back to EJ to talk about her woes. She has her family and children and is now divorced from EJ. Of course she thought the lingerie belonged to Nicole. LOL.

Eric and Nicole were good together as longtime friends. She can be herself with him. Of course she would have enjoyed Sami's comeuppance. Even though she did feel badly for her and finding out that the man she loved kidnapped her.

Chad was a bit much at the police station. I could see Rafe rolling his eyes at him in that he knew about the lies that sent EJ to jail but did nothing.

Roman, it was cold to throw Kate out that evening. I don't know if I had bad sound but he seemed to be mumbling or had issues talking.

At least Belle and EJ are done. Short and sweet.

Nice to see Allie comforting her mom.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think it's very much a Horton vs DiMera thing--growing up, Allie was the only Horton with Johnny and Sydney as the DiMera siblings and EJ doesn't seem very fond of Allie either, so I can understand her embracing Will as her sibling.

Yeah, that's what I figure. I wish the show would explore that as being the root of Allie's obvious dislike of Johnny rather it being just about Chanel. I'm sure it must have been somewhat lonely for Allie to grow up surrounded by DiMeras while her father was usually half a world away.  

4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

For me, she didn't technically cheat on Shawn because they are legally separated, Belle lives in the same house with EJ, and Shawn already suspects there's attraction between Belle & EJ. If & when Shawn hears (from Sami?  Chloe?) that Belle and EJ had sex, I doubt he'd be surprised, as though it was completely out of the blue.

Ah, okay. Since I haven't been watching regularly I didn't know that Belle & Shawn are legally separated. I also thought Belle was living with Marlena & John and was just visiting EJ. Guess I've missed quite a bit. I'm glad Shawn has some idea about EJ & Belle so that when he finds out about their romp he won't be completely blindsided. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh!

Look, what Lucas did was terrible but for Roman to sit there and act like it's some unconscionable thing for EJ to sit in prison for a crime he didn't commit considering all the things that asshole has gotten away with. And, double shut up, because Roman is not some young naive guy. He's an older guy who's been around the block a time or two...with Kate! He knows this woman's history, yet he put on a full court press to get her to be with him - knowing full well who she is and what she's capable of - and now he seems shocked and disgusted that she did something shady to protect her kid. Get real. I can maybe have some sympathy for him if it's a Nicole/Eric type situation where the person is claiming they've changed, but I don't think Kate ever made any such promise to Roman.

And for Eric to actually say he wasn't sure how Sami would get over almost marrying her kidnapper. Gee, she seemed to muddle on through marrying the man who committed one rape of her and facilitated another. I mean, this is a soap where a lot of characters do heinous things, but especially when you're dealing with a character with Sami's particular history, it's a little hard to buy people acting like it would be somehow beneath Sami to marry her kidnapper.

EJ is so gross. First off, fuck all the way off acting disgusted with what Lucas did given the things you've done. At this point, I don't know why any woman in Salem would want to be with him or any fan should be expected to invest in any non-Sami pairing. He'll insult Sami up one side and down the other and then in the blink of an eye is professing his love to her. Belle's scent was still all over him and he was pawing at Sami telling her how they could start again. THEN, when she rejects him, he immediately goes back to Belle basically "Alright, round three." 🤮

Also, shut up Chad. Look, I get he's grieving and I definitely feel a lot of sympathy for him but this is already the second man he's physically assaulted because he THINKS he killed Abigail. And, he basically insists he has to be right, even though all he has to go on is circumstantial evidence. Is this all he's going to do from now on - beating up everyone he suspects might have killed Abigail? I mean, I might not mind the Leo beatdown, but it's still tired already.

As for yesterday's show - and today's - like others have said, it was hard to dredge up much sympathy for Sami. First of all, it was never really played before this that Sami was actually that traumatized over this. It's not Sami's first kidnapping and, even in her first scenes with her kidnappers, she didn't seem that scared. It's hard to turn that around because of one monologue - no matter how well performed. And, given Sami's own behavior against others - and to Lucas as well - it was hard to deal with her "how could you do something so horrible" posturing. I'm not sure anything Sami has done to him has been quite as bad (I mean since they started having feelings for each other) but this is not the first wedding of theirs that was interrupted by a bombshell reveal. It's just usually Sami's lies that are getting blown up. I can't feel too bad for her with the shoe on the other foot.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Also, shut up Chad. Look, I get he's grieving and I definitely feel a lot of sympathy for him but this is already the second man he's physically assaulted because he THINKS he killed Abigail. And, he basically insists he has to be right, even though all he has to go on is circumstantial evidence. Is this all he's going to do from now on - beating up everyone he suspects might have killed Abigail? I mean, I might not mind the Leo beatdown, but it's still tired already.

Yep, as you say, SHUT UP, Chad.  I generally like Chad as I do Billy Flynn, and I know he's been turning in pretty decent performances regarding Abigail's death, and yes, on paper it's appropriate that he'd be this devastated over the loss of his wife, but...... I'm over it.

And it's not that I disliked Marci Miller, I liked her.  She actually made Abigail almost tolerable to me but ....... I just don't care much that she's dead.  Considering what a joke Show has made of death, I don't even believe she really is worm food.  All this "back from the dead" bullshit has made the death of any character under 80 a temporary event, so why bother getting so worked up about it?

As you say, Filmtvgeek80, Chad going around assaulting everyone isn't making him any more sympathetic, at least not to me.   Maybe if Show hadn't made death such a joke I might care more but I don't.  For all we know, Kristen has her her head in a jar and she's feeding her Island Chicken until the inevitable resurrection.

Anyone remember Senor Wences?  He used to do the world's worst puppet shows.  Maybe HE has Abby and will be the one to bring her back.....

giphy.gif

"Oh Chad, I'm back!  Oh Abby, you've never looked better!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Belle really play the victim card doesn't she? Glad Shawn called her out on it. I also expected nothing less of Hurricane Sami to go blowing on over there to announce it. She must have loved that she had an audience. (Also, bye Ali Sweeney - see you next time they feel Sami needs to come to town.)

I did get a good laugh out of Chloe teasing Brady with "who is in the bathroom". "While you were away, I took it up a level."

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

So, Belle is somehow a victim despite knowing that getting together with EJ would hurt both Sami and Shawn?  And Kayla can take several seats--she could at least pretend to not be as biased against her own niece as she is.

My other take away from this episode?  Brady has somehow convinced Theresa to take care of Rachel--I know that Tate and Rachel are siblings but Rachel comes with the baggage of Kristin as a mother.  What if she tries to take Rachel by whatever means necessary?  Rachel needs the protection of the Kiriakis money.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

for Roman to sit there and act like it's some unconscionable thing for EJ to sit in prison for a crime he didn't commit considering all the things that asshole has gotten away with

Yeah, but he's more angry that his daughter was kept locked away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, boes said:

Anyone remember Senor Wences?  He used to do the world's worst puppet shows.  Maybe HE has Abby and will be the one to bring her back.....

giphy.gif

"Oh Chad, I'm back!  Oh Abby, you've never looked better!"

Haha! I remember this well, @boes

• Love 1
(edited)

I used to like Kayla in the '80s, but she dropped down a lot of pegs since then. It's the way she worships niece Abigail while treating niece Sami like dirt that makes me want to smack her a good one.  It's especially disturbing when you consider that Sami is Kayla's brother's daughter and Kayla was around when Sami was little, while Abigail is her rapist's daughter and Kayla was in CA for most of Abigail's childhood.   I did, however, take some pleasure in the secret knowledge that Kayla is helping take care of Orpheus's grandchild. God I hope he rubs that in her face someday soon. 

I, too, don't get the appeal of EJ for all these women who waste their time with him (Belle, Nicole, Abs). For me though, it's new EJ. He just does nothing for me. When he and Belle were in bed together, my gag reflex might have been even tickled.  James Scott pulled off the role with charisma and passion. Plus he was hot. But NuEJ is flat, stuffy, pouty, and his whole bruised ego attitude got old a long time ago. 

Nor was Belle's pity fest appealing. She has a right to be mad at Shawn for crawling up Jan's butt again, but nothing else.  I vote Belle gets hooked up with Chloe, and Days pursues a Belle/Chloe/Brady love triangle rather than Alli/Chanel/Johnny.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I loved watching James Scott. But since he didn't want to come back they had to recast. I like the new EJ. Plenty of chemistry with Sami and Nicole. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I loved watching James Scott. But since he didn't want to come back they had to recast. I like the new EJ. Plenty of chemistry with Sami and Nicole. 

I'm fine with nuEJ, and so far, the only women I think he has chemistry with are Nicole and Belle. Anyhoo, interesting if they show does indeed calls kaput on Belle & Shawn (at least for now) and EJ/Sami  (with Alison's latest departure, that's a gimme unless they recast Sami).

P.S. with the idea of a multiverse (thanks Marvel!), I'll pretend the Salem on DOOL exists in a different universe from Salem on Salem Beyond.  Otherwise, it means human cloning/teleportation now exists [looking at you Kayla/Steve/Marlena]. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I used to like Kayla in the '80s, but she dropped down a lot of pegs since then. It's the way she worships niece Abigail while treating niece Sami like dirt that makes me want to smack her a good one.  It's especially disturbing when you consider that Sami is Kayla's brother's daughter and Kayla was around when Sami was little, while Abigail is her rapist's daughter and Kayla was in CA for most of Abigail's childhood.   I did, however, take some pleasure in the secret knowledge that Kayla is helping take care of Orpheus's grandchild. God I hope he rubs that in her face someday soon. 

Sami was married to EJ when he brainwashed Steve and had Stephanie kidnapped. That's not even mentioning all the other things he did to their family. I know people don't like it when Kayla and Abby got along but despite who Abby's father was Abby never went out of her way to hurt Kayla. Sami is only loyal to Sami which is fine but she shouldn't be surprised if the rest of her family feels the same about her.

I was however bothered by Kayla not having more disgust over EJ/Abby because of not wanting another niece of hers getting involved with him. She should've been horrified over that and yet it was treated as an afterthought.

• Love 8

Roman has a big mouth. Sami has a big mouth.  Marlena doesn’t say much and seems off somehow.  Brady can’t read a room. 
  enjoyed the Lumi memories. Bitter sweet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Sami was married to EJ when he brainwashed Steve and had Stephanie kidnapped. That's not even mentioning all the other things he did to their family. I know people don't like it when Kayla and Abby got along but despite who Abby's father was Abby never went out of her way to hurt Kayla. Sami is only loyal to Sami which is fine but she shouldn't be surprised if the rest of her family feels the same about her.

Sami was married to Lucas when EJ brainwashed Steve. Sami had divorced EJ and gone of to witness protection where she met dumb Rafe before EJ had Stephanie kidnapped. 

Sami was kidnapped for months by 2 ex-cons and lied to by someone who she thought was her friend and she found out the truth just the day before.

Kayla doesn't have to like Sami and Sami is rarely surprised by how her family treats her. 

• Love 3

EJ should be more pissed as Sami not wanting her back, as he pointed out she believed Lucas's lies and that's why they aren't together.  Belle actually believed in him that he didn't kidnap her. 

Shawn acts like he did nothing wrong. He lied the entire time about the devil sex with Jan. Then he let her manipulate him like a puppet moving her into the house, the burgers, packing Belles office to send her things, sitting by her bedside, comforting her, etc etc He only  today now said she's crazy? After everything she did to end up in jail before. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Shawn acts like he did nothing wrong. He lied the entire time about the devil sex with Jan. Then he let her manipulate him like a puppet moving her into the house, the burgers, packing Belles office to send her things, sitting by her bedside, comforting her, etc etc He only  today now said she's crazy? After everything she did to end up in jail before. 

Shawn was traumatized by what Jan did to him which has been building over 20 years of her kidnapping him and hurting Belle. He main concern was about the baby that he was tricked into believing his and unfortunately like a dummy he allowed himself to be manipulated because he was concerned about the baby.

While Belle doesn't have to put up with any of that, she knows what Jan is like more than anyone in the world. She supposedly loves Shawn and saw what Jan was doing, but instead of fighting Jan and trying to protect Shawn, she moved out and decided to spend all her time with a man that she was attracted to. She drew up legal seperation papers so that when she slept with EJ, she wouldn't be accused of cheating on Shawn again. Rather than talking with her mother the shrink, or any of her friends and family, she made EJ her number one confidante. She wanted to sleep with EJ to make her forget while she weighed her options about if she is willing to go back to Shawn. Belle has disappeared from her marriage months ago,

Shawn was a dummy because he was trying to protect a baby.

Belle was feeling sorry for herself.

They are both wrong but Belle has zero excuses for what she did and shouldn't expect Shawn to be okay that she was sleeping with another man while he was struggling and watching over an innocent premie baby.

Edited by nilyank
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Bye, Hurricane Sami. See ya when you blow back in to town.

What a pointless visit and storyline.

Kayla, the bow on your dress looked ridiculous.

Sure, Sami, come to your mom's house, go on about your little sister. Maybe it was wrong, but you are divorced and EJ and Belle are both adults. I probably wouldn't run to a coworker and start an ill-advised affair, but I am not on a soap.

Then blow over to your sister's husband's house to let him know the down and dirty. Belle and your mom know your MO. Always the first strike.

Then go back to EJ. Lead him on a bit, he still has feelings for you, tell him that you are leaving town on the first broom. Yeah, you have spent two decades going between Lucas and EJ.

Belle, you are not the victim and a lot of your circumstance was created by you. Not just the work of the Devil and Jan Spears. You were unhappy in your marriage and then a plan came together. Shawn does need to take the blame for Jan's manipulations.

First time I have seen Doc mad at her best friend.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Damn.  Marlena's "greeting" to Kate was the first time in a while that I felt like Deidre made her sound so believably pissed at her.  (Which, given that she knew about Lucas's crime, she had every right to be.)

I don’t remember Marlena being mad at Kate before. First time for everything, I guess.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

First time I have seen Doc mad at her best friend.

I don't think that Kate has ever been Marlena's best friend.  Marlena has had closer deeper friendships with other people on the show throughout the years..

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't think that Kate has ever been Marlena's best friend.  Marlena has had closer deeper friendships with other people on the show throughout the years..

Like Ben.

Ugh.

• LOL 8
14 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Shawn would never have done it, but when Belle walked out on him when he rightly called her out, I wish he'd have called after her, "There it is.  Right on cue.  Things are getting tough between us, and you're running away, as always!"  Because that's what Belle does.  Things get rough between herself and Shawn, she doesn't stay to fight.  She runs away while Shawn does all the fighting.  Just like the old saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

Shawn didn’t fight much when he was babysitting Jan and buying her chili cheeseburgers. I was disgusted with him catering to her. He didn’t deserve to get cheated on, but I can’t really feel sorry for  him either.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2022 at 9:33 PM, Lucas Rowan said:

She asked for the separation because of the Jan situation, not her feelings for E.J.  Shawn was the one who called her out on that, but Belle denied it.

She separated and moved out because of Jan. She had legal separation papers drawn up and signed so she can "explore" her feelings for EJ. The scene after she kissed EJ, she immediately left the Dimera mansion, drew up the papers and had Shawn sign them. 

Kristen is in jail, that is why Brady felt comfortable leaving Rachel w/ Theresa. 

• Love 4

I must admit, I love seeing Sami on the warpath again. This is what AS does best. She seemed ecstatic and like she was taking great delight in telling Shawn about Belle/EJ. The smirk on her face when confronting Belle was delicious. That is the Sami I love.

In the grand scheme of things, Sami only telling Shawn and then leaving Salem is pretty light for Sami revenge. Carrie, John, Marlena, Lexie, Kate, Lucas, E.J., Austin, Abby, have gotten much, much worse retaliation from Sami. Belle is lucky that she's getting a much more subdued Sami.

Sami vs. Belle is something the show has been building for years. I think the start was the Marlena shooting by Xander. I do think there's potential there as Belle is a lot pettier than Carrie, and Belle doesn't seem to actually value a relationship with Sami the way Carrie did. I could also imagine Belle getting down and dirty with Sami if pushed far enough in a way Carrie never would. All that being said, it's hard to care when Sami is around for such short visits, the Sami/Marlena/Carrie dynamic was such a slow burn with such complicated writing at times, and this is gonna sound weird, but I actually do think Carrie not being Marlena's biological daughter made the dynamic between the three so much more rich and nuanced. I can't imagine the Sami/Marlena/Belle dynamic having that same level of messiness.

Why is Theresa taking care of Rachel? I couldn't get over that the entire episode.

I find it hilarious how much Kayla seemingly doesn't like Sami. There was Kayla siding with Abby during the Abby/EJ/Sami storyline, and Kayla looked ready to fight the moment she saw Sami in the room. I chuckled at Kayla being side by side with Belle when the two barely know each other. This is the only time I ever like Kayla. They need to give her more worthy adversaries. 

I wouldn't mind a storyline where Sami sets the Dimera Mansion on fire. I just really dislike that set.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Kristen is in jail, that is why Brady felt comfortable leaving Rachel w/ Theresa. 

Why would Theresa agree to take care of Kristen's daughter? It makes no sense.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I do think there's potential there as Belle is a lot pettier than Carrie, and Belle doesn't seem to actually value a relationship with Sami the way Carrie did.

Why would Belle value a relationship with Sami? She tried to sell Belle off to the black baby market and the show made it clear that Belle knows about that. Belle has always been closer to Brady.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Why would Belle value a relationship with Sami? She tried to sell Belle off to the black baby market and the show made it clear that Belle knows about that. Belle has always been closer to Brady.

The actresses are only a year apart. Sami was 15 when she treid to sell Belle on the black market but after sorasing the age difference decreased. Even if MM is playing younger than her actual age, Belle is the mother of a 20 plus year old Claire. That would mean that Sami was in kindergarten when that happened so it is ridiculous for the show to keep harping on it. Also Belle and Sami had a good relationship for most their shared screentime until they wrote off Shelle in 2007/08. The tension between the sisters only first started years after that when Sami gave Belle part of the Dimera funds that she acquired and Belle started to make snarky remarks about Sami.

• Love 4