Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

Too bad Tripp and Chanel are pretty much on the rebound, because Lucas and Raven really have chemistry.

I thought they were chemistry testing Tripp and Lani,

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RedElf said:

Well she's been through Horton men might as well go into the Johnson family tree(kidding).

I rather they go the Rafe/Lani route I think they had chem and I can FF both of them.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I agree. I loved Jennifer's reaction, and I think her and Gwen/EOB have amazing chemistry. That scene was the highlight for me.

THIS!  I rewatched the wedding episode and I loved Jenn's reactions and two moments really stood out:  when she stopped Jack from interrupting Abigail by saying "Look at Gwen's face, she knows what's coming and she knows she deserves it," and when Gwen asked Jack, Jenn and Abs if they were going off to gloat and Jenn simply responded, "No."  Well played by Melissa.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

THIS!  I rewatched the wedding episode and I loved Jenn's reactions and two moments really stood out:  when she stopped Jack from interrupting Abigail by saying "Look at Gwen's face, she knows what's coming and she knows she deserves it," and when Gwen asked Jack, Jenn and Abs if they were going off to gloat and Jenn simply responded, "No."  Well played by Melissa.

I LOVED that Jenn actually got to have a realistic reaction to the Gwen mess this time and wasn't just standing in the background or doing/saying something totally un-Jenn.  

I thought the background acting (if that's a thing) between MR and MA was just as engaging and important to those scenes as the direct confrontation between Gwen, Abigail, and Xander.  In addition to the moment described in the original post, every time the show returned to the confrontation, you could see Jennifer reaching out to stop Jack from interfering.  It was some great non-verbal stuff from those two and highlights the natural ease between those two actors.  Jack trusted his wife and her guidance.  Jennifer was totally secure in how to handle and support her husband and daughter against Gwen's manipulations and didn't blink an eye when Gwen directly got aggressive with her.  Not that she needed it, but it would have been nice if Jack put Gwen in his place regarding Jennifer.

Those moments said a lot about Jack as well. He didn't get angry that she obviously knew something would be going down beforehand, although she seemed absolutely shocked and appalled at all that ended up coming out, he understood that she wanted him to see everything for himself.  The Jack from when Gwen first showed up and Jenn was gone would have immediately been coddling and consoling poor, poor 'Gwen.  It was great to see Jack acknowledge that he had tried with Gwen and had blamed himself for how she turned out, but that he was done.  Hopefully, he means it this time.  Gwen doesn't care about him.  It was especially disgusting that she tried to blame him for her actions by telling him that "you were gone."  So what?  Is he supposed to hold her hand 24/7 and keep her from doing bad things?  Gwen is an adult.  She still blames everyone but herself for all the nasty things she does.

Finally, I was surprised to see how quick she turned hateful towards Jennifer.  Again, not a good look if you supposedly love Jack to be a hateful bitch to his true love Gwen.  After all they've been through, I don't think Jack would ever risk Jennifer for you Gwen.  And she knows it.  And it burns her up inside.  Never mind Jennifer has never done anything to her other than be MORE than gracious and tolerant of a person who has made multiple attempts on her child's life, is responsible for her mother being dead, trying to ruin her marriage, publicly humiliating her, and just basically being a heinous bitch.

Also, I keep seeing people say how Jack is so wrong to be done with Gwen because he is her father and fathers don't do that to their children.  Please.  Jack isn't any father to Gwen in any way that counts.  He is her father in the most technical, biological way only.  Any other meaning of father?  No.  Not to her.  It's not anyone's fault, it's just the way it is.  Trying to force it will not work.  

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Also, I keep seeing people say how Jack is so wrong to be done with Gwen because he is her father and fathers don't do that to their children.  Please.  Jack isn't any father to Gwen in any way that counts.  He is her father in the most technical, biological way only.  Any other meaning of father?  No.  Not to her. 

THIS!  And anyone who continues to push the idea that Jack should stand with Gwen solely due to biology (he's her father) is insulting adopted dads. So if Jack was "merely" Gwen's adoptive father, that makes it OK for him to ditch her, because he's not her "real" dad anyway!? 

Basically, Jack should be done with Gwen because of *Gwen's* heinous actions, committed with full knowledge of what she was doing - period.

• Love 11
On 4/21/2022 at 7:25 PM, DisneyBoy said:

*reluctantly hands Ben a necktie and looks the other way*

Lmao.. Gwen would pull out a syringe ..stab Ben, then he simpers back into the necktie business..and necktie meet Ciara 😉🥺😱

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

THIS!  And anyone who continues to push the idea that Jack should stand with Gwen solely due to biology (he's her father) is insulting adopted dads. So if Jack was "merely" Gwen's adoptive father, that makes it OK for him to ditch her, because he's not her "real" dad anyway!? 

Basically, Jack should be done with Gwen because of *Gwen's* heinous actions, committed with full knowledge of what she was doing - period.

Especially Jack, who spent years literally being haunted by his two dead dads, Serial Killer Harper and Daughter Rapist Duke -  he of all people should know when it is time to cut your ties

• Love 9
On 4/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, RedElf said:

Tripp's pouty face as Paulina put a stop to all the rebound festivities and said she was calling him a car had me howling. Forget Chanel, Tripp and Paulina are the relationship I enjoy watching. She's got this great tough loving Auntie vibe with him and Tripp is always so sweet and polite and engaged with Paulina (IMO) when they're on. I'm over the DiMera/Horton twins and their drama but Tripp and Chanel coming out of this as actual friends and Tripp being invited to the cookout on the regular having bonding moments with Paulina is something I wouldn't mind seeing. I'll miss Paulina and EJ having their banter but Ava vs Paulina would make up for it. Tamara Braun ain't afraid of a neck roll but not sure if she can keep up with Jackee, LOL.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Got Lani and Chanel mixed up, LOL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

"This one is my fav...baby's first Halloween." 😆

I'm really liking Allie-devil.

"Apparently he only knows one word."

I was kinda thinking the same thing during that scene. 

"I'm just grateful Dr. Evan's set me straight." -Ben

Except it wasn't Dr. Evans; it was the devil and Ben even knows that now. #DumbAsRocks

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

The "Apparently he only knows one word" was great. I'm done with this devil story line, but some of the one liners are fun.

Unless TR is just scaring Beth and not harming her, he's not a very smart tough guy. If she turns up dead in her hotel room, suspicion will fall on him. (Although the Salem PD will likely automatically think it's Ava, Gwen, or long shots Gabi or Sami.)

• LOL 8

Don't know what the tea leaf pattern was supposed to be in Ben's cup - looked like worms. AllieDevil did have some good lines - naming the baby Damien, first Halloween dressed as the Devil. Ah well, Johnny now has some company. Funny that the DiMera security cameras didn't see Allie lugging Ben to the crypt. Seriously, the guy would be deadweight if he's unconscious. Unless she put him in the stroller?

The bar kicked Tripp and Chanel out? Good for Paulina for not allowing any 'romance' to happen and sending drunk Tripp home in a cab.

TR's girlfriend is in trouble. Wonder if he killed her or just beat her.

Julie's gossip skills are good for investigating stuff. Lani was meh.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

Julie has better detective skills and Lani.  

I don't think Julie actually has detective skills.  She's just generally nasty and unpleasant to everyone, which Salem chooses to interpret as some sort of special insight she has.  She had me feeling sorry for TR, of all people.

Eli's not in a coma, he's taking a long rest from his wife and grandmother.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

I really like the character Beth. I'm not sure why, but I can't look away from her scenes. She always gives the perfect amount of any emotion/response/reaction.

Does Salem not have ride-sharing services?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Does Salem not have ride-sharing services?

They probably can't mention them - like when characters were younger they used to talk about PalPage rather than FaceBook.  Characters also use Ewe Search rather than Google.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Man alive, but I still love Gabi and Jake and want them to get back together--however, I want  them away from this stupid Dimera Enterprise CEO crapfest story line.

Is Ava for real?  Forget about an apology, she really thought Gwen was going to talk to her again?  I know Gwen's guilty, but on what planet would a newly arrested person want to speak to the person who ratted them out?

I can't deal with Belle's petulant expression whenever she talks about Shawn's lying to her.  Yes, Shawn should have been up front but he was understandably freaked out.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, boes said:

I don't think Julie actually has detective skills.  She's just generally nasty and unpleasant to everyone, which Salem chooses to interpret as some sort of special insight she has.  She had me feeling sorry for TR, of all people.

Eli's not in a coma, he's taking a long rest from his wife and grandmother.

Yep, pretty much. The whole way through that scene I kept thinking that Beth would have told the truth about TR if Julie's big mouth wouldn't have walked in and taken over. Like a polite person might have noticed Lani talking to someone and immediately excused themselves and backed out of the room to give them privacy before returning a little later, but Julie (and probably Nicole too...and maybe Abigail as well) would demand to know who they were, inserted themselves into the conversation, and generally just behaved like a nosy overbearing hag who owns the hospital even when they don't. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can't deal with Belle's petulant expression whenever she talks about Shawn's lying to her.  Yes, Shawn should have been up front but he was understandably freaked out.

Ms. Serial Cheater can miss me with her attitude. Her sanctimony about Shawn's lying would be hysterical if not so completely tone deaf.

• Love 19
51 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ms. Serial Cheater can miss me with her attitude. Her sanctimony about Shawn's lying would be hysterical if not so completely tone deaf.

Times like this I actually wish Mimi would make a drive by appearance to throw this in her face.. and I don't like Mimi much.

• Love 13

So Jan Spears needs house arrest in Shawn Douglas' and Belle's house so her baby lives? Time for a second opinion.

I did like Jake getting some memories of JDevil. Maybe folks can start to piece things together.

I hated Nicole's hair today. Her dress would also have been better if it didn't have the mock turtleneck. It fit her funny too. I'm shallow.

Eric, you can be happy for Nicole. You have the priesthood to hide behind for now. Eventually your feelings for her will come up and you will have to deal with them and deal with the prospect of a real relationship with someone. Nice of him to greet Rafe in a friendly manner. Probably prefers him over EJ.

I did like Jake and Gabi and even Gabi and EJ talking today.

Belle, maybe you need to take a few seats. Yeah, your husband was embarrassed that the Devil morphed Jan in to you. It's a sucky situation but you need to deal. Or leave your husband and let him have Jan.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Belle, maybe you need to take a few seats. Yeah, your husband was embarrassed that the Devil morphed Jan in to you. It's a sucky situation but you need to deal. Or leave your husband and let him have Jan.

Are we supposed to be sympathizing with Belle?  Because, boy was she a royal bitch today.  Shawn basically tells her he will jump through any hoops she wants.  She pretty much lets him know that she has no intention of telling him what she would like him to do.  She apparently just wants him to suffer until she decides he's had enough.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I hated Nicole's hair today. Her dress would also have been better if it didn't have the mock turtleneck. It fit her funny too. I'm shallow.

Guess I'm shallow too because her hair looked so flat today...as if it hadn't been washed for a couple of days. Plus wardrobe dresses her in the most unflattering clothes.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Are we supposed to be sympathizing with Belle?  Because, boy was she a royal bitch today.  Shawn basically tells her he will jump through any hoops she wants.  She pretty much lets him know that she has no intention of telling him what she would like him to do.  She apparently just wants him to suffer until she decides he's had enough.

Probably trying to justify another cheat fest. (Not a spoiler, just based on predictive analysis due to Belle's prior history!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Guess I'm shallow too because her hair looked so flat today...as if it hadn't been washed for a couple of days. Plus wardrobe dresses her in the most unflattering clothes.

I think I read somewhere that a lot of the actors/actresses wear their own clothes.  I could be wrong or that could have just been a rumor, but if they have a wardrobe department, they all need to be fired.  (For Gabi and Ciara alone.  Their clothes are horrid.)

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think I read somewhere that a lot of the actors/actresses wear their own clothes.  I could be wrong or that could have just been a rumor, but if they have a wardrobe department, they all need to be fired.  (For Gabi and Ciara alone.  Their clothes are horrid.)

You are indeed correct because the show does not have the money to buy clothes for the characters like they used to in the past..

10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Not to be crude, but Belle fucked Philip on the bed that she shared with her husband Shawn so she needs to shut the hell up. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Probably trying to justify another cheat fest. (Not a spoiler, just based on predictive analysis due to Belle's prior history!)

I know Phillip has been mentioned but didn't Belle cheat on Shawn when they were married and living in Maine because he was working too much and not paying enough attention to her?  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Count me in on the 'hate Nicole's hair' club.  I couldn't agree more that it looks dirty and flat and the color is LONG overdue for a touch-up. Can Bonnie take her somewhere for a new do, please!  The dark roots drive me nuts. I find myself looking at them rather than the scene. If she wants to be a blonde then keep up with it; otherwise, I'd rather she just went with her natural hair color. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know Phillip has been mentioned but didn't Belle cheat on Shawn when they were married and living in Maine because he was working too much and not paying enough attention to her?  

Yes, Belle has cheated multiple times and I'm sure didn't come clean with Shawn.  Yet, she has no sympathy for someone who doesn't really want to talk details about being sexually assaulted (which Belle admits, Shawn was.)

I've never heard of someone being able to get a court order to force someone else to take Plan B.  I'm thinking this is the show taking things WAY out of the realm of reality.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I've never heard of someone being able to get a court order to force someone else to take Plan B.  I'm thinking this is the show taking things WAY out of the realm of reality.

Yes!  When Belle said that, and Shawn responded by saying "Sorry, I'm not a lawyer", I wish instead he said "You're not much of one, either, Belle".  

I generally enjoy MM as Belle but this storyline and Belle's attitude is ridiculous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Days writing meeting:

Staff intern with forum printouts: "Sir, the viewers think Tony is a moron for going along with Saranee instead of getting her psychological help and a douchebag for expecting Ana to go along with it too."

Ron: 

giphy.gif

"Now hold my beer. Next, I'm going to have the Statesville Warden grant Shawn, a measly Salem PD cop, permission to take convicted criminal Jan home with him due to her high-risk pregnancy condition and because the prison is too crowded. He won't give Belle a heads-up first either."

Intern: "But wouldn't an attorney have to file legal paperwork? Why wouldn't they just move her to a different prison for women? And what's her condition?"

Ron: "Fuck if I know anything about the law or pregnancy. We'll just say it's some big word Jan can't pronounce."

🙄

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

This devil storyline has been going on for a tiring long time, but I will say Alliedevil is doing the best job of making things seem sinister.  Particularly her scenes with Ciara today.  And yesterday with Ben.

Loving having Eric back.  💓

Jan going home with Shawn is pretty stupid.  But this is a show where she got pregnant by the devil shape-shifting her into another woman's body, or however that was explained.  So pretty much anything that happens now with this storyline will just be a continuation of that.

• Love 12

Finally catching up and, man, was Thursday just glorious. I loved every single moment of Abby's takedown. She had every right to do it publicly and to make sure every person knew exactly what Gwenny had done. Justin and Chad's facial reactions were cracking me up, just so much fun! I have watched it several times and will continue to do so.

This is where they need to put in a retcon that Gwen isn't really Jack's daughter. A flashback to the hospital where she sneaks in and changes the test results to say Jack is her father. Why? She was devastated that her mother lied to her about who her father was and, desperately wanting a father and a way to explain everything she had done, she changed the results. If she can sneak into a secure lab and switch vials, a computer would be nothing. 

Why is the devil being so timid? You want the baby - stab Ben, put the knife in Ciara's hand and a tie around her neck. She wakes up unable to remember what happened but assumes Ben tried to kill her and she defended her and her baby. She goes insane realizing she trusted a murderer and Ally helps with the baby once Bo Damian is born while Ciara is in the institution. Who knew the devil was so afraid of being evil?

Edited by cmahorror
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, buffynut said:

This devil storyline has been going on for a tiring long time, but I will say Alliedevil is doing the best job of making things seem sinister.  Particularly her scenes with Ciara today.  And yesterday with Ben.

Loving having Eric back.  💓

Jan going home with Shawn is pretty stupid.  But this is a show where she got pregnant by the devil shape-shifting her into another woman's body, or however that was explained.  So pretty much anything that happens now with this storyline will just be a continuation of that.

She was so boring and not much of an actress as Allie. But as Alliedevil she is doing a great job.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Kayla doesn't have a job - let her babysit Jan. 

Maybe Kayla could apply for a job as a doctor at the prison.  Then I'll sit back and just wait for Orpheus to come in with a stomachache. 😃

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

This is where they need to put in a retcon that Gwen isn't really Jack's daughter. A flashback to the hospital where she sneaks in and changes the test results to say Jack is her father. Why? She was devastated that her mother lied to her about who her father was and, desperately wanting a father and a way to explain everything she had done, she changed the results. If she can sneak into a secure lab and switch vials, a computer would be nothing. 

YES! I want this.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Maybe Kayla could apply for a job as a doctor at the prison.  Then I'll sit back and just wait for Orpheus to come in with a stomachache. 😃

I would like this actually they might as well have her there the prison set is almost used as much as the hospital set.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Please, please, please, please if there be deities, make this happen!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Shawn Douglas, what were you thinking in terms of moving Jan Spears in to your home without talking to your wife about it? Not something you just drop on her. The prison is that crowded? Does Gwen demand a queen sized bed? Jan gets a type of house arrest - her crimes were pretty serious. Guess Kayla can take care of her. Belle isn't going to do so.

I enjoyed Belle and Eric talking.

AllieDevil is a lot smarter than her previous hosts. Forging a note from Ben, checking on Ciara, visiting the jail to chat with Evan Frears - laughed at the she doesn't like the name 'Christian'. Evan is so excited about revenge that he doesn't ask the strange girl her name?

Ben, stop yelling. Too bad that the DiMera crypt doesn't get a daily floral delivery. I am still surprised that the DiMera grounds are not covered with high-tech security cameras. Didn't Ben used to do security? He should know about them.

Tripp and Chanel were cute.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Shawn Douglas, what were you thinking in terms of moving Jan Spears in to your home without talking to your wife about it?

That’s Shawn D. Not only is he a clueless cop, he is just a clueless soul. 

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Guess Kayla can take care of her. Belle isn't going to do so.

I have a feeling Belle will be delivering. What else is she going to do? Besides give smug looks? 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The show is just awful under Ron that I am re-watching 1992, to get my Days fix.  What a beautiful year and Sherry Anderson is just so damn awesome as the headwriter. If only Ken Corday had made her the headwriter again when she came back to the show instead of Reron..

• Love 6
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

EVAN!!!!!!! 😍

Tripp/Chanel!!!! 🥰

And that's all I got for yesterday's ep lol.

I agree! 
all of a sudden Tripp doesn’t seem so boring 🤔

And Evan..very nice! Wish he would take Ben down, be forgiven and stay on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6