Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Since we all noticed Allie's boob job last week, it appears that every shirt/sweater the actress is wearing now shows cleavage. With those football shoulders and her small head, it just looks weird.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is that what's going on? I wondered if it was something else..

IMO, there's nothing else that would make them front & center x10...unless she was pregnant IRL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, buffynut said:

It was nice seeing Jennifer but, yes, those pants were awful.  Where did wardrobe get them?  Or was it MR's own clothes, being back as just a guest and not a full-time cast member?  Either way, there must have been something else she could wear.  The green sweater looked nice though.  And, also, love the shorter hair.

image.png.32af9be385c1e24053b6b7d7dca6f175.png

They look like she may have kept them from her 1970s school days. Gross. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

IMO no. Allie's boobs have been big since day 1. Occasionally they look even bigger, so it's likely the bra/shirt she's wearing at the time. 

Let's not forget she spent the first view months skulking in the hoodie of invisiblity then covered up due to her pregancy/having given birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

My thoughts are different then most here.  What else is new lol.  
    The devil just tried to kidnap Ciara then in walks Jen with her family including two small children.  So of course that had to put on a happy face and pretend it was Christmas as normal. 
Doug lit up when he saw those kids.   It was nice to see.  
It was nice to see Jen again.  She looked pretty and I never noticed her pants.  

• Love 4
On 12/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, Retired at last said:

I am just afraid that, as many times as Jan said that they had slept together, that if the devil doesn't get Ciara's and Ben's baby because of LOVE,then there will be another perfect example of a good/evil baby to claim.

Yeah, I posted something similar above. And the anvil that really dropped for me was at the police station Jan mentioned how they would be bonded forever by that experience (her raping Shawn). I think they are clearly laying the groundwork for a baby to result.

22 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

That Horton family tree trimming was hella awkward, but at least Abby, Chad, & Ben sort of addressed the awkwardness of the situation. Jennifer's big entrance was weird too because Ciara & Ben looked put out that she and her family were suddenly there. They're all Horton's but they just don't seem like family so seeing them try to mingle was odd. Lucas, Eli, & Lani should have been there so there could've been more conversation & laughter. The Horton tree trimming isn't what it used to be. But it was nice seeing MR's Jennifer and it was sweet how affectionate she was towards old Doug, and giving Laura's angel to Julie was touching. Those pants were definitely hideous. And Ciara needs to put her boobs away. FFS there are children and old people in the room, girl.

In previous posts, I stated fake family closeness between DiMeras annoys me. Extend this to Hortons.  Just because people are related by blood/marriage, it doesn't automatically mean there will be a bond between people. Don't force/shoehorn in the love when it makes no sense. 

17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Missy/Jennifer's short hair was the best part of the episode for me.

John's Precious Medallion extinguishing MarDevil's Giant Matchsticks and tossing her across the room?  Those Writers are really committed to making the Show look as stupid as possible.  

ITA to all this.  First, MR & MA will always be the "real" J&J to me. Always. Even though this show had crapped all over their relationship over the years, I still hold some residual love for this couple, who once held the title of my OTP (since displaced by Carly/Lawrence).

Enough said about the stupidity of the utter dreck & drivel that is the MarDevil storyline.

And because I don't want to end a Christmas post on a negative, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to my fellow DOOL forum posters.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

In previous posts, I stated fake family closeness between DiMeras annoys me. Extend this to Hortons.  Just because people are related by blood/marriage, it doesn't automatically mean there will be a bond between people. Don't force/shoehorn in the love when it makes no sense. 

While in general, I agree. I actually don't think it felt forced or shoehorned here. The show actually has invested in the Doug/Julie relationship with Ciara, both Abbys, and Jennifer. Jack and Doug/Julie have also been living together, and we have seen more Jack/Julie interactions in Jennifer's absence.

Ciara/Ben had an awkward moment with Abby/Chad. I don't remember Jennifer interacting at all with Ciara/Ben but mostly her family and Doug/Julie. 

It seemed realistic enough to me.

• Love 7

Happy holidays, everyone!!

On 12/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, brisbydog said:

#JayKennethJohnson exits #DaysofOurLives #Days

https://t.co/hCIIob49fV

Well, that totally blows.  I'd really been enjoying JKJ and was hoping for a redemption arc for Philip.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, buffynut said:

It was nice seeing Jennifer but, yes, those pants were awful.  Where did wardrobe get them?  Or was it MR's own clothes, being back as just a guest and not a full-time cast member? 

Her clothes are consistently horrible, but sadly she's worn worse than those pants! There was one pair of loud print, bell bottom pants she wore during the Dr. Tan days that I still remember because of their ugliness. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

IMO no. Allie's boobs have been big since day 1. Occasionally they look even bigger, so it's likely the bra/shirt she's wearing at the time. 

Sorry to disagree, especially since they never looked big to me...even after having Henry.  Makes me wonder why all of a sudden is she wearing low cut sweaters/blouses...unless they're "new" and she wants to show them off.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Sorry to disagree, especially since they never looked big to me...even after having Henry.  Makes me wonder why all of a sudden is she wearing low cut sweaters/blouses...unless they're "new" and she wants to show them off.

Well they certainly have always looked big to me. And as someone else pointed out, when she first started she was wearing oversized clothes for quite awhile, which is gonna hide a large chest much more than tight/low cut/crop/etc. tops will. And as for why she'd change her style, character-wise it makes sense to me. In any case, I just don't think she had a boob job but also if she did I don't give a fuck lol.

ETA: Here's a pic (possibly nsfw lol) of her from before she started on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

It feels kinda stalker-ish to talk about, but I also think that it's just that Lindsay is wearing more low cut tops lately.  I can't see the pic in PEACHMANGOSTEEN's post, as you have to have an Instagram account, however, on the https://www.shopyourtv.com/tag/lindsay-arnold/ site, if you scroll down to last December, even though she's wearing sweaters, she looks, uhm, well endowed. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It feels kinda stalker-ish to talk about …

Right! I took it a step farther and looked at her Instagram lol. I laughed at her bio saying ‘not the one from dancing with the stars.’

Also, I didn’t know you had to be logged in to Instagram to see linked posts. That seems dumb.

• Love 4
On 12/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, 4evaQuez said:

With Jennifer Rose Horton there, the Horton ornament hanging felt complete.

I also liked the pants. They felt very Jennifer.

Agree. Plus I’d rather see Jen’s pants than anything Ciara wears. Especially now being preggers.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Well, that totally blows.  I'd really been enjoying JKJ and was hoping for a redemption arc for Philip.

😤🤬😥🙁😪😟🤬😤

Welp..think I’m done with this show. They have Screwed overJKJ so many times I can’t count. And another recast for Philip just won’t work, never has, never will.

F off DOOL. 

• Love 7
On 12/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, RedElf said:

If Jan has a baby, will she name it Shawn or Shawna?

How about

Isabella Shawn 

Janshawnbella

Shawn DJ 

Speary Jan D

The fun is endless with the names!!

I will watch this for sure..hopefully it happens

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2021 at 3:41 AM, MsTree said:

OMG! Why must there be disappointment about NOT bringing up race? It's like the characters are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Ugh.

That's exactly what I thought!  I, for one, am HAPPY that they did NOT mention race!  Of course there a dozen other reasons to be mad about that marriage - race has NOTHING to do with it.

• Love 11

Doe Allie like her brother at all?

I only remember one scene with EJ/Allie and the characters were cold to each other.   If I remember correctly Henry was in his  baby carriage and EJ did not even ask to see him. 
so Allie line to Johnny of “ your dad kidnapped our mom”  seemed like she is found of EJ either.   
    Lucas is in over his head.  He will not win playing with the devil,  

Now anyone thing a character did/does do we have to assume the devil made them to it?
   Loved seeing Eric at the end of todays show.  Finally something pretty to look at.   

• Love 7

Lucas really is pathetic. He could use some jail time. He really said "why would the Salem PD arrest him if he didn't do it?" Really Lucas like how Brady murdered Phillip? I hope Sami has half a brain to figure him out. He's been shady from the second he "saved" her.

Ally can also take her attack on EJ for the kidnapping and I hope Johnny throws it in her face. She acts like she really hates her brother. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

They have Screwed overJKJ so many times I can’t count.

Yes they have. Him, Matt Ashford, and Bryan Datillo have been mistreated by this show for decades and as result their characters are always the losers. I'm actually surprised Jack has gotten some wins this time around, but Lucas & Philip have been reduced to the third wheel and outright villains in their stories this time around. 

18 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I’d rather see Jen’s pants than anything Ciara wears.

Jennifer's pants were just ugly, Ciara's choice in clothing (especially in front of her grandparents and little children) is both ugly and inappropriate. 

4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Doe Allie like her brother at all?

They way she talks to him and about him, I don't think she does. I guess that's okay because siblings don't always get along or like each other, but I wish they would give us a reason why Allie doesn't like Johnny. I'd like it if they explored their upbringing and how maybe Allie felt like the odd-man out growing up with EJ and everything DiMera and not Lucas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

The Devil is a lot less annoying than Allie is.  She's been a dour sourpuss since the first day she dragged her behind into Salem.  Show has obviously positioned the character as a lead in the younger generation but all I cheer her on to do is get lost.  If she's not whining about something, she's whining about somebody.

Today it's - again - her brother.

1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

They way she talks to him and about him, I don't think she does. I guess that's okay because siblings don't always get along or like each other, but I wish they would give us a reason why Allie doesn't like Johnny. I'd like it if they explored their upbringing and how maybe Allie felt like the odd-man out growing up with EJ and everything DiMera and not Lucas. 

Well said.  What's the deal?  Disliking a sibling is understandable - look at Sami and basically ALL of her siblings - but Allie's attitude to Johnnie drips with contempt.  

But then again, other than Nicole and sometimes Chanel, who does she like?  Even with Tripp, she's tepid at best.  

Let's see...... Lani can't even contemplate forgiving Paulina, yet her best friend is Kristen.  Who she excuses for all her sins because she's a "mother".  Isn't Paulina a "mother" too?  So shouldn't Lani forgive her as well?

I don't like Paulina very much but maybe she should count her blessings and be content with the daughter she's got who not only likes her, but also has an actual personality and not just an attitude.

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, boes said:

Let's see...... Lani can't even contemplate forgiving Paulina, yet her best friend is Kristen.  Who she excuses for all her sins because she's a "mother".  Isn't Paulina a "mother" too?  So shouldn't Lani forgive her as well?

👏👏👏 Well said.

They should have let MarDevil reveal for the first time that Lucas kidnapped Sami. Having Lucas offhandedly tell Philip wasn't as dramatic.

Poor Drake, trying to inject some pathos. You know your storyline is failing when they have to intercut your new scenes with old ones from 25 years ago. Do they really think we'll get more excited if we see random bits of the old story? Like somehow nostalgia will convince us that what we're seeing is somehow better than it really is...?

tumblr_nbid5cUlfj1rvcjd7o10_r1_500.gifv

Yay, Eric's back. Sorry bud, you're stuck with cleanup.

• Love 6

Sami: “I can’t think about him right now.”

Lucas: “Since when?”

Sami: "Since John has my mom in the bedroom tied to the bed…so they can act out some scenes from 50 Shades of Grey.”

Well for a minute there, that's where I thought it was going to go.  Ya never know with Ron. 😁

Meanwhile at the police station, EJ making a list of people who don't like him.

Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Wonder what the deal is between Allie and Johnny. Separate fathers and still being twins? I get not liking your sibling's partner but this just seems up a few notches. What has Johnny done in the past? It's his life, his mistake (if it is that). Chanel is an adult woman who makes impulsive choices. Should they get married? Somewhere down the line. Not just after a few weeks of meeting each other. Both of them know nothing about each other and it's just superficial attraction and that Johnny was available when Chanel needed someone.

Lani, you do have quite the attitude. Get over yourself.  You still had a mom who loved you and probably showed you the world, or at least where you could attend her tours. That is what matters - not who is your bio mom. The mom who changed your diapers, put a bandage on your boo-boos, picked you up when you fell, gave you standards and morals to live your life by, helped you with your homework, taught you to bake cookies, etc. You can choose to have a simple relationship with your bio-mom based on respect and courtesy. No one is asking the two of you to go shopping, do each other's nails, etc. You were rude to Paulina.

Paulina was not fishing for an invitation. She spoke to you in a calm, reasonable manner.

I liked Nicole's dress today. She and poor EJ running through the town to see who dislikes him. LOL. Lucas is the suspect who makes sense.

I expected a bit more action with MarDevil. Preying on little Lucas. At least Father Eric showed up.

• Love 10
On 12/26/2021 at 3:31 AM, MsTree said:

You just described Ari Zucker.  She's had the most obvious boob job.  She was onscreen for years looking very flat chested, then sometime a few years she got breast implants and started wearing revealing dresses to show them off.

Lindsay Arnold is all natural and beautiful.

• Love 1

AZ ?? Really? Huh. Is it possible she just put on some weight with age and gained bigger breasts as a result?

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, you do have quite the attitude. Get over yourself.  You still had a mom who loved you and probably showed you the world, or at least where you could attend her tours. That is what matters - not who is your bio mom. The mom who changed your diapers, put a bandage on your boo-boos, picked you up when you fell, gave you standards and morals to live your life by, helped you with your homework, taught you to bake cookies, etc. You can choose to have a simple relationship with your bio-mom based on respect and courtesy. No one is asking the two of you to go shopping, do each other's nails, etc. You were rude to Paulina.

I wonder if McCoo even knows about this twist...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearl said:

You just described Ari Zucker.  She's had the most obvious boob job.  She was onscreen for years looking very flat chested, then sometime a few years she got breast implants and started wearing revealing dresses to show them off.

Lindsay Arnold is all natural and beautiful.

Never said LA wasn't. The proportion just seems off to me.

AZ is taller and more proportionate, so I never really noticed.

• Love 2

So Jen’s visit for Christmas was a one off, right? It’s a shame because Marci Miller seemed thrilled to see her in their scenes. I know they were acting but she genuinely seemed so happy to see her. I saw a picture of Melissa & Scott Reeves with their grandkids & they looked like they were enjoying their life away from tv. I think the trick is to marry young, have your kids young & have your kids have their kids young. LOL!!!  I miss seeing Kristian Alfonso so seeing Jennifer is the next best thing. It reminds me of when I was younger. Although, I was watching the show well before either Alfonso or Reeves showed up. 

• Love 4

I was alerted to Jennifer’s pants before I saw the episode. They look like pants from the 60’s or early 70’s. To complete the look, she should have worn platform shoes. However I have say that whoever made them didn’t match the plaids, an extra but necessary step in garment construction especially with a large plaid.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well...from 20 years ago

Boob enhancement aside for a moment, the bigger burning question is why hasn't AZ gotten a better hair stylist in the last 20 years? Two decades later and she still has a bad color with major roots constantly showing! 

8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It does not get prettier than Young Jensen Ackles. Wow.

Yep, back when Eric was pretty and not a bland bore.  GV turned the role into a total snoozefest.  Although he and AZ look more in the same age range.  

Always thought the 4-year difference between AZ and JA showed.  Like JA Eric had an older woman infatuation. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yep, back when Eric was pretty and not a bland bore.  GV turned the role into a total snoozefest.  Although he and AZ look more in the same age range.  

Is pretty supposed to equal having a personality? Both GV and JA are pretty/handsome/beautiful men so there's no difference there. 

• Love 6

Pffft - four years is nothing. His twin sister is 16 years older than her husband!

Why did Eric say he was "falling" when Brady stepped into the room...was he seriously turned on by the thought of doing his Mom disguised as Kristen?

Better music would really enhance this storyline. The original had spooky uncomfortable tracks with weird sounds.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Is pretty supposed to equal having a personality? Both GV and JA are pretty/handsome/beautiful men so there's no difference there. 

No they are two separate things; I never said they were the same.  What I said was that I agreed with the poster who said JA was pretty.  I never said GV was bad looking, just that his portrayal was boring in IMO.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Oh good. Is our long national nightmare finally over? 

I don't know, I'm not convinced it's over.   I kept thinking "don't untie her, yet". 

Even if it did work, and I see the reasoning for doing it on Christmas day, but what pathetic Christmas shows we got this year.  The angel tree top burning, then everyone hanging ornaments like it never happened.  Kayla and Steven doing the kid's hospital reading to no actual kids (yes, I know Covid).  Nicole spending Christmas day at the police station with EJ.  Marlena's family gathering to do an exorcism. (great to see Eric though)  Paulina still Christmas shopping on Christmas morning,.  Allie and Johnny bickering instead of opening gifts with Henry.  And there's probably more.  At least Christmas fell on the weekend, so no shows actually aired on Christmas day.

• Love 8