Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Dammit Show, stop with the dreams.

Is that kitchen set the same one they used to use for Maggie's house before she married Victor?  The earliest episodes of Chandler as Will took place in that set.

Maggie's acting jealous.

Brandon and Nadia have so much chemistry.

Why didn't Parker get to go on the picnic?

Too bad Sarah didn't run across any photos of Serena amongst Eric's Africa photos.

Nice cliffhanger.

Yes same Kitchen.

This show isn't going to have Eric mention Serena since Nicole is the only love interest of Eric's that matters to this show.

Plus it would have to remind people that Ben murdered her too....

• Love 3

Way too many people know this marriage is a sham.   Haley’s dress was very pretty.  I think she use to have a flower in her hair when she was on AI.   

Has Jack always talked like a robot?

This mayor election is boring. 

I don’t like Cin and find Ciara very self centered. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am baffled how Brady can buy into the belief that Chloe's life is threatened by the cartel but he disbelieved Theresa when she was forced to stay with the same cartel for two years.  I guess that's Brady for you :)

Well Chloe hasn't lied to him and Theresa always has for one. 

The other is that Theresa let Brady think that she got back on drugs and didn't want to be a wife and mother.

I think Brady was insensitive over what Theresa went through when she returned but that flew out the window when she sued for sole custody because Brady chose Eve over her.

So its not as if Brady thought the worst of her out of a vacuum here.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Eve isn't in love with Jack IMO. He's the weapon she uses to hurt Jen because she still wrongly blames Jen for Brady dumping her when it was Eve's own actions that caused Brady to call off the relationship. Eve is unwilling to accept that her choices contributed to how things ended with Brady and instead deflects all her anger on to Jen. It's like Eve is 16 instead of 50 emotionally. 

No wonder there is barely any mention of Shane with this version of Eve. If I were Shane, I'd disavow any relationship with this heinous banshee. That, and the fact that while Kassie DePaiva looks great, she'd probably looks more like Shane's peer than his daughter. (The Theresa stuff? I put it down to bad writing and plot where Shane is concerned. Real Shane would NEVER allow his kid to be a hostage.)

Eve is a square peg in a round hole. Everyone - minus Jack and Jen, and it was brief back then, before she skipped town with Frankie - Eve really interacted with is long gone.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Way too many people know this marriage is a sham.   Haley’s dress was very pretty.  I think she use to have a flower in her hair when she was on AI.   

Has Jack always talked like a robot?

This mayor election is boring. 

I don’t like Cin and find Ciara very self centered. 

No Jack didn't he actually had a personality but on this show nobody is allowed to have one.

I agree with the rest of your post.

1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

No wonder there is barely any mention of Shane with this version of Eve. If I were Shane, I'd disavow any relationship with this heinous banshee. That, and the fact that while Kassie DePaiva looks great, she'd probably look more like Shane's peer than his daughter.

Eve is a square peg in a round hole. Everyone - minus Jack and Jen, and it was brief back then, before she skipped town with Frankie - Eve really interacted with is long gone.

Actually she has mentioned him I cringe when she refers to him as Daddy because she looks more like his peer than daughter it was weird seeing her interact with Kim a few years back.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

No Jack didn't he actually had a personality but on this show nobody is allowed to have one.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Actually she has mentioned him I cringe when she refers to him as Daddy because she looks more like his peer than daughter it was weird seeing her interact with Kim a few years back.

I forgot those mentions. Clearly, my ears/brain are trying to spare me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did Sarah put extensions in her hair? I think there was a mention of her hair growing overnight but maybe that was the day the show did not record.

Rex is a surgeon?

Victor and Kate were good today.

Of course Chloe would be rescued by Brady - he can put Holly's kite together. Surely they could have just bought one that was already assembled.

So did WIll have a seizure at the end?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Of course Chloe would be rescued by Brady - he can put Holly's kite together. Surely they could have just bought one that was already assembled.

Don't you know, women can NEVER assemble anything?  Except pie, women can assemble pie.

Semi-related.  How can TWO people who are both supposed to be running large companies simply take the entire day off to LITERALLY go fly a kite?  No CEO I've ever heard of spontaneously cancels all his meetings and appointments.  Yes, they do take time off, but they plan it ahead of time.  No wonder both Dimera and Titan are both always on the verge of tanking.  I realize no one in Salem not on the police force has an actual office but shouldn't they at least pretend they are going to one?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Don't you know, women can NEVER assemble anything?  Except pie, women can assemble pie.

Semi-related.  How can TWO people who are both supposed to be running large companies simply take the entire day off to LITERALLY go fly a kite?  No CEO I've ever heard of spontaneously cancels all his meetings and appointments.  Yes, they do take time off, but they plan it ahead of time.  No wonder both Dimera and Titan are both always on the verge of tanking.  I realize no one in Salem not on the police force has an actual office but shouldn't they at least pretend they are going to one?

I still don't know what Sonny does. lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, tribeca said:

He sells avon

Amway - he sells Amway.  He has personal experience with using one of their cleaning products on blood stains and can attest to the effectiveness of said product!

And couldn't someone even mention something in passing to Will, Jennifer, Adrienne, like "great story you did on the proposed rezoning near the docks" or anything that at least implies they do something productive.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No wonder there is barely any mention of Shane with this version of Eve. If I were Shane, I'd disavow any relationship with this heinous banshee. That, and the fact that while Kassie DePaiva looks great, she'd probably looks more like Shane's peer than his daughter

I know in the grand scheme of things age differences are often overlooked in soaps but the reason I knew I would never view Kassie playing Shane's daughter realistically is because she is SIX years younger than Charles Shaughnessy. SIX! So stupid. 

• Love 4

Can someone remind me -- were Cassie and Rex the clone babies who are also geniuses? Because if so, Rex is REMARKABLY stupid for someone who was genetically engineered to be so bright. I think Ex-Father Uncle Eric should get another couple of punches in for free, just on general principle. (I confess it's just possibly because I find Kyle Lowder irritating and charm-free, and I don't really get why Dr. Rex's hide is so tanned he could moonlight as a rodeo saddle. Maybe Maggie's just not keen on Sarah's marrying a prematurely orange person? Just guessing.)

Pop-Up Victor's back in Fun Grumpy mode; I like it.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7

With her ears sticking out of her hair, Gabi reminds me of a Lord of the Rings elf.

How does Holly know about "Mommy"?  She was a tiny baby when Nicole "died".

Those birds in the park were annoyingly loud.

Why is Marlena so adamant that Eric hook up with Sarah?

The WilSon flashbacks made me miss their old relationship.  I did laugh though at the ugly shirt from those episodes.

Why aren't Adrienne and Justin at the hospital?

Yay, Brady got caught.

It would have been nice if Gabi mentioned that Ben had murdered her sister.

Wow, a flashback to a scene that happened during today's episode?  That's just stupid.

• Love 7

Yes, Cassie and Rex are THOSE twins, but they were "book smart" geniuses, and were incredibly, INCREDIBLY, emotionally and socially stunted, with barely any interaction with other people at all in their lives.  Rex's stupid makes sense since his relationship with Mimi was his template for all future relationships.

• Love 6

Why is Gabi apologizing to Ciara?  Ben violently kidnapped her less than six months ago, and not while in the throes of mental illness, but because it was his job.  She is well within her rights to talk shit about Ben.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Why is Gabi apologizing to Ciara?  Ben violently kidnapped her less than six months ago, and not while in the throes of mental illness, but because it was his job.  She is well within her rights to talk shit about Ben.

He also killed her sister, a sister she will never get to know and love.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He also killed her sister, a sister she will never get to know and love.

Also "killed" Will, which Gabi got to discover.

Speaking of Will, can we get more of him on pain meds/anesthesia? I like that adorable little goofball. ☺️

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Also "killed" Will, which Gabi got to discover.

Speaking of Will, can we get more of him on pain meds/anesthesia? I like that adorable little goofball. ☺️

He dumped Will like he was garbage in the apartment he shared with his young daughter. Can you imagine if she had seen her dad like that. However, we are not suppose to think about that, the serial killer is reformed and he wuves Ciara.

Chandler has not aged at all. He looks the same today as he did in those flashbacks. I love Will and I want him to be happy. Chandler and Freddie look very comfortable with one another as scene partners this time around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It would have been nice if Gabi mentioned that Ben had murdered her sister.

Gabi doesn't care about Paige at least where an emotional connection is concerned she hates Ben for strangling Will that makes sense.

Honestly I think a Gabi/Ciara pairing would be an upgrade for both of them rather than their current love interests.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I like BB but Stefan is a dumpster fire character to me for that reason. 

I wish BB came on as Andrew Donovan or Alexander Kiriakis instead.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Stabi pairing for containment purposes but something about all this seems forced. Like look how hot etc they are and there's no real buildup.. or sexual tension moments leading up to this. 

• Love 5

Gabi barely knew Paige and had little family connection to her. More with WIll and Arianna. Although she too has spent time in jail so it's a little awkward. She has no tie to Ciara, and she shouldn't care who she dates. She it out to seduce Stefan.

Marlena should back off giving her middle aged children love life advice. Eric can have feelings for or love Sarah, but it can be unconditional - no need or expectation for a relationship. Sarah is free to marry whoever she likes. Would Eric declaring his love for her change anything? She may still marry Rex out of obligation, they will implode very quickly as both are too immature to marry. Eric also moved on from Nicole very quickly, with Sarah as the rebound replacement.

Good for Brady getting caught in a lie.

Guess Will's hair will be fine after his surgery and he won't have a scar or anything, nor any hair shaved off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Stefan is creepy.  Not cool walking into Chloe’s bedroom.  

Chloe honey, LOCK the door.  

Rex, you are an over tanned DudeBro.  I just can’t see you as a doctor.  Sarah seems like she could be a doctor and yet still be a social hot mess.  Rex is just dull witted.  

Brady, you should really shut up about blackmail.  And Victor is clearly listening to Kate.  This is not going going to work out well for you.  

When did Gabi get a house? 

And are Wilson living there?   I am so confused. 

Brady, you’ve crossed the line to pimp.  Run Gabi.  

OTOH, Gabi... the actress is a good actress to make it seems like she’s a bad actress.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like BB but Stefan is a dumpster fire character to me for that reason. 

I wish BB came on as Andrew Donovan or Alexander Kiriakis instead.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Stabi pairing for containment purposes but something about all this seems forced. Like look how hot etc they are and there's no real buildup.. or sexual tension moments leading up to this. 

I have been saying for years that Andrew and Alexander should be on the show.  BB and Jennifer Lilley could pass for siblings. We need more Bradys on this show.. Andrew could have been brought to humanize Theresa.. Alexander could have given more insight into Sonny's backstory in Texas, giving him more depth. Plus, they are the only biological brothers in Justin and Adrienne's large brood. Eventually one of the twins could have showed up as well..  I vote for Victor Jr. who would embody the man that he was named after, despite not having his blood running through his veins.. Nature versus nurture could have been explored with him.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 5:11 PM, WendyCR72 said:

No wonder there is barely any mention of Shane with this version of Eve. If I were Shane, I'd disavow any relationship with this heinous banshee. That, and the fact that while Kassie DePaiva looks great, she'd probably looks more like Shane's peer than his daughter. (The Theresa stuff? I put it down to bad writing and plot where Shane is concerned. Real Shane would NEVER allow his kid to be a hostage.)

I know most people prefer Charlotte Ross but she isn't that much younger than Kassie is and she certainly doesn't look like Shane's daughter either. 

For me I just have to handwave ages when it comes to soaps. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I know most people prefer Charlotte Ross but she isn't that much younger than Kassie is and she certainly doesn't look like Shane's daughter either. 

For me I just have to handwave ages when it comes to soaps. 

CR is 51 and KDP is 58 however CR has a baby face so despite being only 13 years younger than CS and only 4 years younger than Karen Moncrief she was able to pull off being their daughter because she looked so young.

43 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have been saying for years that Andrew and Alexander should be on the show.  BB and Jennifer Lilley could pass for siblings. We need more Bradys on this show.. Andrew could have been brought to humanize Theresa.. Alexander could have given more insight into Sonny's backstory in Texas, giving him more depth. Plus, they are the only biological brothers in Justin and Adrienne's large brood. Eventually one of the twins could have showed up as well..  I vote for Victor Jr. who would embody the man that he was named after, despite not having his blood running through his veins.. Nature versus nurture could have been explored with him.

I don't care for the Theresa aspect but hell he has Eve he could've humanized her as well since Eve adored Andrew. Plus it would've been interesting to see his reaction to Brady, JJ etc. I can't imagine him being worse than either of his sisters. Also interacting with Victor could've been good for him too

Same with one of Justin/Adrienne's other kids (plus it would give them a focus that isn't just Sonny).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They were doing a decent job with building it up when TC was around, but then BB came on so that really messed with it. Plus, them having Brady be the one to get this whole thing going was stupid. They should have either just had Gabi and Stefan start hate fucking each other or had Gabi be the one to come up with this scheme on her own. Ugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hope people keep bringing up the horrible stuff Ben has done. All it does is show how stupid she looks for trying to shut them down and making Ben seem like he's some victim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Nobody should be taking advice from Brady ever. Especially pertaining to love lives or business. 

I would maybe listen to him for some ab workout tips, but then again Rex is just as shredded and he could make me laugh. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SueB said:

When did Gabi get a house? 

And are Wilson living there?   I am so confused. 

That looks like the same house set that was featured when the Hernandez parents were living in Salem and Dario was back.  I think it's also Maggie's old house, or at least constructed from bits of it.

Will and Sonny are living at Victor's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Our queen Gabi was excellent today--I liked her and Ciara working together to try and save them selves from the goon and she played her terror over Rafe's getting shot extremely well.

I think Gabi apologized to Ciara simply because she knows what it's like to be involved with someone that other people hate--Gabi used to defend Nick like there was no tomorrow.

I can't believe that Rafe was actually listening to romantic advice from Lani--a woman whose answer to relationship difficulties is to get drunk and have sex with the nearest man.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can't believe that Rafe was actually listening to romantic advice from Lani--a woman whose answer to relationship difficulties is to get drunk and have sex with the nearest man.

Rafe's other good friend is Eli, who is not only related to Hope but is also not adverse to dipping out on a partner and he doesn't need alcohol to do it, IIRC. 

Then again Rafe should be old enough  & experienced enough to not be so inept regarding marriage and women. As for babies, I also don't buy Rafe is some newbie considering how his introduction to Salem hammered the audience that he was big on [his] family and a father figure to his siblings. Plus considering how many kids he's absconded with or been proprietorial about that aren't his children, he should be an expert with how to care for one. 

5 hours ago, Sidney said:

Why is Gabi apologizing to Ciara?

Is it related to Abby since Ciara and Abby are supposedly close?

• Love 2

Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s limited potential for job growth in the drug cartel empire. Definitely no performance reviews or retirement pensions or stepping down gracefully by the C Level. Sooo wouldn’t El Fidel’s insubordinates think it was a GOOD thing he was snuffed? One of the bosses moved up and a captain took his spot. I mean they’re avenging him like he was their father. It just seems stupid when all true crime stuff or The Sopranos or Breaking Bad and shit indicate his grunts wouldn’t given a fuck and his death would have meat an opening. Hell he was probably an asshole to them. Bad writing. 

Ciara is working my nerves, she has this smug edge to her voice and it hasn’t just been this week with Gabi and the goons. It’s also with Claire and her mom. 

Ciara and Eli are morons if they think Hope is going to intimidate these thugs. Y’all are talking about Hope? She, of the infamous unsolved cabin fire mystery, and the same tough on crime legend who spends approximately 90% police time talking about her relationship or stalking her daughters bf, yet failing at both? Shaking in their boots. 

Chloe if it’s a choice between Stefan and Brady choose Rex. Since he hasn’t come to his senses yet, have fun w Stefan. 

They need to stop doing baby stories if they can’t afford baby actors even occasionally 😂 everyone’s the past year been fighting over or fussing on this blanket or that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I wish we could see some scenes of Rafe calling Sami and talking to her about his relationship with Hope.

I'm glad to see Gabi and Ciara trying to save themselves instead of just being victims.

Wow, Hope, way to be a bitch at Lani.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Some weird blocking today. 

Yea, really. It made no sense that Rafe was shot by how it was filmed. And then what the hell happened to Ciara/Ben/cartel guy. Gabi was screaming about Rafe and Stefan was calling the cops and the other 3 were no where to be found.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Is it related to Abby since Ciara and Abby are supposedly close?

No just that she said something bad about Ben if she did bring up her experience with Nick that would've at least made these scenes better instead its just Ciara not liking what she had to hear.

However she at least was willing to listen to Gabi and didn't resort to name calling like she did with her own cousin JJ and Lani.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s limited potential for job growth in the drug cartel empire. Definitely no performance reviews or retirement pensions or stepping down gracefully by the C Level. Sooo wouldn’t El Fidel’s insubordinates think it was a GOOD thing he was snuffed? One of the bosses moved up and a captain took his spot. I mean they’re avenging him like he was their father. It just seems stupid when all true crime stuff or The Sopranos or Breaking Bad and shit indicate his grunts wouldn’t given a fuck and his death would have meat an opening. Hell he was probably an asshole to them. Bad writing. 

Ciara is working my nerves, she has this smug edge to her voice and it hasn’t just been this week with Gabi and the goons. It’s also with Claire and her mom. 

Ciara and Eli are morons if they think Hope is going to intimidate these thugs. Y’all are talking about Hope? She, of the infamous unsolved cabin fire mystery, and the same tough on crime legend who spends approximately 90% police time talking about her relationship or stalking her daughters bf, yet failing at both? Shaking in their boots. 

Chloe if it’s a choice between Stefan and Brady choose Rex. Since he hasn’t come to his senses yet, have fun w Stefan. 

They need to stop doing baby stories if they can’t afford baby actors even occasionally 😂 everyone’s the past year been fighting over or fussing on this blanket or that. 

Hahaha!!!

Petunia13, you are on fire! ####DEAD####

• Love 3
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Well, to be fair, that's probably the only stupid choice Shut Up, Rafe! hasn't tried yet.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Is the show really pretending that Rafe who helped raise Grace/Sydney/Allie and Johnny as babies/toddlers doesn't know what to do with a baby and needs Lani's help? 

The only thing competent Rafe has done on the show in the last ten years is be a great step-father.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Is the show really pretending that Rafe who helped raise Grace/Sydney/Allie and Johnny as babies/toddlers doesn't know what to do with a baby and needs Lani's help? 

Well for one thing, he and Sami were not living together when she was raising Grace before the baby died a few months later. Rafe met Johnny and Allie when they were about 3 or 4. By the time Sami got Sidney back (after various kidnappings), she was living with EJ and the kids at the Dimera mansion. When Sami finally moved into Rafe's loft and subsequently married him, Sidney was already a toddler.

So he probably has limited experience with young babies.

As for helping raising his younger siblings, weren't half of them in Mexico (like Dario) and didn't Rafe say he partially raised by nuns. Then again, Rafe's backstory is missing huge holes but he is so dull that I think even the writers couldn't be bothered with filling them.

• Love 5

My DVR had another moment today and somehow I got two copies of the show. Weird.

Rex, you are clueless about your fiancé and your brother.

The body count at Doug's Place is growing. Maybe Julie will offer some stiff specials.

At least Gabi and Ciara made an effort to help themselves. I guess I missed the moment when Rafe came blazing in to save everyone and ended up getting shot. Hope could at least tell the cartel that she took out Stefano DiMera. Other than that, she's spent most of her time mooning about two men wanting her and wanting to run her adult daughter's life and running around saying the sky is on fire because her daughter is involved with a serial killer or a former one who has been pretty clean since he left the mental institution.

Rafe, why are you listening to Lani about your relationship troubles and babies? She's not exactly able to offer you any real advice and is kinda obsessed with Jordan's baby as her own baby was named David. She should be staying far away. Why would Hope want another baby at her age? The two of you are having relationship issues - she is attracted to Ted, even though she denies it. And who is Ted talking to on the phone - devious dude.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Wait......are you saying that's NOT the way to fix things?  I might have to examine my life choices......Hmmmmmm.......

So Lani says that she looks up to Hope as a mentor and a friend AND she looks up to Hope and Rafe and their terrific relationship......Has Lani been checked lately for head injuries?

It's increasingly hard to believe that anyone, even moobs like Ted and Rafe would be attracted to Hope.  She's become a real strega and I don't mean the liquor.  I wouldn't leave a baby around her, I'd be afraid she'd pull out her recipe book.

El Fideo really inspired some loyalty, didn't he?  I guess there was more to The Noodle than we knew.

I did enjoy the El Fideo mobster who told Ben he was worthless as a hostage since nobody would give a shit if he was killed.  But does the mobster have ANY idea what it's going to be like for him to have Ciara yapping at him every.single.second. before he can let her go?

Turn yourself in, dude, and BEG for solitary confinement.

Gosh, Rafe is shot and Brady is not.  Funny, I feel the opposite of the way about both that I think Show intended.....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The only thing competent Rafe has done on the show in the last ten years is be a great step-father.

I never thought that Rafe was a good step-father.  I always felt he was inappropriate with EJ's children.  As much as I disliked EJ, you don't try to get between a parent and their child, period. Rafe was constantly trying to steal his kids.   Rafe with Sami's approval was always trying to undermine EJ's place in his own children's lives.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3