Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And I find it funny Eric was all "you slept with Xander to get back at me" when he's the one who basically burst in on her, uninvited, to see who she spent the night with.  It's not like she could have predicted his discovering her.

He was so ridiculously out of line with Sarah. She had no idea Eric would come in to her room uninvited. He bursts in on her, accuses her of sleeping with Xander to get back at him, then questions her why she didn't think about his feelings about Xander while she diddled Xander. There was so much self-absorbed entitlement coming from him in his scenes yesterday that he temporarily morphed into Abby.  I used to like Eric but I grew meh on Eric/Nicole for a number of reasons. Eric's grief about Nicole hasn't been entertaining nor captivating to me to watch. If he's not sanctimonious then he's angry or talking about Nicole as if she was a saint. His dafuq? NYE speech about Nicole was the height of delusion. I know folks in town want to respect his grief but I need folks to start pushing back. Grief shouldn't be free pass to be a sanctimonious jackass.   

The best thing Sarah could do is leave both Brady brothers in her rear-view mirror. Eric will always have Nicole on a delusional pedestal so any other woman with him would get less of him because of that and Rex is an insecure punk who cheats when things get rough. I still want to know why Noelle would sleep with Rex. We already have his *reasons* for cheating. I don't get why Rex would not cheat with strangers if that is his coping mechanism for rough times. Cheating plus impregnating his ex as well as screwing Sarah's sister are just really despicable choices aimed on some level IMO to viciously hurt Sarah yet Rex thinks he can win Sarah back? 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 11

Jennifer should have mentioned to Eve that Will got his memory back.

Damn, Melinda has suddenly become  Us in talking trash about all of the people on this show.

Why does JJ have a card with his home address on it?

Edited by Silver Raven
It duplicated three times this time
  • Love 6
On 1/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, Petunia13 said:

Good then you don’t have to see her sex face closed eyes and gaping open mouth that made her look like the Ghostface killer from Scream

Look more like a large mouth bass to me.

• Love 2

JJ, Haley can only stay with you a week or two - as a guest. Otherwise, she could be asked to leave or you would need to see if you want her as a resident and on the lease.

I liked Melinda talking about the incompetency of the Salem PD and that Hope should be fired as Commissioner. Yay - she has possession of the Salem Brain. And can make it work.

Oh Ted, you are so working your way in to Hope's life.

Tripp's injury was a way for him to meet Haley. Guess JJ will have some competition.

At least Jack had a beer with JJ. Too bad all the crap that folks did just keep being evened out.

Eve, someone will find that diary and your goose will be cooked and carved.

Jenn, please stop with the white-ish lipstick that looks like you are wearing chalk.

• Love 4

I liked today's show!  

Jack and JJ together, especially, were great scenes.  Matt Ashford, man, he can be so good and it sure didn't hurt that it was just him and JJ.  They've got good Dad/son chem, I look forward to seeing more of them getting to know each other again.

Haley, also, IMO anyway, had more of a spring to her step than she's had previously.  I don't necessarily see any sparks with her and JJ but it's early days.  Nice to have a houseguest who can cook, be even nicer to have another room to stash said houseguest in, though.  

And THERE'S the Jennifer I know and used to loathe with a passion!  When she walked in to Eve's room, doing her Miss Priss kegel walk, her smugsley expression front and center, THAT'S the Jennifer I always want to see get a pie in the face.  It does look to me, though, that Missy and Kassie enjoy working together and that's half the battle with scenes like these.

I laughed out loud when Abe in his sonorous, pompous voice had to admit to Trask that it was his office that gave the incriminating evidence on Xander Cook TO Xander Cook.  It looked like ol' Abe was gonna bust a button or two, the way he swelled with indignation for Trask calling him incompetent.  Truth, it does hurt sometimes.

I think this is a minority opinion, but I wish Show had something for Tripp to actually DO, some storyline besides him being stalked by Psycho Kitty Claire.  I enjoy them both, but their storyline is barely even a snack, much less a meal.  I don't care for how he came to exist but I DO like the actor.

So Jack's gonna run for Mayor!  Jack Deveraux, a man with no memory is still a better choice to run Salem than the ones around him who supposedly DO have all their faculties.

• Love 13

Did Tripp say “bitch” under his breath to Kate? 

I can see why Melinda is frustrated because it is hard working with people who are constantly incompetent. That said the values she gives a damn about: efficiency, order, and urgency don’t matter to the average Salem citizen. Hence I think it’ll be hard to win. Jack is very likable and I think that’s half the battle in politics and business. 

I loved KVD/Eve’s zingers at Jen today. The actress has always had a strong ability for banter and sarcasm with women rivals and chemistry in that department. It got so her entire run as OLTL she was squaring off or snarking with Kelly, Tea, Dorian. I don’t understand her motivation but I do like the work. 

Hope is so boring to me.  

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Did Tripp say “bitch” under his breath to Kate? 

I can see why Melinda is frustrated because it is hard working with people who are constantly incompetent. That said the values she gives a damn about: efficiency, order, and urgency don’t matter to the average Salem citizen. Hence I think it’ll be hard to win. Jack is very likable and I think that’s half the battle in politics and business. 

I loved KVD/Eve’s zingers at Jen today. The actress has always had a strong ability for banter and sarcasm with women rivals and chemistry in that department. It got so her entire run as OLTL she was squaring off or snarking with Kelly, Tea, Dorian. I don’t understand her motivation but I do like the work. 

Hope is so boring to me.  

Oh, he did!  And while I love me some Kate, that's a pretty accurate description.  It was funny, in a Kate kinda way, that while Tripp was going off to get his burned hand taken care of, Kate, of course, only cared about getting her order.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, boes said:

I liked today's show!  

Jack and JJ together, especially, were great scenes.  Matt Ashford, man, he can be so good and it sure didn't hurt that it was just him and JJ.  They've got good Dad/son chem, I look forward to seeing more of them getting to know each other again.

Haley, also, IMO anyway, had more of a spring to her step than she's had previously.  I don't necessarily see any sparks with her and JJ but it's early days.  Nice to have a houseguest who can cook, be even nicer to have another room to stash said houseguest in, though.  

And THERE'S the Jennifer I know and used to loathe with a passion!  When she walked in to Eve's room, doing her Miss Priss kegel walk, her smugsley expression front and center, THAT'S the Jennifer I always want to see get a pie in the face.  It does look to me, though, that Missy and Kassie enjoy working together and that's half the battle with scenes like these.

I laughed out loud when Abe in his sonorous, pompous voice had to admit to Trask that it was his office that gave the incriminating evidence on Xander Cook TO Xander Cook.  It looked like ol' Abe was gonna bust a button or two, the way he swelled with indignation for Trask calling him incompetent.  Truth, it does hurt sometimes.

I think this is a minority opinion, but I wish Show had something for Tripp to actually DO, some storyline besides him being stalked by Psycho Kitty Claire.  I enjoy them both, but their storyline is barely even a snack, much less a meal.  I don't care for how he came to exist but I DO like the actor.

So Jack's gonna run for Mayor!  Jack Deveraux, a man with no memory is still a better choice to run Salem than the ones around him who supposedly DO have all their faculties.

I agree @boes, I enjoyed it too.  Especially compared to other soaps we watch!

I have a question re Jack and JJ.  Did these actors ever work together?  My memory is that this JJ came home after Jack died.  They have dad/son chem like they had been together before.  Loving MA being back.

Edited by bannana
post was duplicated, sigh!
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, boes said:

I think him being Ava's son and what he did to Kayla sealed his fate with a lot of viewers. He should have been either Joey Johnson or Joey Kiriakis, it would have given him more connections on the show other than Steve who is not on canvas.   I don't think Ron had any idea what to do with him without Steve. Trip has never had any substantial scenes with Adrienne, Abigail, Sonny, JJ.  The show sucks at casting and they had wonderful actors playing Trip, Serena and Deimos and they should have been Joey, Sarah and David Banning.  The actress playing Sarah should have been Stefanie Johnson.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
On 1/22/2019 at 4:55 PM, DaphneCat said:

Yes, Sara only slept with Xander to hurt ERIC!  How self-centered can you get?  She was trying to sleep with HIM to get back at Rex - don't you think that's still her motive?  But somehow Eric gets to be all hurt and morally superior.  And, of course, Sara should immediately reject Xander because of Nicole?  THAT should be her main concern?

Yeah Sarah jumped in the sack with Xander to get back to Rex but on same level, I think she wanted to do the same to Eric for his dishonesty and hypocrisy. Mr. Moral Crusader could slut shame Sarah all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact his anger was triggered by jealousy. She saw right through it and called him out.    

• Love 5
10 hours ago, bannana said:

I have a question re Jack and JJ.  Did these actors ever work together?  My memory is that this JJ came home after Jack died.  They have dad/son chem like they had been together before.  Loving MA being back.

I think JJ came to town after Jack died; he had issues and was kicked out of boarding school. So, their scenes are that much more interesting to me. I agree, their scene was so good, I had tears in  my eyes. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I think JJ came to town after Jack died; he had issues and was kicked out of boarding school. So, their scenes are that much more interesting to me. I agree, their scene was so good, I had tears in  my eyes. 

He’s had to put up with Jen and Abby for years he’s probably relieved to interact with a calm family member. 

• Love 13

Once again, I'm really liking how they're writing Gabi in the aftermath of her scheming, how she approaches different people.  Of course she's not gonna waste her breath on Eli, her cheating ex-boyfriend slash Julie supporter, especially given the ass-y way he backed into it ("Maybe your brother didn't tell you he was leaving town because you're a scheming bitch, ya burnt!").  I loooooved him reciting her schemes back to her and her being all, "Yeah, I know, I did them" without giving an F.  And, of course, her declaring war on Stefan O. was delightful.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, bannana said:

I have a question re Jack and JJ.  Did these actors ever work together?  My memory is that this JJ came home after Jack died.  They have dad/son chem like they had been together before.  

Casey and Matt had only worked together during for those scenes that they filmed during JJ's suicide attempt. It was newly created flashbacks in which Jack and Jen visited JJ at boarding school. Jack found JJ's pot and was actually really cool with his son. Those scenes show that the actors had great chemistry together. 

• Love 7

Wow, Rafe couldn't be bothered to let Gabi know he was going out of the country.

Eli needs to take several seats.

Why would Hope care if Ted is seeing Kate?

Why is Jennifer wearing sweater that's about four sizes too big?

Go Gabi!

They actually used MILF?  I about choked when that came out of Haley's mouth. I wonder how much of their audience knows that that means.

Jeez, Chad, don't you own a winter coat?

How does Haley know this song that nobody has ever heard before?

This is Thia Megia on American Idol:

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Once again, I'm really liking how they're writing Gabi in the aftermath of her scheming, how she approaches different people.  Of course she's not gonna waste her breath on Eli, her cheating ex-boyfriend slash Julie supporter, especially given the ass-y way he backed into it ("Maybe your brother didn't tell you he was leaving town because you're a scheming bitch, ya burnt!").  I loooooved him reciting her schemes back to her and her being all, "Yeah, I know, I did them" without giving an F.  And, of course, her declaring war on Stefan O. was delightful.

Right! I could cry about how happy I am with how they're dealing with Gabi. And CB continues to kill everything.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

How does Haley know this song that nobody has ever heard before?

I loled so hard at that. Maybe in the DOOL universe that's a popular song lol. I thought that scene was super cute, but also I was cringing the whole time.

Claire always looks crazed to me when she's around Tripp. I actually love it lol.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, he did!  And while I love me some Kate, that's a pretty accurate description.  It was funny, in a Kate kinda way, that while Tripp was going off to get his burned hand taken care of, Kate, of course, only cared about getting her order.

Now if that had been her darling Chad.

• Love 3

Wow.

Gabi was spectacular today, just spectacular!  I'm over the moon that Ron C. hasn't sent her on the Salem apology tour but is instead doubling down on her strengths.  No apologies, no surrender!  Let Abigail have the princess crown, Gabi is Maleficent and she's magnificent.

I like my heroines with a twist.

I'm equally loving JJ, and liking Haley more and more.  I'm not a fan of singing on soaps, to put it mildly, but him and Haley, that was nice.....  He really does have a pretty checkered "dating" past, our man JJ.

I can't wait for Chad and Abigail to rediscover their grand lurve so they can dissolve into a puddle of sticky goo - I'm a romantic that way.

One more thing - Gabi not giving a shit what Eli thinks was great on it's own, but she went stratospheric when she called Julie "that old bat".  

Uh oh, looks like Julie heard that!

giphy.gif

• Love 17

Good for Gabi for not having to apologize to folks. Eli deserved what he got. Hopefully Stefan will now get a bit of revenge. Too bad Rafe didn't tell her he was going out of town. Granted, he judges her too.

Jenn, please find clothes that fit. Your precious princess has treated you like crap for a while.

JJ, you have had quite the run of women in your life. Wonder if Haley is still interested. I FF'd through the song. I didn't know it and two people knowing a song and breaking out in to song reminded me of a musical.

Rafe must be getting boring for you, Hope. Wonder if Ted will be nominated as the new DA.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think Ron had any idea what to do with him without Steve. Trip has never had any substantial scenes with Adrienne, Abigail, Sonny, JJ

And it's a shame because I thought his scenes with Hayley were kind of good and I was wondering whether or not a triangle involving the two of them and Hayley (a semi-throwback to their fathers' rivalry minus the rape) could have potential. 

• Love 5

Hayley has a lovely voice! JJ's had some good moments, but I think he's used to singing full out, not around a coffee table. I thought I was the only one who didn't already know that song. But I also totally forgot that Paige was a musician. What did she play? 

With Tripp's new beard, and if he had long hair, he would look just like my husband in 1976 when we started dating, lol. 

Clare is destined for heartbreak with him, though -- he's not into her that way at all. I'd much rather see a Hayley/JJ/Tripp triangle than anything involving Clare. I'd love for her to find something else to do besides scheme, as I've grown fond of her. 

• Love 5

I found yesterday's episode boring, but glad I stuck it out to hear JJ and Haley's little duet.  Yes, it felt like it belonged in a musical, but it was also sweet.  I'm starting to like them together.  Thety remind me a bit of Paige and JJ who were a couple when I first started watching.  And I think JJ is  becoming one of my favourite characters/actors.  He was just perfect yesterday sharing his love life mistakes with Haley.   I also prefer Haley's singing voice a million percent over Claire's.

Speaking of Claire, I don't really care about her and. Tripp. Like she said this has been going for for 2 years!

So... did Ted go home and change before dinner with Hope, or was he still wearing his wet, martini stained suit?  Not sure what I think of him romantically pressuring Hope, while knowing she's still married, but they do have a teeny bit of chemistry. Certainly more than the non-existent chemistry in Rope.

• Love 8

Sarah should consider locking her bedroom door. Better yet, find a new home. Victor's mansion is looking more and more like a flophouse. 

Eric needs some help dealing with his emotions. For a grown man, he's awfully fussy. Rex, on the other hand, is really growing on me. I missed that era of Days, so he's also new without a lot of  baggage, but even I think he sounds a lot like Brady; if my eyes aren't on TV. I sometimes mistake him for Brady just based on his voice. 

I don't like Eve and Jack at all. It feels wrong, lol. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Sarah should consider locking her bedroom door. Better yet, find a new home. Victor's mansion is looking more and more like a flophouse. 

Eric needs some help dealing with his emotions. For a grown man, he's awfully fussy. Rex, on the other hand, is really growing on me. I missed that era of Days, so he's also new without a lot of  baggage, but even I think he sounds a lot like Brady; if my eyes aren't on TV. I sometimes mistake him for Brady just based on his voice. 

I don't like Eve and Jack at all. It feels wrong, lol. 

The actor who plays Rex used to play Brady.  

As an Eric fan, I have not been happy with the writing for him over the years. I don't think the different writing teams that have written for him, get him because he is not over the top like Sami.  So, he has always gotten the shaft, in my opinion. He is Marlena Evans son and he deserves better writing. He should have been driving stories like his parents did when they were his age. It is just frustrating how the legacy children are so poorly written and developed. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
On 1/23/2019 at 11:01 PM, boes said:

Now if that had been her darling Chad.

Never been a fan of Jack's but am liking this Jack.  But when he gets his memory back and get back with Jennifer he will turn into the moron every time he is paired with Jennifer.

Sarah said she's known Eric to be kind, compassionate and wise since they've met. Um, Eric's been angry, violent and obsessive since Nashville. She's witnessed him physically attacking his brother and threatening to murder Xander. Sometimes I question whether I'm watching the same show as the powers that be are writing, because I honestly have no idea why they believe certain things to be true when it is not shown to us the audience.

I really don't want to like this version of Broe. I keep reminding myself that Brady is addicted to the idea of being in love and is borderline emotionally abusive to everyone woman he is with. But I'll be lying if I said I didn't see the chemistry between Broe today. Considering the show has never explored their years in Vienna or even Chloe at one point being accused of killing Brady, I actually think these two have a lot of story that could be told. Hell, bring in a recast Philip and there's roughly a year or two of story right there.

I like Melinda Trask. I'm know I'm not supposed to, but I love her. Her barking at Haley to stay away from her was definitely the highlight of today's episode. The second was her attack on Jen and Abe. The third was calling JJ a nosy former cop. I know she'll never been taken seriously as a cast member but similar to Anne from a few years ago, I'm just happy to have a character who calls others on their crap.

I've already lost interest in Jenn/Eve/Jack. I tried but hearing Jenn give Jack a synopsis of one of their storylines and Jack being surprised quickly lost all entertainment value.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I really don't want to like this version of Broe. I keep reminding myself that Brady is addicted to the idea of being in love and is borderline emotionally abusive to everyone woman he is with. But I'll be lying if I said I didn't see the chemistry between Broe today. Considering the show has never explored their years in Vienna or even Chloe at one point being accused of killing Brady, I actually think these two have a lot of story that could be told. Hell, bring in a recast Philip and there's roughly a year or two of story right there.

I remember when Eric was cast as Brady and he had some scenes with Chloe and they had a nice spark. The actors were shocked that Broe was not explored. Instead, they put Chloe with Lucas and Dirty Dan and the rest is history. They even gave the middle finger to Philip/Chloe fans like me by taking away their child and giving him to Daniel.   I will never understand why the show consistently spits on the fans of popular couples.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sarah said she's known Eric to be kind, compassionate and wise since they've met. Um, Eric's been angry, violent and obsessive since Nashville. She's witnessed him physically attacking his brother and threatening to murder Xander. Sometimes I question whether I'm watching the same show as the powers that be are writing, because I honestly have no idea why they believe certain things to be true when it is not shown to us the audience.

I wanted Eric to be sent to his room until he learned how to behave today, or at least have somebody point out how supremely unattractive it is to watch a grown man behave like a selfish, spoiled brat.  Add on delusional and Eric's gone from a respectable lead to the back of the pack for me.  There's that pesky disconnect between what Show tells us Eric is like to how we see Eric behaving and the gulf is getting wider by the day.  I'm sick of him pouting, sick of him going off on Sarah and even sicker of him treating Rex like crap for no reason other than his judgy judgyness and guilt because he's getting a boner over his brother's ex.

Grow the fuck up, Eric.  And Nicole never loved you.  (I just want somebody to say that to him and make him cry).

4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember when Eric was cast as Brady and he had some scenes with Chloe and they had a nice spark. The actors were shocked that Broe was not explored. Instead, they put Chloe with Lucas and Dirty Dan and the rest is history. They even gave the middle finger to Philip/Chloe fans like me by taking away their child and giving him to Daniel.   I will never understand why the show consistently spits on the fans of popular couples.  

There's something different with Nadia Borjlin this time around, or something different with the writing, because Chloe seems so much more vibrant than her previous drop-in's, and Brady, AT THE MOMENT, is also easy to watch.  I don't expect it will last long before Brady's boneheadness comes out - he did yell at Maggie not that long ago - but right now, he and Chloe are great together.  And Chloe is pretty great on her own as well.

Any bets on how long before Show fucks this up?

BTW, while there are plenty of good reasons for Jack not to run for Mayor, Abe and Jenn were acting like it's all sorts of wrong for anybody to run against Abe.  I didn't realize it had become something Abe is owed.  And it can't be because of his charm or skill set.  I'm all for somebody, be it Jack or the horrible Trask, putting a pin in Abe's pomposity and entitlement.  It might even do him some good.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I'm usually not someone who thinks soulmate couples have to have a child together, but I was also pissed at that decision. Phloe were wonderful together, and jmho, I think Philip and Chloe had that natural, yearning supercouple chemistry that just needed good writing to truly become a memorable Days couple. Heck, I still remember their steamy scenes after the plane crash or the rivalry with Sami/EJ that the show seemed to be building only to drop. I think one of the things I liked about adult Phloe is that they both were such different people than they were as teens that it almost felt like a new pairing. They had this great mix of tenderness, lust and love that made it always believable when they would find each other in the other's orbit again.

Instead they were dumped for Philip/Morgan (yes, I know you completely forgot about that character) and Luloe round 1 and the only good thing that came from that pairing is that it set up the Nicole/Sami baby switch.

• Love 6

Finally caught up on recent events.  Quick thoughts:

Gabi: No one gives a shit about Gabi chic.  Lay low and maybe you’ll get out if this unscathed.  I got a chuckle when Chad couldn’t be bothered to talk to her. 

Chad: Dump Dimera!   I don’t know if you have enough money to be unemployed but if you want Abby, you made the right move.  Glad you’re not wearing Stefano’s ring anymore.  I think it’s a Horcrux that turns people evil.  

Abby:  moving on is a good plan. Please find a coat in your size. 

Jen: I like your reporter side. 

Jack: Eve IS playing you.  Why are you playing along. 

Eve: this is not going to end well

Kate: you will outsurvive everyone.  And be alone doing it. 

JJ & Haley: cute together.  I already dislike Haley’s backstory — can we have something more interesting?

Rex: What a DUDE-BRO!  How are you a Doctor?  You are not a very bright bulb. 

Sarah: Hmmmm, I can see you being a nit-picker.  Hope Xander was at least enjoyable.  But girlfriend, you need a serious chill pill. 

Eric: see if Kayla can remove that stick up your ass.  Seriously, what was up with the door slamming?  Yes, Sarah slept with Xander to piss you off.  It worked.  She is a hot mess.  Back away slowly.  

Brady: you got no business having a ‘win’.  But I’d rather you ran Titan than anyone else.  

Xander: slither away.  Take Leo with you.  

Chloe: stay away from Brady — there’s a reason you aren’t married anymore.  

In sum: pretty soapy week.  Door slamming and drama.  Everyone needs to chill a bit.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 6

I wasn't surprised to see Xander in Eve's hotel room.

I also agree with most of what everyone else has said.

Don't know if the Salem mayor position is only open for two terms for Mayor or if one can be Mayor in perpetuity. Never see Abe to go to rubber chicken lunches, talk about roads, transportation, civic duties, civic planning, working with the Governor on things like infrastructure. He just seems to mope around Horton Square or yell at his assistant.

So Haley is an illegal immigrant. Wouldn't she be under DACA? How did she get a job as a nurse? Nursing shortage so she could come from wherever on some work visa? Would she have fake educational documents? Yeah, JJ is a former nosy cop. Like his nosy mother.

I like Trask taking the Salem goody folks out to trash.

Brady, step back from being in love with being in love. Leave Chloe alone for a bit and spend time on your own.

Eric, stop acting like a middle aged man throwing a tantrum. Stop putting Sarah Horton on a pedestal in to the woman you want her to be. Let her make her own choices. And why do you want your brother's leftovers?

Edited by Frozendiva
weird double post
  • Love 11
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, buffynut said:

I found yesterday's episode boring, but glad I stuck it out to hear JJ and Haley's little duet.  Yes, it felt like it belonged in a musical, but it was also sweet.  I'm starting to like them together.  Thety remind me a bit of Paige and JJ who were a couple when I first started watching.  And I think JJ is  becoming one of my favourite characters/actors.  He was just perfect yesterday sharing his love life mistakes with Haley.   I also prefer Haley's singing voice a million percent over Claire's.

Speaking of Claire, I don't really care about her and. Tripp. Like she said this has been going for for 2 years!

So... did Ted go home and change before dinner with Hope, or was he still wearing his wet, martini stained suit?  Not sure what I think of him romantically pressuring Hope, while knowing she's still married, but they do have a teeny bit of chemistry. Certainly more than the non-existent chemistry in Rope.

I agree...I think JJ & Haley are a cute couple & their singing was delightful...much better than Claire....I'm enjoying the "Jaley" relationship at the moment.  Claire & Tripp don't really have chemistry.  Ted is a smarmy guy but he does have some spark with Hope...Hope & Rafe are so boring together.  Eric is just unlikeable....his scenes are just annoying  And I agree with folks that Rex seems to be so "dumb", how did he become a doctor?!

• Love 7

Rex's characterization was that he is a genius but incredibly socially awkward due to being held captive during his formative years. It would be nice for the show to tie his "arrested development" in to his issues with fidelity. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Rex's characterization was that he is a genius but incredibly socially awkward due to being held captive during his formative years. It would be nice for the show to tie his "arrested development" in to his issues with fidelity. 

That’s interesting.  I wasn’t watching the first time Rex was on. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, tribeca said:

That’s interesting.  I wasn’t watching the first time Rex was on. 

It was interesting.  Once you got over the gimmick of the "alien Gemini twins".  Rex and Cassie's early storylines were about how genius level they were but stuck in this "child like" state and how they started to adapt to "normal life".  I wish the show focused on that more than their parentage.

Even now, Rex sort of being out there sexually every time he has some relationship trouble can definitely be traced back to being denied a childhood, puberty, exploration.  It would be nice if the show delved into that a little.  What has Rex's life been like since he left Salem?  Was it hard adjusting?  Does he feel inadequate being a kidnap/captive victim?

I also need more Rex and Kate scenes.  Rex and Kate were extremely close and they had a very unique mother/son relationship.  One somewhat different than the ones she has with her other children. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

It was interesting.  Once you got over the gimmick of the "alien Gemini twins".  Rex and Cassie's early storylines were about how genius level they were but stuck in this "child like" state and how they started to adapt to "normal life".  I wish the show focused on that more than their parentage.

Even now, Rex sort of being out there sexually every time he has some relationship trouble can definitely be traced back to being denied a childhood, puberty, exploration.  It would be nice if the show delved into that a little.  What has Rex's life been like since he left Salem?  Was it hard adjusting?  Does he feel inadequate being a kidnap/captive victim?

I also need more Rex and Kate scenes.  Rex and Kate were extremely close and they had a very unique mother/son relationship.  One somewhat different than the ones she has with her other children. 

Ken Corday has said that he only cares about characters when they are on the show. Once they are off the show, they cease to exist, unless the plot dictates otherwise.  I doubt Rex will be explored in depth outside of his pairing with Sarah.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ken Corday has said that he only cares about characters when they are on the show. Once they are off the show, they cease to exist, unless the plot dictates otherwise.  I doubt Rex will be explored in depth outside of his pairing with Sarah.

He doesn't seem to care that much about the characters when they are on the show either.  It seems to be his mission in life to ruin every character and couple.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

He doesn't seem to care that much about the characters when they are on the show either.  It seems to be his mission in life to ruin every character and couple.

It is like KC takes pleasure in trashing the legacy of his parents who created the show.

• Love 8

I thought he said he didn’t like supercouples because it gave too much power to vocal fan bases and reduced shows to popularity contests. 

The problem is, of course, that is one of Days trademarks and one of it’s selling points 😂 

On topic, does anyone get the vibe they may put Trask with Abe? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I thought he said he didn’t like supercouples because it gave too much power to vocal fan bases and reduced shows to popularity contests. 

The problem is, of course, that is one of Days trademarks and one of it’s selling points 😂 

On topic, does anyone get the vibe they may put Trask with Abe? 

I don’t see anything likable about Trask. I know the actress is playing a character but I don’t like her or the character. Maybe, if I saw her in an interview I might get a better read on her but she seems cold. 

I wish Xander would get a haircut. The Eddie Munster hair parted in the middle is a horrible look for the actor. I’m sure they could afford a haircut since they aren’t spending of the money on his wardrobe. 

I like Jack and Jennifer together. It is amazing they still have that thing called “chemistry”. 

• Love 6

Jack has great chemistry with Eve and JJ too. 

This show really is at its best with an ethically ambiguous, humorous character with ties across canvas played by a capable actor. This is why Sami worked with so many and put a zip in the show. 

Sarah’s starting to get on my nerves and I was a fan of hers. Her hair bothers me too it reminds me of when my hair frizzes out and I wear a cap bartending, it’s not comfortable. I’m sorry but she’s almost as bad as Rex with the “you hurt or offended me so I’ll bang your sibling” stuff. I mean she wasn’t in a relationship with Rex at the time but she was mimicking his toxic behavior. He was an ass also for not being able to deal with disappointment and cheating. A nitpicking and controlling partner isn’t an excuse to sex all over town and the in-laws and lie. They both need to own their shit. He seems like he’s trying to now, after 2 affairs and a baby. She is still lashing out and being immature. 

• Love 9

Given Rex's frat boy act and callous regard for committed relationship and inferiority complex , he has no room to talk here.  Sure Sarah's handling of the matter is debatable, but no she is not the moral equivalence of her ex fiance.  

Xander might not be a nice guy but he hit the nail on the head. Eric and Rex are really the idiot brothers.

• Love 7

What a strange hour of television, with characters acting immaturely right, left and center.  Jack's petulantly telling Jenn that all she does is tell him what he can't do made me laugh out loud, he's 50+ years old right?  And then we have Eric nearly in tears as he tells his mommy that he can't get past what Sarah did to him-at least the show had Marlena rightly asking what did Sarah's sleeping with Xander have to do with Eric.  He sure was confused by that one .

At least we had Sonny refusing Leo's blackmail and Will's working on getting rid of Leo--a tiny bright spot of semi-intelligence :)

• Love 13

I only got to seem some of Friday's ep. I need to watch the ep online cause I missed Melinda's retort when Abe was calling her all kinds of names to Jen. I am not a Melinda fan but I enjoy her reading the hell of Abe and Hope. Abe has taken loyalty to blind loyalty when it comes to Hope doing a good job as commissioner and Hope is just terrible at her job. I also like that the show is using Melinda to call out the cronyism & nepotism with the SPD... though that said, I need less of that going on so Melinda wouldn't have to do it. Seems lazy for the writers to try to have it both ways with that. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
weird board error triplicated my comment
  • Love 5