Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I missed 99.9999% of Dannifer. In fact, the only scene I ever saw of them was when Daniel was about to operate on Jennifer (at the Horton cabin?) and he was worried because he had a shakiness in his hand.  The next time I saw them, I think they'd already broken up or were about to, and Daniel was sticking his nose into JJ's, and everyone else's business, so mid-2014 to 2015, and I quickly learned to hate him. I was never so happy to see a character get written out of the show, than I was when they killed Daniel.

So since I missed most of Dannifer, I didn't come to dislike Jennifer as many of you had.  So I still like her, and can't wait for her and Jack to be together again, and they're the couple I've been missing ever I started watching again. So, so happy he's back! 

I've been kinda, sorta shipping Elani, but I just didn't see any chemistry at all between them today. And that saddens me, because they are a good looking couple. 

And what was with that 1 second of dancing scene. Maybe it would have been fun to actually see them dancing.  And, though the show probably can't afford the royalties, with all the TLC in-jokes, they should have been dancing to a TLC song.

Anyway, Jack's back.  😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

This is the start of the redemption of Jennifer Rose Horton Devereaux.  I have not liked her since Daniel.  I loved Jack throwing Daniel and her shitty behavior in her face. Finally!

YES! YES! YES! (Think the scene from When Harry Met Sally!) That was NECESSARY and long overdue. Because Jenn did treat poor traumatized Jack like dog shit.

ETA: But as bad as Jenn has been, I just cannot ever root for this version of Eve. Kassie DePaiva seems like a completely sweet woman, but Eve she just is not. And the character as is does squat for me.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I missed 99.9999% of Dannifer.

Consider yourself very lucky lol 

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This is the start of the redemption of Jennifer Rose Horton Devereaux.

I cannot wait! Ron better not screw this up.

• Love 4

They had to use fake confetti?

It's funny that Dr. Shah asked Jennifer if she's ready to move on when it's not going to be with him.

I thought Eve and Chloe were friends.  What's up with her attacks on her?

Welcome to Reincarnation Town, Haley.

They really, really, really need a scene with Will and Jack sitting down and talking about amnesia.

Jack is throwing shade at Jennifer after having read his book.  Does he care about that part of the book where he talked about raping Kayla?

Jeez, Eli, are you really that stupid?

"It's going to be so much worse for Jennifer and JJ."  Yeah, obviously Abigail won't care.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

They really, really, really need a scene with Will and Jack sitting down and talking about amnesia.

Or they could found a Back From The Dead Club!  John can be the treasurer!

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Jack is throwing shade at Jennifer after having read his book.  Does he care about that part of the book where he talked about raping Kayla?

I was only half-watching today, but I thought the idea was that Eve only fed him select sections of the book, to specifically provoke an anti-Jenn reaction?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Or they could found a Back From The Dead Club!  John can be the treasurer!

I was only half-watching today, but I thought the idea was that Eve only fed him select sections of the book, to specifically provoke an anti-Jenn reaction?

You're right because when JJ told him he was Jack Junior the only thing he said is where is Abigail? So she is being selective about what he knows including his kids. Intentionally leaving JJ out.

I only saw parts of the show before I had to leave but Eve was insufferable. It's like bitch it ani't that deep get your life, get a hobby.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I cannot wait! Ron better not screw this up.

That's what worries me. I have seen Ron at work, here and elsewhere. And screwing up is something he has down to an art form.  Hope Jack can make those mistakes easier to overlook once they do come!

• Love 4

I never saw any of the Jack storyline before so listening to Jack's anger at Jennifer's past treatment was fascinating.  I presume that he wrote the book when they weren't married?  Because DAHMN.  Sounds like it was pretty hard on Jennifer.  The Jennifer I've seen seems more pipsqueak than diva.  Interesting.

I also love KDP but think revenge against Ben would have been more consistent with the pain she's experienced.  I didn't like her peeing all over her one friend in the room (Chloe).  Her attitude towards JJ was interesting too.  Was there sincerity in her stated regrets?  At the end of the day, she's going to lose to Jennifer.  And I'm already dreading how ugly it's going to get before she loses.  Why does she think this is going to work out?

Speaking of JJ, I thought Casey Moss did a great job today.  His face was flush with emotion - like it would be if you were handed the resurrection of your Dad at a public party.  Poor Haley ... RUN!  RUN!  These crazy Salemites with their revenge and resurrections! 

Eric ... damn but that man looks good in a tuxedo.  I'm glad he's having doubts about his ability to raise Holly and how to answer the questions she'll ask.  He always loses his head over anything regarding Nicole.  If he's going to raise a child, it has to be for the child's sake.  And I think he could be a GREAT Dad.  But he needs to sort out his priorities.  I did like that he spoke up to Eve.  I also liked Sarah much more these past few episodes.  I don't know if the actress has always played Sarah but I can literally see "Maggie" in her looks.  They cast well IMO.  

Elani - two beautiful people who have had some good backstories but it needs something more.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They had to use fake confetti?

It's funny that Dr. Shah asked Jennifer if she's ready to move on when it's not going to be with him.

I thought Eve and Chloe were friends.  What's up with her attacks on her?

Welcome to Reincarnation Town, Haley.

Jeez, Eli, are you really that stupid?

"It's going to be so much worse for Jennifer and JJ."  Yeah, obviously Abigail won't care.

Eve did not like it that Brady had moved on with Chloe.

• Love 5

The thing is, all of this garbage with Eve is stupid. She CHOSE to leave town. This all seems like a 50-something woman throwing a temper tantrum because life went on without her. Boo hoo, cry me a river and STFU, already.

• Love 12

I will say that at least Melissa Reeves looked all in on Jack being the love of her life. Which is how it should be! It certainly didn’t feel like that at all the last time he was in Salem, but then she was infected by Dr. Tan’s magical unicorn peen at the time. 

I hate Eve so much I have to laugh at myself, sometimes. 

• Love 11

Yeah, Eve’s anger is misguided. Shouldn’t she be more concerned that her daughters murderer is lose on the street? The Even & Jennifer feud is a little high school isn’t it? That said, KP & MR seem to enjoy battling it out and are friendly off set, too. Matthew Ashford looks great but I’m not sure about the unshaven look. Did he not know he was working that day? It wasn't the usual soap opera scruff. It was more like he didn’t want to shave. Anyhoo, I’m looking forward to see where Jack & Jennifer go from here. We have to remember they taped this 6 months (in July) ago. Who knows what’s going on now? LOL!!!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish that Jack did not have amnesia so soon after Will's own bout of it, but, I will take what I can get. Jennifer having to fight for Jack is going to be vintage Jack and Jennifer.  This is the start of the redemption of Jennifer Rose Horton Devereaux.  I have not liked her since Daniel.  I loved Jack throwing Daniel and her shitty behavior in her face. Finally! Jack has always been afraid of being too aggressive with Jennifer because of his past. He is always measured with her even in anger. I am going to love that amnesiac Jack will be able to express his rage and anger that we fans experienced at the height of Dannifer.

I think Jack completely forgetting everything and everyone, including himself, is probably the only way they could even come close to putting Jennifer in a position where she might have to chase after Jack and that's the reason I'm okay with an amnesia story for now.  Although I do hope it morphs from here.  A great soap story in the past would make Eve's rooting interest in being with Jack multi-fold, part getting back at Jennifer, maybe part starting to have real feelings and possibly another part a business or scheme reason why being Jack's confidante is essential.  In turn, once Jack gets his memory back, there'd be a reason why he'd feel compelled to keep playing along.

I hate Eve's inclusion in their story, she was never a threat to them like Peter Blake. I am one of the few Jack and Jennifer fan that loved Jennifer with Peter, not only because of  their hot chemistry, but, it was easier to accept them because of the recast Jack. I did like recast Jack, but, he was a generic bland hero and Jack is no such thing. 

The fact that Mark Valley (who was bland as Jack but who I loved in later roles--RIP Keen Eddie, RIP) was Jack at the time is the reason I don't consider Peter Blake a threat to them.  Removing MAsh from J&J is like playing a tennis pro who has both of his arms removed.  You might be hitting great shots but c'mon, that's not the reason you're winning. Besides, I don't think Eve is the threat here right now.  It's his amnesia.  Something might develop that could become a threat but this story isn't about the past.  It's about the lack of one.

6 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

The only thing that sucked this episode was, and it pains me to say it, the obligatory black couple.  Eli and Lani just don’t work.

I am back for Jack and man I feel like the show wants to doom these two.  They're pretty and I can already tell I like Eli but every time the show shifted from the events going on at the benefit to this couple, it just paled in comparison.  When Eli bumped into Jack and contemplated why he recognized him, I wanted him to go back inside to satisfy his curiosity. 

BTW, there's a great little blooper from that moment. 

5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I can see your point. However, It is too much to make every new character a long lost relative. It makes the show too incestuous and limits the dating pool. 

So much truth to this.  A character working or not has very little to do with biology.  Sometimes great stories can come about from long lost relatives but there's so much value in establishing new characters who aren't related to anyone...yet.  Steve got established and the next thing you know, he got a long lost sister and brother.  That story lasted for years and the Johnsons were able to infuse new blood into the Kiriakis, Brady and Horton families.

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

ETA: But as bad as Jenn has been, I just cannot ever root for this version of Eve. Kassie DePaiva seems like a completely sweet woman, but Eve she just is not. And the character as is does squat for me.

I loved KDP as Blair and I wasn't as attached to Eve (and Charlotte's Eve) as others are so I'm willing to go with the recast.  But I will admit, one of the things missing is Charlotte's knowledge of the character from back then.  I have a feeling her claim that Jack was loved by others (implying herself) would have been delivered with a bit more detachment.  Even didn't love Jack.  They could barely stand one another. 

2 hours ago, SueB said:

I never saw any of the Jack storyline before so listening to Jack's anger at Jennifer's past treatment was fascinating.  I presume that he wrote the book when they weren't married?  Because DAHMN.  Sounds like it was pretty hard on Jennifer.  The Jennifer I've seen seems more pipsqueak than diva.  Interesting.

I remember reading that Jennifer was working hard to get Jack's book published but I have no idea what it was about.  And I'd have to imagine, if Jack read the whole book, he'd have a better sense of his history.  So what did the show say the book was about?  Was it confined to his experiences in Afghanistan and PTSD?  Or did it cover Jack's whole life? Because if it was just a telling of his experience in Afghanistan, PTSD and how difficult it was to reconnect with his family who thought he had abandoned them, I could see someone who doesn't experience the emotional connection to that family thinking they were kind of awful.  That's how a lot of us experienced that story even though I don't think the show wanted us to see it that way.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved KDP as Blair and I wasn't as attached to Eve (and Charlotte's Eve) as others are so I'm willing to go with the recast.  But I will admit, one of the things missing is Charlotte's knowledge of the character from back then.  I have a feeling her claim that Jack was loved by others (implying herself) would have been delivered with a bit more detachment.  Even didn't love Jack.  They could barely stand one another. 

Ditto for me.  I get why KdP is a difficult recast for a lot of viewers but I'm okay with it because she's such a good actor.  But I get why some people have trouble.

I couldn't figure out both why Show had her sweep into the club like she was on a revenge tour, or why everyone there acted like the devil had landed in their midst.  For all intents and purposes, she left Salem pretty lowkey and the only people she was on terrible terms with were Brady and Jenn.  She wasn't the town pariah at that point and for most, her leaving was just a blip on her radar.  So her reading the crowd for filth seemed like overkill - though she can NEVER be too hard on Bonehead Black for my taste - and the crowd's reaction was just as over the top.  And Eve being rude to Chloe made no sense.

Sarah, pipe the fuck down.  I like her more than not, but her pitching a fit everytime she doesn't like something or someone is headache inducing.  Eve hit her so long ago that with the de-sorasing of Sarah, I think she was now hit by her car several years before she was even born......And Brady just can't NOT be a dickhead, can he?

But but butbutbut, nothing else mattered the minute Jack walked into the room!  Pure, unadulterated soapy goodness, every little scene and dialogue was delightful.  Jack's look of incomprehension, Jenn's immense shock, her dawning happiness, then her hurt and Jack's wariness, all were done so well. 

And the sideline reactions, Adrienne's shock and thrill that he was back, JJ's utter shock, the way he could barely hold himself together, the way Adrienne sought to comfort and hold him up, all without a word, just the actions of a pro who knows how to emote without words - which Casey Moss also did beautifully.  That was all brilliant.

This was the best episode I've seen in longer than I can remember.  And thank the Soap Gods that Julie wasn't there, or Abigail.  

I felt a little bad for Lani and Eli having to share the screen today with Jack's return.  No matter what other storyline, no matter how good, it would have been overshadowed.  For those two, already weak, especially as a couple, it was ff material.

Good show today!!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I remember reading that Jennifer was working hard to get Jack's book published but I have no idea what it was about.  And I'd have to imagine, if Jack read the whole book, he'd have a better sense of his history.  So what did the show say the book was about?  Was it confined to his experiences in Afghanistan and PTSD?  Or did it cover Jack's whole life? Because if it was just a telling of his experience in Afghanistan, PTSD and how difficult it was to reconnect with his family who thought he had abandoned them, I could see someone who doesn't experience the emotional connection to that family thinking they were kind of awful.  That's how a lot of us experienced that story even though I don't think the show wanted us to see it that way.

Part of the book was about his rape of Kayla.  It was that part of the book that turned JJ evil and into drugs.  He trashed the window of the book store on Horton Square.

• Love 4

Wouldn't it be funny if Jack sees Kayla and remembers her but no one else?  Part of me would kind of love the angst of that...   

I really hope the writers come through for MA and MR this time around because I have waited a VERY long time to see them together on my screen again!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, boes said:

And the sideline reactions, Adrienne's shock and thrill that he was back, JJ's utter shock, the way he could barely hold himself together, the way Adrienne sought to comfort and hold him up, all without a word, just the actions of a pro who knows how to emote without words - which Casey Moss also did beautifully.  That was all brilliant.

This was the best episode I've seen in longer than I can remember.  And thank the Soap Gods that Julie wasn't there, or Abigail.  

I felt a little bad for Lani and Eli having to share the screen today with Jack's return.  No matter what other storyline, no matter how good, it would have been overshadowed.  For those two, already weak, especially as a couple, it was ff material.

Good show today!!

I loved that Adrienne instantly turned to JJ when Jack revealed that he couldn't remember his life in Salem--she played her reaction like a concerned aunt and I loved it.  And I just realized that Eve is pretty much acting like Chad and Abby, as in, they aren't too blame for any of the badness in their lives.  For Chabby, it's all Gabi's fault and for Eve, it's all Jennifer Rose's.  When a character is this self-involved, I can't help but wish for a huge wake up call/massive come-uppnance. and I don't think any of that will happen, at least not to the Chabby.

Eli and Lani are already lame but showcasing their "epic" love during an actually epic storyline reveal was not good planning.

Happy New Year!!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Doing the hatchet job on Eve that they did on Gabi.   No one must interfere with beloved Jack and Jen nor Abigail and Chad.  They are untouchable.  Gabi is hated and Eve will be too.

Abigail and Chad don't belong in the same universe as Jack and Jen.  Their mistake was screwing with them to start with.  Especially for Tan Dan.

Abigail and Chad are booooorrrinnnnngggggg....Chad was so much better with Gabi.

• Love 6

Eve, I get it, you hate Jennifer and want to get back at her. So, surprise, your husband has come back from the dead.

I hope someone actually checks 'Jack' out. Too see if he really is Jack. Maybe he was one of the folks in the DiMera secret rooms with the initials. Maybe he has had plastic surgery to look like Jack.  Where did he come from.

I get him asking about precious Abigail because he was shown her photo and expected her there. Maybe she'd find her amnesiac dad a bonus compared to most of the other Salemites. Again, it's all Eve's fault, like it is all Gabi's fault that Abigail and Chad made some bad choices. Nope, they had the free will to do so on their own and could easily have gotten input from someone other than Gabi. Same with Eve.

Some people's spidey senses should be tingling.

But it was good soapy stuff to start off a new year.

Eli must have a good memory to remember Jack Devereaux from a photo. He sees thousands of criminal mugshots a year.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Jack completely forgetting everything and everyone, including himself, is probably the only way they could even come close to putting Jennifer in a position where she might have to chase after Jack and that's the reason I'm okay with an amnesia story for now.  Although I do hope it morphs from here.  A great soap story in the past would make Eve's rooting interest in being with Jack multi-fold, part getting back at Jennifer, maybe part starting to have real feelings and possibly another part a business or scheme reason why being Jack's confidante is essential.  In turn, once Jack gets his memory back, there'd be a reason why he'd feel compelled to keep playing along.

The fact that Mark Valley (who was bland as Jack but who I loved in later roles--RIP Keen Eddie, RIP) was Jack at the time is the reason I don't consider Peter Blake a threat to them.  Removing MAsh from J&J is like playing a tennis pro who has both of his arms removed.  You might be hitting great shots but c'mon, that's not the reason you're winning. Besides, I don't think Eve is the threat here right now.  It's his amnesia.  Something might develop that could become a threat but this story isn't about the past.  It's about the lack of one.

I am back for Jack and man I feel like the show wants to doom these two.  They're pretty and I can already tell I like Eli but every time the show shifted from the events going on at the benefit to this couple, it just paled in comparison.  When Eli bumped into Jack and contemplated why he recognized him, I wanted him to go back inside to satisfy his curiosity. 

BTW, there's a great little blooper from that moment. 

So much truth to this.  A character working or not has very little to do with biology.  Sometimes great stories can come about from long lost relatives but there's so much value in establishing new characters who aren't related to anyone...yet.  Steve got established and the next thing you know, he got a long lost sister and brother.  That story lasted for years and the Johnsons were able to infuse new blood into the Kiriakis, Brady and Horton families.

That blooper is crazy and it happened off camera. Sal Sowers was so concerned and thoughtful. She seems like such a nice person. That said, Lamon’s reaction is pretty funny, too. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Doing the hatchet job on Eve that they did on Gabi.   No one must interfere with beloved Jack and Jen nor Abigail and Chad.  They are untouchable.  Gabi is hated and Eve will be too.

Eve was a straight up, unforgivable asshole in the “Theresa finally escapes from Mateo only to find her sister and her love together” return story. So, the “Eve is an evil,  interfering POS” ship has already sailed for me. The fucks I have to give for her character’s treatment are all on back order. 

Also, for me, Chad and Abby got nuttin’ on Jack and Jennifer’s love story. So, Eve can catch every bit of shade coming her way. 

That being said, I like KDP as an actress. So, I’m sure she’ll make me love to hate her ass even more.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And Sonny and Jennifer should have a talk.  "Girl, I've been there..."

I hate amnesia stories.  We've just been through this nonsense with Will.  Then, you have Eve all mixed up in it and I'm not that thrilled about Jack's return.  Ron straight up recycled a story that just ended.  Madness.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Nique said:

You're right because when JJ told him he was Jack Junior the only thing he said is where is Abigail? So she is being selective about what he knows including his kids. Intentionally leaving JJ out.

Poor JJ always the forgotten one.  

• Love 7

That blooper was so Jack, lol. I'm one of those who was very attached to Charlotte Ross's Eve, but I can appreciate KDP's talent for sure. I think of her as a different character, maybe. But all of that drama with the cape and the entrance and the speeches seemed out of balance for sure. She left town because she screwed up her thing with Brady by scheming with Victor, not because she was wronged in any way. And she was hateful to her sister. 

I also thought Casey Moss did a great job without a lot of dialogue. I kept scouring his appearance for signs of the "aging" that folks had mentioned, but I'm missing whatever that is, lol. I know he's been a wild card in real life -- wonder if he's still with the actress who played Paige? I loved her. And yes, dammit, Eve, BEN is who you should be exacting revenge upon. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I hope someone actually checks 'Jack' out. Too see if he really is Jack. Maybe he was one of the folks in the DiMera secret rooms with the initials. Maybe he has had plastic surgery to look like Jack.  Where did he come from.

I get him asking about precious Abigail because he was shown her photo and expected her there. Maybe she'd find her amnesiac dad a bonus compared to most of the other Salemites. Again, it's all Eve's fault, like it is all Gabi's fault that Abigail and Chad made some bad choices. Nope, they had the free will to do so on their own and could easily have gotten input from someone other than Gabi. Same with Eve.

Some people's spidey senses should be tingling.

I agree.  I am thinking of a recent interview during Day of Days that I heard from Missy Reeves.  The interviewer asked her if it was really Jack and all she would say is "it looks like him."  Could mean anything but, yeah, I'd be suspicious unless he starts remembering details like Atlantic City, the island, the firetruck, pushing Harper out of the bell tower, etc.  Props to Jennifer for trying to trigger his memory with the jade plant...

Edited by domina89
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I hate amnesia stories.  We've just been through this nonsense with Will.  Then, you have Eve all mixed up in it and I'm not that thrilled about Jack's return.  Ron straight up recycled a story that just ended.  Madness.

On one hand, yes, we just did this with Will, which makes the beats of this well-worn soap trope feel even more been there, done that.  But, if they wanted to bring back Jack, I think this was the only way to do it, him having purposely stayed away wouldn't have flown. 

Has Jack ever had amnesia the ten thousand other times he came back from the dead?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Has Jack ever had amnesia the ten thousand other times he came back from the dead?

No. But Steve did have amnesia when they both came back from the dead and he found Jack the in 2006

• Love 3
15 hours ago, SueB said:

Speaking of JJ, I thought Casey Moss did a great job today.  His face was flush with emotion - like it would be if you were handed the resurrection of your Dad at a public party.  

This. He is so good. I hope he has some part in this story.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I kept thinking this, too. I really hope they do a DNA test soon or something or else I'm always gonna think RC will eventually make him not really Jack. Hell, even if they do a DNA test I'll probably still worry about that lol.

1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

I know [Casey Moss] been a wild card in real life ...

Oh really? Details, please!

Eve's entire thing made zero sense, but I don't give a fuck because it's fun and I love Kassie.

Ugh, MA! Jack! Memories! Honestly though, I haven't seen any of Jack's more recent history. I only just came back to Days a couple years ago after a very long absence. But man, I love me some Jack. It is annoying that they just did an amnesia story line, but I think MA will make this one feel fresh. I'm excited!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

On one hand, yes, we just did this with Will, which makes the beats of this well-worn soap trope feel even more been there, done that.  But, if they wanted to bring back Jack, I think this was the only way to do it, him having purposely stayed away wouldn't have flown. 

True,  but, Marlena came back from the dead and did not have amnesia. She had gaps in her memory about her missing years.  Roman as well. Jack could have been held captive by Peter Blake or an unknown enemy of Jack and Jennifer.  They were investigative reporters and they could have  written a story that ruffled some feathers of very important people. A little imagination on Ron's part could go a long way..

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

That blooper was so Jack, lol. I'm one of those who was very attached to Charlotte Ross's Eve, but I can appreciate KDP's talent for sure. I think of her as a different character, maybe. But all of that drama with the cape and the entrance and the speeches seemed out of balance for sure. She left town because she screwed up her thing with Brady by scheming with Victor, not because she was wronged in any way. And she was hateful to her sister. 

I too was attached to Charlotte Ross. However, Charlotte was on another show and could not commit to Days.  She was open to a return, but, could not make it work.  It is unfortunate what she has done to her face, such is life in Hollywood, sigh!  Eve was such a mess and I loved her relationship with her stepmother Kim.  Kim just loved her no matter what she did, understood her and never judged her too harshly.   Kassie being in the role means we will not see Eve interact with her dad Shane.  Shane and Eve look the same age now. It was a stretch even when Charlotte was in the role.  I like Kassie and she is capable of so much more than the writers have given. They have made Eve so damn unlikable and one-note. She has fixated on Jennifer since day one and it is inconsistent with their past. They never had a legendary rivalry, in fact, I found it very mild with both ladies having a legitimate point of view to not care for one another.  

I wished when Jack was reaming Jennifer out, we had members of  the Hortons there to hear about it. I remember Bo and Hope lamenting how Jack's return from the dead would affect Daniel. Never mind that Jack was being held hostage in Afghanistan, tortured, kept from his family suffered from PTSD, nope! it was all about poor Daniel and his hurt feelings.   That is how bad the adulation for Saint Daniel was; everybody had to prostrate themselves before him. Disgusting!

• Love 12

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Jack is back!!!!!! I'm so, so happy that MA has returned.  Now if only TPTB would get SN back

Spoiler

(and once Kate Mansi is shown the door)

I'd be happy with the cast.

I don't mind the amnesia story and am looking forward to him getting to know the town residents again and learning along with them and the audience where he's been all this time.  In some ways it's hard to believe it's been six years.  Where does the time go!  In any event, I'd like to see him and Eve stay friends.  She was such an awful jerk during the Theresa returns story and she needs to be redeemed after that.  If she can be a real friend to Jack while periodically telling Brady to go fuck himself, I'll be good.  If she remains a harpy who's only purpose is to make Jennifer miserable, then I'll quickly tire of her again.  Not that I mind someone giving Jennifer a much needed comeuppance ... it's just that bitterness alone is not a compelling character trait.

Brady quickly returned to his true self when he grabbed Eve's arm and insisted she leave.  That asshole just does not know how to keep his hands to himself.  I'll never understand why in this day and age they are writing a character so willing to resort to physical intimidation.  It's unacceptable.

19 hours ago, SueB said:

Speaking of JJ, I thought Casey Moss did a great job today.  His face was flush with emotion - like it would be if you were handed the resurrection of your Dad at a public party.  Poor Haley ... RUN!  RUN!  These crazy Salemites with their revenge and resurrections!

Totally agree!  Standing in the background his eyes were red and tear-filled.  CM is very good and I'm glad he's finally getting a story.  He and Haley make a cute couple.  Hopefully their story will be an interesting one.

I also like Eli and Lani though I think that's solely due to Lamon Archey.  Other than being drop dead gorgeous, the man has a lot of charm. 

Sarah looks much better without bangs.

• Love 10

I'm always glad to see Kassie.  I'm intrigued with the Jack storyline as long as it has more dimensions than getting revenge on Jennifer. 

Things I didn't like; the dialogue between Eve and Sarah was incredibly clunky.  First the dialog itself was sort of tipping it's own hand that both actresses were recast, which it should never do.  Eve should absolutely recognize who Sarah is, and if they wanted to be clever they should of had Eve look at her puzzling and ask if she knows her, or that Sarah looks familiar/so different now.  Sarah's dialog to Eve should of been more forceful and more "Eve up to her old tricks again", even when she mentioned Eve running her over when they were kids had no impact or nostalgia behind it.

That whole scene immediately reminded me when Eve came back to town and had to introduce herself to Marlena, who should of remembered who she was.  Even when Eve explained she was Shane's daughter there was barely a sign of recognition from Marlena, a character who was around when she was "growing up" on the show.

Also Daniel has what three sisters, so the idea that Eve would immediately "guess' Sarah is kind of silly.  If done right Eve's response would of been "Summer?" because she knows both Melissa and Sarah, even if you discount her not recognizing Sarah initially.

So Eve doesn't like Chloe now?  Seriously TPTB?  Eve was allowed to make one friend in the last four years of the show and she isn't allowed to carry that over?  Despite whatever is happening with Jack, Eve needs a friend like Chloe to ground her.  Ironically Chloe would be the best sounding board for someone like Eve, even if she is scheming.  When will the writers learn that the "bad guy" trope is only fun for a while, then it just becomes completely empty when said bad entity doesn't have any sort of grounding force on the show.  Look at Stefan, Ben, Eve, and Leo; I rest my case.

Almost forgot but how un-chivalrous of Eli to totally ditch his cousin Jennifer when he knew Eve was most likely going to start with her.  TPTB don't forget that he is a Horton but can they realize that he can have scenes with other Horton's besides Doug and Julie.  Even in scenes with Hope I completely forget that she is his great aunt. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I too was attached to Charlotte Ross. However, Charlotte was on another show and could not commit to Days.  She was open to a return, but, could not make it work.  It is unfortunate what she has done to her face, such is life in Hollywood, sigh!  Eve was such a mess and I loved her relationship with her stepmother Kim.  Kim just loved her no matter what she did, understood her and never judged her too harshly.   Kassie being in the role means we will not see Eve interact with her dad Shane.  Shane and Eve look the same age now. It was a stretch even when Charlotte was in the role.  I like Kassie and she is capable of so much more than the writers have given. They have made Eve so damn unlikable and one-note. She has fixated on Jennifer since day one and it is inconsistent with their past. They never had a legendary rivalry, in fact, I found it very mild with both ladies having a legitimate point of view to not care for one another.  

I wished when Jack was reaming Jennifer out, we had members of  the Hortons there to hear about it. I remember Bo and Hope lamenting how Jack's return from the dead would affect Daniel. Never mind that Jack was being held hostage in Afghanistan, tortured, kept from his family suffered from PTSD, nope! it was all about poor Daniel and his hurt feelings.   That is how bad the adulation for Saint Daniel was; everybody had to prostrate themselves before him. Disgusting!

And we still have his specter what with his connection to Maggie. I would have given anything to find out he was NOT Maggie's egg baby. God, I still hate Dan.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

In any event, I'd like to see him and Eve stay friends.  She was such an awful jerk during the Theresa returns story and she needs to be redeemed

Gotta disagree. As it is, Eve is manipulating Jack's lack of memory by playing pick and choose. And really, they never liked each other, even during their brief MOC ages ago. So why start now?

The Jenn angle is fine. She NEEDS to have some truths told and SHE needs to go after Jack for once. But Jack's kids (yes, that includes Abby) are having their relationship with their father thrown into turmoil as of now so Eve can have her games.

Depending on how far she goes with this, Eve may end up the town pariah, the older version of Gabi. Which is sad in that Ron can't seem to write anything else.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gotta disagree. As it is, Eve is manipulating Jack's lack of memory by playing pick and choose. And really, they never liked each other, even during their brief MOC ages ago. So why start now?

Because I think it would be interesting.  She could genuinely care about Jack and want to stick it to Jennifer at the same time.  We don't know yet exactly what her motivations are, how she found Jack, what they've spent the last few weeks doing, etc.  I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for a very, very short amount of time.  If all she does is swan around town complaining about how Jennifer ruined her life, then I'll lose interest in her again.  Hopefully Ron C. is smart enough to give KdP something more meaty and nuanced ... though I'm not holding my breath.

Also, I don't care if Eve throws Abigail's and JJ's relationship with Jack into turmoil.  It gives JJ something to do and IDGAF what happens to Abigail.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, domina89 said:

I agree.  I am thinking of a recent interview during Day of Days that I heard from Missy Reeves.  The interviewer asked her if it was really Jack and all she would say is "it looks like him."  Could mean anything but, yeah, I'd be suspicious unless he starts remembering details like Atlantic City, the island, the firetruck, pushing Harper out of the bell tower, etc.  Props to Jennifer for trying to trigger his memory with the jade plant...

I heard that interview, I think the question was if Jack is the same, and Missy said he ~looks~ the same... After seeing yesterday's episode, I think she just means his personality is different because of the amnesia. He was so bland and almost emotionless. (But if somehow he turns out NOT to be Jack, we better get the real undead Jack at some point.) I love the jade plant reference. I am not sure if this is the first time it has been referenced since 1991, but that was a very special symbol for them back in the day. I hope there are a lot more historical mentions like that.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

He's never had amnesia, and also, every time he's come back - whether from being "dead" or from just being offscreen somewhere - he's never once been upset with Jennifer, and he's always wanted her back. That to me makes this return fresh - for once, he wants nothing to do with her! If nothing else, at least that's a new angle and can turn this story on its head from what we have already seen several times with them. And it can hopefully return us back to the classic days of Jack & Jennifer, where their best dynamic was cynical Jack pushing her away, and spunky Jennifer fighting for their love. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, scra22 said:

I heard that interview, I think the question was if Jack is the same, and Missy said he ~looks~ the same... After seeing yesterday's episode, I think she just means his personality is different because of the amnesia. He was so bland and almost emotionless. (But if somehow he turns out NOT to be Jack, we better get the real undead Jack at some point.) I love the jade plant reference. I am not sure if this is the first time it has been referenced since 1991, but that was a very special symbol for them back in the day. I hope there are a lot more historical mentions like that.

I was smiling from ear to ear when Jennifer referenced the jade plant. I was impressed and I cannot wait to see all of the flashbacks.  All of the supercouples had a symbol. Stayla was the yellow roses and the color red.  I loved Kayla wearing the red dress when she got the yellow roses from Steve on Christmas. Kim and Shane was his mother Jeannie's cameo, that he gave to Kim in London when they consummated their love; a blind Kim crawled through broken glass to retrieve it from evil Emma.  It is why changing their daughter's name from Jeannie to Theresa irked me. They also had that special painting of theirs. Roman and Marlena had whip cream and strawberries and the nickname Doc. Jarlena had it as well and John gave her a charmed bracelet. Bope had the boat fancy face named after Hope.  They all had couple theme music and individual theme music as well.  The writers really put thought in creating the couples and giving you a reason to love them..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Since Jack doesn't have that baggage and Eve is taking care of him, that does open the door for a different dynamic.  What I'm afraid of is Jack getting his memory back, realizing what Eve is doing to his family, and going on full on scoundrel Jack to get revenge---only for them to get into fighting scenes that lead me wanting them to have hate sex. 

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Is Matthew Ashford signed on long term or is this a short gig? Days tends to do short contracts for a little fanfare and then poof you’re gone!

I am pretty sure he's still filming so given how far out they tape, it must mean he'll be here for at least five years.  That's about how far out they are, right?

For Jack and Jack and Jenn fans or even people who want to learn more about who Jack is, Matthew Ashford is on the SOD podcast.  It's a really good interview, IMO, because I think he has such a great sense of who Jack is. He talks a lot about the past.  It's a great history lesson/trip down memory lane.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Is Matthew Ashford signed on long term or is this a short gig? Days tends to do short contracts for a little fanfare and then poof you’re gone!

I saw him in a picture at the Days set during their Christmas party, so he's been there for at least a couple of contract cycles (I think they can get let go every 13 weeks?) 

• Love 4

I’m getting Android vibes from Jack. Maybe they can do an Ex Machina / Westworld rip off. I don’t think he’s actually alive and that’s the gag, not that they brought him and EJ and Vivian ect back from the dead. 

Eve looked absolutely gorgeous. Wow. 😤 I wanted to place a Joanne the Scammer “I’m a messy bitch who lives for the drama” gif in this post cuz this is Eve right now. 

Sarah’s deep brown hair has only looked good when it’s without the bangs and polished, then it sets off her marble skin and frames her face better. 

Eli and Lani are boring. 

The CM/JJ delivered in his scenes 👏🏼Why all this talk about Failure does Jack (even potential robot or clone Jack) not realize meeting this mess could cause him to go over edge? She just spent the last week yelling at her mom, who is the blandest woman alive, for worrying about her mental health when JarJar has a documented serious personality disorder and was acting out like a violent banshee. No telling what she’d do to Jack for being absent instead of being her cheerleader. 

This show really needs an Eve and a Sami or Nicole. These types of women are the caffeine or fuel to the Days stories. Really Sami was the only one who could be a doing very little and still make the show electric. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m getting Android vibes from Jack. Maybe they can do an Ex Machina / Westworld rip off. I don’t think he’s actually alive and that’s the gag, not that they brought him and EJ and Vivian ect back from the dead. 

Eve looked absolutely gorgeous. Wow. 😤 I wanted to place a Joanne the Scammer “I’m a messy bitch who lives for the drama” gif in this post cuz this is Eve right now. 

Sarah’s deep brown hair has only looked good when it’s without the bangs and polished, then it sets off her marble skin and frames her face better. 

Eli and Lani are boring. 

The CM/JJ delivered in his scenes 👏🏼Why all this talk about Failure does Jack (even potential robot or clone Jack) not realize meeting this mess could cause him to go over edge? She just spent the last week yelling at her mom, who is the blandest woman alive, for worrying about her mental health when JarJar has a documented serious personality disorder and was acting out like a violent banshee. No telling what she’d do to Jack for being absent instead of being her cheerleader. 

This show really needs an Eve and a Sami or Nicole. These types of women are the caffeine or fuel to the Days stories. Really Sami was the only one who could be a doing very little and still make the show electric. 

Eli and Lani are going to need a troublemaker for a storyline. Otherwise, they’re going to be even more boring. If that’s at all possible. I’m not talking about Sheila either. I don’t care if it’s a dude or lady it needs something because they is BORING!!!!!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Eli and Lani are going to need a troublemaker for a storyline. Otherwise, they’re going to be even more boring. If that’s at all possible. I’m not talking about Sheila either. I don’t care if it’s a dude or lady it needs something because they is BORING!!!!!

A trouble maker for a 'nothing' couple doesn't really make them more interesting or root worthy, it usually only makes the trouble maker the character worth watching. 

In the Matt Ashford SOD podcast I posted above, he said one of my favorite things about soap opera couples and why Jack and Jennifer worked.  He was talking about how, because of how toxic his character had become, Jack and Jennifer were put together to see if there was even anything there before they were pushed together.  He described their development as a couple standing side-by-side looking forward (because of their work story line) instead of just looking at one another. 

Writing 101 for creating a couple.  That's what Eli* and Lani need. 

*He's a Horton? Whaaaaat?

• Love 6