Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I loved yesterday's ep. Everything was working for me. Well, minus CM/Will. He was SO bad yesterday. He truly looked like he was bored out of his mind. Such a bummer because GR and even FS were actually putting in some good, fun work but CM brought those scenes down. Oh, also the Cin scenes were bad, but in a funny way, so I liked it.

22 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If I'm going to root for anyone in this dog and pony show, it's going to be Ben and Claire.  I thought Ben should have kissed her after her impassioned monologue about not being quitters.  

YES! I'm not alone!

19 hours ago, tribeca said:

Leo looks good. Death rest did him good.  

Well, he's a young, hot stud.

I love Kayla. I would like scenes of her annihilating Stefan daily tbh. Are they woobifying Stefan? Ugh, I hate it. TC is better at playing Stefan as a dick imo. 

I also loved the Kate/Roman scenes to pieces.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, boes said:

I'm enjoying Roman and Kate a lot more than I ever thought I would.  I have to give Ron C. credit for not only using Josh Taylor a lot more than any other writer in recent memory, but also, using the character well and getting the best out of Josh.  There's more life in Roman than I can remember in a long, long time.

I'm glad Ted is back.  Not so much because I like the character but because I like the actor.  

I loved Kayla telling off that stutterbarking dickhead Stefano O! but I wish she'd punctuated her comments by kicking him right where he keeps his tiny and dessicated brain.  

OhmyLeoisbackwhateverSHALLwedo?  Well, what I'm going to do is FF through this b.s. until it's over.  Massey is bad enough but then we've got Greg Rickaart who has one acting speed and one speed only - Leo meet Kevin from Y&R, that's it.  Didn't like him there, don't like him here.  

Awwwww, Ben Ollie gave Ciara the tongue, ain't that romantic?  She's really putting her NECK OUT hooking up with him, isn't she?  Yeah, I know that joke is really bad.  

This upcoming scene really shows how special their connection really is....

giphy.gif

Aren't they romantic?

LMAO!!!!

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved yesterday's ep. Everything was working for me. Well, minus CM/Will. He was SO bad yesterday. He truly looked like he was bored out of his mind.

This is super annoying. I know Chandler is capable of amazing acting. Even more recently the scenes where Will got his memory back he was fantastic. But this crap he does where he's clearly bored by a story and sleepwalks through it is frustrating. Plenty of actors have to deal with stories they may not care for but you suck it up and entertain viewers and put some effort in.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

This is super annoying. I know Chandler is capable of amazing acting. Even more recently the scenes where Will got his memory back he was fantastic. But this crap he does where he's clearly bored by a story and sleepwalks through it is frustrating. Plenty of actors have to deal with stories they may not care for but you suck it up and entertain viewers and put some effort in.

I think this is just more of a job to Chandler than a life passion.

• Love 3

I am not here for non-dead Leo. He wasn't that lively the first time. (How do these people keep not staying dead? What are they, X-Men?) If Leo's return also means more Ted the Lawyer, I am extra-super not here for it.

Edited by Sandman
Do I need to say "Ted the So-Called Lawyer"?
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I am not here for non-dead Leo. He wasn't that lively the first time. (How do these people keep not staying dead? What are they, X-Men?) If Leo's return also means more Ted the Lawyer, I am extra-super not here for it.

As usual every once in a while, I'm wondering just what I'm there for at all these days. I know I'm 'here' because you guys are all fun, lol, but the show? Ehhh. I want to see the Gabi/Chad/Abigail story to wind up satisfactorily and for the holiday-ish episodes for old times' sake. Not sure after that. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I actually think CM was playing Will as being in shock at Leo's being alive because in today's episode he had this controlled anger when he spoke to Leo that was pretty cool to see.  Of course I don'tr understand why Leo still thinks he can blackmail Sonny and Will--he doesn't have any proof that they tried to kill him, just his word that it was.  Also, doesn't Will or Sonny have the proof that Leo's a prostitute?  I did smile at Leo's calling Will an ace reporter though--I love Will but his reporting skills are non-existent.  I don't doubt that he's a good writer but a reporter?

Color me confused by Rafe's  sage advice to Ciara--if Rafe's attempting to blame Ben for Abby's mental illness because he caused her PTSD when he tried to kill her, then shouldn't Abby be to blame for Ben's illness because she pushed Ben over the murderous edge when she cheated on him and then lied about his being the father of her baby?

And I love Gabi's subtly threatening Kayla about her prescription history being confidential--very well played.

Could it be that Kate's finally going to be held accountable for her misdeeds?  She has gotten away with way too much evilness and she might actually have to pay for something

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, rcc said:

I think Chandler is only a good actor in scenes with Deidre. Otherwise he smirks and gets by with as little effort as possible.

I agree 100%. 

I might also give him scenes with Alison and Bryan only because they’ve played his parents for so long so I think that he manages to appear engaged and decent because of how close the actors are in real life and he doesn’t have to rely on actually acting as if he cares when he’s around them. 

Another pitiful day though all around, imho.

Chandler could hardly choke out a full sentence, his stammering and stumbling over his words is getting worse to me and more annoying.

Freddie confuses me with his acting choices, the ending scene today with he and Chandler had so much cringe in it, the overacting was horrendous.

And their “bromance”  hug was ridiculous for a so called couple fighting for their “love”. 

Leo is an even shitter wannabe villain than I thought he might be, FFS, there’s no upside to anything going on and it already seems tired and played out. 

• Love 1
On 11/26/2018 at 5:15 PM, buffynut said:

Peggy McKay died Oct. 7.   Caroline is still in California living with Kimberley.  Because of Days long tape-to-air schedule, it will likely be well into 2019 before they address it on the show.

https://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/days-of-our-lives-stars-remember-peggy-mccay-167770

Frank Parker, who played Shawn Brady on Days, died on Sep 16 less than a month before.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4492356/frank-parker-days-of-our-lives-dead/

thanks for the info.... frank parker only died in september? i thought he had already passed. maybe because they killed off the character. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, howmanywords said:

Oh how I wish they let Ciara grow up in normal time with Lauren in the role.

My mother, who is a viewer of DAYS since 1980 said a couple of weeks ago "it will take a lot more than a leather jacket and motorcycle to make this annoying brat believable as Bo Bradys daughter" lol

amen. she's not believable. 

• Love 4

Jesus, the Rafe and Hope hatred towards Ben is just ridiculous.

Hope wants Ted to violate his client's confidence and when he won't, she plans on letting him blow in the wind. Great cop.

What proof does Ted have that WilSon tried to kill him?

Nobody blames Abigail for being mentally ill, but they blame Ben for being mentally ill.  Because Abigail is the Horton Princess.

Way to read the room, JJ, talking to Gabi about Abigail not being able to see her kids.

Stefan's security isn't doing very good if they don't know Ted is free.

"Everything you're asking me to do, it's illegal."  Oh, no, Hope do something illegal?

Ooh, Gabi not so vaguely threatening Kayla.  Heh.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 7

Dear Kayla, shred Gabi. SHRED HER. And, as unpopular as it is, if Abby (whom I am blah about but really like Kayla) goes tag team? Here for it.

ETA: As for JJ talking to Gabi about his sister? I think he's really going to feel like a fool when all is said and done. I don't see him as all too forgiving. Thinking all Gabi may have is maybe Will - and Stefan?

• Love 8

Rafe is going to have a rude awakening when he finds out everything his sister has been up to.  I don’t believe Ben is responsible for Abigail illness or that Abigail is responsible for Bens illness.  

Everyone seems to forget that Bens sister was always worried about his anger.   What will he do if he thinks Ciara is cheating? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe is going to have a rude awakening when he finds out everything his sister has been up to.

Rafe will likely try to manipulate things legally for his sister just as Hope is abusing the job in the name of her daughter (even if I get Hope's reasoning!).

• Love 4

I loved Kayla today in her scenes with Gabi and Kate. I thought that Kate was out of line with her righteous indignation, given that her machinations led to Theo getting shot, using Tripp and continuing Vivian's vendetta against Titan via Leo that also ensnared Will and Sonny. She had no problem with Sonny being collateral damage.  Kayla apologized to Kate, but, she did not let Kate intimidate her. Kayla is no pushover and will fight back when she needs to do so. Kayla has Gabi's number and even gave her out by saying that good people sometimes do bad things.  I also think that she was referencing Joey.  Ron is really setting up Gabi's downfall to be really hard, Gabi threatening Kayla was really over the top.  Despite that, Kayla showed her a lot of patience and compassion. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I haven't really liked Kayla much since her treatment over Sami over poor put upon Abigail who somehow was the victim over her having an affair with sami's fiancee so Kate telling her off today was great.

As soon as Kayla went to bat for Abby by confronting Gabi, I knew some people on here would not be too happy because many have not forgiven Kayla for never defending Theresa and Sami who are her actual blood nieces, while Abby is her niece through marriage.  I blame the writers for not establishing a relationship between Kayla, Theresa and Sami. It is especially jarring with Theresa, given that she grew up with Stefanie in LA.  The writers never integrated Theresa as a Brady. They gave her a new name divorcing her from Kim and Shane's history.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
On 11/27/2018 at 10:52 AM, Lastwaltz said:

I've often wished that you were on the writing team, @Apprentice79, lol. Ciara as a young girl was a delight, especially with that mischievous twinkle in her eye. Ha, remember when she hoodwinked Sami out of her diamond earrings for some reason I can't recall?

And @howmanywords -- love your mother's take. It'll absolutely take more than a leather jacket to make this Ciara a compelling, rootable character. Come to think of it, she doesn't do anything except wear that jacket and walk through the Square as far as I can tell. No job, no classes, nothing to do. I hope something interesting comes up or this will be a real snooze. 

As of today Miss Priss will have to get a job now since Victor has frozen her trust fund.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

The thing is, Kate telling ANYONE off for ANYTHING is the height of ridiculousness and hypocrisy. She can have a million seats.

Except Abby.  😉

But you're absolutely right.  As much as I enjoy Kate, she's got no right to pass judgement on pretty much anybody.

• Love 6

Hope, your daughter is 20 or so years old. She can screw up her life in any way that she wants. Cut out the bizarre vendetta you have toward Ben. He and Ciara are a temporary thing - let her do what she wants. Hate him all you want. If he had money, he could probably find a good lawyer who would be happy to sue you and the Salem PD. Princess Abigail has mental health issues that were fixed in weeks. Ben, erm, not so much.

Ciara Princess, you now need to find a job. Maybe things will change for you when you get real reality of figuring out how you will pay for rent, food, bike, clothing, and shampoo.

Leo, do you seriously think Sonny will want to marry you? You have zero proof they tried to kill you.

Gabi, you were very good with Kayla today. Wait til big bro Rafe finds out the lengths you went to for revenge.

Kayla can suspect you, but she cannot prove that you didn't take the sedatives yourself. Granted, you really should have gone to a clinic in Chicago and no one would know.

• Love 5

"Will, this is bad!, says Sonny to Will, who seemed to be on the verge of falling asleep in all of his scenes today.  Show might as well go all the way with Will and have him start whistling or whittling or maybe join the the local 4-H club.

Never fear that Will and Sonny won't be able to marry, I did obtain this clip of a future episode that confirms those two will be together!

I don't think Will has ever been sexier....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, of course, OUR HERO RAFE - you know, the guy Gil says does everything "by the book", once again, by the book as is his nature, tried to strangle Ben Ollie.  I really think it's time that someone, anyone, told him that the usual way to greet somebody is to shake hands, not try to kill them.  Funny how you pronounce his name "Rafe" but the way you spell it is "Putz".

Not that I'm completely convinced Ben Ollie has the greeting thing down pat either ....... Ciara is so proud that she's learning to trust again, that's she's not cutting herself off from people, which is just so goldarned SWEET, ain't it?

I couldn't be happier for her and Ben Ollie, I really, really couldn't.

giphy.gif

They just look so perfect for each other....

The horseshit count in Salem was at an all time high today.  There were only two people on screen who I'm completely positive aren't nuttier than the proverbial fruitcake, Kayla and JJ, and if they had any sense, they'd lock themselves in tight with a large supply of holy water, garlic, earplugs and a bottoming amount of tequila and margarita mix.

So Show decides that RSW is such a good actor they want to bring him back, I get that, I think he's good, too.  But Show, instead of going a better route of, say, bringing him back as a different character entirely, or a twin, or whateverthehell, instead brings back a three times successful with one near miss SERIAL KILLER and decides to make him a romantic lead, and a whiny one at that.  

Show also decides to bring back Kevin Fisher, I mean Leo, the Aging Ingenue after he was killed, his body rolled in a rug and his AARP application cancelled.  Leo appears, spouting one liners like an introductory act at a third rate hotel in the Catskills as a foil for Show's only gay couple, one of whom seems to be fighting (and losing) a bout of narcolepsy with a partner who seems to be losing his battle with his Spanx.  (Note to Show - sports coats can only cover up so much).

And we're supposed to be on the edge of our seats, rooting for??, what, exactly?

Kayla doesn't need to write a prescription for sleeping pills for anyone in Salem ever again - she should just tell them to watch Will, Sonny and Leo and if they're still awake, give Ben Ollie and Ciara a try.  

They'll sleep like babies.

Edited by boes
my speelink is worse than today's show
  • Love 16

I thought Hope initially knocked Rafe out.

That would have been so awesome and funny as hell.  

Are they trying to reform Stefan?

They'd be wise to cultivate some kind of friendship between Kayla and Stefan.  The character of Stefan desperately needs someone to humanize him. 

I've been thinking for the last few days of why all the hatred in Salem for Stefan.  Obviously he is not on the level of his father.  I don't know if that was the original plan or not.  If so, he has failed miserably.  Maybe I've forgotten some of his deeds but I can't remember anything that he has done that is so bad.  Has he done anything worse that Kate, Victor or Andre?  

Speaking to him possibly being "reformed", he has done some decent things of late.  Even if most of these things were for selfish reasons, he did tell Sami what he knew about E.J., He helped Kristen hideout at the mansion.  If he's telling the truth about Steve, him vowing to help Kayla is a noble move.  He initially helped Abigal so she wouldn't be committed.  He even eased up on letting the family see Charlotte.  He's far from a saint but I don't see this "evil" being the citizens are making him out to be.  And how much of a bad-ass can he be when he's repeatedly beat up by scrawny Chad and Ben?  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

That would have been so awesome and funny as hell.  

I've been thinking for the last few days of why all the hatred in Salem for Stefan.  Obviously he is not on the level of his father.  I don't know if that was the original plan or not.  If so, he has failed miserably.  Maybe I've forgotten some of his deeds but I can't remember anything that he has done that is so bad.  Has he done anything worse that Kate, Victor or Andre?  

Speaking to him possibly being "reformed", he has done some decent things of late.  Even if most of these things were for selfish reasons, he did tell Sami what he knew about E.J., He helped Kristen hideout at the mansion.  If he's telling the truth about Steve, him vowing to help Kayla is a noble move.  He initially helped Abigal so she wouldn't be committed.  He even eased up on letting the family see Charlotte.  He's far from a saint but I don't see this "evil" being the citizens are making him out to be.  And how much of a bad-ass can he be when he's repeatedly beat up by scrawny Chad and Ben?  

Nobody is as bad as Andre. He was a psychopath who enjoyed killing women.  There is no redemption after that, I don't care how much the show tried to spin it. 

My problem with Stefan is all in the writing.  I think it was a mistake to put him with Abby. They should have made him have a fascination with Belle. Shelle needs a good antagonist.  Stefan should have been Stefano's nephew, determined to prove to the world, he is not like his infamous uncle Stefano.  We could have even met his dad. The show could have been cagey about his motives to us. Perhaps, Belle could have felt an attraction to him, but, try to fight it. It would not be a repeat of Stefano/Marlena. Marlena was never attracted to Stefano. A little bit of imagination could have made Stefano an intriguing character.  

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

As usual every once in a while, I'm wondering just what I'm there for at all these days. I know I'm 'here' because you guys are all fun, lol, but the show? Ehhh. I want to see the Gabi/Chad/Abigail story to wind up satisfactorily and for the holiday-ish episodes for old times' sake. Not sure after that. 

You know, I’m with you.  Why am I sticking with this show?  This Leo nonsense is already tedious just like all the other stories Ron has written for Sonny and Will.  Who was clamoring for Leo to come back?  Maybe the bitter pill/Paul fans.  I wanted five minutes of happiness.  That turned out to be 2.7 seconds.  If Ron is going to continue to toss a dude or something equally stupid in between them, I’m not going to be here for that.

I would love to see Gabi get hers, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.  After everything she pulled, she should be shunned.  No.  That’s something else that’ll probably happen for 2.7 seconds.  She’ll probably have Rafe pull some strings for her and she’ll still have Will on her side.  Then, she’ll have a new love interest and get that miracle baby.  Nothing to look forward to there.

Then, there’s the serial killer becoming a romantic lead and there’s just so much I’m not liking right now.  Might be time to take one of my many breaks from this show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

You know, I’m with you.  Why am I sticking with this show?  This Leo nonsense is already tedious just like all the other stories Ron has written for Sonny and Will.  Who was clamoring for Leo to come back?  Maybe the bitter pill/Paul fans.  I wanted five minutes of happiness.  That turned out to be 2.7 seconds.  If Ron is going to continue to toss a dude or something equally stupid in between them, I’m not going to be here for that.

I would love to see Gabi get hers, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.  After everything she pulled, she should be shunned.  No.  That’s something else that’ll probably happen for 2.7 seconds.  She’ll probably have Rafe pull some strings for her and she’ll still have Will on her side.  Then, she’ll have a new love interest and get that miracle baby.  Nothing to look forward to there.

Then, there’s the serial killer becoming a romantic lead and there’s just so much I’m not liking right now.  Might be time to take one of my many breaks from this show.

So right. I don't have a lot of affection for many of the current characters. The Ben/Ciara mess will be insufferable, and I've had enough of Hope to last a lifetime. I'm here for Gabi's fall, but you're right - it will likely be a soft landing that will only piss me off. I will always love Kayla, but I resent them for making Steve go away. No investment in Lani/Eli and although Sheila is kind of entertaining, she could easily become annoying. Brady? Eric and Sarah? Nope and nope. 

They need a strong story for JJ.  And maybe Tripp so we can see if there's more to him than being lovelorn. And some new characters for sure. Sigh. Show, I'll give you till mid-January. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, rcc said:

She's back!!!

The show was trying to be dramatic with her head covered.  I could care less.  I wonder how Billy who plays Chad reacted to the dreadful Kate Mansi coming back as Abby, given that the actors cannot stand each other.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show was trying to be dramatic with her head covered.  I could care less.  I wonder how Billy who plays Chad reacted to the dreadful Kate Mansi coming back as Abby, given that the actors cannot stand each other.  

This just makes me like Billy even more--the man clearly has taste and appreciates acting ability :)  That being said, can you elaborate on this juicy piece of backstage gossip? :):)

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They did the same thing with Marci when they had her with a hat covering her face. It's just weird.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

What type of health care faculty is this that it turns a fresh young girl into a Jar Jar? 

Alien crimes are illegal even if they're perpetrated against the smug and slappy! 

The horror music crescendo as her face was revealed was a nice touch. 

Ben has great skin, no lines or pores whatsoever. Chad looked sexy AF today 😍😩 Sonny doesn't look good at all, in fact, has he gained weight?  Hope and Rafe are getting on my nerves, if she's so worried about Ben why doesn't she just discretely kill him like she did Stefano? They have the same conversation 3x a week - it's boring me. 

Leo acted like he was being so clever and cut throat throwing Will cheating with Paul in Sonny's face like those 3 have done a romantic and sexual musical chairs already. He's saying Will isn't loyal like it's not common knowledge. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This just makes me like Billy even more--the man clearly has taste and appreciates acting ability :)  That being said, can you elaborate on this juicy piece of backstage gossip? :):)

Rumor has it that they don't get along at all. They were cool at first, then, it deteriorated real fast. It is why Billy was so vocal in his appreciation of Marcy. This irritated the Mansi fans online. To be fair, Billy used to be very passive aggressive in his comments about Mansi. I may not be a fan of Mansi, but, it was a bit much at times. Mansi never acknowledges him at all. It is a mutual loathing dynamic between the two, lol. Sometimes the backstage drama is more interesting than what we see on our screens.

• Love 13

So Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi are 2018's answer to, say, Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso in 1985 or so (but at least they seemed to warm up later!)? Or RKK versus ALL of his leading ladies a decade later, in 1995?

Actually, Days seemed to cultivate a lot of backstage stuff from way back when, based on old clippings I have run across online with Susan Seaforth Hayes having feuds with various people and such...

And, of course, there is the tragic Brenda Benét (which happened way back when I was in grade school, so...).

At least Billy and Kate are in a lot of good company.

• Love 6

TIMBER! ... I think that's Kate about to go crashing down.  Snarky McSnarkerson just provided the perfect solution for Wilson.  They confront Kate, Kate (who is clearly doubting herself) confesses and Leo has NO case.  His entire house of cards is based on the faux sexual harrassment suit.  Now they can put him away for fraud or just leave it at a stand-off ... McSnarkerson is going to slink away is my guess.

Ted... you know, I kind of always like how he's brutally honest about people's failings.  Hope is so far over the line from a legal perspective.  And WHO would she listen to at this point? 

I've also noticed that a favorite writing technique has been:
Person A: Says something that they could be arrested for
Person B: Gets out the phone to call the police/partner... i.e. do the right thing
Person A: Weasles their way out of it and ensnare Person B

Which brings me to Ben & Stefan.  Well THAT's an interesting take.  How could Stefan think having Ben within 500 yards of Abigail is EVER going to go over well (if Abigail ever leaves the hospital). Still, I find it an interesting twist.  Ben has decided to use his evil skills for cash -- because it's all anyone will hire him for.  I'm pretty sure he's just intimated he'd kill if ordered to.  THAT's going to put a fly in the CIN chardonay.

Gabi's bullshit lies are piling up so high and deep it smells like a barn. She's cutting off any allies she might have with all this.

I'm a Chabby fan of any flavor so I want them together.  But I do hope Abigail verbally rips Chad to shreds in the upcoming scene.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wonder how Billy who plays Chad reacted to the dreadful Kate Mansi coming back as Abby, given that the actors cannot stand each other.  

The fact that they hate each other makes me interested to see their scenes. I feel like BF is super bad at hiding his feelings about stories on screen so I hope he's also bad at hiding his hate for her lol.

I hate what they have going on with Ben. Him insinuating he'll kill for hire would be interesting if it weren't for the fact that they also seem to want us to think he's redeemed/reformed/sorry for what he did/etc. and to ship him with Ciara. The whole thing is just weird.

I honestly don't even remember anything else that happened lol.

• Love 4

So Kate Mansi is back.........when she threw that blanket off her head for the big reveal, this is what I saw.....

giphy.gif

What could possibly go wrong now?

So Jenn is going to allow Chad to see Abigail, well isn't that special?  It seems that what Jenn is really upset about isn't what Chad did, it's that he didn't clear it with her first.  She's really Salem's bestest mom evah, isn't she?  Shouldn't she have slapped him at least once just for old times sake?  It's the Horton handshake.

Leo, Will and Sonny....Sonny, Will and Leo.....Will and Leo and Sonny......all I hear is

giphy.gif

Spirits of the Show, make it stop, please make it stop.

Roman is a saint, a saint, I tell you!  Hiring Ciara to work at the Pub is above and beyond.  She attracts serial killers like spoiled meat attracts flies.  Gonna be trouble with the Health Department, you mark my words.

Show, it would be okay to actually MENTION Caroline every now and then, you know.  We haven't forgotten she existed just because Show has decided to pretend that.

Edited by boes
  • Love 18

Leo's return is as big a dud as Will's wardrobe and almost as drab. 

Ron never writes couples to have lasting peace or happiness, I have watched his shit across three soaps so far and it's just what he does, he loves drama and angst and turmoil more than normalcy or just genuine storytelling. 

Any couple he focuses on will face some issue often one after the other, from cheating death, faking death, mask wearing identity crisis, mental health problem (insert medical term here), murder, infidelity, infertility, incompatibility, the list goes on and on. 

He gets bored with "basic love stories", they are not his thing. I think it's because he believes he's being so trendy and hip to the times with all his extra bullshit that sets him apart from other soap writers. 

I, however, think it just sinks his romantic ships faster than most and the writing on the wall of how big a fail it'll all turn out to be is even more obvious from the beginning.

I never realized just how much Bo made Hope tolerable...both the actor and the character. 

It certainly doesn't help that she's now paired with Rafe, quite possibly the most annoying, worthless sack of human flesh ever conceived. 

All the good and decent actors this show could be spending time on and showcasing and instead I get "other Abby" playing female Gollum underneath her blankie...sweet Satan's armpit, I just cannot. 

• Love 4

The DVR pooped out after the first 22 minutes and I guess who the person was under the sheet or towel - Abigail.

Hope's obsession and Spock brow raising at the mere mention of Ben is gross. Let him be. Your daughter may rightfully walk away from you.

• Love 5

Up until today I've been fine with the writing for Ben and how they are trying to redeem him. I like him, I like RSW and I find he makes Ciara tolerable but today um, that was creepy. We are to believe he's medicated and trying to change but hey for the right price he'll snap your neck and break into any house. Alright! I can't stand Stefan but I nearly spit my coffee out when he looked at him all bewildered and said "you little freak" hee.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The DVR pooped out after the first 22 minutes and I guess who the person was under the sheet or towel - Abigail.

It was Kate Mansi.

14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It was Kate Mansi.

• Love 1

Yikes, had no idea of any backstage kerfuffles with Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi. They had such a lovely love story -- wow, both are better actors than I gave them credit for! I'm glad Kate's back -- never a huge fan, but also not a hater -- and am looking forward to their scenes together. And I like Kate as Abby with Jenn and JJ, too. We'll see -- at least it won't be boring. Like just about every other plotline. The institutional scene reminded me of Terminator 2 when Linda Hamilton's character is transformed from ordinary to extraordinarily strong and fierce, and behaves almost primitively and non-verbal when we first see her. Anyone else? 

Also interested in Kate DiMeara -- it's not often we see her squirmy. Her scenes with Roman were great, although pretty much carried by her. And, shallowly, I loved her outfit with the black leather vest. She either hits her sartorial choices out of the park or bitterly disappoints me, lol, nothing in between. Somehow I think that's how she'd want it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

The institutional scene reminded me of Terminator 2 when Linda Hamilton's character is transformed from ordinary to extraordinarily strong and fierce, and behaves almost primitively and non-verbal when we first see her. Anyone else? 

I don't know why she would be acting like that. She has only been there 2 days and she knows that Gabi framed her and she did not have a mental breakdown. When  she calmed down, she shoukd have let the doctors evaluate her to prove that you she is mentally competent. Instead ahe covers her her head and face like a dummy and tosses her food tray towards the orderly. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't know why she woukd be acting mike that. She has only been there 2 days and she knows that Gabi framed her and she did not have a mental breakdown. When  she calmed down, she shoukd have let the doctors evaluate her to prove that you she is mentally competent. Instead ahe covers her her head and face like a dummy and tosses her food tray towards the orderly. 

I thought the same thing! Way to prove that you're volatile, Abs. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I don't know why she woukd be acting mike that. She has only been there 2 days and she knows that Gabi framed her and she did not have a mental breakdown. When  she calmed down, she shoukd have let the doctors evaluate her to prove that you she is mentally competent. Instead ahe covers her her head and face like a dummy and tosses her food tray towards the orderly. 

This just proves two things about Princess Abs:  She's not very bright and she actually is unstable.  The Abigail character has always been shown to be incredibly entitled--there is no way she'd have the mental fortitude to hold up to being confined for any length of time.  The last time she was committed, before she started the fire and escaped, she wasn't in the hospital for very long either.  Try being in general population in a state prison for months on end the way Gabi was, having to survive among violent prisoners and then tell me about being strong and fierce.

• Love 10