Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I liked Victor/Julie during the cruise of deception storyline. The show was really building something between the two. Then, they abruptly changed course and reunited Julie with Doug. Stefano briefly fixated on Julie before Marlena. 

I like Julie, I know that it is not a popular opinion on here.  I do agree that she can be a bit much at times, especially when it comes to Gabi and her constant denials that Nick was pretty bad in the end, despite his attack of conscious before his death.  Unfortunately, Julie will be even more annoying when the truth comes out.   

Guess they must have figured Julie and Victor were too much alike.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, annabel said:

why were Hope, Jennifer and JJ not at a dinner Doug and Julie were hosting? Hope is Doug's precious little princess and aren't Doug and Julie living at Jennifer's?

Jennifer has decided to forego the holiday entirely and is instead attending a three day intensive Slapping Clinic.

She's going Pro.

And Hope would have been there but she's so far up Rafe's ass she can't find her way out.

Go to the Light, Hope!

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

Wow, this was really a wonky, weird, and woeful Thanksgiving episode I thought.

What happened to focusing on some of the core families and not just one or two? And barely than even. I felt like I was watching Days back when half the cast had been "killed off" and trapped on the island. 

Will, seriously, you're not 88 years old, wear something with pleats for the love of god. Maybe a nice patterned blazer. How about a coat that doesn't look like you highjacked the local high-school jock's locker. 

Also, what the hell? Will is related to pretty much 2/3's of Salem. He has a 99.9% chance of running into some relative the second he steps foot outside. Why were his scenes so pitiful?

Ron is so bad at this, he takes a character that should be a core figure at the center of the whole show based on their background and family ties, and instead he sequesters them and makes them focus only on certain people.

In this case Will may as well be an orphan and childless, only Sonny Sonny Sonny is on his mind and nothing else. Without Sonny he is nothing. It's such bullshit and I don't even like Will but it's still annoying to see what could be done with him and it just isn't. Maybe one day Ron will learn how to write a balanced character. 

I don't miss Sonny so he can stay wherever he is indefinitely. And frankly it's getting ridiculous that little girl's parents just keep leaving her, either intentionally or not. First Will "died", then Sonny went in and out for a while, then Will returned, then Gabi left her, now Sonny yet again has taken off, Gabi is busy trying to get caught messing with Abby, and Will is...plaid.

I know soaps like to have certain kids marked as "troubled", but at this rate if Adrianna doesn't set that mansion on fire and start pulling the wings off of flies it'll be a damn miracle. They are raising that little girl to become the next Ben with all the abandonment issues they're so determined to give her. 

Julie's constant regurgitation of the words "darling" and "sweetie" made me want to scream The way she treats Doug is nauseating, as if he's a small child that can't be trusted to move outside of her watchful eye and knowing tone. Gah, it's dreadful. 

Why is she the most condescending character to everyone around her?

I know Doug was technically her step-father before he became her husband but she treats him like he's one foot away from needing a nursing home. And did she really hand off the glassware to a complete stranger who walked in her door because she feared Doug might escape, I mean over do the basting? She is a horror to behold. 

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, AnswersWanted said:

Wow, this was really a wonky, weird, and woeful Thanksgiving episode I thought.

What happened to focusing on some of the core families and not just one or two? And barely than even. I felt like I was watching Days back when half the cast had been "killed off" and trapped on the island. 

I know soaps like to have certain kids marked as "troubled", but at this rate if Adrianna doesn't set that mansion on fire and start pulling the wings off of flies it'll be a damn miracle. They are raising that little girl to become the next Ben with all the abandonment issues they're so determined to give her.

I know the sequestering of characters is mostly a budget issue, but the lack of attention in the writing to family connections is really annoying the crap out of me; it makes people look unfeeling, irresponsible, or demented -- or some weird-ass combination of all three.

ETA: I'm sure that if Ari G eventually starts setting fires or biting the heads off insects, someone will needlessly observe that "she's just like her father!" The continued attempt to draw a line connecting Will's nature or behaviour to his mother's strikes me as asinine. They're not especially alike, and repeated assertions of a non-fact don't make it any more truthful. That the latest iteration should come from Victor, of all people, just means that someone's really not paying attention. I don't think Victor ever cared about Sami one way or the other, and he doesn't have enough investment in her to form an opinion. But apparently this comparison must be made at any cost, and at every opportunity.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

this was the worst thanksgiving show they've ever had. 

forgot to comment a couple of days ago, when abigail was ranting on to chad (yeah, i know, which time) why did she slip into a southern accent?  did anyone notice that?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that the show has no more money to burn, but, would it have been so hard to have Roman, Kayla, Hope, Eric, Rex, Will, having Thanksgiving dinner at the Brady pub. We could have had Kayla talk to Kim, Theresa, Carrie, Stefanie and Caroline over the phone. They all could have reminisce about Bo, papa Sean, and Zack. Rex could have brought a reluctant Kate to the dinner.  Perhaps, Rex could have played matchmaker with his parents and have them speak to Cassie.  It doesn't take much to write for characters who have connections with each other. Ron misses the simplest things at times that could make an episode memorable and good. The Hortons should have been represented as well. 

Totally agree! For many years (pre VCR, lol), I would only tune in to soaps during the holiday days off, and I loved the familiar, family-centered episodes. As the World Turns was so good at always honoring the families and their ties to each other. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I know the sequestering of characters is mostly a budget issue, but the lack of attention in the writing to family connections is really annoying the crap out of me; it makes people look unfeeling, irresponsible, or demented -- or some weird-ass combination of all three.

I think some of it is budget, but it's also one of Ron's hallmarks as a writer, imo. 

But I do agree that it shows poorly on the characters and it does nothing for the plots and storylines they're in. I think it also comes off as incredibly shallow and empty. 

From Will being made out to be a deadbeat dad because he's putting his love life ahead of his daughter, to Eric basically pulling a Brady and suddenly he's found "love" again while his former soul mate has barely been six feet under for a month. 

I feel like Ron wants to advance his ideas as quickly as possible and it leads to these types of circumstances, where the single-minded nature of his writing kills so much of what makes a soap work. He wants to jump from point A to point B without much time spent building up to the move. Blink and you'll miss the whole thing.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, boes said:

Jennifer has decided to forego the holiday entirely and is instead attending a three day intensive Slapping Clinic.

She's going Pro.

And Hope would have been there but she's so far up Rafe's ass she can't find her way out.

Go to the Light, Hope!

It will take a slapping clinic and still will not be able to catch up with her slappy daughter.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Frozendiva said:

Eric, you really need to find women who aren't exes of your family members.

That might be good advice for, well, all of the Greater Salem Area, really.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, msrachelj said:

forgot to comment a couple of days ago, when abigail was ranting on to chad (yeah, i know, which time) why did she slip into a southern accent?  did anyone notice that?

No -- but I definitely noticed it with Tripp (and his hillbilly beard). Was Tripp raised down south? Was that Lucas Adams' own drawl coming through? I thought that whole scene was weird on a lot of levels.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Sandman said:

No -- but I definitely noticed it with Tripp (and his hillbilly beard). Was Tripp raised down south? Was that Lucas Adams' own drawl coming through? I thought that whole scene was weird on a lot of levels.

He's from Texas.

Marci is from Indiana.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:47 AM, bannana said:

What struck me hilarious about Claire's plan is that now she suddenly realized that with Ciara learning what Tripp did, that paves the way for a clear path for her and Tripp.  She didn't actually need to do anything nefarious, she could have just waited for the truth to come out!

@boes, I too was stunned when Ciara's reaction to learning what Tripp did was her alarm that he had almost ruined Ben's life!  I expected so many other things to come out of her mouth, like:  you lied to me!  you betrayed me!  you manipulated me!  But no, her reaction was about what could have happened to poor Ben.  She is delusional.  But since I don't like her, she can go ahead and be with the neck tie killer.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:56 AM, Tasha Brand said:

Watching Tripp and Ciara's scenes again, something I was reluctant to do, I'm wondering why Ron went in the direction of Tripp breaking up with Ciara?  Considering his lies, the fact that, yes, despite what all of you are saying, he did frame a man who was innocent (of this crime, at least), took the law into his own hands, and, in the process, brought his girlfriend's mother under scrutiny, Ciara should've broken up with Tripp.

Isn't that the way these SLs go anymore?  It's always about the men and their feelings and what happened to them.  Women aren't allowed to be outraged on their own behalf.  Except for Slappy, who even when she is the one in the wrong, is still the poor victim.

Look at what this show has done to Sami, Kate, Nicole and Theresa.

Wasn't what happened to Theresa and what Eve and Victor did all about poor dumb Brady and his pain.  {face palm}

• Love 8

You guys know that I love Wilson, but, I am not happy with the writing. Ron is making Will so desperate, it is not a good look. I really don't want a replay of the toxic Wilson dynamic that existed towards the end of Guy Wilson's run as Will.  Speaking of Guy Wilson, he wrote a beautiful heartfelt tweet in response to Christopher Sean's last day as Paul.  His response to Guy was also great. Those two were so hot as Horita, one of the hottest love scenes that I have ever seen, but, I digress.  I am so happy to know that the two actors have such love for one another.  We often hear about co-stars hating each other, it is nice to see two actors who genuinely like each other and enjoyed working together.

I hate Ben, Ciara, Claire, Rafe, Hope. Julie is being her inappropriate self in her talk with Rafe. Rafe is a douchebag, but, I suspect her dislike of Rafe has more to do with Gabi than Rafe cheating on Hope.   I am hoping that the show will get better in time.  I know with Ron at the helm, it will be difficult, but, hope springs eternal.

• Love 4

there was an article in s.o.d. about days 53rd anniversary and one of the captions says "the exec. also paid tribute to late stars Peggy McCay......" i did not know she was dead. how did i miss this? caroline is still alive, correct? did anyone know the actress had died? my memory is starting to scare me..

Did I miss it, or did Eric not mention Melanie as one of Holly's relatives?

Way to bury the lede, Will.

Hope KNOWS Ben didn't start the fire, but she keeps repeating that lie.

Will and Sonny are cowards, feeling glad that Brady told Paul instead of them having to do it.

Do you really want to have sex with Sonny at the Kiriakis mansion with the local preschool, your lover's mother, Victor who hates you, and the dozens of other people who live there?  It's like the old farm house of How the World Turns where people kept coming to live and they just added on another bedroom. I guess Sonny just couldn't afford a hotel room, since he hasn't had a job in months.

Does the cafe where Claire works really let her hair flop around like that without a hair net?

Leo right as Wilson kiss was perfect timing.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

there was an article in s.o.d. about days 53rd anniversary and one of the captions says "the exec. also paid tribute to late stars Peggy McCay......" i did not know she was dead. how did i miss this? caroline is still alive, correct? did anyone know the actress had died? my memory is starting to scare me..

Peggy McKay died Oct. 7.   Caroline is still in California living with Kimberley.  Because of Days long tape-to-air schedule, it will likely be well into 2019 before they address it on the show.

https://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/days-of-our-lives-stars-remember-peggy-mccay-167770

Frank Parker, who played Shawn Brady on Days, died on Sep 16 less than a month before.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4492356/frank-parker-days-of-our-lives-dead/

• Love 1

Claire gets more and more unhinged with each ep and I just continue to enjoy the hell outta it.

Leo and his young, hot stud self showing up right as Will and Sonny were about to fuck was great.

I think I fast forwarded pretty much everything else lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Every time I tune in to this show after an absence, Abigail still remains boring. I just don't get it. (I don't even dislike Marci Miller. She's pretty and can act, but, man, this character).  Don't even get me started on Ciara...even the most fabulous hair can't make this lady seem interesting to me...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

You know, part of me feels like I can understand where Hope is coming from. If my daughter seemed to have a thing for a guy who murdered multiple people I would lose it and want to lock my kid in her room. So why do I want to smack Hope? Why do I continuously hate her? And I laughed out loud when she raised her voice today and was all "BUT TRIPP NEVER KILLED PEOPLE IN COLD BLOOD!" I'm sorry but I cracked up. In typical soap fashion I would bet that the day will come when Hope inevitably walks in on those two either in bed or even just kissing and I'm here for her head exploding.

• Love 10

I've been playing catch up since I have been crazy busy these past few months but I was able to catch today's episode live and:

I thought I would be able to get back into Will and Sonny as a couple and I now know that isn't going to be the case. The writing just doesn't seem to be there for them anymore. I think Christopher leaving really tossed a wrench into Ron's plans here and this is ultimately what we're left with. I'm not going to debate on whether or not Ron was going for one couple or another, because at this point with one pivot of the triangle removed- he's obviously going to play up the characters that remain. I won't be surprised if this is ultimately leading to their demise for good. Ron wasted no time in involving Leo into this storyline within mere days of Paul's departure. Will is also being regressed with his memory return and Sonny once again is assuming his role as manipulator and the guy who runs when things get tough. Sonny promising Will he wouldn't leave again today reminded me of when Sonny uttered those same words to Arianna and then leaving a couple of months later (I know there were personal issues, but it is still a theme with this character). I'm not interested in them at all. Will is the only thing remotely holding my interest but pairing him with Sonny again, especially with this lacklustre writing is not working. I say by this time next year, we'll either have a NuPaul or Will will be after having another affair again with someone new. I can see the "real" !titanSonny coming out again during this Leo mess, leaving Will realizing what a mistake he has made (hopefully) or Sonny having feelings for Leo, Will fighting for Sonny and eventually moving on himself. I think Will needs to work for Paul if he reappears but Paul fits with the character of Will more so than Sonny ever did IMO.

I hate the teen scene. Claire is the only one out of that whole set that is being developed at all. Ciara is stuck in this weird romance with Ben that isn't really a romance since they have barely been together and now all of a sudden they're being rushed. I have no interest in them. Ciara is nothing beyond that pairing and its clear she's simply going to be sacrificed for Ben's redemption. Claire is the break out star of that whole gang, we at least get her perspective on things and are entertained while watching her become the next be big manipulator. Ciara is just back and forth on her love life, which would be fine if she was developed beyond that in the past- but she has never been. So it all feels superficial to me. The actors are attractive sure, but that's not an interesting story. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 4

I agree that Claire is turning out to be the most interesting in the whole storyline and she definitely deserves better then Tripp--the show needs to bring on a new young man for her because neither Tripp or Ben are cutting it.  Still do not care one iota for Ciara and her leather jacket and angst--she is the opposite of interesting.

I do still like Sonny and Will and want them to be happy together but now that Paul's gone I guess we get to have Leo back to stir up trouble.  Yeah?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate Ben, Ciara, Claire, Rafe, Hope. Julie is being her inappropriate self in her talk with Rafe. Rafe is a douchebag, but, I suspect her dislike of Rafe has more to do with Gabi than Rafe cheating on Hope.  

Rafe & Hope are not my favorite couple but I get very tired of them saying Rafe cheated on Hope.  They were no longer together so there was no cheating.  It doesn't make it hurt any less but Hope did break it off.  It would be nice once and a while for someone to acknowledge the truth on these shows instead of their own reality.  

• Love 6

So, Thanksgiving dinner went to the Horton Centre? Why couldn't the family just be at the Centre, making other people's holiday a little brighter.

Hope, let Ben go. If he is still violent and capable of committing a crime, he will do it on his own. He just needs a good lawyer to take you and the Salem PD to court. Your daughter is over 18 years old and can make her own choices. No, no mother wants her daughter involved with a former (?) serial killer. Unless she asks you for help, butt out.

Tripp, maybe it's a good time to leave Salem for some university for winter term and maybe go to med school or something.

Ciara didn't work out for you this time and Claire is becoming a bit unhinged.  Claire needs her own guy who won't compete for Ciara too. Focus on the music career, focus on anything.

Sonny and Will can reminisce all they want about the rose-coloured glasses good old days. However, they do need to deal with what broke them up in the first place, or it will happen again. And there won't be a Paul for Will to fall back on. Nice that Leo showed up.

Eric, maybe talk to Nicole's family about Holly and see what *they* want to do.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp spoke a lot of truths when talking to Ciara. 

Too bad the hypocritical side spewed its ugly head when he talked about how Ben committed the ultimate sin of taking someone else's life.  Tripp that was exactly your goal when you held Kayla hostage.  And if not for Steve, you would have succeeded.  Plus you could have also done this indirectly when you screwed with Kayla, resulting in her giving the wrong dosages of medicine to her patients.  The hypocrisy of these characters drive me crazy.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do still like Sonny and Will and want them to be happy together but now that Paul's gone I guess we get to have Leo back to stir up trouble.  Yeah?

Yeah.  So boring.

I mean, yeah, Leo wasn’t dead.  But if the only story they can come up with for Sonny and Will is to throw another dude in between them, then — it’s stupid.  You can’t really think of anything else?  So, I guess when this Leo nonsense is over, that’s when they’ll have the Paul recast all ready to go and they’ll just bring him in, never allowing Sonny and Will to fully get back together.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, also there they go again trying to be coy with Ben pushing up Claire's tie. You can't have it both ways, show. It's so gross.

14 hours ago, ouinason said:

I almost think that Ben's tie thing lately is like a subconscious thing where he's getting to a point where he's going to lose his s*** soon. Like he doesn't even know he's doing it.

I feel a foreshadowing coming a mile away, too. It was actually the first time this Ben interested me and I thought Claire's look afterwards was well-acted. First time I've ever had that thought re Claire, lol. Which makes me think -- are Shawn and Belle  back in Japan or just offscreen for the holiday? 

The Ciara thing bores me and I don't want her relationship with Ben to take over the show. So of course it will. 

• Love 5

If I'm going to root for anyone in this dog and pony show, it's going to be Ben and Claire.  I thought Ben should have kissed her after her impassioned monologue about not being quitters.  

I like the scenes of Ben messing with people's neckties because they're open to many different interpretations, and I appreciate that the show isn't trying to spin it in one direction.

This is my introduction to Leo, as I wasn't watching when he was on earlier this year.  I'll see how long it takes for me to stop thinking of him as Kevin.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

I feel a foreshadowing coming a mile away, too. It was actually the first time this Ben interested me and I thought Claire's look afterwards was well-acted. First time I've ever had that thought re Claire, lol. Which makes me think -- are Shawn and Belle  back in Japan or just offscreen for the holiday? 

The Ciara thing bores me and I don't want her relationship with Ben to take over the show. So of course it will. 

Ciara is boring because her motivation is all about Ben. Not to mention, Ciara had such an interesting unique personality as a child. She was all about getting what was hers. She was unabashedly Kiriakis and had no fucks to give. The writers ruined all of that by aging her , getting rid of the awesome Lauren Boles, making her a soap opera ingenue when she wasn't and then having her stepbrother rape her.  Ciara should have been a hellion that made Sami look like an amateur. Not to mention, Ciara could have force  Bo to finally deal with being the son of Victor Kiriakis. It was a beat that could have been explored with Caroline, Victor, Ciara, Hope, Chelsea, Shawn-Douglas, Belle, Philip and his brady siblings. I have often fanwanked that part of the reason that Bo kept Victor at arms length was due to loyalty to Papa Shawn. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ciara is boring because her motivation is all about Ben. Not to mention, Ciara had such an interesting unique personality as a child. She was all about getting what was hers. She was unabashedly Kiriakis and had no fucks to give. The writers ruined all of that by aging her , getting rid of the awesome Lauren Boles, making her a soap opera ingenue when she wasn't and then having her stepbrother rape her.  Ciara should have been a hellion that made Sami look like an amateur. Not to mention, Ciara could have force  Bo to finally deal with being the son of Victor Kiriakis. It was a beat that could have been explored with Caroline, Victor, Ciara, Hope, Chelsea, Shawn-Douglas, Belle, Philip and his brady siblings. I have often fanwanked that part of the reason that Bo kept Victor at arms length was due to loyalty to Papa Shawn. 

Oh how I wish they let Ciara grow up in normal time with Lauren in the role.

My mother, who is a viewer of DAYS since 1980 said a couple of weeks ago "it will take a lot more than a leather jacket and motorcycle to make this annoying brat believable as Bo Bradys daughter" lol

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ciara should have been a hellion that made Sami look like an amateur. Not to mention, Ciara could have force  Bo to finally deal with being the son of Victor Kiriakis. It was a beat that could have been explored with Caroline, Victor, Ciara, Hope, Chelsea, Shawn-Douglas, Belle, Philip and his brady siblings. I have often fanwanked that part of the reason that Bo kept Victor at arms length was due to loyalty to Papa Shawn. 

I've often wished that you were on the writing team, @Apprentice79, lol. Ciara as a young girl was a delight, especially with that mischievous twinkle in her eye. Ha, remember when she hoodwinked Sami out of her diamond earrings for some reason I can't recall?

And @howmanywords -- love your mother's take. It'll absolutely take more than a leather jacket to make this Ciara a compelling, rootable character. Come to think of it, she doesn't do anything except wear that jacket and walk through the Square as far as I can tell. No job, no classes, nothing to do. I hope something interesting comes up or this will be a real snooze. 

• Love 6

I have always liked Roman and Kate together and I liked their scenes today.  It goes back to when Deborah Adair played Kate, she had an interesting vibe with Wayne's Roman.  They were not together at that time because Roman was with Marlena and Kate was with Victor, but, the few scenes that they shared were electric.  The character of Roman works with  sophisticated women like Anna, Marlena and Kate.  

I loved Kayla trashing Stefan to his face.  I love Kayla's fire. People always underestimate her, assuming she is weak. Stefan is just a horrible person and needs to go yesterday.

Chandler looks so bored  and lifeless today. Will's return lost momentum when they put him in a bubble with Paul. Freddie was okay in his scenes with Leo. 

The Cin fans will be happy today.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This is my introduction to Leo, as I wasn't watching when he was on earlier this year.  I'll see how long it takes for me to stop thinking of him as Kevin.   

It hasn't happened for me yet.

• Love 5

Dang, that stunt guy went flying.

The Kiriakis mansion has pie just lying around in the living room?

Jesus, Hope, making accusations of assault like that because a guy put his hand on your shoulder?  Overdramatic much?

"Oh, I see you got a new rug."

Undead Will has no business asking how somebody can be alive.

Aw, Roman calls Kate Katy.

If returning Leo is as snarky as this all the time (particularly towards WilSon), I'm here for it.

"Very Burgundian".

"It's not like he hasn't been strangled before.  Some guys are into that."

I like the blonde streaks Kate has going on.

Are they trying to reform Stefan?

I don't understand. Leo told Hope that Stefan kidnapped him, and then Hope asks, "Who would want to kidnap you?" Uh, were you not listening?  And then, why would he then turn around to tell her that it was Kate.  Uh, wasn't it Stefan two minutes ago?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

... or Sonny having feelings for Leo,

If such feelings were to emerge, and turned out to be anything other than revulsion and scorn, I'd have to give up on Sonny.

The fact that this kind of speculation is even possible? Good GOD, this show.

Edited by Sandman
Because it MIGHT not be the case.
  • Love 6

Well, Leo, death became you. I did like some of his snark with Will and Sonny.

You still want Sonny? Like really? Whyyyyyyy?????

Ted also managed to turn up at the same time? Something is rotten in Salem. I thought Hope initially knocked Rafe out.

Ciara, Ben has killed a few people. Granted, many Salemites, including her mother, have done so. Too bad that Clyde wasn't the killer and Ben had some weird PTSD or hypnosis thing going on. For all his not being a great character, he still spoke some truths today. That people worse than him can find love. Now Ted has 'evidence'? Really?

Why would Stefan help Kayla out? The folks at the Bionic Eye place didn't know the eye was connected to some sort of espionage?

Did like the Kate and Roman scenes. Two old friends hanging out. And Kate being honest.

• Love 4

I'm enjoying Roman and Kate a lot more than I ever thought I would.  I have to give Ron C. credit for not only using Josh Taylor a lot more than any other writer in recent memory, but also, using the character well and getting the best out of Josh.  There's more life in Roman than I can remember in a long, long time.

I'm glad Ted is back.  Not so much because I like the character but because I like the actor.  

I loved Kayla telling off that stutterbarking dickhead Stefano O! but I wish she'd punctuated her comments by kicking him right where he keeps his tiny and dessicated brain.  

OhmyLeoisbackwhateverSHALLwedo?  Well, what I'm going to do is FF through this b.s. until it's over.  Massey is bad enough but then we've got Greg Rickaart who has one acting speed and one speed only - Leo meet Kevin from Y&R, that's it.  Didn't like him there, don't like him here.  

Awwwww, Ben Ollie gave Ciara the tongue, ain't that romantic?  She's really putting her NECK OUT hooking up with him, isn't she?  Yeah, I know that joke is really bad.  

This upcoming scene really shows how special their connection really is....

giphy.gif

Aren't they romantic?

• Love 12

I also thought Chandler Massey looked bored in his scenes today, which was disappointing because most of the scenes were relatively amusing.  Greg Rickaart sure had fun, though, and I actually didn't want to throw things at Freddie Smith for once.  

Ciara and Ben held my attention throughout as I imagined it all as the moth being drawn to the flame.   

They'd be wise to cultivate some kind of friendship between Kayla and Stefan.  The character of Stefan desperately needs someone to humanize him.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

<snip>

Chandler looks so bored  and lifeless today. Will's return lost momentum when they put him in a bubble with Paul. Freddie was okay in his scenes with Leo. 

<snip>

I really noticed this when they opened the door to find Leo standing there. If I hadn’t seen Leo for myself, I’d have thought it was the mailman judging by Will’s expression.

And didn’t Hope say she & Rafe had been at “Gabi and Ari’s” for Lunch? Did they move out of Victor’s house?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Well, Leo, death became you. I did like some of his snark with Will and Sonny.

You still want Sonny? Like really? Whyyyyyyy?????

Tell the truth.

What kind of unholy and truly baffling hold does such a crapshoot of a character have over all these men??

Sonny would be lucky to snag a desperate Grindr date on a good day, and that would still take him flaunting his wealth to increase his attractiveness. 

Chandler seems like he’s just hanging around to make it to the Kraft cart first for donuts. I normally think his acting is basic but today it was downright nonexistent.

Maybe he now sees the writing on the wall that Will is not going to get anything more to do than be Sonny’s peen cozy on a good day or he’ll get to be the bad guy sleeping around on him and chastised by the whole town, again. 

Leo, you should have pulled a Bonnie and came back with a baby in tow, make this shit kind of interesting. 

• Love 3