Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

A couple years ago Abby was so freaking vile. She had a cushy job handed to her since she's town princess she wasn't qualified for and barely showed up to. She slept with hospital board member and superior EJ on the job and clock ? She slapped like 8 people in 6 months. Befriended Sami, the fiancée of the man she's having an affair with and insinuated herself into the children's lives (that's not creepy at ALL), Abby went into Sami's home threw the affair in her face, size shamed her and slapped her! You don't befriend the woman who's man your banging to like get some vile thrill, then act indignant when the truth comes out, then tell the woman who was cheated on she's unattractive like talk about throwing salt in a wound also it's incorrect and stupid, then assault the woman in her own home. While all this was going on daily myriad characters would gush over Abby's beauty, intelligence, ethical

I mean Sami never got a chance to snap that little twig in half for what she did. It was completely out of character that Sami wouldn't have punched in the face after Abby slapped her. At least in EJ's nightmare, we got the pleasure of Sami throwing Abby off the stairs and killing her. If only.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I mean Sami never got a chance to snap that little twig in half for what she did. It was completely out of character that Sami wouldn't have punched in the face after Abby slapped her. At least in EJ's nightmare, we got the pleasure of Sami throwing Abby off the stairs and killing her. If only.

LOL also wasn't Sami considered the villain because she blackmailed Kayla into  firing abby?I still don't get the obsession with all these men falling for abby have you noticed she always has two men interested n her.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

LOL also wasn't Sami considered the villain because she blackmailed Kayla into didn't abby?I still don't get the obsession with all these men falling for abby have you noticed she always has two men interested n her.

Let us not forget that Will wrote that article attacking and embarrassing Sami because she had the audacity to be angry that Abby slept with EJ and wanted to get revenge on the twit.

The only time Abby was on the losing end of a love triangle was when then boyfriend Chad kissed Melanie because he wanted her more than Abby.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Let us not forget that Will wrote that article attacking and embarrassing Sami because she had the audacity to be angry that Abby slept with EJ and wanted to get revenge on the twit.

The only time Abby was on the losing end of a love triangle was when then boyfriend Chad kissed Melanie because he wanted her more than Abby.

Yeah that was ridiculous I have no idea what the writers were going for back then.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Well said. There used to be nice characters found on every show, like AMC's Stuart, Angie, and Bianca, OLTL's Andrew and often Viki - and I'm sure Days has had its own share over the years. But no more. It's sad, because it seems like it was the nice characters who often bridged the gaps between generations and conflicted characters, and tied the show together. If that makes any sense. Just another one of those things that used to make soaps special, which has been lost as soaps try to be more and more like primetime. 

The first soap I really got hooked on was Another World.  And my first favourite couple was Steve and Alice. Alice was the "good" girl.  And Rachel was the "bad" girl trying to steal Steve from Alice. Another favourite couple was General Hospital's Laura and Scotty, with Bobbie as the "bad" girl who wanted Scotty.   And eventually Days' Carrie and Austin, and Sami.  Back then It was so easy to tell the heroine from the villain.  

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always thought that Days of our lives had the best heroes and heroines. They were flawed good people without being sanctimonious and boring. Jennifer, Kayla, Kim, Marlena, Isabella, Hope, Melissa, Adrienne, Justin, Shane, Mike, Bo, Don, Mickey, Roman, Rojohn, John and so many others were people that you wanted to win and overcome whatever obstacle they were facing.. Now you cannot tell the heroes from the villains. Look at that they did to Hope Alice Williams Brady.. A damn shame!

I know when you play the same character for 30+ years, it must get boring always being the "good" girl, but (I assume) that's why the writers created Princess Gina, so Hope could remain the heroine, but KA could have some fun acting to do. 

Now Hope is just destroyed, for me.  Killing Stefano like she did was bad enough. But then flirting and romancing Rafe while they dragged the body into an abandoned warehouse that was about to be demolished, and framing someone else for the murder, while barely mourning the death of Bo is something I still can't get past. She could leave the show, or die, and I wouldn't even care.  It really is a shame. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

When ABC soaps were good they were very good. I liked that they were small town and had a gamut of classes. The working class or low income characters actually dressed that way and had folksy sets. The was a lot of warmth and likability going on even with the villains, who often admitted fault or were shunned or embarrassed. OLTL and AMC were very approachable, at their peak. And David Canary was the best of everything, he was Martin Landau or Michael Caine caliber in performances. 

I think Sarah and Eric might get to that "liability" factor  if they lighten up a bit. I do enjoy good but scrappy characters I loved Taylor on The OC, Hailey on OTH, Emma on Degrassi. 

A couple years ago Abby was so freaking vile. She had a cushy job handed to her since she's town princess she wasn't qualified for and barely showed up to. She slept with hospital board member and superior EJ on the job and clock ? She slapped like 8 people in 6 months. Befriended Sami, the fiancée of the man she's having an affair with and insinuated herself into the children's lives (that's not creepy at ALL), Abby went into Sami's home threw the affair in her face, size shamed her and slapped her! You don't befriend the woman who's man your banging to like get some vile thrill, then act indignant when the truth comes out, then tell the woman who was cheated on she's unattractive like talk about throwing salt in a wound also it's incorrect and stupid, then assault the woman in her own home. While all this was going on daily myriad characters would gush over Abby's beauty, intelligence, ethical character, it was nauseatingaaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

Ahhhh, Petunia13, memories!  Abigail was the WORST, wasn't she?  I can still see her climbing Mt. EJ in his shower and then hiding when Sami stopped by, and either the same day or the next, smirking at her behind her back while "teaching" Sami about art.  I don't think I ever loved a slap more than the once Sami was finally able to deliver once the truth came out.

Jenn's constant defense of her, no matter what she did or who she slapped, and how she seemed to even defer to her daughter as if she was some sort of profound moral force is the main reason that even now, with Mansi long gone, I still can't stand Jenn very much.  Her obsession with Dr. Tan the Dan Man sure didn't help, but it was mostly that freakin' Abigail crapfest.

It's a sort of tribute from me to Marcy Miller that I've come to tolerate the character to extent I have since Kate Mansi's Abigail seemed like nothing more than a demented, rabid kangaroo, hopping through Salem on a slap happy trip.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, boes said:

Ahhhh, Petunia13, memories!  Abigail was the WORST, wasn't she?  I can still see her climbing Mt. EJ in his shower and then hiding when Sami stopped by, and either the same day or the next, smirking at her behind her back while "teaching" Sami about art.  I don't think I ever loved a slap more than the once Sami was finally able to deliver once the truth came out.

Jenn's constant defense of her, no matter what she did or who she slapped, and how she seemed to even defer to her daughter as if she was some sort of profound moral force is the main reason that even now, with Mansi long gone, I still can't stand Jenn very much.  Her obsession with Dr. Tan the Dan Man sure didn't help, but it was mostly that freakin' Abigail crapfest.

It's a sort of tribute from me to Marcy Miller that I've come to tolerate the character to extent I have since Kate Mansi's Abigail seemed like nothing more than a demented, rabid kangaroo, hopping through Salem on a slap happy trip.

I just came across an abby and Sami clip where that abby sounded delusional and acted like what her and EJ had was more than sex not exactly sure why we were supposed to be rooting for her.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I just came across an abby and Sami clip where that abby sounded delusional and acted like what her and EJ had was more than sex not exactly sure why we were supposed to be rooting for her.

I remember that EJ was a bit conflicted and quite taken with Abs, but of course he's always been Sami's. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I remember that EJ was a bit conflicted and quite taken with Abs, but of course he's always been Sami's. 

He was not conflicted. Sami kicked him out their bed because he knew what Kristen did to Eric. They slept together a handful of times, but once Sami reconciled with him, he cut Abby off.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He was not conflicted. Sami kicked him out their bed because he knew what Kristen did to Eric. They slept together a handful of times, but once Sami reconciled with him, he cut Abby off.

Of course he went back to Sami, but as I recall he enjoyed the liaison with Abby quite a lot. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

The first soap I really got hooked on was Another World.  And my first favourite couple was Steve and Alice. Alice was the "good" girl.  And Rachel was the "bad" girl trying to steal Steve from Alice. Another favourite couple was General Hospital's Laura and Scotty, with Bobbie as the "bad" girl who wanted Scotty.   And eventually Days' Carrie and Austin, and Sami.  Back then It was so easy to tell the heroine from the villain.  

I know when you play the same character for 30+ years, it must get boring always being the "good" girl, but (I assume) that's why the writers created Princess Gina, so Hope could remain the heroine, but KA could have some fun acting to do. 

Now Hope is just destroyed, for me.  Killing Stefano like she did was bad enough. But then flirting and romancing Rafe while they dragged the body into an abandoned warehouse that was about to be demolished, and framing someone else for the murder, while barely mourning the death of Bo is something I still can't get past. She could leave the show, or die, and I wouldn't even care.  It really is a shame. 

I hated the Princess Gina story, it sucked and it showed how limited Kristian was as a an actress. That god awful accent that she would affect as Princess Gina made me cringe.  I always hated that Stefano had Hope when it was Ernesto who killed her in the climax of the cruise of deception storyline. It would have made more sense for an ally of Ernesto to have had her all those years.  Ernesto's revenge on Victor taking out Hope was such a tragic irony, given that Bo never wanted to be a Kiriakis and Victor's past as a Kiriakis came back to haunt him and Bo and Hope paid the price for his past transgressions.  Isabella paid a price as well, Ernesto's poisoning of her caused her to develop cancer that later killed her. All of that push Victor to begin changing his evil ways.   Kate coming into his life cemented his road to redemption.

I had no problem with Hope killing Stefano, he was a piece of shit who tortured her and her family for decades. I had a problem with her not taking responsibility for his murder. She had nothing to fear, she was obviously suffering from PTSD from Bo's death and Aiden trying to kill her.  It was done to bond her to that insufferable, self-righteous boring Rafe. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I know it wasn't the show's intention, but I was laughing my self silly as Gabi kept gaslighting Abby right in front of Chad and there was nothing that Abby could do about it. 

Chad is going to have so much to answer for later, lol. He may never forgive himself, let alone Gabi or Kate. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hated the Princess Gina story, it sucked and it showed how limited Kristian was as a an actress. That god awful accent that she would affect as Princess Gina made me cringe. 

I had stopped watching by the time that storyline came about, so the only Princess Gina I've seen is the recent Halloween episode, and other dream(?) episode where she killed Rafe(?).

Were those scenes the way she portrayed PG, or were they a caricature? 

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I had no problem with Hope killing Stefano, he was a piece of shit who tortured her and her family for decades. I had a problem with her not taking responsibility for his murder. She had nothing to fear, she was obviously suffering from PTSD from Bo's death and Aiden trying to kill her.  It was done to bond her to that insufferable, self-righteous boring Rafe. 

I hated that by the time they had someone finally kill Stefano, the actor was such a frail, unwell old man, that was all I could think about when watching those scenes, and the endless flashbacks. 

• Love 8

Oh man, Camila Banus is the bomb!  I'm loving her portrayal of Gabi so much.  It's too bad her screen partner is lackluster.  Seriously, MM has two modes:  blank stare or batshit crazy yelling, pointing and wiggling.  The confrontation between Gabi, Abigail and Chad looked really good - for some reason, the sound on NBC (SD and HD) and only NBC went out with twenty minutes to go.  The gist of everything was easy enough to get, but it would have been nice to hear it!

LA/Eli is so damn good looking.  His look of realization that Lani may just be in to him was delicious.

Sheila and Abe would be great as friends and platonic co-conspirators.  She needs someone younger than him and he needs someone older than her.

I liked Jennifer's earrings.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 9

OMG, I am SO digging Camila! I wish she had said "with the passion of a thousand burning nuns".

"Deuces".

Eli is an idiot if he doesn't know why Lani is mad.

I'm SO glad Chad showed up and Gabi was able to convince him that Abigail is crazy.

Wait.  They just did a flashback to just one commercial ago?

Of course Sheila puked on Abe's shoes.

This is Marci Miller's last day, isn't it?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I had stopped watching by the time that storyline came about, so the only Princess Gina I've seen is the recent Halloween episode, and other dream(?) episode where she killed Rafe(?).

Were those scenes the way she portrayed PG, or were they a caricature? 

I hated that by the time they had someone finally kill Stefano, the actor was such a frail, unwell old man, that was all I could think about when watching those scenes, and the endless flashbacks. 

At the end of the day, Hope shot an unarmed old man in stage four cancer in wheelchair. At that point, she could have arrested him instead of killing him and defiling his body. Sure Stefano had a done of seriously messed of things to Hope and the Bradys over the decades, but Hope didn't feel much guilt about killing a man the way that she did.

• Love 3

The Gabi/Abigail scenes were fantastic. I know I say it all the time, but CB is killing this material. MM not so much, but Abigail is so horrible, I can hardly blame her. I thought she played the unhinged way she went at Gabi and all the thrashing around in Chad's arms pretty well though. She went for it!

When Abigail choked Gabi and said something like, "There's still some Gabby in me," I was like bitch you can't have it both ways. Her smug self-righteousness does make Gabi's plan even more fun though, so I'm sorta thankful for it. I know that's not really the writer's intentions, but whatever, that's how it comes off because Abigail is the worst.

Speaking of having it both ways, show, you can't have Ben threaten and harass Wyatt and play it all cagey when he confronts Claire today but then also mean for us to root for him and Ciara's romance. Nice try, but it didn't work lol.

Claire is unhinged. It's hilarious and I love it!

ETA: Oh, I forgot about the Chad/Jennifer scenes. They were pretty fun. I loved Jennifer going off on him. Although her talking about Chad abandoning Abigail or whatever was a stretch. Abigail's dumb ass divorced him and married Stefan all on her own, idiot that she is.

Also, Sheila's 'deuces' was awesome. I don't mind the thing with Abe, but I am not down for pairing them romantically. I want her with Eli. Lani is far too boring for him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13

I Abby Gabi now that was some soapy fun.   

Where did the wig go?

i still find Ben creepy and scary.  

Claires grandma is a shrink so she can diagnose people LOL.  Her other grandma is a police offeriver that must be how she figured out Tripp was guilty.   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Where did the wig go?

Gabi kicked the wig in front of the bed. Chad and Abby didn't bother looking further than Gabi's purse. After the Chad called the nurse who got Abby sedated into another room, Gabi put the wig back into her purse. 

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

And yes, Ciara is not very bright is she?

Lauren Bowles Ciara never should have been recast.  She was great.

I'm still Team Gabi.  I find it really annoying that Sami and Kate's former protégé isn't better at this though.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

At the end of the day, Hope shot an unarmed old man in stage four cancer in wheelchair. At that point, she could have arrested him instead of killing him and defiling his body. Sure Stefano had a done of seriously messed of things to Hope and the Bradys over the decades, but Hope didn't feel much guilt about killing a man the way that she did.

Here's a huge UO: TEAM HOPE. The "seriously messed up things" Stefano did through the decades fucked up numerous lives, took parents away from kids, and were outright dastardly and villainous. Yes, morally, maybe Stefano should have merely been arrested. But discounting the sad real-life health issues of Joe Mascolo, I wouldn't blame Hope or any other victims for believing Stefano could/would outwit them again.

Just because time caught up with Stefano and he suddenly became frail doesn't mean the emotional trauma ever went away for Roman, John, Hope, Marlena, and on and on. So I'd call it extreme emotional distress.

While I agree that Hope actually doing that deed sort of tarnished the "white-hat character" she is supposed to be, I got the whys and what fors in terms of why she did it, so I say Stefano got what he deserved.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Here's a huge UO: TEAM HOPE. The "seriously messed up things" Stefano did through the decades fucked up numerous lives, took parents away from kids, and were outright dastardly and villainous. Yes, morally, maybe Stefano should have merely been arrested. But discounting the sad real-life health issues of Joe Mascolo, I wouldn't blame Hope or any other victims for believing Stefano could/would outwit them again.

Just because time caught up with Stefano and he suddenly became frail doesn't mean the emotional trauma ever went away for Roman, John, Hope, Marlena, and on and on. So I'd call it extreme emotional distress.

While I agree that Hope actually doing that deed sort of tarnished the "white-hat character" she is supposed to be, I got the whys and what fors in terms of why she did it, so I say Stefano got what he deserved.

Exactly, Stefano should have died a long time ago at the hands of Roman, Marlena and John.  It started with them and continued relentlessly with Stefano's attacks on Carrie, Steve, Hope and many others who were connected to the Brady family. His own daughter Renee died because he unleashed Andre on Salem in his vendetta to destroy Roman. I had no problem with Hope blowing him away, I had a problem with what she did afterwards. Stefano deserved to die. I loved Marlena poisoning him in 2007. That was Stefano's hell on earth.  He was paralyzed, could not speak or move and had awareness of what was going on around him. That should have been his end, but, the show is obsessed with the Dimera family. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

Camila Banus got to have a lot more fun with those scenes but I thought Marci Miller held her own.  I did feel bad that CB had to recap so much of what's happened over the past few months, because I don't think that's one of her strengths, but she does light up with the fury and righteous indignation.  I've actually enjoyed MM recently much more than I have in the past, and I wonder if knowing she's done with the show is having an impact on her performance.  

I appreciate that the show is dealing with the way they glossed over Abigail's culpability in all that happened to Gabi but I find the entire plot to be rather flimsy.  At least if they'd given Gabi a henchman-like character to carry a passed out pregnant woman around they could have filled in some big plot holes, and we could have even gotten a little comedy relief in the meantime.  I'm more intrigued by what happens to Gabi once this all unravels.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly, Stefano should have died a long time ago at the hands of Roman, Marlena and John.  It started with them and continued relentlessly with Stefano's attacks on Carrie, Steve, Hope and many others who were connected to the Brady family. His own daughter Renee died because he unleashed Andre on Salem in his vendetta to destroy Roman. I had no problem with Hope blowing him away, I had a problem with what she did afterwards. Stefano deserved to die. I loved Marlena poisoning him in 2007. That was Stefano's hell on earth.  He was paralyzed, could not speak or move and had awareness of what was going on around him. That should have been his end, but, the show is obsessed with the Dimera family. 

Agreed.  I appreciated Joe Mascolo for all the work he did, the character he gave us for all those years but Stefano was a heartless piece of shit and being a frail old man didn't make him any nicer.  What I didn't like in that storyline wasn't Hope plugging the old bastard, it was Rafe and his usual, sneering double standard.  He had his reasons to hate Stefano too, but while Hope portrayed a woman on the edge, he just came across as his usual jerky, sanctimonious self.  I shed no tears for Stefano but I have winced at how unlikeable Hope has become.

Show today was great!  You've all pointed out the highlights so well, I just wanted to add my appreciation for the glory that was Gabi today, especially.

But ....... there's Jenn with her Horton Slapping Gene in ascendance again.  Chad may be a doofus, he may have been hard on Abigail (I soooooooooo don't care) but WTF with Jenn and Abigail and their apparent belief that they can raise a hand to anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason?  He could have slapped her back and I would have been fine with it.  I'm SO tired of their entitled behavior.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Abigail, you barely expressed any real remorse for what you did to Gabi. Or your alter, whatever. The fact is, you still hurt your friend and framed her for a crime and sent her to jail. It's a bit of instant karma for you. Talk is cheap, words are cheap. Your actions have not been apologetic. Just wrapped up in integrating your 'alters' in record time, making mental health a quick fix with the instant right treatment from Grandma. No culpability, no serious attempt to make amends. Just you, you, and more you.

Jenn had no business slapping Chad either. Horton female trait?

Not much to add to everyone's excellent comments.  Gabi played her game so well. Agitated Abigail will need some rest for a bit.

Claire, you didn't think that anyone would notice a bunch of money missing from your account? And no Black Friday shopping for you?

Eli certainly could have called up Abe to let him know that Sheila had a bad case of food poisoning. Not a nice touch to vomit over his shoes, though.  He is really clueless about Lani's interest in him. He's probably better off with the more interesting and less wet blanket Sheila.

• Love 16

I almost forgot one of my favorite parts of today's show.  Claire was great with her scheming and sociopathic lack of concern for paying Wyatt to lie, but the award for Absolute Cluelessness goes to ........

Our Buddy Ben Ollie!

When he was passive-aggressively telling Ciara about how it was Tripp who set him up, he just HAD to add, 

"I thought you needed to know what your boyfriend is really like".  Oh really, Mr. "I just feel AWFUL that I'm a certified serial killer, OH I REALLY DO!"  It's just so unfair that I returned to the town where I did my killings and people still don't treat me right and I said I'm sorry and EVERYTHING".

Oh, Bennie Boy, Tripp may be a drip but we all know what YOU'RE really like.  'Cept for Ciara, all hair, no brains.

• Love 16

Marci Miller said on Twitter today that today was her last day on the show.  I have enjoyed her portrayal of Abigail more than I ever did when Kate Mansi was in the role, so it will be an abrupt transition to get used to Kate back as Abigail.

• Love 18

I'm totally being a hypocrite, as I don't believe anyone needs to be smacking another's face, but I was fine with Jennifer smacking Chad.  I thought he kinda deserved it, lol.  Plus, I've been developing an appreciation for Missy Reeves lately.  Jennifer's life pretty much sucks right now and I feel like MR has been playing that with a world-weighty-ness that I don't remember seeing in her previously.  So, I've noticed that I've been rooting for her in an underdog sort of way.  And in my current state of empathy and understanding, I could say she smacked Chad as a cry for help, rather than an act of entitlement.  It all depends on how you want to look through the kaleidoscope.  *insert big cheesy grin emoji*

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Does Claire have some kind of trust fund?

She is Victor's great granddaughter, so she should just like Ciara does. However, I think she has to turn 21 like Ciara to get access to it.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She is Victor's great granddaughter, so she should just like Ciara does. However, I think she has to turn 21 like Ciara to get access to it.

Do you know the bit of mental math I had to do to figure out why she would be, heh, then I recalled when they made Bo Vic's kid. Man...I miss the old Days more and more. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Is Ciara's trust fund through Victor?  I thought it was through Hope or a combination of Hope/Bo's death benefits. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Is Ciara's trust fund through Victor?  I thought it was through Hope or a combination of Hope/Bo's death benefits. 

It's through Victor. A few years ago, Hope wanted to refuse the trust fund because Bo in the past was at odds with Victor in how he made his fortune but Ciara didn't have a problem with this because she loves her grandfather and wanted to accept his gift.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

How conveniently you forget that once she recalled being the one who killed Andre, Abigail immediately wanted to confess and turn herself in.  So yes, she was remorseful.

Which followed with Hope letting Chad taking her home so she can rest instead of questioning her, arresting her or having a doctor evaluate Abby to see if she was mentally stable. Jennifer saying that Abby didn't know what she was doing and she needed help. Chad pressuring the DA to not pressing any charges against her. And finally having Laura provide a two week treatment to integrate all her personalities.

Meanwhile, Gabi was still stuck in prison for a murder that she not commit, being attacked and severely injured and being framed for another murder that she did not commit. Integrated Abby was back in Salem even before Gabi was finally released. I didn't see any of the Horton's using their influence to help Gabi out the mess that Abby's alters placed her in.

So, nope, I don't feel too badly for any of the Hortons. I cannot wait to see their hypocrisy in full display when Ciara finally hooks up with Ben, and they get all theirs knickers in a twist when they say his mental illness does not excuse for the people he killed and hurt.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Marci Miller said on Twitter today that today was her last day on the show.  I have enjoyed her portrayal of Abigail more than I ever did when Kate Mansi was in the role, so it will be an abrupt transition to get used to Kate back as Abigail.

I will miss her.  It took a while but she grew on me.  And I'm so glad she got to give it to Gabi a bit before she left.  I was so glad she reached out and choked that hoe!  If only Julie would have opened the door and helped Abigail choke her into unconsciousness.  She should have dug her fingernails into her face leaving a few marks.  

It will be a bit different getting used to the other Abigail again who technically is not the one that wronged Ms. Hernandez.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Your compassion is so heartwarming.

Just about the right amount of compassion for fictional characters.

I pretty much agree with everyone that CB's Gabi was superb with her righteous fury and I'm just really enjoying Abs being locked away from her family, with zero support system--exactly what happened to Gabi.  Payback is a fabulous thing.

Ben's just too damn creepy to be a viable love interest--as much as I dislike Ciara, I'm still a little worried that Ben might forget his meds and hurt her in some way.

Eli deserves so much better then the drab and lifeless Miss Lani Price. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, howmanywords said:

"Gabi" was actually trending on Twitter during the show today. I can't remember the last time I saw something trend from Days on there. Today was easily CB's emmy reel.

Yes! That last look after Chad left the room - -she turned from worried to satisfied in a beautiful few seconds. I hate everything that Gabi has done, but Camilla has  become a star. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I have enjoyed her portrayal of Abigail more than I ever did when Kate Mansi was in the role, so it will be an abrupt transition to get used to Kate back as Abigail.

I am starting to wonder if that's why she's acting so smug and self-righteous, so that the transition to her-face-can't-not-be-smug KM will be smoother.

8 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

What Abigail should've done is try to appeal to Gabi's other side.  The side of her feeling remorse for what she's doing.  She needed to see how much she was hurting Thomas, Chad, Jennifer, J.J., and the other Hortons, all of whom have done nothing to her and, save for Julie, have been good to her.  She should also have pointed out that while she may be making Abigail feel what it's like to be away from her child, she is also making Thomas feel abandoned, something Arianna has already felt and she shouldn't wish for any other child to feel.  He's completely innocent in this.

LOL as if Abigail would think to mention how people besides herself have been hurt!

7 hours ago, nilyank said:

I cannot wait to see their hypocrisy in full display when Ciara finally hooks up with Ben, and they get all theirs knickers in a twist when they say his mental illness does not excuse for the people he killed and hurt.

Oh, that's actually gonna be really funny.

• Love 9