Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Aren't Brady and Sami and EJ still in the clothes they were wearing at the explosion and fire in Nashville? 

I don't know about Brady, "EJ" is now in hospital garb, and Sami definitely changed.

Kind of a boring ep, but it wasn't bad.

I like Sarah. 

Eric's, "Good to know I have a brother I can count one," made me howl lol.

The less said about the Abigail shit, the better.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Good to know I have a brother I can count one

Considering that Eric had absolutely no moral qualms about sniffing around Nicole when he knew Brady and Nicole had ...something....I have zero interest in most of Eric's rage and tears. Or holier than thou judgemental attitude.

He did the same thing to his "best friend,", Daniel. Also with Nicole. I see a pattern here. SHOCKER.

And I know some think Ericole are something special. And I guess if a person doesn't have a problem with dishonesty, lying, backstabbing and cheating, then they'd be okay with them as a pairing.  To each their own.

No offense. I just don't see Eric and Nicole as "victims" in any of this, when simply being HONEST would have saved everyone a lot of grief. Brady can be a douche(but then....the only characters on soaps who don't have douche moments are the ones with no airtime). He can also be cruel and vindictive. But I clearly remember him giving Nicole multiple chances to just tell the TRUTH.

But Nicole was incapable of doing that, and has always been incapable of it. She was incapable of it with Daniel as well.  And for no good reason that I could ever see, which just lessens any sympathy I have for either Nicole or Eric.

Hey, Eric ? You could have been with the "love of your life" if you just would have come forward before it all blew up a year ago. The fact that you didn't is just as much on you as it is anyone else.

7 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Considering that Eric had absolutely no moral qualms about sniffing around Nicole when he knew Brady and Nicole had ...something....I have zero interest in most of Eric's rage and tears. Or holier than thou judgemental attitude.

He did the same thing to his "best friend,", Daniel. Also with Nicole. I see a pattern here. SHOCKER.

And I know some think Ericole are something special. And I guess if a person doesn't have a problem with dishonesty, lying, backstabbing and cheating, then they'd be okay with them as a pairing.  To each their own.

No offense. I just don't see Eric and Nicole as "victims" in any of this, when simply being HONEST would have saved everyone a lot of grief. Brady can be a douche(but then....the only characters on soaps who don't have douche moments are the ones with no airtime). He can also be cruel and vindictive. But I clearly remember him giving Nicole multiple chances to just tell the TRUTH.

But Nicole was incapable of doing that, and has always been incapable of it. She was incapable of it with Daniel as well.  And for no good reason that I could ever see, which just lessens any sympathy I have for either Nicole or Eric.

Hey, Eric ? You could have been with the "love of your life" if you just would have come forward before it all blew up a year ago. The fact that you didn't is just as much on you as it is anyone else.

I love Eric and I feel that he has been treated shabbily by the writers for years now.  The son of Marlena Evans deserves better, he should be driving stories, facing off with enemies of his own, dating and creating his own legacy on the show.  That being said, I do have to agree with you on how he can be self-righteous and self-pitying, I remember how he treated Nicole after shreddergate.  She deserved his scorn for a bit, but, it really annoyed me how far he took it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Eric and I feel that he has been treated shabbily by the writers for years now.  The son of Marlena Evans deserves better, he should be driving stories, facing off with enemies of his own, dating and creating his own legacy on the show.  That being said, I do have to agree with you on how he can be self-righteous and self-pitying, I remember how he treated Nicole after shreddergate.  She deserved his scorn for a bit, but, it really annoyed me how far he took it..

It's a trait of all the bio Bradys as far I can recall. And yes sometimes, the scorn is earned and justified. But they always, always carry it waaay too far and act like they are above it all and so saintly that they would never, ever....until of course, they do.

A man who would horn in the same woman twice-from his best "friend" and then his "brother" gets very little sympathy from me. I almost feel like Nicole and Eric are the classic case of "I only want you if we can sneak around/I only want you when I can't have you." And that ain't love. It starts with a "L", though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Sarah. 

The less said about the Abigail shit, the better.

I like Sarah too.  It's about time Maggie had some real family in town after being saddled with the middle-aged sperm baby, Dr. He Who Will Not Be Named.   She has been desorased a lot, though, which I guess means Maggie has been as well.  

Abigail and StefanO! - what a douchecanoe-for-two that couple is.  

Her alters may not be back but she's still batshit crazy if she married that doofus.

I did enjoy Jenn giving her the Death Stare on the way out.

• Love 12

I’m just going to go ahead and admit that a part of me enjoyed Chad fuming about the Stephan/Abby development. I mean, I’m not proud of it, but I was all rub it in his face a little. It’s not even rational, I know. He should absolutely be down for having Abby committed, believing what he believes and all, but ever since he left her because she chose to keep her baby, a baby he supposedly believes is a product of a sexual assault, he pisses me off. “Hey, Abby, let me make decisions for you, even though I won’t be living with you as your hubs for an indefinite amount of time or maybe ever again.”  Whatever. I could live with this story if it was explicit that Stephan is just a means to an end for Abby, but that’s so not what this going to turn out to be. Barf. 

I actually enjoyed the five minutes of Brady realizing what a messed up douche he is. 

Sarah is what I like to call perky. I don’t know how much of that I can tolerate. The actress seemed competent enough, though. 

• Love 7

A bit meh on Sarah Horton. Maybe she will grow on me. She and Rex are both doctors?

I liked the two Bradys.

So, how did Abigail get a divorce from Chad without telling him? And now married to Stefan? I do wish the actress could darken her brows and maybe wear some lipstick with colour. She looked washed out. Chad, you did marry her for better or worse and in sickness and in health.

EJ having severe burns could easily work for a re-cast. And be a new man.

Brady, why go back to Eve?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I’m just going to go ahead and admit that a part of me enjoyed Chad fuming about the Stephan/Abby development. I mean, I’m not proud of it, but I was all rub it in his face a little. It’s not even rational, I know. He should absolutely be down for having Abby committed, believing what he believes and all, but ever since he left her because she chose to keep her baby, a baby he supposedly believes is a product of a sexual assault, he pisses me off. “Hey, Abby, let me make decisions for you, even though I won’t be living with you as your hubs for an indefinite amount of time or maybe ever again.”  Whatever. I could live with this story if it was explicit that Stephan is just a means to an end for Abby, but that’s so not what this going to turn out to be. Barf. 

I actually enjoyed the five minutes of Brady realizing what a messed up douche he is. 

Sarah is what I like to call perky. I don’t know how much of that I can tolerate. The actress seemed competent enough, though. 

The actress playing Sarah is cute, but so far that's all I got. She has a very natural chemistry with Maggie, and I like Maggie, so that's a good thing, I guess. I do hate it when the introduce or reintroduce a character and it's immediately into chem testing or about a pairing.

I've never been into the whole Chad and Abby pairing. Chad comes across as more than a little controlling-I guess it's the DiMera in him. But TBH I'd be more up for a story for JJ than I would Abby, anyway. I think he's the more interesting one of Jack and Jen's kids, if they'd write for him.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Brady, why go back to Eve?

Because our bouncing, manscaped, dimwitted drooly baby Brady is just.so.dumb.

There's not a whole lot worse than bottom-of-the-well stupid combined with a sense of self-worth that's not backed up by the facts,

Unless it's a StefanO! type of malignant pond scum.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Because he has no right to judge her, as he said today?

And there's that, he has no right to judge her.  Not that that's stopped him before.

I wonder how long that's gonna last.....

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sarah Horton seems okay,  I wish Melissa Archer was playing her, she would have been perfect as Sarah Horton but, I digress. I don't like how Mickey's role as her father was minimized to bolster Neil Curtis' biological ties to her. Sarah never liked him, rejected him, got him drunk, took pictures of herself and him naked in bed to keep Mickey and Maggie together. She almost lost her mind when she found out that Neil was her biological father. 

Shouldn't Sarah then be much older than Linsey who is playing her?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I can suspend disbelief for s/l purposes and it at least achieves her goal of not being committed but than marrying her rapist Stefan?

Maybe now since her alters have merged and she remembers more of Gabby's feelings, maybe she no longer sees him as her rapist.

I no longer get outraged at ANY storyline. Why bother? It only increases your blood pressure ;-)

• Love 3

Abs is right about Gabi, but she still deserves some payback for what she did to Gabi. Sometimes karma needs a bit of a nudge. Gabi is going a little too far.

What Gabi is doing is deliberate which makes it far worse.  Now the affair that Abigail had with EJ and her basically stalking Austin was horrible.  And she should pay for that.  However, that was a different actress so it's hard for me not to feel bad for the current Abigail.  Also, Gabi is no saint.  

As much as I think Brady is an ass, I liked the scenes between him and Eve.

They both did amazingly well in those scenes.  

Considering that Eric had absolutely no moral qualms about sniffing around Nicole when he knew Brady and Nicole had ...something....

How about your brother and your best friend not dating someone that you have always said was your first love and the love of your life.  Isn't that breaking the "bro code"?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Shouldn't Sarah then be much older than Linsey who is playing her?

She should be.  I believe they DESORASED her back in the day, but she still should be older.  Rex should be anywhere from 35 -38.  Being a couple of years older than Belle, Shawn, Chloe, etc.

• Love 4

Rex Sarah and Brady Eve neither couple look right together JMHO.   Also I realize this is superficial but Rex looks like a surfer dude not a doctor.  

Shouldnt Rafe check on his sister?   She was going to sleep over Sonny’s house one night and just never went back.  Why is chad still there ?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, A.J. said:

How about your brother and your best friend not dating someone that you have always said was your first love and the love of your life.  Isn't that breaking the "bro code"?  

Yes, it is.  I don't see any character through rose colored glasses and am capable of admitting when any character is wrong. No matter how much I like or dislike them. Both Daniel and Brady should have had a "just friends" policy with Nicole and shut her down when she made her move (and she would have). And I'd love a scene where Brady acknowledges that-he owes Eric that.

And yet- I have a huge problem with how sanctimonious Eric is being, because I don't belive he feels guilty about what he did BOTH times, to both people, concerning Nicole. He was guilty over Dan's death, but otherwise, I didn't see a whole lot of "I shouldn't have". I don't care even if his motivation was that  he felt the other two men should never have and he was getting back at them. It was wrong, all the way around.

Here's why Brady breaking the "bro code" though,  isn't half as bad as what Eric did. Because....well, Brady did it out in the open. He wasn't trying to pursue Nicole behind Eric's back. Daniel wasn't trying to pursue Nicole behind Eric's back. There were not endless scenes with Nicole and Eric where Nicole swore she loved only Eric, then went to the other man's house and had sex with him.   And really, that little detail is a huge detail, because it makes all the difference in the world. 

I still think Eve and Brady are an odd couple, but the scenes with EM and KDP yesterday were SO GOOD. Dang when did EM become such a good actor, it snuck up on me and I LOVE that. 

I still don't think Rex Brady is needed, but if his only purpose is to give both Eric and Brady a friend, I'm good with that. KL has good, natural chemistry with both GV and EM. And that could be part of Ron's intention-to give them a sounding board until they make up, if they ever make up. I just hope Eric proves me wrong and shows some growth and doesn't go after Sarah out of *this is important* respect for his brother. I mean, people say Brady thinks with little Brady all the time. I think Eric does too, and this whole debacle is proof. I mean, Jennifer Horton is no longer one of my faves, but even I was disgusted by how he was engaged to her one minute and in bed with Nicole the next. Really, dude ? 

But then, Brady bedded Kristen less than a day after leaving Eve(though his motivations were different). They both have waaaay too much time on their hands and need something to do that has some meaning.

I don't find TC to be as creepy as he should be as Stefan. I don't get "menacing" from him at all.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, boes said:

I did enjoy Jenn giving her the Death Stare on the way out.

Me too! (waves at @boes) -- I was also a bit afraid for Jenn getting in between Chad and Stefan. The whole thing just made uncomfortable.  

The Brady/Rex thing at the pub was cute, but I hope that's the end of the writer's cleverness about this casting, as it's getting a bit lame. I don't have much of a reaction to Sarah Horton yet -- her time on the show was during one of my "sabbaticals," I think. She's a pretty actress - reminds me of Dakota Johnson. 

I want this Abigal/Gabi story to end soon,  but on the other hand I"m glad I haven't had to watch Ceara/Tripp/Claire. What is it that I like about this show again?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

She should be.  I believe they DESORASED her back in the day, but she still should be older.  Rex should be anywhere from 35 -38.  Being a couple of years older than Belle, Shawn, Chloe, etc.

Actually they aged Sarah too fast. She was born in 1981, but, she was a grown woman at Hope's funeral in 1990.  Technically, she should have been 9 years old.  She was best friends with Carrie as well.  She should be in her 40's.  Sarah was the EJ of her day.  That fluke went under the radar because Sarah was never a major character like EJ.  Other minor characters at that time also had ridiculous aging..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Actually they aged Sarah too fast. She was born in 1981, but, she was a grown woman at Hope's funeral in 1990.  Technically, she should have been 9 years old.  She was best friends with Carrie as well.  She should be in her 40's.  Sarah was the EJ of her day.  That fluke went under the radar because Sarah was never a major character like EJ.  Other minor characters at that time also had ridiculous aging..

Thanks for the update. For some reason I thought they Desorased her birth to 1981. Makes more sense now.

Although if she was born in 1981, she is 37 or 38, which puts her and Rex at the same age. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Thanks for the update. For some reason I thought they Desorased her birth to 1981. Makes more sense now.

Although if she was born in 1981, she is 37 or 38, which puts her and Rex at the same age. 

True, but she is older than Eric and Sami who were born in 1984.  They are in their early 40's now..lol  

I always assumed Rex and Cassie  were born in the late 80's due to Roman's captivity and Kate working for Stefano, in order to care for Lucas.  I never understood why a doctor like Kate had to become a prostitute.  Personally, I always wanted Mr. Roberts, Kate's husband to have played a role in Kate becoming a prostitute. It is not implausible for women who were in an abusive relationship like Kate was with Curtis to fall for another abuser.   It is actually very common, unfortunately. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

True, but she is older than Eric and Sami who were born in 1984.  They are in their early 40's now..lol  

I always assumed Rex and Cassie  were born in the late 80's due to Roman's captivity and Kate working for Stefano, in order to care for Lucas.  I never understood why a doctor like Kate had to become a prostitute.  Personally, I always wanted Mr. Roberts, Kate's husband to have played a role in Kate becoming a prostitute. It is not implausible for women who were in an abusive relationship like Kate was with Curtis to fall for another abuser.   It is actually very common, unfortunately. 

Lol, that is why I originally said that she is supposed to be older than Rex, even though she was born in 81.

You are right Rex and Cassie were born in the late 80's/ early 90's.  What is confusing is that the teen scene of Belle/Shawn/Chloe/Phillip/Mimi have been slightly SORASED due to the SORASING of Claire.  So currently they are in the age range of 35 - 37, but because Rex and Cassie were born before Marlena came back to town they would have to be a year and a half to 2 years older.

Who is Mr. Roberts?  Roberts is a fictional name that Kate adopted when she left Salem and had Lucas.  Since Kate is an amalgamation of "two" characters, I don't believe they continued the backstory of her being a doctor.  In place of her being a doctor, they took her past with Marlena to connect her the hospital where she met Bill as opposed to her being Bill's colleague, Kate Winnegred.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Lol, that is why I originally said that she is supposed to be older than Rex, even though she was born in 81.

You are right Rex and Cassie were born in the late 80's/ early 90's.  What is confusing is that the teen scene of Belle/Shawn/Chloe/Phillip/Mimi have been slightly SORASED due to the SORASING of Claire.  So currently they are in the age range of 35 - 37, but because Rex and Cassie were born before Marlena came back to town they would have to be a year and a half to 2 years older.

Who is Mr. Roberts?  Roberts is a fictional name that Kate adopted when she left Salem and had Lucas.  Since Kate is an amalgamation of "two" characters, I don't believe they continued the backstory of her being a doctor.  In place of her being a doctor, they took her past with Marlena to connect her the hospital where she met Bill as opposed to her being Bill's colleague, Kate Winnegred.

I know, but, it was JER who made Kate Stefano's prostitute and Lucas Bill's son. I don't think that was Sherry's plan to make Lucas a Horton.  Being a Horton limited Lucas and they never bothered to develop Lucas' relationships with Mickey, Bill and his brother Mike. What was the point?    I think that Sherry had a story for Kate that was scrapped after she left the show.  JER did use her story about Curtis, Austin and Billie to tie Billie to Bo. 

Shawn was aged down to accommodate his storyline with Belle.  Shawn as a kid used to play with Sami and Eric. He was super close to Andrew.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know, but, it was JER who made Kate Stefano's prostitute and Lucas Bill's son. I don't think that was Sherry's plan to make Lucas a Horton.  Being a Horton limited Lucas and they never bothered to develop Lucas' relationships with Mickey, Bill and his brother Mike. What was the point?    I think that Sherry had a story for Kate that was scrapped after she left the show.  JER did use her story about Curtis, Austin and Billie to tie Billie to Bo. 

Shawn was aged down to accommodate his storyline with Belle.  Shawn as a kid used to play with Sami and Eric. He was super close to Andrew.  

I agree about that they dropped the ball with developing Lucas's relationships with other Horton's but I did really love his relationship with Alice.  His strongest connection has been with Maggie though.  One of the things that I have disliked over the years is TPTB minimizing that relationship in order to boost Maggie/Daniel and Maggie/Brady.  So glad that we are getting back to more Maggie and Lucas.

I think that once they put Mike with Carrie maybe the writers stayed clear of connecting Mike and Lucas so they wouldn't have a repeat of the Austin/Lucas rivalry with Carrie.  Also since Billie was around it seems like they focused on that sisterly relationship more than Jennifer since she was in and out of Salem for a while.

Though I have always been a fan of Lucas as a Horton, my only regret is that they don't make him more of a leader for the family as a whole.  With Maggie married to Victor and Julie in and out. Hope, Jennifer, and Lucas should be the heads of the family and counseling/driving stories for the Hortons.

• Love 5

Hey Eve, instead of going to New York, maybe you should go to San Francisco and apologize to your sister for trying to take her child away for her over some dick - literal and figurative - you finally realized isn't worth it.  Just a thought.

• Love 17

Bananas, spinach, yogurt and tabasco?  ewww!

Yeah, Brady, you're a slut, we all know that.

The John/Roman/Hattie stuff was hilarious. And I loved the record scratches. "Put out or get out".

"He's a serial killer. You can't compare us." Yeah, Tripp, you didn't try to stab Kayla with a pair of scissors, did you?

• Love 17

Eve is such a shitty person. I love that her life is in ruins. 

Also, that necktie bit was straight up gold. I’m super embarrassed I feel that way, though,  I gotta admit. I mean I was honestly captivated for a second and then amused at myself for even getting into a scene where the town serial killer on my soap recounts his introduction to murder. 

This show. I had a good chuckle at myself. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Robert gutted me when he told the story about Clyde.  Even more so when he realized that his gift to his father was what subconsciously gave him the inspiration for the necktie killings.  The struck look on his face was absolutely heartbreaking.  Victoria played Ciara's reaction to that incredibly well, too.

Eve has a lot of nerve to blame Jennifer for her problems.  Her problems are her fault and hers alone.  I love Kassie DePaiva, but I'm looking forward to this break from Eve.

I'm not surprised that Tripp was the one who planted the evidence.  At least that's what it's looking like.  I figured he was the culprit as soon as the new evidence was announced and he barely reacted to it.

Good episode today.

As Ben was telling that story, I was trying to figure out if he was playing her, because that was some sick stuff he was describing.   When he said his gift to Clyde was a necktie, I gasped.  And then teared up at his reaction to the realization of the effect it had on his life.   Yet I wondered why this story wouldn't have come out during sessions with the dr. while he was in prison.  Ciara really is a wonder to be able to elicit such a revelation (sarcasm, there folks).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

As Ben was telling that story, I was trying to figure out if he was playing her, because that was some sick stuff he was describing.   When he said his gift to Clyde was a necktie, I gasped.  And then teared up at his reaction to the realization of the effect it had on his life.   Yet I wondered why this story wouldn't have come out during sessions with the dr. while he was in prison.  Ciara really is a wonder to be able to elicit such a revelation (sarcasm, there folks).

Hahaha!  I'm still stuck on listening to her earlier tell Ben-Ollie that he may have noticed how everyone LOVES her.  She's just so special and IMO nobody but nobody deserves to be with a serial killer more than her.

And I mean that MOST sincerely.

• Love 9

I just saw the part where Ben-Ollie tells his story about his necktie gift for Daddy and what he saw that day.

Oh, how things would be different if only, instead of that necktie, he'd gotten him that book, "Jokes for the John", a bottle of Old Spice or a box of handkerchiefs.  

Or even a Whitman's sampler.   Though that nougat center is a killer.......

• Love 14

I did hope that Ben was telling the truth of being the scared little boy who saw what his father did, And the necktie as a gift. At least someone in Salem has a trauma that led to their behavior.

Of course, the photo of Ben will not be the person who bought that accelerant. How handy and convenient that only one person bought it in months. Tripp, you couldn't just go to a large Home Depot or Lowes and buy it?

Bye, Eve, for now. No, none of this is really Jennifer's fault. But she is your go-to.

Hattie, just dump John and sign the divorce. He will take care of you and you probably won't go back to Statesville. That hospital bed is costing a fortune and she really doesn't need to be there.

• Love 5

IDK, I thought the necktie story was stupid and I felt bad because I wanted to laugh. My first thought at that moment was that it was so campy and the acting, I thought, was just bad. I think the actor has done well in the past, but that moment-it just felt like a LIE.  The whole story in fact, was just too...unbelievable. It was the kind of moment where the guy would realize the girl bought it, and then when she gets up from the table to go get something, he smirks to himself. That's the vibe I got. But maybe that was the point-it was supposed to be creepy and make you feel uncomfortable. Like okay, maybe he's a good guy after all...or maybe  he's not. Maybe the necktie story is true. Or it's something he's told himself so many times, he believes it. They creep me out as a potential couple. He creeps me out as a character. Someone needs to tell the actor that if they are truly trying to redeem Ben, he needs to dial back the creepy by a thousand.

I'm not sold on the Cierra actress, but she's less whiny than the other one was. That's all I got.

I think Deidre is without a doubt, the cast member who is having the most fun right now. I didn't even know "Marlena-ness" was  a word. You learn something new every day. Drake's face at one point, I swear I think he covered it to keep from laughing. It's too bad she'll go back to being dull and uptight after the Hattie story is over.

But....why can't John just get an annulment, why is a divorce even necessary?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Ben, he needs to dial back the creepy by a thousand.

Agree. The way he plays the character (as well as they the scenes are shot) makes you doubt that he is sincere.  How can we root for a guy that gives you the heebie-jeebies?  

• Love 9

I loved today's episode, zany, over the top, camp that Ron excels at when he is not doing his weird rape fetish. Today's show was channeling the Jordan Peele Movie, Get out.

I also loved seeing Judith Chapman as Anjelica Devereaux. It makes up a little bit for Morgan's Fairchild bizarre out of character Anjelica. Anjelica and Kate should be friends trying to best each other regarding their sons' legacies as Kiriakis men.  Alex and Philip should have been fighting each other for control of Titan and not Sonny and dumb Brady. So much missed opportunities on this show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

Okay, I watched the Halloween episode and I loved the homage to Rosemary's baby, especially Julie's channeling Ruth Gordon :)  Abby and Hattie were pretty amusing  and Stefan even managed to seem alive.  I know, I'm still in shock.

ETA:  The Get Out references were also superb, especially Hattie's tea cup :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved today's episode, zany, over the top, camp that Ron excels at when he is not doing his weird rape fetish. Today's show was channeling the Jordan Peele Movie, Get out.

I also loved seeing Judith Chapman as Anjelica Devereaux. It makes up a little bit for Morgan's Fairchild bizarre out of character Anjelica. Anjelica and Kate should be friends trying to best each other regarding their sons' legacies as Kiriakis men.  Alex and Philip should have been fighting each other for control of Titan and not Sonny and dumb Brady. So much missed opportunities on this show..

LOL....today's Halloween show is a campy hoot!  Hattie trying to behave as Marlena is so funny.  All the actors totally 'in" on their characters.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

Agree. The way he plays the character (as well as they the scenes are shot) makes you doubt that he is sincere.  How can we root for a guy that gives you the heebie-jeebies?  

I think a good twist would be that even though it appears he was "set up", he's guilty after all.

• Love 6

"I don't have a clue how you did it before, but I saw this in a movie"

Julie doing Ruth Gordon.  LOL And Bill doing the Roman character. Who was Stefan doing?

I'm not sure I like it being Eli who got hypnotized by tea cup.

"Hope thinks she's a princess." "Well, I thought I was my grandmother and my best friend at the same time, so what's the difference?"

"You want him, he's yours."

'You're old whatersname's sister-mother".

They should have had Kristen and Princess Gina fighting over John.

Dang, that cocktail shaker of doom.

• Love 8