Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, A.J. said:

Ben's redemption:  I've always liked Ben and hated what they did to his character.  He was a good guy raised by that evil and demented Clyde Weston.  He was already fragile and Abigail pushed him over the age.  I know Abigail gets a lot of hate.  And yes she gets away with a lot but I wish she'd admit and others would admit that her deception is partly to blame for what went wrong with Ben.  I love seeing him be committed to doing the right thing.  Taking a life is not easy to forgive but this is Salem we're talking about.  About half the cast has killed or tried to kill someone.  

Trip and the constant need to remove his shirt:  I'm not sure who thinks it is a good idea to keep flashing his bird chest across the screen.  I like Trip but really, really, really wish he'd keep his shirt on.  He looks like he could use a meal or two.  

i love ben too. i hate the fact that they made him a murderer. it's too bad because even though it's true most everyone in salem has killed someone! his was particularly vicious and i don't see how he can be redeemed.

as for tripp, i was coming here to say the same thing. i don't want to see his 12 year old looking body. keep the shirt on boy. and btw, you have no chemistry with the jr. princess/bitch , ms. ciara brady.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Hope it is not Tripp.  They do not have to turn him evil just to pimp Ciara and Ben.

I don't think it makes Tripp evil at all. I think if he did plant the evidence against Ben, it makes him an immature tool but IMO viewers understand why he would do it. This isn't like the show making Ben a killer to sell Chad & Abby's retconned love story and make Abby not look like the bad guy for unapologetically cheating on her fiance so that way she could have Chad's baby and no one would care that Thomas was conceived while Abby was engaged to Ben. I remember Steve didn't even blink when he found out. Anyway, I see viewers much more understanding if they get a motive for shady behavior instead inexplicable plot point fuckery. It's not strange for Tripp to pull something because he can see Ciara's drawn to Ben and he is threatened by that but I think it's a stretch to say it makes Tripp evil. Pathetic and desperate is how is I would describe his behavior if it was him. Also if him, then it was worth it since it got him in Ciara's bed and Ben out of the apartment. Obviously mileage varies. 

If it's Tripp, I expect folks to be angry about it - although who knows with the writing as some may give him a free pass for planting evidence - but I don't think he'll move even one wrung up the ladder of "evil." Heck, Brady did worse to Nicole and the only person who thinks poorly of him is Eric. Everyone else was seemed rather "really? well, ok whatever" about his actions. 

2 hours ago, rcc said:

WTH was Kate wearing today and her hair was a mess. I know she wears outlandish outfits on this show but today was bad.

I am really curious now to see what she looks like when I watch the ep tonight. She's been looking a mess for years, though.

• Love 8

Brady was actually funny today.  They should let EM deadpan more often, as it's a welcome change from his character's rage whining and verbal abusiveness.

Sami and Eric and Nicole were awesome, as usual.

Gabi putting the screws to Kate was also fun.  While I like Kate, having her being the victim of someone's else machinations instead of the instigator is a nice turn.

2 hours ago, rcc said:

WTH was Kate wearing today and her hair was a mess. I know she wears outlandish outfits on this show but today was bad.

It was hideous.  It she had worn the jacket with a plain shirt and black pants, it would have been fine.  But all that floral and ruffles was way too much, even for Kate.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

She was really giving me Kimberly Andrews vibes yesterday, peach, particularly the tossed-off bitchy line about the carbs.

YES! Ugh, I miss her. Maybe that's part of why I enjoying Gabi so much.

38 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Brady was actually funny today.  They should let EM deadpan more often, as it's a welcome change from his character's rage whining and verbal abusiveness.

Agreed.

33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I almost feel sorry for Abigail. Almost.

Right! I got close, but then I was like, you know what, nah.

• Love 8

I too almost felt a wee bit sorry for Abigail. But it is some overdue karma for her. She caused pain for her so called best friend - set her up for murder, triggered her getting beat up in jail for a crime she did not commit, and didn't come forward with her own guilt. And by her selfish actions, ensured that her BFF could not have any more children. And of course got knocked up in no time.

Eric, you take that tape and put it in to an envelope and you mail it to yourself back in Salem - pronto. Or simply shred or burn it.

Amazing how everyone has found the secret warehouse lair.

I didn't hate Kate's outfit. A darker blouse would have looked much better.

So, Samanther has found Elvis?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Hope it is not Tripp.  They do not have to turn him evil just to pimp Ciara and Ben.

I so agree. Kayla needs more to do than stomp around the hospital looking grim -- they should be seen at least worrying about Steve once in a while. 

21 hours ago, rcc said:

OMG, my eyes. I unabashedly love her style and have even said she's my fashion icon for women my age, but today was a big NO. And she bowed to Gabi without a whimper -- Kate, you disappoint me. I hope Chad finds out about her duplicity before the end of this. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm still Team Gabi.  I am disappointed that Gabi didn't get to team up with Sami and Kate to ruin Slappy's life.

Gabi's plan is sloppy. I think it would have been better if Gabi gaslighted Abby into thinking that her alters were back and this would push her into going back into Therapy.  Perhaps, her therapist is blackmailed by Gabi into recommending to Chad that Abby needs to be institutionalized for a period of time and that she is a danger to her son and unborn child.  Given what she did to Marlena, Gabi, Kate, Andre and Vivian. It would not be a stretch for people to believe that Abby is dangerous and mentally unstable. Meanwhile, Abby feels betrayed by Chad and starts to bond with Stefan. Gabi uses this to ingratiate herself with Chad and Thomas. They really start to bond as a family with Arianna and Wilson.  Gabi begins to have an attack of conscious. JJ begins to suspect Gabi and the unscrupulous Therapist begins to turn the tables on Gabi pushing her to go darker. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

So I watched both Thursday’s and Friday’s episode, and Gabi is losing it. You can’t trust Kate, and pushing her too far is going to bite her. This is actually pretty good as far as watching shit escalate. I just wish that this story’s airtime didn’t feel so damn sporadic. Gabi is going to deserve every bit of the censure she receives as the result of this scheme. 

Dear God, do we really need to go there with all the undead. It’s so ridiculous. I do like it that multiple members of the cast are involved, though. 

• Love 7

"I don't really do careful." I love Sami.

I was confused about Bonnie's hair, till I noticed she had it pulled back.

How fertile is Bonnie?  She only had three kids.

As creepy as Xander is, he's really funny.

Why waste all of that food, Roman?

Did we know that Sarah lives in Nashville? Nashville seems to have become the center of rebirth.  Will at first, and now all of the other dead people.

Why would it be so horrible if the baby was Philip's?

• Love 10
On 10/18/2018 at 1:53 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Totally agreed. I've suspected for a long time EM could be a pretty good comedian, I just wish they'd let him go there.

But all that floral and ruffles was way too much, even for Kate.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, rcc said:

Kate was wearing a clown outfit. Lol

I'm pretty sure there were clowns out there saying, "Whoa, tone it down!" Heck, I bet Hope's Crayola nightmare from a few weeks ago was thinking that, too. I think maybe she could've pulled off the florals against all odds (like Lauren Koslow tends to do) but the ruffles just put it over the edge for me.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

I almost feel sorry for Abigail. Almost.

Yup, me too. Almost. No wonder MM wanted out with this crap.

But on the plus side, being an evil mastermind clearly suits Gabi. Her hair looked beautiful despite being "attacked."

I know I'm repeating myself here, but why oh why did they waste someone as charming and talented as Paul Telfer on Xander? So frustrating. All the groundwork for a really dynamic anti-hero is right there, but instead of utilizing it they just make Xander a creepy rapey psycho. Argh. And while I'm repeating myself, Greg Vaughn is still really hot. Just saying. (I swear I'm not actually as shallow as my posts here might indicate, but if the writing can't hold my attention, something has to, right?)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would it be so horrible if the baby was Philip's?

I don't know the characters' history like some of you do so I can't speak for that... But since JP Lavosier was last seen playing Phillip, the idea of JPL and FF onscreen together again makes my brain want to eat itself to escape the sheer horror of it.

It's possible I still have some lingering PTSD (post-traumatic suck disorder) from their show-eating run together on One Live to Live.

• Love 7

Gabi"s story was a little much. The spitting in the face is what got Chad doubting her story.  GabbY did hit a lot of people over the head so that part was believable.  

It was interesting that Sami first thought was that Brady was working with Kristin.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So the signs on the doors at the end of today's episode:

ED - Elvis DiMera

AD - Andre DiMera?

VA - Vivian Alamein?

WR - Wilhelm Rolf?

AV - Ava Vitali?

I was thinking WR was Will Roberts.  I had no idea who AV could be.  Agree on ED and VA.  And if AD is Anthony DiMera, I will forgive all the stupid in this story.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mary2013 said:

I was thinking WR was Will Roberts.  I had no idea who AV could be.  Agree on ED and VA.  And if AD is Anthony DiMera, I will forgive all the stupid in this story.

Lucas changed Will's last name to Horton when he got fed up with Kate's manipulations back in 2007.

• Love 5

Chloe's hair and dress looked amazing today ? It was kinda mean to switch from scenes of her looking sleek, gorgeous and curvy to Mimi's the beanpole in drab cheap clothes, blah hair, and severe face. 

That was a weird ending with Nicole spinning around with the images of the door nameplates dancing around her head. It reminded me of Jem's music videos jem-holograms-misfits.gif

Eric and Brady are still looking mighty fine. It's a shame they are wasting Xander but I think this is a common Days theme where they get a great or charming actor and paint him into a corner. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed today's episode!  The end was really good, with Nicole desperate to find Eric and wondering what was going on with all the initials.

Is there anyone else A.V. could be besides Ava Vitali?  Did she have a connection to the Dimeras that I'm not remembering?  Why would anyone in that family want to revive her?  And why would the show even want to bring her back?  To redeem killer Joey and bring him back so Kayla has one of her children on screen?

ETA:  Just wanted to add to Maelstrom's frustration about Xander.  It's a damn shame that the writers made him a misogynist.  The character had such potential, and Paul Telfer is indeed so charming and talented.  He posted on Twitter that the selfie picture of Xander and Nicole that Eric found on X's desk was one of the funniest things he's been involved with.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I enjoyed today's episode!  The end was really good, with Nicole desperate to find Eric and wondering what was going on with all the initials.

Is there anyone else A.V. could be besides Ava Vitali?  Did she have a connection to the Dimeras that I'm not remembering?  Why would anyone in that family want to revive her?  And why would the show even want to bring her back?  To redeem killer Joey and bring him back so Kayla has one of her children on screen?

ETA:  Just wanted to add to Maelstrom's frustration about Xander.  It's a damn shame that the writers made him a misogynist.  The character had such potential, and Paul Telfer is indeed so charming and talented.  He posted on Twitter that the selfie picture of Xander and Nicole that Eric found on X's desk was one of the funniest things he's been involved with.

He was also praising Gabi for hitting herself in the face with the tray and committing to the con.

• Love 6

Petunia13, I think that gif is actually of Jem’s rivals The Misfits, not Jem’s band The Holograms. Sadly, I didn’t even have to Google that. (What can I say, I watched it when I was a kid and the characters had magic earrings! What kid wouldn’t want magic earrings? Hell, thirty years later and I’d still love to have magic earrings!)

Anyway, now I can’t wait to see today’s ep.

• Love 6

Xander, you have so much potential to be a character to watch on this show, but such a useless villain instead.

Chloe looked fabulous. Mimi, er, not so much. Belle was just okay. I too thought it was first Adrienne who walked in to the pub - til the ponytail was revealed.

Rex, it's been a long time - hello old Brady.

Mimi, you should speak up about your mother's lying. Can't imagine she'd end up doing much if any jail time - mother's threat or not.

Nicole, you should have just stayed home. Interesting for her to see all the initials on the door. I hope that AV is not Ava Vittali.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Petunia13, I think that gif is actually of Jem’s rivals The Misfits, not Jem’s band The Holograms. Sadly, I didn’t even have to Google that. (What can I say, I watched it when I was a kid and the characters had magic earrings! What kid wouldn’t want magic earrings? Hell, thirty years later and I’d still love to have magic earrings!)

If that's sad I'll have to be sad right along with you. I wanted those magic earrings so bad when I watched the show back then and still do too.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

He was also praising Gabi for hitting herself in the face with the tray and committing to the con.

I remember when Sami asked Lucas to beat her up so she could file assault and battery charges against Carrie.  When Lucas wouldn't do it, Sami beat herself up much to Lucas' horror and amazement.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Anyway, now I can’t wait to see today’s ep.

I meant Jem the show itself, not one band in particular. The Misfits actually had even more goofy fantasy animation in their videos like Taking It All and Outta my Way. 

How wretched were those windowless, empty and light free rooms they keep the reanimated people in? I guess they think they can just say "well at least you aren't worm food anymore?" 

Sami reminds me of a pull a string doll that repeats phrases about EJ. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm pretty sure there were clowns out there saying, "Whoa, tone it down!" Heck, I bet Hope's Crayola nightmare from a few weeks ago was thinking that, too. I think maybe she could've pulled off the florals against all odds (like Lauren Koslow tends to do) but the ruffles just put it over the edge for me.

Yup, me too. Almost. No wonder MM wanted out with this crap.

LOL, right? She so rarely misses in my (maybe weird) book. I like her hair better darker, too. For years I wanted to add that blue streak to my hair, but my daughter actually told my hair stylist that he'd have to answer to her if he let me. Maybe I'm a little too taken with Kate, I don't know : )

I wonder if this story was just too exasperating for both MM and Flynn.  It's entertaining -- mainly due to Camila Banus' tearing it up -- but, eh, enough with drugging and dragging a pregnant lady around, please. Gabi's gone over the line quite a few times by now, but it feels like a big crescendo can't be far away, so phew. 

The last scenes with the initialed rooms kaleidoscope was very cool. I can't help worrying about that baby in such a dangerous place. I do love the rampup to sweeps month! 

• Love 5

I am unabashedly an Ericole fan.  But Nicole honey, that is NO PLACE for a baby.  I know, 'no choice'.  But seriously... *shakes head*... you've enter the DOOL version of the Night of the Living Dead.  GET OUT. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I wonder if this story was just too exasperating for both MM and Flynn.  It's entertaining -- mainly due to Camila Banus' tearing it up -- but, eh, enough with drugging and dragging a pregnant lady around, please. Gabi's gone over the line quite a few times by now, but it feels like a big crescendo can't be far away, so phew. 

I’ve wondered about this myself. I guarantee that they both thought it was stupid. It’s just so poorly written as far as Gabi’s ability to tote a passed out Abby’s pregnant tail all around Salem. I get the feeling MM has been uncomfortable from the jump of the DID story. She went out of her way in an interview to try and explain how she approached her take on basing the Gabby character on Camilla’s Gabi. She didn’t want to offend her in any way. Then you get into her portraying Abby as scared out her mind and trying to physically get away from Stephan to 10 seconds later getting it on with him as Gabby. 

Then, it’s hard to wrap your head around Chad’s whole “So what if you did a bunch of heinous shit as Gabby, Abby, it wasn’t you! Nonconsensual sex with my brother? Well, I don’t like it, but, again, not you. We’ll deal. What’s that? Your pregnant from it? This changes everything! Now, I’ll bail on the one thing I should stand by you on.” 

I bet Camilla’s enjoying a change of pace for her character, though. At least she’s driving the action and getting to play something other than Gabi loser in love. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Rowan said:

I’ve wondered about this myself. I guarantee that they both thought it was stupid. It’s just so poorly written as far as Gabi’s ability to tote a passed out Abby’s pregnant tail all around Salem. I get the feeling MM has been uncomfortable from the jump of the DID story. She went out of her way in an interview to try and explain how she approached her take on basing the Gabby character on Camilla’s Gabi. She didn’t want to offend her in any way. Then you get into her portraying Abby as scared out her mind and trying to physically get away from Stephan to 10 seconds later getting it on with him as Gabby. 

Then, it’s hard to wrap your head around Chad’s whole “So what if you did a bunch of heinous shit as Gabby, Abby, it wasn’t you! Nonconsensual sex with my brother? Well, I don’t like it, but, again, not you. We’ll deal. What’s that? Your pregnant from it? This changes everything! Now, I’ll bail on the one thing I should stand by you on.” 

I bet Camilla’s enjoying a change of pace for her character, though. At least she’s driving the action and getting to play something other than Gabi loser in love. 

Couldn't have said it better myself, @Rowan

• Love 3
On 10/18/2018 at 8:49 PM, bobcat1946 said:

How quick people have forgotten what the evil Abigail did to Gabi.  Now Gabi is evil and evil Abigail is a saint.

Except that Abigail was suffering from a mental disorder. Not saying that makes it ok, but Abigail in her right mind was appalled at what her alters had done. Even though Gabi has done her share of terrible things in the past and was given other chances, what she is doing now is purely evil and vengeful, against someone who suffers from mental illness. No sympathy from me. She is never held accountable for her own actions - everything is always someone else's fault.   I hate this story line. The way the show is run now,  it's one week of the stupid story lines/one week of the suspenseful.  I get caught up in those suspenseful ones,  then when they flip back,  I'm "Dang! I was hoping they dropped those."

Ciara and Tripp's sexathon was a giant snooze-fest. I don't see any chemistry - their scenes always seem forced - and I find food fights offensive, not sexy nor entertaining.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:
1 hour ago, salvame said:

Except that Abigail was suffering from a mental disorder.

So was Ben, but he doesn't get any breaks.

And they can always turn around and say that Gabi is suffering PTSD after all she suffered at the hands of Abigail's split personalities.

• Love 14

Nadia looks like someone with the short hair but I can’t put my finger on it. She looks amazing. I sorta knew Rex from before but I had no idea Roman was his father? Who’s the mother? Xander has an impressive rack. LOL!!!! I thought TC looked good, too. With Days taping schedule I don’t know when the current people are leaving and the new people are arriving. Can they please go to a monthly schedule like everyone else? It would make my life easier. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Nadia looks like someone with the short hair but I can’t put my finger on it. She looks amazing. I sorta knew Rex from before but I had no idea Roman was his father? Who’s the mother? Xander has an impressive rack. LOL!!!! I thought TC looked good, too. With Days taping schedule I don’t know when the current people are leaving and the new people are arriving. Can they please go to a monthly schedule like everyone else? It would make my life easier. LOL!!!!

Rex and Cassie are Kate and Roman's twins.  Stefano stole Kate's eggs, Roman's sperm and used Marlena as the surrogate to birth them.  They were raised in a facility for most of their lives.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Rex and Cassie are Kate and Roman's twins.  Stefano stole Kate's eggs, Roman's sperm and used Marlena as the surrogate to birth them.  They were raised in a facility for most of their lives.

I never understood that stupid story. I know that Dena wrote it, but, still.   Wouldn't it have been better for Stefano to impregnate Marlena with Roman's sperm, keep that child and raise him or her as a Dimera who hates the Brady family as the ultimate revenge on them.  Stefano, for all of his flaws would never have violated Marlena's body by forcing her to become a vessel for Roman and Kate's children.   Not to mention, who would want a comatose woman on the verge of dying to carry a baby.   It would be better to use a healthy woman, to ensure the viability of that fetus.    Plus, we all know that Marlena was pregnant when she disappeared in 1986.  Rex should have been that baby, in my opinion. Just like EJ should have been Tony and Anna's child. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I guess Rex will be Kate's #1 son in place of Lucas. BTW! I am amazed that Josh Taylor has been playing Roman since 1997. He's awful. That said, he was awesome as Chris Kositchek in the 80's. He wore the tightest jeans in daytime. LOL!!!

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Wrong.  Dena wrote the retcon.  Cwikly and Brash wrote the original story, which was Rex and Cassie being Tony and Marlena's biological children.  Due to the backlash, Dena we wrote the story to say that they are Roman and Kate's children instead.

They should have kept the twins as Dimeras. If they wanted to switch their mother due to backlash, they could have continue with Kate or better yet Anna.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

Wrong.  Dena wrote the retcon.  Cwikly and Brash wrote the original story, which was Rex and Cassie being Tony and Marlena's biological children.  Due to the backlash, Dena we wrote the story to say that they are Roman and Kate's children instead.

Yes, Cwikly and Brash wrote the original alien story with the twins, but, I remember it was Dena who wanted Tony and Marlena to fall in love and for the twins to have been their kids.  It is why the fans joked on other boards that Dena finally got her Tony/Marlena pairing via Andre and Hattie having had a past together.  The backlash was primarily against the Tony/Marlena pairing that Dena was pimping. Deidre Hall was also against the pairing. That along with the shitty writing eventually led to Dena getting fired the first time.  She got rehired twice after that and got fired again and again.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I guess Rex will be Kate's #1 son in place of Lucas. BTW! I am amazed that Josh Taylor has been playing Roman since 1997. He's awful. That said, he was awesome as Chris Kositchek in the 80's. He wore the tightest jeans in daytime. LOL!!!

Actually Rex and Kate had a very close mother and son relationship. It was one of the things I loved about Rex's character. He was so enthralled and proud to have Kate as him mom. 

Watching he and Kate develop a relationship was a real highlight. I think a lot of it had to do with Rex being Cassie's twin, since Cassie was/is a Kate mini me. Red had a great appreciation that Kate was a headstrong woman.  

• Love 3