Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

What was the photo Jennifer was looking at?

Why is Grandma Laura in India?

It's funny how they always have babies making hyperventilating noises.

"Don't worry, Baby Bonnie, you are too cute for that name."

I wonder if Gabi's gaslighting of Abigail will actually trigger her DID again.

Thanks, Roman, for reminding Kate who your children together are.  :D

That was a weird robotic turn Mimi made.

Nice Friday cliffhanger.

• Love 7

I know I could Google, but how did Roman and Kate end up being parents together?

I haven't seen Mimi since the Last Blast era,  She looks so different.  She wasn't always that thin, right.

Nicole's been gone long enough that I was pleased to see her.  I really, really, really hope neither of them mention Holly's father's name.

So, Marlena just came out of a coma, and Abigail wants a counselling session with her?  

• Love 8

Abigail is just staying true to form: it's all about her.

Roman and Kate's kids are Rex and Cassie, but I don't know the history of how they came to be or who raised them.  Looking forward to one of our DOOL historians answering that one!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Rex and Cassie were carried to term by Marlena during her time in Stefano's captivity.  Until the truth came out, they were presumed to be her children with Tony (whether his or Andre's, who was pretending to be him at the time, I don't know).

We thought Tony but years later it was revealed that Andre was in Salem all that time while Tony was marooned on an island for 2 decades.

It made no sense for Stefano to want to produce more babies that didn't have any Dimera blood. 

I would have kept the twins Dimera even if Tony wasn't biologically Stefano's. Mom should have been Anna or creepily Renee.

• Love 5

Rex and Cassie should have been Orpheus' children out for revenge.  They would be connected to Jarlena's and Roman's history, but, not be related to anybody for romantic entanglements. Lucas had great chemistry with Cassie, much more than Sami, in my opinion.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Abigail is just staying true to form: it's all about her.

As far as Abby knows, Marlena just woke up from being in a coma, after she was shot in the chest, and Abs still thinks she can go to the poor woman and get her head shrunk?  Seriously?  Marlena is still in her hospital bed, she won't be sitting at her desk in her office anytime soon, you self-involved twit!  And I loved Abby's flouncing around in anger at anyone daring to question her mental health--like it wasn't a couple of months ago that she had two alters who were committing all types of crimes.  Could Abby be any more entitled?  I hope Gabi destroys her and laughs while doing it.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Nicole looks pretty.  I like that lighter shade of blonde on her.

Nicole is one of my favorites but when she opened that door she looked like she has been living a hard life.  I was thrown a bit.  Nevertheless, I can't wait to see her and Eric together again.  

• Love 8

I would rather see Sami, Kate, and Nicole scheming with Gabi.  Instead the storyline will probably be two seconds of Nicole with Eric followed by Brady raging about how everything is all Nicole or Theresa's fault or Eve's fault or - well you get the idea.

• Love 6

I have watched soaps for decades, and one of the reasons I often just give up on them is because sometimes I just can't stand to watch the same bs recycled over and over again. 

I would have loved a somewhat messy, emotional showdown between Paul, Will, and Sonny. I would have liked to see some good acting driven by drama and human emotions that made sense and fit the scenario. 

I did not need anyone painted as the obvious "bad guy" in all of this, but for all three men to be human beings, flawed and faulty and capable of selfishness and being self serving, not just stoic robots or a lying guilt hoarder. 

I'm with you - this show regularly wastes opportunities to play simple beats that show human emotions, the stuff that makes the medium so unique and long-term storytelling so worthwhile.

Why isn't Will stunned to remember how much he hated Paul? Or maybe even hurt to know Sonny moved on with Paul - the One Who Got Away - so quickly after his "death"? Why isn't Paul asking himself why he keeps setting himself up to be tossed aside by the men in his life?

Considering all three players here have bed each other and pledged their love for each other, this could have been a really groundbreaking climax, with dialogue soaps have never used before, sussing out Will, Paul and Sonny's complicated emotional baggage from the last four years of storytelling. Instead they're wussing out with this "he's crippled now" ending, complete with cookie cutter dialogue. Rinse and repeat.

Didn't that also happen to either Luke or Noah by the end of their romance on that other soap..? I think I saw one of them in a wheelchair on YT.

Whatever. I eagerly await Will's next relationship with a new man.

Now, what's up with FF's face? She looked too thin and almost grey in complexion...

When Stefano kidnapped Roman all those years ago, he somehow managed to procure some sperm from him.

....somehow indeed.

*raises eyebrows*

Nicole is one of my favorites but when she opened that door she looked like she has been living a hard life.  I was thrown a bit.  Nevertheless, I can't wait to see her and Eric together again. 

I just hope she doesn't frown and cry her entire stint. AZ is so pretty when she smiles and laughs.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8

I was taken aback my Ari’s look once the door opened. The hair style was a little severe for her. IMO!! Everyone is allowed to their hair anyway they want but the cut and style wasn’t for me. I like Ari and Nicole. They’ve been through heck and back and I’m curious how this plays out. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Don't forget that Rex and Cassie were thought to be aliens at first.

And I think half the current characters are space aliens now.

That at least would explain Abigail, though I don't think there's a planet out there we could blame StefanO! on.....

• Love 11
On 10/3/2018 at 9:59 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

That Pirates of Penzance dress someone put CB into was hideous and almost as fugly as some of the things Jennifer used to wear

I’ve been thinking of it as a misguided Strawberry Shortcake cosplay that went horribly wrong, but totally agree that it’s hideous and fugly as hell.

Loved the scenes between John and Sami at the station when he came about Marlena. Their shared joy was really nice to see after so many years of them being at odds.

Wow, FF’s face has had some, um, adjustments. She’s looking like Lisa Rinna. Yikes.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Wow, FF’s face has had some, um, adjustments. She’s looking like Lisa Rinna. Yikes.

She is too young for that foolishness.  She looked fine before.  Why do these women do that to themselves?  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is too young for that foolishness.  She looked fine before.  Why do these women do that to themselves?  

Thank you.  When they kept showing the previews of "Mimi's return" I kept saying to myself "I could of sworn they were getting Farrah Fath back as Mimi, I guess they had to replace her with another actress."  It took me a few moments to realize that was Farrah. 

Jeez, not that she looks terrible but my god she looks like a completely different woman.  All the definition and character is completely gone from her face. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, tribeca said:

I can’t believe Abigail wanted to talk to Marlena.

This was the epitome of self-centered delusion. As far as Abigail knows, Marlena just woke up from a coma after being shot at her own wedding. Maybe now is not the best time to go crying to her about your own problems.

Does the weird baby breathing audio they pipe into any scene with an infant drive anyone else batty?

• Love 13

Bonnie (to Gigi Mimi): You of all people should know we only have "One Life to Live".

I both loved and hated that, I have D.I.D. about that anvil of a wink.

What I loved unreservedly?  Sheila's TLC4EVA license plate!

• Love 12

TLC4EVA.  LOL.

Is Nicole also being held as a sex slave? Remember, Xander has the recording of Nicole's confession.

Wow, Bonnie, throw the Mimi killed her dad card.

'Don't you dare spell that." Oh, come on, stop with the One Life to Live, Days of Our Lives stuff.

Uh, Lucas didn't start drinking when he lost Will, he started drinking when "Adrienne" dumped him.

• Love 4

Mimi moved to a little town in PA (I guess another reference to OLTL)?  Does that take Rex out of the running as the father of her baby since Rex has been in Chicago since he left?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, drtslim said:

Mimi moved to a little town in PA (I guess another reference to OLTL)?  Does that take Rex out of the running as the father of her baby since Rex has been in Chicago since he left?

That has been Rex's story as far as we have been told, but he hasn't been mentioned in a while so him moving or spending a weekend with Mimi isn't out of the question.

It's either Rex, Phillip, or Austin as the father considering the genetic make up.  Unless Will slept with Mimi while an amnesiac it wasn't him.  I don't think Bill left Laura in India for a weekend trip to seduce Mimi.  So it looks like Rex and Phillip are the only viable choices.  My money is on Rex.

Since Bonnie and now Mimi are back, can we please get Patrick back on the canvas.  He is the one person who could get me to like Hope again.  Also Ciara needs her "real" father on screen.  With all the EJ talk I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a chance to see Patrick again.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3

That has been Rex's story as far as we have been told, but he hasn't been mentioned in a while so him moving or spending a weekend with Mimi isn't out of the question.

It's either Rex, Phillip, or Austin as the father considering the genetic make up.  Unless Will slept with Mimi while an amnesiac it wasn't him.  I don't think Bill left Laura in India for a weekend trip to seduce Mimi.  So it looks like Rex and Phillip are the only viable choices.  My money is on Rex.

Since Bonnie and now Mimi are back, can we please get Patrick back on the canvas.  He is the one person who could get me to like Hope again.  Also Ciara needs her "real" father on screen.  With all the EJ talk I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a chance to see Patrick again.

Your line of thinking makes sense.  I guess people are able to travel and engage in soapy behavior off-screen.  Plus, I do think that Rex is the most likely candidate, 

Spoiler

especially with him coming back on canvas later this week.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't think we'll ever get Patrick back so long as Missy Reeves is on the show.

That's Peter, not Patrick. And we could still get the character back but with someone other than Jason Brooks in the role. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't think we'll ever get Patrick back so long as Missy Reeves is on the show.

You're thinking of Peter Blake, Kristen's brother.  I'm referring to Patrick Lockhart, Hope's ex, Bonnie's son.  Ciara's "real" father.

• Love 5

Nicole and Eric. Squee! So cheesy good, y’all! Her “I love you” was so good.

They both looked a little haggard, but then that’s how it goes when your true love is torn from you because you betrayed your evil douchebag of a brother/ fiancé and he has dirt that could send one of you to prison 4-eva. 

I don’t know how all this will end, but I’m so glad that their characters got the chance to clear that business up. 

Also, he didn’t come right out and say it,  but, damn, Jennifer was just a warm body to Eric. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Patrick back for a SL that reveals he is Ciara's biological father could be interesting, except that Patrick will get thrown under the bus for Rafe and Hope over and over and over again.

That story would really piss off the Bope fans.  It would make no sense to do that type of story now, Bo is dead.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That story would really piss off the Bope fans.  It would make no sense to do that type of story now, Bo is dead.  

Wasn't Ciara conceived after Hope and Bo were mourning Zach's death?

• Love 3

How convenient that there is a job at the Mayor's office for Sheila to apply. Hope she gets it.

Good to see Nicole and Eric together to finish their business. Both look a little life-weary. Surprised that Xander is with her. Guess Eric didn't look at her hand to see what looked like a wedding ring. Nicole's hair is too short and unflatteringly styled.

Mimi looks similar to what she looked like the last time I saw her. Didn't really notice any extensive work, but I wasn't her fan, so..... of course, the baby is not Bonnie's. Lucas will need a real DNA test to prove paternity and no, it is not a good way to get out of jail. I didn't catch the One Life to Live stuff since I don't watch it. I don't even know if it is still on. Did like the TLC4EVA license plate mention.

No one bothered to look at the camera footage from Horton Square the night that Marlena was shot? Oh, yeah, Salem PD strikes again.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Wasn't Ciara conceived after Hope and Bo were mourning Zach's death?

Yes, but, Hope and Patrick slept with each other during the time that Bope was estranged due to Bo covering up Chelsea having killed Zack.  I hated that JER killed off Zack. 

The show retconned that Bope had slept together and made Ciara. In hindsight, it was a good idea. At the time, I wanted Patrick to be Ciara's dad. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one bothered to look at the camera footage from Horton Square the night that Marlena was shot? Oh, yeah, Salem PD strikes again.

They didn't wanted to test to see if Sami was drugged, run ballistics tests, or bother looking for footage of the incident. And they surely most have ignored any witness statements that said Eric rushed Sami as she held the gun and then it apparently went off.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They didn't wanted to test to see if Sami was drugged, run ballistics tests, or bother looking for footage of the incident. And they surely most have ignored any witness statements that said Eric rushed Sami as she held the gun and then it apparently went off.

Well yeah.  The Salem PD can't allow actual facts to get in the way of an investigation.

• Love 11

John, Marlena and Sami were my favorite part of today's show, followed by Lucas, Chloe and Baby Bonnie.  Poor Lucas.  He's already so attached to this baby and looking forward to being a father to an infant again.  Chloe is obviously still suspicious of this whole thing.

Eric and Nicole were of course great.  Seeing Paul Telfer again just reminds me of how different things could have been if TIIC had not made Xander a psycho woman-hater. 

AZ seems to go out of her way to have unflattering hairdos.  I've been watching this show off and on for about six years and most of that time Nicole has had a terrible hair cut.  The same is true for Farah Fath.  Part of the reason I was curious to see her again was to find out if, after all these years, she finally found a decent hair stylist.  Nope.  It's still terrible and made worse by the unnaturally plump upper lip.  I'll never understand why people mess with themselves this way.  Do they not have friends and family to tell them they are beautiful just the way they are?

ETA:  Forgot to mention how fun Sheila was today!  She brings some life to both Abe and Eli.  Also, it's nice to have a character that actually has worries about money.  Like Sheila, it'd be tough for me to come up with $250 like that to pay for a parking ticket, no doubt with exorbitant daily impound lot fees on top of it.  There are a couple of small municipalities around here that prey upon low-income people in just this way.  It's infuriating.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 10
On 10/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, Apprentice79 said:

she looks terrible. nothing like she did. it has been years but. yikes. her lips look funny, she is way too thin. and all i can think about is her and the then boe hooking up when she was underage. blech. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that there is a job at the Mayor's office for Sheila to apply. Hope she gets it.

Good to see Nicole and Eric together to finish their business. Both look a little life-weary. Surprised that Xander is with her. Guess Eric didn't look at her hand to see what looked like a wedding ring. Nicole's hair is too short and unflatteringly styled.

Mimi looks similar to what she looked like the last time I saw her. Didn't really notice any extensive work, but I wasn't her fan, so..... of course, the baby is not Bonnie's. Lucas will need a real DNA test to prove paternity and no, it is not a good way to get out of jail. I didn't catch the One Life to Live stuff since I don't watch it. I don't even know if it is still on. Did like the TLC4EVA license plate mention.

how unrealistic about that job though. . sorry but you have to have actual experience to document, and it's probably a civil service job and most likely has a test and a list. of course, she will get it because this is a soap.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Eric and Nicole were of course great. 

Always, they never disappoint.  I know it won't last but I wish they could be a Salem super couple for a while.  

Seeing Paul Telfer again just reminds me of how different things could have been if TIIC had not made Xander a psycho woman-hater. 

Tell me about it.  He is so sexy and just so great to watch on the screen.  I wish he had turned out to be some type of anti-hero.  Xander has almost no redeeming qualities.  I hate seeing him play this douche roll time and time again.  

• Love 12

If Xander had smirked after Nicole threatened him, that would have nicely tied together the earlier scene in which Sami talked about Eric calling Xander demented and a sadist.  

Years ago, Father Eric bored me to tears but Greg Vaughan impresses me at times when he gets to work with anger, rage and sadness.  

It's so hard to buy into Kristen's great love for Brady.  Are we supposed to watching those scenes with a chuckle?  

I like Nicole's hair.  

• Love 8

Is there any chance Sami would team up with Nicole to get rid of Xander because Sami loves Eric even though she despises Nicole and doesn't want Eric and Nicole together?  Any way we can work Kate or Gabi into this SL, or Theresa could pay a visit?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

Valerie is so sweet and intelligent.   Hated the tone and the way Abe talked to her today.  

Abe's tone annoyed me. He acts like Lani is a saint beyond reproach. It is too bad the show chickened out on making Lani a villainess obsessed with Sean-Douglas, determined to take on Belle as her rival for his affections.

Vanessa Williams is gorgeous and her natural hair adds to her beauty. She is a great actress as well and the show is not using her talents to the fullest.

• Love 15

Abe, you barely know Lani. She is not some saint - a very flawed young woman who had no problem keeping her baby's paternity with someone who wasn't the father. Valerie, Abe is showing you who he is. Maybe it's time to rethink your relationship with him. He flies off the handle with Sheila - there is no evidence she wanted to steal his credit card, and she made a parking mistake. And yeah, Lani, you be jealous of Eli helping out a friend in not wanting her to sleep in her car.

Brady seemed to have no problem getting Kristen in to bed. Salem Gigolo, of sorts.

Nicole, you didn't have to marry Xander. Geez, make a decent life decision. Maybe Eric can find a way to kick Xander the Greek out once and for all.

Sami, do you seriously expect to find EJ? Your father is well-connected with the ISA and probably Interpol and MI6 or whatever. There is some rat besides Kristen who can point you in his direction.

• Love 8