Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Bring back Bonnie Lockhart.  I can totally see that scene being played differently if Judi Evans was playing Bonnie.  Bonnie would show up at the Dimera mansion unannounced just to offer her support to Sami and let her know if she needed an extra hand she was available.

Ironically if Bonnie and Patrick were still around, EJ would of probably cheated with Patrick.  EJ and Patrick always did have that weird sexual chemistry with one another. Not even taking into account that weird S&M thing EJ had for Patrick.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2

Oh yeah, I looked up Justin's history on one of those sites. Apparently he tried to kill Emilio Ramirez, who had an affair with Adrienne, but wound up paralyzing himself instead. Had no idea Justin was that dumb at one time....we all think of him as a brainiac now compared to all of the other males on Days.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I kept clicking and clicking my remote today because I thought that somehow my DVR had recorded one of the Smurf movies, and then I realized that I was just seeing Ollie and Abigail in the park.  I SWEAR that at first she really looked like Smurfette.  Of course, if I'd been listening, I'd have known immediately that it was Abigail.  Smurfette is so much smarter - not to mention, much more human-looking in appearance.  Thank God that Ollie had at least one job suggestion that wasn't beneath Abigail.  Actual working with her hands seems to eek her out, but if she gets another PR job then she can continue to not go to work, AND run her mouth continually.  And there Abigail was, too, telling Adrienne why she was guilty and should be punished, knowing full well that Aunt YooHoo would pat her on the head and tell her what a saint she was and not to worry, her Horton Hoohah was still golden no matter who had dropped in recently.  Abigail is about as sorry for what she did as Adrienne is capable of reading an eye chart.

Then it looked like a preview to a new Hobbit movie until I realized I was listening to Adrienne.  I have to sort of reluctantly admire her.  No matter how many facts stare her in the face, no matter how many small words are used, no matter even if she's shown pictures so she doesn't have to figure out the big words, Adrienne will STILL manage to get it wrong.  Once an idea burrows its way into that blockhead of hers absolutely NOTHING will get it out.   Can't really blame her, though - any thought she does have in that brain has an incredibly small fit - no room to turn around, even.  

Sami laid it all out for her, step by easy step, and at the end of it all, Adrienne was staring at her like J. Wellington Wimpy, ready to say "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".  The lights may be on ( although verrrrrrrrry dimly) but there is definitely nobody home. 

I have to wonder how Victor manages to live with her without killing her outright.  At the very least, how much you wanna bet Victor plays practical jokes on Adrienne all the time?  He must be hiding whoopie cushions all over the living room, putting saran wrap on her toilet seat, and playing "Pull my finger" with her constantly.  I don't think Justin is actually ever out of town.  He just goes into the next room and WHOOPS! - Adrienne can't find him!

But she did know enough to dial Will and tell him what a bad woman his mommy is.  And of course that misshapen weasel with a brain full of rocks immediately used Adrienne's complaint as justification to write the article slamming his mother.   I do have to wonder how this little ferret can justify what he's doing to his mother, and Kate, and even EJ, with all those three have done for him these past few years.  He'd be in jail, and he'd definitely not have either Ari or Sonny in his life without them.  

I hope he's going to enjoy spending Thanksgiving with Marlena and her plastic food cuz he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the rest of his family after this comes out.  

Victor was great with Sonny today.  As has already been pointed out, his line "Did you adopt this guy or marry him" line was pretty much perfect.  And it was nice to hear him say that he wouldn't interfere with what Will was doing, and that Sonny would be best off minding his won business.  

I'm hoping that this summer daydream Sami is having about Rafe is just some sort of brain fart brought on by having to talk to so many nutjobs in the past few days.  I can't see it as anything else.  Sami has shown no interest in Rafe in quite some time.  But, Sami also doesn't like to think any guy can ever really move on without her, either.  Her taunting of Kate about the whole thing seemed more like that to me than anything really about Rafe.  But then we did see her primp for him when he showed up, so I don't know.....

Oh - I sure hope that Tammy Sue gets some Gas-X soon, don't you?  Those faces she keeps making must mean too many beans in her lunch.

And I almost forgot - if we only could forget - that Eric and his Conscience made an appearance today.  Since Eric seems to think that God talks to him like a GPS system, then he should consider that God seems to be telling him that is HIS WILL that Eric bone Nicole.  It's seems to be what God wants.  

And was that Topo Gigio who knocked at Eric's door and told him the hearing was starting?  Whoever it was DEFINITELY looked like a hand puppet.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

The conversation between Sami and Kate about Rafe was rather weird, but Kate did also call Sami "the most delusional woman" ever or something to that effect, so it wasn't like Sami was allowed to revel in her feeling good about what she was saying the way everyone might let somebody else do (i.e for example, Jennifer or Abigail). Kate did cut Sami back down to size, and brought reality back to the situation. It's not like Kate simply called Sami delusional - I think she called her the most delusional of the lot.

Of course, I have no idea why Kate revelling in the delusion of thinking Rafe wouldn't want to chase after Jordan though. Why is Kate assuming Rafe will give up just because Jordan is mad at him or might possibly dump him? When has that ever stopped anybody from chasing somebody on this show?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
Now she got Adrienne to STFU and loved when she said that all Adrienne does is say things that people don't want to hear.

When Sami said that to Adrienne, I seriously wondered whether one of the writers reads this board. Because I could swear a poster said something like that a while back...

Adrienne is a character who automatically gets a huge, huge amount of tolerance from me because Judi Evans was one-half of my favorite soap couple of all time, Jake and Paulina on Another World, and so it's nearly impossible for me to hate any character she plays...but Adrienne managed it today. When she left the manse, she was skating on thin ice for me, but at least the ice existed. Then she made that ridiculous call to Will. Sit the fuck down, Adrienne. That said, the scene between her and Sami, the sit-down, was just so well-acted by JE and AS that it was a real pleasure for me to watch. Also, as much as I evil-giggled when Sami pulled her stunt, I do think that she miscalculated, if her purpose was to get Adrienne to empathize with her. I don't just mean the alienation factor that happened, I mean that it actually wasn't even necessary, because when Sami finished telling Adrienne about supporting Abby through the pregnancy, I really felt like that did strike a real chord in Adrienne. She did not look like someone who was still planning on lecturing Sami about her conduct or defending Abby. But Sami's her own worst enemy.

Kami having breakfast together was awesome - we need a lot more of these Kami-living-together scenes. I could watch entire episodes of nothing but. If only they weren't so stupidly caught up with Rafe! I agree Sami doesn't truly want Rafe back, although I think she'd bang him in an instant just so she could toss it in EJ's face afterwards, but thinking that he wants to be with her was straight-up delusional. Kate has the same delusion of Rafe wanting to be with her, unfortunately. I guess Sami's slightly ahead of her - but only slightly - in the delusion department because at least she doesn't really want Rafe back, while Kate does for some bizarre reason. (Also because I figure tomorrow will be the end of Sami's thoughts in that direction, while Kate unfortunately looks to be stuck in this stupid story with Rafe and Jammy and Bollie for the foreseeable future.) The Rafe is harshing my Kami buzz! Their awesomeness takes a huge dive whenever Rafe enters the picture.

Kami FTW: Just look at their outfits once Kate got dressed, how they sort of coordinated, Sami rocking black with white trim while Kate is in white with black trim. They need to get some martinis and stroll through Horton Square arm-in-arm just like that.

Meanwhile, Will's shirt was so awful that I couldn't pay attention to half of what he said. Which is a good thing.

• Love 5

Another TWOP refugee straggler here.  I lost the link to this place and had to search all of the soap boards until I found it.  It was a scary – and boring – ride. 

Haven’t watched today’s show yet, but someone needs to sit Abscess down and school her on the “art” of an affair.  First of all, she’s still such an immature twit, she really has no business playing at a woman’s game.  She has tried twice and has gotten her ass handed to her.

Secondly, she needs to learn that just because she and EJ both prefer Bazooka Joe to Bubble Yum doesn’t mean that they have some kind of deep mystical tantric connection.  And not every man who looks into those crazy bug-eyes is going to fall in love with you and fight over you like Chad and Jay Leno. Sex is just sometimes sex – especially while begging for it in a storage room with your legs in the air.  She reminds me with all of that “art” crap of Ralph Wiggum with his “So, do you like...stuff” to Lisa. 

And finally, being a full-time mistress means you don’t get to usurp the wife/gfs role in their relationship.  You’re not an understudy, honey, you’re side piece.  And you stay on the side.  Looks like she has some studying to do, herself.   

This Kami thing should have happened long ago.  Just loving Kate and Sami together.  I’ve always loved them separately and now they are my favorite paring in like a decade.  I’m almost giddy about it.  I want them to recruit Nicole and Theresa into their plan to take over and rule Salem – and Ciara, too, to complete the coven.   

And I don’t think Abscess is taking responsibility for shit.  Not when she’s going around saying things like “I should have never allowed this to happen.”  Umm, allowed?  You made it happen, bitch.  It’s all an act in front of her family and friends.  Other wise she wouldn’t have bee-lined it to the mansion to taunt Sami about their “love of art ‘n stuff” and their deep meeting of the mi... genitals. Instead, she’s just sooo proud of herself and basking in the glory of her holy vagina.  This makes up for the void (literally) that Chad and Jay Leno left when they skipped town.

I want to write something about the whole Jenn/Dan/Eve/Nicole/Eric/Brady/Kristen thing, but...I can only produce unintelligible sounds. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 8

I hope he's going to enjoy spending Thanksgiving with Marlena and her plastic food cuz he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the rest of his family after this comes out.

You don't really think Marlena cooks, do you?  At best, she orders in.  Otherwise she goes out for her feedings.

The scene of Eric praying had me confused, because it looked like he was praying to the lamp.  Only later they did actually show us the crucifix on the wall.

So Nicole is staying with the nuns, is Eric in a monastery?  Nice digs, monks.

• Love 3

Another TWOP refugee straggler here.  I lost the link to this place and had to search all of the soap boards until I found it.  It was a scary – and boring – ride. 

Welcome!

We have gin, vodka, whiskey and champagne in the Green Room, as well as deep-fried Horton Body Parts.

I'd stay away from the Hernandez dip, though.  It just leaves you wanting more.

You don't really think Marlena cooks, do you?  At best, she orders in.  Otherwise she goes out for her feedings.

The scene of Eric praying had me confused, because it looked like he was praying to the lamp.  Only later they did actually show us the crucifix on the wall.

So Nicole is staying with the nuns, is Eric in a monastery?  Nice digs, monks.

Rick, you had me spewing my water on my keyboard with the comments about Marlena and her feedings and THEN you wrote that Eric was praying to the lamp.  Will-be-laughing-at-that-image-till-bedtime.

• Love 4

I really thought Sami was really taking every one down today. That scene with Adrienne was intense and I thought for a second maybe Adrienne might actually feel sympathy for Sami. But no. And the Abby apologists who keep confronting her just keep upping the crazy that Sami is going to rein down.

I love that Sami hands everybody's ass back to them whenever they talk to her.

Give James Read (Clyde) something to do and get him to colluding with Sami and Kate and put Him in the middle of their catfight instead of Rafe.

• Love 2

Welcome!

We have gin, vodka, whiskey and champagne in the Green Room, as well as deep-fried Horton Body Parts.

I'd stay away from the Hernandez dip, though.  It just leaves you wanting more.

Thanks!  I missed the snark.  I mean, I crack myself up all the time with my hilarity, but it's nice to have company and a steady supply of alcohol while watching this show.

I'll have a whiskey, but will hold off on the food.  My stomach is a little wonky after I had some Dancakes earlier.  They were way too greasy and tasted of sea water and spray tan.

Oh, I wanted to warn everyone to stay away from the cold-pressed extra virgin abby oil.  It's gone rancid. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 11

I watch this show with the biggest WTF look on my face.

This storyline with Sami and Abby and all should be the juiciest thing going... it really should. They could have Abby admitting what she did and Sami doing what she's doing... but if the rest of Salem were divided up and arguing among themselves and with the two ladies in question about who is in the right and who should be ashamed... even playing a few characters against expectations to up the ante a bit, this could really be something.

As it is, with everyone in town absolutely horrified at Sami and calling her an out of control monster when, in reality, I would say this is one of the more controlled periods of Sami's life... it's sucking all the fun out of it. It's appalling to me that when Abby explains that she resigned from her job because she broke the morality code of the place she works while people look horrifed for her. Sami is telling nothing but the truth here... if she had completely misconstrued events, if the picture was photoshopped and Abby and EJ were, in fact, innocent while she's on a foaming at the mouth rampage to twist and turn and make Abby's life miserable... that would garner the 'monster' epithet that Salemites are so eager to sling around.

But that's not the case! And when you have ONE person show any sympathy towards Sami on ONE day while everyone else is acting like Sami set fire to Abby's house, tried to run her down with a spiked chariot and chases her through Horton Square with an axe. The reactions from people in Salem are NOT in keeping with what's actually happening. It's BIZARRE.

And now Sami seems to want Rafe back? The fuck?

What the hell is going on?!

• Love 5

I blame the writing for Eric being so dull.  At one point, there was the possibility of Brady/Kristen, Sami/EJ, and Eric/Nicole being couples at the same time, with Brady/Kristen/Sami/EJ all living in the same house, and the SLs devolved into the latest break-ups when it could have been so much more.

Oh, I have wanted this for so long!  Somehow, EJ, Sami, Stephano, Kate, Kristen, and Brady are all forced to live in the D'mansion.  They would all have to pretend, "for the sake of the children" or for some condition put upon them, to get along, all the while trying to make sure that the kids don't get served the scrambled eggs with broken glass in it and the toast sprinkled with powdered sugar and rat poison.  Backhanded compliments and flying crystal galore! 

But they did nothing with all of those couples under one roof.  I thought it was going to be mayhem.  It seems like the writers deconstruct the show more than build it up. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4
Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't EJ just go to the board and tell them that Sami and Kate committed fraud to get control of the company?

Beach Blonde, they've explained that a few times. EJ and Stefano are not going to the board to tell them that Sami and Kate made up those letters they read because that would make EJ and Stefano look like idiots. Because they did legitimately sign over their proxies, they fell for everything Sami and Kate said, and so they'd lose their own credibility as sharp businessmen in the board's eyes. 

It does appear that Will is planning on using what Kate said in his article, so the board will know soon enough that Kate and Sami fooled them. But while that'll hurt Kami with the board, it's not going to make EJ look any better to them. He got played. They wouldn't want him back running the company, because if he can get played like this by Kami, then who knows what other errors he'll make? These are businessmen. "Hostile takeover" and such isn't dirty business to them, it's just good business. EJ running to the board to whine to them about how Sami got him to sign over his proxy to her and then used it to put herself in the CEO seat? This isn't a playground. The board aren't teachers who'll step in and give EJ his toy back. They'd want to do something about Kami - although more because Kate laughed and laughed to Will about the board members than because Kami played Stefano and EJ - but EJ would look very weak in their eyes and quite unfit to retake his place in the company. EJ knows this, and that's why he's not saying anything to the board.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Also Kate and Sami have mentioned that the board is currently in love with them because they actually are getting rid of the dead weight of the company which happens to be where EJ and Stefano have put most of their money.  Kate and Sami seem to be making the divisions that the board favors very profitable so they are less likely to care about the other ones.

Hell even if the truth does come out, Sami and Kate have done enough damage or the board will end up favoring them over Stefano and Kate.  I can see Sami moving away with the kids to run the overseas divisions of Dimera Enterprises, while Kate runs the domestic divisions.

• Love 3

Adrienne is a character who automatically gets a huge, huge amount of tolerance from me because Judi Evans was one-half of my favorite soap couple of all time, Jake and Paulina on Another World, and so it's nearly impossible for me to hate any character she plays...but Adrienne managed it today. 

For me, JE will always be Guiding Light's Beth Raines coupled with the gorgeous and tragic Lujack (I love you Vincent Irizarry! Call me!! xoxo) and it is very upsetting that she's playing such a judgmental twat.  I'm done giving her a pass too.  Adrienne needs to be put down.  I'm tired of her showing up just so she can tell somebody how wrong they are.  What a waste of a great actress.  Same for MBE.

Hi SwordQueen!  I agree that there are some mighty scary boards out there.  I don't know what we would do without PTV!

Beach Blonde, they've explained that a few times. EJ and Stefano are not going to the board to tell them that Sami and Kate made up those letters they read because that would make EJ and Stefano look like idiots. Because they did legitimately sign over their proxies, they fell for everything Sami and Kate said, and so they'd lose their own credibility as sharp businessmen in the board's eyes. 

I'm thinking it might be possible that the board will dump all of them from heading up the company which, to me, would be the funniest thing of all.  I think Kate and Sami will be fine - those two are born survivors.  Stefano will be okay - he can hole up somewhere with his "nurses".  And EJ?  Well, EJ will be left swinging in the wind - utterly incompetent at everything he does and now the whole world knows it. 

• Love 4
Then it looked like a preview to a new Hobbit movie until I realized I was listening to Adrienne.  I have to sort of reluctantly admire her.  No matter how many facts stare her in the face, no matter how many small words are used, no matter even if she's shown pictures so she doesn't have to figure out the big words, Adrienne will STILL manage to get it wrong.  Once an idea burrows its way into that blockhead of hers absolutely NOTHING will get it out.   Can't really blame her, though - any thought she does have in that brain has an incredibly small fit - no room to turn around, even.

This is my favorite description of Adrienne ever.

Since Will doesn't care at all about his mother I would love it if Kate disowned him. Maybe that would actually hurt him.

Sami is equal opportunity with her revenge so obviously Abby had to be dealt with, but it mostly seems like something she's doing just for fun. EJ is her main target. If the stupid Abby apologists would just shut up the "humiliation" for Abby would probably be over by now. Other than making her fake cry and forcing Kayla to follow protocol, it doesn't seem like Sami is going to waste time coming up with an elaborate scheme against the worthless twit so the worst is probably over for her. The best part about this is that Abby has faced no major punishment for what she did and likely never will so her cheerleaders just look even more ridiculous when they call Sami a monster.

If I were on the DE board I would be impressed by what Kumi did and as long as the profits haven't gone down I would probably keep them in charge. They actually seem to be improving the company so why get rid of them.

I wonder if Abby, Jen, and Adrienne have mad cow disease.

• Love 3

Sami is equal opportunity with her revenge so obviously Abby had to be dealt with, but it mostly seems like something she's doing just for fun. EJ is her main target. If the stupid Abby apologists would just shut up the "humiliation" for Abby would probably be over by now. 

I totally agree with this.  I think if Abby and her fan club would just shut up, Sami would move on to her primary target of EJ.  These idiots just keep coming back for more though.

• Love 7

I don't get why Will isn't upset with Kate for egging Sami on.

It's quite possible Sami might thaw to Abby (and maybe even EJ) if Kate wasn't always there to steer her away from possibly thinking a certain way.  Part of the reason Sami is comfortable with her revenge plan is because she has Kate on her side.

It seems as though Sami was willing to listen to Caroline since she approached Sami in an emotionally intelligent and empathetic way. Nonetheless, Kate is on the other side to reign her back in to the final goal.  Of course, the people defending Abigail aren't helping matters.

I just figure that if Will is going to get mad at Sami, he also needs to get mad at Kate in bigger way. (How has Kate managed to avoid being called an "even bigger slut" by her son?) If this is about his childhood, then I also don't get how Kate manages to get off scot-free there either).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

According to Kate and Sami, they have six months to bankrupt EJ and Stefano, make a fortune, and then they are out.  They aren’t planning on being at DE long term.  They just want enough time to hurt EJ and Stefano.

I want Sami to hear that recording Will has of EJ being so casual about his cheating, and so arrogant in believing Sami will forgive him and forget all about it.  EJ will cheat again in a New York minute, and blame it all on Sami.   It would also be great if Kate had a recording on her phone of EJ’s conversation with the boring twit assuring her they did nothing wrong.  I really want EJ to die a slow painful death in front of Sami while she smiles glad that he is finally out of her life for good.

I noticed Adrienne didn’t bother to tell Will she went to Sami’s home looking for a fight.  No, it was all you won’t believe what mean ole Sami did to me.

Will’s article is going to start a firestorm, and it is going to be one more thing that pushes Sami over the edge.  I believe Kate is going to notice how close to breaking down Sami is, she isn’t going to want that to happen especially with Sami married to EJ, so Kate will bring Lucas into this scheme.

Will’s article is going to get the wrong person’s attention.  EJ is going to end up dead.  Sami and the children are going to go into hiding.  Lucas will go to visit them.  Eventually, the danger will be over, and Lucas will tell everyone Sami and the children aren’t returning to Salem because they like where they live now.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I also don't get why no one is asking Abigail why she doesn't understand limits. This is the second time she's gotten entangled with an attached man.

The Abby defenders don't necessarily have to sympathize with Sami (and in some ways I can see why they wouldn't given EJ's history with them), but they could question why Abigail doesn't seem to have a problem going after attached men.  That no one is questioning that at all strikes me as utterly weird. Even in Lifetime movies, mothers will express concern and disappointment over what Abigail did even as they're offering support to the daughter.

• Love 5

According to Kate and Sami, they have six months to bankrupt EJ and Stefano, make a fortune, and then they are out.  They aren’t planning on being at DE long term.  They just want enough time to hurt EJ and Stefano.

I am 100% behind this. I love the idea of them destroying EJ and Stefano and making themselves wealthy.

Will’s article is going to start a firestorm, and it is going to be one more thing that pushes Sami over the edge.  I believe Kate is going to notice how close to breaking down Sami is, she isn’t going to want that to happen especially with Sami married to EJ, so Kate will bring Lucas into this scheme.

Of all the nastiness that's happening right now, I find Will's behavior the worst.  He is secretly recording family and friends to use their words in an inflammatory story that's meant to expose and destroy his own mother and grandmother.  He's doing this because Sami "needs to be brought down a few pegs". For me, it's reprehensible behavior on his part and really just unforgivable - moreso than even EJ and Abby's cheating and lying.  The affair wasn't meant to deliberately destroy Sami's reputation and family. But Will DOES want to destroy Sami and at the expense of everyone else who is involved.  It's just so awful and nasty, I can't get past it.  What a complete and utter asshole. I hope this destroys him as well.

I love the idea of Lucas riding into the rescue. I like that guy and I wish he were on more.

• Love 7

Where the heck is Roman?

It's baffling enough that Stephano hasn't appeared yet to save EJ's backside, but where is Roman to figure out what's going on with Samji? Is that why Daniel didn't bother to call 911?

• Love 1

Hi SwordQueen!  I agree that there are some mighty scary boards out there.  I don't know what we would do without PTV!

Thanks, sunnyheart!  I don't think I would have made it through the past year or so with Father Milquetoast and the Holy Horton Hoes without the awesome posters here. 

Sami is equal opportunity with her revenge so obviously Abby had to be dealt with, but it mostly seems like something she's doing just for fun. EJ is her main target. If the stupid Abby apologists would just shut up the "humiliation" for Abby would probably be over by now. Other than making her fake cry and forcing Kayla to follow protocol, it doesn't seem like Sami is going to waste time coming up with an elaborate scheme against the worthless twit so the worst is probably over for her. The best part about this is that Abby has faced no major punishment for what she did and likely never will so her cheerleaders just look even more ridiculous when they call Sami a monster.

Great points, LeftPhalange!   I mean we're talking about Sami "The Tsunami" Brady, here.  Do you really think getting in her face and yelling at her is going to calm her down?  And what's with the whole "You're not a saint, either, Sami!"?  Well, shit, duh, people.  I think she knows that, and that isn't even the point.  The point is that Abby fucked her over when she fucked her husband and this is Sami, who is hurt and pissed, so she's going ruin her.  It's her thing.  Like Marlena and Botox.  Too much is never enough.

If Abby had just shut her pie hole, and told everyone else to sat down, Sami might be satisfied with only going so far.  Now that she is seeing how no one is calling PrincessPussy out and she's just skating by this, it's only giving her more reason to push further until she breaks.  I am looking forward to see the damage when this is done because I think the only way I could even tolerate her is if they have her go all psycho slut predator with married men.  It could be her thing.  

• Love 5

I also don't get why no one is asking Abigail why she doesn't understand limits. This is the second time she's gotten entangled with an attached man.

The Abby defenders don't necessarily have to sympathize with Sami (and in some ways I can see why they wouldn't given EJ's history with them), but they could question why Abigail doesn't seem to have a problem going after attached men.  That no one is questioning that at all strikes me as utterly weird. Even in Lifetime movies, mothers will express concern and disappointment over what Abigail did even as they're offering support to the daughter.

Well, look who the mother figures are in Salem -- It's like Alaska came to Illinois with all those frigid bitches.  Also, I don't think Jen has the capacity to obsess over Daniel, seek revenge (what a monster!) on Eve, and pay attention to her kids at the same time.  Something has to give. 

Another reason I think is that Abby is not someone that women feel comfortable and kindly towards.  She's perfect for a mistress type because she's not a friend to women.  She likes male attention and isn't very relatable or sympathetic to other women.  I can see how no one would really care enough to get all deep and emotional with her, since there's no there, there.  And she's already called most of the women in town sluts already and tried to seduce the spouses of the others.  Her family likes to project and deflect all of the crappy things they do onto others, so no help there.  Funnily enough, I can see Sami and Kate being the best ones to talk to about these things, if it wasn't them she fucked over, since they are old pros, and they don't mince words or hide behind pleasantries.   

I am 100% behind this. I love the idea of them destroying EJ and Stefano and making themselves wealthy.

Of all the nastiness that's happening right now, I find Will's behavior the worst.  He is secretly recording family and friends to use their words in an inflammatory story that's meant to expose and destroy his own mother and grandmother.  He's doing this because Sami "needs to be brought down a few pegs". For me, it's reprehensible behavior on his part and really just unforgivable - moreso than even EJ and Abby's cheating and lying.  The affair wasn't meant to deliberately destroy Sami's reputation and family. But Will DOES want to destroy Sami and at the expense of everyone else who is involved.  It's just so awful and nasty, I can't get past it.  What a complete and utter asshole. I hope this destroys him as well.

I love the idea of Lucas riding into the rescue. I like that guy and I wish he were on more.

I miss Lucas too and I think he should have been a part of this story from the beginning.  The dynamics between Lucas, Sami, Kate, and Will (and even EJ) has always been enjoyable for me.  But now Will can go suck it, because wtf?  Why does he think he has a right to do anything to his mother?  Isn't he railing against her because she's the one teaching people lessons?  So why is his revenge or schooling a'ok?  Please Sonny, take Ari and run, boy, run. 

Are we going to find out soon that the real Will is trapped in the D'Mansion basement lab with Rolf, Jack and Tony (oh, please, please!) and this is some kind of pod-Will?  Cause I hope so. 

• Love 6

Will baffles me, really. I mean, I think it's sort of amusing that he's proving himself his mother's son in the very way he's talking about how she needs to be taught a lesson and his plaaaaan will do that, but...over Abby? Really? I understand why Sami is out to punish Abby and EJ. I've usually understood over the years why she was out to get this or that person. I don't understand why Will is out to get Sami - especially when he's dragging his grandmother into it - over Abby. I've never seen Will and Abby as cousins who are close. A mother and a grandmother trump a not-close cousin. Abby is the one who was in the wrong, and Will started on this tear just because Sami confronted her about it. He immediately handed Abby the same excuses and get-out-of-jail-free cards as everyone else, like Abby is his sister and Sami is the one who's a distant cousin. Huh?

With a better actor in the role, I could buy that this isn't really about Abby, this is just a convenient excuse for Will to get revenge on his mother for various times he's been hurt by her over the years. And that would be emotionally complex and interesting to watch. But I'm not getting that from this extremely limited actor. His face doesn't help, either; when his face goes into that particular "intense" expression it just looks like a face I want to slap. Like Sami did.

• Love 3

But I'm not getting that from this extremely limited actor. His face doesn't help, either; when his face goes into that particular "intense" expression it just looks like a face I want to slap. Like Sami did.

With his fresh-from-Mayberry Opie-like appearance and the blank look in his eyes, NuWill reminds me of a sociopath soon-to-be serial killer.  Oh my goodness, officer! He looked so nice and clean-cut!  I had no idea he had a secret torture chamber in his basement!

• Love 3

With his fresh-from-Mayberry Opie-like appearance and the blank look in his eyes, NuWill reminds me of a sociopath soon-to-be serial killer.  Oh my goodness, officer! He looked so nice and clean-cut!  I had no idea he had a secret torture chamber in his basement!

I think you have just uncovered the bond between Will and Abby.  The blank look, sociopath* appearance and behavior...and they have both been in an eye-fucking contest with EJ!  Scary. 

Sociopath, not psychopath, but I don't want to underestimate them. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Fairly easily explained from where I sit.  

No one thinks that Abby was a willing participant.  No one knows that she went after him in a supply closet.  No one knows that she followed him around tongue wagging for a few weeks after the first initial sex romp.  They all think that EJ coerced her into it.  So it wasn't her fault.  NONE of this is her fault....it's EJ's.  Period.  At least from the standpoint of the Salemites.

This also applies to everyone telling Sami to back off of Abby.  They don't understand why she isn't focusing her venom on EJ and EJ alone.

And for those of you wishin and a hopin that Abby gets called out about her roll in all of this and EVERYONE finds out she was not only a willing participant but the instigator....keep on dreamin.  I am still waiting for the day that Jennifer gets told by a few people, including his own family members, that what Jennifer did to Jack was fucking ridiculous and she's as much to blame for the demise of their marriage as he is.

Ain't happenin.....

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2

Interestingly, Kayla did have an appropriate reaction for a nanosecond. She thanked Sami for telling her about EJabby (oh, so it's not necessarily a terrible thing for Sami to reveal the affair to people?) and said she would talk to Abby. Of course, she then added "and Jennifer" and then went on to be all "oh poor Jen," at which point Sami made her hilarious deadpan comment about how Jen was her first thought too.

CaughtOnTape - at least Sami called Jen out on getting with Dan before Jack's body was even cold. If Jen keeps annoying her, Sami just might say the rest of what you want, too!

One of the ridiculous things about this uproar over Abby losing her job is that Sami's actually being criticized for handling it decently. She could have just told Ann about the affair, or waited for Ann to find out about it, which she would have eventually. Ann, as HR head, would have known immediately that Abby would need to be fired per company policy. And she would've dragged Abby in for a formal hearing and investigation, and then had her ass escorted out by security immediately upon her termination, as companies do. Instead, Sami turned the situation over to Abby's own aunt to handle. She certainly knew that Kayla would handle it in a much more circumspect fashion, less personally embarrassing to Abby. I doubt Kayla's request to let Abby resign, which Sami agreed to readily, came as a surprise. It's Kayla's own fault that this got ugly, because she refused to fulfill her professional obligations until Sami a) brought up the donation b) pointed out she could just have Ann handle it, complete with embarrassing hearing. More than anything, that just demonstrated why Kayla should not be supervising employees who are family members. Or anyone, really, because if it becomes known to other employees that she won't discipline family members, then one of two things happens: Either Kayla doesn't discipline any employee, and workplace behavior goes absolutely to hell, or the next time she disciplines a non-related employee, they have a great case against her.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone will express disappointment in Abigail, but I don't get why this storyline was created if nobody was going to have a reaction. I know cheating is common in the Horton family, but still. These kinds of cheating storylines lose the drama when everyone rallies around the mistress. If there were more divisions among the Horton and Brady set, maybe that would at least create another storyline on its own. The whole storyline seems kind of pointless if even perceptions about Abigail don't change a bit slightly.

Then again, the whole "let's kill Nick" storyline seemed to become pointless when everyone and their dog seemed to want Nick dead. Having everyone think the exact same way on an issue doesn't seem very realistic.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
But I'm not getting that from this extremely limited actor. His face doesn't help, either; when his face goes into that particular "intense" expression it just looks like a face I want to slap. Like Sami did.

He is limited, and he has a strange walk.  It's like a half-swagger, half-knuckledragging sort of thing.  It's almost as distracting as his unblinking eyes. 

But I keep trying to picture CM being this much of a pissy, mini Adrienne to the people who have saved his ass on numerous occasions -- for useless Abigail, of all people -- and I can't.  It is within Will's character to dislike his mother, but screwing her and Kate and EJ over in this way makes no sense, especially given how passive he was with Nick.

• Love 4

No one thinks that Abby was a willing participant.  No one knows that she went after him in a supply closet.  No one knows that she followed him around tongue wagging for a few weeks after the first initial sex romp.  They all think that EJ coerced her into it.  So it wasn't her fault.  NONE of this is her fault....it's EJ's.  Period.  At least from the standpoint of the Salemites.

If the Hortons actually believed EJ raped Abby why aren't they begging her to go to the police?

• Love 1

I don’t expect people to turn on the boring twit or disown her, but everyone attacking Sami for telling the truth, seeking her out for a fight, and then whining when they lose is just dumb on their part.  I keep thinking, “Hello, have you idiots not been paying attention the last 22 years.  For Sami, this is tame.  She shot the man she is currently married to in the head, and how many other people has she shot.  Yet, for some unfathomable reason, you fools want to get in her face, and tell her she has no right to be upset about being cheated on, then get all bent out of shape when she shuts you down.”

I understand Will’s anger about his childhood, and in the past when Will has been upset with Sami about something she did, I understood that to.  However, the last few years have been spent trying to help Will.  There never would have been a video of Sami/Bernardi if Sami hadn’t been trying to help Will.  Sami shot Bernardi to save Rafe.  Sami and Kate tossed Nick in the river to help Gabi.  Sami hasn’t been targeting innocent people with her schemes in years.  Sami’s hurt and anger in this instance is justified.

I hope Sami and Kate’s revenge SL doesn’t go the same way the toss notdeadNick in the river SL did.  It started out so good, and just fizzled out.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

But I keep trying to picture CM being this much of a pissy, mini Adrienne to the people who have saved his ass on numerous occasions -- for useless Abigail, of all people -- and I can't.  It is within Will's character to dislike his mother, but screwing her and Kate and EJ over in this way makes no sense, especially given how passive he was with Nick.

I actually think I would have enjoyed CM's Will smirking his way through this particular storyline.  Maybe it would have been juicy enough to fire up his old acting instincts. I just can't with GW's Will.  I want to smack that pug nose right off his face.

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 1
Another reason I think is that Abby is not someone that women feel comfortable and kindly towards.  She's perfect for a mistress type because she's not a friend to women.  She likes male attention and isn't very relatable or sympathetic to other women.

This is very accurate description and quite true--a woman can never trust another woman who doesn't have female friends. I know the show tried to convince us that Gabi, Abby and Jordan were all good friends but it was so contrived and only trotted out to make a story line point.

And Jordan has the right to be angry with Kate but Sami's gone too far in disliking Abby?  I really hate that Rafe's useless ass is getting in the middle of the awesome Kami.

• Love 4

Same here.  I was ready for CM to move on.  For some time before he left I felt he was phoning it in, and that constant smile of his, regardless of the situation became distracting.  And I was more than willing to give this new guy a chance.  And I did, until this.  Then, WHAM, I wanted him gone.  Which shows me that I haven't bought into his portrayal of the character at all.  

Like you said, Will was very passive, irritatingly so.  And while he was sly at times, and could lie with the best of them, especially in his tussle with EJ, there was always an undercurrent of insecurity.  This guy, as someone said so well in a previous post, seems like he could flip on a dime into psycho-sociopath territory.  It's only been a blink of an eye (not Marlena's, cuz those don't EVER move) since the whole Nick/Gabby/Ari fiasco, and he's now coldbloodedly turned on the three people who made it possible for him to keep his daughter.  And, indirectly, helped him keep his relationship with Sonny from imploding.  Now he's selling them down the river, and lying to Sonny while doing it.

And that pursed face of his with the unblinking stare makes him look like he swallowed a bag of prunes and is ready for more.  

Will needs to be punished - and soon.

• Love 4

This Rafe crap is painful and pointless.

And of course I'm sure everyone will root for Jordan to go after Kate. That's OK! :p

Ha! I LOVE Rafe for his shitty attitude towards Abby.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 4

Rafe calling Sami out on being in her own world of delusions actually made him watchable today. Especially when he asked her if she'd lost her mind. She wants Rafe to want her back and then acts the opposite when he calls her out. 

• Love 1

Was today’s episode to remind us what a snooze-fest Rafe and Sami were?  Sami crying over Rafe is like crying over spilled milk. It’s just not worth it.  Personally, I just felt like it just highlighted the chemistry AS does have with JS.   At this point I’m just ready for Sami and EJ to throw a ton of shit at each other, scream their heads off, and then go at it like rabbits all while Abby is tied to a chair and forced her to watch.

Why did it sound like glass breaking when Ollie hit Rafe?  Can we say wrong sound effect track?

Even more sleep inducing than Ambien was Nicole and Eric…yada yada, the same old stuff said over and over again.  I don’t even care. I think we all know that Eric isn’t going to go back to the priesthood because then he’d be a boring priest again instead of a boring single man. It’s as inevitable as Eve losing her lawsuit because a) Paige is JJ’s love interest and isn’t going anywhere so that money for Stanford will never come in AND b) we all know that by hook or by crock the Hortons always win.

Is it wrong that I want Clyde to take a creepy interest in Abigail? There’s something about the way he’s looked at her the last two days that has me wondering where this is going.

• Love 3

Eh, I don't see why the board would be embarassed by EJ.  Hostile takeovers happen all the time. And as far as I can recall, he wasn't CEO anyways.  That was all belonging to Stefano after EJ groveled to him to get the evidence against Bernardi.  EJ asked Sami to vote his shares, which would not seem out of the ordinary as she had been working for the company and was his wife, whom he thought he could trust.  Unless the board finds out that EJ cheated on Sami and Sami purposely married EJ to steal the company, I'm not sure why EJ would be looked down upon.  Sure it was stupid, in that he trusted someone he shouldn't have, but, he wouldn't be the first, and until Sami's plan came about, no one had any way of knowing or suspecting that she had set EJ up. 

Also, as far as I can tell -- I'm certainly no corporate expert -- Kate forged the letter from Stefano that she has Sami read, putting her in as co-CEO.  That would be fraud, so I'm not sure that the board would be happy with Kate and committing fraud and dragging the board into it.  Stefano could easily disavow all of this; even if he supposedly isn't allowed to come back to town.  He could still call the board, video-conferene, send a representative, etc. 

I may be recalling incorrectly, but I don't believe Stefano was on board with any of the letting Sami vote for EJ, much less giving Kate his shares -- they're not even married.  EJ may be that stupid, but Stefano would not be.  So, Kate's whole position in the company is a result of a fraud, which is obviously a crime.  And any and all actions that were committed after that fraud would also be a crime.  If Kate lied to be co-CEO, then she had no right to sell off businesses or anything else that she did.  I don't believe Sami had the right to sell EJ's property either.  Perhaps after they had divorced, if she was privvy to a 50-50 setttlement, but how does she sell his car?  That makes no sense.

This whole storyline makes no sense at all to me.  It's just one last blaze of glory to let Sami go out on top.  And while I can understand it for the actress and her fans, it's just really stupid to me.  Still holding out hope that Stefano comes in and burns everyone to the ground. 

One more about Sami, I really don't get what they are trying to do with the character in general.  Abby, EJ, yes it makes sense for her to lash out.  I'll even give those defending Abby some whatfor, because I tired of Abby the Perfect Angel a long time ago.  But this stuff with Jordan?  And now she's what, suddenly in love with Rafe again?  But still mooning over pictures of EJ?  What I got from that scene is that Sami may be reconsidering EJ because none of the rest of her exes will deal with her anymore, so better EJ than alone? 

October can't come soon enough.  Enough of this mess. 

• Love 1

Rafe calling Sami out on being in her own world of delusions actually made him watchable today. Especially when he asked her if she'd lost her mind. She wants Rafe to want her back and then acts the opposite when he calls her out. 

Yep, and then she's mooning over EJ at the end of the show asking "Why Abby?"   Why Abby?  Really?  It was nothing to do with Abby imo, just that she was the first attractive vagina-bearer to cross EJ's path who was willing to hop in bed with him. 

Wait, they're dragging this out until October?

Maybe.  October is when Sami and EJ are supposed to be off-canvas I believe. 

I feel like KM was such a poor casting choice to play an allegedly worldly, cultured, intelligent and refined deity like Abigail. Something about her look and acting style exudes this 'trashy, throw-a-chair-at-someone-on-Jerry-Springer meth head' vibe to me instead. And if they'd written Abby that way, I'd find the character far more interesting.  

Nicole and her hilariously awful hair were so much more entertaining to me before she got mired in this endlessly repetitive patheticness with the deadly dull Eric. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 6

How about the writers let the raggedy ass Tamiful/Rafe pairing sink or swim on its own without involving Sami and Kate in it. Stop trying to bring down the Kumi revenge story by having them prop Captain Save a Ho and whatever Tamiflu is supposed to be. Sami hasn't shown any interest in Rafe in over a year and now all of a sudden she wants Rafe back? Bullshit. If she really wanted to get back with an ex it would make much more sense for her to try and get Lucas back since he's single and they have 20 years worth of history together. It's disgusting that these writers have Sami and Kate acting like this over stank ass Rafe. Fuck Rafe and fuck Tamiflu. 

Was Jordan's attempt at crying more ridiculous than Abby's?

I'm hoping Sami and Kate were smart enough to assume EJ would try to sabotage them by giving Victor inside info. 

• Love 2

I feel like KM was such a poor casting choice to play an allegedly worldly, cultured, intelligent and refined deity like Abigail. Something about her look and acting style exudes this 'trashy, throw-a-chair-at-someone-on-Jerry-Springer meth head' vibe to me instead. And if they'd written Abby that way, I'd find the character far more interesting.  

Nicole and her hilariously awful hair were so much more entertaining to me before she got mired in this endlessly repetitive patheticness with the deadly dull Eric. 

Can we talk about Nicole for a minute?   I wrote this in the best and worst thread about which characters to write off and it applies here as well.

This was tough!  I almost said Nicole.  Guys, okay, you guys, here me out first.  Love her when she's marrying geezers for money, sexing hot men and snarking on all of the Salemites while tossing back a few martinis.  But, she's just so pathetic now and I feel like her hair and wardrobe are going through some kind of manic-depression as a side-effect of having to chase after Father Eeyore and his little gray rain cloud.  I don't want her off permanently, just give her a vacation with some cabana boys and credit card so she can go shopping and get her hair fixed.

I am so exasperated with her that I can hardly stand to watch her scenes.  They have had her burn so many bridges, and while that's nothing new, it feels like they have gone too far.  Who can she sleep/snark/drink with now?  What do guys think needs to happen with her in order for her to be fabulous again? 

• Love 5

The Rafe and Sami scenes seemed completely out of the blue (sort of like EJ calling Abigail "breathtakingly beautiful"), but maybe that was their goodbye scene? The fighting seemed a callback to their scenes when they were on the run, I think...though I could be wrong because I fast-forwarded a lot of that...

Sami did embarrass herself (though I'm wondering how much of it was for kicks and boredom and trying to figure out if she made anybody happy), but Rafe did also call her on it.

Why must EJ insist on having Eddie Munster hair? Maybe Sami might consider taking him back if he changes his hair...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Why did it sound like glass breaking when Ollie hit Rafe?  Can we say wrong sound effect track?

Oh no, that was definitely the right sound.  Rafe's head is filled with air and marbles.  It makes very pretty sounds when there's a nice spring breeze.

The Rafe and Sami scenes seemed completely out of the blue (sort of like EJ calling Abigail "breathtakingly beautiful"), but maybe that was their goodbye scene?

I have no idea, but it really is weird that Sami has fixated on Rafe after all this time.  Especially since she knows that Kate wants him back (though God knows why).  It makes zero sense that Sami has started to moon over Rafe - doesn't she have enough to do right now?

• Love 1
Eh, I don't see why the board would be embarassed by EJ.

It's not about the board being embarrassed by EJ. (They are going to be embarrassed, but what they're going to be embarrassed by are Kate's derogatory comments about them.) But he got fooled. That's embarrassing for EJ, but not for the board. But it will make the board feel that EJ's judgment isn't to be trusted - if he can be fooled by Kami, he can be fooled by others, and that makes him a liability. That's life in the corporate world. Yes, hostile takeovers happen all the time, but somebody who lets it happen is seen as weak. Look how much this has cost EJ. This time around, it's only cost EJ, because of how Kami are running the business (to dump all EJ's subsidiaries while maximizing profits for themselves and the board members), but there's no guarantee that would be the case the next time EJ got fooled...next time it might cost the board too. They will have no confidence in EJ. So yeah, EJ can't complain to them, because at least right now he still has professional credibility in their eyes and once they find out about the Kami scheme, he has none. So what's the point of complaining? They wouldn't give him control.

They have had her burn so many bridges, and while that's nothing new, it feels like they have gone too far.  Who can she sleep/snark/drink with now?  What do guys think needs to happen with her in order for her to be fabulous again?

Get her away from Eric, for starters. I think she would need a new character altogether for a love interest because all the available options on the canvas would drag her down nearly as much as Eric has. In the short term, I'd have her become part of Kami's plotting, and that way, when Sami leaves, Nicole is still partnered with Kate for snarky awesomeness. (And it would have the bonus of giving Kate something interesting to do while she plods through this horrid Rafe/Jammy storyline.) I know Kate and Nicole have a history, but if Kami can work together, Kate and Nicole sure can.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2