Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I don't think Sami really wants Rafe back. it seemed like she was trying to reassure herself that she did make somebody happy in some capacity...I'm guessing based on how she said "I made you happy" and then quickly flipped to the picture of EJ to say the same thing to that effect.

Meanwhile, neither Ben nor Jordan are dealing well with infidelity. I wonder if Abigail would have preferred a punch to the face from Sami...

It was funny how Rafe was looking at Abigail. I'm kind of impressed GG looked at the script and decided "Yeah, I'm going to show Rafe looking at Abigail like she's  a stinkbomb!"

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Nicole looks horrible, what's up with that hair? It made her look like a little boy. When she's on I'm wishing Lois Griffin from Family Guy would walk up to Nicole and give her a Sylvia Plath novel and a bottle of Ambien and look the other way and whatever happens, happens. She didn't regret shit 'cause she kept lying about it and since she wants to be punished how about she just get off my screen.

How much longer is ScAbby Doo gonna be on? Do we have to keep seeing her just about every damn day. OMG I dread when AS & JS leave cause that opens up the door for ScAbby Doo to be on more. Oooh ScAbby Doo nobody walked away from your ass when they learned of the affair so STFU. This "relationship" with BOllie is beyond boring and coma inducing. BOllie if ScAbby Doo is as good as it gets, it would best to go back to Clyde. No way do you want to deal with Jenn (dammit I need a nickname for her)

I knew I seen BOllie somewhere, he was on Desperate Housewives S8 when Gaby was shopping and he was just muscle jock catching the clothes that Eva Longoria was throwing at him. He's the same as the old Ben constant pissy looks on his face. He should be arrested for assaulting a cop but knowing Nilla Rafer he more than likely will not do it.

Tiramisu (That's Grimace Sue's new name cause that's what her name sounds like) is certainly one of the worst actresses ever. Don't know what she was like on her previous soap but goodness me on this one she flat out stinks. Never changes her facial expressions or change the tone in her voice, just monotone.

Why are Sami, Kate, & Tiramisu all fighting over boring ass Nilla Rafer?

Meanwhile, neither Ben nor Jordan are dealing well with infidelity.

For a minute there, I couldn't figure out who Ben is.  Between all the name changes on the show and the messing around with names here, I'm starting to get confused.  lol

Sami honey, that dress is not working for you..... Just... no.

Looks like the writers are setting it up for something to happen to EJ. No big lost. The actor has been phoning it in for so long he should have been gone a long time ago. Good riddance.

I thought the Ben/Jordan scenes were so cute! Reminded me of my brother sticking up for me.

The show lacks drama. It is so boring. Hope we can get Philip/Belle to come in after EJ/Sami's exit.

Edited by Sidney

I don’t believe Sami really wants Rafe.  Although at one time, I do think Sami loved Rafe very much.  I think she is hurt, angry, confused, and wondering what if.  Sami was stupid for choosing to be with EJ, and now once again her life is a wreck.  Kami are also being used to prop the boring Rafe/Jordan, and I’m tired of it.  Kate just needs to admit she wants Sami for herself.

I wonder if Sami might be heading towards a mental breakdown.  Kate would not want that to happen in the middle of their plan with Sami still being married to EJ.  It’s time for Lucas to be brought into this scheme.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

am so exasperated with her that I can hardly stand to watch her scenes.  They have had her burn so many bridges, and while that's nothing new, it feels like they have gone too far.

But Nicole's not done anything worse than any other character on the show. The problem with her is that she's 1)stuck in this boring story and 2)she's an island, with no familial ties to anyone else on the show. People who don't currently like her probably never will, and those of us that do generally aren't asking for much, just that the show pick a direction for Nicole and stick with it (and stop torturing her with unsuccessful pregnancies). It shouldn't be that hard, even for this team of hacks.

I don't think she has to go back to scheming and baby napping to be interesting. I see her as a female Jack: a mostly reformed character played by a talented actor, capable of being edgy but not all out evil.

• Love 8

How much longer is ScAbby Doo gonna be on? Do we have to keep seeing her just about every damn day. OMG I dread when AS & JS leave cause that opens up the door for ScAbby Doo to be on more.

It really does feel like Gagby has been on every single day. I guarantee when the year is over KM will have appeared in more episodes than anyone else.

• Love 1

They could have made Ericole interesting by having them go after Kristen (with some in-between bonding while taking her down).

I groaned when I saw the monk again, and nothing screams excitement like meeting with a Cardinal  on a soap opera!

The tone of voice Abigail was using with Rafe was a bit off-putting, considering the predicament she's in.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I have no idea, but it really is weird that Sami has fixated on Rafe after all this time.  Especially since she knows that Kate wants him back (though God knows why).  It makes zero sense that Sami has started to moon over Rafe - doesn't she have enough to do right now?

The Rafe and Sami scenes seemed completely out of the blue (sort of like EJ calling Abigail "breathtakingly beautiful"), but maybe that was their goodbye scene? The fighting seemed a callback to their scenes when they were on the run, I think...though I could be wrong because I fast-forwarded a lot of that...

I also felt the scenes with Sami and Rafe today were out of the blue and unnecessary. That being said, I'm going to go out on a limb and interpret it as follows: 

Sami feels hurt by EJ. She put her trust in him and he betrayed her. So now she's wondering if she made a mistake cheating on Rafe. (Now I"m not saying there has been anything prior to this to make it flow well but in real life I could see a person whose been cheated on by one husband, feeling nostalgic for the previous husband that she left/the one that was faithful to her.)  The last scenes with Sami and the picture would then suggest that Sami's feeling/ponders of reconciliation w/Rafe were basically misplaced anyways. She still loves EJ, and a part of her doesn't want to lose him. I suspect we'll see that (Sami's struggle) play out more in the coming weeks. Her mumblings of Abby's name would back up that assertion that Sami feels like if it hadn't been for Abigail, her life w/EJ wouldn't have been destroyed. But, back to the topic of Rafe....with everything else going on and so many more meatier possibilities for Sami to wreck havoc, did they need to waste time on her prior relationship with Rafe? No. 

• Love 4
Kate just needs to admit she wants Sami for herself.

Seriously. I don't actually ship Kami romantically; I much prefer them as Platonic Cohabitating Life Partners in Crime. But pretending that the reason Kate and Sami are sniping at each other about Rafe is because each really wants the other woman for herself is the only way I'm able to tolerate the Rafe stuff.

But Nicole's not done anything worse than any other character on the show. The problem with her is that she's 1)stuck in this boring story and 2)she's an island, with no familial ties to anyone else on the show.

Yes, #2 especially is the problem. Kate, Theresa, Sami and Eve can all do as much as Nicole has and worse because they all have family on the show, even if their family isn't necessarily the most supportive or loving. It keeps such characters sustainable because at least their relatives will still talk to them, and because it explains why they stay in town even when they're total pariahs. Nicole, I look at her right now and wonder why she doesn't just take herself to NYC to start a fabulous new life, or go live wherever her brother currently is. If they're not going to give her any family, fine, she needs a best friend. She needs someone to be her person. Somebody other than Dr. Dan, please.

• Love 2
Seriously. I don't actually ship Kami romantically; I much prefer them as Platonic Cohabitating Life Partners in Crime. But pretending that the reason Kate and Sami are sniping at each other about Rafe is because each really wants the other woman for herself is the only way I'm able to tolerate the Rafe stuff.

I'm tired of Kate and Sami being used to prop Rafe/Jordan, and I also feel like this is a check mark thing for the writers.  Sami's past with Rafe has to be acknowledged.  Eric and Will have to tell Sami how horrible she is.  Kayla, Adrienne, etc.  Lucas will probably get one more two minute scene with Sami before AS leaves.  AS last scenes are supposed to be with BD.  I hope they are good.

• Love 2

I wonder if Sami might be heading towards a mental breakdown.  Kate would not want that to happen in the middle of their plan with Sami still being married to EJ.  It’s time for Lucas to be brought into this scheme.

Nooo, Lucas would only be another Abigail propper.

I LOVED when Rafe told Abigail he didn't care what she had to say.  Yaaaayyyy.

So, are EJ and Clyde going to wind up fighting each other over control of the Salem mob?

I'd love to see Nicole hook up with Clyde (if he cleaned himself up) but I'm sure they're going with Eric as her end game.

• Love 1

Sami feels hurt by EJ. She put her trust in him and he betrayed her. So now she's wondering if she made a mistake cheating on Rafe. (Now I"m not saying there has been anything prior to this to make it flow well but in real life I could see a person whose been cheated on by one husband, feeling nostalgic for the previous husband that she left/the one that was faithful to her.)  The last scenes with Sami and the picture would then suggest that Sami's feeling/ponders of reconciliation w/Rafe were basically misplaced anyways. She still loves EJ, and a part of her doesn't want to lose him. I suspect we'll see that (Sami's struggle) play out more in the coming weeks. Her mumblings of Abby's name would back up that assertion that Sami feels like if it hadn't been for Abigail, her life w/EJ wouldn't have been destroyed. But, back to the topic of Rafe....with everything else going on and so many more meatier possibilities for Sami to wreck havoc, did they need to waste time on her prior relationship with Rafe? No.

I like this interpretation because it means Sami doesn't really want Rafe. But if she were going to reminiscing about exes she should have been thinking about Lucas, dammit. 

• Love 3

As far as the board is concerned they have no real duty to keep either Stefano or EJ around.  Stefano and EJ are currently in trouble with the law and it wouldn't be out of reason for the Board of Directors to look for replacements while Stefano and EJ sort out their legal matters.  That is why Sami and Kate have a six month window to carry everything out.  Also the board has to take responsibility for their own actions, yes Kate and Sami used the fake letters to get support but they were legally voted in to their positions.  So in essence the board would have to publicly admit that they didn't do their due diligence.  With the board currently loving Sami and Kate because they are actually getting rid of the "strong hold" divisions that Stefano and EJ have been pushing while pouring money into the other divisions that the board members favor. 

Now at the end of the day it could go either way, the board could feel duped by what Sami and Kate did and actually "thank them" before asking them to quietly walk away, or the board could not care and be happy that they have two women in charge that are running the company in the way that they have wanted all along. 

Either way Sami and Kate have accomplished what they wanted and if they end up with a permanent job at the end it is just a bonus.

• Love 1

So, are EJ and Clyde going to wind up fighting each other over control of the Salem mob?

This kind of answers my earlier question -- thank you.  I hope that the writers take Clyde into his own plots and situations away from those mind-numbingly boring kids of his, since he's already more interesting than the two of them put together.

Highlight of today's show for me: Nicole, talking to herself in a garden at the Vatican that looked suspiciously like one in Salem. 

• Love 1
I like this interpretation because it means Sami doesn't really want Rafe. But if she were going to reminiscing about exes she should have been thinking about Lucas, dammit.

I think we will get some flashbacks of Sami and Lucas unless the idiot writers are hell bent on making Lucas yet another person who doesn't care about Sami at all.  Which would suck.

There should be a lot more flashbacks of Sami that have nothing whatsoever to do with either Rafe or EJ.  Sami was on the show for over 15 years before either of them showed up.

I don't know if it is JS' acting, or what he is supposed to be portraying, but I don't believe EJ gives a damn about Sami at all, in a different way than I don't believe he loves her, but is obsessed with her.  In the past, EJ seemed able to fake or believe he was in love with Sami.  Now he is so casually dismissive about everything.  He hasn't given any thought to what Sami is going through, but he can assure the boring twit she didn't do anything wrong and is a wonderful person (rolls eyes).  EJ acts like he is irritated that Sami dares to be angry he cheated on her.

If the writers are going with EJ has gotten over his obsession, is simply trying to get enough money together to take Johnny and Sydney, and leave Salem without Sami knowing, that I would believe.  Wants to try and save his marriage and family?  Not seeing any indication of that at all.

I'm hoping since Sami seems to be thinking about the past, that she remembers ALL of it, and will finally be ready to move completely on from EJ.

• Love 3

JS doesn't seem to portraying EJ as giving a damn about *anything*. I can't really remember what he was like on AMC, but I do remember he had me convinced he was smitten with Kendall. I have no idea what he's trying to sell here.

The writers aren't really showing EJ be active about anything. Everything has been taken from him, and he spent a few days in jail, but he seems to have no idea how to strike back in order to get what he's lost (which is unusual for him, in the sense, that he'll usually think up a game plan -- granted, he thinks up stupid game plans more often than not, but he'll at least be plotting something). Instead, he's stumbling around time having random conversations with people, and getting insulted by Victor, but overall he seems to have no game plan. Maybe JS is as confused about EJ's inertia as I am. EJ usually gets riled up when the tough get going, but here EJ seems almost ....lazy??

Maybe time has to be spent trying to figure out what to do with the Jordan plot before the writers can show EJ doing something pro-active to get Sami and his company back? Normally, he'd be sniffing all over Sami's neck to get her to relent, or alternatively, playing hard to get, but I guess we have to find out what's up with Ollie and Tammy Sue before we can move on to the more important business of sparring in a boardroom? (I thought that was what we'd see between EJ and Sami, and Kate and Stephano, but maybe the show doesn't have enough sets....)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

So I see Abigail must have gotten a job already!  At least, I assume that she was wearing a pair of pants she made at the local Clown Clothing Company.  I guess Jenn helped her get a job there, since I remember she has a pair just like them, just darker.  

If Our Little Ollie could look at Abigail with lust in his good ol' countryboy heart, then things have been mighty dry for this Poplar Hollow boy.  Between the clown pants and the blouse she threw together out of Grandma Horton's old doilies made her look like a patient on a day outing from the local looney bin.

But it was touching, wasn't it, to listen to Ollie and Abby compare how horrible their lives have been.  Of course, Abigail had to gently remind Ben that SHE had the WORST year, not him.  Cuz she's thoughtful that way, not a bit egocentric - right?  Why can't someone just shut her up in midsentence and push her in a trash can?

I almost thought Rafe was going to do just that when she told him to stay away from Jordan.  How delusional for this girl, barely out of her teens to think she has any business telling Rafe - or any adult - what to do.  She really does manage to be inappropriate in EVERY situation, no matter how innocuous.

I enjoyed the Rafe/Sami scenes for no other reason than how ridiculous they were.  Sami going off on that tangent about wanting Rafe when she's barely noticed him since saving his manly bits, was fun to watch in an odd sort of way.  It was like she was having a waking daydream.  I think it was really more about Sami not being able to really bear to see any man she once had move on without her.  And while I generally don't like Rafe, I did enjoy his responses to her today.  

Now why Kate wants the guy when she could easily buy herself a bakers dozen of better guys with even cuter eyelashes is beyond me.  Kate, as usual, looked great.  I was hoping we'd get to see her and Abigail in her clown pants in a scene together, just to enjoy the contrast.  It's obvious that wardrobe loves LK.....KM and MR, not so much....

And then we had Fadda Eric and Nicole in "Rome".  LIttle did I realize that the Holy Father and the College of Cardinals had relocated to Rome, Georgia - or maybe, Rome, Iowa.  Cuz they sure weren't anywhere in Italy.  If we see them having dinner tomorrow at TGIF or Appleby's, then we'll know for sure whether it's Iowa or Georgia because Rome, Iowa only has a Hardee's.

Anybody in charge of Eric should be able to take one look at the guy and realize he should no more be allowed to be a priest than he should be allowed around sharp objects.   The guy is seriously messed up in his little head.  I'm waiting for the day he realizes that the whole time he thinks God has been talking to him, he's left his bluetooth on and has been listening to Pandora.  

Maybe he'll figure that out when he tells someone that God said to "Leave a tender moment alone" and finally realizes that "God" is speaking through Billy Joel.

But Nicole's not done anything worse than any other character on the show. The problem with her is that she's 1)stuck in this boring story and 2)she's an island, with no familial ties to anyone else on the show. People who don't currently like her probably never will, and those of us that do generally aren't asking for much, just that the show pick a direction for Nicole and stick with it (and stop torturing her with unsuccessful pregnancies). It shouldn't be that hard, even for this team of hacks.

I don't think she has to go back to scheming and baby napping to be interesting. I see her as a female Jack: a mostly reformed character played by a talented actor, capable of being edgy but not all out evil.

Great Nicole breakdown, and I thank you.  I think AS is a really good actor who has been given horrendous material.  And even then, she's been able to make it work - sometimes.  But sticking her in this dead end Eric storyline, while isolating her so completely has made her almost unwatchable.  

But that can all change, if the writers realize they have gold in this actor and start using her appropriately.  Kick KM and MS to the curb, or at least cut back on their airtime, and up AS and Jenn Lilley and a few others.  She's too good to waste like this.  

Frankly, it's only AS that has kept me watching this Eric nonsense at all, and I'm hoping we're near the end of it all.

And who the hell thought she'd look good in that cast off Morticia Adams nightgown they had her in today?

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
Now at the end of the day it could go either way, the board could feel duped by what Sami and Kate did and actually "thank them" before asking them to quietly walk away, or the board could not care and be happy that they have two women in charge that are running the company in the way that they have wanted all along.

I think that's why the show made sure to have us see Kate making derogatory comments about board members as Will recorded her. That's going to be the sticking point for the board. If it weren't for Kate unintentionally on record dripping scorn, then the board would be like, "Oh, well played. Not ethical, but you've made us a fortune, so whatever. We're more impressed by what you pulled off in taking over than upset." But as you said later, Kami only plan to be there for six months anyway, so big deal. They'll have to field some nasty phone calls from board members, I guess. They can handle it.

There should be a lot more flashbacks of Sami that have nothing whatsoever to do with either Rafe or EJ.  Sami was on the show for over 15 years before either of them showed up.

Ooo, Sami flashbacks. I want to see the epic slap by Carrie, because that never gets old. I want a moment from ALL of her weddings - also the moment when Austin opened her closet door and started pulling out all her wedding dresses. I want the moment when she electrocuted herself that turned her from GoodSami back into RealSami, because the SFX for it were hilarious. I want the Lumi "When A Man Loves a Woman" marriage proposal. And I want each and every time she shot somebody. For starters.

God, the flashback sequence could be absolutely amazing if the show puts any effort into it.

And who the hell thought she'd look good in that cast off Morticia Adams nightgown they had her in today?

I thought it was Nicole's attempt to blend in with the nuns. Which is hilarious. And boes, I live for your daily "recaps!"

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5

I agree with bantering that Sami wasn't trying to get Rafe back, but instead was trying to assure herself that she had made someone she loved happy.  I think AS is doing a great job showing Sami as really struggling with what EJ did to her and how badly it cut her to her core.  It sucks that so many other characters have shrugged their shoulders like it's no big deal, and then turned around to assure the mistress that she is still good and pure.

I will forever love Rafe for telling Abigail that he didn't give a shit what she thought.  And the look on his face when he said it was priceless!  I wish more people would treat her with the disdain she deserves.  I just don't understand why she's in so many storylines.  Next Abigail will be showing up in "Rome" to tell the bishop that Nicole is the devil with a really bad hairstyle.  Enough with KM.  She's not very good and is on-screen all the time, while far better actors and more interesting characters are shoved to the sidelines. 

• Love 8

Exactly!  She's all alone in her corner and has been reduced to begging and pleading for scraps.  Yet again.  She doesn't even seem to have an actual home.  I find that hard to watch, what with my lack of anger management skills and all.  Every time Eric gives her that Judgy McJudgerson glare and whisper-shouts at her (has anyone else noticed how he does this... its all breathy whispers or breathy shouts), I want to take his sad trombone and just smash it over his head. 

I'm not asking for much either.  Just bring in someone who she can be herself around and someone who chooses HER first, above anything or anyone else, then let it play out and see what she decides to do with that.  It seems to be all negative extremes with her; completely conniving or completely pathetic.  Being a female Jack sounds good to me (miss him), as long as she gets a better spouse than Jack was stuck with for just about all of his nine lives.   

eta:  Is she still friends with Chloe?  Can they at least have her do one-sided conversations with Chloe, so we can see that she does have one person to vent to?  Is that too much to ask?  Yes.  Yes it is. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 2

I miss the old days when mistresses knew their place in society and had the decency to keep quiet and definitely never had the nerve to confront the wife. I also miss the days when Abby was treated like a supporting character.

• Love 7

Just bring in someone who she can be herself around and someone who chooses HER first, above anything or anyone else, then let it play out and see what she decides to do with that.  It seems to be all negative extremes with her; completely conniving or completely pathetic.

I suspect they're going to do that with Eric, but I want to see someone pursue and win Nicole over for a change instead of the other way around. 

I don't need another reason to dislike Sami, but her nearsighted comment yesterday pissed me off. I suppose since she couldn't call Jordan a slut in this instance, she had to find something else to mock.  So, sure, let's make a crack about her wearing glasses like a snot nosed kid on the playground. (Hmmmm...can you tell I've worn glasses all my life?)

• Love 3

Nicole has the same problem most of the characters do.  They are never allowed to grow.  Any tiny step they take forward is immediately undone by the writers.  I think the writers ruined the Nicole/Chloe friendship to.  It's to bad the writers couldn't figure out a way to get Sami, Kate, and Nicole all working together (with their original badass personalties they had before they became doormats for the Dimeras).  I would love for Stefano, EJ, and Kristen to all die or go to prison.

Eric might want to start practicing what he has been preaching to Sami and the rest of Salem.  Nicole was wrong to destroy the evidence.  However, Eric believed Sami should be all forgiving and just get over Nicole kidnapping Sydney, so Eric here is your chance to forgive.  I did like Sami telling Eric that moving on and forgiving weren't her thing.  Sami and Nicole may not have a lot of self-awareness, but they do seem to be ahead of Eric in that regard.

While Sami is thinking about her previous relationships, and wondering if any of the men were happy, I would love for her to reflect on just how happy she wasn't when she was twisting herself inside out trying to be what the current guy wanted constantly worrying if she didn't live up to expectations that they would abandon her.  Sami should not forgive EJ.  That would be unbelievably stupid.  EJ will just do this to her again.  Any time they have a disagreement, or EJ needs his ego stroked, he'll be out screwing around again, blaming Sami for his actions.

• Love 6

I've always been pretty staunchly pro-Sami, particularly throughout this latest storyline. However, if she ends up blaming Abby and only Abby for destroying the already dysfunctional mess that was Sami/EJ while reconciling with the sociopathic mobster who had made the commitment to her in the first place, I will be profoundly disgusted. And, yeah, based on the past couple of episodes, I'm preparing to be profoundly disgusted :)

And the Rafe stuff is, as you guys have noted, hilariously out of the blue and just sort of generally pathetic...can the woman even contemplate being happy *without* a man for even just a week or two? Does she define herself solely based on whether a guy is panting after her at the time, even if it's a guy (Rafe) she's seemed not to have any feelings left for whatsoever?!  I think the real happy ending for Sami would be for her to figure out how to be contentedly single for awhile, though I'm not holding my breath! And I'll chime in with those who loved Rafe's total dismissal of Abby. 

I, too, am pro-Nicole. When I first started watching, she struck me as easily one of the best actresses on the show and one of the sadly few characters who had spark and personality. I just want her to finally gets scenes and storylines outside of the yawn-inducing, someone-check-to-make-sure-he-still-has-a-pulse Eric. And to get a new hairstyle. And for the show to hire new writers. Hey, a girl can dream! 

• Love 5

I suspect they're going to do that with Eric, but I want to see someone pursue and win Nicole over for a change instead of the other way around. 

I would love that!  I really want her away from Eric who seems to make Nicole into this Debbie Downer type of person.  AZ/Nicole has so much pizzazz and comedic potential, I would love for her to become the female Jack of the show.  Someone involved in her career, whose personal charisma attracts all kinds of interesting people. And if they can't do that, make her a gold-digger again - scheming and manipulative.  I absolutely hate the current pathetic, needy Nicole and IMO, Eric isn't close to being the right match for her.

• Love 5
Rome, Iowa only has a Hardee's.

boes, this is a thing of brilliance :)  I remember stopping at the Hardee's on the way to State College--ah, memories!

And yes, Abby's outfit yesterday was awesomely ugly and I do have to wonder about Ben/Ollie--doesn't it freak him out even slightly that Abby had an affair with a man in an alleged committed relationship?  Doesn't he wonder even a little if this is a pattern for Abby's future behavior?

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Eric will perk up once all of this priest business is behind him. He's dull, but so pretty to look at. I'm willing to give him a chance, because of that, but the writing needs to brighten him up.

• Love 1

And the Rafe stuff is, as you guys have noted, hilariously out of the blue and just sort of generally pathetic...can the woman even contemplate being happy *without* a man for even just a week or two? Does she define herself solely based on whether a guy is panting after her at the time, even if it's a guy (Rafe) she's seemed not to have any feelings left for whatsoever?!

Like mother, like daughter, like half sisters?  lol   It runs in the family. 

• Love 1

Sometimes I think Eric is attractive.  Well, okay, I think GV is attractive.  Eric is too much of a asexual, sour puss, man child for me.  I can't get it up for that.   

So, is this priest stuff going to go away soon?  I'm sorry, but I really, really hate this religious SL.  The show has always had a Catholic bent, which was in character for most of the families of Salem, but I don't want to have to sit and watch an obviously confused man praying to a lamp (love that), or a woman asking god which lingerie is best for seducing a priest, or another woman plotting to rape a priest (ugh why), or Father Squiggy (in general).

• Love 6

I didn't mind Rafe's comments to Sami, but I think I would have been more excited by them if he had said them during that time she was ping-ponging between EJ, Lucas, and Rafe. Now that she's actually Miss Lonely Hearts, the comments seemed to have less punch.

The scenes were so weird, I did find them strangely entertaining in terms of the line delivery though. AS seemed to play the scenes as if Sami was play-acting or trying to distract herself from a nervous breakdown.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

And yes, Abby's outfit yesterday was awesomely ugly and I do have to wonder about Ben/Ollie--doesn't it freak him out even slightly that Abby had an affair with a man in an alleged committed relationship?  Doesn't he wonder even a little if this is a pattern for Abby's future behavior?

I've been baffled as well by his blind, casual acceptance of Abigail's affair with EJ.  Weren't they kind of dating during all that?  I think Ben's mighty unusual from most men who might have felt a bit disconcerted by Abigail's "indiscretion".  He seems more upset about Rafe cheating on Jordan than he was about Abigail's fling.  Of course, the guy is such a terrible actor - who can tell what he's thinking.

• Love 2

The scenes were so weird, I did find them strangely entertaining in terms of the line delivery though. AS seemed to play the scenes as if Sami was play-acting or trying to distract herself from a nervous breakdown.

I thought she ABSOLUTELY played them like she wanted Rafe back.  And that was her goal until he laughed in her face.  When he shut her down, she tried to save face and make it look like she was only concerned for his well being.  Her entire demeanor when he first walked in was cute and seductive...the coy glances and sweet smile.  And the minute he let her know it wasn't happening she switched into bitch mode.

Sami is spiraling.  One minute she's snarling at someone about staying out of her way and the next she's throwing herself at a man she hasn't really spoken to since they divorced.  Wow....and people think Abby has mental problems.....schizoooooooo

Not sure why it is Ben needs to be concerned with Abby's affair with EJ.  It happened before he knew her.  It's clear she's remorseful about it.  Not to mention, he has a few skeletons in his closet himself.  If he was to start getting up on his moral high horse with her it would come off as INCREDIBLY hypocritical.  Besides, it was EJ who was in the committed relationship....not Abby.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape

Sami is spiraling.  One minute she's snarling at someone about staying out of her way and the next she's throwing herself at a man she hasn't really spoken to since they divorced.  Wow....and people think Abby has mental problems.....schizoooooooo

Yes, I totally agree that Sami is going off the deep end.  Maybe her show exit will be a nice long stay at a mental institution.  After she murders EJ though.

Not sure why it is Ben needs to be concerned with Abby's affair with EJ.  It happened before he knew her.  It's clear she's remorseful about it.  Not to mention, he has a few skeletons in his closet himself.  If he was to start getting up on his moral high horse with her it would come off as INCREDIBLY hypocritical.  Besides, it was EJ who was in the committed relationship....not Abby.  

OK, that makes sense. I thought Ben and Abby had been together during at least one of her sex romps with EJ.  I must admit I don't really pay attention to scenes with Ben and Jordan.  Ben in particular has the same effect on me as Ambien.

Not sure why it is Ben needs to be concerned with Abby's affair with EJ.  It happened before he knew her.  It's clear she's remorseful about it.

I don't think it's clear Abby's remorseful at all--she'll talk about being remorseful but she's way too self-righteous towards Sami to truly feel sorry for what she'd done with EJ.  I feel that when you've made a mistake that hurts people, you have to take your punishment anf Abby doesn't seem willing to take the punishment.

And I think most men would pause before getting together with a woman who'd just had a hand in destroying a relationship.  It would be indicative of her feelings towards committed relationships.

• Love 5

I wouldn't expect Ben to get all judgmental about people he has just met, except that everyone in Salem does just that.  I do find it odd that everyone acts like Sami has no right to be angry and hurt.  They don't have to agree with what Sami does, but the overall attitude that Sami isn't allowed to have any feelings whatsoever is just strange.

• Love 3

I don't think it's clear Abby's remorseful at all--she'll talk about being remorseful but she's way too self-righteous towards Sami to truly feel sorry for what she'd done with EJ.  I feel that when you've made a mistake that hurts people, you have to take your punishment anf Abby doesn't seem willing to take the punishment.

And I think most men would pause before getting together with a woman who'd just had a hand in destroying a relationship.  It would be indicative of her feelings towards committed relationships.

Agreed and I've said before that remorseful people don't get all up in the face of the one they betrayed (and yes, it was a betrayal.  Abby wasn't a stranger) and talk about how great the sex was and how connected they were and how it was all the fault of the wife.   

Remorseful people when confronted by the betrayed would be humble and say things like "I completely messed up.  What I did was selfish and thoughtless and I have no excuses for my poor behavior. I hurt not only you and your children (whom I care about), but I hurt myself and my family.  You have every right to be angry with me and I don't blame you for wanting to hurt me in return."

Remorseful people actually have emotion behind their words and in their body language.  Abby, like all narcissistic sociopaths (I almost married one, I should know) just mimic the emotional and behavioral patterns of others in order to get the reaction they want.  There's no sincerity, she can turn it on and shut it off like a switch.   

Now before anyone says "But Sami...!!", yeah Abby's issues don't negate Sami's and Sami's do not negate Abby's.   Hers are hers alone to atone for.  The people of Salem need to get a fucking grip. 

• Love 4

I wouldn't expect Ben to get all judgmental about people he has just met, except that everyone in Salem does just that.  I do find it odd that everyone acts like Sami has no right to be angry and hurt.  They don't have to agree with what Sami does, but the overall attitude that Sami isn't allowed to have any feelings whatsoever is just strange.

This is a bit extreme.  No one has "acted like Sami isn't allowed to have any feelings".  

However it cannot be denied that Sami's reaction is over the top and scary.  People have flat out told her they understand she's hurt and upset, they just don't believe she should be going after Abby with such vitriol.  I mean fine if you wanna tell the town she's a slut who destroyed your family, I don't expect her to do any less.  But the constant, "I'M GOING TO BURN HER LIFE TO THE GROUND!!!" shit is....just whoa dude.  Go punch a wall or something but calm yourself.  I've been cheated on before and yeah I was pissed but I didn't vow to destroy anyone's life.  

And yes Abby has been remorseful towards Sami.  However it hasn't done any good, so why keep apologizing for it?  

• Love 1

I don't think that Ben needs to get on his high horse with Abigail but I do think that your reaction to the situation would be different if it is friends versus dating.  As Abigail's friend I can see him supporting her and being detached, but as a romantic interest there should be some form of "let me take a pause and assess if this is someone and something I want to get involved with".  I think that would be a normal reaction and also show that their are outside ramifications when you have an affair with someone.  It could effect future relationships.  There is also the question that Abby wasn't just some random woman she was a part of EJ and Sami's lives, and becoming a close friend to Sami.  I don't think questioning someone's character is so out of the blue.  Hell, Ben doesn't even know that this is the second attached man that Abby has involved herself with.

Jordan's reaction should be interesting as well.  As much as Jordan may dislike Kate she has to on some level recognize that those qualities are alive and well in her dear friend Abby, whom she likes to defend. 

• Love 3

This is a bit extreme.  No one has "acted like Sami isn't allowed to have any feelings".  

However it cannot be denied that Sami's reaction is over the top and scary.  People have flat out told her they understand she's hurt and upset, they just don't believe she should be going after Abby with such vitriol.  I mean fine if you wanna tell the town she's a slut who destroyed your family, I don't expect her to do any less.  But the constant, "I'M GOING TO BURN HER LIFE TO THE GROUND!!!" shit is....just whoa dude.  Go punch a wall or something but calm yourself.  I've been cheated on before and yeah I was pissed but I didn't vow to destroy anyone's life.  

And yes Abby has been remorseful towards Sami.  However it hasn't done any good, so why keep apologizing for it?  

Because she FUCKED UP!   Yes, she should keep apologizing.  That's what decent people do.  They are humble, keep their head down and apologize and attempt to make amends or rectify the situation, if possible.  It hasn't been that long in Salem days since it all came out.  It's not like it's been years, or even months,  And the bitch keeps arguing with Sami.  Just shut the fuck up, Abby.  You were wrong AND you pissed off the wrong person.  Deal. 

I don't even think she is or was sorry anyway for what she did only that she was caught.  And because EJ turned her down.  This is the women who, not just made a one time mistake, she went back over and over again and even propositioned EJ about being his full-time private V.I.P.   If he had taken her up on that romantic offer, she would still be climbing him in the shower stall.   

eta:  To clarify, I don't think this is something Abs can't come back from.  Cheating is like breathing to most Salemites.  But she still has to pay her dues and she's only extending the pain by trying to fight Sami.  The whole reason I love Sami is that when she fucks up (and boy does she), she accepts and expects retaliation and prepares for it in her own special nutty way (damage control or revenge on the revenger).  Abby is just pulling a Carly Corinthos... brave, strong and loves with her whole heart, stiff upper lip and all that.  That's what I find so heinous. 

Edited by radishcake
  • Love 4

I think if you guys want someone to take pause concerning Abby's character it probably shouldn't be from two people who have spent their entire existence in Salem lying to everyone about who they are.  

Because she FUCKED UP!   

Whoa...calm down.  I don't need or appreciate being yelled at.

Agreed and I've said before that remorseful people don't get all up in the face of the one they betrayed (and yes, it was a betrayal.  Abby wasn't a stranger) and talk about how great the sex was and how connected they were and how it was all the fault of the wife.   

Remorseful people actually have emotion behind their words and in their body language.  Abby, like all narcissistic sociopaths (I almost married one, I should know) just mimic the emotional and behavioral patterns of others in order to get the reaction they want.  There's no sincerity, she can turn it on and shut it off like a switch.   ....

Now before anyone says "But Sami...!!", yeah Abby's issues don't negate Sami's and Sami's do not negate Abby's.   Hers are hers alone to atone for.  The people of Salem need to get a fucking grip. 

You nailed it.  She's not remorseful about anything, other than being caught.  And now that she's finding that she's getting positive feedback from everyone each time she says she's sorry, she trots out her "remorse" at the drop of a hat.  Pavlov had his dog, and Salem has Abby.  Every time she does something bad, everyone lines up to tell her what a superdooper person she is.  I'm sorta surprised she hasn't had a teeshirt made up with "I'm so sorry" on it.

I don't think that Ben needs to get on his high horse with Abigail but I do think that your reaction to the situation would be different if it is friends versus dating.  As Abigail's friend I can see him supporting her and being detached, but as a romantic interest there should be some form of "let me take a pause and assess if this is someone and something I want to get involved with".  

I don't think Ollie is too swift in the thinking department.  And I also think he's had a looooooooooooong dry spell.  Giving the woman he wants to "date" a pass without examining the longterm impact of her behavior on their possible relationship really doesn't make any sense.  If she'd broken the law, or something like that, Okay, I can see him looking past that quickly.  But her sleeping with EJ - and flirting with him at the same time should give him pause.  

And frankly, if that didn't bother him, then at least he should have run like hell when he saw her parading around town in her clown pants yesterday.  

I don't need another reason to dislike Sami, but her nearsighted comment yesterday pissed me off. I suppose since she couldn't call Jordan a slut in this instance, she had to find something else to mock.  So, sure, let's make a crack about her wearing glasses like a snot nosed kid on the playground. (Hmmmm...can you tell I've worn glasses all my life?)

Me too!  First pair when I was 10.  And doesn't everyone in Salem - including Sami - pull out a pair of glasses when they want to try and look "smart"?

Not that it works for most of them....

• Love 3

I think if you guys want someone to take pause concerning Abby's character it probably shouldn't be from two people who have spent their entire existence in Salem lying to everyone about who they are.  

Whoa...calm down.  I don't need or appreciate being yelled at.

lol I wasn't yelling at you, personally, just emphasizing my point and for some reason I can't bold anything.  I'm sorry if it came across like that.

• Love 1

See I think in a roundabout way they sort of have.  What Sami seems to have gotten is a quick "You have a right to be angry" while not being incredibly sympathetic and patronizing to her.  When the first thing out of Kayla's mouth is "Poor Jen" that seems to say a lot about where people's thoughts and feelings are.  When Adrian storms over to Sami's home to tell her off about Abby being fired, that is not sympathetic at all.  When Jennifer got over her shock of hearing about everything, she didn't go to Sami to try and make peace and apologize for her daughter's behavior, not for sleeping with EJ but for being duplicitous to hurting Sami considering they were friends.  Now do I really expect these people to do that, no, but you can't have it both ways.  If you aren't the person to knock on Sami's door and show her sympathy, then you shouldn't be the person to knock on her door and curse her out.

I also feel that Sami is being fueled by not only Abby's behavior but those around her.  Sami was a completely different person in her scenes with Caroline, not just because Caroline is her grandmother but because she didn't bring up or defend Abby, she just focused on Sami and what she was going through and how to try to get through to her and help her. It wasn't about admonishing her, but actually trying to reason with her from a place of concern. 

All the things Sami has done to Abby so far have been fair.  She told a few people what Abby did and she highlighted Abby's terminable behavior.  Abby should have took those licks and stayed away from Sami. 

There is also the question of "playing with fire".  On one hand I don't think Sami should "destroy" Abby, and then I think what the hell was Abby doing putting herself in the middle of one of the most dangerous, drama filled relationships in Salem.  I mean really, Abby has put herself square in the middle of the mob and the worst that has happened to her was getting fired. 

As far as Ben is concerned I agree that he has his own issues but like I mentioned there is a difference between being a friend to Abigail and being her boyfriend.  I would also say that when Abby learns the truth about him she should also take a pause and ask herself that with all the drama she has going on is Ben and his issues something she wants to bring into her life. 

It is not a matter of "you have issues" "I have issues" let's get together.  Hell, because they both have issues that actually may be a reason not to get together.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3

People in Salem were already lining up to tell Sami she was wrong before she even did anything.  Eric and Will both started criticizing Sami before she even talked to Kayla about enforcing hospital policy.  So far, the only thing Sami has done is tell the truth, and ask Kayla to do her job.

I don't believe the boring twit is even remorseful she got caught.  I think she is remorseful EJ isn't having sex with her anymore.

Damn, I really wanted for there to be a video Sami could post on the internet.  Everyone in Salem hearing the pathetic side piece begging to be EJ's mistress and getting shot down would be priceless.

• Love 3

Kayla's reaction didn't bother me so much. Sami did marry the guy who tortured Kayla's husband and tried to kill her daughter and, to my recollection, never tried to make amends.  Sami didn't have to go to Kayla for this. She could have gone to Abby, told her to resign or else, and then go from there. That whole scene was full of mutual lack of consideration!

See I think in a roundabout way they sort of have.  What Sami seems to have gotten is a quick "You have a right to be angry" while not being incredibly sympathetic and patronizing to her.  When the first thing out of Kayla's mouth is "Poor Jen" that seems to say a lot about where people's thoughts and feelings are.  When Adrian storms over to Sami's home to tell her off about Abby being fired, that is not sympathetic at all.  When Jennifer got over her shock of hearing about everything, she didn't go to Sami to try and make peace and apologize for her daughter's behavior, not for sleeping with EJ but for being duplicitous to hurting Sami considering they were friends.  Now do I really expect these people to do that, no, but you can't have it both ways.  If you aren't the person to knock on Sami's door and show her sympathy, then you shouldn't be the person to knock on her door and curse her out.

Because 99.9% of the people in her life warned her against EJ.  When she shouldn't have needed a warning at all.  He's raped her twice, kidnapped their kid and made her think she was dead, and put another man looking like her husband in her bed who was not only a danger to HER but HIS children as well.  For all of you who want Abby to take responsibility for her part in this and refuse to give her ANY passes because she's an adult and makes her own choices...I agree with you...but let's also take a look over at Sami here.  She involved herself with a man who has wronged the majority of the people in this town in some way and if he hasn't then his father, sister, or some other damn family member has.  And she's shocked he cheated on her?  Really?  

She wants sympathy for turning a blind eye to EJ's bullshit and people just aren't willing to give it to her.  As a viewer, I am also not willing to give it to her.  At least Abby has the fact that she's young and inexperienced on her side.  What excuse does Sami have for explaining away what she knows about EJ and jumping into a relationship with him anyway?  She thought it would be different....oh ok...well I guess the 16th time IS the charm.