Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It's not a stretch to suggest that if Abifail and Chad hadn't had sex or if Abifail had put on her big girl panties and dumped Ben a long long long time ago maybe he wouldn't have felt it necessary to start killing people. Obviously, Ben is responsible for his own actions but I think it's fair to say Chad and Abifail set off an unfortunate chain of events.

It's a huge stretch. Abi and Chad are responsible for their own mistakes, but not dumping someone or cheating does not make him a serial killer and isn't an excuse to blame them for his starting to kill people. He started killing people because he's totally mentally unglued. Who knows who he killed and what he did in Florida before he came to Salem, is that because of Abi and Chad too? Do we blame another girlfriend for those murders? The only person to blame for Ben being a psycho killer is Ben.

Nobody made him that way and it's not on anyone for not breaking up with him as an excuse to say had she done that or had Chad not gone after her then may be Ben wouldn't have started killing people. 

• Love 7

Yeah, Freddie left, Guy Wilson sucked & Paul is just another standalone gay person. Obviously, you have to kill Will. LOL!!!! I'm not convinced Will would have been killed had Freddie stayed but him leaving made it easy for the past/current writers and Ken Corday to fire Guy Wilson. Guy always looked like he was sucking a lemon and the writers were trying to make him Sammi light which didn't help. I think they should have had Guy/Will leave Salem and recasted the part. He is a legacy character with a great back story and was a rare (if not a one in a million) gay chracter in Salem. Also, the murder of Will doesn't make sense since the other two victims were woman. I still don't know who decision is ultimately was. The writers or Ken Corday? Since, Corday kills major characters off like they were day players I'm assuming it was him. Dumb move either way.

• Love 2

I don't think anything Ben or Abigail did drove Ben to be a nutzoid psychopathic killer.  Perhaps there was a tipping point moment, but if it wasn't one thing it would have been another.  Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of things I hold Abigail responsible for, my inability to keep food down, for a start.  And my now almost automatic gag response when I see her on screen.  But even she doesn't have the power to turn someone into a serial killer.  

Now I could see her making him so nervous that he became a serial bedwetter, that would be believable.

My main fear and we know it will happen because it always does with her, is that Abigail will end up being the heroine/victim of the Big Bad and overshadow Will, Serena and Paige, to such an extent that they'll be virtually forgotten while the town celebrates Abs and licks her clean like a cat with a kitten.

And that sort of shit could turn ME into a Cereal Killer. I'd choke her to death with Count Chocula's, and bludgeon her with Capn' Crunch.

Let her eat MUESLI!

• Love 14

Remember when Sami was withholding sex from EJ and it was still NOT her fault that he cheated on her? Not Chad and Abby's fault that Ben is a murderer. 

I don't want Will back from the dead, and my affection for Sonny waned a long time ago, but I hope they aren't finished with gay characters. I almost think one of them has to come back for one to resonate with some of the more gay-indifferent viewers, though. They could always bring on another known-ish character who's grown up off screen and have them be gay (similar to Sonny). It sucks that I even have to think about ways to make a gay character  more relatable to homophobic viewers. I like Paul, but I don't' know what the general consensus on him is. Is he liked enough to be at the center of gay Salem?

• Love 3

I don't see the actor playing Paul staying too much longer. Unless, they write a new gay chracter in Paul will be sidelined. Also, the actor has a continuing role on H50 which he does really well. I think he'll leave for the greener pastures of prime time.

• Love 2

Ben looked so crazy when talking to himself in the mirror after being questioned by Rafe.  Rafe was quite good in that scene love the old time mystery feel to it. 

ITA with not wanting to see Chad's head bashed again.  God that was awful.   Marlena and Sami are such a cool mom/daughter team.  They are so different yet can really read what each other are thinking.

Not really familiar with the character of Gabby but have really liked her so far.

• Love 5

Sami was right to freeze EJ out of bed. He laughed about her brother's rape. Of course I really don't know whether rape is a laughing matter between them, given their history...but I would venture to guess not.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I don't see the actor playing Paul staying too much longer. Unless, they write a new gay chracter in Paul will be sidelined

Why would you say that? Paul being gay is not the sum of his character. And all characters do NOT have to be partnered to be viable.

Edited by MsTree

It's a soap.  People do need to be in some way partnered to be long term viable.  Even if his romantic story is that he's still in love with Sonny and Sonny is mourning Will, Sonny has to be there to make that interesting.  There are workplace storylines, but Paul being a model isn't all that interesting to me.  Being John's son and building a relationship with him could have been a lot more interesting.  Paul is very attractive, and he's nice, but he hasn't been fleshed out enough to be interesting yet.  With 2 members of his romantic kinda triangle gone, I'm also guessing he'll go and be successful on H50.  

• Love 6

I would like Paul to continue on the show. I would like them to find a use for him. He could decide to become a PT like Jordan so he could help others recovering from injury, for example. Then he could be involved in other plots at the hospital in a more natural way.

I guess I had thought that a lot of the animosity towards Paul was due to his interloping between Will and Sonny. Now it seems it is because of the actor and the character itself? That makes me sad. He is definitely above average on this show in terms of emoting effectively on camera. I am always interested to see him when he shows up. The fact he is gay is sort of a cherry on top for me.

I thought it was funny that Paul said he wasn't a stalker when he ran across Sonny in the park - I see what you did there, show - very meta. I didn't really get any sense that he was making a play for Sonny either there or at the apartment. He has loved Sonny a long time, and he was friends with Will. I can believe that he is concerned about Sonny's pain.

• Love 7

Apparently not. LOL. She had some pretty smoking scenes between EJ and Chad 2.0.

Her "O" face during the sex and moaning gave me nightmares. Se looked like the mask from Scream and sounded like a horny cat.

• Love 8

I'm sorry, but Paul definitely seemed to be moments away from laying one on Sonny during their scenes last week. I get that the show wants him to appear concerned but the dialogue and the acting really suggest he just wants to bed Sonny again and that turns me off big time. The man is in mourning - stop trying to give him goo goo eyes!

No guy ever jogs through that park without the writers trying to create sexual tension (see Brady, etc).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Sonny got regulated to the 2nd row? He was Will's husband. Send Eric to the 2nd row. Sonny should have been the one next to Lucas. Lucas mentioned T in his speech, yet where was T?  Where was Adrienne and Justin to be there for their son? Theresa? Maggie? Brady? Julie? Caroline couldn't be let out? Heck, even Stefano should have been there. No mention of Carrie & Austin? They raised him for years. Bille? Etc..

This was a legacy character that was both Brady and Horton that we've seen in plots from before he was born and there was paternity switches and Sami was passing him off as Austins. When Sami walked into Carrie and Austin's wedding to break it up. This should have been a full cast event funeral in St.Lukes. All his relatives, not a handful in a park.

Roman wants to arrest Andre, meanwhile Justin's known he was alive for awhile and said nothing to anyone about it? LOL Then Ben's the one of all people to yell out "who is this?" That's your worst nightmare Ben, cause Andre is crazier than you and will do anything to help his brother.

Loved Kate and Sami seeing each other and Sami rushing into her arms, she's more a mother to Sami than Marlena. Kate should have been next to Sami.

Kayla is COS and she couldn't take 30 minutes to go to the funeral of her nephew? I did love the line with Steve "what's wrong with this face?" lol.

So Ben will murder people, attend their funerals, comfort their family members but draws the line at speaking at the funeral? Oh please. 

Instead of Sami going home to her kids who still don't know their brother died, who never got to attend his funeral she's going to Switzerland on a search because of EJ's letter and crusade against Stefano? In the same episode Eric says how great a mother Sami was to Will? No Eric, Will hated her for majority of his life, she wasn't great and still isn't.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Glad to see Kate and Sami connect where they left off and not at odds. Liked their “partner” line and “no fun putting the screws to Stefano without you.”

So Stefano and Andre agreed he’d stay hidden but the DA has known he’s here??? Yeah, okay.

Why did Kayla decide to mention Will’s death right after telling Steve not too? Can Sami finally go see her now and get some decent advice instead of talking to her drip of a brother? Maybe Caroline can have a premonition of where EJ is!

Steve was adorable with his “What’ s wrong with this face?” line.  I don’t know how Kayla is resisting him cause I sure can’t.  And then the kiss! She should have climbed him like a tree in the middle of that hospital.

Speaking of climbing like a tree, did anyone else think Trollop might be wondering if Andre is the answer to her next Dimera lay??? After all, with EJ presumed dead and Chad in a coma, it wasn’t looking promising for Dear Abby the next time she got that urge.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5

Sonny got regulated to the 2nd row? He was Will's husband. Send Eric to the 2nd row. Sonny should have been the one next to Lucas. Lucas mentioned T in his speech, yet where was T?  Where was Adrienne and Justin to be there for their son? Theresa? Maggie? Brady? Julie? Caroline couldn't be let out? Heck, even Stefano should have been there. No mention of Carrie & Austin? They raised him for years. Bille? Etc..

This was a legacy character that was both Brady and Horton that we've seen in plots from before he was born and there was paternity switches and Sami was passing him off as Austins. When Sami walked into Carrie and Austin's wedding to break it up. This should have been a full cast event funeral in St.Lukes. All his relatives, not a handful in a park.

Roman wants to arrest Andre, meanwhile Justin's known he was alive for awhile and said nothing to anyone about it? LOL Then Ben's the one of all people to yell out "who is this?" That's your worst nightmare Ben, cause Andre is crazier than you and will do anything to help his brother.

Loved Kate and Sami seeing each other and Sami rushing into her arms, she's more a mother to Sami than Marlena. Kate should have been next to Sami.

Kayla is COS and she couldn't take 30 minutes to go to the funeral of her nephew? I did love the line with Steve "what's wrong with this face?" lol.

So Ben will murder people, attend their funerals, comfort their family members but draws the line at speaking at the funeral? Oh please. 

Instead of Sami going home to her kids who still don't know their brother died, who never got to attend his funeral she's going to Switzerland on a search because of EJ's letter and crusade against Stefano? In the same episode Eric says how great a mother Sami was to Will? No Eric, Will hated her for majority of his life, she wasn't great and still isn't.

Will's funeral was so lame...There were no flashbacks at all to commemorate his life on the show. I guess Ken Corday is too cheap to pay the previous actors who played Will. So many people were missing from his funeral..Will might as well have been a day player and not an iconic character for the past 20 years...It is so obvious the writers are rushing things and they are missing so many beats on the show..It is so irritating....Will is not cold in the ground and Sami is already talking about that damn letter. She is off to chase after her rapist.. The funeral was an epic fail....There were some good moments, but it was not what I would expect for a character like Will....Since he was put in a trash bag, it basically lets me know how the writers really feel....I hope this inane storyline was worth it in the end....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Will's funeral was so lame...There were no flashbacks at all to commemorate his life on the show. I guess Ken Corday is too cheap to pay the previous actors who played Will.

No way they were going to pay Chandler or point out to remind viewers of CM's Will. But they at least could have used some baby flashbacks and then some recent ones of WilSon wedding and Will with Ari. At least something. 

But considering how badly written and rushed that funeral was I wasn't expecting flashbacks. It's Will who to Sami already.

Speaking of climbing like a tree, did anyone else think Trollop might be wondering if Andre is the answer to her next Dimera lay?

No.
  • Love 2

I thought it was deliciously telling that Andre didn't list Kristin among the deceased DiMerras. I'm betting he only brought up EJ to get a rise out of Sami. Roman's punch was the best thing he's done in years.

I hate the "cause I'm a DiMerra!" line. Just more oversimplifying on the writer's part. And how lame was his explanation for being Stefano's son?

I skipped the actual funeral but saw the wake...were Brady, Adrienne and Justin seriously not there?!

Sami and Kate are gold. Whatever happens with the show, I hope they eventually address Marlena losing Sami to Kate.

Steve is gross. I'm sorry but I dislike that Kayla at all seems to have a small soft spot for him. I want him to cut out the macho crap and pet names and just give her time and respect. Stealing kisses doesn't make up for being a deadbeat.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

No way they were going to pay Chandler or point out to remind viewers of CM's Will. But they at least could have used some baby flashbacks and then some recent ones of WilSon wedding and Will with Ari. At least something. 

But considering how badly written and rushed that funeral was I wasn't expecting flashbacks. It's Will who to Sami already.

No.

They should have made Will's funeral into an event with Billie, Austin, Carrie, Philip coming back to support Lumi...The Hortons and Bradys should have been in attendance as well..We could have had scenes with Carrie and Sami talking about Will and that could have included flashbacks.The same with Austin, Lucas, Philip, Kate, Billie talking about Will...All of last week should have been all about Will, with today being the climax at his funeral...They should have had shown him from infancy to adulthood..Ken Corday should have paid all of the actors who played Will..It would have been poignant to see all of the Wills...Lumi should have had scenes with Sonny. They should have been comforting each other..Paige in death was celebrated more than Will...It is truly shameful...The funeral should have been held at St Luke's, where Will was baptized...The show truly did not care and it showed...

Zack's funeral was done so much better..I remember Hope combing his hair in the casket because they had combed it the wrong way. It made me cry because that was the last thing that Hope could do as a mother for her son. I also remember us seeing a shot of his little hands clutching his favorite teddy bear..The whole cast was there to pay homage to little Zack..It was held at St Luke's. You got the sense that everybody was shaken by his death..Will's death was lame and his funeral was even worst...They had enough time to plan Will's murder and give him a great funeral...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Really, really badly done.  We got ghost Paige and some flashbacks. Plus weeks of Eve's grief.

With Will we got Sami spreading her emotions between losing him and searching for EJ.   And, for me, no flashbacks means unless I search Youtube, the only times I've seem Sami with Will was last summer when he betrayed her by writing that article.

And where were Justin and Adrienne?   Will was their son-in-law.   Sonny needed their support.   Surely if Justin had time to attend Paige's funeral, he could have gone to Will's.

Clearly all these deaths and funerals are just a means to bring on the next storylines, but you'd think they could make it a little less obvious.

• Love 6

Seriously.  With Will being related to just about everyone, either directly or through his husband, I expected the whole town to be there.  And Carrie and Austin definitely needed to be there.

Are they burying people in the death park now?

I didn't see the whole thing, was there any interaction or eye contact between Trollop and Sami?

• Love 5

With how badly done this funeral was and what a let down for a charcter of Will's importance, he better be alive somewhere. Because that is the only reason I could give that to show why they didn't care to have this funeral make sense or be fitting.

Wally was over on GH today being Ned. It's possible Wally couldn't be on both shows the same day? So if that's the case, he then gets a pass to not attend the funeral.

• Love 2

Wally was over on GH today being Ned. It's possible Wally couldn't be on both shows the same day? So if that's the case, he then gets a pass to not attend the funeral.

Given Days' shooting schedule vs. GH's shooting schedule, I doubt these two episodes were filmed the same month, let alone the same day.

• Love 3

Why was Sonny not in the front row at the funeral, Will was his husband!  And where were Will's mother and father-in-law? "Will used his platform to tell some truths that needed to be told."  What truths were those?  That Sami is a slut?  That Paul is gay?

Those yellow roses were beautiful.

The cricket noises at the funeral were horribly annoying, too.

Steve, NEVER tell your teenage son it's better to get forgiveness than permission.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 7

"Will used his platform to tell some truths that needed to be told."  What truths were those?  That Sami is a slut?  That Paul is gay?

Oh Will, your tenure as a terrible fictional journalist will never be forgotten.

• Love 10

Given Days' shooting schedule vs. GH's shooting schedule, I doubt these two episodes were filmed the same month, let alone the same day.

It's not about the shooting schedule, DAYS I know taped this like 6 months ago versus just weeks for GH. It's about legally being on two networks at the same time on the same day. It's possibly it wasn't allowed contract wise.

Edited by Artsda

It's not about the shooting schedule, DAYS I know taped this like 6 months ago versus just weeks for GH. It's about legally being on two networks at the same time on the same day. It's possibly it wasn't allowed contract wise.

Oh, I dunno.  I feel like last year, when he was recurring on both shows, there were days when he was on both, but the legalities there might be different because he wasn't on contract.

But in that case, the Days scene would have already been long in the can, you'd think they'd have dibs basically.

Edited by TeeVee329

Last year was different because he was recurring and not contracted to one or the other. After he was contracted to NBC/DAYS, that was it for Ned. They quickly had to write him out before Wally's first contract airdate on DAYS. 

Glad to see Kate and Sami connect where they left off and not at odds. Liked their “partner” line and “no fun putting the screws to Stefano without you.”

So Stefano and Andre agreed he’d stay hidden but the DA has known he’s here??? Yeah, okay.

Why did Kayla decide to mention Will’s death right after telling Steve not too? Can Sami finally go see her now and get some decent advice instead of talking to her drip of a brother? Maybe Caroline can have a premonition of where EJ is!

Steve was adorable with his “What’ s wrong with this face?” line.  I don’t know how Kayla is resisting him cause I sure can’t.  And then the kiss! She should have climbed him like a tree in the middle of that hospital.

Speaking of climbing like a tree, did anyone else think Trollop might be wondering if Andre is the answer to her next Dimera lay??? After all, with EJ presumed dead and Chad in a coma, it wasn’t looking promising for Dear Abby the next time she got that urge.

As far as I know Andre does not have a family with small children for her to destroy.  

• Love 5

Okay, so Austin, Carrie, Billie, Kayla, Justin. Adrienne, Joey are nowhere in sight for Will's funeral, but we do get treated to the POV of his killer and Jennifer blandly in the background. Is the show turning Jennifer into the funeral lurker, you know, the old biddy who goes to everyone's funeral.

Loved the scene between Caroline and Kayla. I understand wanting to protect her, but she should have been given the chance to say her goodbye to Will. Caroline could have been wheeled there ala Stefano.

Once again, Thaao Penglis steals the show. I'm so glad to have him back.

Finding out about Andre's past deeds must give Ben hope. He's only killed three people and made one person comatose. Andre on the other hand has killed half the damn town and he is strolling around like none of those things ever happened. His sole punishment is being punched in the face badly by the mumbling, geriatric, commissioner of the dimwitted PD.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

Jennifer blandly in the background. Is the show turning Jennifer into the funeral lurker, you know, the old biddy who goes to everyone's funeral.

She should be at her nephews funeral. Jennifer is Lucas's sister, she should have been closer to her brother instead of Eric sitting next to him. There should have been scenes of her and Lucas, Hope and Lucas,  Lucas and Maggie (who they didn't have attend). And for Paige, she was there for JJ and for the girl she treated like family and her son's girlfriend.

More people should be attending their relatives funerals, not attacking those rare ones that do.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

She should be at her nephews funeral. Jennifer is Lucas's sister, she should have been closer to her brother instead of Eric sitting next to him. There should have been scenes of her and Lucas, Hope and Lucas, Lucas and Maggie (who they didn't have attend). And for Paige, she was there for JJ and for the girl she treated like family and her son's girlfriend.

More people should be attending their relatives funerals, not attacking those rare ones that do.

The point is not her relationship to Will but her placement in the funeral as you noted. She did not have the placement of family, but rather that of some random person off the street, hence my wondering if that is Jennifer's new role on the show. Not once did you actually see her interact with Will's "immediate" family, she didn't speak on Will's behalf, she was just there. If you were a newer viewer to the show, you would have no basis for knowing why Jennifer, whose reaction to the news wasn't shown, who had no scenes with Lucas, or even her own daughter about Will's demise, was at the funeral. My comment was a criticism of the crappy, disinterested writing that crafted the funeral, because nothing I saw today said the show cared about Will.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

What a lame horrible send off for the character of Will.  The only thing they got right was Sami and Lucas admitting all the mistakes they made with Will, and Sami running into Kate's arms.  Will's death should have consequences for years.  Instead before Will's funeral was even over, the writers were already moving on.

• Love 12

I do have to admit that there were scenes that brought me to tears today.  Sami and Kate's embrace, Lucas, the speeches made my both Sami and Sonny got to me. When Sami broke down in Eric's arms, Kayla telling Caroline, and Sonny losing it at the end.  OK I guess I teared up a lot.  It always gets me when actors/characters show real tears in crying scenes.  There was a lot of that today.  Oh,and Lucas and Sami placing the flower on Will's casket also hit me hard.  

Sonny's last scene was very emotional with tears dripping onto the new grave from his face.  Where the hell were his parents at?  Especially Adrienne as she was also close to Lucas as well as her son's husband was being buried.  What the hell?  Justin and Adrienne as well as various Hortons/Bradys not being there seemed odd.

Ugh, wasn't happy about the throwaway scenes with Ben and Abby.  Just stay seated and shut up.  Both of you.  

The Andre scene bugged me as well.  Such a creepy dude, and Roman's "punch" was laughable.

Ali Sweeney really has brought it in her scenes since she returned.  I prefer her more subdued but pained mourning over Eve's constant wailing.  But I guess everyone mourns differently.

The Steve/Kayla kiss showed me that they still have chemistry all these years later.  I'll always have a soft spot for those two together!  Hope's hair looked sublime today too. :)

• Love 7

I did think it was odd that Justin & Adrieene weren't there for Will's funeral. Like everyone else has mentioned Days is shouting 6 months ahead of schedule and GH is a month at most. Maybe, having a contract does affect it but what about Judi Evans? She could have been there. I almost didn't notice Jen at the funeral but did spot her when Killer Ben had his closeup. I thought Missy Reeves had an easy day but she did have a few lines at the pub where she she told JJ to STFU. LOL!!! Oh! One more thing............Kate Mansi's hair looks truly dreadful. The color is awful and it doesn't look like it's been washed, combed or styled in months. Someone in the hair department hates her.

• Love 4

And so ends Will Horton.  At least for now.  Show couldn't have made it any clearer that Will is now firmly placed in the past, only to be dragged out in the near future as a reason for a sad face, and soon to be nothing but one of the balls the Hortons harvest and hang from trees.

Show just might as well have had the crew come in as Sonny was saying goodbye and start clearing the set.

But, and I always have a but, even if it's gone rather skinny and flat these days, Kate, Sami, Marlena, and especially Lucas (again) and Sonny brought it home in what they had to say at the funeral.  They all got me, in one way or another.  History was referenced, some actual truth was spoken (not about Will's execrable, non-existent writing talent but it's a funeral whaddyagonnado?), and the emotions were true and clear and very poignant.  Show got to me again, in a way that I appreciate.

I'm under no illusions, though.  The serial killer storyline is now all Abigail's.  Perils of Pauline shit, except I WANT the train to run over the "heroine" in this instance.

Loved the scene between Caroline and Kayla. I understand wanting to protect her, but she should have been given the chance to say her goodbye to Will. Caroline could have been wheeled there ala Stefano.

Once again, Thaao Penglis steals the show. I'm so glad to have him back.

Finding out about Andre's past deeds must give Ben hope. He's only killed three people and made one person comatose. Andre on the other hand has killed half the damn town and he is strolling around like none of those things ever happened. His sole punishment is being punched in the face badly by the mumbling, geriatric, commissioner of the dimwitted PD.

I thought the scene with Caroline and Kayla was powerful stuff.  Those two really are convincing as mother and daughter, as two people with a strong connection.  It makes most everything they do together work.  As it did with Kayla telling Caroline about Will.  I did feel cheated, though - and if anything said "we're on to the next storyline", Caroline getting all emotional in her next scene about Bo did it.  Will got a couple of minutes, and that's not right, considering how close he and Caroline were.

I hate to say it, folks, but I'm still not all that thrilled with Steve.  Traitorous as it may seem, everytime I see him in that leather jacket look, I do think Oh come ON, man, you're not 25 anymore, Get thee to Banana Republic and dress your age!  There comes a time in every man's life where you have to give up the fashions of your youth and stay out of the fashions of today's, and start dressing your age.  It doesn't mean you'll look dowdy or old or anything negative, but otherwise you just start to look desperate - and in need of a handout and directions to a Men's Shelter.  

I'm not seeing the SEXAAY in Steve.  But maybe that's just my hangup too.  

And Joey, wipe that frown off your face or somebody will give you something to frown about.  Sullen teens on screen are about as tiresome as they are in real life, although they eat much less and don't leave dirty socks lying around.  

Andre was fabulous.  FAB U LOUS!  His entire attitude, his psyhco with a smile schtick was pretty funny.  I guess maybe he's the new Stefano??  Joe Mascolo isn't very well, so maybe TP is here for the long haul?  If so, I'm fine with it.  Especially since he and Billy Flynn play very well off each other.

Eric used to mildly annoy me, then the annoyance moved up a notch.  Now I'd just like somebody to put ants down his pants and tie his hands behind his back.  Oh, and muss his perfect hair.  And talk dirty to him.  Drive him even crazier than he is.  Crazy is one thing, prissy is another, but combine crazy, prissy and boring and you've got Eric.  I pity whoever is forced to be his next romantic partner.  They might just want to go and get a goat with no morals or sense of taste.

Okay, that's it for today.  Anybody want to bet that somebody tells Abigal she's AMAZING tomorrow?  Nobody told her that today, and I think that's a first.  Must have been annoying to have Will steal her thunder by being dead.  But, I predict we'll be back to Show as Usual by tomorrow.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I think Stephen Nichols looks awesome for 64 but I do think he looks a little ridiculous with the long hair and the wearing of the leather jacket. Granted, the guys name is Patch and he wears a patch but it's not the 80's anymore. I'm not exactly sure how he should be dressing but wearing clothes his son should be wearing isn't it.

• Love 2

I know it was Will's funeral, but who was this guy they were eulogizing? It wasn't the Will Horton I remember...

Where are they going with Eric? I'm tired of addiction plots, but what else are they going for?

• Love 1

I've only been watching steadily for a few months but I am SO impressed with this show! Will's death hit hard and the acting has been phenomenal. The connections between the characters are mostly organic. The actors seem to really enjoy working together.

Thaao Penglis is fascinating! I could watch André and Chad all day.

Y&R who? LOL

• Love 9

I think Stephen Nichols looks awesome for 64 but I do think he looks a little ridiculous with the long hair and the wearing of the leather jacket. Granted, the guys name is Patch and he wears a patch but it's not the 80's anymore. I'm not exactly sure how he should be dressing but wearing clothes his son should be wearing isn't it.

Well, I must be showing my age because I love his look : ) Partly nostalgia, maybe, but he's the kind of character who will always be himself. Patch = leather and boots. That simple. Bear in mind this is coming from someone who's husband only cut his long ponytail last year so that he could become a football referee -- and I gave him a hard time then about capitulating to "the man." Those old ways are hard to shake, I guess :)

Kayla and Caroline were perfect. I do think she should have let Caroline know about Will's death -- again, even in the years when they were failing rapidly, my parents always trusted me to be truthful with them all the time. But that collapse/hug was beautiful. Your mother is always your mother, no matter what age you both are...

• Love 10

So first Abifail was too sick to go to Paige's funeral and now she couldn't say anything at WIl's funeral because she wasn't feeling well. Wow. How about you suck it up for two minutes, stand up, and say something about your damn cousin. You know, the one who sided with you and stabbed his own mother in the back? Hell, she didn't even have to get up in front of everyone, she could've just stayed in her seat if necessary. I don't understand how she can be well enough to go to the funeral but not well enough to speak. But, it was probably for the best that she didn't speak. I'm sure she would've made her speech all about herself. 

• Love 12

I think there's a big difference between saying Chad and Abifail's actions and behavior compounded Ben's instability and saying they're directly responsible for him becoming a serial killer. Throughout their entire relationship Abifail has taken every opportunity she could find to be near Chad and then she had garden sex with him. Ben knows that she cheated on him and is constantly lying to his face and deep down he probably knows that she doesn't really want him. Ben killed Paige and Serena so he could frame Chad for murder and keep him away from Abifail. It's not a stretch to suggest that if Chad and Abifail hadn't had sex or if Abifail had put on her big girl panties and dumped Ben a long long long time ago maybe he wouldn't have felt it necessary to start killing people. Obviously, Ben is responsible for his own actions, but I think it's fair to say that Chad and Abifail have set off an unfortunate chain of events.

ICAM. Ben's a psychotic killer who has killed several innocent people in Salem alone I'm guessing and he'll richly deserve whatever punishment he'll get. My problem is that the murders will probably-and, knowing these writers, inevitably-be used to prop Chabby, in all its infinite suckitude. Ben's a monster, but at least the show admits it; Chad & Abifail are shitty in their own right,. Chad not only tricked Abby into losing her virginity to him by pretending that he was dying, he used Jordan to make her jealous and was an asshole to Serena. Don't even get me started on the deep-fried fuckery that was EJabby. Since Chad's a DiMera, at least he gets called on his shit once in a while; Abifail, otoh, is almost constantly told how wonderful she is, which is total bullshit. Once Ben gets what he deserves, the show will try to sell me that Chabby is the greatest Twu Wuw Of All, but I'm not buying it & I never will.

Re Will's funeral, the shittiness continues. Sonny's being relegated to the second row was bad enough, but Justin & Adrienne's not even being there at all sucked like a hooker on payday. If ever there was a time and a place when Sonny needed them, it was there and then. However,  Abifail's not being there was a plus because chances are she would've either been wallowing in self-pity or too busy thinking about Chad to be any good, not that she's been any good to start with.  That being said, if Paul had showed up at the memorial service in tight black pants and offered Sonny a lap dance, IMO he still would've been more appropriate than Andre, who not only crashed the memorial, he exploited Will's death for his own gain, perpetuating every negative stereotype that everyone has about his family. I didn't blame Roman for decking Andre one bit. If Andre was really the changed man that he's pretending to be, then he wouldn't have been there in the first place, but that's a moot point. As far as I'm concerned, ITA with Abe-the wrong DiMera died.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2