Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I got through by comparing it to GH.  Anything (said in my best Shawn Christian impersonation, for emphasis) is better than GH.  It really did make Days tolerable..

Or as Dr. Tan the Dan Man would say, ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNeeeeTHINNNNNNNNNNNNG isbetterthan GGGGGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Now, Nicole, rub my feet and kiss my ass, I'm due in seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeergggureeeeeeeeeeeee in an hour.

• Love 4

Kassie Depaiva was amazing today, she hit the right notes...JJ was great as well in finding Piage and in his confrontation with Clyde..Clyde is so evil and he revels in it, he neither denied nor confirmed JJ's belief that he had murdered Paige .It is obvious that Chad is being set up, the question is Who? is it Andre in collusion with Stefano, Clyde, Ben or somebody else..I am loving the cast integration, we even had a Brady/Chad scene today and we would  not have had that under the old writers..It was a good episode and I love Steve's staunch defense of Bo.  I really like  how everyone is accusing Steve of seeing things that aren't there with Bo's absence because HE DID THE SAME THING! It's a very logical connection to make, IMO, I'm actually pleasantly surprised so many characters are making it....Aiden seems to be more interesting now, I don't like him being bad, but Daniel Cosgrove is coming alive under the new writers...Serena became infinitely more interesting under Higriff, in her final scenes with Chad. She sizzled with Chad and I loved her gumption. It is a shame that these writers were not brought in much earlier...We could have been spared weeks of Serena looking fondly and anxiously at that damn elephant...lol

One thing that's really struck me is how EVERYONE'S performances have really stepped up. I don't know whether it's because of better writing or direction or the fact that we've heard they've gone back to receiving performance notes, but SO MANY subtle nuances have been added in.I love the production values as well, it was nice seeing the Bope house...Hope is still madly on love with Bo....Kristian Alfonso is so good at showing us Hope's internal conflict.  The performances are in the subtext...She loves Aiden, but Bo is the love of her life....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

I'm not looking forward to more sad Eve...especially since the show is hammering home the idea of her coupled with Justin. Ugh. This means poor Judi Evans is going to get stuck in another crappy storyline, where she goes all shrill harpy on Eve and they fight over Justin. Annoying.

I love Judi Evans and they're giving her turd burgers and telling her to chow down :(

I didn't think Eve's reaction today was all that great. The big moment with Roman felt rushed, like they only had 45 seconds for the pre-commercial shot and said "hurry through it!" We had a WEEK to see her cheating with JJ slowly get revealed. Anyhow I'm sure Eve'll have plenty of time to sob and be destroyed for the weeks to come (woot?)

...as much as I also like that the cast is finally being integrated into each other's lives, the Brady/Chad alcoholism scene and the Theresa/Eve baby scene were pretty heavy-handed. The show is only doing them to set things up or foreshadow things, instead of showing actual relationships between people. I wouldn't be surprised if Brady never speaks to Chad again since he was only used here to be a witness to Chad's blackout confession.

Although, in all honesty, I think it would be interesting if Brady tried to help Chad deal with alcoholism. Of course, Brady can't help anyone with anything, and I'm super confused as to what Brady's take on Chad is, given Chad was Kristin's brother and all...

Questions: Has Marlena comforted Eric over Serena's death yet? Has Jennifer had a scene with Ben and Abigail and dealt with the concept of Clyde now being part of her precious family, through marriage??

We're missing stuff here. But yes, the show is better than it's been in a long time.

I'm really not interested in seeing more of Eve being hateful, miserable, and feeling sorry for herself. Since she's come back to Salem she's been mostly annoying and now that she actually has a reason to be miserable I'm burnt out.

Technically, this is strike 3 for Eve. First, she couldn't get her singing voice back, then she betrayed Paige by boinking JJ and now Paige is dead. At this point, lady's gonna need some therapy big time!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I'm not looking forward to more sad Eve...especially since the show is hammering home the idea of her coupled with Justin. Ugh. This means poor Judi Evans is going to get stuck in another crappy storyline, where she goes all shrill harpy on Eve and they fight over Justin. Annoying.

Adrienne is going to have health problems in the near future that will involve both Lucas and Justin coming to be by her side.

• Love 2

I  hope Shane, Andrew and Kim come back for the funeral and be there for Eve...I wish the Brady family would rally around Eve, there is no way that they would not be there for Shane's granddaughter..It is a shame that the show never did anything with Paige when it comes to her ties to Shane Donovan...

• Love 2

Salem U has the most pristine, cleanest dorm showers I have ever seen. 

What confused me is, do dorm rooms routinely include their own bathrooms now? When I was at college, even the newest, fanciest dorm on the campus still had a separate communal bathroom with multiple sinks and showers. Plus, Paige was attending "Salem University," which I understood to be an inexpensive school.

• Love 5

"Do you have any hidden talents, Abigail?  Oh, right, yours only come out at night."

Lovely conversation between Steve and Hope.

Why was Roman yelling at Rafe this far into his time back on the job?  Shouldn't that conversation have taken place before he was rehired?

That tie around Paige's neck was not the tie Eric was wearing yesterday.

Sure a lot of criminal activity happens in the middle of Horton Square.

Nobody likes Steve right now.

Why didn't JJ tell Roman that Clyde is running the drugs in Salem?

• Love 5

What confused me is, do dorm rooms routinely include their own bathrooms now? When I was at college, even the newest, fanciest dorm on the campus still had a separate communal bathroom with multiple sinks and showers. Plus, Paige was attending "Salem University," which I understood to be an inexpensive school.

When I was in college back in the '90's there was both the communal like you mentioned as well as suite style--where two rooms shared one bath, essentially four people sharing one bathroom. But they certainly did not have modern tile like that and the grout was not white!  Does Paige have no roommate?

"Do you have any hidden talents, Abigail?  Oh, right, yours only come out at night."

Absolutely the best line of the day! Theresa is my new best friend, right next to Steve--the only person in town who seems to have a clue.

It's weird that Steve haven't seen his sister yet.

If Adrienne was my sister, I wouldn't bother with her either. Steve is a smart man. 

• Love 3

Nobody seemed overly concerned about the forensic investigation but they miraculously found a flower not from this hemisphere.  I can see JJ disturbing the body because he was hoping she was alive, but then one of Roman/Rafe said put a blanket over her.  Well that would certainly impact fibre evidence.  Plus I don't think Eve would have been able to see her until an investigation happened. Especially alone.  But it was a good showcase for her acting/reaction.  And I especially like that she told Paige she was sorry because she knows damn well that somehow her actions led to this (at least we think so now).

I too thought Eve's reaction when Roman told her was off.  I think she should have been angry and railed at him that he was mistaken, there is no way she could be dead.  Having been in these situations, people usually go to disbelief, and think there has been a mistake.  That made me nervous for a sec, that maybe she was involved, but I truly don't think she was.  I think it is more what was said earlier, not enough time before commercial!

Clyde not denying makes me think he is indeed involved, and perhaps the first murder was to set up Chad, the second murder to set up Chad and eliminate Paige to keep JJ in line, and then eventually it switches to another murderer.  

• Love 4

Another good day, very good day.  

Rafe is on a roll, second day running, being a cop and a human being, not a sullen dickhead.  Keep it up, Show!  Abigail, though, proved that old saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day.  She was decent yesterday, with Chad, but today she was back to her old supercilious, aren't-I-special, condescending ass.  First she's just so CUTE with Ben when they're in bed, then she's got a tableful of desserts, picking at them each and crowing about her cravings.  Woman couldn't be original if it hit her in her kangaroo head.  

And then she runs into Theresa - literally - and manages to insult her within the first thirty seconds.  Soo surprised that Theresa has talent - why, again, Abigail?  Abigail who hasn't shown one single indication of any talent other than climbing Mt. EJ over and over again without a safety rope.  Theresa snarked her back beautifully.

Now if it had been someone speaking to Abigail the way she spoke to Theresa, Abigail would have slugged them across the face.  Not Theresa.   That already gives her a leg up over that brat.  

Be prepared for Abigail's grief over Paige's death to cause everyone to gather round and comfort her.  Cuz she's special.

Oh - Ben is a putz, isn't he?  Buying wedding magazines, but making sure that Abigail knows the salesman was ASTONISHED that such a studly type would read stuff like that.  Oh, please, Ben......really, please...

Eve and Theresa's scene once again showed us what a missed opportunity it's been not to have paired these two up more.  Eve's grief was very well done IMO.  I so wish the storyline hadn't played out this way, but KdP did a great job, particularly in the morgue scene.  With Roman, she was good, the scene was, as some of you have said, not exactly great.  I don't know if Show meant us to see this, but I kept seeing all the connections between Roman and Eve, between the Bradys and Paige, and all the lost opportunities not explored.

Casey Moss did a very good job in those initial scenes with Paige's body.  And the scene where  the police led him out of the shower and sat him, down, a silent scene, was heartbreaking.  He did a good job.  

However, when he sprung up in anger about the flower petal and how they should be OUT THERE AND FIND THE MAN WHO DID THIS!, JJ not telling them about the obvious, about Clyde, was pretty glaring.  This JJ undercover crap is a bad storyline and should be wrapped up ASAP.

And then's there's Maud....I mean, Steve.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's back, although he really is a huge asshole.  And talk about being stuck in the 80's.  Dude, get a haircut, lose the leather, do something about that patch because you aren't 25 any more.  But although that would make sense - people don't stay the same, they do change - it fits Steve that he doesn't, that he's still stuck in his stud days.  But MAN does somebody need to kick his ass.  Every note he plays with just about everyone is off.  

Going after Aiden that way was just bullshit.  And going after Hope the way he did was infuriating.  So Steve comes back to Salem and NOW he's all concerned because Bo has disappeared.  That he wouldn't desert his family.  That it's suspicious.  Well big freakin' deal, Steve.  

How come it took a visit to Salem for Steve to notice that he hasn't heard from Bo in three years also?  How come his best friend Bo doesn't seem to have entered his mind until now?  So him going around town and accusing everyone else of giving up on him is prety rich.  The world has cell phones, computers, social media, etc, and I assume Steve has access to all of them.  So him being ON THE CASE now is suspect, and him calling out others the way he's doing, well, he should have his ass kicked.

Oh - and him using his harmonica when he met with Kayla - embarrassing.  Steve has lived inside his own myth so long he's become a parody.  With the way Show is portraying all of this, not in a sympathetic fashion, tells me that Patch is going to get shaken hard until he drops, reluctantly, into the 21st century.

And lastly, just because, Justin, STFU.

• Love 12

Rafe is on a roll, second day running, being a cop and a human being, not a sullen dickhead.  Keep it up, Show!  Abigail, though, proved that old saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day.  She was decent yesterday, with Chad, but today she was back to her old supercilious, aren't-I-special, condescending ass.  First she's just so CUTE with Ben when they're in bed, then she's got a tableful of desserts, picking at them each and crowing about her cravings.  Woman couldn't be original if it hit her in her kangaroo head.  

And then she runs into Theresa - literally - and manages to insult her within the first thirty seconds.  Soo surprised that Theresa has talent - why, again, Abigail?  Abigail who hasn't shown one single indication of any talent other than climbing Mt. EJ over and over again without a safety rope.  Theresa snarked her back beautifully.

Now if it had been someone speaking to Abigail the way she spoke to Theresa, Abigail would have slugged them across the face.  Not Theresa.   That already gives her a leg up over that brat.  

Be prepared for Abigail's grief over Paige's death to cause everyone to gather round and comfort her.  Cuz she's special.

It will never cease to piss me off that everyone in town casually refers to Theresa and Eve as "whore/slut/tramp" with very little data to back it up and the show has them just accepting this as their due. While Abigail the Pure will slug your ass if you look at her sideways. I doubt pregnancy is going to slow that one down a bit when it comes to administered MMA smackdowns of Deveraux righteousness.

• Love 10

And we see shades of old crappy show today.

Damn Chad, ever heard of a rufi? I think two blackouts would clue me in to a blood test.

They forgot to tell Roman that Paige is his grand niece. Rafe was more upset. They obviously did not let JJ practice his scene.

I can't wait until Eve realizes what she set in motion.

• Love 5

Sweet scenes between JJ and Paige before her untimely death -- and yeah, I think we'll see JJ implode today. I still think her killer can be traced back to Clyde, but I don't know why he's doing this fake necktie serial killer thing.

I really think it's Ben.  He wants Chad out of Abigail's life, after all.  What better way than to frame him for the murders?

• Love 2

Shane and Kayla never happened, lol Stefano and Bart brainwashed that awful storyline out of my mind...lol I always felt that Kayla and Marcus should have gotten together after Steve "died"..It was natural for them to lean on each other out of grief for Steve..Imagine the conflict that would arise, when Steve came back from the dead...

This is how I remember it. The storyline that mind bleach was created for NEVER HAPPENED! It was all an Alamain (but retconned to be a DiMera plot). Grief and mutual love of Steve brought them together and bonded them in a way that only Bo (who was off limits for obvious reasons) could get.

The story could have gone so many ways upon Steve's return. If they wanted to use the great footage with Marcus, they could have had Marcus pass to honor the fact that Richard Biggs, the actor who played Marcus, died too young. Thereby leaving Kayla available with no stupid, character ruining triangle (or wouldn't have been quadrangle?) like we got with Billie.

Today's show had way too much Pennywise and Boob, and I'm sorry show, but I need more than one day to mind bleach whatever the hell is going on with Fauxman's face, and the fact that Roman suddenly became stupid once he became Fauxman from my memory. [WN and DH as a Roman made stupid mistakes, but none that regularly appeared to to be rooted in incompetence, but because Marlena was missing or something like that. On normal cases both actors' Roman was a good cop with a good partnership with Abe.]

I felt really bad for Paige at the end of the show (not because she was dead per se, even though I think the character should have been sent of canvass), but because even within her death episode, when Eve went to the morgue, for a minute I forgot why she was there, which means Paige's character literally had zero impact on me.

I hate the big Hope stands up for Aiden in front of Steve because we know at this point, the ultimate purpose of that scene was to have Hope flashback to it when she is grinding herself into the ground for being such a fool. I know the scene was to help move the story along, but I don't want Hope kicking herself and questioning why she didn't see the truth about Aiden when from what I've seen, evil, DiMera henchman, Aiden is a retconn. I know what was done with Bo's character was as well, but Hope need not be made to play the role of the village idiot twice over.

I have an issue with the implication that Chad is being drugged and setup because no one could have known in advance that Chad would meet Serena and get drunk that night. So I await whatever lame explanation will be provided.

• Love 3

And then's there's Maud....I mean, Steve...How come it took a visit to Salem for Steve to notice that he hasn't heard from Bo in three years also?  How come his best friend Bo doesn't seem to have entered his mind until now?  So him going around town and accusing everyone else of giving up on him is prety rich.  The world has cell phones, computers, social media, etc, and I assume Steve has access to all of them.  So him being ON THE CASE now is suspect, and him calling out others the way he's doing, well, he should have his ass kicked.

In Steve's defense, I imagine that he chalked up his lack of contact with Bo to being fall-out because of what went down between he and Kayla. Who else there would have told him that Bo hasn't been in contact with anyone for years? Kayla, it's all she can do not to spit in his face (which he deserves); Hope and Kayla were always close and with Bo furious with and not speaking to him, she wouldn't have reached out. So all of this is understandably new and news to Steve, so his reactions do make sense. Steve simply assumed (yes, I know the ass of you and me follow up to using that word) that Bo was still in Salem, living with his family and taking missions as they came along. This is why he was shocked by what Hope said and has been trying to figure things out because as he told Victor, Bo's been out of contact for too long even with a deep cover mission.

• Love 4

I thought that was strange too and it would have made more sense for that to have been Paige's apartment as opposed to a dorm room that would normally have had a communal bathroom.

Eve's reaction was beautifully played and I look forward to seeing other Salemites reaction to Paige's death.

• Love 3

Kristian Alfonso is so good at showing us Hope's internal conflict.  The performances are in the subtext...She loves Aiden, but Bo is the love of her life...

I have the opposite reaction because I think KA is terrible. Always terrible. I never feel anything when I watch her attempting to act.

I'm also not looking forward to the inevitable Bo/Hope reunion. The two of them together bores me. Honestly, I would much prefer her sticking with Aidan but of course that isn't possible because now he's been tossed under the Bope bus.

Shane and Kayla never happened

I know I am going to get boo-ed for this: I didn't mind Kayla and Shane together (ducking to avoid shoes being thrown at my head). Probably because I never ever like Kim and disliked the actress who played her.

Still I did enjoy the short Kayla/Steve scene today. Though I have to agree isn't it way past time for Steve to update that Patch look?!?

• Love 2

Welp did a marathon of the past 5 shows and although my senses are saying this is a better show I am a little hesitant to make any declaration. After so many damn regimes changes, overhauls, reboots and plans to save Days, I feel like the Tina to the show's Ike. It always starts off well. I get all hopeful and happy and story is good at the outset, there is character development, use of history, they dust off the vets and then 3-6 months later - BAM!! A boot heel to the head. Shit just goes off the rails, people acting all OOC, story making no kinda sense and then it is like the show turns around and looks at me and says "why do you make me do these things?" At the end I feel like I need to get to some kind of shelter. So I will watch and wait. I will say though that I am love, love loving the back burnering of one Dr. Daniel Jonas. One day or 2 a week, minimal lines, stays in his own lane with Nicole. This works. Makes me wonder if this is why there were rumors of him threatening to leave because the real heroes were about to come back on the scene. He must miss being the savior. Got to a point where I thought the town had some type of Jonas signal. You know like a Batman signal but instead of a bat it was a surfboard or a bottle of self tanner or something.

Nicole is getting the story I always wanted for her - a business woman stomping with the big dogs. Not sure how I feel about Theresa being folded into it. Ain't gonna lie I am feeling some kinda way about her leveling false rape accusations against Xander. But oh what irony Days. In a town where this statement is accurate:

h6izisyu5dtjosxez2xd.jpg

How the hell messed up is it when the only person to actually pay for committing the crime of rape (or attempted in this case) in Salem is the one that didn't do it! Sami's declared hers her one true love and Clyde is walking around like he owns the place. Is that a boot hell I see?!?!

The biggest inadvertent giggle was the Chad/Brady scene. First, I loved the randomness of it, but Chad was like, oh wait your a former drunk/coke head, tell me about blackouts. LOL! Also a few episode back when they found the Dimera keys in the park and asked how many people have a set of those. At one point, I would've thought half the town did since everyone and anyone seemed able to waltz through the door unannounced and unescorted.

KDP was amazing this episode but I agree she was way to accepting of Paige's death. I expected more denial too.  I also felt it all went way too quick too. Felt like the reveal to her should have happened on Thursday. At least than I can imagine they had time to do forensics and such.  Wasn't too impressed with JJ's reaction though. He has just been a miss for me with high emotion/impact scenes. Felt the same way in the Eve affair reveal.

I am liking Kayla in her own story. Must be relief not to have to wax poetic about the wonderousness and fabulosity of Abigail while administering a baby daddy test and violating HIPAA laws.

I am reserving judgment on the young man playing her son.  Feels like typical soap teen #7 (angry, resentful, feeling abandoned, etc) for me right now though. 

John in the ISA is a laugh. I find that it makes it more acceptable if I imagine the "I" stands for Incontinence or Incompetent - hell, why not both?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8

Re: the dorm bathroom, my friend's daughter was a freshman last year, and her dorm room was "like a hotel room." I never saw it but apparently two girls each had a sort of private area with bed and desk, though it was all one room, and their own bathroom, they did not have to traipse down the hall to shower and pee.

This is how I remember it. The storyline that mind bleach was created for NEVER HAPPENED! It was all an Alamain (but retconned to be a DiMera plot). Grief and mutual love of Steve brought them together and bonded them in a way that only Bo (who was off limits for obvious reasons) could get.

The story could have gone so many ways upon Steve's return. If they wanted to use the great footage with Marcus, they could have had Marcus pass to honor the fact that Richard Biggs, the actor who played Marcus, died too young. Thereby leaving Kayla available with no stupid, character ruining triangle (or wouldn't have been quadrangle?) like we got with Billie.

Today's show had way too much Pennywise and Boob, and I'm sorry show, but I need more than one day to mind bleach whatever the hell is going on with Fauxman's face, and the fact that Roman suddenly became stupid once he became Fauxman from my memory. [WN and DH as a Roman made stupid mistakes, but none that regularly appeared to to be rooted in incompetence, but because Marlena was missing or something like that. On normal cases both actors' Roman was a good cop with a good partnership with Abe.]

I felt really bad for Paige at the end of the show (not because she was dead per se, even though I think the character should have been sent of canvass), but because even within her death episode, when Eve went to the morgue, for a minute I forgot why she was there, which means Paige's character literally had zero impact on me.

I hate the big Hope stands up for Aiden in front of Steve because we know at this point, the ultimate purpose of that scene was to have Hope flashback to it when she is grinding herself into the ground for being such a fool. I know the scene was to help move the story along, but I don't want Hope kicking herself and questioning why she didn't see the truth about Aiden when from what I've seen, evil, DiMera henchman, Aiden is a retconn. I know what was done with Bo's character was as well, but Hope need not be made to play the role of the village idiot twice over.

I have an issue with the implication that Chad is being drugged and setup because no one could have known in advance that Chad would meet Serena and get drunk that night. So I await whatever lame explanation will be provided.

I hope that Aiden is being coerced to go after Hope..I wished that Aiden was being coerced by Lawrence Alamain..He had history with Steve, Bo, Carly, Jennifer, Kayla, Jack..He was responsible for Steve's death and not Stefano, as it was later retconned by the show..Why does Stefano want to break up Bo and Hope and why is he so interested in Chad dating Abifail..It has to be something big..It seems like it is going to be dumb and contrived... 

By the way islandgal, Dr Tan a.k.a God has only been in 2 episodes under the new regime....It has been so good not to see his orange face on my screen...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The killer is supposed to be someone "shocking" Ben is not shocking. There's nothing he will do that's shocking because he's ineffectual metro Plastic Mannequin who's only relevance to the canvas is his trashy alien gf.

About dorms most do not have their own private bathrooms. Very few. Usually maybe a newer very industrialized state type school may have a "dorm" with 40 floors of suites of 4-6 people that share a bathroom. A lot of the older and established universitities like Princeton or Northwestern or smaller quiant liberal arts schools have just the rooms with shared bathrooms on each end of the hall. I think this is done to eliminate difficulty in repairs, plumbing costs, to preserve the architecture, and keep prices lower for students. Kids are in college they don't need their own bathroom if they do get an apartment like I did.

Also freshmen are seldom appointed RA of a dorm especially before even arriving to campus like Paige was, so stupid. And classes aren't cancelled practically everyday either. RME

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

Damn you Kassie - I started crying the minute you did (and I'm not that sad about Paige being dead). 

JJ was good till he started yelling about them finding the killer (I do hope this stupid undercover assignment ends soon)

I loved Steve playing the harmonica when he saw Kayla - that's part of who he is & I loved that they remembered &  threw that in - I don't want them changing Steve's look - he wouldn't be Steve without the patch & leather jacket.

I do think it's hilarious that Steve is the only one questioning where Bo is but I can see him not having kept in touch with Bo because of what happened with Kayla - there are a million plausible excuses to explain why they haven't kept in touch.

While the Chad/Brady scene was random - I loved that they interacted - wish we'd get more of that - I do wonder if Chad's not being drugged  - it seems too convenient that he keeps blacking out - plus Clyde was at TBD when Chad was with Serena - I still wonder if he's not drugging Chad

• Love 4

I loved Steve playing the harmonica when he saw Kayla - that's part of who he is & I loved that they remembered &  threw that in - I don't want them changing Steve's look - he wouldn't be Steve without the patch & leather jacket.

Agreed! I'm a fool for Steve Johnson and I don't care who knows it. I love his swagger, his blues harp, his leather, and his patch -- I don't want my Patch to be bland like Eric or Brady or hell, most of the men on this show. But I've always been a sucker for a bad boy : )

Chad has got to be drugged, but I can't figure out how Clyde (who I'm sure is behind it) is managing that. The Serena murder was a crime of opportunity, and we saw Chad become legit drunk over the course of an episode or two. Now it's part of a plan -- I do think Paige was convenient for Clyde as well, killing two birds with one stone; keep the suspicion on Chad and do away with JJ's love so he'll be his drug trade slave and keep in line. 

KDP was great yesterday. Having had a recent near-tragedy over the summer (my daughter's fiance was almost killed in a motorcycle accident but is recovering beautifully now, thank god), I can attest to the denial phase. When I got that call at midnight -- always in the middle of the night, right? -- I just couldn't comprehend what my daughter was telling me at first. She must have had to tell me 3 or 4 times before I swung into action. The scene in the morgue was riveting. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 7

I can't stand busy bodies like Steve intruding into someone's personal life the way he has done here - just revolting behavior.  Who the hell is he to waltz into town and begin literally an interrogation almost about Hope and Aiden's relationship?  Judgmental ass.  

I'm still surprised Chad hasn't considered he was drugged - he doesn't seem completely stupid.  

I don't care how or why but I really want slimy Clyde gone - just get rid of him already.  I'm hoping he's the next victim - 

So - who would be "shocking" at this point?  Any of the women, I imagine, though strangling is not usually a female's method and certainly it is hard to do vs shooting someone.  Eric I guess could be considered "shocking" - John, too.  Hope we get to it sooner than later.

• Love 1

KDP was great yesterday. Having had a recent near-tragedy over the summer (my daughter's fiance was almost killed in a motorcycle accident but is recovering beautifully now, thank god), I can attest to the denial phase. When I got that call at midnight -- always in the middle of the night, right? -- I just couldn't comprehend what my daughter was telling me at first. She must have had to tell me 3 or 4 times before I swung into action. The scene in the morgue was riveting. 

Coming out of lurkdom on this board to totally agree with all of your post but especially with this.  I thought KdP was terrific! When she took Paige in her arms, I lost it and I am fairly new to the show without the character attachments that long time viewers would have. Glad your almost SIL is going to be ok. The loss of a child ( no matter the age ) is devasting.

• Love 8

Catching up the past 2 days. 

Was Teresa drinking her wine (?) out of a water goblet when Brady took it away and said "mommy doesn't need a drink"?

Paige's murder was heartbreaking.  To JJ not wanting to let her go to Eve's holding her in the morgue.   I cried ugly tears.  My dog, Swifter even came and jumped on my lap looking at me all concerned.  This would have been very sweet if he wasn't a 90 pound dog!

All that of when Eve was going to find out was she is all alone.  Glad that she did have Justin.  Hope Teresa will be there for her sister as well.

• Love 6

Coming out of lurkdom on this board

You're here!!  Yea!!!!  Folks, this is one great addition to this board.  So glad to see you, here, PatsyandEddie.

. Having had a recent near-tragedy over the summer (my daughter's fiance was almost killed in a motorcycle accident but is recovering beautifully now, thank god), I can attest to the denial phase. When I got that call at midnight -- always in the middle of the night, right? -- I just couldn't comprehend what my daughter was telling me at first. She must have had to tell me 3 or 4 times before I swung into action. The scene in the morgue was riveting. 

I had no idea, Lastwaltz.  How absolutely awful.  Things never really feel exactly the same after something like that.  I'm glad to hear the outcome was good, but the road from that call must have been a grueling one.

• Love 4

In Steve's defense, I imagine that he chalked up his lack of contact with Bo to being fall-out because of what went down between he and Kayla. Who else there would have told him that Bo hasn't been in contact with anyone for years? Kayla, it's all she can do not to spit in his face (which he deserves); Hope and Kayla were always close and with Bo furious with and not speaking to him, she wouldn't have reached out. So all of this is understandably new and news to Steve, so his reactions do make sense. Steve simply assumed (yes, I know the ass of you and me follow up to using that word) that Bo was still in Salem, living with his family and taking missions as they came along. This is why he was shocked by what Hope said and has been trying to figure things out because as he told Victor, Bo's been out of contact for too long even with a deep cover mission.

I agree and to add to that, I still can't help but feel that there is something more about Steve's absence that he isn't telling. Like he knows something from his own personal experience that makes him on the alert about Bo's absence. (If not, he's intensely more perceptive than everyone else in town). Now I could very well be giving the writers way too much credit but I've noticed that Steve has said he left the ISA but hasn't said exactly why (unless I missed that). Does he know something? Distrust something?  Also every time someone points out to Steve that he's been gone/abandoned his family, he doesn't say much. The old Steve would have more vocally admitted that--rather loudly, probably yelling "yeah I'm a bum but I still want Kayla back."  But this Steve seems like he's holding some info back IMO. But again, it could just be the writers.  

I can't stand busy bodies like Steve intruding into someone's personal life the way he has done here - just revolting behavior.  Who the hell is he to waltz into town and begin literally an interrogation almost about Hope and Aiden's relationship?  Judgmental ass.  

I don't see Steve as a judgmental busybody at all. That distinction goes to Abifail, Julie, Maggie, Jennifer--most of the Horton crew and Adrienne.   Steve was following up on a hunch and then acting on evidence from the letters sent to Victor. His concern is that Bo's life is in danger. As well he has concern for Hope getting involved with a guy he senses isn't trustworthy. Unlike Hope's nosy relatives I doubt Steve would care who Hope married or slept with if there wasn't uncertainty about Bo's whereabouts, but he doesn't want his long time friend to get hurt or make a mistake she'll regret.  After all, I can almost see the wedding scene now where Hope and Aiden are at the alter and a rescued Bo busts in proclaiming his love for his FancyFance. "I've been trying for two years to get back to you!"  Then cue Hope's shocked face. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 9

Also freshmen are seldom appointed RA of a dorm especially before even arriving to campus like Paige was, so stupid. And classes aren't cancelled practically everyday either. RME

I thought Paige was a sophomore. Which, considering how often classes were cancelled last year, I'm amazed anyone there manages to earn enough hours to graduate.

Damn you Kassie - I started crying the minute you did (and I'm not that sad about Paige being dead). 

(snip)

I do think it's hilarious that Steve is the only one questioning where Bo is but I can see him not having kept in touch with Bo because of what happened with Kayla - there are a million plausible excuses to explain why they haven't kept in touch.

While the Chad/Brady scene was random - I loved that they interacted - wish we'd get more of that - I do wonder if Chad's not being drugged  - it seems too convenient that he keeps blacking out - plus Clyde was at TBD when Chad was with Serena - I still wonder if he's not drugging Chad

Oh, I was getting all teary with you both. At the same time, I was impressed and surprised with Roman suggesting they find somewhere quiet to talk.

I can also see Steve and Bo not staying in touch. A lot of guys are really bad about keeping contact.

I'm still surprised Chad hasn't considered he was drugged - he doesn't seem completely stupid.  

The Chad/Brady scene was interesting. I got the feeling that Chad is starting to think there's something more going on, which was why he asked Brady about the blacking out.

Of course, I've been wrong before....

So I noticed something yesterday and I'm curious if any of you are picking up on this as well. Just in the few days that I've been watching of the new writers, it seems that they are doing a better job of balancing the stories. By this I mean that we're getting four, sometimes five, scenarios going on and not all of them get dropped when they shift days. Maybe one of you can find a better way of describing this because I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

• Love 5

I had no idea, Lastwaltz.  How absolutely awful.  Things never really feel exactly the same after something like that.  I'm glad to hear the outcome was good, but the road from that call must have been a grueling one.

Boes, my friend, thank you so much. It has been grueling, for sure -- a week in a coma, traumatic brain injury, shattered pelvis -- but remarkably, now almost 2 months later, he's absolutely himself and soon he'll be able to work on walking again. We almost lost him a few times in those early days. But my daughter has been a beacon of light and strength for all of us. My heart is full these days. 

To bring it back on topic -- hope they show Bo riding in on his Harley to save Hope : )

• Love 10

I agree and to add to that, I still can't help but feel that there is something more about Steve's absence that he isn't telling. Like he knows something from his own personal experience that makes him on the alert about Bo's absence. (If not, he's intensely more perceptive than everyone else in town). Now I could very well be giving the writers way too much credit but I've noticed that Steve has said he left the ISA but hasn't said exactly why (unless I missed that). Does he know something? Distrust something?  Also every time someone points out to Steve that he's been gone/abandoned his family, he doesn't say much. The old Steve would have more vocally admitted that--rather loudly, probably yelling "yeah I'm a bum but I still want Kayla back."  But this Steve seems like he's holding some info back IMO. But again, it could just be the writers.  

I don't see Steve as a judgmental busybody at all. That distinction goes to Abifail, Julie, Maggie, Jennifer--most of the Horton crew and Adrienne.   Steve was following up on a hunch and then acting on evidence from the letters sent to Victor. His concern is that Bo's life is in danger. As well he has concern for Hope getting involved with a guy he senses isn't trustworthy. Unlike Hope's nosy relatives I doubt Steve would care who Hope married or slept with if there wasn't uncertainty about Bo's whereabouts, but he doesn't want his long time friend to get hurt or make a mistake she'll regret.  After all, I can almost see the wedding scene now where Hope and Aiden are at the alter and a rescued Bo busts in proclaiming his love for his FancyFance. "I've been trying for two years to get back to you!"  Then cue Hope's shocked face. 

GREAT post! You get Patch : ) 

• Love 5

So - who would be "shocking" at this point?  Any of the women, I imagine, though strangling is not usually a female's method and certainly it is hard to do vs shooting someone.  Eric I guess could be considered "shocking" - John, too.  Hope we get to it sooner than later.

I would be so in favor of Eric having some type of Tyler Durden Fight Club-esque split personality disorder. He goes to confession, says his 20 Hail Marys for the sin of having touched his own body to wash it in the shower and morphs into a psycho killer on his walk back to his monk chambers... oops I mean his apartment. 

I know who wouldn't be shocking - Salem's answer to everything bad that happens  - Stefano or any Dimera for that matter. Speaking of Stefano he is looking a lot less robust lately and what is the new acting tic of talking with his hand in the A ok formation?

22b4ff2d60b586fff700530e2172fd27.160x160

Anybody else notice this? Hope he is alright and this isn't due to a medical condition.

Rafe found a flower in the shower by Paige? That ought to narrow it done since everyone in Salem walks through murder park at least 20 times a day. Unless that flower isn't from murder park. Maybe it came from the Homicide Horticultural Center situated right next to it. 

• Love 5

Lastwaltz, glad to hear your daughter's fiance is on the road to recovery!

Rafe found a flower in the shower by Paige? That ought to narrow it done since everyone in Salem walks through murder park at least 20 times a day. Unless that flower isn't from murder park.

Turns out it was a petal from a flower not native to this hemisphere.  The flower is, however, grown on the Dimera estate.  I'm an avid gardener and now almost as curious as to the name of the flower as the identity of the killer.

• Love 3

Clyde is nothing if not smart. He saw an opportunity to frame Chad and he took it. So, the first time was just luck--he was right there at the bar while Serena and Chad drank, saw the whole slapping altercation, and plotted it right there. The second time was a way to keep Paige quiet and JJ in line, plus doubly stick it to Chad. One of his redneck lackeys probably helped with the surveillance and drugging. It makes far more sense than any Dimera plan ever has! I am actually impressed the writers came up with something so well executed, but it is far from mysterious who is doing this. Eric as a killer? Come on!

I remembered that Roman is Paige's step great uncle, but I have a hard time imagining that Kimberly and Shane would not have had a big part of Paige's life, and I consider step kids part of family. But Rotox cannot show emotion. I "hope to hell" that he is the next victim.

• Love 5

Fuckin' Kassie. Cripes... I totally ugly cried and the dogs started sticking their noses in my face and licking me to try to make me feel better... at which point I laughed and got dog tongue in my mouth. Yeah, that's what I needed. Based on recaps, I wasn't even expecting to cry until the morgue scenes but she got me almost immediately. "No... no, she's my... she's my heart... I'd know..."

Big ugly tears.

I liked how she just kind of wandered past Justin's office looking utterly lost and devastated. Wally Kurth and KDP have been buddies for a long time so I've been enjoying the fact that Eve has been brought into Justin's orbit, I like the seeds that have been planted. I know, I know, Justin and Adrienne are OTP and all of that. I don't care right now. I want Justin and Eve to have something. I might help balance them out from the 'CHAD IS OUR MURDERER!! WHY ISN'T ANYONE ARRESTING HIM ALREADY?!' and "This is all Jennifer and JJ's fault! All of it! ALL OF IT!" 

Although I really really really hope they get Eve off of that particular kick.

Y'all have no idea how happy Steve's harmonica made me! As I'm watching Steve and Kayla from the early days (and posting about it in the Past forum) I find myself wondering if that particular character quirk remained over the years. So, yes, blow Steve, blow. And while I often wonder how working with a patch has affected him over the years, Steve wouldn't be Steve without the patch. Just like Todd Manning wouldn't be Todd without the scar. At least it looks like a nicer one than he had in the 80s... which seemed to be ripped off of a pirate costume.

As for being a judgmental jackass.. Well... I've notice that Steve pretty much annoys everyone in Salem at one time or another so this seems to be just right to me.

The annoying part of it, of course, is the idea that Hope can't have anyone in her life but Bo. He's had two other great loves that I know of (Carly and Billie) but apparently all of Hope's other amores have been psychos. Come on. Why can't Hope have nice things, too? Over at OLTL I had to accept the fact that Blair didn't realize that the guy she had been sleeping with off and on for eight years was NOT, in fact, her one true love. I was happy to accept that because I was that glad to have the original back (he came back completely in the game and that helped) but that particular bit of storytelling kind of blows. I refuse to hold it against Hope that she let Bo go when that's what the story was and now they've changed their mind for however long Peter Reckall is back.

(His bellowing "Fancy Face!!" in the dream did make me laugh, however. As did his 'return' home looking filthy. "See Hope? I was totally held against my will and I wanted you to KNOW! I'm riddled with fleas and other parasites! I'm caked in mud and blood and probably urine and feces as well but I wanted you to see with your own eyes that I was held captive! Now someone please hose me off!")

• Love 10

I haven't liked the show this much in years! 

I was so excited to see more Bo, but then he had to go and say "Fancy Face!" I  think I've mentioned it before, but my husband misheard it once as Fancy Feast, so that's how I hear it myself now. I loved the old school premonition that Hope was in danger, especially after the flashbacks, so I didn't want to laugh, but that's exactly what happened.

But, that may be a good thing. I was ambivalent towards Paige, and Eve really is just horrible, but I cannot handle dead kid stories, even poorly done/badly acted dead kid stories get to me. They're always a little triggering (not my own child, but a little boy I loved very much died a few years ago), so this is going to be hard to watch. And KDP hit every note perfectly. I do wish there had been some last minute movement towards reconciliation between Paige and Eve, though. Maybe they'll find an unsent letter where Paige tells Eve she's ready to forgive and move on. Hell, I don't send my kid off to school after a rough morning until we've apologized and hugged it out, I can't imagine spending the rest of my life knowing that my daughter died hating me. That's too sad even for Eve.

• Love 6

Turns out it was a petal from a flower not native to this hemisphere.  The flower is, however, grown on the Dimera estate.  I'm an avid gardener and now almost as curious as to the name of the flower as the identity of the killer.

Me too! Plus if this flower is so rare that no one else in Salem can grow one, what is in the Dimera dirt that they can?   Maybe it's grown in the garden where all the dead Salem residents really reside til they come back to life when the writers need them. In that case, Andre probably picked it up on his shoe when he was crawling out of his grave ;-)

The annoying part of it, of course, is the idea that Hope can't have anyone in her life but Bo. He's had two other great loves that I know of (Carly and Billie) but apparently all of Hope's other amores have been psychos. Come on. Why can't Hope have nice things, too? ... I refuse to hold it against Hope that she let Bo go when that's what the story was and now they've changed their mind for however long Peter Reckall is back.

I agree that it sucks that all of Hope's other love interests have turned out to be criminals while Bo's have just been plain annoying (Carly & Billie).  Although I don't think Steve is trying to tell her she can't have anyone but Bo, I just think he senses that all is not as it seems and wants Hope to "halt the presses" for lack of a better expression.  I suspect in the end, he'll be okay with Hope moving on with Rafe (cause that's clearly how things are hinted to go: Bo returns; Aiden is exposed; Bo is killed; Rafe picks up the pieces) once she has some real closure. 

• Love 5

It must have been nowhere near the Chad/Abigail sexing vortex. I believe everything within 15 yards of that died as if the earth had been salted and no seed can now take purchase.

• Love 11

I'm sure the writers will probably ignore it, but now not only has Eve's daughter been killed by a serial killer, Eve hersself as well as her mother was attacked by one in the '80's. Another reason it's too bad CR did not reprise the role of Eve. Could have been a great opportunity for flashbacks. 

• Love 4

I think Kim saved her resulting her in miscarrying her second baby....I could be wrong, it was so long ago...

Kim did save Eve once but it was from a john in a motel when Eve was prostituting rather than the Riverfront Knifer. The Knifer attacked Eve on the pier, slashed her face, and Eve sported a large scar on her cheek for a while. 

• Love 1