Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

EJ & Abby are idiots!! To not notice that Sami is acting over the top happy, knowing she doesn't act that damn happy about anything. Surprising that Abby didn't catch on to this since she knows people so well. I LMAO at the food fight because Sami was throwing some of that cake at Abby on purpose. Good that Sami and Kate are working together, should be interesting to watch. 

I highly doubt that blouse Abby put on is Sami's, it fit a little too perfectly on Abby. Maybe if they made the sleeves and hem line a little longer then it would be believable.

Here we go again with the Dan propping, Eve if you want points with me, don't prop Dan the 2nd Coming. I don't know anything about Eve or her past so she starts off with a clean slate for me. If I walked in that hospital and seen someone like Dan is going to be my surgeon, I'd scream because he looks like he doesn't shower and he's stuck in the past with those Farrah Fawcett flips. If she's there to make Jenn miserable than I'm more than likely will love her. 

IDK why Eric is always answering to AssCole. When she's asking "Who is that?" and "Where are you going?" Eric should be saying, "None of your fucking business bitch." He doesn't owe her anything besides a good tongue lashing. She's always a selfish bitch and so damn two-face saying that she's going to help him and then changes her mind. So when AssCole needs help and we all know that will be very soon, I hope nobody lends a hand, especially if she's dangling off a cliff.

Marlena really needs to quit with the stone face cause it's hard to see what emotions she's going through.

• Love 2

IDK why Eric is always answering to AssCole. When she's asking "Who is that?" and "Where are you going?" Eric should be saying, "None of your fucking business bitch." He doesn't owe her anything besides a good tongue lashing.

So much this. You've got Eric saying 'There's nothing here for you.' and then he still stands there and answers all of her questions about his biz. Eric, it's time to go Spanish Inquisition on this bitch (it's not like she'd expect it, no one does. See what I did there?) You don't owe her answers to anything. For that matter, her nosy questions about his every little movement is worse. Bitch, step off! He doesn't have to clear it with you if he wants to take a piss or get his reputation back or join Brady in snorting coke!

Marlena really needs to quit with the stone face cause it's hard to see what emotions she's going through.

Marlena doesn't have emotions. Lady Sinister gave them up for the sake of SCIENCE!!

• Love 2

If you wanna know what happened well after the food fight, Sami tells Abby to go and change and that she can borrow any one of her clothes. They all change and Sami and Abby leave the house. Sami and Kate meet up at the park and hug each other as they're plotting together.

Victor sees the yearbook photo of Eve that Jenn was looking at and he called Eve a tramp

Eve is Paige's mother as the two of them hugged.

Nicole got a call from the Bishop and she said to the Bishop that she's not helping Eric.

• Love 4

So Theresa must know who Paige is if they're related, right?

I've given up trying to figure Theresa out. At this stage, I'd believe that she doesn't know she's related to Eve. I mean, she doesn't have the name she was born with and what's with her stupid ass back story of not having money? I could believe a party girl filled with ennui because she was brought up pampered and spoiled, not wanting for anything but I don't get her characterization at all based on everything those who know have told me about her parents.

So, at this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she didn't know a damn thing about being related to Paige.

When Theresa was messing with JJ she didn't say anything about her being related to Paige. Either she doesn't know or she's messing with JJ which is probably a reason she's taking joy in it because she does know but not saying anything.

Wait a sec, aren't Theresa and Eve.....SISTERS? Shane Donovan is their dad, right? Er.....yeah, I think she should know who Paige is (whose face is starting to bug me the more I see it).

Was Nicole this irritating when she was gunning for Brady when he was in love with Chloe? I guess I've never really had that strong an opinion on Nicole even when she was kidnapping babies (maybe I skipped those scenes so I couldn't get irritated?), but now she's starting to reach Abigail levels of irritation for me.

Wait a sec, aren't Theresa and Eve.....SISTERS? Shane Donovan is their dad, right? Er.....yeah, I think she should know who Paige is (whose face is starting to bug me the more I see it).

Was Nicole this irritating when she was gunning for Brady when he was in love with Chloe? I guess I've never really had that strong an opinion on Nicole even when she was kidnapping babies (maybe I skipped those scenes so I couldn't get irritated?), but now she's starting to reach Abigail levels of irritation for me.

(edited)

All I got from today's episode is that they're still making Abby the center of the universe in this story. 

When she was standing in between Kate and Sami, and it was so obvious to me that she's the odd one out.  They keep putting heavies with the lightweights like Tiger said upthread and it doesn't work for me.

It still feels like this whole storyline is Abby's story.  They tried to use Sami and EJ as props in this storyline to make us care about Abby, but she's just not interesting enough IMO.

I truly believe that we're supposed to be rooting for Abby, but she's so annoying that it's difficult for me.  KM can't even play a guilty face properly like bantering said, so it's hard to feel sorry for Abby because the dialogue and the expressions aren't matching.

Sami had to be in the dark, but EJ has felt non-existent to me because we hardly got to see his POV outside of that dream sequence.  It's been mostly Abby's POV the whole way through the affair and the aftermath.

I think that's why I don't give a rats what happens to EJ.  It feels to me like he didn't even show up in the story even though he set the ball rolling.  And it's evident in JS lack of interviews on the topic and the way he seems to be going through the motions as EJ.

Hopefully with the Kami reveal we will see another side of this story with more focus on revenge on EJ, but it'll probably be more sex flashbacks and Abby being worried that Sami is onto her.

I would like to see Sami squash Abby like a bug just for sport for maybe five minutes, but she's not really a worthy adversary for Sami at all.  I think that's what some fans were trying to hint at when they were adamant that EJ wouldn't go from Sami to Abby of all people.

This would be way better if it was Sami vs Nicole with a side of Kate.  I don't want Sami to waste her last days on Abby and I hope Kate points out that she's worthless in the grand scheme of things.  I think Kami have bigger fish to fry so we'll see.

Now that we're at the point where Sami knows, it just makes me think about all the time that was wasted over the last few months with EJ and Abby having the same conversation ad nauseum in that godforsaken park.

I suppose I should prepare for KM's episode count to skyrocket in the next few weeks.  I think Abby is the new Dan cos she's in everyone's story. Besides the new romance with Ben and his mystery,  she's with EJ, she's with Sami and Kate now, She's with Dannifer, she was with Gabi, she's with JJ and Paige, she's with WilSon and she has scenes with Jordan.  

I hope she gets a turn on the backburner after this.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Sami may publicly humiliate Abigail (just because that tends to happen when you're telling the guy who cheated on you at the altar why he fails as a human being,  and names inevitably slip out by necessity), but I wonder if she'll actually yell at her. AS said the reveal would be different than EJ's fantasy sequence. So things might not get that bad for Abigail. People might find out about the affair (which seems like it could happen anyway without Sami even doing anything since EJ clearly doesn't know how to rip up a picture), but I don't think Sami is going to throw Abigail down the stairs or anything. Abigail is worried, but compared to what Sami has done to other people who have crossed her, what she's doing to Abigail doesn't really seem that bad to me (and unlike those other people -- for instance, Carrie, Austin, everyone affected by the Stan plan etc --  Abigail actually deserves what's coming to her). I think EJ should probably hide some of his body parts though. The way she  looked at Stephano's portrait and later called EJ "hotshot"  behind his back definitely indicated he should beware!

Edited by bantering
(edited)

I truly believe that we're supposed to be rooting for Abby, but she's so annoying that it's difficult for me.

If the writers want me to root for Abby then FAIL. I will root for practically anyone over that stupid donkey. She needs to drink a bottle of bleach.

Nicole is quickly becoming the most annoying, pathetic person in Salem. She needs to be lured into the woods where she will be attacked by wild animals.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I still think Sami and Kate have bigger fish to fry, and that the boring twit is an annoying casualty that is just being toyed with.

I still want to know if Sami found the evidence (which is compromised anyway) against Will that Stefano had, and the evidence EJ had on Sami, Kate, and Gabi tossing Nick in the river.

I thought Nick might have sent the pics, but what if Sami was searching the Dimera Mansion for evidence against Kristen and found the pic in the locked drawer (when has that ever stopped Sami), and yeah EJ is looking dumber by the day.  JS is looking rougher by the minute.

(edited)

I may be reading too much into this but it feels like we're supposed to feel sympathy for Abby because we've been following 'her' story where she makes a big mistake but she deserves forgiveness because the whole town sings her praises.

If we were meant to despise her, she would have went full on CrazyAbby from the Austin Days and she wouldn't have the whole town propping her.

Even with the clothes today, I couldn't help but ponder the significance of her white dress.  Did they choose it to:

a) capitalise on the wedding rehearsal in the garden

b) show up the cake better on camera

c) convey innocence

d) show irony especially with the Virgin Mary mention

Edited by 271queenie

I never thought I would be the kind of person who would get upset because a special news report interrupted my soap opera, but GODDAMMIT, THEY INTERRUPTED MY SOAP OPERA!!  

OK, until I can see the last half hour, I definitely think Sami and Kate are working together and I'm glad to see it verified here.  Kate's thoughtful look at Victor and her "just you wait" said it all.  Those two are totally up to something and it's not just trying to make Abigail look bad.  I also agree that there's something significant about Abby's white dress and Sami taking pictures of EJ and Sami gazing at each other.  I know this sounds crazy, but is it possible that Sami's gonna fake out Abigail and EJ and make them marry each other?  I'm not sure what that would accomplish, but Kate and Sami are definitely doing a bigger sting than just revenge on EJ and Abby.  I am sure of it.  

I think Theresa knows who Paige is and she's playing JJ.  In the town square a couple of days ago, JJ demanded how Theresa knew Paige's name and she was very coy.  She definitely knows but I really don't care.

Why would the bishop give a rat's ass what Nicole had to say about the papers when she's the one that shredded them?  All Eric has to say is Nicole is the heifer who shredded this evidence and the Bishop would say "Welcome back Eric. Check your penis at the door".

I really don't care that Eve and Daniel are going to do inappropriate patient/doctor things - I'm just so happy there's a new face around and that she will make Jennifer very, very unhappy.

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought the white dress on Abigail was because of the virgin thing. Sami made a comment about Abigail having a Virgin Mary.

Though now the idea of Sami marrying EJ off to Abigail sounds oddly entertaining. Abigail would probably be ecstatic, but maybe the thought of being saddled with Abigail might make him commit suicide and that's how he dies. Yeah, I know I'm sounding unnecessarily mean towards Abigail, but he doesn't look particularly happy in her presence and he does seem more rude to her than I'm used to seeing after he's slept with someone. Even Nicole might get one of his deep thoughts when he's in a bad mood and inclined to not charm her. But with Abigail he seems to act like she's lint on his shoe, and she appears too dense to get it. If a guy was being that mean to me, no way in heck would I agree to be in his stinking wedding! I don't even know why she keeps  punching him in what seems like the playful way Sami does when she's mad at EJ -- the only reason he seems to be tolerating her is because he stupidly thinks Sami wants him to.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I'm kind of rooting for Kate and Sami to get married to somehow solidify their hold on all things DiMera... after they stole it all out from under Stefano and EJ. There have been plenty of guy/girl marriages of convenience, let's do a girl/girl.

Lucas' head would explode. I don't dislike Lucas but his reaction to that would be epic.

And Marlena would think: At last, all of my plans are coming together. Not that she actually had a plan, she'd just act like this was totally what she wanted and expected.

• Love 2
(edited)

When Sami and Kate went in to hug each other, it did sort of seem like they were about to kiss. I don't know if that's how it was planned or because of one-take acting though.

Nonetheless, it did also seem like Sami was about to cry for a moment to Kate as if she were actually her mother before she got it together So I guess the scene could be interpreted any which way.

I wonder if it would bother Marlena that Sami is seeking counsel from Kate.  Although who might be able to tell if her face doesn't start moving! I've never seen such a frozen face. It kind of looks good, until you realize it's completely immobile!

The major vaseline lens for Jennifer and Eve was hilarious.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Though now the idea of Sami marrying EJ off to Abigail sounds oddly entertaining. Abigail would probably be ecstatic, but maybe the thought of being saddled with Abigail might make him commit suicide and that's how he dies. 

Ha! EJ kills himself because he's stuck with Abby!  I actually think Abby would be very upset if she wound up married to EJ. Her whole family would flip out.  EJ would be just completely awful to her - he can barely stand to talk to her.  And if Kate and Sami stole the family fortune - oh, what wonderful revenge on the Dimeras.

I am okay with Kate and Sami riding off into the sunset as long as they flip off Marlena as they leave.

• Love 5

Yeah, I know I'm sounding unnecessarily mean towards Abigail

There's no such thing as being unnecessarily mean towards Abby.

If Sami and Kate really want to be evil they will disguise themselves as Jack and haunt Abby until she goes crazy and kills herself.

• Love 2
(edited)

I absolutely loved today! Abby getting more and more uncomfortable as the planning went on and when Kate threw the lemonade - HA! And then Abby getting pelted with cake - I was laughing my ass off.

So Eve is the one suing Jennifer over Jack's book, right? She wants a share of the profits as Jack's ex-wife?

I am also thinking Paige is definitely Frankie's daughter with all the anvils being dropped today. It makes no sense since Frankie came back and married Jennifer in between Jack's 3rd & 4th deaths and didn't have a kid but maybe Eve didn't tell him.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3

Is the show purposely making EJ and Eric look tired and haggard so that Dr. Daniel and his unconditioned hair will look by comparison? Well, it's not working!

Kassie de Paiva clearly has presence and I'm inclined to think she can act, but her nosing around Daniel is enough to kill any interest I  might have had in her character.

• Love 2

Kassie de Paiva clearly has presence and I'm inclined to think she can act, but her nosing around Daniel is enough to kill any interest I  might have had in her character.

I'm not looking forward to watching yet another interloper be unsuccessful in their attempts  to completely destroy Dannifer. I can't think of another pairing that has been propped this much. These people have been chasing after each other for like three years now and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

• Love 2

Kate and Sami marrying each other would be hilarious, but I think their plan is for Kate to marry Stefano, Sami to marry EJ, and then at the board meeting spring whatever they have cooked up.  Kate and Sami do seem like mother and daughter sometimes.  I wish Lucas was in on the scheming.

(edited)

They're not even trying with this Sami plot, the fight with Kate was so fake it was obvious it was a set up before they hugged in the park, and seriously they're hugging in the park? Kate who just slept with another girls boyfriend and who cheated on her husband, is going to be hugging Sami for being cheated on?

EJ needs some balls back. He gave up DE to save Sami from her murderous ways and life in jail, he slept with Abby in the first place to again save Sami from her murderous ways and life in jail. I really don't feel sorry for her at all. She then broke up with EJ but refused to give up his house and lifestyle while treating him like he was nothing.  She's no innocent victim.

I really hope Kate and Sami swindle everything out of Stefano and EJ's hands.

EJ had Dimera Enterprises and gave it up, sacrificed it to grovel on the ground and kiss Stefano's ring to save Sami. How quick she forgets. I really hope the next time he lets her rot in jail.

Kristen can't return soon enough, she needs to slap the males in her family upside the head.

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

I've felt bad for EJ in the past. This time it's hard for me feel bad for him because he's been fairly careless and, well, pretty danged dumb. Fool, why didn't you rip up the picture and find all the back-up copies? And has he still not taken a sex ed class yet? And could you please stop talking loudly in parks? Why didn't he take Stephano seriously when he said he knows everything that goes on in the house? When EJ and Abigail were making muffins, maybe that would have been a good time to check for video cameras in the mansion. It's like the more hair gel he puts in the more brain cells he loses.

I can handle evil -- I can't handle dumb.

I think Abigail might be catching on to Sami acting strange, but it's incredibly weird to me that EJ can't figure out that something is going on with Sami. When has Sami suddenly bust out with "I will always love you" in front of people? Even Austin never got to see this overly romantic side of Sami.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

he slept with Abby in the first place to again save Sami from her murderous ways

EJ slept with Abby because Abby said some nice things to him and was willing to put out when Sami wouldn't.  He slept with her because he's weak, dumb, and pathetic. Helping Sami was just a convenient excuse.

I still chuckle when I think about EJ describing the sex as "lovely." Who says that.

And now I'm feeling sorry for EJ.

People say funerals are "lovely".  Or haircuts... or dogs getting a bath......or gardens.......or, 'That's a lovely ditch', or "There goes a lovely giant mutant sharkasauras".  Zombie invasions might be said to be "lovely".....I suppose to some even a skin eruption might be lovely......

Yep, using the word "lovely" to describe an encounter of the gross kind with Abigail might just be the right word to use.

• Love 2

I returned to DAYS to see AS off into the sunset, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the story they're giving her. It's very fitting that Sami's exit storyline is her scheming to screw people over, and I love that she's teamed up with Kate to do it. I knew they had to be working together, but the hug made my jaw drop. Watching it a few times, it looks to me like Sami stuck her hand out intending to give Kate a well-done handshake, but Kate ignored the hand and went for the hug.

I like that I can't figure out exactly what the plan is, since Sami clearly intends to make both Abby and EJ pay, and the board meeting is the day after the wedding. Does that mean the wedding is actually going to go off "happily"? If so, when is Abby getting her public humiliation? Sami did have some line today about how Abby was still going to have work to do after the wedding was over because of the board meeting. And it appears Stefano is not in on the plan. God, if Kate and Sami manage to screw both EJ and Stefano over? That would be the awesomest awesome. DAYS should just end this story with a shot of Kami on a beach somewhere, toasting each other with cocktails, and end the entire series right there. Roll credits, finito. Seriously, they're never going to have a better ending than that. But since this show will continue on, I'll settle for Sami telling Marlena on her way out of Salem that Kate's become a better mother to her than Marlena, because, BURN.

Sami ducking out of the way so that Abby would get doused was hilarious. And both women were definitely targeting her with the cake. Sami was still nearly spotless when it was all over. Abby was silly for trying to stop the "fight," but I have a feeling that if she'd tried to go to the sideline like any sane person, Kami would've just moved around so she was still stuck between them, getting pelted. Heh. (I don't think the audience is expected to root for Abby. This is Sami's exit storyline, they want people to root for Sami and to enjoy what she's dishing out to Abby and EJ.)

• Love 7

Even with the clothes today, I couldn't help but ponder the significance of her white dress.  Did they choose it to:

a) capitalise on the wedding rehearsal in the garden

b) show up the cake better on camera

c) convey innocence

d) show irony especially with the Virgin Mary mention

e) Accentuate her breasts

(edited)

Uh, speaking of which....does Abigail have implants? I was scared to ask, but they stood up so perfectly (like, really, really perfect)  in the exposed shower scene, I couldn't help but wonder. Not that it really matters...they just seemed to be performing some kind of miracle in that shower scene. Or did the show use some kind of miracle tape to hold them up like that? And, if so, can I know the name of the tape so that this might be duplicated for me in real life under a t-shirt?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

At this point, I just really can't get onboard the revenge train with Sami.  Sure they deserve to be named and shamed, but  all this plotting is going to be way over the top as payback for a 2-night stand, IMO.

Maybe if they had written it so that EJ seemed to actually care about Abby at all; or if he wavered about who he wanted to be with; or even if the affair had continued on for a while.  Even then, it's a drop in the bucket as far as soap sins go. 

EJ does seem stupid for not having noticed something is rather off with Sami.  I can give Abby a bit of a pass, because (tho I've been and on/off viewer) I can't recall Abby/Sami having much to do with each other prior to the writers whipping up the affair.  It's plausible to me that Abby just can't tell excited Sami from a Sami who is covertly plotting payback. 

I agree though that Abby is not a worthy adversary for Sami.  She would've been so much better off going after Kristen for raping Eric, or Nicole for hiding the evidence to clear Eric's name; especially now that Nicole has told Marlena that she will not help Eric.

I can't get into the Sami/Kate team-up either.  On the surface it sounds good, but, there's just too much negative history between them that I can't just seem them as suddenly girlfriends.  Plus, I'm just so over Kate with all her stupid plotting with Jordan and Rafe. 

As as KDP fan, I'm glad to see her back on TV, although I am completely unfamiliar with the character of Eve.  I really wish she wasn't being saddled with Dr. Tan though.  I have to say, that it's probably going to take me a bit to settle into the character, because right off, it's hard not to see her as Blair from OLTL. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I want to see Stephano get a true come-uppance of some kind, which I've never really seen on this show before -- well, at least the kind of come-uppance that might actually make him cry.  I think Kate and Sami's plan is a bit different in that regard. Abigail is a weak adversary, but Stephano is a pretty big fish to try and fry. Hopefully, their plan will work, because if I have to see Stephano win again.....somebody better pass me some of Abigail's kleenex.

Now that I think about it, maybe Marlena may approve? John and Marlena may hi-five both Sami and Kate.

Edited by bantering

The major vaseline lens for Jennifer and Eve was hilarious.

I laughed and laughed.  Then I rewound it so I could laugh some more.  So funny!

Is Jennifer (or anybody really) at all upset that Gabi's actions unintentionally led to the death of Jack?

I actually enjoyed most of the show today.  And by enjoy I mean I didn't FF through 90% of it.

• Love 3

Sami and Kate are fucking magnificent!  I can't remember the last time a soap story made my giddy.  I know Days has its problems, but it is 1,000 times better than GH.

Can't wait to see Eve make Jennifer even more miserable than she usually is.

• Love 7

ut since this show will continue on, I'll settle for Sami telling Marlena on her way out of Salem that Kate's become a better mother to her than Marlena, because, BURN.

Marlena will make a note on her clipboard and say "Whatever. I created you in a lab."

I do have to say that during her confrontation with Nicole, I was expecting it to go this way. "There's a word for you that I don't use very often. Cunt." How disappointed was I? Because, Nicole is totally being one. Simpering at Eric, again, about how she'd do anything for him because she wuvvy dovey wuvs him so much and then turning around and shitting on his face. What is she expecting to get out of this? Eric's going to turn into a complete masochist and say "You actively participated in destroying my life. I can't wait to marry you." I mean, it's not altogether uncommon on soaps but Eric seems to come off as the type of character who isn't built along those lines.

Nicole is really going to be pissed when Eric and Jennifer start going to church picnics together. When their raspberry cordial wins first prize at the county fair, she's going to be riddled with jealousy!

Speaking of Jenn, her smiling as she reminisced to JJ... hey! She actually does have some personality to her! I had no idea! All the stuff about Frankie... that can't solely be to reintroduce Eve, can it? Come on. Paige has got to be Frankie's kid. As for Kassie, she looks gorgeous. She's got panache even if it's wasted on Daniel but, dammit, those two did have chemistry in their all too brief scenes on OLTL back in 2002. They have a decent vibe... it's just too bad he sucks so much. If she can make him tolerable she will literally be made of magic and unicorns.

That was her senior high school picture in the yearbook. And I laughed when we got the flashback filmed through a bag of ice. 

Is Roman a ranch hand? The way he talks, he's like that dude in the movies... 'And this is Curly... why he's been practically running this place for the last 15 years. We couldn't manage the Rocking K without him!'

Victor remains an absolute delight. Except that he likes Jennifer. That's the first time I've had to pause. Alas.

And the Sami/Kate stuff. Why didn't they kiss in the park? It so looked like it was going there. Actually, it was a weird combination of looking like they were about to make out in the midst of a dude-bro hug. All that aside, I am loving this stuff with them. I would watch Sami play puppet master with EJ and Abby for a month if it was anything like today. Sami's creator, Lady Marlena Sinister would be so proud if human emotions were still something she felt.

• Love 4
(edited)

Uh, speaking of which....does Abigail have implants?

I always assume that every part of her gets pulled upward when she's got her hair cinched in that bun.  But you're right, in that shower scene things were definitely looking up!  So maybe among the other awesome EJ powers, he is also the center of gravity?  His head is certainly full enough of lead for that to work.

Poor Abigail needs implants, but mostly inside that empty bedpan she calls a brain.

As as KDP fan, I'm glad to see her back on TV, although I am completely unfamiliar with the character of Eve.  I really wish she wasn't being saddled with Dr. Tan though.  I have to say, that it's probably going to take me a bit to settle into the character, because right off, it's hard not to see her as Blair from OLTL. 

I'm with you.  Great to see KdP back on screen.  I'm a newish DOOL fan and didn't see Charlotte Ross in the role.  I think KdP is a very good actor, so I'm pretty happy to see on DOOL.  I know what you mean about seeing her as Blair.  And there's absolutely NO way to see Dirty Dan as Todd.  Hell, he's not even good enough to be Rex and that's a sad thing to say about anyone.

Sami and Kate are fucking magnificent!  I can't remember the last time a soap story made my giddy.  I know Days has its problems, but it is 1,000 times better than GH.

Can't wait to see Eve make Jennifer even more miserable than she usually is.

I'm really hoping that Eve gets to drop in on Jenn while Jenn is still in her clown outfit, droopy drawers and all.  Just seeing her dressed like an escapee from a carnival sideshow should make Eve feel all warm and fuzzy.  With any luck Eve can snap a pic and send it out to Frankie, let him see that the reality does not add up to his memories.

What a fabulous day on Days!  They proved that they CAN have their cake and throw it too.  Watching Abigail get plastered with frosting, and EJ looking like a Chucky Cheese waiter was pure pleasure.  A lot of you guessed what was going on, but I wasn't one of them.  I hoped that Kate and Sami were working together but the state of soaps these days (just think of GH or Y&R, if you can bear it) haven't made me feel confident about the desire of TPTB to write good, clever storylines.  But it looks like this time they just might be doing that.

And while the Sami/Kate takedown of EJ and Stefano - with Abigail being such delicious collateral damage - looks to be the centerpiece of some good storytelling, it looks like Eve coming to town might also be good.  They're already dropping anvils all over that Paige might be Frankie's daughter, and Eve hating Jenn is for me like finding out Christmas is coming in Salem every day.  If she's written correctly, KdP can be one very believable villian-you-like-to-hate.  Or in the case of Jenn and Abigail, just someone making their lives miserable that you like.  Too bad that Dirty Dan is once again supposed to be the prize, though.  There aren't very many other choices, though.  Lucas is currently such a mopey weenie, Rafe is into some serious pouting, and Eric still refuses to believe he has any working parts below the waist.  Brady......ohgoodlord....

And we had another major Victor day.  It does not get any better than that.

Anyway, good times, fellow travelers, GOOD TIMES!

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I thought it was rather strange when Jennifer mentioned that JJ would be uncomfortable hearing that Jack was married to Eve.

Compared to the rape of Kayla, I doubt the marriage to Eve is going to have any effect on JJ!

Paige seems too boring to be KDP's daughter. KDP has a certain energy to her while Paige seems kind of fatigued.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought it was rather strange when Jennifer mentioned that JJ would be uncomfortable hearing that Jack was married to Eve.

That's our Jenn!  She can only think in terms of herself, so Jack wanting to be married to someone else would loom much larger in her mind than Jack raping Kayla, or anything else that is non-Jenn related. 

Amazing how a woman as dumb as her can still manage the thought-processes needed to stay self-centered.

There's an old joke I love that fits her and Abigail. 

A patient goes to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation.  After the evaluation is done, the psychiatrist tells the patient that he has both good news and bad news.  "The good news is that you have a very healthy ego.  The bad news is that it has absolutely no basis in fact".

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Paige seems too boring to be KDP's daughter. KDP has a certain energy to her while Paige seems kind of fatigued.

I don't know.  Paige seems to be smarter than most of the people in Salem - she sees through Bev and Rory's plots, she seems to have Mary Beth's number, she appreciates JJ for the person he's trying to be - I find Paige to be unexpected and refreshing.  I'm looking forward to finding out the backstory about her and Eve's relationship.

I'm a newish DOOL fan and didn't see Charlotte Ross in the role.

She's been gone so long that I don't really have a problem with someone else taking over the role.  I like Kassie so I'm looking forward to her interpretation. I hope we find out that she's only casually interested in Dr Dan and he winds up moping after the one patient he couldn't bag.  I'd like Eve to play the field some before settling for one guy.

• Love 3

The food fight was the highlight of the show right along with Abby’s mortified expression. Has the girl figured out yet that she stepped into the big leagues when she slept with “a bad man” and she’s way in over her head with the women EJ associates with? It would have only been complete if Nicole showed up too and they all threw a few punches.

Is this board meeting going to be relevant to The Plan?

I assume since they made a point it was the day after the wedding.

I thought it was rather strange when Jennifer mentioned that JJ would be uncomfortable hearing that Jack was married to Eve. Compared to the rape of Kayla, I doubt the marriage to Eve is going to have any effect on JJ!

Good point! Eve might have been a schemer but they are treating her like one of Stefano’s spawn.  Too bad JJ didn’t say something to Jen like, “Oh dad was married to her too? Did he rape her like his other wife?”

As far as Eve goes…UGGH! I know the newer viewers probably won’t mind but as a long time viewer that saw CR originate the roll, yesterdays’s show was just cringe-worthy!  That flashback between Eve and Jennifer that was supposed to be over two decades ago yet both actresses looked haggard, and the yearbook picture—I was practically screaming at my TV.  Eve coming back to a town where her half-sister lives and her father and step mother still has tons of family and yet no one knows what has happened to her or that she has a teenage kid???  They should have just left Eve’s character alone until CR was available again.

(edited)

The Vaseline lens flashback must have been done for comedy purposes. There's no way the directors could have possibly thought the audience would buy either woman as an 18 year old (even though they're in great shape). And the acting was pretty funny. I think KDP was trying to play the teenager part and MR was sort of comatose, like you could tell she was thinking "I don't think anyone is going to buy this."

KDP does have a certain presence about her that stood out. They probably could have just brought her on as a new character instead of re-casting the Eve role., and I suspect she would have fit in fine. (And I had no idea she was so tall). I haven't had that same reaction to other soap veterans who have appeared on this show. Like the ladies who got stuck playing Taylor or Sarah Brown, they usually wind up drowned by the poor writing even on the first day (Taylor and her scarf). But KDP seemed to fit into the canvas in a non-awkward way. But poor her that she might get stuck with Daniel. He did seem kind of alive with her though. So maybe he's happy he doesn't have to put on the mopey face he always does with Jennifer. I guess that requires too much face action for him. However, after this Sami and Kate plan is over, I don't think I'm inclined to continued watching Days if Daniel is going to be everywhere.

Edited to add:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Sami or anyone else makes the show, but I'm prone to thinking that Daniel definitely breaks it!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I agree Bantering--KdP might work well as a new character. I don't have a problem with her acting, it's her characterization of Eve.  I cringe at the thought of any scenes between her and Shane should CS make a guest appearance. She'll look more like his wife than his daughter. 

I love to see old (as in original) flashbacks on the show;  I hate recreated ones. 

I too have questioned if there will be enough interesting material to keep me tuning in when Sami and EJ are gone. I'm waiting to see how it plays out. But if they don't tone down the Hortons and quite treating Daniel, Jennifer, and Abigail like God's gift to daytime, then it might be time for me to "take a break."