Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really like Sonny and Chad's BFF relationship, am going to miss that when Sonny leaves. I hope they don't fill the void with Will. 

Would that be a problem if he filled that void?  Chad and Will were friends well before Sonny came to Salem.

• Love 2
(edited)

Would that be a problem if he filled that void?  Chad and Will were friends well before Sonny came to Salem.

This version of Will, yes. If he was CM's version of Will that would be different. This one doesn't seem to be able to be friendly to anyone.  Chad and Sonny, just come across more natural as friends. Where as Will even in scenes with his family members like Marlena he seems manipulating or all about me.

Perhaps with the new writers things will change.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Serena really is an idiot.  Can she please kill Xander and go on the run?  I am so bitter that they turned him into a woman-hating strangler and am ready for him to come to a bloody end.  Which is a shame, because PT and AZ had amazing chemistry in their first couple of scenes together.

Eric is also an idiot.  I sincerely hope the new writers give GV more to do than ... whatever it is he's doing right now.

I will never understand why KM and SC are the center of this show.  KM can't even get her eyes to water up, much less squeeze out a tear.  Even the terrible Shawn Christian can manage a drip here and there.

I haven't seen today's show yet but doesn't she have to genetically test the guys too?

Yes.  She's asking Kayla to breach medical ethics and the law by looking at Chad's charts and comparing his particulars to a paternity test (when she's far enough along to get one done). 

This in a nutshell is my problem with this character.  She's a selfish, self-righteous, hypocritical, violent, and stupid serial cheater.  And yet, she's supposed to be the good girl.  I don't care that Abigail enjoys sex (everyone should!), or that she enjoys sex with more than one partner (whatever floats your boat!).  What bothers me is that she's a horrible person that the whole damn town loves and falls all over themselves to excuse when she does something heinous.  I really wish they'd kill her off as well.  It could lead to great stories for Jennifer and JJ.

• Love 6

What kind of person walks around with someone else's used pregnancy test in their purse.

I really don't understand why Hope took that pregnancy test box. WTF??? She takes it and then pulls it out in public. I know when I go to my friend's house and I see an empty pregnancy test box in the trash, I steal it and then take it out in public. SMDH. WTF is wrong with Hope? I really don't understand that logic, is it really hard for writers to show Hope cleaning up the trash that Mannequin knocked over and Hope sees the box and becomes curious. Is she gonna give the box to Ciara so Ciara can build Barbie's dream house with it.

• Love 5

Hope had to know it was Abby's, I'm guessing she isn't all "team Ben" like the others and didn't want him to find it, so she took it. Also especially his father she wouldn't want to know either.

(edited)

Hope had to know it was Abby's, I'm guessing she isn't all "team Ben" like the others and didn't want him to find it, so she took it. Also especially his father she wouldn't want to know either.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she has to say  when they see each other Friday. LOVED her scenes with Kayla.I have say, KM has been rocking this pregnancy storyline so far. I could feel her emotions.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

shouldn't Kayla disown side piece like she did Sami.

Sami is better off without Kayla.  Johnny, Allie, and Sydney love Sami.  That is what matters.

The conversation between Kayla and Slappy was lame.  The conversation Kayla had with Lucas in 2007 while Sami was talking to Hope and Marlena was way better.  More victim nonsense?  {face palm}  Not Chad, Manny, and Slappy all know what they are doing.  The real tragedy here is it is 2015, and no one in Salem practices safe sex or uses birth control.  "Hey, writers have you ever heard of Aids, HIV, Herpes, STDs?  Hello, is anyone with a functioning brain cell still writing for this show?"

What are the odds that two weeks or a month from now Eyeore Eric will be DONE with Nicole, and back in love with Serena, or someone else he was involved with in Africa before he became a priest.  The writers do love recycled repetitive SLs.

Eric can form a support group with dimwit Brady, and Dingy Dan.  It can be called "Abusive Jerks Who Are To Stupid to Live."

The screwed up combination of Sonny/Will, Lucas/Adrienne, and Kate/Justin should provide for all sorts of snark, but I just know the idiot writers will find some way to make it boring.

When Sami returns, please please please let her make fun of all these fools.  Another round of everyone gets in Sami's face only to have their asses handed to them by Hurricane Sami is the only thing I'm interested in at this point.

• Love 6

I admit a lot of times I'm only half watching and may have missed it, but has anyone said to Abigail, "Again?"  I mean, how many mistakes can she make before someone finally gives her the lecture she needs?  All she gets is unconditional support and it's annoying. That's why many people can't/won't root for her.

And KM does a horrible job when Abby is crying.

• Love 9

Abby is in a pickle for sure. She loves Ben/Ollie with her heart but her body demands and deserves satisfaction too. In essence she's torn between two lovers. In a righteous world she would get what she deserves- a perfect man and total package but she is being cruelly twisted by fate.

Even though its medically and ethically impossible for Kayla to tell her who's the father of her baby.... She should just lie or forge the documents because Abigail is a good person in a bind. I remember when Chloe was in this situation and Abby and Kay were totally supportive.

I know I'm supposed to believe Paige is cutting off her nose to spite her face in her treatment of her mother and JJ and rebellion in hooking up with that sketchy guy. But she's in a very disillusioned and nihilistic place and very young. Who could blame her for being jaded and the "I don't give a fuck!" attitude? If this was a better show, hell even a half way decent writing effort she'd fall in with a rough crowd and make some mistakes acting out and save herself or sheepishly learn how strong she is on her own. I recall when Emma went through this phase on Degrassi after Rick shot up the school and held a gun at her face attempting to kill her before killing himself, she numbly reacted with partying at the lake with burnouts and sexual favors for bracelets then got a treatable std then moved on. I think many young people respond to trauma with acting out and depression and come to sort it out emotionally and mentally. Without some asshole hero and eventually having to humble themselves or regret hating that asshole(s) who fucked them over and sent them down the dark path in the first place since they now saved them. I wish the writing wasn't so sexist or basic for Paige. The writing for many others is A plus and accurate!

• Love 6

True O'Brien seems to be a charming person. That said, I've been thinking about this lately:

I feel like she has a tendency to "overact," and especially when Paige is yelling at someone. She seems to overexaggerate her facial expressions and her gestures especially. She just doesn't seem as 'natural.' I almost feel like she'd be more suited for a performance on stage than in a television role. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Love 1
(edited)

This version of Will, yes. If he was CM's version of Will that would be different. This one doesn't seem to be able to be friendly to anyone. 

This is the risk the show takes in recasting so many roles; it's one thing if a recast version of one character has to essentially form a new relationship with his best friend, but the audience stands to lose that much more investment in the relationship when neither character bears much of a physical or emotional resemblance to the previous incarnation. More often than not, it seems this show treats recasting a role as an opportunity to "take the character in a new direction," which for this show often means "floundering around while we figure out if New Person has any chemistry with anybody, or can actually act at all." (Guy Wilson's) Will doesn't resemble the young man who was friends with (Casey Deidrick's) Chad in any significant way in mind, heart, or body, and the writing doesn't serve the relationship well enough to make it believable that they are friends now, or to remind us that they were friends in the past. The show's history is seen, I think, as an impediment to the "shocking twists" that the show seems to favour currently, rather than a resource for future stories.

The problem is compounded if for "best friend" we substitute "love interest/husband." Because in my humble opinion, Guy Wilson and Freddie Smith have negative chemistry: they just don't play off each other -- at all. I think the current triangle/conflict is a way of papering over how this couple just don't work as a romantic pairing, as dramatic foils, or even within scenes. Sonny seems likely to be recast, and then the whole history and point of this couple will be lost. I mean, it is theoretically possible that the show could find some sort of miraculous performer who could make the human charisma-sink that is Guy Wilson sparkle (no, not you, Sparkle Paul), but let's just say I'm not optimistic.

In essence she's torn between two lovers. In a righteous world she would get what she deserves- a perfect man and total package but she is being cruelly twisted by fate.

Just not quite hard enough.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7
(edited)

So the best this country has got to break up a drug ring is our own, admittedly adorable, Beaver Cleaver aka JJ?   There he was, hiding in the bushes while the evil Eddie Haskell is trying to steal Mary Jane's skate key.  I mean, the evil Kyle is trying to get into Paige's bloomers.  But our Secret Agent Man, JJ, actually GETS CAUGHT skulking in the shrubbery.  I have to hand it to Show, though, for being consistent, since hiring JJ to go undercover is exactly the sort of boneheaded thing they'd think was brilliant.  This is the same department that re-hired Jawn, a man more suited to be a Walmart greeter, and has Abe ON THE CASE.  

No wonder, Clyde, Victor and Stephono don't even break a sweat.

While I find Paige and JJ's breakup to be almost as tedious as their relationship ended up being, I do get Paige's fury.  I remember myself at that age.....and I'm only grateful that there was no way in those days to track the prank phone calls I made.  And made.  And, made.  Difference is, though, I would have gone for a guy like Kyle without a second thought.  Being young - sometimes I wonder how the hell we live to tell the tale.

I'm not so sure Hope took that pregnancy test kit to protect Abigail.  Maybe Hope collects them, like, say, Hummel figurines or Precious Moments.  Or maybe she's gotten crafty and turns them into candle holders or something.  I know!  Maybe she's going to make into an ornament for Abigail to hang on the Horton Christmas Tree this year.  Awwwww, that's gonna be sooooo sweet!

Why Kayla doesn't have a bottle of scotch hidden in her desk drawer is beyond me.  It must be exhausting dealing with Abigail.  Yesterday the little snip yelled at her, snapped at her, treated her with the disrespect she usually shows virtually everyone.  Today she wept, her voice quivered, she begged Kayla to violate her ethics - not something Abigail knows much about, to be fair - and generally made her life miserable.  But, she's amazing - right?  We're told so, often enough.  

And thank God that once again NONE of this is her fault.   It's that EVUL Chad, who led her on, who fooled her, who TRICKED her into bed - again.  Just like it was EJ who led her on, who fooled her, who TRICKED her into bed - and the shower, and the boardroom and the supply closet.  

Abigail is a one-woman wrecking ball for personal responsibility, isn't she?  She's always a victim, always being fooled, always being taken advantage of.  Sorta makes me wonder why her favorite contact sport is going around town slapping people, high and low, who don't live up to her expectations.  I guess it's a easy sport when the ones she has for herself are so low.

You all remember the late, great, Billy Mays, the spokesman who did all those infomercials?  He sold us the Ju-jitsu knife, introduced the world to Oxyclean, and brought Orange Glow into national consciousness, among many other products.  That guy could sell anything.  

Not even Billy Mays  could convince me that Abigail was worthy of being a showrunner, or deserving to eat up so much airtime.  Nope, not even if Billy pitched her to us with "WAIT!  Call NOW, and not only will you get ABIGAIL DEVERAUX swallowing the show LIVE, I'll send you TWO - count 'em, TWO, Cap Snafflers, FREE!  That's right, folks, ABIGAIL DEVERAUX and TWO CAP SNAFFLERS JUST for the price of postage!"

I would like that cap snaffler, though.  Then I could always get the lid off my Jar Jar's.

Edited by boes
  • Love 16

I wasn't watching during the Abigail/EJ affair, or when Abigail was with Chad before (they were together, right?) so I am only basing my opinion on the current storylines, and I don't understand Abigail at all.   I've yet to see any real reason to believe that she is in love with Ben.  Or that she loves Chad.  Is she supposed to be torn between two lovers?  If so, she's not selling it.  For that matter, neither guy seems to love her either.  Chad's just indifferent.  And Ben is obsessed.

Marlena was truly torn between two lovers and it was completely believable when she cheated on Roman with John. And, of course, in all its soapiness, John was Belle's father.   And it all worked to make a great story.

Back to Abigail, though I posted upthread that I liked her having Will to discuss her "problem" with, why can't she have a "girl" friend to confide in.  Back in the day, Jennifer would have had her cousin Hope.  Even Jordan, would have worked, though probably not, since Abigail cheated on Jordan's brother!

Anyway, just rambling here.  And still hoping the new (old) writer's can bring back some of what I loved about Days that has kept me coming back over the years.

• Love 4

Just a clarification from yesterday: All plots, ESPECIALLY those that are currently front and center are no holds barred for discussion and snark or love. What we are trying to do behind the scenes is get rid of repetitive posts that don't really add to the conversation. Everyone is fair game just be creative and fun about it! 

blackboard.jpg

• Love 1

Am I really supposed to feel sorry for any of these cheaters?  Justin cheated, told Adrienne he was going to continue to cheat, and now he is upset his marriage is over when he is the one who filed for divorce?  Adrienne declared her marriage over and began an affair with Lucas, and she is upset Justin filed for divorce?  Every time Will opens his mouth, I want someone to smack him.  Slappy and her whining - whatever - do not care.

I wanted Sami to be celebrating with me when EJ died.  I wasn't sad at all that EJ was dead.  I thought it was the best thing to happen to Sami in years.

• Love 8

The thing is that Tomsell have made everybody into cheaters and liars because that is the only way that they can write conflict for a couple. I  think we have 6 weeks left, until these incompetent writers are gone..I have never seen the show in this horrible state..Mardar who were the writing team before Tomsell were just boring, but they did have some good ideas. I also liked that they brought back Jack, Austin and Carrie back..I hated that they turned Sami into a cheater and made Dr Orange Maggie's son...

• Love 5

Back to Abigail, though I posted upthread that I liked her having Will to discuss her "problem" with, why can't she have a "girl" friend to confide in.  Back in the day, Jennifer would have had her cousin Hope.  Even Jordan, would have worked, though probably not, since Abigail cheated on Jordan's brother!

No woman with a brain should ever trust Abifail or want to be her friend. It would be a completely one-sided "friendship" and if she has a boyfriend Abifail would definitely try to have sex with him. 

• Love 11
(edited)

the side piece wanted both of the Brady sister men.  Belle had better watch out when she comes back because Abigail will go into heat for her man cousin or not cousin.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

Belle has nothing to worry about because Shawn is Abigail's first cousin once removed...lol...We need a younger villain to mix it up..I hope Xander leaves Salem alive and comes back from time to time to stir things up for the people of Salem...Andre, Stefano and Victor are now too old to be believable as villains...Philip should have taken over for Victor..He is Kate and Victor's son, it  is in his DNA to be a villain...I don't want him too evil, to not be rootable....Andrew Donovan should be his arch enemy determined to bring him down...I just want my show to be good again...

• Love 2
(edited)

Am I really supposed to feel sorry for any of these cheaters?  Justin cheated, told Adrienne he was going to continue to cheat, and now he is upset his marriage is over when he is the one who filed for divorce?  Adrienne declared her marriage over and began an affair with Lucas, and she is upset Justin filed for divorce?  Every time Will opens his mouth, I want someone to smack him.  Slappy and her whining - whatever - do not care.

I wanted Sami to be celebrating with me when EJ died.  I wasn't sad at all that EJ was dead.  I thought it was the best thing to happen to Sami in years.

The sad thing about EJ  and Sami was that they had potential to be a great, awesome dark couple, they had so much chemistry and he loved her darkness and loved her just the way she was....But Hogan sheffer had to turn him into a rapist..I find it disturbing that these male writers are so enamored with rape...It is truly disgusting...Hogan did rape storylines on other shows as well...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I am tired of Eric's constant hating and anger...it's the only emotions this guy has. Didn't priesthood teach him anything? Apparently not. I love you....I hate you....wait I love you again....until you do something to piss me off again....then I'm gonna hate you some more. Yawn.

• Love 5

The sad thing about EJ  and Sami was that they had potential to be a great, awesome dark couple, they had so much chemistry and he loved her darkness and loved her just the way she was....But Hogan sheffer had to turn him into a rapist..I find it disturbing that these male writers are so enamored with rape...It is truly disgusting...Hogan did rape storylines on other shows as well...

And the writers did not stop there.  They continued on with eight years of EJ trying to destroy Sami's life while claiming he loved her.  Then in one of the most idiotic writing moves ever, they have Sami (who was NEVER a cheater) cheat on Rafe, have Sami ping pong all over the place for a year, end up with EJ, and guess what happened?  EJ ruined Sami's life again all while claiming to love her, and blaming her for all their problems.  I wish Sami had shot him in the head again.

I should be careful what I wish for.  I wanted a different SL for JJ, and this is what I get.  {face palm}

I don't even want to think about what the writers will do to Theresa next.

I don't know what to think of Justin and Kate.  If Kate has sex with Justin, and Clyde starts threatening them like he has Sonny, Will, and Ari, I want Kate and Sami to kill Clyde when Sami returns to Salem.

• Love 5
(edited)

(Guy Wilson's) Will doesn't resemble the young man who was friends with (Casey Deidrick's) Chad in any significant way in mind, heart, or body, and the writing doesn't serve the relationship well enough to make it believable that they are friends now, or to remind us that they were friends in the past.

Exactly, Although Will and Chad were close they just don't convey that since Will's recast where as Chad's recast still gives that friend relationship with Sonny. I'm hoping that if they do recast Sonny, it works well with Chad and works better with Will. CM was great with Sonny, Chad, EJ even. He had that chemistry for friends/boyfriend/mentor that just didn't translate and move to nuWill with Guy. 

I think they're trying to give Will/Abigail this friendship now because they got rid of all her friends (was there even a goodbye with Melanie?) and Will's don't work either. I think the writing even knows that since they have Will being judgy saying how Sonny's best friend is Chad Dimera. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
(edited)

That is why the show is such a mess because Ken Corday feels that we should love who he says we are supposed to love...They should have written for EJ and Sami organically...It was time for Sami to finally get a man that only had eyes for her and never even looked twice at Carrie...I am a lumi fan and I liked EJ and Sami together....I always wanted Lumi to be the endgame...EJ and Sami could have caused lots of trouble together, such wasted potential....

I remember a good scene after it was revealed that Sami had blackmailed Lexie to keep Austin and Carrie apart, Roman came to chew her out...She basically told him that she did not care about his opinion about her, she even blew off Will and Lucas with EJ's encouragement..I thought the show was setting up a scenario with EJ/Sami on one side versus the town of Salem, with Lucas and Will desperately trying pull Sami from falling further into the dark side..That would have been good to watch....Who would win the battle for Sami's soul...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

They had the chance with EJ/Sami and EJ/Nicole for a dark couple, and for whatever reason never wrote it.  It was the SL James Scott wanted, and what he thought he was finally getting in 2013.  I don't know why they trashed Lumi or Safe either.  Of course, I also don't understand why they have literally ruined every single couple and character on this show.

• Love 1

True O'Brien seems to be a charming person. That said, I've been thinking about this lately:

I feel like she has a tendency to "overact," and especially when Paige is yelling at someone. She seems to overexaggerate her facial expressions and her gestures especially. She just doesn't seem as 'natural.' I almost feel like she'd be more suited for a performance on stage than in a television role. Does anyone else feel this way?

It's a common mistake with newer actors. I've seen many interviews with experienced actors talking about how one of the biggest things they've learned is that less is more. (Some characters are deliberately supposed to be OTT and that's one thing, but Paige has never struck me as falling into that category.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Best part of today's episode?  No Abby :):)

I think TOB is at her best in her scenes with KdP because she plays Paige in a very understated way so that when her voice raises in anger, it actually resonates.

As much as I hate Daniel, I do like it that he's telling off Serena for how self-serving she's being.

I don't have words for Theresa's plot to discredit the nanny--no words.

I do have a question:  when Rory was listing all of the drugs that were being sold now, he said "weed, pills, G, H," now I know that H means heroin but what the hell is G?  GHB maybe?  Help me out, someone who is much cooler than me :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1

The poor side piece is being targeted by Dimera men. They trick her, seduce her, and throw her away. PLEASE! She followed EJ and Chad around like a little puppy. She offered to be EJ's mistress. She found any excuse in the book to flirt with Chad. Her "victim" routine is outrageous. Kayla coddling her like everyone else is just sickening! She needs to face the consequences of her actions (the pregnancy), get judgmental treatment from the whole town including her own family, and live alone for a while. Without this happening, I cannot see any redemption for this character.

• Love 8
(edited)

Throughout the various bizarro plots and Presidential news conference the only thing I could think of was WHO pissed off makeup? Anyone who had the least bit of a tan was orange and flat - no contours, no shading or highlighting. Hope and Victor appeared to be the worst but anyone sporting a faux-tan seemed to be a victim. Was it bring your child to work day in the hair and makeup department?

Edited by Originalroux
(edited)

7/15/2015 Recap :)

JJ/Rory/Kyle/Paige

We start off with JJ calling DEA Watts on accepting the offer to go undercover and he's dead serious. He's approached by Rory who asks what he's up to. Rory heard him talking about Kyle and asks if he was talking to Kyle and Rory says Kyle is a dealer and wonder what he meant when he said count him in. Rory asks about Kyle and about drugs and JJ says he's not doing it. Rory says hanging out with Kyle is bad news and that Kyle sells all kinds of illegal things. JJ asks how long Rory known Kyle and Rory says he comes off nice but if you cross him he's scary.

They chat some more about Paige and Rory says JJ isn't hoping that he isn't trying to get back together with Paige. Rory says all that has happened, there's no way it could happen. JJ says he's just trying to keep Kyle away from Paige. More chit chat and Rory invites JJ to go to the river which JJ declines as he's going to look for Kyle and Rory says Kyle is always hanging out at the other side of the park.

JJ meets Kyle at the park and Kyle asks if JJ is gonna get back in the game and JJ says he can show Kyle a list of his old customers and says that Kyle can do something for him. JJ doesn't want Kyle with Paige. Kyle wants to know why it's JJ's business and Paige walks up and wants to know why is it JJ's business.

Paige/Jennifer/Eve

Paige is at The Square and sees Jennifer. A co-worker relieves Paige of her job as it's her shift. Jen tells Paige to wait and says she's sorry for what happened and what she did she can't apologize enough and just wants to know if she's ok. Paige doesn't answer her and Jen says she missed her and what she did is wrong and understands if Paige hates her. Paige says she doesn't hate her and Jen strokes her hair as Eve sees. Jen and Paige sit at a table, and Paige says she's not saying she forgives her and knows that Jen will do anything to protect her kids. Paige wishes she could go back in time and Jen holds Paige's hands which Eve looks on upset. Jen wishes she could go back as well and Paige says they can't. Jen says they can feel less awkward around each other when Jen's phone rings and she has to take the call and walks off.

Eve sits down at the table and says she can forgive Jen and not her. Eve says Jen blackmailed her and Paige says Jen was helping JJ. Eve calls Jen a lying witch and why can't Paige see that. Paige says she's not Eve and Eve says she loves Paige and she pawned the ring to show Paige how much she loves her. Paige says Eve went back for the ring and Eve said she did which is already sold and Paige says good. Paige leaves. Eve looks at Jen's drink and takes out the pills. Eve puts about three pills in Jen's drink while Jen is still on the phone.

Jen finishes her call and walks back as Eve escapes

Eve

Eve is at TBD with pills in her hands and reads the dosage instructions and the side effects if taking too much.

Anne/Theresa/Tech Guy/Henderson/Haley/Tate/Victor/Brady

They're at the hospital looking at the nanny video on Theresa's phone as Anne's tech friend did the thing and looped the video. Theresa arrives at Vic's house and asks Henderson about Tate and Haley which they are not there. Theresa calls Haley and tells her that she'll meet Haley there at the park. Haley says she has class in 30 minutes but Theresa doesn't hear the message as she hangs up on her (As it's a ruse). Theresa opens the door and drags Anne and her tech friend in so he can finish doing some things with the nanny cam.

The Tech guy and Theresa are in the nursery and the tech guy is finishing things and Theresa tells him that he can go in the closet. Anne is looking at the things in the house until she hears someone and Anne quickly exits the house and stands in the doorway and Henderson asks if he can help her and Anne says she's Theresa's boss and needs to speak to Theresa. Theresa comes down the stairs and make small talk and leave the house.

Theresa is standing outside the house hiding in the bushes in front of Vic's when Haley and Tate return. Theresa texts the Tech Guy to tell him to do his thing. Theresa enters the house and runs into Haley and they chit chat and Haley says she shouldn't miss class because Theresa has an at work emergency and wants more notice. Theresa says it's Haley's job and Haley says she's better at taking care of Tate than her. Theresa tells Haley to leave which Haley does. Theresa is back in the nursery while Tate is crying Theresa is texting the Tech Guy while under the nanny cam so she's not seen. Theresa picks up Tate and holds him under the nanny cam and smiles and looks up at it.

Theresa calls the Tech Guy who finished doing his thing.

Brady and Victor come home and Henderson tells them that Theresa is with Tate. Theresa comes down stairs and talks about Haley being lousy with her job and Tate being in a wet diaper and how she's a horrible nanny. Brady thinks Theresa is trying to make Haley look bad and that he'll talk to her. Vic says there's no need to talk to Haley about bogus charges because he knows Theresa is lying and can prove it.

Brady thinks they shouldn't judge Theresa but Vic says he installed a nanny cam and Brady is stunned and wonder why Vic didn't say anything. Brady says they need to look at the footage. They look at the footage and see that Theresa was telling the truth and Brady says they'll have to fire Haley which Theresa says she'll do it but Brady says he'll do it and call the agency. Theresa says something that I didn't catch because channel acted up.

Brady/Victor/Hope

Brady enters Hope's office with Vic already there and Hope has an update on Xander. Vic wants to know if they will arrest Xander. Hope says they're looking into his business and search there which Vic flashes back to a conversation with Xander. Hope thinks they'll find something and Xander will go down along with others he's been working with. Hope says what she told them is classified and Hope's phone rings and she has to go and tells them to shut the door when they leave. Hope leaves.

Brady says it can't be easy with Xander being related to him and Vic says to hell with him. Brady asks if Vic is affiliated with Xander and Vic denies and Vic says he should take care of things himself instead of the police. Brady says it's not an option for Vic to get involved as Vic has changed and the family loves him for that and don't want Vic to do anything to mess it up. Brady says they should go back to the house to check on Tate.

Serena/Xander/Dan/Hope

Xander says Serena burned all her bridges and has nobody and if she disappeared nobody would care. Serena says she wasn't trying to record him which Xander calls her a liar. Xander says he can make it look like an accident and can eliminate his problems. Dan comes and tells Xander to get his hands off of Serena. Dan asks what the hell is Xander doing and Xander says they had a disagreement and asks Serena if she's okay. Dan is about to call police and Serena stops him and Xander says it was about the article that Serena was suppose to write which he has a contract with her that's on file. Serena says forget about the contract and that they're done and Xander says they're done when Serena returns the payments and leaves.

Serena said she tried and Dan asks what she was doing. Dan says does he have to warn Serena not to get involved with Xander and the best thing she can do is testify. Serena says Xander is smart which Dan just looks at her and how when she came to Salem she was using Eric and helping Xander. Dan says what Serena did was bring Xander to Salem and blaming her for almost getting Nicole and Eric killed. Serena says she's drawing the line and that she doesn't feel sorry for Nicole and the things going on between Nicole and Eric is Nicole's fault. Dan calls it twisted logic and Serena says Nicole didn't like her from day one and got info on her and manipulated Xander. Serena says she can't stand Nicole and don't know how anyone could forgive her. Dan doesn't want to hear another bad word about Nicole. Hope arrives as Serena is the person she wants to see.

Hope has questions which Serena says unless they're hauling her in talk to her attorney and leave. Hope has some questions for Dan and Dan says they can do it back at his place and that Nicole is moving in with him. 

Eric/Nicole/Brady/Victor/Hope/Dan/Serena

Eric says he's in love with Nicole which Nicole says Eric doesn't mean it but Eric says he means every word. Hope says they have nothing and if they go to trial the statement would be shredded which Vic says Nicole lies. Nicole says Eric lost everything because of her and Eric says new doors are opened. Nicole says things were heightened that night and Eric says they almost made love which Nicole loves and says it's confusing and Eric says there could be more. Nicole says she's sorry. Nicole says she loves Eric as a friend and Eric goes to interrupt but Nicole tells him to wait and she talks about them loving each other and she ruined it. Eric says he forgives her. Nicole says when they were dying old feelings came back and it was just in the moment and things changed as they were saved. Nicole says she never wants to hurt Eric again but the man that saved them is Eric's closest friend and the man she loves.

Nicole says Dan doesn't have to hear about the kiss and if Eric wants her to be happy he'll let her be happy with Dan. She says she's moving in with Dan and starting a new life with Dan and hopes it'll last forever. Nicole says movers are coming to deliver her stuff and Eric says it's hard for him to talk to Dan because Dan is thanking him and making him out to be a saint. Eric wants to tell him and Nicole tells Eric to forget what happened and Eric says he can't . Knock at the door and it's Brady and Vic, Brady wants to give Dan a head's up on a get together they're having. Nicole asks what's the occasion and Brady says it's for Tate and Brady is inviting the both of them.

Nicole says she'll tell Dan when he gets back and Vic makes a comment about her being there and Nicole says she's moving in which Vic just stares and Brady says they'll leave and Brady and Vic leave. Nicole tells Eric that he shouldn't be here and Nicole and Eric leave. 

Hope and Dan arrive at the apartment and Dan knows that Nicole isn't Hope's favorite person and Hope says if Dan is happy so is she. Meanwhile at the park, Nicole and Eric continue to blabber about Eric's feelings towards her, (same thing over and over so not gonna bother recapping word for word).

Back at the apartment Dan moves some of Nicole's things and Hope finds engagement ring box on the floor and Dan walks back in the room and looks at Hope. At the park Nicole wants to know if Eric is gonna tell Dan what happened between them as Serena hears at the archway. (Last scene of the day)

Xander

Xander is on the phone saying police doesn't have anything on him and he'll stay low and anyone that tried hurting him is going to pay a steep price.

Look, Dark Roast to the rescue once again. I guess he thinks that he's the only person allowed to manhandle a woman in Salem. He really needs to STFU getting all self righteous once again. I can't stand this ratchet ass character. 

Why are people constantly blaming Serena for the attempted murder? It makes no sense at all Dark Roast knows damn well Serena was with him the whole time and just as worried even though she was a little manic at the time. She didn't bring Xander to Salem, Victor released Xander from prison. 

Hope OMG what a fucking nosy ass. Can she stop finding shit and sit her ass down somewhere.

Smart of Serena to not answer Hope's questions and just walk off.

Haley can't afford to get snippy, you've only been babysitting for a few days so going to say you're better at taking care of Tate than Theresa would have earned you a slap in the face. Even though writers are writing Theresa to be incompetent at watching her son and it doesn't help that they're letting Dumbass Brady make all the rules and Theresa not willing to put her foot down and possibly grow from what happened to her with Electroshock and Kritter. 

I hate how writers are writing Theresa it's so ridiculous.

Look Eve is drugging Jacosta, I mean is there really any difference because according to long time viewers Jacosta has been acting like a pod person for the past couple of years. 

Here we go again another "scary villain" this time in the form of Kyle. Yawn. He'll be quickly disposed of. Writers wouldn't need another villain if they hadn't written Xander into a corner and being a woman beater. 

On the plus side, nice to see Rory & Anne.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Kayla coddling her like everyone else is just sickening!

In her defense, Kayla was trying to get Abby to see that she made a conscious decision to sleep with Chad BEFORE finding out she was "being manipulated".

• Love 2
(edited)

A bit behind, but there was some good dialog at the end of last week! Kate was her usual blunt self.

Justin: I did sleep with someone else. And Adrienne is sleeping with Lucas.

Kate: Yes, but it's Salem. You know, that's grounds for an embarrassing public shouting match, not for divorce.

Justin: Kate, she's obviously moved on.

Kate: No, she's getting you back. You had it coming to you, don't over-react!

Damn, that was a nice scene with Justin and Kate. Those two really work well together. I liked the flow, how the initial animosity melted into a comfortable amiability. (And for the record, if I got to work and found someone rooting around in my desk, they would WISH they were dealing with Kate! I would go nuclear.) I adore Kate!

I just have to come up with some way to save Tate from something really horrible, you know? Then, maybe Brady might see me in a new way.

Ann: Right! Like a woman who would put her kid in jeopardy just to score points with his father. How is that new, exactly?

I adore Ann! Maybe Kate and Ann should be the new power couple, snarking on all the idiots in town. I think you could say that while both Kate and Ann try to be the best friend they can, they both have to overcome their natural tendencies, and their faces often betray what they really think. When Kate told Will not to tell Sonny about Paul, she was giving him the best advice she knew to give. And a week or so ago, when Kate (and later Marlena) was trying to counsel Will, she pointed out that if she, Kate, a well-renowned schemer, was concerned with the plan, perhaps there was a problem.

Kate: Why can't you just trust the process?

Will, with that stupid look he gets when he thinks he's being clever: Why should I, when I can guide the process?

Kate: *says nothing*

Kate's face: Because you are a moron.

It was hilarious! But I am ready to punch Will. That smug look makes me homicidal and he was wearing it in every scene with Paul. I love that Paul has no patience for his shit. Speaking of Paul, I liked his meeting with John in the park, and I liked John talking to Brady about it. That little family is coming along nicely.

Adrienne can shut the fuck up and dry her weepy eyes. I really hate her. Can that classless bitch find someone to whine to about her divorce other than the man she is sleeping with? That's just tacky. Poor doomed Lucas.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 4

Hey show, I'm still rooting for Theresa.  That nanny is horribly disrespectful, and I don't like her.

Having said that, I wish they weren't making Theresa do these stupid things. She needs to prove she's a good mother by being a good mother. 

• Love 5

Not sure how she's going to do that when she's not allowed in the room if Brady's home.  Theresa just needs to get out of there.  I think she really does want to take care of him.

• Love 4
(edited)

ShadowSixx, you deserve an award for doing these detailed recaps. I don't know how you resist the urge to just start copying and pasting stuff from past recaps.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 10

Hey show, I'm still rooting for Theresa.  That nanny is horribly disrespectful, and I don't like her.

Hayley has only been disrespectful to Theresa, and that's because Theresa's been disrespectful to her first.  But she's been very respectful toward Brady, Victor, and Maggie.

As for Theresa, she's basically putting a black mark on an innocent girl's employment record just to get close to Brady.  I do not approve.

• Love 6

A bit behind, but there was some good dialog at the end of last week! Kate was her usual blunt self.

Justin: I did sleep with someone else. And Adrienne is sleeping with Lucas.

Kate: Yes, but it's Salem. You know, that's grounds for an embarrassing public shouting match, not for divorce.

If anyone is qualified to make meta-commentary on the nature of Salem, it's Kate. And I could be convinced to start watching the show again if I could be guaranteed a regular occurrence of scenes where Kate makes "Because you are a moron" faces at Won't.

• Love 4