Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/27/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I think plenty of male artists get mocked, but not for using their personal experiences as an inspiration, which was the point Rosie P. was trying to make.  Taylor Swift gets a lot of crap for using her relationships as fodder for her songs, but male artists do it all the time and don't get called out to nearly the same degree.  Two examples that come to mind are Justin Timberlake writing Cry me a River about his breakup with Britney (and using her doppelganger in the video), and John Mayer writing about many of his relationships.  Justin was critically lauded for his song, and Mayer gets a "boys will be boys" playboy reputation.  So yes, all public figures are scrutinized and mocked, but a young woman appears to be judged more harshly for using those experiences as musical fodder than similarly aged young men were when they released similar songs.  

• Love 12

I don't see her criticized for writing personal songs at all, it's just she dates a lot of high profile guys so she can come across as a serial dater, that's what I see her made fun of the most.  She seems a little slow to me so I checked out during her interview.

• Love 3

I find the idea women should be coddled and not criticized quite sexist.... I don't see her criticism as being less talented.... but that her talent is wasted on bad music

I don't think anyone is saying "women should be coddled not criticized."   The point is that there has been and still is a difference in how women are treated in the celebrity spotlight - in society in general.  Read chilis post for an excellent examples.

I've already stated that I don't listen to Swift's music. It sounds like white noise to me, but I am old, in the way.and like what I like  Her music isn't geared to my taste anyway.  One can not like her music but still see why she is not treated the same as male counterparts.

Oh, and FTR, Justin Bieber sucks, too.

• Love 9

I've never really been a fan of Taylor or her music for the most part. I will say that the Shake It Off song is catchy and I appreciate the message behind it. I don't think she's slow per say but I do think that she thinks too much about what she wants to say from what I've seen when she's done interviews like this. Even though she's done plenty of them before it's like she's always nervous so maybe if she's not singing on the stage there's a bit of anxiety going on.

• Love 5

I don't see her criticized for writing personal songs at all, it's just she dates a lot of high profile guys so she can come across as a serial dater, that's what I see her made fun of the most.  She seems a little slow to me so I checked out during her interview.

Taylor Swift seems to date someone for a few months, break up, write a scathing song about them, and then announce it publicly.  She acts like she's in jr. high, she deserves all of the mocking she gets for her behaviour.  

• Love 5

Taylor Swift is writing what she knows...now.  She is evolving AND she's in the "business" of selling music.  What she creates sells, so she's probably willing to take the criticism because the rewards are good...so far.  I've thought she was a darling girl since I saw a feature (documentary?) on her when she was a very young teen.  

• Love 7

Taylor's Red album (can we say album anymore?) was interesting because she worked with other artists.  I'm really not a fan and mostly should stick to Thumper's mama's rule, but it does seem to me that she practically exploits her high-profile dating for song fodder, so much so, that's it's getting old and appears to me to be drama queen-ish... and girl needs to stop dancing at awards shows!

• Love 5

What were the producers thinking booking Bethanny Frankel to shill her cocktails with an audience full of underage Taylor Swift fans? I was cringing listening to her talk about Nude Boy and Thyme Girl (or whatever) getting together to make a Sex on the Beach cocktail.

Normally I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but the audience was clearly full of teens. Just seems like odd producing. Rosie looked uncomfortable and/or checked out during that segment.

• Love 13

Not going to war in another country is not the same as isolation..... Just my opinion.

It is a shame that we cant have this discussion..... maybe it will become another hot topic so we can.

*Peace

No, you're right, but there's danger in acting too late, as well, in my opinion. I think we have a moral obligation to intervene in the face of genocide whether the victims be Armenians, Jews or Kurds, but political, legal, military and practical application are such complicated issues, certainly beyond Hot Topics and the Rosie O'Donnell School of Black and White. Anyway, I can't help but love Rosie -- and this board -- you all have me putting on my thinking cap over morning coffee for the first time in a long time and I so appreciate it!

I can't name a Taylor Swift song to save my life either, but it's nice to see a fully clothed woman do well in pop music and her fan interactions are so gracious I couldn't hate her if I wanted to.

• Love 8

I personally don't care for Taylor Swift, but compared to the young performers out there, she's not a bad role model. I don't have a teen girl, but I would hope they would follow Taylor instead of Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber. But, Taylor is mocked because of always writing about how every guy wrongs her. That is why Amy and Tina's joke was so funny during the Golden Globes. It's not sexist, she brings it on herself

As far as Kevin Smith's weight loss being so shocking because he said did it with diet and walking, I do not get why that is inpossuble. I lost 50lbs on Weight Watchers, and our leader never liked gyms or classes, but she lost 97 lbs walking, bike riding and with her eating habits. I also never went to a gym, I walked, did a lot of swimming and changed my eating habits . I have not only maintained but lost more weight. It's not easy, but it can be done.

I did not like Rosie even bringing up the fact that he might be hiding the fact he had bariatric surgery, I think in the celebrity world, it's mich more common for people to have surgery to fix things. In real life, I see many lifetime members who lost 100lbs or more at meetings without extreme surgery or exercise.

• Love 9

Taylor Swift uses her personal life as inspiration for her songs.  Jason Derullo currently has a song that is supposedly inspired by his personal life. Most artists use their own experiences when creating their art.  But I do find it a little sexist that Taylor Swift is written off as being less talented because of it.

Granted, I'm no TS expert, but I hear her being criticized because:

1) She was a talented country singer/songwriter and musician who has gone completely pop, and her pop songs lack the depth and musical creativity of her country songs

2) She dates a lot. And she writes successful songs about her relationships. Her "relationship" songs tend to be lyrically simplistic and don't reflect Taylor Swift's talent as a singer and musician. I do find it sexist that she's criticized for her dating behavior while male celebrities who date around do not get the same criticism (e.g. Harry Styles, Derek Jeter, and George Clooney--in his single days)

• Love 2

I'm way out of Taylor Swift's demographic but I like her because she seems like a decent human being. When I think of Taylor Swift, which I rarely do, I think a nice young woman. When I think of Justin Bieber, which I do only after hearing about his most recent brush with the law, I think walking turd.

• Love 14

I did not like Rosie even bringing up

the fact that he might be hiding the fact he had bariatric surgery, I think in the celebrity world, it's mich more common for people to have surgery to fix things. In real life, I see many lifetime members who lost 100lbs or more at meetings without extreme surgery or exercise.

It almost seemed like she was insisting that he had had surgery despite him saying he was just walking. Too me, it felt like she was trying to tell everybody that there was no way he could achieve those results with out surgery and she mentioned it several times. I don't know if she was trying to make herself feel better for having surgery instead of diet and exercise (even though she was never ashamed of having surgery). I found her comments to be bizarre (and similar to how she called out Star Jones for lying about not having surgery).

• Love 9

I did not like Rosie even bringing up the fact that he might be hiding the fact he had bariatric surgery, I think in the celebrity world, it's mich more common for people to have surgery to fix things. In real life, I see many lifetime members who lost 100lbs or more at meetings without extreme surgery or exercise.

I lost 120 pounds over 18 months starting 4 1/2 years ago.  I have regained 30 pounds in the last year because my regimented eating habits have become difficult to maintain due to a medication that makes me feel like a teenager that just smoked a blunt, so I need to get back on the wagon and really try again, this time in a more healthy way with lots of exercise.  I don't appreciate Ro's questioning how folks have lost weight, it's none of her damn business really and she shouldn't keep floating this stuff out there.

I will say this, I lost it because I essentially starved myself and had "shrunk my stomach" naturally so that it only took a few bites for me to be full - pretty much the same thing that many of the bariatric surgeries do.

• Love 11

It almost seemed like she was insisting that he had had surgery despite him saying he was just walking. Too me, it felt like she was trying to tell everybody that there was no way he could achieve those results with out surgery and she mentioned it several times.

I agree. The comment that bothered me most was when Rosie said something like, "He's always been a really honest person so I'm sure if he had bariatric surgery he'll say so." To me, there's a huge difference between being dishonest and maintaining your privacy. He has no obligation to share his health or medical status with the public, and I think Rosie would agree, which is why I found her comments strange.

• Love 10

I lost 120 pounds over 18 months starting 4 1/2 years ago. I have regained 30 pounds in the last year because my regimented eating habits have become difficult to maintain due to a medication that makes me feel like a teenager that just smoked a blunt, so I need to get back on the wagon and really try again, this time in a more healthy way with lots of exercise. I don't appreciate Ro's questioning how folks have lost weight, it's none of her damn business really and she shouldn't keep floating this stuff out there.

I will say this, I lost it because I essentially starved myself and had "shrunk my stomach" naturally so that it only took a few bites for me to be full - pretty much the same thing that many of the bariatric surgeries do.

Maybe it's the Weigjt Watchers program, but I never felt starved or deprived, and it is the first time I have ever kept weight off without starving
  • Love 1

I agree. The comment that bothered me most was when Rosie said something like, "He's always been a really honest person so I'm sure if he had bariatric surgery he'll say so." To me, there's a huge difference between being dishonest and maintaining your privacy. He has no obligation to share his health or medical status with the public, and I think Rosie would agree, which is why I found her comments strange.

What if he's telling the truth? It is possible to lose weight the way he said he did. Just because Rosie couldn't lose weight without surgery doesn't mean everyone else can't. Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 2

I think plenty of male artists get mocked, but not for using their personal experiences as an inspiration, which was the point Rosie P. was trying to make.  Taylor Swift gets a lot of crap for using her relationships as fodder for her songs, but male artists do it all the time and don't get called out to nearly the same degree.  

I agree completely. There's always a touch of slut-shaming when people talk about it. I think Taylor Swift has also been mocked in the past for looking like and appealing to "little girls." Oh, well to the naysayers, she's laughing all the way to the bank while the rest of the music industry is floundering. The only other album I've read that's done as well is the Frozen soundtrack, something else that appeals to a lot of "little girls"....

This discussion actually reminds me of an article I was reading about reactions to Twilight a few years ago. Most people would agree it's crap, but for some reason people were nastier and got more joy out of mocking it and its fans than, say, Transformers, which catered to boys.

• Love 3

What if he's telling the truth? It is possible to lose weight the way he said he did. Just because Rosie couldn't lose weight without surgery doesn't mean everyone else can't.

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply that I think he had the surgery. My only point was that it's none of our business either way, and that keeping private stuff private isn't the same thing as lying.

• Love 4

I agree completely. There's always a touch of slut-shaming when people talk about it. I think Taylor Swift has also been mocked in the past for looking like and appealing to "little girls." Oh, well to the naysayers, she's laughing all the way to the bank while the rest of the music industry is floundering. The only other album I've read that's done as well is the Frozen soundtrack, something else that appeals to a lot of "little girls"....

This discussion actually reminds me of an article I was reading about reactions to Twilight a few years ago. Most people would agree it's crap, but for some reason people were nastier and got more joy out of mocking it and its fans than, say, Transformers, which catered to boys.

I watched Twilight not long ago..... they had them on back to back..... it wasnt a bad show.... but I do see why it was geared toward girls

• Love 1
What were the producers thinking booking Bethanny Frankel to shill her cocktails with an audience full of underage Taylor Swift fans?

Odd, Canter, because I thought she sold her Skinny Girl business to some giant company (Seagrams?) and was no longer associated.  She wouldn't even answer a question...she HAD to bring the topic back to the reason she was on the show: her cocktail "cookbook."    I don't even watch Bethanny on TV...but I read about her business and was pretty impressed with the amount she got for the sale.

• Love 1

Going back to the cat-calling discussion, I was shocked that the women seemed to think it was all about "flattery." Those men weren't flattering the young woman, they were harassing her. I expected more from them then just "that one guy who walked next to her, he was creepy." I thought they were all creepy, with the "Hey Mama" and one who called out, "Hey $1000 bucks." 

Not having been in NYC for a long time, I thought it was just "construction guys" calling out from a distance, but no, there seemed to be men loitering in doorways, hanging around, make rude advances. I give her a lot of credit for hanging in there, although she was probably in no danger in broad daylight on busy streets. I would have ducked into every coffee shop along the way to avoid the prying eyes. 

Some man commented on the video, "What should a man say if he finds a woman attractive?" and others answered, "Nothing. She was just trying to get from Point A to Point B without being called out by rude creeps." 

• Love 7

I was very disappointed in the way each and every one of the hosts handled the video of street harassment. They sounded like Fox and Friends this morning. It really pissed me off. I expected better. They totally minimized what happened and all talked about how they like it? Fuck that.

• Love 11

The topic wasn't handled any better elsewhere, imo. It made the rounds that's for sure. On Inside Edition they did that piece and  one about Halloween costumes. The costumes were "sexy" versions, one was sexy Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. ugh

• Love 3

Being harassed on the street like that can be scary.  I recall after college, (LOONG ago)   working in an office in Chicago.  There was a nice restaurant a few blocks away, and once in a while some of the women would decide to go out to lunch.  Walking down Taylor Street at mid-day was a frightening experience.  It's not flattering when you are suddenly outnumbered by groups of men who are telling you what they want to do to you, it is frightening.   After a particularly scary experience, we stopped going out to lunch, unless a man from the office was going.  If there was a man with us, nobody said anything.  

Women who think it's flattering haven't had to walk through the neighborhoods I have.  They have to think about what it's like for a woman who has been  raped, or has panic attacks, or is physically unable to run to safety if threatened. Women deserve to be safe from harassment, and these women on TV are not addressing the issue seriously.  

• Love 11

Taylor Swift gets a lot of crap for using her relationships as fodder for her songs, but male artists do it all the time and don't get called out to nearly the same degree.  Two examples that come to mind are Justin Timberlake writing Cry me a River about his breakup with Britney (and using her doppelganger in the video), and John Mayer writing about many of his relationships.

Add to that Neil Diamond and probably his biggest hit, Sweet Caroline.  Recently I heard him say he wrote it about his [first] wife but had to change the name because Caroline was more lyrical.  Hee.  Oh, and my make-believe boyfriend Jon Bon Jovi whose early stuff was often about his relationship with his wife (then kids, etc. etc.)  The first rule for any writer: write what you know.  Taylor Swift not only writes what she knows but knows how to write stuff that sells. 

Granted, I'm no TS expert, but I hear her being criticized because:

1) She was a talented country singer/songwriter and musician who has gone completely pop, and her pop songs lack the depth and musical creativity of her country songs

Isn't that the very definition of pop songs?  The girl writes her own music, plays her own music, and I would guess will be around for the long haul.  As someone who spends a lot of time around my 14 year old niece, I'll take Taylor Swift over Ariana Grande  any day. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

The other shocker from Rosie was her son's use of the BB gun. My dad had a BB gun when I was a teenager and we used to shoot BBs at cans in the backyard (I always felt sorry for the people who later bought the house. Whatever happened to those hundreds of BBs?) but times are different, and people are more sensitive to teens shooting guns, even if they are "just" BB guns. 

The older son was supposed to keep the gun away from the home but somehow he brought it inside, where the younger one found it. This is exactly how kids kill other kids! Unsecured guns! It could have been a shotgun, rifle or pistol. And Rosie minimized it. I thought she was so anti-gun that she would be shocked - but no, it just became a funny anecdote. 

And Whoopi? Don't make him pay for the whole window? Yes! Make him pay every penny. Let him wash cars or sell lemonade or walk dogs - whatever it takes, make him pay for the damage.

I'm not feeling any of these women these days. (Or maybe it's just me?) 

• Love 6

I don't have a problem with Taylor Swift.  She doesn't talk endlessly about her virginity like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson back in the day - both who turned out to be a bit hypocritical.  Taylor Swift keeps her parts covered, hasn't had a sex tape out, she's good to her fans, and seems to realize she's a role model for young girls.  She's harmless, in my opinion.

• Love 9

I wasn't happy with the way the show handled the catcalling video either.

I remember those days....in fact I worked in an office for a MAJOR company over 40 years ago and security met me at my car to escort me into the office because someone was stalking me and would until it was handled.

OTOH (and definitely not the woman in the video) some women think it is wonderful. Ugh. I can think of a former host that would be thrilled it happened to her.

It is sad because most women don't like it, imo. Let alone to their mothers, wives, sisters and daughters. Or is that a problem that some men think it is a-ok to do or proud when it happens to "their" gf, wife etc? Plus we seem to think as a society in the past 2 decades when a woman goes on and on about a man - even on this show. Not a simple "they are gorgeous" comment not in front of them, but with all the touching, swooning etc. Even in their 80's. As we saw on the couch in previous seasons.

• Love 6

Personally I'm tired of all the youtube clips of kids and pictures and videos of the hosts kids or grandkids or family members.  Granted, Nicole confusing the photo of her sister at the world series game was funny, but other than that, i'm just tired of it.  I think I hate the youtube clips b/c Whoopi has to narrate or dubbed w/her damn accents.  I don't mind them telling stories about family members, of course that beats Elisabeth creating stories about things kids did that were just obviously weren't true.  Just a rant I suppose.  

• Love 6

Three what the fuck moments in two days.  

1.  The co-hosts speak often of horrible abuses in their lives.  Then they hang all over Mike Tyson as if he just invented a cure for influenza. 

2.  As far as I know, EH has not been mentioned on this show at all since the new season began.  Yet the one daythe one day Barry Manilow is finally going to appear on the show, they give a belated shout out to EH. 

3.  Taylor Swift appears on the show for an interview regarding her new album, which is proving to be highly successful.  (btw:  why is it, that she is promoting a brand new album and with a ravenous fan base of hers right there, she wasn't scheduled to perform? - that's just what the hell, and not necessarily a wtf moment for the purposes of my post, but one has to wonder why).  So, Taylor Swift was there, and so was an audience filled with her biggest fans.  Her main target audience is not those over 21, and it didn't look like many in the audience were over 21.  So, we give you Bethany Frankel, everyone, here to promote cocktails, and cocktails have cute and funny names, are pretty colors, and they are accessories, implied to say something about you!  And GUESS WHAT??  Everyone in the audience is getting a copy!!  (I noticed, and appreciated, Rosie's boredom and disengagement with this interview.)

Wanting so much to like the show, I never commented on a big wtf moment, which occurred on the first show of the new season.  Whoopi and Rosie had (I believe) attended the funeral of Joan Rivers.  And anyone in the whole world not living under a rock at the time knew exactly what Joan Rivers was about in life, and what she had asked for in death.  I like Kristin Chenoweth, but let's face it.  That song was horribly sappy, the background montage was cheesy at best, and it was something we all know Joan Rivers would have hated, absolutely. 

What's next??

Hot topic discussion where the hosts admire European women not shaving, then we are treated to an in-show infomercial about the latest hair removal gadget?  

Hot topic discussion about a recent study on how people with heights more than 6 feet get the best jobs and have the best chances for success at every chosen profession, and how you don't stand a chance at being successful at anything if you're short?  Next up, the Kentucky Derby jockey winners.

Our expert, Dr. Suchandsuch, is here to tell us all about sucrose intolerance.  It's a serious affliction not too many know about, and all the invited members of our audience today suffer from it.  Later in the show:  Dylan Lauren is here to tell us all about candy making!!  And what sells the most, and wink-wink, a major giveaway for the audience!!

• Love 11

Some man commented on the video, "What should a man say if he finds a woman attractive?" and others answered, "Nothing. She was just trying to get from Point A to Point B without being called out by rude creeps."

A couple weeks ago on The Daily Show, Jessica Williams did an awesome piece on this subject. I'll post a clip below. Sadly, the Fox idiots at the beginning of the clip make some of the same missing-the-point comments that the View hosts made. I expect more from all of them, but Rosie especially.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFrpF-WvIOY

• Love 2

The other shocker from Rosie was her son's use of the BB gun. My dad had a BB gun when I was a teenager and we used to shoot BBs at cans in the backyard (I always felt sorry for the people who later bought the house. Whatever happened to those hundreds of BBs?) but times are different, and people are more sensitive to teens shooting guns, even if they are "just" BB guns. 

I was shocked that her 14 year old son didnt realize that the BB could shoot out a window. Did her oldest son own the gun while he was living at her house? (or was it something he had always kept at Rosie's ex's house?). Where did the oldest one shoot it that the 14 year old had never shot it and didn't know how powerful it was (but yet he knew how to load it). And the fact that he intentionally shot at somebody's truck is ridiculous.

• Love 2

I was shocked that her 14 year old son didnt realize that the BB could shoot out a window. Did her oldest son own the gun while he was living at her house? (or was it something he had always kept at Rosie's ex's house?). Where did the oldest one shoot it that the 14 year old had never shot it and didn't know how powerful it was (but yet he knew how to load it). And the fact that he intentionally shot at somebody's truck is ridiculous.

Exactly!  Why the heck does her 19 year old even need a BB gun? and to have it in the house??? That is insane.

I think there is a lot more to this story.

• Love 1

Exactly!  Why the heck does her 19 year old even need a BB gun? and to have it in the house??? That is insane.

I think there is a lot more to this story.

Where I'm from it's quite common for teenage guys to have BB/pellet guns. My brother had one but it was only used to shoot at balloons when we went to our cabin for some fun. We never shot it at home (I actually thought it was illegal to shoot those things in a residential area). And we ALL knew not to shoot at houses/cars/people/animals - that just seems like common sense. To me, it seems like Rosie screwed up somewhere when it came to raising her son (unless he has some development or mental issues) for him not to understand at 14 years of age that those things can harm people/things.

• Love 1

Well to be fair to Rosie O, I believe Parker attended military school and I could see him asking his mother for a gun, and this was her way to concede to his request w/o allowing him to have an actual gun.  Yes, I know a bb gun is still a gun, and can still do some damage to property, people, and even animals.  Let's face it, many children promise their parents one thing, then turn around and do what they want, as in this case, telling a parent he won't bring the gun into the house, and did so anyways.  I can also understand he probably hid the bb gun in his room, then his younger sibling went snooping in his big brothers room, found the gun, and mischief/damage to public property ensued.  I received a bb gun when I was probably 13/14 years old, it was a Red Ryder bb gun.  In some parts of the country it can be a right of passage, of course in my case it didn't butch me up like my dad had hoped and still came out to him.  As with most bb guns it was probably still loaded from the last time Parker shot it, and it's very possible Parker allowed the younger brother to shoot it previously under his supervision w/o his mother's knowledge.

It's strange, that later on a few hours after this episode I realized that Taylor Swift actually didn't perform on the show.  It sure seemed that she had w/all the times they played that single over and over throughout the show, but I wonder why Swift didn't actually perform.

I hope Rosie O ripped into the producers after the show for having that real housewives of whatever woman on talking about making mixed drinks and nonsense in a room fool of younger kids.  That interview should have been on a Friday pre-recorded show.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 5
but I wonder why Swift didn't actually perform.

She's no Annie Lennox.

That interview should have been on a Friday pre-recorded show.

Not one producer thought this was a bad idea?  An audience of mainly teen age girls got a copy of Bethany Frankel's cocktails?

• Love 4

Whoopi: Y'all really have to pay attention to what we're really saying up here. Sometimes we say things we had no inclination to say.

Uh, okay.

And I'm really REALLY glad folks on Twitter called Rosie P on her catcall comments yesterday.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 6

Well, apparently all of us who have posted online about The View's response to the catcall video have the hosts pissed off, and deserve a lecture from Whoopi today.  

Maybe they need to watch the show themselves, so they can understand how they come across, instead of yelling at viewers.

• Love 7

They just tried to excuse the way they handled the cat calling video yesterday due to all the feedback they received from viewers and it was pitiful. Whoopi especially attempted to make it sound like they were the victims because they all got called out for downplaying what went on in that video. It made me wonder if ANY of them watched the whole thing or just that tiny clip.

• Love 3

What I recall from how The View handled the catcalling was that Rosie P said she didn't mind certain comments, Nicolle said she didn't get any, and then they joked about how maybe she was walking down the wrong streets.  And WHoopi chimed in that she sometimes tells people "they look good".   The whole discusion was not acknowledging the difference between a sincere compliment and sexual harassment.

My point is that, on a show about and for women, a topic like this should either be taken seriously, or they should skip it.   If they do not want to have a serious discussion of the issue, there's no law that they HAVE to bring up every "hot topic"  that is on the news.  A woman walking down the street deserves the respect of being allowed to go where she's going without feeling like she's on display for anyone to comment on her appearance or sex appeal.  If The hosts of The View don't think it's a serious topic that affects women, then talk about something else. Brigning it up and then glossing over the real issue is offensive to real women who have to walk on real streets, take subways, etc.   

AND - when you get feedback on how women didn't like the discussion -   don't yell about how the people commenting are wrong.   They're your audience, and they're giving you feedback.  If all you want to  hear is how wondefull you are, then look in the mirror and tell it to yourself. Feedback is supposed to make you better.  Don't give viewers the attitude that you don't want to listen when they disagree.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 21

Today's show really peeved me off and soured my mood after Hot Topics was over so much so that I didn't really pay attention to the rest of it. Maybe they should take things like the cat calling video more seriously if they don't want to get called out on it. In the time it took for them to whine, complain and "shake off" the reactions from viewers who weren't happy, they could have followed up with a more serious discussion of it all. Instead we got a lecture about how the people who took the time to share their views about it all overreacted.

Edited to Add: I'm basically saying what backformore said at the end of their post. I took to long to finish mine.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7