Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Prayers for you Anela and your family. I know how hard this time is, but know you gave that sweet kitty all the love and cuddles during its life and eased its passing just by being there. (((Hugs))) 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm glad you woke up in time to hold him as he died, but I'm sorry this happened, and that the days leading up to it played out as they did.  It is always horrible, but when we have resentment over what others did/didn't do and regrets we can't go back and do things differently, it's even more to deal with.  These early days in the grief process are brutal, and my heart goes out to you.  Nothing, and certainly not words, can make this any less terrible, but I still want to offer my heartfelt condolences.

(Perhaps ask your vet about hepatic lipidosis as a secondary condition -- something she 100% should have talked to you about before in a cat who was not eating, so I also understand if you're not real keen on a conversation with her right now.  I just know necropsy can be quite expensive depending on the testing that winds up being needed, so hope you might be able to get information without that.)

• Love 7

I'm so sorry for your loss Anela.  It hurts that we have them for such a short time.  All we can do is remember that we gave them love and the best life we could.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Well, one of my new cats has decided she prefers my bed to the litterbox!

Took her to the vet and did a blood panel and urine sample - everything came back normal except for some blood in the urine (microscopic, not enough that I can see looking at it even when she pees on my white sheets). She is a high-stress cat, and the thought is that the stress is causing bladder inflammation also. So, we will be adding yet another litterbox to my very tiny apartment, and starting her on fluoxetine. Wish us luck!

This is a photo of her inspecting the new waterproof blanket I got for my bed.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.00.41 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Hugs 15
31 minutes ago, secnarf said:

She is a high-stress cat, and the thought is that the stress is causing bladder inflammation also.

Ugh, the joys of idiopathic cystitis.  Sorry to hear that, and I hope the Prozac helps her.  I'm sure they told you it takes up to a few weeks to take full effect, so don't get discouraged if you don't notice any difference at first.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 3/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, secnarf said:

Well, one of my new cats has decided she prefers my bed to the litterbox!

Took her to the vet and did a blood panel and urine sample - everything came back normal except for some blood in the urine (microscopic, not enough that I can see looking at it even when she pees on my white sheets). She is a high-stress cat, and the thought is that the stress is causing bladder inflammation also. So, we will be adding yet another litterbox to my very tiny apartment, and starting her on fluoxetine. Wish us luck!

This is a photo of her inspecting the new waterproof blanket I got for my bed.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 10.00.41 PM.png

Sorry you're going through that. Ugh! 

---------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, a feline version is in the works.

image.png.34fd8c62fd7a2caa823f1359adda1d6b.png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Spotted this in another forum. Thought maybe someone here would have a tip.

Have they tried the usual ones? A Dawn dish soap, Oxyiclean75AB582C-FD1E-45CD-A131-4E3B0988F346.jpeg.bd05192fd5af9e1b01b55b065752e069.jpeg, lemon juice and putting it in the sun (don’t try this on a colored fabric as it may bleach it), 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

My mom got a new shelter dog. A 3yr old Terrier mix named Daisy Mae. After Mylie died, she had been really wanting a new companion.

image.png.544c3c372e30e2002248394734485e78.png

Daisy Mae looks like a happy little girl and should be a wonderful companion for your Mom. I applaud her adopting and not shopping. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
On 3/10/2023 at 4:53 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

My mom got a new shelter dog. A 3yr old Terrier mix named Daisy Mae. After Mylie died, she had been really wanting a new companion.

image.png.544c3c372e30e2002248394734485e78.png

I love that blurry tail! So sweet. What a lovely companion she will make for your mom. Her ears are also so floppy, gives her a sweet face. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I woke up to about a half foot of snow in the backyard, and it's still coming down.  I let Norman out about 20 minutes ago. He's still frolicking around / exploring every square inch of the yard and showing no interest of coming back in.

Since he likes it so much, I should see if I can train him how to shovel the front walk.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 16
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My Onyx would have totally done this, if she had opposable thumbs. Nothing was off the table when she was hungry. Thos little baseboard doorstop spring thingys??  >boing<>boing<>boing< image.png.4a0c2364ee976d5ad7bd8ce3aa3f716f.png

Elizabeth is a toast junkie. You have to guard your toast or she will try to drag it off the her lair.

• LOL 11
12 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Daisy has really made herself at home. She's had a go at laying on all the furniture and rugs, has a routine of going for walks with my brother and hangs out with my step dad. After all of that, she conks out next to my mom in bed. She's living the good life.

dmp.jpeg

She looks so happy!! I am so glad she is settling in well. Always love to see a shelter animal find a good home.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

My beloved Spookyjuice passed away tonight!

We grew up together during my unemployment, finding a job and moving back to care for my mom...14 years of crazyness, goofy cat songs and kitty kisses.

He has been sick and it was only a matter of time, I was told.  But not while I was at work!  I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye.  Now I have to wrap him up to take him to the vet for cremation.

Fuck me, but I'm going to miss my baby boy!!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Hugs 14
  • Sad 10
54 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

We grew up together during my unemployment, finding a job and moving back to care for my mom...14 years of crazyness, goofy cat songs and kitty kisses.

He has been sick and it was only a matter of time, I was told.  But not while I was at work!  I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye.  Now I have to wrap him up to take him to the vet for cremation.

@Yogisbooboo64 I am so sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs to you.

• Like 7

@Yogisbooboo64, I'm sorry to hear about the death of Spookyjuice; I'm glad he was at home, but I know you hate you weren't there with him.  And I also know just what you mean about a cat being your constant through a long period of several significant life changes.  You'll be on my mind tonight, and my cat Riley will get some extra cuddles in memory of your baby boy.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Just wrapped up his body and placed it into a box to take to the vet tomorrow...I put the box on one of his favorite places to sleep, my red ottoman.

Crying has slowed down a bit, I'm sure it'll crank up in the morning.

Thanks for your kind words.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Hugs 15
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved baby.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Rough day today.  Caregiver of my mother didn't show up so had to wait half a day for the replacement.  Snapped at her when she finally showed up as she was late. 

Cried all the way to the vet, caressing Spooky's cold paws...glad I wore a mask so the Uber driver couldn't see the ugly snotting cries.

Couldn't go into the office so staff came to the car and took his body.  His remains should be ready for pickup in a few weeks.  Cried all the way back home.

• Hugs 18
  • Sad 1