Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

The woman believed to be the one who purchased that plot had already buried her first husband and only child nine months apart, her second husband, and all her siblings.  She died five years after Dewey.

That's the oldest pet cemetery in America; it dates back to the early 1900s, and is preserved today by an animal rescue and adoption organization (outside of Boston).  It was, of course, mostly used for dogs, making Dewey's headstone all the more touching.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

So, lately I’ve been tying up the garbage bag at night because the cats have been knocking it over and trying to get inside, and I don’t want them or Cosmo to eat something toxic. Well I just took out the trash, and was throwing away bits and bobs (2022 calendars, an old lunch box) and when I came out of the shower look what I found!

F95B8DDA-F599-431B-986E-FD25F966CBD2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

I know who I'm immediately sending that to -- a friend of mine does the dreaded photo card each year, and it's always one picture per each cat (four), one picture of her and her husband, and one picture from someplace she visited that year.  There are hundreds of cat pictures to choose from, maybe dozens of travel photos depending on how many times she got out of town, and then she has to pick the best of two photos with the husband.

• Like 4

Rock on with your clingy self, Sylvia.  Some have been clingier than others, but I've never had a cat who didn't want to spend a significant percentage of their time attached to me like a barnacle.  All those 2020 memes about dogs deliriously happy their people were home 24/7 while cats were pissed their routine was being disrupted?  Not my life, at all.  Same with my parents' cats, and those of my friends.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Yeah, our cats are very clingy, too :D. Especially Lily. She follows my mom around like she's her shadow, and the very moment my mom sits down somewhere, even if she's only sitting for a brief moment, Lily takes that as an invitation to jump up in her lap and settle in :D. She often looks very sad and makes little meows in the morning when she sees us getting ready to go somewhere. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, our cats are very clingy, too :D. Especially Lily. She follows my mom around like she's her shadow, and the very moment my mom sits down somewhere, even if she's only sitting for a brief moment, Lily takes that as an invitation to jump up in her lap and settle in :D. She often looks very sad and makes little meows in the morning when she sees us getting ready to go somewhere. 

Hi! I wish I knew how to put photos from my phone on here. I have a pic of Elizabeth watching my DH go off to work. She has the most tragic expession on her face and it looks like her ears are going to fall off.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

LOL, awwwww (but also, pretty kitty!). I mean, yeah, it'd be pretty hard to say no to that face.

(Now I'm imagining someone making that call to their workplace: "Yeah, I can't come in today, my cat is giving me sad eyes. No, seriously, here's a picture." XD.)

Lily also tends to get into this little basket she likes to sit in when we're about to leave in the morning. We've started to call that her pouty basket, because she always has a pouty look on her face once she gets in there :p. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

LOL, awwwww (but also, pretty kitty!). I mean, yeah, it'd be pretty hard to say no to that face.

(Now I'm imagining someone making that call to their workplace: "Yeah, I can't come in today, my cat is giving me sad eyes. No, seriously, here's a picture." XD.)

Lily also tends to get into this little basket she likes to sit in when we're about to leave in the morning. We've started to call that her pouty basket, because she always has a pouty look on her face once she gets in there :p. 

Elizabeth tries to block the front door so my hubby can't get out and then when he picks her up and puts her on the sofa she jumps into her box  and goes deaf with her back to him. Harumph, she says, do not speak to me. Traitor!

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

To be clear, the kitty photo I posted was not the one @peacheslatour was talking about. I was just testing out the process of posting photos from a phone.  This kitty was the subject of my test of the recent iPhone feature that lets you long-press on a photo subject and crop them into their own photo. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

84EC01DD-A161-44E9-BB51-CACB1E5F2C6E.thumb.jpeg.312433f3cc768e6fb392d538f7d9e23e.jpeg

BB really got into the Hurricane’s game tonight. 

All of our cats through the years have enjoyed hockey, but one we have now is strangely fixated on Little House on the Prairie.  She'll watch it for hours.  (The YouTube mouse and bird videos are way too intense for her; she goes absolutely nutty.) 

• LOL 8

Chewy is offering 30% off "your first" canned cat food order right now, but it doesn't have to actually be your first, just your first in a while; I've ordered from them occasionally when my local pet supply store hasn't been able to get Riley's food from the distributor in a timely fashion, and the code worked for me.  I don't know how long it will need to have been in order for you to be eligible (I hadn't ordered it since 2021), but just want to give the heads up to any Chewy shoppers that "wetcat30" might work even for existing customers, depending on the circumstances.

Riley's food is up to almost $70 per case (and that doesn't even last a month <sigh>), so even though my store does have it, I thought on a whim I'd check Chewy to see if they were offering any super-duper deals this month.  Indeed, thirty percent was a nice chunk of change.  And this is the food she was eating before issues at Wellness forced me to switch to the minced, instead of her preferred morsels, version - and then came the canned cat food shortage, which meant I had to stockpile the minced version - so it's extra exciting.  Of course, watch now that it's been so long she'll declare she doesn't eat morsels, only minced.

At least if that happens, Chewy will send me minced and tell me to just donate the morsels somewhere rather than having to ship it back. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

I have my cat food on auto ship once a month from Chewy. I'm feeding 14 feral cats so no deluxe food for them. I get 60# of kibble and 2 cases of 32 cans each of wet. $97 a month and that doesn't always last a month so I have to buy a little kibble to get by until the next order comes. They are eating so much this Winter, snow is covering the ground so not as much to catch on their own. They are all great mousers and once the snow is gone they really augment their diet!

• Applause 3

Riley is not a cat I can do "If you get hungry enough, you'll eat it" with, because she will simply never get hungry enough to eat something she doesn't like. 

The poor thing got syringe feedings and IV treatments in the shelter because sometimes they couldn't get her to eat anything, even baby food. Even after all this time perfectly safe and one of the happiest cats I have ever seen, she barely gets hungry enough to eat a proper day's calories worth of the food she likes.  She is just not food motivated, at all.  And when she doesn't eat/barely eats, she gets sick in a short period of time.  I can't risk hepatic lipidosis, so here we are. 

This is cheaper than the raw food I fed her for years - once when she got sick her kidney values spiked, and they never came all the way back down to normal, so I switched her to canned in order to still get good protein but less phosphorus - and far from the most-expensive canned food out there, so I'm not complaining, especially now that it's readily available again.  I'm just really happy when I find a 30% off deal!

Edited by Bastet
  • Hugs 3
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Riley is not a cat I can do "If you get hungry enough, you'll eat it" with, because she will simply never get hungry enough to eat something she doesn't like. 

The poor thing got syringe feedings and IV treatments in the shelter because sometimes they couldn't get her to eat anything, even baby food. Even after all this time perfectly safe and one of the happiest cats I have ever seen, she barely gets hungry enough to eat a proper day's calories worth of the food she likes.  She is just not food motivated, at all.  And when she doesn't eat/barely eats, she gets sick in a short period of time.  I can't risk hepatic lipidosis, so here we are. 

This is cheaper than the raw food I fed her for years - once when she got sick her kidney values spiked, and they never came all the way back down to normal, so I switched her to canned in order to still get good protein but less phosphorus - and far from the most-expensive canned food out there, so I'm not complaining, especially now that it's readily available again.  I'm just really happy when I find a 30% off deal!

We're to the point with Nathan that we save about a quarter of our Costco roasted chicken for him. It's about all he'll eat nowadays.

• Hugs 2
13 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Once again, the girls' food (Ziwi Peak, SO expensive) is out of stock at both Chewy and Only Natural Pet. I have about five weeks' worth in the cabinet. I go through this once at least once a year.😩

It was quite stressful when Riley's food was so difficult to find last year and I had to drive all over the greater Los Angeles area stockpiling it.  When your cats can only eat certain food, having to routinely worry whether any will become available before you run out -- I'm sorry to read you're dealing with that.  (And, yeah, Riley's food is cheap compared to theirs; ouch!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

OMG! That's where they learned it. I swear one of these days I'm going to trip and that will be all she wrote.

Our cat Lily likes to sit by the door to greet us when we come home. Which is great, it's very sweet...

...except when we're coming home from the grocery store or something and have a bunch of stuff in our hands. She'll just sit there and block our path through the hallway and we have to practically nudge her to move so we can get through. 'Cause otherwise, yeah, like you said, one of these days we're gonna trip over her and that's just gonna be a bad time for everyone involved ;p. 

• Like 6