Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Congrats on Cosmo's great report! He looks wonderful.

When we still had dogs, I cooked for them according to something called the Pitcairn diet. It involved making large batches of food and then freezing portions. I would always put zucchini in, and our boy Blade would stand next to me the whole time I was assembling the meals and mooch as much raw zucchini as he could get. That might be a good thing for Cosmo if he likes it. We're getting to the time of year when zucchini is super plentiful and very inexpensive--and it's as low-cal as you can get.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So cute! I love black kitties but haven't had one in a long time. The 3 we did have over the years all came to tragic endings and now I stick to orangie boys and my girl Princess Maisie Fuzzybottom (aka known as Maisie). I wish I could gets oics of them but don't know how to uplead the. (Yes, I am old)

• Love 12
On 5/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, meep.meep said:

What a handsome fellow!  You must get to vacuum a lot.

My black labs used to like the ends of asparagus stalks as treats.  That's low calorie also.

Did the asparagus make their pee smell?  😄

• Useful 1

I claimed today as a “me day”- no one was allowed to ask me to do ANYTHING. 

I “channeled my inner cat” and spent a portion of the day snoozing (I let Cavendish and Lady Reese climb in bed), and then my afternoon with the cats on my lap. 

FE732BAB-AD65-4A61-A8B0-090D583AE92E.jpeg

678801F4-C702-4F59-8D90-DE1659FE1C03.jpeg

75CD7D30-4693-46B2-891A-6BDE03AD8129.jpeg

• Love 23

Aaaagggghhhhh!!! The girls' food (Ziwi Peak Venison canned cat food) is in extremely short supply. I just tried to place my regular order on Only Natural Pet, but they're completely sold out. I was able to get one flat/case from Chewy that should arrive in regular shipping time and four from Amazon that won't be here until two weeks from now! I have three unopened flats (12 6.5-oz. cans) and six cans in the cabinet. They go through a flat a week. I guess we're going to have to cut back a bit and hope they don't notice.

I am always able to use coupons at Only Natural Pet, but no coupons today! Ziwi Peak is expensive.😩

• Hugs 3
  • Sad 6

I feel your pain.

Riley's primary food is still not available anywhere (and Wellness still has no estimate when it will be) but her second - and only other - choice is starting to sporadically appear again.  Because she'll only eat two things, I ran all over the greater Los Angeles area to stockpile about a six-month supply of that second food when the canned pet food shortage hit us hard (which was a lot of money to spend at once, between the food and the crazy expensive gas), so hopefully things will be a lot better by the time that runs out, but I'd really like that primary food to get back on shelves; it has a better phosphorus content for her.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I feel your pain.

Riley's primary food is still not available anywhere (and Wellness still has no estimate when it will be) but her second - and only other - choice is starting to sporadically appear again.  Because she'll only eat two things, I ran all over the greater Los Angeles area to stockpile about a six-month supply of that second food when the canned pet food shortage hit us hard (which was a lot of money to spend at once, between the food and the crazy expensive gas), so hopefully things will be a lot better by the time that runs out, but I'd really like that primary food to get back on shelves; it has a better phosphorus content for her.

I recall seeing that somewhere. What flavor does she like? If I can find it again I’ll PM you. 

• Love 2

Went to the larger store in town today because they make sushi fresh each weekday and I wanted some for dinner tonight. The cat food shelves were basically empty got a case of Fancy Feast and a bag of kibble. Fortunately the ferals aren't fussy eaters. Cat food was readily available at the smaller local store...odd. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Went to the larger store in town today because they make sushi fresh each weekday and I wanted some for dinner tonight. The cat food shelves were basically empty got a case of Fancy Feast and a bag of kibble. Fortunately the ferals aren't fussy eaters. Cat food was readily available at the smaller local store...odd. 

There has been little sense to any of it.  Can't find what I'm after at 'big box' chain pet stores, only to find them at Walmart.  Our local grocery store has z.e.r.o. canned cat food.  Funny that so many brands are able to somehow have some level of inventory in place, but Purina, the largest friggin mfr, just can't seem to get it figured out, 2-1/4 years later.  I smell a rat.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

@JTMacc99what is Ivy's middle name??

She remains unnamed by anyone but my daughter, who maintains that she has exclusive naming rights. 

Luna, whom she also named with no vote, sometimes goes by Tuna. When speaking to her, she’s TUNA, but when speaking about her, she is Luna. 

I’ve been calling the kitten TinyTuna, Tuna Jr, and sometimes Tuju. None of those will stick, but they make me happy. 

• Love 8
On 6/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, bilgistic said:

Aaaagggghhhhh!!! The girls' food (Ziwi Peak Venison canned cat food) is in extremely short supply. I just tried to place my regular order on Only Natural Pet, but they're completely sold out. I was able to get one flat/case from Chewy that should arrive in regular shipping time and four from Amazon that won't be here until two weeks from now! I have three unopened flats (12 6.5-oz. cans) and six cans in the cabinet. They go through a flat a week. I guess we're going to have to cut back a bit and hope they don't notice.

I am always able to use coupons at Only Natural Pet, but no coupons today! Ziwi Peak is expensive.😩

I order quite a bit of pantry food from Hive.com they have Ziwi food listed...it is more expensive than I would buy for my ferals but if it all your sweet kitty will eat, give it a try. They deliver in about 5 days via FedEx.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I order quite a bit of pantry food from Hive.com they have Ziwi food listed...it is more expensive than I would buy for my ferals but if it all your sweet kitty will eat, give it a try. They deliver in about 5 days via FedEx.

The venison flavor is sold out there, too, but thank you so much for letting me know about that site! I signed up to be let known when they're restocked.

I was able to desperately snag six more cases on Amazon; they'll arrive in two weeks. I feel slightly better for now, but I'm still scared for the longer term.

I also messaged Ziwi on Instagram and asked what they were doing to try to remedy the shortage. They haven't addressed it on their account at all, which seems odd to me, but I guess 28-ish months into the pandemic, pretending everything is fine really is the status quo.🐶🔥

• Sad 3
(edited)

Sorry they didn't have the food. I really hoped to help you get the food you need. It is really a mystery to me why cat food is now the new "TP shortage". What I don't understand is why one store has supply and a larger one doesn't.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2

Cats are always judging you. In the shower, well you could lose a few pounds. In the closet, are you wearing that again? Can I have some privacy as you wave your paw under the door.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, nokat said:

n the shower, well you could lose a few pounds. In the closet, are you wearing that again?

Don't be silly.  Cats like extra fat on you. It's comfy for kneading and sleeping on.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

This is the face of an almost-16-year-old cat who had just discovered pepperoni pizza for the first time in her life, and would eat nothing else for the rest of her life if I let her.  (The office ordered pizza for lunch and there were leftovers.  I don't order pizza at home more than about once a year, and I would rather spend money on toppings other than pepperoni.) 

pizza cat.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Only Natural Pet emailed me earlier today to tell me the girls' food was back in stock! I've never bought anything quicker. I cancelled one Amazon order, but am holding out until I get a shipping confirmation from ONP before I cancel the other.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Hello everyone - I have a new kitten in my life:

IMG_0094.jpeg.209b7720e84c8cffe317bb4f55857b00.jpeg

She is 8 weeks old and looks remarkably like my former cat of 20.5 years, except no orange diamond on her forehead. She is very playful - any hockey team could use her skills on handling pucks, err crinkle balls.

The problem is, she has no name. I call her Little One, or TK (Tortie Kitty). But neither of those are permanent names.

SO, I am hoping the creative minds here (and/or their daughter - looking at you @JTMacc99) can make some suggestions                 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
16 minutes ago, luv2lurk said:

She is 8 weeks old and looks remarkably like my former cat of 20.5 years, except no orange diamond on her forehead. She is very playful - any hockey team could use her skills on handling pucks, err crinkle balls.

The problem is, she has no name. I call her Little One, or TK (Tortie Kitty). But neither of those are permanent names.

SO, I am hoping the creative minds here (and/or their daughter - looking at you @JTMacc99) can make some suggestions                 

Awww… She looks a lot like my long-ago kitty Olive Oyl so feel free to put that into contention. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
Edited to add the awww… because she deserves it
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, luv2lurk said:

Well, she couldn't be more adorable, could she?

We have a beloved Tortie, too. Ours is named for a kind of cheese--long story.

Your baby sort of looks like she's wearing a scarf, so I thought maybe Isadora, Izzy for short.

She's going to be all kinds of fun!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’ve always been partial to Trixie for a kitten, sweet and a bit mischievous.

Trixie is on my list of cat names (because Trixie Belden books were my jam).  I have a mental repository of names I like for cats, whether because I just dig the name or they refer to someone I like; I prefer human names, but don't like all human names as cat names - e.g. two of my favorite TV characters were named Laura (Laura Holt and Laura Roslin), but it doesn't speak to me as a cat name and I doubt I'll ever use it.  Each new cat that comes into my life, I see which one from the mental list seems to best fit.

For example, I love the name Piper (which, thanks to The X-Files, will mean Maru as the middle name).  I had it in mind when I adopted Riley (who had a different name that I didn't like, but she didn't seem to have had a good life the six years before she wound up in the shelter, and had been terrified in the shelter for five months, so I figured she'd be cool with a complete change), but Riley was just SO her, due to the "life of Riley" she'd be living after such a tough time, so that was my pick.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Well, she couldn't be more adorable, could she?

We have a beloved Tortie, too. Ours is named for a kind of cheese--long story.

Your baby sort of looks like she's wearing a scarf, so I thought maybe Isadora, Izzy for short.

She's going to be all kinds of fun!

I named my late calico Isadora.0402142231a.thumb.jpg.c775800385c3f7ee504e1b2b5351774c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, luv2lurk said:

I'm thinking Margret, Daisy for short.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Update on Scully and the question if she has asthma or just an infection. It seems the antibiotics didn't do much. She still coughs once a day on average although the hiccupping has subsided. She is fine otherwise but I'm also wondering if there is something I can do to decrease her coughing assuming she has an allergy to something.

I don't use house hold cleaners, scents, or any oils, I don't smoke, very few perfumes other than what's in some of my toiletries. Her litter is pine, so no to very little dust there. No mold that I can tell and the main dust comes from cat hair in the apartment. 

Any other things you can think of that might cause her reaction? I feed her raw with a premix and store-bought raw food. For treats, temptations and freeze-dried treats of different kinds. 

PXL_20220519_134204361.MP.jpg

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, supposebly said:

Update on Scully and the question if she has asthma or just an infection. It seems the antibiotics didn't do much. She still coughs once a day on average although the hiccupping has subsided. She is fine otherwise but I'm also wondering if there is something I can do to decrease her coughing assuming she has an allergy to something.

I don't use house hold cleaners, scents, or any oils, I don't smoke, very few perfumes other than what's in some of my toiletries. Her litter is pine, so no to very little dust there. No mold that I can tell and the main dust comes from cat hair in the apartment. 

Any other things you can think of that might cause her reaction? I feed her raw with a premix and store-bought raw food. For treats, temptations and freeze-dried treats of different kinds. 

PXL_20220519_134204361.MP.jpg

Pollen?

• Useful 3