Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Woke up to find the first kitten my DH & I adopted, asleep in a puffs tissue box, which was tucked into a cubby in our bookcase headboard.  It was a sweet, aww moment that I will remember until the end of my days~

Edit - This was the 80's.  We no longer have a full wave waterbed with a bookcase headboard, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Woke up to find the first kitten my DH & I adopted, asleep in a puffs tissue box, which was tucked into a cubby in our bookcase headboard.  It was a sweet, aww moment that I will remember until the end of my days~

That is so precious!

Looking majestic in the sunbeam!

CF47643C-DF32-45B7-8A59-68D56E538F86.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 15
On 7/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, Scarlett45 said:

More Kitty round up. Nordstrom sent me a perfect “cat trap”.

F01168F5-16E2-466A-B122-1B488487030A.jpegE180CE58-7789-4EE5-A46F-3E55A6CC4C38.jpeg

I'd love to know which Nordstrom department has kitties so I can go and visit them after I've decided (again) that I can't afford to shop there.

• Hugs 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Leeds said:

I'd love to know which Nordstrom department has kitties so I can go and visit them after I've decided (again) that I can't afford to shop there.

Have you tried Nordstrom Rack? When we had one around here, I used to get really good deals there. I'm short and wear a size 5 so I'm not an average size. If you are tall, short or just don't fit their idea of "average" they put things on deep discount.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2022 at 7:09 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Lady Reese is so pretty!

7B28FC71-687D-499E-8C68-29EDC483D020.jpeg

You should send the photo to Nordstrom with the "please reuse or recycle" text highlighted!  Maybe they'll send you a coupon/voucher.

Edited by Leeds
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Leeds said:

You should send the photo to Nordstrom with the "please reuse or recycle" text highlighted!  Maybe they'll send you a coupon/voucher.

That’s an excellent idea! I will do that right now. I’ll report back if I get a response. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Well, the time has come.  We have stopped stalling, and have an appointment to have our dear Onyx put down.  She has been an amazing friend and family member, and we're not certain how to go forward without her, though of course we will, as we have too many times before.  We were unable to have it done here at home, as the nearest accommodating vet is nearly an hour away, and our budget won't allow the $650 price tag.  I'm having real trouble knowing that we have to put her in the car and listen to her cry all the way there.  Tomorrow is the day we've been preparing for and dreading for a year, which is of course futile.  We're never prepared are we?  I'm gutted.

1110161643 (2).jpg

• Hugs 7
  • Sad 18
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well, the time has come.  We have stopped stalling, and have an appointment to have our dear Onyx put down.  She has been an amazing friend and family member, and we're not certain how to go forward without her, though of course we will, as we have too many times before.  We were unable to have it done here at home, as the nearest accommodating vet is nearly an hour away, and our budget won't allow the $650 price tag.  I'm having real trouble knowing that we have to put her in the car and listen to her cry all the way there.  Tomorrow is the day we've been preparing for and dreading for a year, which is of course futile.  We're never prepared are we?  I'm gutted.

1110161643 (2).jpg

I’m so sorry. You’ve given her a beautiful life and she was lucky to have you. Be gentle with yourself. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

1110161643 (2).jpg

I'm so sorry, @SuprSuprElevated. This is a hard day. Dear Onyx, you will be missed.

It stops my heart a bit to look at her picture since she looks like one of mine a bit.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

1110161643 (2).jpg

I'm so sorry, superelevated. My husband and I were with our darling Peaches when her time came. Bless you for your kindness. She will know her loved one is with her and she will not be afraid.

• Love 11

I'm so sorry to hear Onyx's time has come.  And that it can't be done at home; I had that all planned for Maddie, and then circumstances meant it happened at the hospital.  I wish it had been different, but I was with her, and it was painless and peaceful -- our 15 years together mattered far more than where our final moments were spent.  I hope you'll make a similar peace with what you had to do.

My thoughts are with you today.  As you said, no matter how many times you've gone through it, there's never going to be a way to protect yourself from the devastating pain. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

I'm so sorry to hear Onyx's time has come.  And that it can't be done at home; I had that all planned for Maddie, and then circumstances meant it happened at the hospital.  I wish it had been different, but I was with her, and it was painless and peaceful -- our 15 years together mattered far more than where our final moments were spent.  I hope you'll make a similar peace with what you had to do.

My thoughts are with you today.  As you said, no matter how many times you've gone through it, there's never going to be a way to protect yourself from the devastating pain. 

I don't think we could do it at home with Elizabeth (god forbid) she is so frightened of anyone who isn't my husband or I. When she goes to the vet she just kind of resigns herself and she's mellow but if any stranger comes in our house she hides.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't think we could do it at home with Elizabeth (god forbid) she is so frightened of anyone who isn't my husband or I. When she goes to the vet she just kind of resigns herself and she's mellow but if any stranger comes in our house she hides.

Yeah, when Riley's time comes, it's going to be a dilemma.  She's not afraid of people anymore (she was for much of the first year I had her, but ever since she's just been annoyed), but I'm the only person she likes, and she does not let anyone else touch her.  She's utterly terrified in the car and at the vet, so she'd be less upset by a stranger coming into her house, but she will still be upset and I hate that.  I'll have to dope her up before the vet comes, to lessen that.  I just hope it's a long time from now!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Yeah, when Riley's time comes, it's going to be a dilemma.  She's not afraid of people anymore (she was for much of the first year I had her, but ever since she's just been annoyed), but I'm the only person she likes, and she does not let anyone else touch her.  She's utterly terrified in the car and at the vet, so she'd be less upset by a stranger coming into her house, but she will still be upset and I hate that.  I'll have to dope her up before the vet comes, to lessen that.  I just hope it's a long time from now!

That is really rough. My husband went to another state to pick up Elizabeth so she has spent a lot of time in the car. She isn't afraid of cars, thank Bast.

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Cavendish basking in the sun beam, and Cosmo sleeping under the desk because he was afraid of the storm. 

I’ve recently realized I also have one of those storm-predicting cats. A good couple hours before I can hear any thunder, he’s scootched under the desk. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thank you for the kind words.  I'm still in tears.

So sorry for your loss.

I've been there. I had to take my Baby Boo to the vet as he too was afraid of any stranger that came to the house. I had him 12.5 years he went to the Rainbow Bridge 12/19/2018 and my heart still hurts when I think of him.

It takes time, let yourself heal as you can. (((Hugs)))

• Hugs 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Why can't cats be immortal, or at least live as long as humans?

Lifespan is the bane of pet ownership, but on the other hand if they lived for 70+ years, we'd share our lives with so few of them.  There are always mixed emotions, but it speaks to how incredible the bond with pet is that we sign up again and again, knowing it's going to at some point end in another heartbreak -- the unconditional love, the joy, the entertainment, the companionship, the comfort in giving a great home to a dependent critter in need, they make it worthwhile.  But damn it hurts.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thank you for the kind words.  I'm still in tears.

I’m sorry about the loss of your dear kitty Onyx. They mean so much more to us than non-pet owners know. My condolences and purrs from the Mindthinkr cats 😿🌈💔

• Like 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Lifespan is the bane of pet ownership, but on the other hand if they lived for 70+ years, we'd share our lives with so few of them.  There are always mixed emotions, but it speaks to how incredible the bond with pet is that we sign up again and again, knowing it's going to at some point end in another heartbreak -- the unconditional love, the joy, the entertainment, the companionship, the comfort in giving a great home to a dependent critter in need, they make it worthwhile.  But damn it hurts.

I've heard it said that when you give a puppy or a kitten to someone, you're handing them heartbreak. But I love them so much and there are so many that need homes and love, I'm willing to risk it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've heard it said that when you give a puppy or a kitten to someone, you're handing them heartbreak. But I love them so much and there are so many that need homes and love, I'm willing to risk it.

It is a heartbreak to lose them, but I can't imagine life without pets.  They are absolutely central to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My kits (especially Onyx) love love loved the bed making game.  She would chase the sheets and jump on them as they billowed in the air.  

~sigh~

Checking in on you. Do you have any other furry ones left at home?

• Love 3

She looks like a porcelain doll.

We had a Pearl, too. She was a misty gray color, and for the first few months of her life she was Earl (as in Earl Grey). Then we realized he was a she, so Pearl it was. Cats tend to be very flexible about these kinds of things.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

We had a Pearl, too. She was a misty gray color, and for the first few months of her life she was Earl (as in Earl Grey). Then we realized he was a she, so Pearl it was. Cats tend to be very flexible about these kinds of things.

We had a tabby called Marvin. Marvin had kittens so she became known as Groovy Marvy. My mom had hippie tendencies.

BB’s eye is looking much better. He is being good about getting his eye drops (as long as there is a treat reward involved). 

He looks beautiful!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Lol, yes they are.  When the girls were rescued (tiny kittens), the shelter had Onyx named as Pearl, and Pearl was named Darla.  We sort of scrambled things a bit, and kept the gem theme.  They are gems.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, supposebly said:

This is what I look at around 45 minutes before dinner time. Is it just me or do their expressions range from disapproving to mildy threatening?

PXL_20220603_002142814.jpg

Oh yeah, I'd say slightly threatening.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, supposebly said:

This is what I look at around 45 minutes before dinner time. Is it just me or do their expressions range from disapproving to mildy threatening?

PXL_20220603_002142814.jpg

I have to ask whether the cushion is there for the cats' benefit or yours.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2