Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: New Kid On The Deck

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Everybody is happy when the new deckhand, Logan Reese, finally arrives -- and once the stews size him up, the fight for his attention is on. Amy has to call for back up when she’s left alone on late-night service with a throng of hard-partying guests. Meanwhile, a startling accident at the dock makes Captain Lee wary of his own crew. The crew celebrates Kelley’s birthday with a wild night out and romance is in the air once they all return to the boat.

Looks like Kat and Logan (new deckhand) get to share a room. I bet that ends well.

I can't wait to know who put the boat in gear and caused the crash. Captain was furious about that shit. And rightly so.

Also seems like Amy wanted to clear the air and Kat shut that down right quick. She even said in her TH she didn't give a fuck. Well, then.

I love catching those First Look segments. They make me happy!

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

Omg drama. I actually don't think Kat should be mad at Amy since Amy wasn't the one to blow the whistle on Kat blowing her love interest while she was ill. Adrienne did and Kat put it on blast to ship by going into a crazyass and egotistical rant to her current attached crush Ben which of course advertised her amazing penis sucking skills (in her words. Yikes!- have some dignity). Kat and Amy have to work together so should both be professional and swallow their pride.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

Kat has a fixation on any person with a male penis, it doesn't matter if they're attached or like some other woman. She's got vajayjay fever.

How can you say she's fixated on "any person with a male penis" when we've seen her be with ONE man during the 2 seasons of this show.

I hate slut shaming of women. She's been with one guy during the run of the show. I don't see how that makes her what you say she is.

We've also never seen that Kat is fixated on attached men or men that other women like! We've heard a rumor about her giving a bj to a guy that somebody said she "kind of" liked. People sure do jump to slutty conclusions don't they?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

And Ben has a girlfriend, so how is that all on Kat?

I keep seeing "Kat had a boyfriend when she was with Ben". Nobody ever mentions that he has a girlfriend and did the same thing as Kat, but I've not seen anybody mention that. It's always all Kat's fault.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

I'll say it. Ben's a slut. If you're in a committed boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, you don't go play slap and tickle with another woman. Whether he got a bj or not, he knew the camera was there. I hope his girlfriend knows he's a trashy piece of shit.

• Love 9

Kat got drunk and gave Amy’s love interest a blow job while Amy was knocked out on pain meds after dental surgery. Apparently, Amy caught them. I’d say she was lucky because NOBODY wants to accidentally get Kat’s sloppy seconds. "I had a friend who was interested in a guy and I got drunk and gave the guy a hummer. The friend was on pain meds and I don't remember anything because I was drunk. Maybe it was even a 3-way. I'm not sure.... and now I'm emotionally destroyed because everyone knows about it and is talking about me!" Really? Give me a break.

And even when Adrienne confronted her on the beach about it she screams to Adrienne “That’s not very nice of you to say behind my back,” “I don’t know if it’s true, maybe I was black-out drunk and it did happen,”...."black out drunk"..okay. Kat hasn’t got any sensibilities at all. She’s nuts. And an alcoholic if she really blacks out that frequently. Kat admits.....  "I request that men have facial hair, I like the way it tickles my face".  Wow. Kat reenacts every 18 year old’s first spring break in every port.

Kat my dear, is a slut.

• Love 8

Omg drama. I actually don't think Kat should be mad at Amy since Amy wasn't the one to blow the whistle on Kat blowing her love interest while she was ill. Adrienne did and Kat put it on blast to ship by going into a crazyass and egotistical rant to her current attached crush Ben which of course advertised her amazing penis sucking skills (in her words. Yikes!- have some dignity). Kat and Amy have to work together so should both be professional and swallow their pride.

Well, Amy basically admitted that she did tell Adrienne what happened at some point. Then Adrienne spilled the beans. So Amy is talking behind Kat's back, Adrienne is talking behind Amy and Kat's backs and Kat is talking behind Amy's back. Enough gossip guilt to go around!

• Love 1

Well, Amy basically admitted that she did tell Adrienne what happened at some point. Then Adrienne spilled the beans. So Amy is talking behind Kat's back, Adrienne is talking behind Amy and Kat's backs and Kat is talking behind Amy's back. Enough gossip guilt to go around!

Amy had never met Adrienne until she came aboard the Ohana.  Amy told someone and Adrienne got wind of it.  My guess is Kat might have left a bit of ill will with other stews along the way.  Amy has a right to express what happened to her and how she felt.  It was a first person experience.  If others decided to spread the word that is on them not Amy.    It didn't seem like Kat ever caught on she had basically hurt and humiliated Amy.  Very strange Kat should have been doing the apologizing not Amy.  Kat did more to spread the rumor among the  Ohana crew than Amy did.  She told Ben, Eddie and Kate and did so rather proudly in the case of the men. 

• Love 8

The table decorations for the Mexican Fiesta! looked like they were made out of construction paper.  This is what you get when you only charter for one night?  Guacamole and skirt steak served on some shit Kate made out of bargain bin finds at the craft store?  Note to self:  Don't bother chartering a yacht unless you can afford to do it for at least 2 nights.  I don't care how many stars Chef Ben has, there is only so much you can do with fajita fixings, and I won't wear a fake mustache and sombrero in even the FINEST of Mexican restaurants, so I'm sure not going to do it for what amounted to something like a $10,000 dinner.  Although, I guess once the guests got so drunk and belligerent that they kept jumping overboard even after they were expressly told it was too dangerous, I should probably be glad they didn't get to enjoy anything too fancy and decadent.  In hindsight, rice and beans probably ended up being just right for this group.

I hate it so much when reality shows air someone vomiting, especially when it's so graphic that I feel like I was right there helping Kelley hold his hair back.  Honestly, that shit makes me feel ill and I think it's unfair to just suddenly hurl that scene upon me with no warning.  (See what I did there?)  I don't even want to be in the room when I'm the one vomiting, so let that please be the last time I have to deal with the emotions that come with witnessing someone else do it. 

I'm bummed there were no cameras handy to catch the top of the piling as it flew into the air and landed on the deck.  Glad no one was hurt, but really wanted to see that whole whatever it was unfold.  Their eventual explanation of what really happened there didn't make much sense to me, but I never claimed to understand boats.  Whatever the glitch was sounded like it could get everyone in the marina killed, but hey, at least no one on board put the boat in gear, amirite, ha ha, good times.  At least it was impressive watching Captain Lee back that puppy into the slip without an inch to spare.

Hopefully the whole Kat vs. Amy drama is put to rest now.  Kat resents having her past disgusting behavior exposed because it happened years ago and has no bearing on the reformed pillar of virtue she is today.  Amy backs down easily and ends up apologizing to people she shouldn't, just to ease tension.  Got it! 

New guy seems okay.  I feel terrible for him that his family was torn apart and his siblings went into foster care while he went on to be raised by his best friends' parents, even though he is appropriately grateful that he at least had that opportunity.  That's the kind of scarring history that you think you have gotten yourself through clean once you reach adulthood, until you hit somewhere around your mid-30's, and then suddenly your brain starts going, "Hey, remember how all that bad stuff happened and you just powered through it and were grateful to come out the other side unscathed?  Guess what?  NOT UNSCATHED!  Let's think about all the nuances of how fucked up that whole thing was, because now you're old enough to really appreciate and understand how unfair and crappy it was.  And then let's not stop thinking about it, until bitterness and deep-seated distrust set in!  WHEEEE!"  He seems very solid at this first glance, I hope there are no implosions coming for him.  If there are, I hope they are not televised. 

• Love 1

Amy caved when she was having that little heart to heart with Kat. I was really hoping she would tell Kat off but of course old pro Kat turned the tables on Amy so fast she had her apologizing in no time flat. Well played Kat. Stupid Amy. 

• Love 2

In this world, there are Kats, stupid and self destructive, who drink too much and act out. They are oblivious to the pain they cause in others, because their pain is the only real pain. In general, these are people that those of us who possess empathy and seek self-knowledge can ignore.

Forced to interact, in an employment situation, you make peace as you can. It does not make Amy weak that she acted as she did. While I don't agree, many have posted that Kat's behavior in the first instance was not reprehensible in the least, so her remark that she was "childish" is probably the best you're gonna get.

As my friend Joel would say, behave like a mensch. That the other guy behaves like a putz is on them.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 8

The new guy seems like a good addition, but I just can't with this "budding romance" with Amy. He said five different times that he doesn't do relationships, keep in touch with anyone, or stay in one place so it's obviously going to go nowhere so I have zero interest.

Speaking of doomed relationships, Jennice and Kelley. *sigh* let's see how real this relationship is when Kelley is on his next charter with a hot girl.

Can't stand Kat. She's the kind of girl who only hangs out with guys because women are so catty and competitive, when it's really because she can't share male attention.

Also don't like Amy. She so DRAMATIC and SMILEY and ENTHUSIASTIC. Those two can kill each other for all I care.

Also if I were a guest who very generously tipped $5k for 24hrs worth of work, I would be hurt to hear Kate crowing about the fact that she wasn't even going to bother to learn my name.

• Love 2

If I could afford the boat and the tip, I wouldn't give a single shit what the person who cleaned the toilets thought or said about me.

I damn sure wouldn't expect to be loved or praised by them.

I would expect clean toilets, though.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 10

Kat: "I'm really hurt that everyone's saying I did this terrible thing that I did."

That was great.  She is really self involved isn't she?  Getting Amy to apologize was painful to watch and if Kat had apologized to Amy it would have taken some of the sting out of it.  Glad Amy let it go as it is not worth it.  How Kat got to be the victim in this whole matter is beyond me.  And why is Kate saying Amy is causing drama when this all started from Kat......literally.

I thought Kelley acted like a girl about and during his birthday.  Like a 18 year girl getting drunk for the first time.  There is something so off on him I just can't put my finger on it.

• Love 5

Since I have never chartered a boat and probably never will...is it customary to give the tip in cash in an letter size envelope? 

I have only recently started watching this series and it seems that is the norm.  I am thinking that maybe production is doing the tipping, the crew would be stashing wads of cash on  the boat which we never see anyone counting their stacks of gold, do we?

If I could afford the boat and the tip, I wouldn't give a single shit what the person who cleaned the toilets thought or said about me.

I damn sure wouldn't expect to be loved or praised by them.

I would expect clean toilets, though.

I would guess if I had that much money I might not care either but I can't help but think that seeing what is said about them on TV can't be a bit annoying. 

And I have said this before I really feel like this season the crew act like they are so much better than the clients they are serving.   Maybe it is just Kate but she is constantly talking about how low class the group is because they are having what appears to me as a good time.  They just paid a large wad of cash to charter the boat, are they suppose to just sit there and sip tea and enjoy the sights?

• Love 3

How can you say she's fixated on "any person with a male penis" when we've seen her be with ONE man during the 2 seasons of this show.

I hate slut shaming of women. She's been with one guy during the run of the show. I don't see how that makes her what you say she is.

We've also never seen that Kat is fixated on attached men or men that other women like! We've heard a rumor about her giving a bj to a guy that somebody said she "kind of" liked. People sure do jump to slutty conclusions don't they?

IMO she's acting like a hard up slut and a back stabbing bitch. You're welcome to your opinion.

I would guess if I had that much money I might not care either but I can't help but think that seeing what is said about them on TV can't be a bit annoying. 

And I have said this before I really feel like this season the crew act like they are so much better than the clients they are serving.   Maybe it is just Kate but she is constantly talking about how low class the group is because they are having what appears to me as a good time.  They just paid a large wad of cash to charter the boat, are they suppose to just sit there and sip tea and enjoy the sights?

I was thinking the same thing. Is it producer driven though?

• Love 3

I hate it so much when reality shows air someone vomiting, especially when it's so graphic that I feel like I was right there helping Kelley hold his hair back.  Honestly, that shit makes me feel ill and I think it's unfair to just suddenly hurl that scene upon me with no warning.  (See what I did there?)  I don't even want to be in the room when I'm the one vomiting, so let that please be the last time I have to deal with the emotions that come with witnessing someone else do it.

I sign on to this 1000%

Imagine my chagrin when I was innocently watching this show and a commercial comes on with Boss Heather and Ratty Radzi pretending they were in a Sex in the City episode. That was bad enough but we had to watch the Crypt Keeper putting on lipstick!

I had to barf! NO FAIR!

• Love 5

Since I have never chartered a boat and probably never will...is it customary to give the tip in cash in an letter size envelope? 

I have only recently started watching this series and it seems that is the norm.  I am thinking that maybe production is doing the tipping, the crew would be stashing wads of cash on  the boat which we never see anyone counting their stacks of gold, do we?

Cash in a white envelope is standard for charter tips and I highly doubt Bravo is chipping in. They are not known as big spenders.

And Ben has a girlfriend, so how is that all on Kat?

I keep seeing "Kat had a boyfriend when she was with Ben". Nobody ever mentions that he has a girlfriend and did the same thing as Kat, but I've not seen anybody mention that. It's always all Kat's fault.

Ben is not getting a pass from me. He too will have to answer to his girlfriend.
  • Love 2

As a person of Irish ( which is like a person of color only really, really pale)  I must protest at the Souse Shaming going on in this episode. Just because a pasty white skinned Hibernian imbibes a gallon of whiskey and jumps off a boat is no reason to shame them.

I protest! 

• Love 7

I just got a chance to watch the last two episodes together -

At the end of "She better not be staying" Kat is shown moving her stuff into Jennice's room, Jennice comments that what can she say? She's the new girl in town. Then the new deckhand arrives and all of the sudden Kat is back in her single room and he's her new roomate? What happened that I missed?

I don't know much about yachting, but Kat's confrontation on the beach with Adrienne and the female charter guest was completely unprofessional. If I was paying for the trip, had invited my guest of choice to be on the beach with me I would expect nothing less than to be waited on when I needed something and then be left alone. Kat was completely out of line causing drama, arguing and then running off crying. Why wasn't she reprimanded, why didn't the guests complain? They may not have wanted Adrienne on the boat for dinner but suck it up buttercup and do your damn job.

Kelly and Amy, it's weird. I'm two years older than my brother but I don't think I would ever break down in tears if someone was making him cry. I agree there's something off about Kelly anyway, and the Kelly and Jennice thing, she may be younger but I feel like Jennice has got a lot more maturity than Amy and Kelly combined - And who the hell does Amy think she is telling Jennice she would be sorry for not picking Kelly??

• Love 1

At the end of "She better not be staying" Kat is shown moving her stuff into Jennice's room, Jennice comments that what can she say? She's the new girl in town. Then the new deckhand arrives and all of the sudden Kat is back in her single room and he's her new roomate? What happened that I missed?

From what I understood Kat moved into Jennice's room, and somewhere it sounded like it was expected of Jennice to move in with Amy. I have no idea why she could not stay in her room. Maybe I misheard it though. 

• Love 1

From what I understood Kat moved into Jennice's room, and somewhere it sounded like it was expected of Jennice to move in with Amy. I have no idea why she could not stay in her room. Maybe I misheard it though.

I missed that, thanks for helping me out.

Oh Jennice. You are so transparent. 

Until Logan said he had a way with the ladies toward the end of the episode, I was starting to think that Kate was right, that he was gay.

I mean, I don't know anything about yachts, but it seems sort of weird that Captain Lee would assume someone moved the boat into gear before thinking of a mechanical problem. This isn't the brightest group of people but I don't think any of them would be messing with the gears. Oh hello, first officer! You were smart not to appear on this show.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 1

Amy caved when she was having that little heart to heart with Kat. I was really hoping she would tell Kat off but of course old pro Kat turned the tables on Amy so fast she had her apologizing in no time flat. Well played Kat. Stupid Amy.

Let me help explain. Amy had already tried to talk to Kate the Chief Stew who made it extremely clear that she was on Kat's side and felt Amy needed to shut her mouth and did so in an extremely hostile manner. Amy is also suddenly getting the shit duty where she has to wrangle a boat load of drunks by herself while Kat and Kate slept. Guess who is in the shit spot with Kate? Not Kat, but Amy, and she's stuck on the boat where she has to work with Kate and Kat who clearly both want to make her miserable. Honestly, been there and apologized there just so I didn't have screaming harpies sabotaging me in an enclosed environment. Yes, Kat is a manipulative pro, but I think Amy did it to keep the peace. Much like Jenice just moving rather than protesting, they've both already realized that no one about them is on their side.

• Love 4

Next time Kat tries to dry hump Ben, I'd love for Amy to go & insert herself between the two of them. Then let's see how much Queen Beej likes it.

I loved how they gave her the silent treatment, so awkward for her bitch ass!

Oh Jennice. You are so transparent. 

Until Logan said he had a way with the ladies toward the end of the episode, I was starting to think that Kate was right, that he was gay.

I mean, I don't know anything about yachts, but it seems sort of weird that Captain Lee would assume someone moved the boat into gear before thinking of a mechanical problem. This isn't the brightest group of people but I don't think any of them would be messing with the gears. Oh hello, first officer! You were smart not to appear on this show.

I think Logan is gay.  Saying you "have a way with the ladies" isn't the same as saying you like the ladies.  And please, the trimmed beard, carefully groomed eyebrows, and the jacket he wore out?  

Jennice is so fucking annoying.  So basically her boyfriend sounded like he did the vague break-up, she sees Kat dancing with him, he's drunk to the point of vomiting, and suddenly she has feelings for him?  And does the woman do a bit of work other than fluff pillows? Seems like all she does it complain about not being taken seriously as a female deckhand and then proceeds to do NOTHING.

And Amy, grow some balls.  Instead of asking Kat for an apology or at least an acknowledgment of "Hey, it hurt me that you knew I had feelings for this guy and then blew him."  Instead, after Amy apologizes, she stews at Kat? She's clearly only confrontational when it comes to defending her drunk and extremely emotional brother and berating a love interest for not returning his affection.

Some very strange dynamics.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
I think Logan is gay.  Saying you "have a way with the ladies" isn't the same as saying you like the ladies.  And please, the trimmed beard, carefully groomed eyebrows, and the jacket he wore out?

I didn't find him overly groomed but I also know tons of heterosexual men who do keep their stuff tight and right and would wear equal or even more out their clothes out to a club/bar. I find particularly in certain places and certain age groups their is very little correlation between grooming habits/sartorial choices and what gender they are sexually attracted to.

• Love 1

He has a film crew on board that is there to capture drama or create it if it doesn't happen naturally. I can easily see how he would assume human failure before mechanical in that situation. 

• Love 1

I didn't find him overly groomed but I also know tons of heterosexual men who do keep their stuff tight and right and would wear equal or even more out their clothes out to a club/bar. I find particularly in certain places and certain age groups their is very little correlation between grooming habits/sartorial choices and what gender they are sexually attracted to.

Yeah, you could be right.  But Kat's reaction to him (and she's younger than me) says it all.  I kind of feel like the producers are setting up the cat fight (Kat fight?) over what they'll find out later -- he is gay.

Edited by sasha206

Well this episode was more interesting than the last one.  I just cant get interested in anything Jennise.  And Kelly is funny looking or something-- maybe it's his kewpie doll hair, or little boy boohooing manner.  Something is off there.  The sight of him drunk in his bunk and Jennise rubbing his arm going,'' awwwwww" just made me fast forward my dvr.  It's like watching a middle school romance.  I wish the show would focus more on the guests and their excursions.  I also like when they show behind the scene scenes.  The boyfriend/girlfriend scenes so far have been blah. 

Edited by stcroix
  • Love 2