Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: New Kid On The Deck

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

What

Well this episode was more interesting than the last one.  I just cant get interested in anything Jennise.  And Kelly is funny looking or something-- maybe it's his kewpie doll hair, or little boy boohooing manner.  Something is off there.  The sight of him drunk in his bunk and Jennise rubbing his arm going,'' awwwwww" just made me fast forward my dvr.  It's like watching a middle school romance.  I wish the show would focus more on the guests and their excursions.  I also like when they show behind the scene scenes.  The boyfriend/girlfriend scenes so far have been blah. 

What I can't get is how she looks at a guy puking his guts out and thinks "now is the night I am falling for him."

I guess she was worried that Kat was going to get some?  And I guess her boyfriend seems like he's about to dump her?  So suddenly Kelley is "her person."

• Love 2

I feel like the producers had such high hopes for Jennice as the token female in the boys' club but she falls flat to me. She spends an awful lot of time lounging on the gossip couch with the stews for someone who is trying to prove herself. I think Andrew getting fired may have been the worst thing to ever happen to her.

• Love 2

Let me help explain. Amy had already tried to talk to Kate the Chief Stew who made it extremely clear that she was on Kat's side and felt Amy needed to shut her mouth and did so in an extremely hostile manner. Amy is also suddenly getting the shit duty where she has to wrangle a boat load of drunks by herself while Kat and Kate slept. Guess who is in the shit spot with Kate? Not Kat, but Amy, and she's stuck on the boat where she has to work with Kate and Kat who clearly both want to make her miserable. Honestly, been there and apologized there just so I didn't have screaming harpies sabotaging me in an enclosed environment. Yes, Kat is a manipulative pro, but I think Amy did it to keep the peace. Much like Jenice just moving rather than protesting, they've both already realized that no one about them is on their side.

Thanks but I don't need an explanation.  So Amy did it to keep the peace. Why isn't Kat ever concerned about keeping the peace? Because she gets away with being a royal bitch, that's why. She needs to be called out on her crap and then maybe she will be the one that has to worry about being "stuck" on a boat with people that want to make her miserable. She is a total narcissist and I can't stand her. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 5

So Amy did it to keep the peace. Why isn't Kat ever concerned about keeping the peace? Because she gets away with being a royal bitch, that's why. She needs to be called out on her crap and then maybe she will be the one that has to worry about being "stuck" on a boat with people that want to make her miserable. She is a total narcissist and I can't stand her.

I agree completely, but Kat has Kate the head stew on her side so if Amy calls her on her crap, even though Kat is the one who ran to Eddie with "Adrienne is talking about that blow job I maybe did" and then ran to Ben and Kate with the same story, Amy is the one who already caught shit from Kate for being too aggressive in her presentation etc etc.

While this isn't a real job in that I don't think Kate has as much authority to hire and fire, I can't blame Amy for not wanting to be openly shit on until the end of the season. And point - like her or hate her, the reason Adrienne is so disliked by Kat is not the bj story, it's that Adrienne had no patience for Kat's drama last season and called Kat out on her crap and on her drinking.

• Love 2

Let me help explain. Amy had already tried to talk to Kate the Chief Stew who made it extremely clear that she was on Kat's side and felt Amy needed to shut her mouth and did so in an extremely hostile manner. Amy is also suddenly getting the shit duty where she has to wrangle a boat load of drunks by herself while Kat and Kate slept. Guess who is in the shit spot with Kate? Not Kat, but Amy, and she's stuck on the boat where she has to work with Kate and Kat who clearly both want to make her miserable. Honestly, been there and apologized there just so I didn't have screaming harpies sabotaging me in an enclosed environment. Yes, Kat is a manipulative pro, but I think Amy did it to keep the peace. Much like Jenice just moving rather than protesting, they've both already realized that no one about them is on their side.

I saw it differently.  Kate was on nobody's side.  Kate listened to Kat when she told her about what Adrienne said but never said anything negative about Amy.  The only think Kate said was that they have jobs to do right now and they'll figure it out after the charter.  What pissed Kate off with Amy was that Amy accused Kate of going to Kat's level and talking crap about her which from what we saw wasn't true. 

• Love 4

For all Eddie's defense of Jennice when Andrew was making remarks that came across as sexist, I had to chuckle when he took one look at Logan and said, "Muscles!" Jennice would not have been too pleased if she had been standing there -- it was clear to me that Eddie feels Jennice may try hard but doesn't have the brawn needed for the big deckhand tasks.

• Love 2

For all Eddie's defense of Jennice when Andrew was making remarks that came across as sexist, I had to chuckle when he took one look at Logan and said, "Muscles!" Jennice would not have been too pleased if she had been standing there -- it was clear to me that Eddie feels Jennice may try hard but doesn't have the brawn needed for the big deckhand tasks.

Absolutely! 

I'm all for equal opportunity but when you need brawn and you don't have it, then you shouldn't get a job that requires it.  Can a woman do the job? I'm sure a woman could.  But not her.

• Love 2

What pissed Kate off with Amy was that Amy accused Kate of going to Kat's level and talking crap about her which from what we saw wasn't true.

I would interprete Kat running to the ship and telling everyone she could find about how this all maybe happened and is why Amy has something against her to be talking shit about Amy - especially when she and Kate refused to openly discuss it with Amy and made it worse.

Kate's mistake was taking a very hostile tone when Amy approached her later, because she didn't take that tone with Kat, and AMy witnessed her talking with Kat but when Amy tries to talk to Kate, she's instantly told how she's being too aggressive. That's why Amy would see Kate as taking Kat's side - Kate listened to Kat, and lectured Amy on her tone when this whole thing started because Kat was so angry and emotional over Adrienne blabbing it that she came back to the ship and told EVERYONE how she was maybe black out drunk four years ago and may have blown Amy's sorta boyfriend and how she's now the victim of this horrible campaign of Amy's... when Amy has been relatively pleasant to her, all things considered.

• Love 1

I didn't get a gay vibe from the new guy. He's very cute. Of course Kat could barely keep her panties on around him. 

Jennice has to be THE most annoying chick in the world.

I must've miss this with Kat and the new guy.  She talked him being cute, but was she hanging on him?  She went over to the hot tub where Amy seemed much more hopefully to get something going on.  But I didn't see anything else.

How come little Eddie is so drama free? Why don't the ladies go for him? Maybe he is too professional for that crew of ding dongs. Don't know his history but I love him.

He's a cute guy and he's showing a great sense of humor this season.  He seems rather grounded.  Not sure why the girls don't go after him.

I must've miss this with Kat and the new guy.  She talked him being cute, but was she hanging on him?  She went over to the hot tub where Amy seemed much more hopefully to get something going on.  But I didn't see anything else.

He's a cute guy and he's showing a great sense of humor this season.  He seems rather grounded.  Not sure why the girls don't go after him.

She was also hanging out with him in the galley and him talking about how he was aloof and didn't make connections and never kept in touch with people and Kat stated that she was going to stalk him after the season was over which seemed super weird and random to say to someone an hour after you met them.

Edited by biakbiak

She was also hanging out with him in the galley and he talking about how he was aloof and didn't make connections and never kept in touch with people and Kat stated that going to stalk him after the season was over which seemed super weird and random to say to someone an hour after you met them.

Ah thanks!  

Maybe she's thinking awesome, meaningless sex!

How come little Eddie is so drama free? Why don't the ladies go for him? Maybe he is too professional for that crew of ding dongs. Don't know his history but I love him.

I'm pretty sure he told Kelley he has a girlfriend. I know that doesn't seem to mean anything to the crew of Ohana but I guess he's just boring and monogamous that way. Weird...

He also wants to become a captain. Everyone else seems to be a yachtie while they wait for the next big thing. He's actually trying to make a career out of it so it's wise to keep his mouth shut when it comes to the personal stuff.

• Love 1

I think you hit the nail on the head. Eddie wants to be a captain and he doesn't want to bring the drama or violate an HR degree by having a relationship with a subordinate that would be documented on TV.

Plus look at the line up. He can only choose between a grinning pageant monkey, a moody mouse, a resting bitch leather-face and a petri dish. 

It't not as though Ginger or Maryann are on this three hour cruise.

Edited by Trooper York
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Eddie does sort of give off an "Eddie Munster" vibe!

300.ButchPatrick.EddieMunster.tg.111110.

Just sayn'

Nooo, I don't 100% agree with this. but Trooper York, could you please post a picture of "Wolfie" (Eddie's stuffed animal/bed night doll ?).  I am computer challenged!

I would interprete Kat running to the ship and telling everyone she could find about how this all maybe happened and is why Amy has something against her to be talking shit about Amy - especially when she and Kate refused to openly discuss it with Amy and made it worse.

Kate's mistake was taking a very hostile tone when Amy approached her later, because she didn't take that tone with Kat, and AMy witnessed her talking with Kat but when Amy tries to talk to Kate, she's instantly told how she's being too aggressive. That's why Amy would see Kate as taking Kat's side - Kate listened to Kat, and lectured Amy on her tone when this whole thing started because Kat was so angry and emotional over Adrienne blabbing it that she came back to the ship and told EVERYONE how she was maybe black out drunk four years ago and may have blown Amy's sorta boyfriend and how she's now the victim of this horrible campaign of Amy's... when Amy has been relatively pleasant to her, all things considered.

Before Amy approached Kate later on the deck, she had already accused Kate of going to Kat's level earlier when they were they were in the galley.. 

Kat didn't tell EVERYONE about what may have happened four years earlier.  She told Ben and Eddie.  She also gave a heads up to Kate because she was her boss.

I can understand Amy being upset with Kat and Kat did apparently owe her an apology but Amy accused Kate of something she didn't do.  In her talking head, Kate stated that both of them needed to move on, not just Amy.

Edited by breezy424

Cash in a white envelope is standard for charter tips and I highly doubt Bravo is chipping in. They are not known as big spenders.

I read Captain Lee's interview somewhere last year.

He said that Bravo spent more money than he usually sees from charters, even building the putting green on the ship. Bravo charters the boat for the filming season. The real crew are paid and sent on vacation and the stars of the show come on as crew. The bonuses may actually be a significant part of their pay.

I'm bummed there were no cameras handy to catch the top of the piling as it flew into the air and landed on the deck.  Glad no one was hurt, but really wanted to see that whole whatever it was unfold.  Their eventual explanation of what really happened there didn't make much sense to me, but I never claimed to understand boats.  Whatever the glitch was sounded like it could get everyone in the marina killed, but hey, at least no one on board put the boat in gear, amirite, ha ha, good times.  At least it was impressive watching Captain Lee back that puppy into the slip without an inch to spare. 

I think you got it right. From what I've seen on the show, the captain can pilot the boat from the cockpit or the area that he uses on deck when the weather is nice. It sounds like there's some kind of switch that turns control of the ship from one to the other and that part failed, so one set of controls started working when they shouldn't. If someone couldn't get to them, people could very well have been hurt.

I ended up seeing this on Thursday right before Watch What Happens Live with Ben and Kat as the guests.

Kat thinks she is completely in the right and that's why she wouldn't apologize to Amy. Ben did not leave his mark on the pillow and he says that he was separated from the gf before the cruise began. Kat is loyal to her boyfriend ( I assume drunk BJs won't count, however).

• Love 1

I am sorry beesknees I couldn't find a photo of "Wolfie." But I did find this photo of Eddie hugging Jennise.

Eddie_Munster.JPGHope that helps.

Oh yes, this helps.  THANK YOU !!   Hee.  Jennise ...

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 1

The outfits the stews wear with the khaki skirt and blue shirt always make me chuckle because they are the same outfits I had to wear as uniforms at my Catholic high school. Like, we wore those same exact khaki pleated skirts, and navy blue polo shirts.

I didn't get a gay vibe from the new guy at all either. I don't think he was very cute though... I think Kelley is a lot cuter than him. Neither is my type though, so whatever. 

What's with Amy saying Oklahoma was "the South"? Do people there actually consider Oklahoma to be the South, and refer to it as such...? 

I read Captain Lee's interview somewhere last year.

He said that Bravo spent more money than he usually sees from charters, even building the putting green on the ship. Bravo charters the boat for the filming season. The real crew are paid and sent on vacation and the stars of the show come on as crew. The bonuses may actually be a significant part of their pay.

I think you got it right. From what I've seen on the show, the captain can pilot the boat from the cockpit or the area that he uses on deck when the weather is nice. It sounds like there's some kind of switch that turns control of the ship from one to the other and that part failed, so one set of controls started working when they shouldn't. If someone couldn't get to them, people could very well have been hurt.

I ended up seeing this on Thursday right before Watch What Happens Live with Ben and Kat as the guests.

Kat thinks she is completely in the right and that's why she wouldn't apologize to Amy. Ben did not leave his mark on the pillow and he says that he was separated from the gf before the cruise began. Kat is loyal to her boyfriend ( I assume drunk BJs won't count, however).

It has nothing to do with the weather being nice.  It has to do with visualization (if you've ever watched Deadliest Catch, there are controls on both sides of the wheel house).  In other words, he can better see what's on that side of the boat, especially important when you're docking or leaving the dock.  What basically happened was that when switching the controls of the boat, somehow the boat was popped out of neutral into drive .  The boat was going in a forward motion (the propellers were spinning) and the stress was going to pop something (either a dock cleat or piling) at some point.  It was a very dangerous situation and luckily no one got hurt.

I totally get Captain Lee's and the crew's embarrassment about this and how important it was to do a perfect docking when they got back to the marina.  I know from when my husband has been docking our boat, there are times when a whole bunch of people are watching and judging you and it can really stress you out.  It's a pride thing and if you screw up, you'll hear about it from other skippers and captains.

The outfits the stews wear with the khaki skirt and blue shirt always make me chuckle because they are the same outfits I had to wear as uniforms at my Catholic high school. Like, we wore those same exact khaki pleated skirts, and navy blue polo shirts.

I didn't get a gay vibe from the new guy at all either. I don't think he was very cute though... I think Kelley is a lot cuter than him. Neither is my type though, so whatever. 

What's with Amy saying Oklahoma was "the South"? Do people there actually consider Oklahoma to be the South, and refer to it as such...? 

I was surprised by Amy's comment as well.  I always considered Oklahoma as the Midwest, never the South.  But I've never lived in that area.

I was surprised by Amy's comment as well.  I always considered Oklahoma as the Midwest, never the South.  But I've never lived in that area.

I have family there that definitely considers it the South, but they're a stone's throw from being in Texas. I always assumed that was why.

Oklahoma is kind of culturally Southern, like Tennessee, even though they're not in the Southern part of the US.

I get the visual aspect of the on deck controls, but it would really suck to be out there in a storm. What I got from the show is that the lower control wasn't in neutral and the failure was that it shouldn't have to be to release it to the on deck steering. But since I know more about control systems than boats, I have no idea how it's supposed to work.

I'm glad someone finally joked about Ohana meaning family this episode. Whoever at Bravo made up the name for the boat this year watched too much Lilo and Stitch.

• Love 1

I got a gay vibe off of him.  And I also don't think he's cute either.

I grew up in Oklahoma and lived there until my late 20's.  I always thought I lived in the south and told people so. It wasn't until I moved away that I learned that other folks didn't consider Oklahoma to be part of the South, but the Mid-West.  

Edited by motorcitymom65

I guess to me Oklahoma is a hybrid of South and Plains. Not really Midwest. It is never listed as a Midwestern state (Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin) but could go under Plains state (N Dak, S Dak, Nebraska, Kansas). Missouri is another state that is half Midwest/half South but more Midwest I would say.

When I think of Oklahomans I definitely think of Southern people. Isn't that where Garth Brooks &Tricia Yearwood, Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert live?? Ha ha. Yea, it's the South! Oops-Carrie Underwood too.

I hope Kelley hangs out with Jennice a few times and then tells her that she has issues that don't make her "his person". Give it right back to her.

Eddie is so cute but something must be done about his hair. Not sure what the problem is but the style isn't quite right. But he is my favorite on the boat, most level-headed.

• Like 1

I heard several times about Amy apologizing to Kat instead of vice versa.  Finally saw it.  Wow.

"I liked that guy. . .and you took him downstairs. . ."

[Kat:  silence]

"And I was surprised because we were really good friends. . .so I was hurt, , ."

[Kat:  silence]'

"And I thought we should talk about it. . .but then I thought, well, what would be the point of that, so I decided to leave the past in the past. . ."

[Kat:  attack!]

It was unpleasant, watching sullen Kat waiting to list her grievances, apparently incapable of forming the word "sorry."

On WWHL, one of the questions was about her crashing the hot tub party and she said, "Well, I was just interested in relaxing in the hot tub, so really, they were crashing MY party." 

Somebody let me know if Kat pulls some kittens out of a burning building because I have no more interest in her.

I saw it differently.  Kate was on nobody's side.  Kate listened to Kat when she told her about what Adrienne said but never said anything negative about Amy.  The only think Kate said was that they have jobs to do right now and they'll figure it out after the charter.  What pissed Kate off with Amy was that Amy accused Kate of going to Kat's level and talking crap about her which from what we saw wasn't true. 

That's the way I also saw it. The only reason Amy knew of the conversation is she followed them back to quarters to eavesdrop and then she butted in and was told to leave.

• Like 1

Early childhood and currently live in Oklahoma. Most people that live here consider it to be the South. Tulsa tends to be more Midwest/Plains, while Oklahoma City and the rural areas tend to be more Southern in culture. I think culturally the entire state is very similar to Texas, although many people from here would never admit that.

• Love 1