Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Earlfor1 said:

Reality Steve has a podcast in which he interviews Peter's ex, Brittany Hanson.  She talks about his push and pull, how she felt manipulated by him, how he told her he was going to do the show to improve his business and had no intention of falling for Rachel.  The website also has screenshots of his texts to her right before he left for the show.His podcast is here.

This podcast was amazing. I'm no Brittany Hanson fan, sounds like she and Peter deserve each other, but boy, does that back up Rachel's suspicions. Plus there are receipts. 

The emotional whiplash, the mind-games, and the fact that I thought that Peter spent the whole season withholding until Fantasy Suites all makes sense. 

It makes me question Rachel's talk with Mama Kraus, it makes me question his friends, who were sitting in the bar they'd like been to with Brittany just weeks earlier. Then the way those friends came for Rachel on Social Media?! Are you kidding me?!

This is a bit of confirmation bias for me, because I didn't think Peter wanted anything to do with Rachel romantically. Turns out it's worse than I thought. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TheKimist said:

The emotional whiplash, the mind-games, and the fact that I thought that Peter spent the whole season withholding until Fantasy Suites all makes sense. 

Think back to the sudden, "I am falling in love with you" just as they were heading in to meet her family, after the previous Rose Ceremony where he was made to sweat it out in the end with Dean. And then the waxing poetic to her family while staring longingly and lovingly at her to where he had her family eating out of his hand. And then per Rachel, the "I love you and will propose if it's what I have to do to keep you" as soon as she walked in to break up with him after their final date. This after being adamant that he would not propose. There was also, according to one of her interviews, all the "I won't propose, I don't feel at that place" but "oh by the way, what kind of engagement ring do you want? How many kids do you want us to have? Our house will have this many rooms, etc." But all that was interpreted by his swooning fangirls as Rachel being petty and bitter and she was dragged mercilessly.

I've watched all this stuff go down in the last two days with mild amusement. The thing is, I actually don't judge Peter for coming onto the show to expand his brand and business. As many have said, with social media, the reality is that's like 90 percent of the contestants. Even those who have fallen in love had other motives. Like as much as I do believe Rachel was genuinely looking to fall in love and find someone, it's clear that she's also used the show and notoriety to chase her dream of working in sports. And that's fine. I also don't care that he went back to hooking up with his ex after the season ended, since he was single, because Rachel didn't pick him. 

My issue is that Oscar performance he pulled on the AFTR. The one that further allowed his little fangirls to drag and attack Rachel mercilessly. You know, that whole, "I am so heartbroken and upset and was backstage in tears" and "oh Rachel is attacking me and my delicate little feelings". All while he was back fucking his ex on the regular as soon as he was back home? And then the friends, as you noted, who were likely very much aware of the Brittany situation, coming for Rachel on social media - calling her petty and hateful and bitter.

Rachel was slut shamed, her looks mocked by one of his friends. One of the black ones with his little blonde white wife. Even after Arie was announced as the lead, Peter came with his long ass bullshit "farewell" Instagram post, mentioning Rachel and still going on about things he wished he'd said and done but for everyone's sake he won't. That post allowed his stans to again start with their attacks against Rachel because apparently it showed more of her having no class because she didn't acknowledge such a heartfelt and honest and beautiful message. No really, that happened. And again, all the while he was back in his toxic ass relationship, banging his ex on the regular and having her take 10,000 shirtless pictures of him to post on his Instagram. 

Then there was all the dragging Bryan got throughout the season, because he'd been on a reality show 15 years ago. It didn't matter that since then the man had established a legitimate career. None of that mattered. He was fake, a liar and a fraud. And there was Peter while the season was airing, liking comments on social media declaring him so genuine and honest and a god amongst men while always attacking Bryan and declaring him not genuine. All to find out that like so many others, Peter was no different and there for his brand. But it worked for so many viewers and they all just lapped it up because he had some decent looks. That was all it took for him to become a saint and "can do no wrong" and Rachel suddenly become the villain because it's always so easy to go after a woman. Again, Rachel and Bryan went through so much shit after that finale from people online, people in the media who also bought Peter's crap, etc. Well, well...roosters came home to crow.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Rachel suddenly become the villain because it's always so easy to go after a woman.

TBH I think it was easy to make her the villain not because she's a woman, but because she was the lead.  I feel like if a similar situation happened on The Bachelor, then he'd be the villain (JMO of course).

• Love 1

Meh. I was unimpressed with  that podcast. I was turned off by her invoking the "metoo" movement as a reason to go to "reality Steve " of all people.  What she described was no "Metoo" abusive relationship. It sounded messy. Those texts also seemed contrived and odd, like she knew at some point she wanted to share them. Her end of the conversation seems to fit that profile.  

I don't find Rachel a victim either. She needed to admit she was smitten with the "pretty boy" (I know ymmv as to his attractiveness, but many find him distracting in a good way) so much so, that he was the most uncertain and unstable of the final 6, then 4 and she kept him to final 2... come on really? 

The voyeur in me would love to hear podcasts from Rachel and Bryans exs... 

Edited by Venee
  • Love 7

I have stated on the finale episode thread that Peter reminds me of my ex who I found very manipulative.  Many people didn't pick up on the behavior from Peter, but having lived it for almost three years, the signs were there. 

I applaud Rachel for picking up on those behaviors even though she was smitten with him.    While many people thought Bryan was a fake and a fraud,  I didn't see the signs (Bryan reminds me of my husband) and actually thought that of Peter.  One of my colleagues at work thought I was being too hard on Peter and believed Bryan was the one who only wanted to promote his brand.  I told her then that Peter's behavior was there in plain sight, and one day, through his being the Bachelor (I really thought he would be the lead) everyone would know who I am talking about.

I am on vacation, and my colleague texted me saying I was right and provided me RS podcast.  I don't want to be right, I just want people, especially women to be aware of the signs of manipulative behaviors.  There are people who believe she is lying, and I think there may be parts that were stretched a bit.  However, before reading the texts,  there were words and situations she described that sounded really familiar to my situation ( He doesn't think he can trust her so he will go off with another woman for days and making it Brittany's fault when he comes back).  

I was not happy with the part when she said that she was not that threatened because Rachel was black and he doesn't date black girls.  Apparently, 8 of his ten friends who are black don't date black girls either.  As a black woman, it sounded like we are not attractive and desirable.  My husband of ten years who is white, never dated a black woman before me, and I never dated a white man before him, listened to the podcast with me and believed she had cultural bias to black women about our looks and desirability. He thought it was very insensitive, but I stated that it is how she feels ( I won't atribute this to Peter because I don't know enough about that as he also states in his text that it is possible to fall for her).

Having stated this, it didn't seem calculated and she was interviewing out of spite.  Her feelings and emotions were raw, and her voice was breaking several times.  I hope she really moves on and works on herself.  As for Peter, that text about taking a picture without makeup because she always wear it and he doesn't like her in makeup garnered the same reaction from me when he said to Rachel that the dress she was wearing was wrong for a windy day.  (Controlling, manipulative, insecure).  

I really hope the Peter fans will now stop trolling Rachel and Bryan's social media account and leave them alone.  I really believe Rachel's behavior on finale night had to do with her feeling manipulated (see her reaction to Demario- she wasn't that into him). She didn't want to believe that a smart woman like herself fell for his act. It wasn't because she had strong feelings for him as Bryan was always going to be her F1 (exhibit A- he watch, exhibit B- meeting her friends before meeting her family).

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Venee said:

I don't find Rachel a victim either. She needed to admit she was smitten with the "pretty boy" (I know ymmv as to his attractiveness, but many find him distracting in a good way) so much so, that he was the most uncertain and unstable of the final 6, then 4 and she kept him to final 2... come on really? 

She did admit that she had feelings for him. In fact, she was always upfront that she was torn at many points in the season and she never stated that she knew Bryan was her choice right from the start. However, she admitted that she started seeing red flags with regard to Peter and by the end she felt like there was a constant push and pull with him that was at times almost manipulative.  It was those words that especially got her dragged by his fans and accused of being petty and bitter and attacking his character. However, his ex pretty much confirmed this is exactly who he is.

Again, Rachel never did a thing to Peter and was upfront about having feelings for him. However, because she was direct at the ATFR and later dared to say that because of his own words and feelings regarding the show's process, it maybe wasn't a good fit for him, she got dragged mercilessly. And that was compounded by his performance. Let's never forget the dramatic sitting on a stool backstage as they went to commercial before he came out.

The "I was backstage just crying and so upset and now I feel attacked". And people just ate it up - oh she's such a bitch, look how rude and mean and attacking him she was. And what - all to find out that one, like most of these people he was there for his business and two, during all his so called heartbreak he was back happily fucking his ex that drove him to the airport on his way to compete on Rachel's season.

eta: I am certainly not calling the ex a saint or pretending to like her but the ex isn't the one who came onto the show.

The voyeur in me would love to hear podcasts from Rachel and Bryans exs... 

There was an interview in some tabloid with one of Bryan's more recent exes when the season was airing. And she had nothing but good things to say about him, admitting that the relationship fizzled mostly because she was still hung up on an ex. And most people dismissed it because they were steadfast on the Bryan is the worse human being in the world. Same with the fact that he's still very friendly with his ex of four years who is now married and a mother.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I love it. It’s a stupid reality show and at this point every single person is in it to promote a so-called “brand.” None of these pretty people has any trouble attracting better mate-worthy partners in the real world. Players played each other—Peter was just better at it. 

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

She did admit that she had feelings for him. In fact, she was always upfront that she was torn at many points in the season and she never stated that she knew Bryan was her choice right from the start. However, she admitted that she started seeing red flags with regard to Peter and by the end she felt like there was a constant push and pull with him that was at times almost manipulative.  It was those words that especially got her dragged by his fans and accused of being petty and bitter and attacking his character. However, his ex pretty much confirmed this is exactly who he is.

Again, Rachel never did a thing to Peter and was upfront about having feelings for him. However, because she was direct at the ATFR and later dared to say that because of his own words and feelings regarding the show's process, it maybe wasn't a good fit for him, she got dragged mercilessly. And that was compounded by his performance. Let's never forget the dramatic sitting on a stool backstage as they went to commercial before he came out.

The "I was backstage just crying and so upset and now I feel attacked". And people just ate it up - oh she's such a bitch, look how rude and mean and attacking him she was. And what - all to find out that one, like most of these people he was there for his business and two, during all his so called heartbreak he was back happily fucking his ex that drove him to the airport on his way to compete on Rachel's season.

eta: I am certainly not calling the ex a saint or pretending to like her but the ex isn't the one who came onto the show.

There was an interview in some tabloid with one of Bryan's more recent exes when the season was airing. And she had nothing but good things to say about him, admitting that the relationship fizzled mostly because she was still hung up on an ex. And most people dismissed it because they were steadfast on the Bryan is the worse human being in the world. Same with the fact that he's still very friendly with his ex of four years who is now married and a mother.

I just remember a much talked about ex on the show that butted heads with Bryan's Mom. I don't know about Rachel's exs, except she seemed to be crying over one when she and Peter had their big break up.  Again, Peter said he wasn't going to propose on her face and her families face during hometowns, and pretty much everytime it came up before then, even Byan and Eric knew, soooooo... I  just assumed producers encouraged her to keep him around. 

4 hours ago, Earlfor1 said:

I have stated on the finale episode thread that Peter reminds me of my ex who I found very manipulative.  Many people didn't pick up on the behavior from Peter, but having lived it for almost three years, the signs were there. 

I applaud Rachel for picking up on those behaviors even though she was smitten with him.    While many people thought Bryan was a fake and a fraud,  I didn't see the signs (Bryan reminds me of my husband) and actually thought that of Peter.  One of my colleagues at work thought I was being too hard on Peter and believed Bryan was the one who only wanted to promote his brand.  I told her then that Peter's behavior was there in plain sight, and one day, through his being the Bachelor (I really thought he would be the lead) everyone would know who I am talking about.

I am on vacation, and my colleague texted me saying I was right and provided me RS podcast.  I don't want to be right, I just want people, especially women to be aware of the signs of manipulative behaviors.  There are people who believe she is lying, and I think there may be parts that were stretched a bit.  However, before reading the texts,  there were words and situations she described that sounded really familiar to my situation ( He doesn't think he can trust her so he will go off with another woman for days and making it Brittany's fault when he comes back).  

I was not happy with the part when she said that she was not that threatened because Rachel was black and he doesn't date black girls.  Apparently, 8 of his ten friends who are black don't date black girls either.  As a black woman, it sounded like we are not attractive and desirable.  My husband of ten years who is white, never dated a black woman before me, and I never dated a white man before him, listened to the podcast with me and believed she had cultural bias to black women about our looks and desirability. He thought it was very insensitive, but I stated that it is how she feels ( I won't atribute this to Peter because I don't know enough about that as he also states in his text that it is possible to fall for her).

Having stated this, it didn't seem calculated and she was interviewing out of spite.  Her feelings and emotions were raw, and her voice was breaking several times.  I hope she really moves on and works on herself.  As for Peter, that text about taking a picture without makeup because she always wear it and he doesn't like her in makeup garnered the same reaction from me when he said to Rachel that the dress she was wearing was wrong for a windy day.  (Controlling, manipulative, insecure).  

I really hope the Peter fans will now stop trolling Rachel and Bryan's social media account and leave them alone.  I really believe Rachel's behavior on finale night had to do with her feeling manipulated (see her reaction to Demario- she wasn't that into him). She didn't want to believe that a smart woman like herself fell for his act. It wasn't because she had strong feelings for him as Bryan was always going to be her F1 (exhibit A- he watch, exhibit B- meeting her friends before meeting her family).

I missed her comment about Rachel being black being a factor, but I wasn't listening uninterrupted. I was also having trouble wading through Reality Steve's feigned sympathy. He was like a male Nancy Grace. My eyes couldn't roll harder with some of his retorts. That being said, Peters ex was saying what many think anyway. Wasn't there some statistic that black women are the least requested on dating sites or something?  The fact she said it out loud was tacky, but unfortunately tons are thinking it... My husband is from India I'm black. The guy I dated before him was White, neither had dated outside their race prior to me so same as you. 

The no make up thing was something I picked up on and even commented here back when the show aired. I mentioned this to my daughter when we were watching it as well. His rant about Bryan's cheek implants and Miami womens fake "parts" made me think he most likely was not fond of Rachels eyelashes,  make up,and hair extensions. .. Methinks I'm right after seeing that text...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Venee said:

The no make up thing was something I picked up on and even commented here back when the show aired. I mentioned this to my daughter when we were watching it as well. His rant about Bryan's cheek implants and Miami womens fake "parts" made me think he most likely was not fond of Rachels eyelashes,  make up,and hair extensions. .. Methinks I'm right after seeing that text...

Right.  When he made the comment about fake boobs and fake cheeks, I knew he wouldn't be fond of Rachel's eyelashes and weave. 

I really hope we never see Peter again on my TV screen again.  I really can't believe that nonsense he tried to spew about not being emotionally ready for the Bachelor since he still had to get over Rachel right after Arie was announced. It was interesting listening to the podcast when RS stated that Peter was he front runner until the last minute and he really wanted to be TB.  I really wonder what made the producers change their minds.  Whatever it was, I am glad they went in a different direction.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Earlfor1 said:

I really wonder what made the producers change their minds.

I've always believed that true to his controlling nature, he tried to play hardball with Fleiss and company, making too many demands and in the end they pretty much made him realize that no matter how popular his fangirls had delusionally made him believe he was, he wasn't bigger than the franchise and that he was replaceable just like everyone else. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Think back to the sudden, "I am falling in love with you" just as they were heading in to meet her family, after the previous Rose Ceremony where he was made to sweat it out in the end with Dean. And then the waxing poetic to her family while staring longingly and lovingly at her to where he had her family eating out of his hand.

This.

This was the moment I decided that Peter was actually a dog. I remember yelling  "Oh Hell No!" at the television. It was the last straw for me after the business with saying he wanted to leave, his half-stepping friends, and his baby-mama encouraging mother.  But with everyone so upset about the finale, I thought surely I wasn't seeing things properly because I was the only person in America who thought the show was edited for me to see Peter as a pig. 

And This:

9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

My issue is that Oscar performance he pulled on the AFTR. The one that further allowed his little fangirls to drag and attack Rachel mercilessly. You know, that whole, "I am so heartbroken and upset and was backstage in tears" and "oh Rachel is attacking me and my delicate little feelings". All while he was back fucking his ex on the regular as soon as he was back home? 

This had me on fire. His showing on the couch and the support that followed made me too worked up for a reality tv show. I was furious because I thought it was an act and it was done at Rachel's expense. Bossy Brittany just let me know that this is Peter's regular business. 

• Love 7

Ugh.  I heard Andi on a podcast.  I think she thinks she is Carrie Bradshaw reincarnate. 

The fact that she is still apparently cleat chasing just bugs me for some reason, as do her “New Yorkers are like this, Southerners are like this” schtick.  

• Love 3

I bought Andi's book - yes I know don't shame me, but I've always liked her.

It seems like she's still chasing the Josh Murray types - kudos if that's what she wants to do, but it's not a shock that she's still single. And the whole "I packed up my suitcases and moved to NYC" is not as unique as she may think. It would be a lot more interesting if she was still an attorney and was making career moves, but she's a professional reality star/author and I wonder what she actually does on a day-to-day basis. Her life, as much as she likes to play it up as exciting and Sex-and-the-City-like in NEW YORK CITY!, seems a bit boring.

• Love 2

Last night Kaitlyn was featured on a spin-off from Say Yes to the Dress.  The show's star is Hayley Paige and she and her interns designed two dresses for Kaitlyn's wedding even though there is no wedding date and no wedding plans beyond having the dresses (per Kaitlyn).  The interns mentioned that Kaitlyn has been on Broadway.  Does anyone know about this?  Anyway, it was interesting to see Kaitlyn again, and she did look fabulous in the dresses.

• Love 1

I can't believe Andi got a second book deal. I got her first book on Kindle and returned it after not being able to make it past a few pages. Her writing is terrible.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The interns mentioned that Kaitlyn has been on Broadway.  Does anyone know about this?

Yes, apparently she hosted some sort of holiday show. Isn't it sad that so many talented people work hard all their lives to get a book deal or a Broadway (or even off-Broadway) show, and insipid famewhores like Andi and Kaitlyn just get that stuff handed to them?

• Love 3

Chocolatine, YES!  I wholeheartedly agree with you about talented people who do not get opportunities or breaks because some minor "celebrity" is considered famous and therefore hired before those who may be better qualified.

Edited to add that I just read several reviews of Kaitlyn and that Christmas show.  YIKES!  Not good...

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 1

From Reality Steve's Twitter Page:

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/972596242432843776/photo/1

If this is true, and she's even dignifying such an idiotic and time-wasting stunt by a government official, I'm incredibly disappointed.  And I will NOT watch her season.  

I really hope this is disproved and she and her family are not participating in something so ridiculous.  We need our government officials to be more concerned with REAL issues.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

From Reality Steve's Twitter Page:

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/972596242432843776/photo/1

If this is true, and she's even dignifying such an idiotic and time-wasting stunt by a government official, I'm incredibly disappointed.  And I will NOT watch her season.  

I really hope this is disproved and she and her family are not participating in something so ridiculous.  We need our government officials to be more concerned with REAL issues.   

Yes this is a little disappointing but according to a People article the representative who drafted this stated that it would not become a bill and that it was done tongue in cheek. He said it proved that you could connect with your constituents through social media and that Minnosotains had a sense of humor.

Considering the fact that the lawmaker represented her hometown and had invited her to the capital I would imagine she was under a little pressure to appear. And I'm sure she was aware it wasn't a serious bill. A little embarrassing to start off her Bachelorette stint but if that's the worst she does it still couldn't hold a candle to Arie's stunts IMO. Certainly not enough to keep me from watching.

• Love 3

So her filming hasn't even started yet, and she's obligated to participate in crap like this?  Not classy, even if it's just "Minnesota Humor". 

I'm sure Lauren's family thinks it's all just a hoot and a half.    

• Love 1
14 hours ago, leighdear said:

So her filming hasn't even started yet, and she's obligated to participate in crap like this?  Not classy, even if it's just "Minnesota Humor". 

What does Lauren's family have to do with? It wasn't about her. And to be honest I don't care what Arie and Lauren's family think about it. They don't need to be worrying about Becca when their children have certainly not made the best decisions.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm sure Lauren's family is too busy planning her quicky wedding to a serial cheater to worry about what his very recent ex-fiancé is doing. 

• Love 7

Most likely Arie’s not planning a trip to Minnesota (nor are many other people—omg it’s COLD there ?) but sure, much younger “friend” of Becca who happens to be in the state legislature, spend your state’s taxpayers’ money on a publicity stunt and watch Becca and her family show up for the nonevent so People magazine will cover them. Next, sponsor a bill to what, keep wild tropical birds from nesting there? Cause that’s probably not going to happen either.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Most likely Arie’s not planning a trip to Minnesota (nor are many other people—omg it’s COLD there ?) but sure, much younger “friend” of Becca who happens to be in the state legislature, spend your state’s taxpayers’ money on a publicity stunt and watch Becca and her family show up for the nonevent so People magazine will cover them. Next, sponsor a bill to what, keep wild tropical birds from nesting there? Cause that’s probably not going to happen either.

Exactly. I haven't seen anything about him being a friend of Becca's but to me he is the one mostly to blame here. He probably wanted to gain favor with voters who are Bachelor fans. And if he is a friend of hers than that makes even more sense to me that she would feel kind of obligated to attend.  Just as on the ATFR when Chris mentioned the billboards she was like, " what, billboards?!?", she has garnered a lot of OTT sympathy that she didn't ask for but is put in the position of walking the tightrope of being realistic but not offending these fans either. Especially the ones from her home state.

She's going to have a lot of major decisions to make as the Bachelorette and it's unfortunate that she made a less than desirable one here but she was kind of under the eight ball IMO. It certainly wasn't a action that warrants not watching her season I think but to each his own.

• Love 1

Just read on Reality Steve that the show had filmed part of Becca's intro for her season at the capital in MN. Now everything is making a lot more sense. This no doubt was all orchestrated by the show. Not sure how much say so she would have had in all this but I imagine if she tried to push back on something this early in filming it wouldn't go well for her the rest of the season. She would be labeled as difficult and was probably under pressure to do it that way. I would say she went along with it because she wants to pick her battles wisely. 

So really not as bad as was made out to be. Just par for the course for the show IMO.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Just read on Reality Steve that the show had filmed part of Becca's intro for her season at the capital in MN. Now everything is making a lot more sense. This no doubt was all orchestrated by the show. Not sure how much say so she would have had in all this but I imagine if she tried to push back on something this early in filming it wouldn't go well for her the rest of the season. She would be labeled as difficult and was probably under pressure to do it that way. I would say she went along with it because she wants to pick her battles wisely. 

So really not as bad as was made out to be. Just par for the course for the show IMO.

I can't feel too much sympathy for Becca about this, since she already knew TPTB are more than happy to embarrass her for ratings, and still eagerly came back for more. I like Becca and I hope she gets what she wants out of the Bachelorette experience, but I also subscribe to the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" school of thought.

• Love 2
On 3/12/2018 at 10:24 PM, chocolatine said:

I can't feel too much sympathy for Becca about this, since she already knew TPTB are more than happy to embarrass her for ratings, and still eagerly came back for more. I like Becca and I hope she gets what she wants out of the Bachelorette experience, but I also subscribe to the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" school of thought.

Oh I never said I felt sorry for her. I was just responding to the opinion that this was such a unspeakable deed on her part that they wouldn't watch her season. I just don't agree with that.

I think she's fully aware of what she signed up for. She said about filming the break up scene that even though she was blindsided she signed up to have her love life filmed and that was part of it. She's aware of what the show is capable of but I would imagine she would refuse to do something that she didn't agree with. That's why I said I thought she would choose her battles wisely. I think she approached it much like Rachel did (or I hope she negotiated with the producers) and for the most part her season went well. 

Yes she signed up for it and I'm sure she's not going to come away from this unscathed but I wish her well and hope she finds her happiness.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Oh I never said I felt sorry for her. I was just responding to the opinion that this was such a unspeakable deed on her part that they wouldn't watch her season. I just don't agree with that.

Once you're in the public eye there are going to be people who hate whatever choice you make. If she hadn't gone there would probably be people berating her for turning her back on her home state and claiming she's gone "Hollywood". You can't please everyone so do what makes you happy. 

I do think she knows, more than some others, what she is getting into. I think she is pretty well informed and has certainly weighed the pros and cons of going on the show. She also seems secure enough to not care what a bunch of strangers on the internet think about her showing up at a harmless publicity stunt that was likely orchestrated by the show to get Minn. some publicity. I doubt it really cost the state that much money to make a silly little document that doesn't hold water and certainly isn't a real, enforceable bill. I mean, does anyone really think Arie is going to get arrested if he goes to Minnesota? 

• Love 2

Awww how cute that they think we love seeing contestants in costumes.  Bless their little stupid hearts. 

Never ceases to amaze me that the 'mansion' has laminate flooring and the worst tile on the face of the planet. It is just a big tacky house. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Awww how cute that they think we love seeing contestants in costumes.

There is always one. The question is, do they pick the costume first then just find a contestant that fits it to wear it, or do they get a costume to suit a particular contestant. Maybe the guy is a chicken farmer. Maybe he works for Chick-fil-a holding the sign and that's just his uniform. Women do tend to love a man in uniform. lol

That is a tacky ass mansion. I mean, if I were staying there for free I would, with free food and booze, but I wouldn't pay to stay/live there. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

There is always one. The question is, do they pick the costume first then just find a contestant that fits it to wear it, or do they get a costume to suit a particular contestant. Maybe the guy is a chicken farmer. Maybe he works for Chick-fil-a holding the sign and that's just his uniform. Women do tend to love a man in uniform. lol

That is a tacky ass mansion. I mean, if I were staying there for free I would, with free food and booze, but I wouldn't pay to stay/live there. 

Do we know if the dolphin/shark woman had anything related to a dolphin?  I don't think she did.  Same with the penguin.

They probably start with, okay who here will wear a costume?  If there are no volunteers we will choose.  So one good sport steps forward after extreme peer pressure. 

1 minute ago, Wings said:

Do we know if the dolphin/shark woman had anything related to a dolphin?  I don't think she did.  Same with the penguin.

They probably start with, okay who here will wear a costume?  If there are no volunteers we will choose.  So one good sport steps forward after extreme peer pressure. 

26 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The dolphin shark, Alexis, just REALLY liked dolphins. Maybe this guy in the chicken suit is There for the Wrong Reasons and is hoping to meet the “chicken enthusiast” (from a few seasons back) in Paradise.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The dolphin shark, Alexis, just REALLY liked dolphins.

And yet didn't realize she was dressed as a shark and not a dolphin. lol 

I keep hoping more than one will show up in the same costume. Like, two chickens show up and have a peck off to see who is the better chicken. Or have them all in costumes so the "first impression" won't be who do I most want to bang tonight. 

• Love 1

I always like opening night crazy costumes and all. Like getting a first look at all the characters wondering how far they'll go and how it will all play out.

I think Becca looked stunning. Her smile looked extra radiant and the cream colored gown really was beautiful on her. Much better than the black gown she wore for Arie's proposal. 

• Love 2

Can't stand the "Let's just do the damn thing" commercials.   It's  going to be a long season, filled with wine.   (For me.)    Luckily, I was just gifted one of those wine machines that keeps a bottle of wine fresh for a week.   Unluckily, I need some wine to figure out how the machine works.        

• Love 5

I abhor cutesy tag line like that also, because they are run into the ground before the show even starts.....It brings out the stabby in me.  Thankfully, I rarely watch ABC so I've been spared the repeating ad nauseum. 

There's always beautiful scenery by the end, so at least there's that to look forward to.  And wine.  Yeah, lots of wine.  Maybe Tequila.  

• Love 4

She looks like she could be the daughter of actress Erin Gray, from Silver Spoons & Buck Rogers.  

And really, what IS the "damn thing" they're supposed to be doing?  I missed that from Ari's season.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, leighdear said:

And really, what IS the "damn thing" they're supposed to be doing?  I missed that from Ari's season.  

It's one of those faux-inspirational things that don't mean anything.

• Love 5

I feel like this entire season is going to be a total snoozefest.  They're trying to dress it up with some kind of witty (in their mind) tagline, but I'm not buying it.  This might be the first season I sit out.  Becca is boring.

• Love 5
On 5/8/2018 at 6:40 PM, leighdear said:

She looks like she could be the daughter of actress Erin Gray, from Silver Spoons & Buck Rogers.  

I'm glad I'm not the only confused one. Every time I hear the commercial I think "what damn thing?"

• Love 4

Maybe I'm thinking the phrase just sounds so disgruntled and impatient...."Let's get this OVER with", or "Just do it already so I can go back to sleep".  *LOL*

I liked Becca ok, but didn't see much about her to carry a season with much flair.  But as per usual, it's going to be up to the bros, dudes and studs to do all the heavy lifting and keep the entertainment level up.  I hope they don't disappoint.  

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Maybe I'm thinking the phrase just sounds so disgruntled and impatient...."Let's get this OVER with", or "Just do it already so I can go back to sleep".  *LOL*

I liked Becca ok, but didn't see much about her to carry a season with much flair.  But as per usual, it's going to be up to the bros, dudes and studs to do all the heavy lifting and keep the entertainment level up.  I hope they don't disappoint.  

You may be right but i think we are supposed to think that she is so enthusiastic to find the love of her life in traditional Bachelorette fashion that she can’t wait to get going.  No more waitin around for her!

• Love 1