Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

When I hear Chock it reminds me of 'Chook' from the movie Muriel's Wedding (bad language in the clip)

I absolutely LOVED Muriel's Wedding!!! 😄🙌💯 Such a great movie! 

No Fanstasy Suites on The Golden Bachelorette 😱?! That's the only reason that I watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette- the waking up in perfect makeup, awkward morning-after breakfasts, random shots of animals, and the sleazy make outs. DAMN IT!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm team Joan. I'm 57 and have already alerted my husband I will not be growing old gracefully  😂. So far really good skin care and makeup is holding me up well. DNA has so far kept me wrinkle and fine line free. But I'm not above getting assistance. Shoutout to all the women who don't care or have just chosen to embrace nature. Not me. I think Joan looks really good.

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
9 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I absolutely LOVED Muriel's Wedding!!! 😄🙌💯 Such a great movie! 

No Fanstasy Suites on The Golden Bachelorette 😱?! That's the only reason that I watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette- the waking up in perfect makeup, awkward morning-after breakfasts, random shots of animals, and the sleazy make outs. DAMN IT!!! 🤣

They really classed up the joint since they fired Harrison. No more baboons screeching or squirrels scurrying to hide their nuts. 🤣

• LOL 3

I'm in my 30's and Joan's freaky face has served as a cautionary tale for me to never do that to myself. When they showed that montage of photos during Joan's backstory, I thought she looked beautiful as a middle-aged woman who hadn't gone bonkers with the cosmetic procedures yet.

Screenshot 2024-09-21 082310.png

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 9/18/2024 at 10:01 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I would have probably cut Pascal and Greg but they made it. I'm glad she kept Jack he is good for some laughs (and good meals). I like Jordan and Mark best so far and also Keith the first rose guy.

Aw hell no Gerry you should not be giving advice.

Pascal strikes me as a Casanova so I'd have cut him loose too, his intro package gave me the impression that he's out on the town all the time. I also get a latent asshole vibe from one of the other guys she kept, Jordan, I think? There's something about his appearance and demeanor that gives a former popular guy who still thinks he's king of the mountain vibes. He was one of the guys standing outside making snide comments about others' entrances.

Was Greg the over-talker? There was one guy would ask a question and then immediately start talking again before she could respond. That would be a giant dealbreaker for me. 

I totally agreed with her pick for first impression rose, Keith seems like a lot of fun and very genuine. And it makes sense to me that a woman of certain maturity (and the wisdom that comes along) would look past physical appearance to other qualities. 

I didn't like Jack when he first came in singing for WAY too long, but he won me over by the end. She definitely shouldn't pick him for the final guy, but he's pretty entertaining for tv. He seems like the life of the party, but a potential drinking problem there, he was pretty toasted by the end of that cocktail party.

Overall, I really enjoyed the guys hanging out together. Even the mocking didn't seem too mean-spirited, Pascal's response to someone calling his French accent fake was pretty funny.

I also liked Joan more than I was expecting to, so that was a pleasant surprise. Could be a fun season if they don't try too hard to create unnecessary drama and bachelor/ette it up too much. Let's leave out the cheesy mirror gazing montages (too late, there were many in this episode) and staring out to sea bullshit. Just cast interesting people and the show will be fine.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
On 9/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, debbie311 said:

The guy who is an ER physician in Reno, NV.  Would he quit his job and move cross-country?  I think when people are in their 20s, maybe 30s, they are willing and able to move for love.  But once you are established in your career, have children and possibly grandchildren, the idea of pulling up roots and moving to another state is pretty daunting.  I am probably too cynical but I just don't see these relationships working.

He could. Working in emergency medicine, he works for a hospital or an urgent care. He doesn’t have an established practice that would be harder to leave. He just has to get a medical license in Maryland. I’m not sure what the reciprocity is between Maryland and DC.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Oh boy. I thought this before I read about him, when they showed him I didn't think he had kind eyes and I was surprised she picked him. 

I did not read the spoilers so I don't know who she picked.

• Like 3
(edited)

Was Greg the over-talker? There was one guy would ask a question and then immediately start talking again before she could respond. That would be a giant dealbreaker for me. 

Yes, the interrupters - so rude and annoying they are!

Edited by bequialife
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, atomic said:

I'm in my 30's and Joan's freaky face has served as a cautionary tale for me to never do that to myself. When they showed that montage of photos during Joan's backstory, I thought she looked beautiful as a middle-aged woman who hadn't gone bonkers with the cosmetic procedures yet.

I'm in my 30's too- I'll be 36 in October 🤗💯! I won't get any plastic surgery or fillers/injectables either.  I don't understand why Joan got all of that work done.  Joan looks naturally beautiful in this photo and didn't need any of it.  Plastic surgery and injectables can be a slippery slope- sometimes it can create an obsessive level of perfectionism in people that makes one little tweak here or there turn into an overhaul of the whole face.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2024 at 1:00 PM, dancingdreamer said:

Bonus he's a stylist  I always  need help with my hair.

Joan is the one who needs help with her hair.  I'm actually not going to watch this season because it bugs me so much.

spacer.png

I remember decades ago, Farrah Fawcett (she of famous hair of her own) said her mother's advice was to always comb the back of your hair.  It doesn't look like Joan received similar advice.  Just because you can't see what's going on back there doesn't mean you should ignore it. 

I'm also trying to figure out what that is on Joan's back about midway up her arm. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Joan is the one who needs help with her hair.  I'm actually not going to watch this season because it bugs me so much.

spacer.png

I remember decades ago, Farrah Fawcett (she of famous hair of her own) said her mother's advice was to always comb the back of your hair.  It doesn't look like Joan received similar advice.  Just because you can't see what's going on back there doesn't mean you should ignore it. 

I'm also trying to figure out what that is on Joan's back about midway up her arm. 

Omg, I know a woman (probably around Joan's age) who NEVER combs the back of her hair. Appears to spend a lot of time arranging the front, but an absolute rat's nest in the back. I don't know why no one else ever mentioned it to her.

As for what's on Joan's back, I think it's an insert of the dress. A lot of these gowns (and the stuff on DWTS) has nude-colored cutouts or inserts to give an appearance of skin but it's actually covered. This looks a bit like a wrinkled piece of one of those items.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 9/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, Ilovepie said:

Her story about her husband was really sad, but man, that woman has definitely had a lot of work done on her face - her younger self was unrecognizable compared to the way she looks now!

i didn't watch the whole episode. I was put off by how stretched her face looks, especially around her mouth and chin. It is pulled so tight! I don't think the long blonde hair is flattering on her either. She's wearing extensions right? 

I like Mark. Didn't stick around long enough to get to know much about the rest of the men. I'm not sure I'll be back as I still don't understand why Joan was chosen. I think there were a few other women from the Golden Bachelor who were more interesting. 

• Like 8
On 9/20/2024 at 1:26 PM, Quickbeam said:

It’s the chin implants that distract me….and that every thing on her face is just too tight. 

Yes I think she's also had a facelift. Look at the tightness of her jawline and neck. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think there were a few other women from the Golden Bachelor who were more interesting.

I completely agree. I still wish Leslie had been chosen. She seemed more flexible with her living situation and more fun than Joan. I really think the fact that she lives in Maryland and won't relocate is a big problem.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

She's wearing extensions right? 

That what bugs me about the back of her head--that's her real hair back there.  It's at most shoulder length.  Maybe she couldn't afford to get extensions placed all the way around?  😀

• Like 4
(edited)

It looks like she is putting all her hair in front to make it look fuller. I've seen women do this a lot on TV, and it never looks great. I can usually tell and am picturing how bad their hair must look in the back. 

I think Joan would look prettier and more natural with a shoulder length hairstyle. However, she's obviously not going for the natural look. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 9
17 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Yes I think she's also had a facelift. Look at the tightness of her jawline and neck. 

My father was a dentist. He told me about one patient who had had so many facelifts, she couldn’t open her mouth wide enough for him to work on her teeth. That was truly a cautionary tale for me.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It looks like she is putting all her hair in front to make it look fuller. I've seen women do this a lot on TV, and it never looks great.

At least if it's all your own hair, if you look at it from behind it just looks like it's all pulled forward.  With extensions, what you see is what the person's real hair looks like, and it's never pretty.

• Like 6

Joan looks like Bo Derek in that picture 🥰 So Pretty 

On 9/21/2024 at 9:26 AM, atomic said:

• Like 4

Okay, I’m watching a little delayed so maybe it comes up later, but all those 60-something men settling in to their bunk room, and not a single cpap? I have to suspend disbelief. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Choc is a really nice guy, he has a nice easy way about him. I like him

2 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, I’m watching a little delayed so maybe it comes up later, but all those 60-something men settling in to their bunk room, and not a single cpap? I have to suspend disbelief. 

Sounds like Gregg could use one

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
15 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Family Feud afterwards has the women from Gerry's season

Maybe (hopefully) a repeat?  I channel surfed by one the other day where both teams were Gerry's rejects. 

I love it.  When Taylor Dayne was ending her song with ar ar ar, the last one happened well after she lowered her microphone to her waist.  And the shot right after that of Joan standing there with the guys?  Her dress looks like MC Hammer pants.  😀 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Charles L and Bob would be my choices, hands down. Lovely humans 

I think she sent Bob home.

This is shallow but Chock’s eyes throw me off, they seem watery.

I know I am beating the dead horse here but these men who are so close to their children are probably not going to want to move away.

Gregg seems easy going, he made me laugh doing Pascal’s laundry. He may not be the most good looking of the bunch but I like him.

The Captain may be a bit too tense.

Charles L is too sweet for the Bachelor franchise.

Gary is in the friend zone.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I noticed they are staying away from the Golden Bachelor or at least minimizing it given the debacle of Gerry's short-lived marriage. When they showed Joan's story, they focused on her late husband without going into her brief history with Gerry. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I noticed they are staying away from the Golden Bachelor or at least minimizing it given the debacle of Gerry's short-lived marriage.

And yet in the preview, they have him showing up to giver her some advice.  Which reminded me how much I didn't like him, even before the revelations of his actual life.

Somebody said they were missing their son's 27th birthday to be there.  Do kids these days really do this?  Maybe for a free meal?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I noticed they are staying away from the Golden Bachelor or at least minimizing it given the debacle of Gerry's short-lived marriage. When they showed Joan's story, they focused on her late husband without going into her brief history with Gerry. 

Debacle is the right word for that. FFS, they should just have dated and had fun! 

• Like 2
On 9/25/2024 at 4:18 AM, Sweet-tea said:

It looks like she is putting all her hair in front to make it look fuller. I've seen women do this a lot on TV, and it never looks great. I can usually tell and am picturing how bad their hair must look in the back. 

I think Joan would look prettier and more natural with a shoulder length hairstyle. However, she's obviously not going for the natural look. 

Given his performance at the talent show, I think Pascal agrees with you! maybe he was trying to give Joan a message!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Joan needs to get rid of the ratty extensions; she would look great in a chin length bob. I’m in her age group and she and some of the guys just give off ‘old energy’, not sure I can even describe it. 

I think it is sweet some of these guys are still crying about their late wives but they aren’t ready to be remarried. No woman is going to want constant reminders about the love of someone’s life. If I die before my husband I want him to grieve and to remember me with love but to also move on with life and be happy. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Joan needs to get rid of the ratty extensions; she would look great in a chin length bob. I’m in her age group and she and some of the guys just give off ‘old energy’, not sure I can even describe it. 

I think it is sweet some of these guys are still crying about their late wives but they aren’t ready to be remarried. No woman is going to want constant reminders about the love of someone’s life. If I die before my husband I want him to grieve and to remember me with love but to also move on with life and be happy. 

I have a friend ( I might have mentioned this before), who met a recently widowed man on a dating site. His dying wife set up the whole thing, she died less than a year when he met my friend. He fell head over heels so did she. Then there were small fights. His adult children hated her. There was a rush to get married but that didn't pan out after a huge fight, where he left her in another state. They made up. He started to say nasty things about her weight. I think he wanted her to break up with him, the coward. Not much longer, he dumped her. A week later he was with another woman and less than a year later married. 

The guy was a jerk but his wife should never have set up his dating profile. Yes move on and be happy but the guy never had a change to really grieve her loss. I also thought my friend should have seen it was moving too fast. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)

If I was a drinking person, I’d be down for the count if I took a shot every time these folks mention how important family is. No kidding, your family is important to you? What else are they going to say? Also the blond guy with sad eyes and the familial tremor….I’m fascinated by the “you’re dead” to miracle health story. As a clinician I wanted some detail. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I am completely distracted by Joan's face. Nothing on it moves except for her stretched thin yet puffy filler filled lips and her eyeballs. Her forehead and cheeks are completely immobilized. It's like looking at one of the animatronics at Disneyland! Speaking of......

I am a Disneyland fanatic and I am so jealous of their meal at 21 Royal! It's painful to see them there and no food actually eaten - hopefully they can actually enjoy the experience after being forced to have their sad "I watched my spouse/fiancé get sick and die" and "I love my family" speeches. 

I have to say none of these guys are that great. I like Gary, but he has no chance with her. I think Mark is the best choice at this point, but again, the geography is going to be a problem. I honestly can't get past that when I watch. Nobody is relocating and this is a waste of time.

Kim is this season's Kathy. He needs to calm down. Next week he's going to tell someone to zip it at this rate.

• Like 3

One thing Joan was doing during last night's episode that really irritated me is what I call "participatory listening." While the men were talking telling her their stories, she kept saying, "Mm-hmm, uh-huh, yeah!" etc., etc., etc. It drove me insane. Just listen quietly until they're done talking please. I think she maybe thought that she was just engaging with them but it gave off vibes that she was just barely holding herself back from interjecting with a story about herself. . .and then she'd do just that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
13 minutes ago, JenLily said:

One thing Joan was doing during last night's episode that really irritated me is what I call "participatory listening." While the men were talking telling her their stories, she kept saying, "Mm-hmm, uh-huh, yeah!" etc., etc., etc. It drove me insane. Just listen quietly until they're done talking please. I think she maybe thought that she was just engaging with them but it gave off vibes that she was just barely holding herself back from interjecting with a story about herself. . .and then she'd do just that.

I noticed that, infact  at one point I wanted to tell her to stop interrupting.  It's not the one with the saddest story wins, plus it's irritating to watch.

• Like 7

I used to work with a woman who would do something similar, except she would say "ok" over and over while I was talking. It made me nervous and gave me the impression I was supposed to hurry up and finish... and that she wasn't listening. 

• Like 7

My friend's ex husband is a deadbeat dad. But if you only knew him you would think he was the most loving, involved father. He is the type posting on social media how his kids are his world.

So of course these guys are going to tell Joan (and the public watching) how much their children mean to them and how important family is to them. But it is hard to tell who is really genuine. After watching Gerry's season I am even more skeptical. 

Speaking of Joan's face I noticed abrasions on her cheek last night, her makeup must have rubbed off a bit so you could see it. I wondered if it was from having a chemical peel or filler or something.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I loved her dress during the evening part at Disneyland! Obsessed with it.

Honestly, if I ever went on Golden Bachelor (I've aged out of regular Bachelor (thankfully!)) Disneyland would be my fantasy one on one. Though my Dinner would be at the Blue Bayou where I would get the best Monte Cristo I've ever had. lol And I would totally be wearing a Cinderella princess dress. 

• Applause 2

Her dress looks like MC Hammer pants.  😀 

I thought it looked like an adult diaper under a layer of tulle. Very unflattering and a rare miss from Joan, whom I usually think has good style.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3