Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Loved Ones

Tara Ariano

Fitzwilliam makes a surprising choice.

Fitzwilliam ??  Who ?? I had to look it up, it's the name of the character played by Roger Cross, Palmer Eldredge's manservant.  I never even knew he had a name.  Plus, he hasn't been on screen since Episode 7.  Has anyone referred to him as Fitzwilliam or even Fitz (for short) ?

I wonder if Gabriel Bolivar is ever going to make an appearance again (aside from last week's newspaper photo) ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

So do people think Dutch's revenge on Palmer is hacking his bank accounts and draining him?  I suppose if she could do that she wouldn't need to work for anyone unless she has a code about how far she uses her hacking skills.  I don't know but I think a real hacker would probably balk at bringing down the whole  internet even if he/she could.  It is sort of fouling your own playground.  Also among the unrealistic reactions on this show I think people would be more freaked out than shown if all internet and cellphones went down. 

• Love 1

So do people think Dutch's revenge on Palmer is hacking his bank accounts and draining him?  I suppose if she could do that she wouldn't need to work for anyone unless she has a code about how far she uses her hacking skills.  I don't know but I think a real hacker would probably balk at bringing down the whole  internet even if he/she could.  It is sort of fouling your own playground.  Also among the unrealistic reactions on this show I think people would be more freaked out than shown if all internet and cellphones went down. 

No shit. People freak out if certain sites are down too long...ahem, Facebook. But anyway, yeah, especially in a very tech savvy place like NYC, that shit would not fly for long at all. Heads would be rolling.

• Love 1

Ho-ly CRAP. I was letting myself think that Kelly would somhow be saved, and the next thing I knew, she was killing a freaking KID. Her best friend's kid, no less. I did NOT see that coming. Well played, Show.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 3

I found this episode to mainly be filler. Not a whole lot got accomplished, and frankly I could really give a shit about 3/4 of the episode being about Kelly's adventure into vombie-dom. Although I must say nice move on Fitzwilliam's part....but I didn't really think they'd let both Fet and Dutch get killed off so soon. Especially not execution style in a hallway.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 2

Where did Ephraim find gauze and I'm assuming antiseptic to treat the burn on the street to patch up the homeless woman’s leg?

Kelly is infected. I can't say I’m surprised. So she was the one in the ads with the worm entering her eye. Eek! Her metamorphosis was kind of different from others. Have we ever seen anyone speak seconds before they unleashed their vampire tongue? And she turned a lot quicker than the passengers from the plane. So did her boyfriend and others. I guess the strain has maybe mutated in someway which causes the change to happen a lot quicker. I wonder what the Master wants with her.  I'm guessing it has to do with Ephraim since he's trying to stop the vampire apocolypse.

Internet girl is stupid. Considering how intertwined the internet is with all forms of life and business she should've known to perform the act of shutting it down, even for a day, would result in nothing less that chaos (vampires or not).  For her now to be feeling used and lied to, is rather idiotic, not to mention her decision to run out into the night that's swarming with vampires because she's tired of dealing with the "assholes" at the pawn shop. Stupid.

Glad Curtis (don't know his name on this show), let internet girl and Vasiliy go, but I'm pretty sure he just signed his death warrant.

Not much happened in this episode, just setting things up for future eppies.

Edited by Enero

Hold on -- something about the timelines doesn't add up.

Kelly left Matt after he attacked her and she was infected, she drove to Zach's school, passed out in her car until end of the normal school day, confronted the school principal, drove to Diane's house, infected both of Diane and her son, and then Kelly wandered out into the night for a little rendezvous with the Master.

So when did Diane have time to go and catch Eph and Nora banging on Kelly's bed ?  Did she leave her son home alone ?
If she did encounter Kelly after driving to Kelly's house and catching Eph, why didn't she say something about it when she let Kelly in her house ?  Because that seems like kind of a big deal.

Of course Kelly will probably become one of the Master's lieutenants, kind of like Eichorn, so that Eph can freakout when he discovers this fact, and if there is a cure he can try and save her.

I'm still curious as to why the Internet/telecomms being somewhat screwed up would cause 23 bank failures -- that doesn't make any sense.

Also, where's the vombie death squad? I want them to come back. I'm sure they have a fun backstory too.

Yeah, they seemed to have let that plot thread really fade away -- I hope they show up soon. 

No sign of Gabriel Bolivar either, which is also strange since they committed so much time to him in the earlier episodes.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Hold on -- something about the timelines doesn't add up.

Kelly left Matt after he attacked her and she was infected, she drove to Zach's school, passed out in her car until end of the normal school day, confronted the school principal, drove to Diane's house, infected both of Diane and her son, and then Kelly wandered out into the night for a little rendezvous with the Master.

So when did Diane have time to go and catch Eph and Nora banging on Kelly's bed ? Did she leave her son home alone ?

If she did encounter Kelly after driving to Kelly's house and catching Eph, why didn't she say something about it when she let Kelly in her house ? Because that seems like kind of a big deal.

It was dark out when Kelly went Diane's. I think the sequence was:

Kelly brings Zack to school and goes to her school.

Kelly's school lets out early b

She goes home and is attacked by Matt.

She's wants to get Zack but instead stays in her car all day transforming.

Kelly misses pickup.

Diane picks Zack up and brings him home.

Eph arrives and rescues Zack.

Kelly goes and confronts principal. She's not yet ready to feed but she also on foot and disoriented

Diane goes to Kelly's and confronts Eph.

Diane returns home.

Kelly shows up.

I think we have to allow time for Kelly being on foot and slowed by her metamorphosis.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 3

@lulee -- I can see that working.  It does just seem a little convenient

The other thing that was a little confusing is the 32 hours ago, 17 hours ago, 15 hours ago because the the present day kept moving forward in time.  Was the flashback time always referencing the start of the episode ?  It just seemed odd to me.

And they are playing fast and loose with travel times -- with all the chaos about, especially after dark, there seems to be no problem getting from A to B in NYC.

It's official I hate Eph. He is an asshole. And I need someone to explain to me how Eph is in charge because he's with the CDC? Because what even is the fuck? Is he serious? How do his bona fides help at all in a vampire apocalypse?

What's worse is while everyone else was brain storming and trying to get shit done, he was running around being next to useless, how does that make him the leader?

I don't even like hacker lady, I don't find her hot or particularly sympathetic, but at least she's being a problem solver and is working with the group. She's an ally, idiot! You need all the fucking help you can get. How dumb are you to drive away people who know what's going on and are actively fighting to stop it when most people would be running for the hills?

I would have enjoyed this episode a hell of a lot more if the episode didn't spend so much time following Eph's wife. She's an idiot. And the son, holy shit, he actually turned in a worse performance than last episode, and he was abysmal last episode!

• Love 10

Maybe I missed something, but Dutch and Vasiliy's plan really seemed stupid from the the get-go.  Did they really think that no one wouldn't recognize her from her past visit?  That possibility had to have crossed their minds.  She wasn't even wearing a disguise or anything.  It just came off very dumb to me.  They were lucky as hell that Roger Cross is secretly against Palmer.  I wonder if we'll ever find out what his deal is, or is he just getting set-up for a future death.  Either way, I felt like this entire plot was just filler.

In theory, I understand what they were going for with the A-plot, but since I really haven't been invested in Eph's family stuff (I didn't even know Kelly was her name, until I looked it up), all of it wasn't as gripping as it should have been.  It's too bad since I'm sure Natalie Brown is a capable enough of an actress, but Kelly just wasn't an interesting character to me, so I wasn't wild about following her journey into becoming a vampire.  But, I guess the ending with The Master is pointing towards her being turned into Eichorst-type vamp, so maybe that will make things more interesting.

Eph was just an asshole.  I get he was upset over what happened, but him lashing out at Dutch was just stupid and short-sighted.  And did he really bust out the CDC card, in order to claim leadership over the team?  Dude, cut it out.  At this point in the game, that means exactly squat.  You aren't the leader, jackass.   You'll never accept it, but it's Abraham that most everyone trust with these things, knows the most about what is going on, and is probably the only guy stopping the team from imploding.  He's the guy that is getting people like Vasiliy and even Nora on board.  Not you.  Take that stupid wig of yours and just shove it down your throat, buddy.

Count me as another person who wants the Vampire Death Squad to make their return.

Overall, didn't care for this episode.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

Am I the only who thinks Fet and Dutch being released meant being followed!? Its not like they're trying to hide, but still... Eph and Norah are judgmental assholes for two people having an affair. Chasing off people looking to help you out is dumb. Then again both have shown themselves to be very stupid. Hope they both die.

Anyway, I glad the wife is out of the picture. How much longer do we have to put up with Eph's stupid family drama. I wanna see some action, I wanna see the real vampire vampire hunters. They managed to be more interesting in two minutes than everyone except Fet and the elderly gentleman (can't begin to spell his name).

Anyway, I glad the wife is out of the picture. How much longer do we have to put up with Eph's stupid family drama. ).

Somehow I think this is only the beginning with Ephraim's family drama. Out of all the folks that have been recently turned, it's no coincidence that his wife is called to The Master to do I'm assuming what is specific bidding for him.

I wanna see some action, I wanna see the real vampire vampire hunters. They managed to be more interesting in two minutes than everyone except Fet and the elderly gentleman (can't begin to spell his name.

I bet TPTB will only tease us with them until the fight is really on. Because really the fight is not on yet. Things are still ramping up. NYC has yet to be completely overrun. I agree though I'm ready to see them again and find out what's their deal.

Also what happened to the rock star that was turned? They spent so much time on him but we haven't seen him for several episodes. Is he a loose end that won't get tied up?

Maybe I missed something, but Dutch and Vasiliy's plan really seemed stupid from the the get-go. Did they really think that no one wouldn't recognize her from her past visit? That possibility had to have crossed their minds. She wasn't even wearing a disguise or anything. It just came off very dumb to me. They were lucky as hell that Roger Cross is secretly against Palmer. I wonder if we'll ever find out what his deal is, or is he just getting set-up for a death.

Agreed. The plan was stupid. And even if they did manage to get in without being detected how was she going to get the internet back up and running alone? Didn't she say her and her team took it down? So I assume if it took a team to take it down she would need the same to get it back up and running.

RE: Roger Cross - I originally thought death might be imminent for him. But I don't know now, Visiliy did ask him to join them. He didn't refuse, but he didn't go with them either. Perhaps he might end up being of help down the line in someway.

Edited by Enero

What exactly did Dutch hope to accomplish by confronting Palmer? It all only served for a little character development for a Palmer and the revelation by Fitz.

During the Eph/ Dutch argument I was hoping Abe would come in and knock some heads together. No such luck.

Never cared much for Kelly, but still felt bad for her.

Anyone else notice that Matt was crying inside the bathroom?

That's what it sounded like to me, wish he told Kelly to run like hell.

He was still somewhat human, able to stop himself from attacking her.

i wasn't sure how aware he was - if he stopped himself or if he hadn't grown his sucker appendage fully yet and couldn't feed. Edited by lulee

None of the 'master' plans on this show make much sense...

The old rich guy puts a plan in motion that threatens the financial stability of the world -- so he can be immortal, but poor?

The hacker chick helps to take down the internet -- so she can basically be useless? 

The Master and his evil Nazi butler know who Abraham is and could easily determine where he lives. But the Scooby gang decides Abraham's place is the best place to be? 

This show is starting to lose me... 

It's official I hate Eph. He is an asshole. And I need someone to explain to me how Eph is in charge because he's with the CDC? Because what even is the fuck? Is he serious? How do his bona fides help at all in a vampire apocalypse?

Pity that the only person there who could have said "Is that the same CDC that turned your ass over to the cops as a wanted criminal?" was useless Nora. Still, I'd think everyone but her and the awful child actor would look to Abraham for their marching orders rather than Eph; the former certainly projects a much stronger sense of knowing what he's doing.

I agree with Enero about the handy dandy gauze. Pretty sloppy writing unless I missed something (was Eph carrying a medical bag maybe?)

What is Eph thinking, alienating Hacker Girl? Fet may decide to go with her and, let's face it, so far he is the most valuable member of the group (imo).

I'm probably in the minority on this but I thought that the Kelly actress did a good job. It was kind of subltely creepy with the slight head twitches and confused, painful looks at what was happening to her and around her.

• Love 3

I agree that Nora is useless, but she's still sporting great hair even in the face of the vombie apocalypse. And Mia Maestro is hot [/shallow end].

Is Kelly holding her human form better than any of the other vombies we've seen? She doesn't have any oozing sores (Did the cut on her head heal?) and she still has her hair. I wonder if The Master will get her to pass as human.

One thing that really puzzles me about this show is their insistence on being very specific about the New York neighborhood the action is occurring in. It doesn't add anything to the story. People not familiar with the city won't be familiar with the character of the neighborhood they are trying to portray and people that do know the city laugh at a neighborhood in Toronto being played off as being Bushwick. 

Fet was right to challenge Roger Cross' group to get in the fight. Those guys look like they can handle themselves in a tough situation. 

No Gus, no Seal Team Vombie :(

This was just terrible.  The fun, b-movie vibe isn't even there anymore.  I don't know if I've ever seen such a terrible child actor before.  I'm so not looking forward to this new custody battle that is gearing up between Eph and Vamp-elly.  

The one hilarious thing is that no one has a good plan and none of their plans work anyway.  I especially like how Fitzwilliam is all "I'm on your side cuz vamps are bad but imma go back upstairs and keep caring for my employer while he continues to ready the world for the vamps."  Such a lack of logic it makes my head hurt.  

• Love 2

The Master and his evil Nazi butler know who Abraham is and could easily determine where he lives. But the Scooby gang decides Abraham's place is the best place to be? 

I'm going to speculate that the Master for whatever reason likes to torment Abraham.  He broke Abraham's fingers, knowing that when the camp was evacuated, he would be selected to be killed since he was no longer able to work.  A "you will die knowing that you couldn't stop me" moment.  And then Abraham survived and turned into a formidable opponent.

We haven't seen why/how Abraham's wife (presumably the heart in the jar) was turned and killed and yet he kept going and kept killing vamps.  He boasted to Nazi dude about killing another vamp henchman and dumping the body in the North Sea.  The Master may want Abraham and now Eph to witness the total annihilation of the human race or at least NYC just as a serial killer taunts police while on their spree.  Will Eph have to kill Kelly just as Abraham had to kill his wife?  Will he have to kill Nora or his son?  Will the Master finally kill Abraham or let him be the one to "bear witness" (a Holocaust reference) to the vampire's existence?

I may be giving the show too much credit but it makes sense to me anyway...

• Love 2
anyway, yeah, especially in a very tech savvy place like NYC, that shit would not fly for long at all. Heads would be rolling.

Ah, but it's the modern catch-22.   Where does everyone go to complain when Facebook and Twitter are out of commission?    And with cell service apparently spotty at best, you can't even call or text each other reliably.    If the Master's vampires target the leader's of the various telecommunications services (Verizon, Comcast, etc.) in New York concurrently - very quickly you pass a tipping point where there's no one left to do anything.

Really wanted Fet to falcon punch Eph out of his wig, for being an asshole to. dutch.

Speaking of, what got Dutch so riled up?  The only one being a pill was Eph;  Fet and Abraham seemed to accept her sincerity about regretting what she'd done, and Nora hadn't really said anything, so her "I don't need you assholes" or whatever, was kind of out of nowhere.

I agree with Enero about the handy dandy gauze. Pretty sloppy writing unless I missed something (was Eph carrying a medical bag maybe?)

What is Eph thinking, alienating Hacker Girl? Fet may decide to go with her and, let's face it, so far he is the most valuable member of the group (imo).

I'm probably in the minority on this but I thought that the Kelly actress did a good job. It was kind of subltely creepy with the slight head twitches and confused, painful looks at what was happening to her and around her.

He probably has a medi kit in his truck. Always ready right?

I think Eph was obviously f**ked up at the knowledge that Kelly is turned and Dutch's question about "the wife", was poor timing. Coupled with his usual assholitis, he snapped at her.

I thought Kelly was creepy as hell. I liked that whole sequence. From the gross worm in eyeball, to seeing the inner workings of the human body on the couple that passed by. She did a good job portraying the metamorphosis.

I think Dutch had no intention of confronting Palmer. In fact I'm sure she hoped to get in, do her mojo, then gtfo. Too bad she didn't borrow Eph's wig for a disguise.

I can't stand the kid. Or Nora. Seriously you're going to try to talk Eph out of checking if the mother of his son is ok? Really woman? Did ya think that was going to happen?

The badass vampire hoodie crew apparently doesn't even appear in the first book, so I'm surprised to see them already.

Where is Bolivar and what happened with his tour manager? She escaped didn't she? What a waste of Regina King...

I miss Gus. Can we swap Nora or the kid for him?

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged Book Info
  • Love 4

One thing that really puzzles me about this show is their insistence on being very specific about the New York neighborhood the action is occurring in. It doesn't add anything to the story. People not familiar with the city won't be familiar with the character of the neighborhood they are trying to portray and people that do know the city laugh at a neighborhood in Toronto being played off as being Bushwick.

Perhaps the book is in this format? In any case, I like it. I know it's Toronto, but they're doing a good job of making me forget that. Thank God.

• Love 1

I thought so, too. I liked her more here, than I did in the first episode. I like the little boy, too.

Hated Eph. I like Dutch, more, even if she was stupid enough to take the job. She didn't know the full story, and is trying to put things right.

• Love 3

Palmer and Fitzwilliam are the live action version of Montgomery Burns and Waylon Smithers of the Simpsons.  Just me?

I thought so too. It has been the only time so far this season that I found Kelly interesting. It was kinda interesting to see how 'the change' occurs.  My main issue with it was that she didn't see to manifest the grotesque facial physical changes and the timing between infection and transformation seems to be all over the place. Seems like some people take hours and for some it takes a day others still more. Kelly and Diane still had their luscious locks. I mean seriously, how much time could have possibly elapsed between Diane and her son getting bitten and Eff and his wig wondering into their home? They were already nesting full formed vamps with the tongue and everything.  

I for one was glad to see Diane go. I couldn't stand that horrible fake ass New Yawker accent of hers.

Seriously, is the kid that plays Eff's son related to someone behind the scenes? Matthew Weiner's son looks like a Barrymore compared to him. He is one of the worst child actors I have ever seen. So much so that when next I re-watch an episode of Walking Dead and complain about Lizzie, her sister or Carl, I will stop myself and think upon how much worse it could have been.

Dutch for some kind of tech genius sure seems like an idiot. Is it a case of being book smart and street dumb? I am not as enamored of her as others but she is better than Nora and Eff but not by much.  Eff has a right to his sentiment because she was an instrumental part of what is happening, however, him voting himself as leader based on his CDC credentials was the height of buffoonery. Out of the whole bunch, I like Eff the least, but Dutch did a terrible, terrible thing and got pissy when she really does deserve some level of anger from every member of the human race.

I for one really wanted to know more of the particulars of what her plan was. I am not a tech person but I really wanted to know why she could only correct the issue at Palmer's offices. I thought her and her techs worked remotely? Whatever the case, it was stupid that she would think she could just stroll in their and gain access to what the computer room via the exec cafeteria? Also, it was my understanding that she and her crew slowed down the internet not shut it down which is why every once and a while people can make calls or have internet access. Hard to believe that would cause such an economic downturn.

At the time of airing, I wondered if all new vamp converts got the personal 'welcome to vampirism' special hello from the Master himself, but it makes more sense that the Master is cultivating her specially because of her connect to Eff who is connected to Abe.

WTF happened to the Vamp Squad, rocker dude and Regina King? I'd settle for just Vamp Squad though. Sorry Regina.

• Love 2

Palmer and Fitzwilliam are the live action version of Montgomery Burns and Waylon Smithers of the Simpsons.  Just me?

I was thinking the same thing, specifically of the episode(s) about Mr. Burns trying to block out the sun to bring about eternal night and Smithers was all, "The owls will deafen us with incessant hooting!"  Just replace "owls" with "vampires" and "hooting" with "tentacle barfing."

The infected seem to be transitioning much more quickly now. Lawyer lady, pilot and rock star took days, didn't they? Now it's just hours.

Was Eph driving Matt's Prius? The license plate said SRS GUY. Matt deserved to die for that alone.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 4

For what it's worth regarding the newbie vampire appearance:

In the books, the initial turning happens very quickly.  The genitals, nose and ears atrophy, the skin whitens, the tongue forms, the bloodlust starts, the eyes change color, and the power of speech vanishes within the first day or so. The hair loss happens quickly as well, but the rest happens first.  Their abilities grow and they fully mature after a month or so.  Kelly's only been a vampire for a day or so, so we should be seeing her hair loss as the episodes progress.

• Love 1

I don't like Eph much at all but I will grant him this, if I just figured out my ex who I still love turned into a vamp and killed her best friend and that friend's child and I had one of the people responsible for what happened in front of me I would AT LEAST yell at her.  Especially if she just brought up my spouse.  He was at the time struggling with keeping what he found out quiet so his son doesn't find out about it (yet) so he couldn't unburden himself and then the moron who crashed the internet calls attention to herself.  I would want to punch her in his shoes.  I would for certain not be able to prevent myself from specifically yelling at her that she has a LOT of blood on her hands.  And yes I know she didn't know how bad things were going to be but when you've seen people die and some are family you would not be able to cut her some slack.  I think having to put down a child would also make me snap. 

So while yes I agree he normally is an a****** in this one thing I'm kind of with him AND I rolled my eyes at Miss Pretty Pretty Princess being so sensitive.  In order not to totally turn against the character I am going to choose to believe that the real reason she left wasn't having a hissy fit because she was criticisized but because she felt so guilty despite the bravado, that she couldn't stand being around people who had lost people.  I mean as far as I can tell she hasn't lost anything but money as the girlfriend was alive at least when she stole the back up disks and Dutch hasn't mentioned having to protect any family or friends.  IF she has a developed concience she would feel really bad for the others.  She may feel she doesn't deserve safe shelter.  Of course I fully expect her to turn it around and at least become useful in th resistance. 

I wonder how the Master would/should be determining how many people should become vamps and how he can stop them from making TOO MANY vamps?  What the writers thus far have not seemed to grasp is that prey and predator have to be in balance where there are a lot more prey than predators so really you LOSE if you make everybody a vampire.  It would also make more sense if rich guy wants to be immortal but not want a full on vampire apocalypse.  If I were him I would have gotten my immortality ASAP and then double crossed the Master.  The shape of things to come would NOT favor some rich dude dependent on the NY stock exchange and a functioning economy.  Exactly what do you offer your elite team of security guards that keep the unwashed masses back if money has not meaning and how could money mean anything if nobody is going to work because they are all either shambling around looking for victims or slaying vamps? 

• Love 4

Dear Eph,

Get over yourself, it's not all about being the smatest person in the room.

Because you'll never be, Nobody ever is!

This is some serious stuff, humans are no longer the top of the food chain.

In fact, you're now the prey and becoming an endangered species.

Like yourself, Abe, Nora, Fet and Dutch all bring something of value to the table.

Time to brain storm, arm yourselves , get battle ready and become a Team.

• Love 3

I'm still really irritated that Eph didn't tell Zack about Kelly, or at least warn him that Kelly might be turned.  It makes for drama that Zach doesn't yet know, but it's such useless, gratuitous drama.  It's not like Kelly was infected with Ebola where there's a real chance of survival and where she wouldn't be rushing to her son to spread her germ worms (werms?).  There's no hope for a cure here, little hope of stopping this in it's tracks.  It's especially annoying since they all know that Kelly will be looking for her Loved One.  There's still drama in this if they tell Zach to be prepared for the worst.  The drama just happens to be more intelligent when the characters are acting intelligently.  But, by all means, keep the kid ignorant so he gets killed faster.  

I wonder how the Master would/should be determining how many people should become vamps and how he can stop them from making TOO MANY vamps?  What the writers thus far have not seemed to grasp is that prey and predator have to be in balance where there are a lot more prey than predators so really you LOSE if you make everybody a vampire.  

I think the writers have touched on this.  There's been indication that there's some sort of control the Master has over the vamps.  He was able to control the rate of change with the plane vamps, he can control which vamps operate on a higher spectrum, he can call vamps to him.  A couple of weeks ago we saw the vamps just allowed someone to run right past them and worked as a group to get the lead cast out of the store.  We've been shown that the vamps, perhaps through the Master, have the power to control.  Eventually, they are obviously going to have to stop building their ranks.  Until then, they'd have to build up adequate numbers so that they are a legitimate long term threat.  Can't really take over a country of 300 million with just a couple thousand vamps who can only operate during the day.  Can't even truly take over a metropolitan area of 20 million with such a small number.  

• Love 2

I don't like Eph much at all but I will grant him this, if I just figured out my ex who I still love turned into a vamp and killed her best friend and that friend's child and I had one of the people responsible for what happened in front of me I would AT LEAST yell at her.  Especially if she just brought up my spouse.  He was at the time struggling with keeping what he found out quiet so his son doesn't find out about it (yet) so he couldn't unburden himself and then the moron who crashed the internet calls attention to herself.  I would want to punch her in his shoes.  I would for certain not be able to prevent myself from specifically yelling at her that she has a LOT of blood on her hands.  And yes I know she didn't know how bad things were going to be but when you've seen people die and some are family you would not be able to cut her some slack.  I think having to put down a child would also make me snap.

Yeah. Granted, there's no way Dutch could have anticipated a vampire apocalypse, but she accepted an assignment to disable modern communications for at least several days in the city that hosts the NYSE. Even without the supernatural consequences, destabilizing the national (and possibly global) economy and causing a crash means tens of thousands of people lose their jobs, their homes, etc. And all so she can smirk about what a 1337 hacker she is.

• Love 3

Someone called last week that Zack's little friend would be infected, but they thought he would be Zack's first kill. TPTB better not make that awfully acted little boy kill his awful mother, just so he can end up with his awful-haired Ahole of a father and that awful, bile creature Nora.

The entire episode could have been five minutes long. Kelly is turned, Kelly kills, Master calls. Fet knows black man-servant who let's him and blonde chick live because of prior connection. End episode.

Only possible upside, maybe Kelly can take out Nora, cause I need her to be gone immediately.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

Someone called last week that Zack's little friend would be infected, but they thought he would be Zack's first kill. TPTB better not make that awfully acted little boy kill his awful mother, just so he can end up with his awful-haired Ahole of a father and that awful, bile creature Nora.

The entire episode could have been five minutes long. Kelly is turned, Kelly kills, Master calls. Fet knows black man-servant who let's him and blonde chick live because of prior connection. .

i must have missed that dialogue about a prior connection. What was the dialogue? Edited by lulee

Yeah. Granted, there's no way Dutch could have anticipated a vampire apocalypse, but she accepted an assignment to disable modern communications for at least several days in the city that hosts the NYSE. Even without the supernatural consequences, destabilizing the national (and possibly global) economy and causing a crash means tens of thousands of people lose their jobs, their homes, etc. And all so she can smirk about what a 1337 hacker she is.

And yet Eph didn't boot his friend Jim out into the streets, even though he helped to get the Master's coffin out, and helped with other things, too. He was angry at first, hit him, but then he told him what he could do to help.

I also don't particularly like Dutch, either, but I thought Abe was in charge. I figured she felt guilty, and that they were heading to use the wi-fi at that one building, because what's his name would have wanted to make sure that he could still communicate with certain people.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see how bad the boy actor is. I felt sad for him, as he cried over the video on his mother's phone.

The geography is absolutely atrocious. Not only do none of the exteriors look remotely like any part of New York, but whoever's putting this thing together clearly has no idea of what the city is like. They seem to think that the Brooklyn Bridge is in Bushwick, and that you need to cross the Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn in order to get from Harlem to Midtown. They also misspell several of the street names. I don't know why they bother setting it in New York at all. Every single exterior shot pulls you right out of the story. The instantly recognizable Universal Studios back lot would have been more convincing. It's downright insulting to the intelligence. Edited by wrlord

I was pretty confused by the art-housey foldover flashbacks, but one does not lightly bounce between Woodside, Harlem, Brooklyn Heights, and midtown. And it's probably better not to call attention to these locations by with the labels.