Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 10 "Run the Red Light"

• Start Topic

I guess I didn't understand the reward, the way Jeffy lovingly describe each delectable item on the Applebee's menu (*snort*), I thought they were going to get to place an order from the menu, just like at Applebee's at home.  I was waiting for more product placement.  I expected to see a waiter saying "Welcome to Fiji Survivor Applebee's, may I take your order?"  Then a scene of the contestants debating what to order and discussing the pros and cons of each dish (having been told to do this in advance).

Instead... here is one of everything!  I mean, what a waste.  I know they haven't eaten much but how many people would have been able to eat the spinach and artichoke dip appetizer and then three entrees?

I find it hilarious that none of them ate the EXACT BURGER and all of them left them there untouched.  I was waiting for Kenzie to say she is taking it back for Liz.  I bet she or Maria asked and were told they can't.  

This is mean, but it's Millionaire Liz who I now despise even more than I did previously, so I don't care how mean and catty it sounds, but I thought it was absolutely hilarious how Tiff and others were talking about how they were so stuffed they couldn't even eat the EXACT BURGER.  I was cackling.  And she was so pissed to hear about it hahahaha.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Tango64 said:

You just know there's some poor soul out there who's never been to Applebee's but saw this episode and thought, "Dang, that lady's really losing her shit over that hamburger. I'm going to have to go out and try that."

Applebee's does not seem to have tried to build on this, from a quick look at their Twitter. Pretty subpar.

1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

You know, people with multimillions don't generally go to Applebees's if they live anywhere that has better restaurants.  I lived my whole life until recently in LA and LA county and never even saw an Applebees and it wasn't on my radar. Kind of like Dairy Queen - no interest whatsoever even if I knew where one was. Then I moved to a rural area out of state and honestly it's the usual place folks go. Fortunately ours is okay. I got dragged to one other in another town and it was vile. So there's definitely quality differences between franchises. Anyway, if Liz has that kind of money and lives anywhere that isn't rural I cast doubt on the whole Applebees story anyway.

I mean, no big fan of Applebee's -- don't think I've been to one in a decade or more -- but rich people can have all sorts of culinary tastes and be bound by nostalgia, force of habit, etc. From my quick googling, it looks like Liz lives in the Orlando, FL area, so I would imagine that there are "better" options than Applebee's.

• Like 4

I was disappointed in Ben thinking Q should have given a spot to Liz for crying the hardest.  Can he not look over at Venus? She's not crying, and yet her knees are now the biggest part of her body.

• Like 14
  • LOL 7
36 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I mean, no big fan of Applebee's -- don't think I've been to one in a decade or more -- but rich people can have all sorts of culinary tastes and be bound by nostalgia, force of habit, etc. From my quick googling, it looks like Liz lives in the Orlando, FL area, so I would imagine that there are "better" options than Applebee's.

IMO, there are better options in Western Pennsylvania than Applebee's.  Including Arby's, one or 2 McDonalds, Subway, and even one or 2 Little Caesars (the KMART ones)

• Like 2

In an attempt to take it one step further than JudyObscure as it relates to the disappointment toward Ben, sometimes I'd root for an unpopular outcome.  Or not, but be okay with the following: Q makes a move to boot Ben.  While being okay with losing, he decides to go with an attempt to do whatever it took to stay in the game.  At least until Ben was no longer in the game.  That way of addressing Q's rights or decision to choose people other than Liz would be fine for me.

It doesn't change how great it would be for him to be out, but at least you doing something that shows care in the game of Survivor.  Can't change past actions, but just have to move forward from here

I’ve only read one page so far as I’m a day late watching, but I do not feel for Liz in any way shape or form.

As many have said already, if you want to go on a show where you will be isolated and deprived of most food, but you are allergic to the food available, that’s just stupid.

I don’t like Q, but Liz being hungry is not Q’s problem.

And if you and your daughter have this unbreakable ritual of Wednesday night at Applebee’s, then stay home with her and do your thing. 

People come on Survivor for many reasons, but a million dollars is one of them. Liz has said often that she’s rich and doesn’t need the money. 

You don’t need the money, you can’t eat the food, it’s imperative to you that you maintain a ritual with your daughter from the other side of the world? Why are you here, other than to see yourself on TV?

As to Tiff, I liked her, but this contagious disease of non-idol playing seems to be  spreading. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

Like many of y'all here, I was gobsmacked at Liz's histrionics and the unfettered entitlement she whinged on and on and mofo ON about. Nobody gives a shit if you and your kid go to Applebees and you order that exact item. And if you're allergic to almost everything one would eat on Survivor then dont fucking go on Survivor you moron! But more than that, Liz has been having toddler tantrums since her alleged plan went awry - honestly I can't even remember what her plan was and who knocked if off course but she has thought very highly of her game play and really, next to Bhanu she's the second worst player out there this season, IMO.

Q lost me with his TC meltdown whenever it was, was it last week or the week before? Anyway, now I root for him every challenge because I want him to win all the immunities. Why? Because it fucks up everyone else's game now since they all keep saying they're voting Q out next time, next time, next time. I hope he finds the next idol too, and tells nobody about it. Yeah, I'm all about the Q now, at least until Liz and Venus are gone.

Speaking of, I cannot believe Venus is still there. She's such a nasty little piece of work. I don't think I've ever remembered seeing another player actively talking shit about another player while they're in the middle of a challenge. That was some poor sportsmanship right there. Venus strikes me as the sort of young woman who has coasted on her looks her entire life, always getting what she wants because she's considered pretty. And this is the first time that she hasn't been able to use her looks to get ahead, and I'm here for that shit. 100% her for it! I look forward to the day she's voted out, because I'm tired of her acting like she was behind every vote. I'm sure she'll play this last one as somehow she masterminded it. She's a loon.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

The most hilarious part of Liz crying about having to listen to others talk about not even eating the EXACT BURGER is that she ended her tirade in the confessional with "read the freakin room".  As far as I could tell, Liz is the one that needs to read the room.  The other three who didn't go on the reward, Charlie Ben and Venus, seemed interested in talking about it and being social.  Meanwhile, Liz sits there with her angry face.  The only person that need to leave the room was Liz.

If she somehow make it to the end, I really hope the jury holds this against her.  I don't buy her apology one bit, she's not sorry at all, and to this day as she is watching at home I bet she's still upset about that EXACT BURGER.

43 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Like many of y'all here, I was gobsmacked at Liz's histrionics and the unfettered entitlement she whinged on and on and mofo ON about. Nobody gives a shit if you and your kid go to Applebees and you order that exact item. And if you're allergic to almost everything one would eat on Survivor then dont fucking go on Survivor you moron! But more than that, Liz has been having toddler tantrums since her alleged plan went awry - honestly I can't even remember what her plan was and who knocked if off course but she has thought very highly of her game play and really, next to Bhanu she's the second worst player out there this season, IMO.

Q lost me with his TC meltdown whenever it was, was it last week or the week before? Anyway, now I root for him every challenge because I want him to win all the immunities. Why? Because it fucks up everyone else's game now since they all keep saying they're voting Q out next time, next time, next time. I hope he finds the next idol too, and tells nobody about it. Yeah, I'm all about the Q now, at least until Liz and Venus are gone.

Speaking of, I cannot believe Venus is still there. She's such a nasty little piece of work. I don't think I've ever remembered seeing another player actively talking shit about another player while they're in the middle of a challenge. That was some poor sportsmanship right there. Venus strikes me as the sort of young woman who has coasted on her looks her entire life, always getting what she wants because she's considered pretty. And this is the first time that she hasn't been able to use her looks to get ahead, and I'm here for that shit. 100% her for it! I look forward to the day she's voted out, because I'm tired of her acting like she was behind every vote. I'm sure she'll play this last one as somehow she masterminded it. She's a loon.

I agree with you completely about Q.  I loved Q at first, then grew to dislike his arrogance and his bossiness.  But now that he's stuck around and causes Liz and Venus to go apopleptic, I hope he stays as long as he can and I hope he helps to vote them out.

Venus' comments while sitting on the bench were completely uncalled for.  I do wonder how loudly she was talking, whether we could hear it because of a mike or whether she was audible to the people still in the game.  I agree that she is the type of person who is used to getting what she wants because of the way she looks.  I wish Jeffy had paused the game and lectured Venus about sportsmanship.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
20 minutes ago, blackwing said:

If she somehow make it to the end, I really hope the jury holds this against her.  I don't buy her apology one bit, she's not sorry at all, and to this day as she is watching at home I bet she's still upset about that EXACT BURGER.

I mean…if I'm F7, doesn't my plan now shift to trying to drag both Q and Liz to the end? I would think that would guarantee me the win, or at least a front row seat to the most batshit final tribal ever.

"Yeah, I threw a monkey wrench in everyone's plans time and again, but it got me to the end, didn't it?"

"THIS MOTHERFUCKER OWES ME A BOURBON BURGER."

Jeff ain't got enough popcorn for that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
22 hours ago, Brown44 said:

I'd come to my senses later on but at that moment I don't wanna hear from non of ya'll as I'm walking out.

Yep, I'm with you. That's just my personality. I'll be furious and hurt initially, until I wrap my head around it.

But no way do I want everyone telling me how much they "love me" or I'm a "strong competitor" as they're voting me out.

If I was truly a "strong player", I would still be in the game, so it's more about being angry at myself.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

I mean…if I'm F7, doesn't my plan now shift to trying to drag both Q and Liz to the end? I would think that would guarantee me the win, or at least a front row seat to the most batshit final tribal ever.

"Yeah, I threw a monkey wrench in everyone's plans time and again, but it got me to the end, didn't it?"

"THIS MOTHERFUCKER OWES ME A BOURBON BURGER."

Jeff ain't got enough popcorn for that.

I would rather take Liz to the end than Q.  Q at least is somewhat competent in challenges, and he did make a move to save himself.

When Liz was crowing about how Q blew up her game, I really wish someone had asked her "what game?  You're a legend in your own mind, you've done jackshit other than brag about how much money you have and how many days you haven't eaten".

If she does make it to the end, I want someone to ask her why she destroyed her game over the EXACT BURGER.  She will say she was hungry and fatigued and not thinking straight.  I would ask her if that kind of behavior is something that should be rewarded.

An absolutely hilarious final 3 would be Q, Venus and Liz.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
26 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I agree with you completely about Q.  I loved Q at first, then grew to dislike his arrogance and his bossiness.  

I agree that she is the type of person who is used to getting what she wants because of the way she looks. 

I can't stand Q and Liz gets on my nerves because I still don't understand why she would go somewhere if she has dietary issues?

I think Venus is getting a producer edit because the cast seems drawn to her (despite what we see) and I personally don't think it's because of "her looks" (because the poor thing looks like she's starving and sickly).

Definitely if Maria, or that nice tall guy were in the final 3 with Liz and Q...? I think the jury would be on their side. Q and Liz were annoying at all times. (Maria is playing a good game but it bothers me whenever I see her smug smile because she's ecstatic with her manipulations.)

Clearly I carry too much intrinsic guilt to ever play this game successfully. I tend to be the one blushing fiercely every time I lie or omit details. (I cannot lie to save my life, and I'm loyal to a fault.) So, I'd be voted off first, lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Liz was just cringeworthy. 

She's not owed or entitled to be taken on the prize. If it meant that much to her she should have then won it.  Q didn't have to bring her and the fact she tried to guilt because of her diet restrictions and daughter was pathetic. 

If she has such dietary restrictions, don't go on Survivor. 

Then her tantrum wow. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Definitely if Maria, or that nice tall guy were in the final 3 with Liz and Q...? I think the jury would be on their side. Q and Liz were annoying at all times. (Maria is playing a good game but it bothers me whenever I see her smug smile because she's ecstatic with her manipulations.)

I agree with you about Maria.  I want to like her, because it's rare to have the "older female" playing a good game and doing well.  But she just seems so damn smug.  I just noticed that her chryon says that she is a "parent coach".  What the hell is that?  A life coach for parents?  Teaches and tells parents what to do and provides advice on how to parent?

Seriously?  People pay her money to do this?  Most parents get advice for free from their own parents or from their friends.

It does fall in line with her demeanor though.  She seems used to having people listen to her and do what they are told.

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Maybe not if you're Venus. 😂

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

The most hilarious part of Liz crying about having to listen to others talk about not even eating the EXACT BURGER is that she ended her tirade in the confessional with "read the freakin room".

When she said that I thought "well, they are. You're the only one in the room that seems to have a problem." The others asked them about their Applebee's reward.

I love a good amount of pettiness. If she was going to be a sourpuss about it, I would list every thing I saw on that burger. "The burger looked so good. The patty cooked to perfection, the cheese, the sauteed onions, the mushrooms... and those buns, you should have seen those big buns... and on top of that, we were so stuffed, we didn't even touch the burger."

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I know! I've been joking about Venus going to the FTC, and despite her being disliked and not looped in on any plan, she's still sticking around. I just find that so funny. If she makes it to the FTC and wins... HILARIOUS!

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, blackwing said:

What the hell is that?  A life coach for parents?  Teaches and tells parents what to do and provides advice on how to parent?

Seriously?  People pay her money to do this?  Most parents get advice for free from their own parents or from their friends.

It does fall in line with her demanor though.  She seems used to having people listen to her and do what they are told.

I've done parent coaching. In my case, it was running a class teaching the basics of reward/consequences to parents of special needs kids who had behavioral issues. Other clients were referred by the courts as a condition of keeping their kids.  It was amazing to me how many parents never taught kids how to behave, just screamed, then hit when the screaming didn't work. And parents who have no idea of the basics of feeding, dressing, etc. I could tell you stories.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Rodney said:

Why be glad?  That shouldn't have been his choice.  If they wanted to give up their spot, then it should've been their choice, not his.

I think it is his choice of who to bring. If others want to give up their spot for Liz, that's fine but I just don't think they should get to choose who replaces them. Q should get to choose their replacement because he won the reward and it was his choice of who gets to go on the reward.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Maybe Liz went batshit as an intentional move, thinking, "If I do a screaming fit over a reward, they're all gonna be terrified to vote me off, and eventually they'll hand me the win, too, because I'll just have bigger and bigger tantrums!"

The psycho strategy of every petty tyrant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

IIRC, Liz said she has bought and sold 4 companies and currently owns 2.  I wonder what kind of companies these are.  Do they have any employees?  I have to wonder what people are thinking sometimes when they decide to appear on a reality show.  In many cases, the contestants don't care.  But in her case, assuming she has employees, she is the boss.

If my boss went on this show and made a complete fool of himself like Liz did, I'd laugh so hard.  I think I would never be able to look at him the same way again.  I wonder if she had these thoughts when she decided to go on the show.  Perhaps she doesn't care what her employees think of her.

Which makes me think about whether contestants try not to embarrass themselves.  Hunter seemed very guarded, and I'm assuming it's because he is a teacher and he is aware of how he would be perceived by his students and their parents.  Some seasons ago there was a firefighter named... JD?... that everyone said was so boring because he barely talked.  Turns out he said he was paranoid that he would say or do something that would embarrass him and the fire department.

53 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I've done parent coaching. In my case, it was running a class teaching the basics of reward/consequences to parents of special needs kids who had behavioral issues. Other clients were referred by the courts as a condition of keeping their kids.  It was amazing to me how many parents never taught kids how to behave, just screamed, then hit when the screaming didn't work. And parents who have no idea of the basics of feeding, dressing, etc. I could tell you stories.

Ah, I see, thank you for the explanation.  I have a better understanding of what she might do now.  That does sound like a worthwhile and honourable profession to help troubled parents.  I was thinking it was more like someone parents who are lazy will go to and pay so that they can tell them what to do and validate their poor skills.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

If she does make it to the end, I want someone to ask her why she destroyed her game over the EXACT BURGER.  She will say she was hungry and fatigued and not thinking straight.  I would ask her if that kind of behavior is something that should be rewarded.

This is why I miss the live reunions. You get to ask people questions when they’ve had time to reflect on their & other’s behaviors. And I think Jeff would ask about this, probably because “people on the street” ask him about it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Applebee's does not seem to have tried to build on this, from a quick look at their Twitter. Pretty subpar.

They already sponsored the first sponsored epic meltdown in Survivor history, most of the public reaction to which was unsympathetic towards Liz. I doubt they’d want to hitch themselves onto a sinking ship. I’m sure they’ve already won short term with the number of times the meltdown has been watched and discussed at the water cooler. The DIN stock price went up after last night, possibly just a coincidence. Btw has anyone successfully used the “how dare he not take me when I begged “ line outside of bdsm?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I would rather take Liz to the end than Q.  Q at least is somewhat competent in challenges, and he did make a move to save himself.

I have a new-found respect for Q for not falling for Liz's attempts to manipulate him into taking her on his reward. Her sob story didn't come close to rivaling Bhanu's which Q had to listen to repeatedly for the first part of the game. A contestant who hadn't had that previous experience might have caved.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

OMG.  I just watched the episode.  Liz's entitlement was ridiculous.  My favorite part of the episode, though, was Q's calm "Liz, you voted for me last night."  Damn right.  Q is playing the game and he may have won it with that moment.  I have read that Q is one of ReMax's top agents in the country.  He said he felt for Liz but he has had to fire people and he does what has to be done.

Liz's rhapsody about turning her phone off one night of the week and eating at Applebee's with daughter is the stupidest most fake breakdown on reality TV I have ever seen.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, blackwing said:
10 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Just read article where Tiff stated that both Maria and Kenzie both wanted to give Liz their spot on the reward. Q wouldn't  allow it. What? When was that a thing? If Liz's outburst happened after that then it is more understandable. Why didn't we see that? So help me if it's because Q wins!!!!!!

Q won the reward.  He gets to choose people to take with him.  If the person he chose declines the reward, then he should get to pick the replacement.  Maria and Kenzie had no right to pass on their spot to Liz.  Q didn't want Liz with him at the reward, and that's his right.

I definitely agree that Q should have been able to pick any replacements if his chosen companions wanted to back out of the reward. After all, the reward was also about choosing which three people he would want to spend the night with. And depending on when that outburst happened in relation to Maria/Kenzie offering to swap, he most certainly wouldn't have wanted Liz by his side all night, fed or not.

It makes me wonder if he might have taken Liz had it been just the meal and then immediately returning to camp, whereas in this case, there was extended time to try to strategize as well as an opportunity to have a night away from certain toxic people.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Just watched Q say "it was a business decision."  Reminded me of Brian from Thailand whose attitude was that he was engaging in business.  I know everyone hates Brian but he won.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I feel like Q is playing Survivor 3.0.     His surprise "vote me out" at TC was just the chaos that has never been seen before on Survivor.  Yes people have quit, but this was a different play.   He has rattled everyone into keeping him...good play on his part.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
12 minutes ago, Sunnykm said:

I feel like Q is playing Survivor 3.0.     His surprise "vote me out" at TC was just the chaos that has never been seen before on Survivor.  Yes people have quit, but this was a different play.   He has rattled everyone into keeping him...good play on his part.

Yeah, just when I think Q is on the fruitloops tribe (which is really crowded this season), he'll do or say something smart. After two or three episodes where he was bouncing off the walls, this week he felt like old Q from early in the game: a little bossy but mostly just direct, and very savvy about other players. But like Kenzie said, he's got some apologizing to do. And speaking of Pippi Inkstocking, is she aligned with anyone now? For all her talk of making a move to vote Tiff out, they still seemed to be good friends and I think she couldn't bring herself to do it, at least yet. I've seldom seen her talking in depth with anyone else. But she doesn't seem to be anyone's target, either.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Too bad nobody smuggled their uneaten burger down their shorts for Liz. Mmmm... Shorts burger. Just like Bourbon burger, but shorts-ier.

I might have felt sorry for Liz if she hadn't spent all season feeling entitled and whining about how nobody follows her lead. She must be a joy to work for.

Who wants to bet that Liz's daughter never wants to show her face at an Applebee's ever again?

On 5/1/2024 at 8:37 PM, Rodney said:

And with that, all three people who worked hard to find the idols get voted out with them in their pockets.  First Jem, then Hunter, and now Tiffany.

I laughed when Soda turned and whispered excitedly to Jem about Tiff leaving with an idol. The look on his face, like "yeah, well..." I wonder if they amuse themselves at Ponderosa by trading idols and/or playing hide and seek with them. I mean, they have plenty.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I laughed when Soda turned and whispered excitedly to Jem about Tiff leaving with an idol. The look on his face, like "yeah, well..."

Uh . . . Jem is gone.  Left before jury.

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Uh . . . Jem is gone.  Left before jury.

Oops, I meant Tevin. He also left with a pocket idol, right? If not, never mind. All these idols, can't keep 'em straight.

My three fav moments from last night's episode were:

1. After Liz pauses her histrionic toddler meltdown, Q calmly says. 'Liz, you voted for me last night.' And her face just frozen like DUH!

2. Everyone comes back from reward and talks about how nobody ate their burgers because they were so full. 

3. Liz goes back to camp carrying her stupid jar of rice, but then whines fir someone to start the fire for her because she can't do it herself (I laughed til I almost peed myself watching her jam that flint on the machete like it was George Costanza Backwards Day!). 

Here's a hint:.if you're going to go on Survivor, then teach yourself how make fire you dummy. And speaking of, kudos to what's his name for practicing arm and grip strength for.being on the show! Finally someone with a brain!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

"Dear Santa, I would like ALL THE CHAOS."

Am I crazy for kind of hoping Liz goes off on someone else next week? Liz Roulette! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Carey said:

IMO, there are better options in Western Pennsylvania than Applebee's.  Including Arby's, one or 2 McDonalds, Subway, and even one or 2 Little Caesars (the KMART ones)

Wow, I would imagine that Applebee's would generally be better than most of the sorts of national restaurant chains that don't have dedicated servers and the ability to serve alcohol. I think that it's in a class of restaurants like Chili's, TGIF, Outback Steakhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday. From my memory, I'd rank it at the bottom of those types, but above pretty much most national fast food chains like the ones you've listed that only have counter service.

I'd probably rather have a Five Guys burger than an Applebee's burger, and I might have had a Liz-style freakout if I was denied an In-and-Out double-double (although the last time I had one, I thought it was just meh). 

• Like 1

Although not an experience that represents most of the comments on this thread, I have enjoyed many meals at Applebee's.  Is it the best restaurant to which I've been?  No, but it serves a purpose and has some variety on the menu.  But, I will say that their Mudslide (alcoholic drink) is one of the best I have had.

However, I did notice that when pressed, Liz said she had a burger there and it wasn't until after Jeff said Bourbon Burger that she was suddenly all about that specific burger.  I think she lied about the whole thing (although there was a photo of her and her daughter [?] at a restaurant [although it may not have been an Applebee's]). I think that she thinks she's smarter than everyone else there (including Jeff) that she is not above lieing/faking the Applebee's connection thinking that she would convince someone/anyone to let her go on the reward.  If she hadn't eaten for 3 or 4 days, why wasn't she feeling dizzy like Charlie?  Why didn't she immediately step out for the rice like Kenzie did?  Why didn't she bother learning how to make a fire so that she could cook any food she could have?  None of it adds up IMO.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

They would need a real marketing genius to try and spin a crazy lady screaming  and raging at the heavens over a burger into something positive...I think I would be more scared to try it than anything, lol.  

13 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

We have all earned this and I demand it.

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

When Liz was crowing about how Q blew up her game, I really wish someone had asked her "what game? 

I am still trying to figure out exactly what Liz meant by Q blowing up her game...because she wanted his ouster on her resume and he had the nerve to not get voted out?

Also, that is my dream final 3 for this season.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

If she hadn't eaten for 3 or 4 days, why wasn't she feeling dizzy like Charlie?  Why didn't she immediately step out for the rice like Kenzie did?  Why didn't she bother learning how to make a fire so that she could cook any food she could have?  None of it adds up IMO.

This.  She should've been jumping out of line and running to Jeff to get that precious rice.  Instead, she seemed to hem and haw a bit until her tribemates told her to go for it.  Why would she even hesitate?  If she's so weak and depleted, she knows there's no way she's winning that challenge, so grab the rice, say thank you, and take a seat on the sit-out bench.  You're right, something weird is afoot.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
On 5/1/2024 at 8:54 PM, Tango64 said:

I’m no fan of Q, but he should have said, “Hey Liz, you worked really hard to come to a place where you can’t eat anything. That’s not my problem .”

Yeah didn’t she realize that signing up for this show? Very cringey to watch those scenes with her .

On 5/1/2024 at 9:30 PM, Brown44 said:

Q is out playing them all. Nobody wants to vote him out and he knows it bc they think it's an easy non vote for him in the finals making the jury only deciding between 2 people instead of 3.

They are playing a dangerous game the two or 3 that are actually playing (Maria , Charlie , and maybe Kenzie). The others don’t get me started. Not a fan of Q and don’t respond gameplay but at least compared to many of these fools he’s playing . And you never know what he will tell the jury or what they will think .

On 5/1/2024 at 9:31 PM, Haleth said:

Is this the worst cast ever?  Jeff was practically flashing a neon sign saying “TIFF, PLAY YOUR IDOL!” and she ignored it.

Most of this  cast is terrible minus 3-4 people.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This.  She should've been jumping out of line and running to Jeff to get that precious rice.  Instead, she seemed to hem and haw a bit until her tribemates told her to go for it.  Why would she even hesitate?  If she's so weak and depleted, she knows there's no way she's winning that challenge, so grab the rice, say thank you, and take a seat on the sit-out bench.  You're right, something weird is afoot.

She was waiting to see what others did.  She hesitated when Jeff called for 4 people to sit out, she hesitated when he offered a jar of rice. She wants to whine about being hungry, then ask the others to solve her problem for her.  "Take me on the reward! Get me rice! Start a fire for me! " was she also expecting someone to cook the rice?

They should have voted her off, the explained they did it out of kindness so she could get a burger at ponderosa.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
On 5/1/2024 at 9:36 PM, LadyChatts said:

Well that was depressing.  I was really hoping Kenzie would clue Tiffany in, but I guess this was a way for her to act like she had no knowledge of her going and still get her and her idol out (assuming she was acting at TC as the vote was read).  I feel like Ben and Q practically gave the plan away and she still didn't catch on.  I liked her.  I'm running out of people to root for.  After that secret scene that was posted of Ben and Maria I'm just not behind her anymore.  I think her empathy towards Q is all an act.

But I think Charlie is one to watch.  I know he and Maria are a duo but I think he’s going to make a very convincing FTC argument to the jury about his game if he makes it.  Maria's game is being shown more and she's all about making big moves, but she's talking about it.  Charlie seems to be more in the background, maybe truly pulling the strings.  I didn’t expect to be rooting for him at the start of the season, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him win.

Let’s get the real excitement of the episode.  The part sponsored by Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood.  I feel sorry for Liz, to an extent.  She poured her heart out about why Applebee’s is important to her, and I think Q made it seem like for a split second he was going to take her and then chose Kenzie.  At the same time, as someone who's a so-called superfan, she knew what she was getting into.  She could have easily asked production if they made accommodations for people with allergies.  And if she did and they said no, she could have bowed out.  If anyone’s game got blown up because of Q, it was Tiffany.  She’s the real victim here.  One who should have played her idol, but still, Q blew up her game all because she was playing her own game and not listening to him.  And now he's just trudging along because he's no longer a threat.  I can see why Maria thinks he's a good number.  And I still Liz has no idea how truly on the bottom she is.

I wish Kenzie had clued Tiffany in and hadn’t been pushing so hard for her to go.  She definitely seemed to be having second thoughts and I’m not sure why she thought it was a good move in the first place.  

Overall, a meh episode that didn't live up to the hype that was in the promos and by the cast (outside of Liz's outburst I guess).  I did think it was funny how Venus seemed like she was going to give her a hug and then decided it wasn't a good idea.

Kenzie seems to be winging it as she goes along . One day she what’s to get Tiff out and another day she’s afraid to. Dumb move in my opinion to get your only semi strong loyal ally but they seems to be the theme of the season. I have no idea if she was clueless or faking because she was happy to get Tiff out without any blood on her hands. If it’s the second then she might be smarter than I thought. That would require her to realize the real threat now is Maria . So who knows.

Back to Maria . Admittedly I haven’t watched the secret scene all the way through . I think though it’s just Maria’s style of gameplay . She comes on really strong . To be fair Ben hasn’t done much in the game abc has been clueless. Wrong to accuse him like that of lying about the idol but I’m sure she’s not the only one who thought that. While Maria is a good player compared to many of these fools , Charlie is the real star. He knows the one who is very visible with their moves and plays too hard is the biggest target . And she hasn’t made enemies like Q, yet . 

Charlie can just watch Maria self destruct and get herself voted out with any blood on his hands. With editing we haven’t seen what Charlie and Maria have done together. This also makes me think he’s doing more behind the scenes than we see so the editing won’t spoil the ending because I think he will win. He has all the skills , a great social game and good physical game and strategy game . Everyone liked him and doesn’t seem him as a threat. As a law student he’s a great speaker so I bet he’ll give an amazing speech. I hope he wins .

On 5/1/2024 at 9:36 PM, LadyChatts said:

Well that was depressing.  I was really hoping Kenzie would clue Tiffany in, but I guess this was a way for her to act like she had no knowledge of her going and still get her and her idol out (assuming she was acting at TC as the vote was read).  I feel like Ben and Q practically gave the plan away and she still didn't catch on.  I liked her.  I'm running out of people to root for.  After that secret scene that was posted of Ben and Maria I'm just not behind her anymore.  I think her empathy towards Q is all an act.

But I think Charlie is one to watch.  I know he and Maria are a duo but I think he’s going to make a very convincing FTC argument to the jury about his game if he makes it.  Maria's game is being shown more and she's all about making big moves, but she's talking about it.  Charlie seems to be more in the background, maybe truly pulling the strings.  I didn’t expect to be rooting for him at the start of the season, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him win.

Let’s get the real excitement of the episode.  The part sponsored by Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood.  I feel sorry for Liz, to an extent.  She poured her heart out about why Applebee’s is important to her, and I think Q made it seem like for a split second he was going to take her and then chose Kenzie.  At the same time, as someone who's a so-called superfan, she knew what she was getting into.  She could have easily asked production if they made accommodations for people with allergies.  And if she did and they said no, she could have bowed out.  If anyone’s game got blown up because of Q, it was Tiffany.  She’s the real victim here.  One who should have played her idol, but still, Q blew up her game all because she was playing her own game and not listening to him.  And now he's just trudging along because he's no longer a threat.  I can see why Maria thinks he's a good number.  And I still Liz has no idea how truly on the bottom she is.

I wish Kenzie had clued Tiffany in and hadn’t been pushing so hard for her to go.  She definitely seemed to be having second thoughts and I’m not sure why she thought it was a good move in the first place.  

Overall, a meh episode that didn't live up to the hype that was in the promos and by the cast (outside of Liz's outburst I guess).  I did think it was funny how Venus seemed like she was going to give her a hug and then decided it wasn't a good idea.

I felt bad for Liz at first but then I realized she can’t guilt Q or anyone else to give her the reward. She knew the risks going into the show with her allergies. The whole season she has come off as entitled and acting like she has made big moves but a non entity sadly except maybe as a goat . 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2024 at 9:38 PM, Brown44 said:

Few of them knew Hunter had an idol, why didn't they look for one?

Good point. What’s taking them so long? 

On 5/1/2024 at 10:18 PM, Katesus7 said:

My only takeaway from this episode is a reminder that I think Applebees is total trash. Probably not what they were going for.

Not a fan of Applebees or other like chain places .

• Like 1

I have enjoyed many meals at Applebee's.

I eat there once a year on Veteran's Day, I get a free steak dinner (the smallest steak you can imagine, but hey, free is free). I did go there quite a few times back in the 90's, their Bourbon Street Steak was pretty good. It is better than TGIF (wouldn't even do that one if it was free), Outback is nothing special, out of most comparable chains, I would say Chili's is probably the best, but that's not great either. Texas Roadhouse is quite good, but they crank the music up to 11, I'm too old for that.

I really feel like the producers probably expected that Liz would get enough food to eat through the game, they expected enough people to step out for rice, I even think Jeff's popcorn was really meant for Liz, they probably thought the rest would just hand it over to her, and if it had been anyone other than Q, I'm sure she would have been chosen (he really is a different breed of cat), which, again, I think the producers fully expected to happen. It's kind of comical that all the ways of getting her food within the bounds of the game have been thwarted.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 5/1/2024 at 10:32 PM, tinkerbell said:

I've been to 2 Applebee's locations. Both had a weird mold/mildew smell when you walk in the door. No thanks.  

I'm finding it hard to believe that two of the survivor contestants make weekly trips to Applebee's. It's not some trendy, newer place. The chain has been around for 30 + years.

I agree about Applebees but being in the jungle with so little food, McDonald’s would be like  Michelin star cuisine for me .

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 5/2/2024 at 12:36 AM, Steph Sometimes said:

Liz's big move that she's been craving so much that she can take credit for if she somehow gets to the final 3???

Tell Tiffany beforehand to play her idol. Then Tiff is safe, that horrible Applebee's Monster Q goes home, and Maria/Charlie's big move doesn't work and they may end up in the minority. Liz endears herself (as much as she can) to Tiff and Kenzie. The three of them (plus Venus) pick off the others. 

Dammit. 

You are giving those women too much credit . Great idea though. 

On 5/2/2024 at 12:42 AM, Lantern7 said:

I understand that, but shouldn’t the casting people get the majority of the blame? Maybe Liz applied and left out the allergies, and the production didn’t press her about it. Between Liz, Q,  Bhanu, Jelinsky, the three people who went out with idols, and whatever other irritants that I’m not considering, I would think people would get fired. They’ll probably get promotions because Probst gets hard by the insanity these wild cards bring.

The casting people suck .

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Agreed.  Charlie's been my favorite from the first, but I can't hate Q. I've enjoyed his unpredictable behavior, plus,  I have to admit it,  every time he smiles I'm ready to forgive almost anything.

I don’t like Q’s gameplay personally but at least compared to many of these players he’s actually playing the game. I wouldn’t want him to win against Charlie or Maria but anyone else id be happy if he won.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Wow, I would imagine that Applebee's would generally be better than most of the sorts of national restaurant chains that don't have dedicated servers and the ability to serve alcohol. I think that it's in a class of restaurants like Chili's, TGIF, Outback Steakhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin and Ruby Tuesday. From my memory, I'd rank it at the bottom of those types, but above pretty much most national fast food chains like the ones you've listed that only have counter service.

Applebee's is fine.  While I haven't been to one in quite awhile, the one or two times I went for the full experience was pretty good.  No issues for me.  I can't say the same thing about TGIF; BWW can be hit or miss (rarely the latter), but sometimes things aren't great.  I just concluded it as a busy period and nothing personal.  And it wasn't since the people at the Buffalo Wild Wings I've gone to hustle.  No laziness there.  For me, definitely better than Applebee's.

In terms of quality, of course one would rank it over a fast food place, but not necessarily preference.

7 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Here's a hint:.if you're going to go on Survivor, then teach yourself how make fire you dummy. And speaking of, kudos to what's his name for practicing arm and grip strength for.being on the show! Finally someone with a brain!

This (the lack of not being able to make fire) blows my mind.  And Liz had it in here to say someone wrecked her game.  What game.  While the final 4 fire-making thing isn't unpopular, you sorta need to be able to handle that, or you better win the last IC.  

• Like 3
On 5/1/2024 at 9:47 PM, Carey said:

Speaking of options, I think I'd take the option of simply walking out of TC if I lost.

If I was pretty certain the next TC would be my last, I think I’d simply ask if a coffee table could be placed over the fire pit….

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe because she knew she wouldn't be able to make a fire too cook it?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

IIRC, Liz said she has bought and sold 4 companies and currently owns 2.  I wonder what kind of companies these are. 

On the first episode, she told the others her job was teaching people how to make money sending emails, which sounds completely illegitimate to me. I did find this article and it seems to reinforce that her current company sells spam email lists. And previously, she was a "thought leader" in the RV community, which ... what?

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

However, I did notice that when pressed, Liz said she had a burger there and it wasn't until after Jeff said Bourbon Burger that she was suddenly all about that specific burger.  I think she lied about the whole thing (although there was a photo of her and her daughter [?] at a restaurant [although it may not have been an Applebee's]).

The thing I found a little odd was when she said that the Wednesday night dinner was her and her daughter's only "alone time." She's a single mom, so I would think she and her daughter get a lot of alone time, unless her ex-husband has custody and she only sees her once a week. And if that's the case, that's not Q's fault either. But really, I think that was just a huge performance.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I am still trying to figure out exactly what Liz meant by Q blowing up her game...because she wanted his ouster on her resume and he had the nerve to not get voted out?

Not to get too much into Liz's mind because that way lies madness, but after Tevin got voted out, Liz was crying and spitting mad at Q because he had caused chaos by asking to be voted out at that TC. She kept saying that she had made this great move by blindsiding Tevin and that Q's antics "stole her thunder." I think she had this vision that everyone would be talking about her masterful play, but instead they were all going, "oh that Q, he so crazy." She seemed to think that the Tevin vote was going to cement the win for her, but Q ruined that. I think that's what all her screaming about how he blew up her game and took her spot was about. But even without the Q factor, I doubt she would have gotten any attention for Tevin's vote; it would be the same as the Soda vote, with her and Venus both trying to claim credit.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3