Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Have You Never Been To A Wedding?

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT

Will accompanies Faith to a wedding alongside her son Jeremy, which becomes far from celebratory when a body and a group of gunmen are found in the venue's basement. Meanwhile, Angie and Ormewood grow wary of Crystal's behavior at work.

7 hours ago, fastiller said:

I wonder: how are they going to explain Will accompanying Faith to a wedding?

Just a guess, maybe the reporter b/f isn't available (maybe covering a story out of town), so Will is her "plus one"

• Useful 1

Wow that was a pulse pounding episode and they surprised me at almost every turn.....except the teen waitress murderer bullshit. Maybe it was all the criming in the episode that got me but, that chick needs to disappear and be forgotten. There is not a single fuck in my entire body to give to that girl's damage. Seriously. I will never care about her or her mom or Angie's feelings towards her or about who gave her the hickey or anything at all to do with that storyline. 

I am glad they cut it to have Angie and Ormewood join the main story because goodness, all the excitement from that story came to a screeching halt every time they switched to the B team. And it wasn't needed, at all. Faith was bad ass, and that fight to Cupid shuffle? And the asthma lady getting in the groove while still a hostage had me hollering. 

I wish Betty had jumped between Will and Angie, and kept interrupting til they stopped. Will deserves Cricket. #NeverForget 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Applause 5

Faith, shove some silverware into that sock along with the plastic beads. Faith got the first hit in with that sock, twice, and neither of them even noticed.

Faith came down for a pen? I thought Faith was going to be bad-ass and write that fax message in blood!

Why was the safecracker upstairs serving drinks and even further upstairs looking for Faith instead of trying to break into the safe. He should have never left that safe until the job was done. Their biggest mistake.

I thought Faith would have put up a better fight, she had a lot of time to find weapons. The woman found a better weapon in one second. I was hoping Faith would have gotten so mad about her son, that while she was fighting the woman, she kicked her through the window and shouts, "That's why you stay in school!"

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

Faith was bad ass, and that fight to Cupid shuffle? And the asthma lady getting in the groove while still a hostage had me hollering. 

Loooved both of those moments!  

And let’s talk about Will perfectly posing as the criminal defense attorney and looking very, very dashing in that white jacket tuxedo — aaahhh!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 19
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Loved the episode but sorry that innocent guy died. So much quick thinking by Will and Faith, who were unarmed. Will was turning his cop interrogation techniques into defense attorney advice. 

I’m still shipping Will and Angie, and I will die on that hill.

I was so worried about the fax that fell on the floor. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I love my fax machine. Very happy that a fax machine saved the day. And yes, I was also very worried about the message falling on the floor!

Betty looked very happy when Angie and Will started kissing.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I just don't feel like Angie loves Will the way he loves her. Maybe it's the way Erika is playing it but, it feels like she cares about him because of what they went through together as children and he's her safe space. That is not a good foundation and like Cricket said, Will deserves nice things and I will die on that hill. At any moment Angie could spiral, and she needs some intensive therapy. I don't feel like she can truly love Will or anyone else without putting in the work on her mental health. And her sleeping with her doctor to blackmail him into signing off on her returning to work was some really sick shit, and she did it without any remorse. I don't think Will would ever do something like that, and for me, that's the difference in their damage. I completely get why Angie is the way she is, but I can have empathy for her and still not want her anywhere near Will in a romantic capacity. 

Faith inviting Amanda over for dinner was lovely, and Amanda looked so relieved and happy. Well, as much as Captain Wagner's daughter can look happy lol!

Will was devastatingly handsome in his suit. I loved his tailor - honestly, show, y'all are killing it with the side characters in Will's world. Bring him back and toss murder teen into that sinkhole I keep hoping opens up under Ormewood's house. Please and thank you.  

And that is this show's main problem that I hope they resolve in season 3 - making the APD cops and their stories as interesting as the GBI folks and their characters. I do love Franklin and their boss with his unflappable deadpan delivery. Maybe they can transfer to GBI and scuttle the whole APD plots altogether because it truly feels like 2 different shows, and I only like the one with Will and Faith in it. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Perhaps the best line ever uttered in any show or movie in history: "if she really wants peace and love, she should get a dog."  Yes Will, yes!

What an episode-very intense.  Well, at least very intense when focused on the main story, less so when focused on the "B" story.  Don't care.  Oh, and I really, really, really don't want Will back with Angie-that will only throw him further into his bad memories and reactions.  

And, speaking of Will, he indeed gave off James Bond vibes!  I wish more men would emulate his mode of dressing while more women followed Faith and Amanda's fashion sense (and this very clearly includes me! [not that I could ever look as good as they do]).  

Edited by seacliffsal
I mistakenly thought this was the last episode of the season so deleted that statement in order not to cause confusion
  • Like 9
8 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I’m still shipping Will and Angie, and I will die on that hill.

Same!

Good episode but I always have a hard time suspending my disbelief with hostage situations on TV. But I love these characters so much and there was a lot of great humor so I was entertained.

• Like 6

Another great episode.  Love that the writers threw in quite a bit of humor in the midst of a tense situation.  I think that's why I can overlook the obvious or claring "what the heck?" moments like why was the safecracker acting like the bartender instead of working on the safe or how did the waitress know so quickly that 1 guest was missing.

Will did look good in his white dinner jacket.  Didn't like Faith's outfit.

I don't usually pay attention to Betty's clothes but I did chuckle seeing her in her pjs in the last scene.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Is this the end of season?  Boo

No . I saw a tease for next week at the end of yesterday's ep.

image.png.ab5c1493e528f07adf039ee6e527d964.png

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Is this the end of season?  Boo

No.  Most series seem to have 10 episodes this season so I'd expect there to be three more episodes left. 

12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So enjoyable. was not a fan of the Will and Angie at the end.

Me neither.  It felt very random.  But I expect it's part of a pattern where they get together, and something will tear them apart again. 

I actually liked the brief bits of Ormewood and Angie out and about before they joined the main story.  I don't care about Crystal either but the little bits of humor were a nice respite from the intensity of the hostage situation.

• Like 1

I agree that Will and Angie have a dysfunctional relationship. I think he's also damaged and dysfunctional, though, too (Angie isn't the only problem). His attachment to her is over the top just like her ability to love is under-developed. I agree Cricket was a much better idea.

I thought the "murder teen" killed in self-defense? 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

how did the waitress know so quickly that 1 guest was missing.

She had the guest list of the venue coordinator (actor: Chad Darnell), the guy shot in the back while running away. She must have done a head count which is why she didn't know exactly who was missing.

I believe there will be 10 episodes this season.

2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I thought the "murder teen" killed in self-defense? 

She killed the guy while Angie was arresting him, if I am not mistaken (it has been a while).

• Like 5

In this episode, Faith does a Die Hard! I knew that something would happen at that wedding, that's how these things always go on cop shows, it was a lot of fun. I loved Faith jamming up the radio with the Cha Cha Slide and having a fight scene, it is truly superior to the Electric Slide. They did a really good job at mixing tension and comedy, even if we knew all of the main characters would be fine. Hopefully Faith's friend is sufficiently impressed. 

I cant decide which fashion choice was more instantly iconic, Will in a white suit or Betty in her puppy PJ's. 

I was so glad when Ormewood and Angie finally joined the main plot, their b plot kept taking me out of the intense a plot. It didn't even provide much humor. 

Will and Angie have amazing chemistry, but I think they work way better as best friends than as romantic partners. They have a ton of history and are basically each others safety nets, but are also very dysfunctional in a romantic sense.   

• Like 13

You don’t remember why you guys broke up? Please, allow me to remind you. Your relationship is crazy codependent and extremely unhealthy. It is a barrier to each of you dealing with and moving on from your past. You are trauma bonded and that’s not a basis for a healthy future together. You both need extreme amounts of individual therapy in order to move forward. 
Now stop kissing! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I wish Betty had jumped between Will and Angie, and kept interrupting til they stopped. 

Maybe Betty is a shipper on deck and trying to encourage them.

51 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Will and Angie have amazing chemistry, but I think they work way better as best friends than as romantic partners. They have a ton of history and are basically each others safety nets, but are also very dysfunctional in a romantic sense.   

I agree. I think Will and Angie are a horrible couple. They work as close friends, but romantically it will never work between them. Will on some level knows it's a bad idea. It's like the third or fourth chocolate covered marshmallow. You know it's a bad idea, you know it probably isn't going to end well, but you do it anyway. 

14 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

And let’s talk about Will perfectly posing as the criminal defense attorney and looking very, very dashing in that white jacket tuxedo — aaahhh!

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, speaking of Will, he indeed gave off James Bond vibes! 

Yes to that. It reminded me of a formal dance in college. My date (we were going as friends) was concerned that the tuxedo made him look like a penguin. I told him it was very James Bond and someone else backed me up on that. It's nice to know that women telling men the tuxedo makes them look like James Bond is a common experience. 

5 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

And that is this show's main problem that I hope they resolve in season 3 - making the APD cops and their stories as interesting as the GBI folks and their characters. I do love Franklin and their boss with his unflappable deadpan delivery. Maybe they can transfer to GBI and scuttle the whole APD plots altogether because it truly feels like 2 different shows, and I only like the one with Will and Faith in it. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I realize this pure TVLand logic, but maybe some kind of joint agency task force kind of thing. 

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Perhaps the best line ever uttered in any show or movie in history: "if she really wants peace and love, she should get a dog."  Yes Will, yes!

Agreed. Some of the most accurate words ever spoken in the history of scripted television.  

I enjoyed Die Hard at a wedding, and Will pretending to be a lawyer to save the day. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

She killed the guy while Angie was arresting him, if I am not mistaken (it has been a while).

What is the episode number? I might try to track it down because I can't remember for sure, either.

21 minutes ago, possibilities said:
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

What is the episode number? I might try to track it down because I can't remember for sure, either.

Season 1 Episode 11

• Useful 2

I share Betty's disapproval of Will and Angie kissing. I have no desire to watch that relationship of doom restart.

That was a really good fight scene with Faith. It was more exciting because their skills were equally matched.

• Like 5

Great deployment of the 'Cha-Cha Slide.'   It was a black wedding in Atlanta, no brainer choice. Altho, I can't lie, Ego Nwodim and John  Mulaney have hijacked that song in my imagination forever.  I can't hear it without thinking about their SNL skit.

Let's hear it it for yet another guest character who made the most of their small screen time.  Like Bon Bon from the last episode, Patty the asthmatic volunteer firefighter who 'likes action and can kick like a mule' made her mark.

I thought for sure they were really gonna lean into Die Hard at a wedding and let Faith start dropping bodies one by one.  But oh well, just cute bartender/safe cracker.

I kinda call foul on Spud instantly recognizing Jeremy just from the picture on Faith's phone.  The likelihood of the cross-race effect in facial recognition kicking in was at an all time high in that situation. It was a high stress situation, lots of black and brown faces, seen only fleetingly and not in the same context as the photo on Faith's phone.  Added to which, Jeremy does not have a face that has a stand out feature that makes him instantly more memorable.  It would have made more sense if she had taken Faith's phone with her walked among the crowd and looked at it while checking out faces until she hit on Jeremy's.

But that is just a quibble.  This was a great episode, very action packed, tense at times, and funny at others. 

I also agree that Crystal could disappear yesterday and I would not miss her.  The only possible way I'd see her presence as even slightly interesting is if her being around comes back to bite Angie on the butt for covering up a murder.

And yeah, NOT a fan of Angie and Will rekindling anything.

• Like 15
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Yes, he was kneeling with his hands behind his head I believe and Angie was about to put the cuffs on him when murder teen walked into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, then walked back over and stabbed him in the neck. Angie was deeply stupid for taking the fall and should get fired. But honestly I just wanna forget about the whole ridiculous mess and I can do that if murder teen gets yeeted off canvas. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Patty! That was her name. And agreed, she's another actor who made the absolute most of her role. I loved Will's commitment to his lawyer character, he went all the way in. I do wish they had let Faith either kill a couple more bad guys or at least completely incapacitate them. I hope the mean girls in the wedding know she saved their sorry asses. She should bring that up every time they get together. Just "Hey girl, good to see you. And you know why? Cause I saved your life. Thank me, bitch." I would, I don't know if Faith is as petty as me though. 😉

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
22 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Faith, shove some silverware into that sock along with the plastic beads.

Glass beads, which she didn't put enuf of in that sock. And did she stab the bartender guy with a fondue fork? That was great. She did MacGyver pretty well, I just wanted more of it.

Faith came down for a pen? I thought Faith was going to be bad-ass and write that fax message in blood!

Yes! I too expected her to write the fax in the guy's blood. Too dark?

6 hours ago, HelloooKitty said:

You don’t remember why you guys broke up? Please, allow me to remind you. 

Before they said they didn't remember, I literally said out loud, "Why did they break up?" Not that I want them back together -- I don't -- but I couldn't recall.

Anyway, I thought this was a good ep. I agree with others here that it was jarring whenever we went to the Angie/Ormewood scenes. I don't care about them. I don't care about Crystal. I wonder if the writers are struggling with this as much as I think they are.

Loved all the Bond stuff Will was saying to the mirror. Loved his tailor, too. 

The asthma woman was fun. Loved her boogying to the music. 

When Ormewood shot the guy, I was stunned because it all seemed too soon. There were a lot of great scenes in the wedding/hostage situation -- tense, funny, exciting -- but the ending seemed to come too fast. Maybe if the show hadn't wasted time with Angie/Orm it would have felt better to me.

I'm not happy to see Will and Angie back together. Or whatever they're doing. Blech.

• Like 4

I too was disappointed that Faith didn't write the FAX message with the fake bartender's blood. I also don't think she'd just put her purse with her GBI ID in the corner of the bathroom to hide it. She's smart enough to at least stick it in a drawer.

This is the second time Betty has parked herself on a couch cushion to watch Angie and Will hooking up, so either she really disapproves or she approves too much.

I googled and saw something that said the finale is May 7, but it also said there are 13 episodes and May 7 will only be 8 episodes. So no idea what's happening. Even 13 seems a little short for a second full season, but I guess the writer's strike is still having an effect.

• Like 2

Jim Braswell as Brian, the tailor
Hannah Rae Aslesen as Spud, the woman Faith was fighting    
Phrederic Semaj as Dominique, leader of the thieves

• Useful 1

Action packed episode.  I really enjoy Faith and Will’s partnership and how they have grown to need and trust each other.   Will going out of his way to try and impress people that Faith isn’t even sure she likes and later trusting there is a reason Faith is asking for a pen in the middle of a hostage situation.     

I don’t mind Will and Angie getting together after this episode.   Will needed the closeness.  And she understands better then anyone his childhood even if she wasn’t in the home with the dude who shot his wife.  She understood what he meant when he made the comment about dangerous people raising children (or something to that effect)

Plus there is only a few episodes left before we circle back to Will Trent’s father who was the dude who injured Angie so having them together again again works for the plot.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Even 13 seems a little short for a second full season, but I guess the writer's strike is still having an effect.

A normal network season at this point is usually around 22 episodes. A cable season is around 10-13 episodes. Streaming seasons tend to be around 8-10 episodes. The writers strike delayed the start of the network season, so most regular network shows are around 13 episodes this season. 

@DearEvette I had no idea "Cha-Cha-Slide" was this huge thing in black culture. I am very white and went to schools that were majority white. I remember the song being played at dances, so I just thought of it as a relatively new (as in pre-1990s) party song. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I googled and saw something that said the finale is May 7, but it also said there are 13 episodes and May 7 will only be 8 episodes. So no idea what's happening. Even 13 seems a little short for a second full season, but I guess the writer's strike is still having an effect.

The finale isn't May 7.  My DVR shows episodes for at least the next two Tuesdays (which is as far as it goes.) And in an interview with Ramon on TVLine, they say there are three episodes left. 

10 episodes is short but pretty much every show I watched this season is only producing 10 episodes.  A few made it to 13 but the strike shortened everything on broadcast. 

7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Great deployment of the 'Cha-Cha Slide.'   It was a black wedding in Atlanta, no brainer choice. Altho, I can't lie, Ego Nwodim and John  Mulaney have hijacked that song in my imagination forever.  I can't hear it without thinking about their SNL skit.

It sounds strange whenever I hear the real song because I don't hear "throw the dice, stir those grits, get out your church fans...etc."

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 4/30/2024 at 9:46 PM, AnimeMania said:

exactly! 

• Like 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

@DearEvette I had no idea "Cha-Cha-Slide" was this huge thing in black culture. I am very white and went to schools that were majority white. I remember the song being played at dances, so I just thought of it as a relatively new (as in pre-1990s) party song. 

Yeah, that and The Wobble have displaced the Electric Slide for the fun group wedding dance at black weddings.

11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It sounds strange whenever I hear the real song because I don't hear "throw the dice, stir those grits, get out your church fans...etc."

Don't forget 'Now Beyonce I" and 'Now Beyonce II'!   LOL.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

It's really striking how attached to Betty Will's become.  So affectionate & loving compared to the first episodes with her.  I like it shows emotional growth.  

The "prom" picture was a classic.  But I can't EVEN with Faith's eyeshadow that was clearly teal and did not match her emerald skirt.  The "Ricky Morales" story was cute. And worked out well. 

What's the deal with Angie & the neck scarves?  Nothing else about her clothing choices are 50's housewife.  Strange. And not flattering.

I have an awesome Cuisinart electric fondue pot I love to use.  So much cheese-dipping, it's amazing. 

Why would Faith leave her bag in such an easy spot to find?  That bathroom had a huge chest of drawers she could have stashed it in.  Rookie mistake. 

Good episode, but I hate the addition of the token female thief.  She wasn't believable as a badass and was a very crappy actor.  

Bad choice putting Will & Angie back in bed.  Very bad. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

It's really striking how attached to Betty Will's become.  So affectionate & loving compared to the first episodes with her.  I like it shows emotional growth.  

The "prom" picture was a classic.  But I can't EVEN with Faith's eyeshadow that was clearly teal and did not match her emerald skirt.  The "Ricky Morales" story was cute. And worked out well. 

What's the deal with Angie & the neck scarves?  Nothing else about her clothing choices are 50's housewife.  Strange. And not flattering.

I have an awesome Cuisinart electric fondue pot I love to use.  So much cheese-dipping, it's amazing. 

Why would Faith leave her bag in such an easy spot to find?  That bathroom had a huge chest of drawers she could have stashed it in.  Rookie mistake. 

Good episode, but I hate the addition of the token female thief.  She wasn't believable as a badass and was a very crappy actor.  

Bad choice putting Will & Angie back in bed.  Very bad. 

Wasn't she strangled or injured somewhere on her neck? I thought that was the origin of the scarves. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Wasn't she strangled or injured somewhere on her neck

Based on the truncated quote above your comment, I thought "Betty was strangled???? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? Ha Ha.

I think you might be right about that for Angie.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2024 at 9:46 PM, AnimeMania said:

My husband suggested that too. But I realize she needed an actual pen, because she wrote quite a bit of information on that fax (though we never saw it). The cops knew the address of the place, how many bad guys there were, how many hostages, etc. All that could have been written in blood (maybe with the fondue fork) was something like HELP! GUYS WITH GUNS!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

Based on the truncated quote above your comment, I thought "Betty was strangled???? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? Ha Ha.

I thought the same! What monster would have strangled Betty!?!

7 minutes ago, ALenore said:

My husband suggested that too. But I realize she needed an actual pen, because she wrote quite a bit of information on that fax (though we never saw it). The cops knew the address of the place, how many bad guys there were, how many hostages, etc. All that could have been written in blood (maybe with the fondue fork) was something like HELP! GUYS WITH GUNS!

She could have re-stabbed him. Plenty of blood in that body. :D

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

She could have re-stabbed him. Plenty of blood in that body. :D

"Plenty of Blood in That Body" - the next name for the imaginary death-metal band I'm going to start.  @peeayebee - you wanna join?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3