Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: A Fancy Article And A Scholarship For A Baby

• Start Topic

Sheldon's published paper leads to a frenzy of grad school recruiting, and Georgie tries to speak more properly in front of his daughter, on YOUNG SHELDON, Thursday, April 25 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

• Thanks 1

Love the professors declaring they tried everything to get him to stay. Glad they told him he needs to go.

"...a toast to our complete and utter lack of integrity!"

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Boy, they’re really moving Mandy and Georgie towards their own series. Neither one of them interacted with the Coopers at all in this episode.

I really that they played to George’s strength in dealing with recruiters. He’s right, he’s not a big academic guy, but he knows how to deal with someone comes sniffing around for blue chip talent. And I was really glad to see that Mary was fine about her baby boy going off somewhere. No hand wringing this time! She seems to be really OK with Sheldon moving states away. Although being distracted by having a grandbaby around, might have something to do with it.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

Missy continues to be excellent.  "Are we not done?  It felt like we were done."

Lol and the Fresh Prince theme in the background was just icing on the cake.

I’m glad Sturgis and Linkletter came through for Sheldon in the end. Maybe Linkletter does care about Sheldon as much as Sturgis….deep, deep down.

1 hour ago, jennifer6973 said:

I loved that he chose his school because of weather.   Of course Caltech would have weather like what he is used to.

Just think, if it hadn’t been for that snowstorm, Sheldon might never have gone to CalTech, and TBBT just would’ve been Leonard, Raj, and Howard.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Paging Howard Wolowitz!!

New information regarding Sheldon Cooper's initial grad school choice has come to light, information that you would find highly interesting. (Leading a person to speculate that adult Sheldon's distain for MIT was, in reality, his way of squashing any lingering regrets about going to his "fallback" school, Cal Tech.)

The My Fair Georgie plot was great fun proving that, in small doses, the Cooper Jr. Family can be entertaining. Small doses, Powers that Be. Small doses.

And way to go, Dr. Sturgess and Dr. Linkletter. A toast to your integrity! 🥂

Edited by MollyMelrose
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Just think, if it hadn’t been for that snowstorm, Sheldon might never have gone to CalTech, and TBBT just would’ve been Leonard, Raj, and Howard.

Instead Sheldon would have met Howard at M.I.T. and they would have become roommates together in Boston.  One night Howard gets Sheldon to come out with him to this basement bar he has discovered and Sheldon ends up marrying Diane.

2 hours ago, MollyMelrose said:

Paging Howard Wolowitz!!

New information regarding Sheldon Cooper's initial grad school choice has come to light, information that you would find highly interesting. (Leading a person to speculate that adult Sheldon's distain for MIT was, in reality, his way of squashing any lingering regrets about going to his "fallback" school, Cal Tech.

Yeah.  Sheldon totally blew it by being scared off by a little snow and running off to his second choice instead but could never admit it. 

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6

Wasn't it nice to see Sheldon and Dr. Sturgiss interacting together again? No phone call from somewhere far away, but both actually in the same room?  I couldn't help but be a little sad thinking this may have been the final goodbye.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

I loved that he chose his school because of weather.   Of course Caltech would have weather like what he is used to.

I can relate. I grew up in the northeast and I was sure I wanted to go to college in a place with a long cold hard winter. During winter of my freshman year of high school, we had a debate tournament in MA. After one weekend, I completely changed my mind about what I wanted. I can only imagine how much of a shock it must have been for Sheldon who never experienced anything like that before. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Dimity said:

Best episode of the year! 

Of the series!

This episode was perfection.

Missy was even more phenomenal than usual.

Georgie was The Bee’s Knees.

And, @MollyMelrose, can we be best friends? My Fair Georgie. Just you wait, Audrey McAllister, just you wait!

Wendie Malick is an acting goddess. 

I am actually warming up to the Morose Mandy spinoff.

• Like 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I can relate. I grew up in the northeast and I was sure I wanted to go to college in a place with a long cold hard winter. During winter of my freshman year of high school, we had a debate tournament in MA. After one weekend, I completely changed my mind about what I wanted. I can only imagine how much of a shock it must have been for Sheldon who never experienced anything like that before. 

To be fair, even George agreed with him.

It’s so typical of Sheldon. He looks down on geology because the girl who got him into it (and probably had a crush on) called him a child. He disses engineering because the professor challenged him. And he can’t bring himself to admit he turned down MIT because of the weather, so he acted like it was beneath him. But he shouldn’t beat himself up over it: CalTech is a great school and things worked out great for him there.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 8

"I know what you're thinking ... Wait for it."
(Adult Sheldon, get out of my head!)

I enjoyed Sturgis and Linkletter trying to explain Sheldon's paper, and Sheldon explaining it to MeeMaw, "Do you know what a square is?", and then jumping to multiple dimensions.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Wasn't it nice to see Sheldon and Dr. Sturgiss interacting together again? No phone call from somewhere far away, but both actually in the same room?  I couldn't help but be a little sad thinking this may have been the final goodbye.

Yes, it was immediately a different feel seeing them all back together. 

And yes,  I suppose that's it - but Sturgis and Linkletter went out as heroes!

• Like 13
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Love the professors declaring they tried everything to get him to stay. Glad they told him he needs to go.

"...a toast to our complete and utter lack of integrity!"

I'm so glad someone was really thinking about what was best for Sheldon on a personal and professional level. He was ready to move on and face new challenges.

11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I really that they played to George’s strength in dealing with recruiters. He’s right, he’s not a big academic guy, but he knows how to deal with someone comes sniffing around for blue chip talent. And I was really glad to see that Mary was fine about her baby boy going off somewhere. No hand wringing this time! She seems to be really OK with Sheldon moving states away. Although being distracted by having a grandbaby around, might have something to do with it.

One of the nice things about this is that it explains so much about the gap between when this show will end and when Leonard comes into Sheldon's life. George got him a car and driver so it makes sense how Sheldon got around before Leonard and others drove him places. George negotiated the perks that made it possible for a teenage and young adult Sheldon to live independently. It's probably the most impactful practical thing George ever did for Sheldon and it got him through what seemed to have been a very empty and lonely period in Sheldon's life. It's very sweet.

I do wish the show would explain what's changed in Mary for her to become so lackadaisical with Sheldon's safety after seasons of her being the Mil V-12 of helicopters. Was it going to Germany and living a life for a few months free of housework? Was it seeing Sheldon move around in the world more independently? Was it a matter of necessity when there was no room for him? But even then, the Mary of a few years ago would have slept on the floor to make sure Sheldon wasn't in a dorm with teens and 20 somethings an hour a way. Is it that she's more into kids when they're younger and the baby has replaced Sheldon? I always assumed the big change in Mary would happen when she was widowed but there has been a huge shift this year and I don't know why.

8 hours ago, Skooma said:

Yeah.  Sheldon totally blew it by being scared off by a little snow and running off to his second choice instead but could never admit it. 

Scared is unfair. Snow and winter require a whole set of skills Sheldon has never developed and a new wardrobe that he would have to acquire. Just being good at walking in snow is work. Balancing on an icy sidewalk is hard. I've lived in a snowy winter climate my whole life and if I had an easy way to go to Southern California instead, I would take it. The schools were otherwise equal and whatever gut feeling Sheldon had about MIT, he's allowed to change his mind when faced with new information.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Sheldon might never have gone to CalTech, and TBBT just would’ve been Leonard, Raj, and Howard.

I might have liked that even more!

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I'm so glad someone was really thinking about what was best for Sheldon on a personal and professional level. He was ready to move on and face new challenges.

One of the nice things about this is that it explains so much about the gap between when this show will end and when Leonard comes into Sheldon's life. George got him a car and driver so it makes sense how Sheldon got around before Leonard and others drove him places. George negotiated the perks that made it possible for a teenage and young adult Sheldon to live independently. It's probably the most impactful practical thing George ever did for Sheldon and it got him through what seemed to have been a very empty and lonely period in Sheldon's life. It's very sweet.

I was thinking the same thing. That and the fact that living alone caused him to lose whatever small social skills he might have had before he met Leonard.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, appositival said:

"I know what you're thinking ... Wait for it."
(Adult Sheldon, get out of my head!

I thought that was the best voiceover of the series. I can just picture the collective audience going "Huh?!!" when Sheldon announced he was going to MIT. I know I did! 

I agree this was one of their best episodes. It was a little bittersweet because I have the feeling this was the last time we're going to see Dr. Sturgis and Dr. Linkletter. If so, I'm glad they went out on a positive note. 

Missy telling Sheldon she was turning his room into a dance studio was priceless. I really hope one of the remaining episodes focuses on her, rather than limiting her to zingy one-liners.

George handling the recruiting process like the father of an athlete was hysterical. He's a lot smarter than his family gives him credit for. 

I'm really going to miss this show. 😭

• Like 14
1 hour ago, mammaM said:

I was thinking the same thing. That and the fact that living alone caused him to lose whatever small social skills he might have had before he met Leonard.

Sheldon had at least one roommate before Leonard, Sebastian, who wrote "Die Sheldon Die" on the wall of his room and told Leonard to "Run fast, run far."

17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I really hope one of the remaining episodes focuses on her, rather than limiting her to zingy one-liners.

I hope so too, but doubt it.

• Like 5
(edited)

My middle daughter was a bit of a scholastically Sheldon-eque prodigy. 
We went to Boston to see one college and it was a dreary freezing rain.
The next day we went to NYU and the sun was shining. Almost 30 years later, she still lives there. 
So when George and Sheldon stepped out into the howling nor'easter blizzard of Boston, I finally, literally, laughed out loud. 
Thank you, show.

•.¸¸.•*´¨`* •.¸❊¸.•´¨`*•.¸¸.•

16 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m glad Sturgis and Linkletter came through for Sheldon in the end. Maybe Linkletter does care about Sheldon as much as Sturgis….deep, deep down.

4 hours ago, vibeology said:

The way I saw it was that whatever genuine concerns Sturgis, Linkletter, and President Hagemeyer had for Sheldon were tiny beside their ultimately selfish reasons for wanting him gone. I still loved them for what they did, but their mutual desires to have Sheldon elsewhere (albeit Dr. Sturgis not so much) seemed to be the punchline behind "a toast to our complete and utter lack of integrity!" 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Missy telling Sheldon she was turning his room into a dance studio was priceless. 

That was funny and pure Missy. However, the sweet honest conversation beforehand was also pure Missy. She was genuinely trying to help her brother make a huge important decision. They might not like each other, they may not get along with each other, they may not understand each other, but deep down they do love each other and want what's best for each other. 

George sees the big picture and has always been concerned about Sheldon's future in his own way. He wants Sheldon to be able to live and function in the world. It was wonderful that the series found a way to let George's skills/experience be incredibly useful to Sheldon. I love that George was almost immediately able to see that it's the process of recruiting a star and knew exactly what to do and how to handle it. 

• Like 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I really hope one of the remaining episodes focuses on her, rather than limiting her to zingy one-liners.

George handling the recruiting process like the father of an athlete was hysterical. He's a lot smarter than his family gives him credit for. 

I'm really going to miss this show. 😭

I would be more inclined to be interested in the Morose Mandy spin-off (love it!) if Missy were a part -- its a shame Regan Revord isn't going to be a part of it. 

I wonder if Wallace Shawn improvised the "literally" comment when saying Sheldon outgrew him. 

Knowing what's about to happen, I had a little sad when George and Sheldon were in the airport heading to Boston -- George's "I'm proud of you son" and the eye contact they had.

I think it was the "son" that got me. Even tho' George has been a total retcon, I don't care because I really like what they did with the character. I'm sure there was a little personal in that as well between the actors considering that Ian has basically grown up on this show. 

Highly overlooked in this episode was Zoe Perry's non-verbal acting. First the eye-roll of acceptance when talking with George about Sheldon being the only kid that they'll be able to "monetize," and then when MIT was talking about their non-denominational church -- the way she took her hat off and the look she gave George was top-notch non-verbal acting. 

Edited by Sailorgirl26
  • Like 12
3 minutes ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

then when MIT was talking about their non-denominational church -- the way she took her hat off and the look she gave George was top-notch non-verbal acting. 

I'd forgotten that was MIT. So Mary probably prayed about it and now believes her prayers were answered. To be fair, I think a storm of that magnitude is referenced as an "act of God" in many homeowner insurance policies.

• Like 5

I loved that George was the one to take Sheldon to visit Massachusetts since he was the one that took him to Cal Tech earlier in the series. I did laugh when they saw the snow and immediately went back inside without even visiting MIT. 

The scene with Drs Sturgis and Linkletter telling Sheldon to go to a prestigious university was wonderful. It reminded me of the video that the high school teachers made when it was time for Sheldon to graduate. I also loved the final scene with the professors and the dean. I would watch a spinoff about the college  with these actors (it would probably be better than the Georgie spinoff coming up). 

• Like 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, MollyMelrose said:

Paging Howard Wolowitz!!

New information regarding Sheldon Cooper's initial grad school choice has come to light, information that you would find highly interesting. (Leading a person to speculate that adult Sheldon's distain for MIT was, in reality, his way of squashing any lingering regrets about going to his "fallback" school, Cal Tech.)

Astronaut Howard Wolowitz that is. The snow-deciding choice of Caltech seems only marginally consistent with TBBT, where Sheldon broadcast is MIT distain by characterizing MIT as merely a "trade school." There was scant indication I recall in TBBT that that characterization was wholely based on where Howard Wolowitz went, though reading his characterization that way would make the two shows more consistent on this point.

Also, I don't get how a peer-reviewed journal article could be published with a named author unaware he was to be named as a co-author, or even aware it had ever been written. What exactly was author Sheldon's contribution if he didn't even know the article had even been drafted, let alone submitted with his name as an author?

Edited by ahpny
  • Like 4
58 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

The scene with Drs Sturgis and Linkletter telling Sheldon to go to a prestigious university was wonderful. It reminded me of the video that the high school teachers made when it was time for Sheldon to graduate. I also loved the final scene with the professors and the dean. I would watch a spinoff about the college  with these actors (it would probably be better than the Georgie spinoff coming up). 

I would absolutely watch a show about Drs Sturgis, Linkletter and the Dean. She's the reasonably sane person at the center and the rest of the core cast are some of the faculty, admins, and the recurring characters would be other staff, like coaches, the board, and VIP donors. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:
2 hours ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

then when MIT was talking about their non-denominational church -- the way she took her hat off and the look she gave George was top-notch non-verbal acting. 

I'd forgotten that was MIT. So Mary probably prayed about it and now believes her prayers were answered. To be fair, I think a storm of that magnitude is referenced as an "act of God" in many homeowner insurance policies.

here’s link to some photographs of the non-denominational mit chapel. it was designed by eero saarinen, who also designed the saint louis arch.

it is a peaceful, and truly spiritual place  

mit chapel

• Like 6
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, ahpny said:

The snow-deciding choice of Caltech seems only marginally consistent with TBBT

Sheldon was willing to move to Bozeman.  I assume he knows it snows there.

19 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

The winter of 1993-94 in Boston is second place for snowiest winters for the city with 96.3 inches.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2

I have never understood why Georgie doesn't use correct grammar, since the rest of his family does. Has it ever been addressed? I wonder if the writers put the storyline of Georgie talking to C.C. using correct grammar because that is how they are going to write for him in the spin off? 

I am so sad that "Missy" will not be in the spin off. She has been my fav character for quite awhile, with George and Georgie tied for second. I hope that at least the writers give us a Missy-centered episode before the end, but I am not counting on it. 

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, ahpny said:

Also, I don't get how a peer-reviewed journal article could be published with a named author unaware he was to be named as a co-author, or even aware it had ever been written. What exactly was author Sheldon's contribution if he didn't even know the article had even been drafted, let alone submitted with his name as an author?

Many science journal articles list as authors everyone who worked on the study, including students.
So, yes, Sheldon should have been aware of this, but, he probably wasn't reading her emails (hence the letter, although it wasn't explicitly stated in the episode).

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Quark said:

"Do you know what a square is?"

Brilliant line, brilliant episode.

This reminded me of when I asked my son something similar about a math class he was taking.  I didn't know what the title of the course even meant, so I told him to dumb it down and he sighed and simply said, " really hard math."  😄

7 hours ago, vibeology said:

Was it seeing Sheldon move around in the world more independently? Was it a matter of necessity when there was no room for him?

I think it's a little bit of all of these. She has slowly seen how Sheldon is becoming more independent, and I think she knows that to keep him home is really detrimental to him, and it would be unfair to stifle him academically.  Also, I liken it to when your teenager starts driving a car.  The first couple of years are full of anxiety, but over time you get used to it.  You don't necessarily like it, but the anxiety lessens, and you get more used to it.  Mary has had some time to get used to this change, and although she will still have worries and won't like it, she is ready to let him go off to college.

3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I love that George was almost immediately able to see that it's the process of recruiting a star and knew exactly what to do and how to handle it. 

I'm so glad that they course-corrected this show away from George having an affair to someone quite likeable (as he was at the beginning of the show) and quite capable of handling certain things for Sheldon. I'm also happy that Mary followed his lead in the interviewing process.

Edited by Chit Chat
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

here’s link to some photographs of the non-denominational mit chapel. it was designed by eero saarinen, who also designed the saint louis arch.

it is a peaceful, and truly spiritual place  

mit chapel

Not if your name is Mary Cooper! 😆

• LOL 9

The MIT chapel hosts services of many religions, plus weddings and occasional non-religious events.  Maybe Mary was imagining that there were only non-sectarian services.  If she can't tolerate a chapel that sometimes has services that are not her particular flavor of Baptist, she can go soak her head as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Driad said:

The MIT chapel hosts services of many religions, plus weddings and occasional non-religious events.  Maybe Mary was imagining that there were only non-sectarian services.  If she can't tolerate a chapel that sometimes has services that are not her particular flavor of Baptist, she can go soak her head as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, I don't think that would de-brainwash her. 😉

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, vibeology said:

'm so glad someone was really thinking about what was best for Sheldon on a personal and professional level. He was ready to move on and face new challenges.

I'd liked this so much and I thought this was also true of Mary and George.  They were obviously tempted by the offer to give the other kids and the granddaughter free rides at university but in the end they left the decision up to Sheldon.   

19 hours ago, Skooma said:

Instead Sheldon would have met Howard at M.I.T. and they would have become roommates together in Boston.  One night Howard gets Sheldon to come out with him to this basement bar he has discovered and Sheldon ends up marrying Diane.

😄

I did wonder if Sheldon and Howard would ever, theoretically,  have crossed paths if he had gone to MIT and I'm thinking not likely given it will be at least another 4 years before Howard graces MIT with his presence!

22 hours ago, anna0852 said:

And I was really glad to see that Mary was fine about her baby boy going off somewhere.

I think last year and now this whole season they've been building up to this, in earlier episodes it was weird that Mary seemed fine with Sheldon staying in the dorms.  But now I think we're seeing that Mary knows Sheldon is going to have to leave home sooner or later, and as we see it's going to be sooner and she's made her peace with that.  I loved that the whole family did see that Sheldon is so far beyond them academically that they can't even begin to understand what he's studying.

• Like 5

I wonder why they didn't mention that George and Sheldon had already visited Cal Tech.

They may have had good memories of the cafeteria.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, ahpny said:

He knew it had been written, he said “It’s the paper I wrote with Mei Tung.”  I’m guessing it was a class paper that ended up being submitted for publication.  Not sure why he did not know that it had been submitted.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

To be fair, I think a storm of that magnitude is referenced as an "act of God" in many homeowner insurance policies.

Nah, that wasn’t much of a storm.  They didn’t even cancel flights.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, shura said:

Not sure why he did not know that it had been submitted.

Just in case you missed this:

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

he probably wasn't reading her emails (hence the letter, although it wasn't explicitly stated in the episode).

or did you just think that's not what we were supposed to glean from what was revealed?

What an episode!  I have to agree with a lot that's been said about it so far.  I also thought the show was trying to make young Georgie more like older BBT Georgie by getting him to speak properly.  I always thought it was strange that he spoke so differently from the rest of his family. 

And yes, it was bittersweet to see the East Texas Tech trio of Dr. Sturgis, Dr. Linkletter and the university president.  I've missed all of them for a while now and was wondering if we'd see them again.  If this was their send-off at least the show did it justice.  I hate the thought that I won't be seeing Wendie Malick anywhere anymore as she's been popping up in shows I watch for over 30 years now.

And yes to the beautiful chapel at MIT!  I've actually been there.  That's what happens when you have a husband that's into architecture, specifically church architecture.  When we heard it mentioned on this episode we squealed.

And yes to the weather in Boston.  Living in CT I get to see the Boston area weather on my TV every morning and I know I bitch about the weather here in the Hartford area but I wouldn't trade it for the Boston weather ever.  Where I live we might get snow or rain in the Winter depending on the weather pattern but they usually get snow there even when we don't.  

This episode left me with a good feeling.  It was good to have a Sheldon-centric episode for a change even though there was still plenty of "The Georgie and Mandy Show".  It's too bad we won't be seeing Sheldon in that series.  Or maybe we will every now and then.  I haven't come across anything on that subject. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Just in case you missed this:

he probably wasn't reading her emails (hence the letter, although it wasn't explicitly stated in the episode).

or did you just think that's not what we were supposed to glean from what was revealed?

My guess is, they didn’t give much thought to why Sheldon wouldn’t know about the paper.  Lorre’s depiction of academia is pretty unrealistic anyway (like the time on TBBT when a professor died and then everyone applied for tenure a few days later, just because).

Normally, it is the corresponding author’s responsibility to contact all the other authors listed on the paper before submitting it so that they could know exactly what is being published, agree to be an author, make corrections, etc.  The corresponding author is almost always a professor with a research group and funding for the research described in the paper, so, realistically, Sheldon would be ignoring the professor’s emails rather than Mei Tung’s.  And then, when the paper gets submitted, the authors get an email from the journal too, asking them to verify that they have indeed authored this paper and to sign disclosures and whatnot. So Sheldon would have to have ignored correspondence from this prestigious journal as well. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I'm glad that Dr. Sturgis & Dr. Linkletter came clean with Sheldon about their motives and did what was best for him.  It was interesting that they didn't breathe a big sigh of relief that he will be moving on.  They were rather poignant about it. As much as he was a thorn in their side, I think they actually liked it when he challenged them academically.  

I loved how Mary & George worked as a team when interviewing all of the college prospects.  They made a good team! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

This episode left me with a good feeling. 

Same!  Like others posting here I haven't been too happy about the gambling or the baby storylines and the past few years with Mary and George seemingly on the verge of divorce wasn't my idea of a comedy but this episode was the Young Sheldon of the first couple of years of the show.  I just hope the final few episodes keep this tone.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chit Chat said:

I'm glad that Dr. Sturgis & Dr. Linkletter came clean with Sheldon about their motives and did what was best for him.  It was interesting that they didn't breathe a big sigh of relief that he will be moving on.  They were rather poignant about it. As much as he was a thorn in their side, I think they actually liked it when he challenged them academically.  

I loved how Mary & George worked as a team when interviewing all of the college prospects.  They made a good team! 

Yes!  I liked how the show conveyed their new found respect for Sheldon when they realized his paper was over their heads.

• Like 4
  • Love 1