Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02 Living the High Life

• Start Topic

(edited)

Airs Wednesday, March 27th.

Top Chef Colorado winner Joe Flamm joins Kristen for the Quickfire Challenge, tasking the chefs to create a dish featuring hops.

Edited by ProudMary
Added additional episode info.
  • Like 2

It was nice watching everyone work together; I think Kristen and Joe were pleasantly surprised there was such camaraderie already.

I like that the team with less fine dining experience turned out the best food.  Alisha didn’t understand Rasika’s dessert, but I don’t know what she was thinking with her own.  She’s lucky several of her teammates, including Rasika, put out killer dishes. 

My mouth pretty much dropped open when the red team announced their plan to hit the diners with a salt bomb right up front.  I often don’t notice progression, especially with this many courses, but in this one I found theirs weird, so was not at all surprised to see it noted at the dining table. 

Charly spending all that time making scales out of potato chips didn’t seem to be amounting to anything at the time, so I was not at all surprised to see his dish so ill received at the table.

Valentine’s soup looked pretty, so I was bummed to hear it was so bad texturally. 

I would have no idea what to make with hops, so was curious to see what everyone did in the QF.  I found Laura’s dish the most interesting based on everyone’s descriptions as they presented, so was glad to see her win.

• Like 15

I can't imagine having to make a dish with hops! I've never seen it in anything but beer. Michelle is either an amazingly talented chef AND really downplaying her comfort with the challenges (pasta, hops), OR an amazingly talented chef with amazing food muscle memory. For lack of a better analogy. Last episode, at least the way they edited it, the winner and the loser both were outspoken about making pasta, but Michelle killed it and David Murphy (sexy sexy) sucked. I think being competitive-- wanting to win and getting that adrenaline rush that creates focus and resolve and energy, definitely helps, but the best player in the world can't make talent. 

I really like Kenny, although I actually kind of think he really should have gone home last episode since he really *ed up with not putting out the basics of the rules-- light and dark meat. IMO, he's really lucky the producers wanted sexy David gone, or that his food was really just that bad. Plus, he kept whining about how to cook "trash." Dude, praise the lord you are still around, boo!

I love watching them all chit chat while they are cooking, keeping the mood light. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Those Wisconsin accents are going to do me in. That "comedian"'s voice was nails on a chalkboard. 

Poor Milwaukee chef dealing with a degenerative disease. But good for him for going on the show while he can!

5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Plus, he kept whining about how to cook "trash." Dude, praise the lord you are still around, boo!

Yes! That really put me off of Kenny. 

Edited by oldCJ
  • Like 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Is that a new, permanent stew room?  Certainly an improvement over the old supply closet if is.

Isn't it different every city?

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Like 4

I loved the episode, and seeing the Miller Caves.     That's something I love about the changing cities for TC, seeing the local sights.   

I couldn't believe the 'palate cleaner' dish Alisha did.   I couldn't believe the Red Team doing a deliberate salt bomb.  

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loved the episode, and seeing the Miller Caves.     That's something I love about the changing cities for TC, seeing the local sights.   

I wish that the producers of Top Chef Canada would pay attention. It’s always set in Toronto (and the grocery store that they use is owned by one of the chef judges). 

Edited by hula-la
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 6

That sounds awful.

Drinking beer out of the champagne glasses was cheesy.  Why didn't they use champagne flutes?  They're just skinny beer glasses.  Or just give everyone a flagon.

I thought the soup that the losing chef made looked great and sounded like a great concept.  That's the problem with not getting to taste anything.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Is that a new, permanent stew room?  Certainly an improvement over the old supply closet if it is

I had the sense that it was part of the Miller "campus" but could be totally wrong.

I thought that "three olive crackers" dish guy should have gone home. It's almost always a bad idea to do a "duo" or "trio" of anything. It makes it easy to forget what you actually made. 

Speaking of olives, it seemed both used those awful (IMO) green olives stuffed with pimentos. Did they have to use that kind rather than tastier ones?

The Miller branding (esp in the Quickfire) was cheesy. And Joe saying that he loves a Miller High Life at a Michelin star restaurant. Riiiiiight.

I knew that the local guy with the disease wasn't going to go home this episode. I doubt they would have highlighted his disease if that were the case.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 10:18 AM, meep.meep said:

I thought the soup that the losing chef made looked great and sounded like a great concept.  That's the problem with not getting to taste anything.

Yes, I thought the soup looked and sounded good too, but as soon as Kristin started talking about everyone at one time making the mistake of putting potatoes in a blender/food processor, I knew he was toast.  The gummy, wallpaper paste texture when you do that is unforgiveable, and if I knew how to do a screen shot, I'd do one of Tom's look of disgust as he just moved his spoon through it.

It made me grateful for the explanation, because otherwise I was afraid it would be Kevin, whom I like (I have a thing for French men!), though I think he might turn out to be style over substance.  I wonder what place he got in Top Chef France.

After just two rounds, Manny (the Mexican chef) and Michelle (pit master) are looking very strong.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 12
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think her name is Michelle?

Thank you, yes.  Corrected.  I knew there was something not quite right.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

That sounds awful.

Drinking beer out of the champagne glasses was cheesy.  Why didn't they use champagne flutes?  They're just skinny beer glasses.  Or just give everyone a flagon.

Regarding the champagne glasses, it's how they brand the beer, and Miller High Life was paying big bucks I'm assuming, so champagne of beer it is. The brand ambassador was there, and man, she was SERIOUS. The only thing she said that made it to the edit was about one dish being perfect with beer. The challenge was pretty cool, as all those salty snack foods do taste great with beer as beer is pretty much sodium free (why people crave junk food when drinking). Also really popular in Wisconsin, which I love, is having a beer chaser with a bloody mary. It's awesome. 

It seemed like Valentine's "soup" would have been better as a dip of sorts. Fondue maybe?

Michelle is a smart chef and smart shopper. She incorporates the high end proteins and saves with cheaper ingredients and less of them. (lobster and corn for example). Manny's dishes being Mexican seem like they require a lot of ingredients, but he is pulling it off. 

It's been awhile since I've been to Madison, but I would love for them to stop at Ellie's Deli (I think it's a museum now) and the Dane County Fair. They show them at the Farmer's Market on the square, which is awesome. Those were my favorite places there in the 80s! Also would love for them to make a stop at the Cave of the Mounds, and Baraboo for the circus!

Also, I'm not sure how this is really a "new" top chef. Besides the obvious missing Padma, everything seems pretty much the same. The format also has some changes here and there. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
59 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

It made me grateful for the explanation, because otherwise I was afraid it would be Kevin, whom I like (I have a thing for Frenchman!), though I think he might turn out to be style over substance.  I wonder what place he got in Top Chef France.

We were told that he was a finalist. I looked it up a bit further. He finished second.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

We were told that he was a finalist. I looked it up a bit further. He finished second.

was he the one that made the "three olive" thing? I definitely thought that was designed to look good more than taste good.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, dleighg said:

was he the one that made the "three olive" thing? I definitely thought that was designed to look good more than taste good.

Yes, that was him.

(edited)
14 hours ago, oldCJ said:

Those Wisconsin accents are going to do me in.

Accents?  That made me laugh because I live about 200 miles south of Milwaukee and they sound perfectly normal to me.  It reminded me of when Jeff Mauro first came on the scene at FN and people were complaining about his awful Chicago accent which I didn't notice unless I looked for it.  It also reminded me that, when I first moved to the Midwest from Buffalo, the locals thought I had a terrible accent.  I guess you notice what you're not used to.

3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

it's how they brand the beer, and Miller High Life was paying big bucks I'm assuming, so champagne of beer it is.

Yes.  Their jingle for years was "Miller High Life, the champagne of bottled beer."  I toured the brewery years ago and the pipes and machinery several stories high were kind of awesome.  And they gave us free beer at the end.  :)

I don't like Amanda.  Apparently Charly is brighter than he looks.  I like Michelle.  The rest of them are still in a "to be determined" category.  I don't even have most of their names straight yet.

I did not know that it's possible to cook with hops.  I'd never seen one and had no idea what those green things were when the segment opened.  I was impressed by how well most of the chefs were able to cope with them.

Edited by mlp
Add a comment.
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

Something that stood out to me was how gracious the chefs were in responding to the judges, including addressing them as "chef". And how nice they were to each other. 

• Like 16
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, oldCJ said:

Those Wisconsin accents are going to do me in. That "comedian"'s voice was nails on a chalkboard. 

Poor Milwaukee chef dealing with a degenerative disease. But good for him for going on the show while he can!

Yes! That really put me off of Kenny. 

Charlie Berens' whole shtick is a super exaggerated Wisconsin accent. He's actually a journalism major from UW Madison with a lovely speaking voice.  His Manitowoc Minutes are YouTube classics.  He has 4 sold out shows this weekend in Milwaukee  - we love him. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Yes, I thought the soup looked and sounded good too, but as soon as Kristin started talking about everyone at one time making the mistake of putting potatoes in a blender/food processor, I knew he was toast.  The gummy, wallpaper paste texture when you do that is unforgiveable, and if I knew how to do a screen shot, I'd do one of Tom's look of disgust as he just moved his spoon through it.

2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

It seemed like Valentine's "soup" would have been better as a dip of sorts. Fondue maybe?

Well, in addition to not liking the texture, they also said it lacked any flavor of the bar snack he was working with, "toasted corn kernels" (i.e. Corn Nuts). Gail pointedly said, "There's fresh corn and there's toasted corn kernels, and they're not the same."

• Like 10
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

I kept wondering if he actually understood the challenge.  His teammates didn't help by saying they wanted to start with a flavor bomb! I remember on the global all stars where the format and judges were all what we have in the US, a lot of the non-American chefs mentioned how different things were like the shopping themselves, etc.   

Actually, Tom said at one point a lot of the chefs didn't understand the challenge and were just turning snacks into other snacks so maybe there's an overall communication issue? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really enjoyed this episode!   As a midwest native, I still love ya, WI.  But now I hoppily live in the hoppiest place in the USA.  Especially during Fresh Hop season!

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc3ccf8798ed892245ebfbbeef4d41d.jpeg

Edited by kirklandia
  • Like 7

Anyone else loving Rashika?  I loved her comment about talking about herself in the third person.

Here's a link to a video when Nyesha Arrington visited Rashika to learn about the restaurants 3-day ribs.  Looks like Rashika has some serious chops.

PS:  Is it okay to post this here?  I'm a bit afraid of getting my wrist slapped.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I liked hearing that Amanda is a D&D player, but then I am a passionate cook who spends every weekend in one to three different D&D games so our Venn diagrams really line up.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, mlp said:

I don't like Amanda.  Apparently, Charly is brighter than he looks.  I like Michelle.  The rest of them are still in a "to be determined" category.  I don't even have most of their names straight yet.

Charly really impressed me with his command of the kitchen. He really is confident and competent, lots of super focused exacting energy. I see him going far.

Personally, I think beer complements everything, but maybe another thing that made this challenge hard to cook for was that it was introduced as "make something goes go well with beer" and "snack food go great with beer." I should write for these guys. Instead, the intro should have been something about making a progressive meal that would pair well with beer, that most people would never associate with beer. That would make it more difficult and interesting to see what they would make to pair with it.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I asked myself the same question about the champagne flutes and found that they sell the old fashioned wide mouthed champagne glasses on the Miller website.  Then I looked at old ads online and found that those v-shaped beer glasses they traditionally used in them already looked a lot like champagne flutes and a few old Miller ads and signs from before the flutes became popular showed the wide mouthed glasses to make the point of it being the "champagne of beers" so I'm guessing that they're sticking with tradition and just want to make sure we get it that they're using champagne glasses and not beer glasses.

I agree about the soup's appearance being deceiving.  I thought it looked great, but lack of taste and the wrong consistency is a big problem.  I was sorry to see him go but I won't miss looking at his scruffy, long beard.  I get it that this is TV but that beard would be under a net for sure in a restaurant kitchen.  When Tom told him there was always "Last Chance Kitchen" I thought what a long shot it would be to come back from that when you're one of the first chefs to be sent home.

I see I'm not alone in being impressed by Charly.  Another case of appearances being deceptive.  In this case, though, it's delightfully so.  I found myself not wanting anyone to go home and it's early in the season yet for me to feel that way so that was significant.

I loved the cave setting and never knew about it so I was interested to learn about that.  Wisconsin is one of the 10 or so states I've never been to and I don't know much about it other than it's famous for cheese.  Then as soon as I wondered when they were going to do an episode surrounding cheese I saw the coming attractions, lol.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

The female chef who tried the "I say WIS - you say CONSIN!" fueled me with irrational angst when I heard that.  I'll probably still cheer for her, there don't seem to be any standout villains at the moment, so I'll chalk it up to "dumb things people on television say".  

Rasika is my early pick for Fan Favorite.  I think she's in for the long haul here. 

I keep wanting to call her Radhika. Wasn't there a Radhika on the show?  I can hear her name in Tom's voice. I'll forget to google this the second I open a new tab lol

• Like 5
20 hours ago, oldCJ said:

That was Charlie Berens, you should check out his YouTube stuff, he's really very funny.  He plays into the Wisconsin/upper Midwest tropes, like being super polite, hating people from Illinois (like me) and shopping for every occasion at Farm and Fleet.  However, he disappointed me here, he seemed really out of his element.  Maybe he was just there for the beer, although based on his videos I'd say he was more of a Leinenkugel's guy.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, I Want My MBTV said:

Actually, Tom said at one point a lot of the chefs didn't understand the challenge and were just turning snacks into other snacks so maybe there's an overall communication issue? 

I didn't really agree with his take there.  Putting them into two groups who had to work together basically gave them the impression they'd be presenting competing tasting menus.  Usually in tasting menus, the courses are small and that's what they gave them.  The whole experience isn't something they normally think about when working on their own.

10 hours ago, mlp said:

I did not know that it's possible to cook with hops.  I'd never seen one and had no idea what those green things were when the segment opened. 

I believe an Iron Chef episode had "hops" as a secret ingredient.  I know I've seen it once before.

I ate at the Driftless Cafe this summer so it was exciting to see the chef/owner at the table.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I see I'm not alone in being impressed by Charly.  Another case of appearances being deceptive. 

I'm confused by this (and another one or two statements other like this). He was on the bottom, wasn't he, for his potato chip encrusted fish? What impressed you?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm confused by this (and another one or two statements other like this). He was on the bottom, wasn't he, for his potato chip encrusted fish? What impressed you?

Can someone else answer this?  I know you didn't mean to single me out but I'm tired of having to defend my opinions.  It was just an impression I had. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
(edited)

I think the chefs were a little confused by this challenge, but some fun dishes came out of it all the same. That pretzel dessert must have been some dish because it's wild that won.

Slowly getting to know the chefs! Still love Manny. He's such a cheerleader for the other chefs, and I love that. Michelle too! I like Amanda a lot as well -- maybe it's the (D&D) game recognizing (D&D) game going on there, but to make a palate cleanser interesting is pretty good work. Gail being all "I know we were crapping on the concept, but whoa" was pretty funny. I think Kevin with an accent is cute, but Manny is cuter, so it's okay if la France doesn't viva very long on the show. The dude who made the pave potatoes is clearly a talented chef, but I wish when he was getting all that praise, he'd shared some of the credit with his team for giving him the inspiration and helping hands.

The reverence to Miller High Life does make me laugh, but I'm a snob, so don't mind me. My closest encounter was accidentally getting sprayed with some when a friend was attempting to recreate a Miller High Life mimosa he'd had at a brunch spot. That stuff can fizz!

I generally know everyone's name by the time they're two episodes in, so it does bug me a bit that I can't place everyone yet. Some of the younger female chefs especially are blurring together for me, and I don't know why. Still, solid challenges so far, but I hope next episode allows them to solo cook, not be teams or in-group head-to-heads.

Edited by Rai
  • Like 4
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Regarding the champagne glasses, it's how they brand the beer, and Miller High Life was paying big bucks I'm assuming, so champagne of beer it is. The brand ambassador was there, and man, she was SERIOUS. The only thing she said that made it to the edit was about one dish being perfect with beer. The challenge was pretty cool, as all those salty snack foods do taste great with beer as beer is pretty much sodium free (why people crave junk food when drinking). Also really popular in Wisconsin, which I love, is having a beer chaser with a bloody mary. It's awesome. 

I did notice that Kristin didn't drink her beer in the last toast they all did at the dinner.  She lifted the glass and then put it down on the table.  I don't know if she drank any of it previously.

As for beer chaser after a Bloody Mary, isn't that what a Michelada is -- beer and tomato juice and spices?  I've never had one but it sounds good :)

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Rai said:

The reverence to Miller High Life does make me laugh, but I'm a snob, so don't mind me. My closest encounter was accidentally getting sprayed with some when a friend was attempting to recreate a Miller High Life mimosa he'd had at a brunch spot. That stuff can fizz!

Laughing at them referring to Miller Light as the champagne of beers does not make you a snob, it means you have a sense of humour, or perhaps irony.  Also, you're a better person than me, since I sneer when I hear it.

Then of course, there's this, when cases of it were destroyed in customs for misappropriating the term champagne.

https://www.foodandwine.com/miller-high-life-destroyed-belgium-customs-champagne-7483246

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rammchick said:

I did notice that Kristin didn't drink her beer in the last toast they all did at the dinner.  She lifted the glass and then put it down on the table.  I don't know if she drank any of it previously.

As for beer chaser after a Bloody Mary, isn't that what a Michelada is -- beer and tomato juice and spices?  I've never had one but it sounds good :)

Beer is really filling, so maybe Kristin is trying to save some room in her stomach. Or maybe she is being really picky about what she puts in her stomach. She's pencil thin, and she was talking in an article about her strategy for handling all the eating. I think she said she was going to be extremely picky, just bites and only really eat something if it's beyond delicious. One thing good about Padma was she wasn't afraid to eat and gain some weight.

A Michelada is in the same category as the Bloody Mary, and I've actually used my beer chaser and added it right on in to the Bloody. The chaser is supposed to cut the spice and salt of the Bloody. A palate cleanser of sorts. So Kevin with the accent did have the right idea for the salt bomb, at least for me, as I have been known to order a Bud Light for dinner on more than one occasion and can appreciate the type of food that goes well with beer. But because it is so filling, it's hard to have with a lot of food- definitely best with snacks. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I keep wanting to call her Radhika. Wasn't there a Radhika on the show?  I can hear her name in Tom's voice. I'll forget to google this the second I open a new tab lol

Yes, she was eliminated in Restaurant Wars in season five.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Can someone else answer this?  I know you didn't mean to single me out but I'm tired of having to defend my opinions.  It was just an impression I had. 

The way he worked impressed me. He had total command of the kitchen, his space, was authoritative yet a team player, took control, great communication, was a real leader. I think he can win. I personally wouldn't define him by some poorly cooked fish--  I think he's talented enough to learn quick how to up his game, AND I think he said this dish was the most technically difficult thing he has ever made, so pretty good sign he is willing to take chances and push himself.

I think he's cool as hell. I don't care what others think, and if you don't like him, that's your problem. I'm not changing my mind. 

LOL. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So. No one else thought that Amanda was still quietly laughing closed eyes for a long time after her talking head ended when she was telling her experience with hops? It was like the film crew was waiting for that to stop and realized she was in a memory zone and just cut away. I found it endearing. 
This episode was meh for me with the only highlight being just getting to know the personalities better, the comedian, and learning that maybe Wisconsin dude isn’t a jerk. 
There was something on Reddit about Top Chef this season saying it seemed filmed differently, more chaotic. I get that sense also, it isn’t as relaxing when I am watching  very late, after midnight at night as is my normal routine for this show.

(edited)

Was Charley criticized for anything besides one plate having undercooked, actually I think the person said it was raw, fish? I was excited for him during the episode and I did the pooched out bottom lip thing when I saw his reaction to being told about the one fish plate. He stood out this episode from a film crew perspective so I hope it is for the good and not that he is doomed, dundundundundunduuuuuuun music

eta I am so damn sick of my latest iPhone update that does predictive/space accepts predictive word crap! I am beyond sick of having to edit. Effword you Steve Jobs for not taking care of this before you kicked the bucket

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Was Charley criticized for anything besides one plate having undercooked, actually I think the person said it was raw, fish?

I think there was also a comment that he didn't do anything "interesting" with the potato chips, but I don't remember the exact wording.

ETA: I just checked: they also said that both the black bean puree and the beurre blanc were under-seasoned.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 6
(edited)

@dleighg gotcha. I think if more had grasped the concept of  (Tom speaking at judges table to that chef) “you said it would be like eating French onion dip and it was” before making their plans there would have been more good plates put out. I think pretzel dessert chef did understand that angle and helped her win.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

The way he worked impressed me. He had total command of the kitchen, his space, was authoritative yet a team player, took control, great communication, was a real leader. I think he can win. I personally wouldn't define him by some poorly cooked fish--  I think he's talented enough to learn quick how to up his game, AND I think he said this dish was the most technically difficult thing he has ever made, so pretty good sign he is willing to take chances and push himself.

I think he's cool as hell. I don't care what others think, and if you don't like him, that's your problem. I'm not changing my mind. 

LOL. 

Thank you, you said it much better than I could earlier today!  🙂  I agree, he seems like a cool guy, but not someone I would have pegged as a cool guy if I didn't hear him open his mouth.  He looks more like an average guy than someone with 2 James Beard award nominations and his obvious talent and communication skills.  One reason it's not fair to make assumptions based on appearances (and one criticized dish)!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I liked seeing what the cheftestants produced in both rounds.  I loved seeing the Miller Caves.     I'm hoping the cheftestants included a beer, cheese, and other local foods in their personal recipes they practiced for the  season.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

That was Charlie Berens, you should check out his YouTube stuff, he's really very funny.  He plays into the Wisconsin/upper Midwest tropes, like being super polite, hating people from Illinois (like me) and shopping for every occasion at Farm and Fleet.  However, he disappointed me here, he seemed really out of his element.  Maybe he was just there for the beer, although based on his videos I'd say he was more of a Leinenkugel's guy.

I love Charlie’s videos, too!  I wonder if they filmed more of him but edited it out?  I was hoping to see more of him, too.

The guy whose farm provided the hops for the competition had a Viewing Party at his brewpub.  My sister went to it; was also hoping they’d show more of him.  He’s near the teeny tiny town of Paoli, WI.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

He said, "if anyone isn't going to finish their salmon,  you can pass it over here." or something like that, since it sounded like they were dissing on it. Or it could have been the potluck comment-- he said something like if this dish was at a potluck, they would definitely be invited back." Or something like that.

In both cases, it was pretty funny. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 5

Heh, Ferran’s idea. I make the one in  Dorie’s Around My French Table” and agree, it would are a fine app. Otoh, the whatever Kev & Co. did that was chips and dip tasting!