Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

My thought of the day - Leon was the orginal recipe Aurora. Hung on Kodvid's every word and didn't seem to want to break out from the restrictive bubble they grew up in. Was willing to follow the polygamous path (am I imagining they asked Kodvid if "anyone had asked about them" regarding marriage when they were in Vegas? It might have been one of the other older ones though). Had Leon not gone away to college, who knows how their life would have turned out. Absolutely nothing like it has, I'd bet.

Day'unAuroraBrianna have no chance of that freedom. I have genuine concern for the girls in particular. They're going to end up married off to nutjobs like Kody if they don't get some breathing space. I mean, I don't know for sure that Brianna isn't going away to college but history suggests she will not.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

Someone on TikTok did a screen capture of the artwork on the walls of Robyn's McMansion.  Now I have no idea if those stunning works of art are originals or prints, but most of them, looked up on various websites, run $1500 - $5,000 per "pitcher."  

I never looked too closely at the art itself, I was always just gobsmacked that Robyn could cram 5 or 6 different pitchers into one small alcove of her house (making me wonder about the portions of the house that we don't see).  When the TikToker pulled up each one, I had to laugh.  They are all over the place.  Two of them look like airy, flowy renditions of what one might see looking out a window in Hawaii, done mostly in whites and soft blues.  One large print has a giant horse standing over a field of what looks like fire, with a tiny man walking through the field (lots of orange and red).  I can't remember the other one but it was of similar horse/fieldery.  So if she's going for a theme here, I can't figure out what it could possibly be...possibly memories of her honeymoon mixed with a wish for Kody to be standing on a burning Coyote Pass while Janelle's horse runs by?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Someone on TikTok did a screen capture of the artwork on the walls of Robyn's McMansion.  Now I have no idea if those stunning works of art are originals or prints, but most of them, looked up on various websites, run $1500 - $5,000 per "pitcher."  

I never looked too closely at the art itself, I was always just gobsmacked that Robyn could cram 5 or 6 different pitchers into one small alcove of her house (making me wonder about the portions of the house that we don't see).  When the TikToker pulled up each one, I had to laugh.  They are all over the place.  Two of them look like airy, flowy renditions of what one might see looking out a window in Hawaii, done mostly in whites and soft blues.  One large print has a giant horse standing over a field of what looks like fire, with a tiny man walking through the field (lots of orange and red).  I can't remember the other one but it was of similar horse/fieldery.  So if she's going for a theme here, I can't figure out what it could possibly be...possibly memories of her honeymoon mixed with a wish for Kody to be standing on a burning Coyote Pass while Janelle's horse runs by?

They always reminded me of those terrible gaudy prints from an MLM scam my family was involved in when I was a kid, called "Home Interiors." I believe you can still buy some of their junk but I'm not sure it's an MLM anymore. Maybe they were bought by another company. Very Thomas Kincaid. I doubt they're originals. Robyn likes a lot of stuff, but very little of it is high quality.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Someone on Reddit commented that they are surrealism paintings by Vladimir Kush and that there is a gallery selling them in Vegas. Also that they are Giclée prints, which is a high resolution archival quality print that sells at a high price. They may or may not be signed prints and if professionally framed that would increase the price. Art is so subjective...it's a to each their own.  My husband's father does beautiful paintings and then went on a surrealism kick. He has won awards, and I can appreciate the paintings...but I just don't "get" them.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Robyn likes a lot of stuff, but very little of it is high quality.

I just can't figure out her aesthetic - she owns the entire Precious Moments collection, crams random artwork over every square inch of wall space, her dining room seems like something Katherine of Aragon might've enjoyed, and her velvet boudoir looks like a Vegas hotel room circa 1974.  Based on the glimpses inside her house and the stacks of Amazon boxes, she seems to be spending Kody's money faster than he can earn it.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 18

They always reminded me of those terrible gaudy prints from an MLM scam my family was involved in when I was a kid, called "Home Interiors." I believe you can still buy some of their junk but I'm not sure it's an MLM anymore. Maybe they were bought by another company. Very Thomas Kincaid. I doubt they're originals. Robyn likes a lot of stuff, but very little of it is high quality.

I remember those!  My friend had an awful "pitcher" of a brown tree on a goldenrod background.  

Sobbyn has very little taste.  Look who she ended up with.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I had some westie dog figurines from them 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I just can't figure out her aesthetic - she owns the entire Precious Moments collection, crams random artwork over every square inch of wall space, her dining room seems like something Katherine of Aragon might've enjoyed, and her velvet boudoir looks like a Vegas hotel room circa 1974.  Based on the glimpses inside her house and the stacks of Amazon boxes, she seems to be spending Kody's money faster than he can earn it.  

Robyn is 🦇 💩 cray.

She hid her psych issues well, but my arm chair shrink self sees raging anxiety, obsessive compulsive spending and hoarding, paranoia, and probably histrionic personality disorder. 
Kody is the second husband she’s charmed to finance a better life for her, and she does not care who or what she destroys to make herself comfortable. God forbid she just get a job like a normal person. Then she racks up debt and isolates her spouse, then plays victim when he the consequences of her actions are about the explode. I feel bad for anyone in her other of destruction, except maybe Meri. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can agree with Janelle about the peaceful. When you have arguments that can not be resolved within the family, the Holidays become a raging nightmare. My family (husband and kids) slowly distanced ourselves from family holiday gatherings and finally cut all cords and we finally did the holidays the way we wanted to. Together, good food and that was that. We are all the better for it.

I feel the most for the kids. Since they are dividing and some moved a good distance away they don't at least have the OG 12 (no idea of Leon's stance with them all) that forms the bulk of the family. Except for plenty of planning (and the fracture with Paedon/Gwendolyn) if Janelle and Christine got a mega house and held one big party it would darn near be the same old Brown Holiday.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Except for plenty of planning (and the fracture with Paedon/Gwendolyn) if Janelle and Christine got a mega house and held one big party it would darn near be the same old Brown Holiday.

Eggsactly the plan, I'm sure, with Janelle and Christine "sharing" the AirBnB house. I'm hoping there's enough overlap that they can enjoy being together as long as they keep Paedon and Gwendolyn separated. We know the kids have kept in touch through texts, at least, probably FaceTime, too. I wouldn't want to miss a chance to see my missing siblings.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think that they bought the house with the contents. Kody loved the oversized chairs and perhaps Robyn Alice saw the art as valuable. So of course she needed to add her own collectibles. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Robyn's artwork choices appear rather lurid to me.  They're almost like those Thomas Kincaid paintings, where those little cottages are lit up from the inside like they're on fire.  So much orange and red!  Although I've been told that art with the color red in it sells faster, it can look cheap, but that's personal opinion.

• Like 9

Sorry if this was already posted, I have to admit that I was a little sad for Meri when she said “I think Kody regrets marrying Christine, I don’t know how he feels about marrying Janelle but I do believe 100% that he regrets marrying me”

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Like 12
  • Sad 3

The cult women still think there is a purpose for polygamy?  That it works?  Janelle would go back to it with someone else?  That the problem wasn't polygamy?

Man, that brainwashing was heavy duty stuff.  They all know what a toxic mess that lifestyle is and what it did to their kids.  But they still won't eschew it. 

Monogamy is hard enough. Polygamy where women are happy and allowed to have thoughts of their own is impossible IMHO.

• Like 8
  • Applause 14

I don't think I've mentioned her before, but Sarah of realiteasquad on YouTube has made commentary videos of Sister Wives, for a good while.

If you have eleven or so minutes, the latest one, SW Janelle Worries About Finances While Robyn Spends Lavishly/Season 18 has a couple of interesting tidbits about my least favorite wife, Sobbyn, of course.  I'm not on TikTok, but there's a clip of one from that platform, that I found surprising, but not rilly, considering what we already know about the McMansion and its "dreckeration."  There's also a clip I hadn't seen, with Kootie and his bro Nathan, who was featured in the "guy time" from last week's episode.  Poor babies, those two misogynist pigs!!  😡

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dariafan said:

So if Robyn is gonna start complaining they kootie wasn’t at her house , and let’s say he was not and she thought he was at other wives. and he was not at other wives’ houses, where the hell has he been???

Hiding

• Applause 1
  • LOL 17
47 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I saw it on Reddit and people there didn't know who it was either

Some said it's 2021 but I'm not sure of that

I went looking on Reddit, but couldn't find it and got lazy. If it was 2021, I wonder if it could be Avalon (like in a baby seat or walker) with her hair up. It's not one of Robyn's five. That child is much smaller than Sol was when they moved to that house. And it can't be Ari.

EDIT

Found it on Reddit. In most of the more reasonable comments, people are claiming its a shot TLC keeps reusing, that it's old, and that's it's from when Maddie and her family were visiting, so it's Axel. That seems as plausible as anything else I saw floated.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 9

I’ve been paying attention to the TH, trying to determine when they are actually filmed.  You can tell it’s quite a bit later than the episode itself was filmed.  Janelle looks thinner, Ari and  Sol look older, Meri seems to be in ex-wife mode.  This last episode had Savannah, Garrison and Gabe in a TH discussing Christmas 2021.  Gabe has short hair.  He got it cut in January of  this year. Savannah is wearing a jean jacket, while the guys are in short sleeves.  So maybe late spring  2023?   Why is Kody still so visibly upset/mean  in his TH a year and a half  after the fact? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Compare Ari in the Christmas scenes and the talking heads. At Christmas, she has the (self-inflicted?) mullet and baby teeth which are clearly malformed due to the pacifier.  In the talking heads, she has lost some baby teeth and her hair is darker - hard to tell if the mullet is growing out because of the headband.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2

The wackadoodle timelines make watching so confusing.  We all know what has happened but we're supposed to pretend we don't.  TH's filmed months/years later so are they talking from today's perspective or trying to dredge up feelings from when the events took place?

What's in the can, the birth of the twins?  Do we have to sit through that and the other birth as well? Gag.

Check Kootie into a mental institution for the safety of the family and everyone go away.  Enough already.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

What's in the can, the birth of the twins?  Do we have to sit through that and the other birth as well? Gag.

Not doing it. They can show it, but I'm not watching. Knowing so much more than we're seeing is making me nuts.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I don’t think this show can go on with mostly arguments and commercials. I’ve noticed both have picked up and I’m fast forwarding more than usual through both. 

So I’m thinking a new bride is desperately needed.   

Is that big, little girl sucking a pacifier???  Maybe one of those pacifier suckers?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’ve been paying attention to the TH, trying to determine when they are actually filmed.  You can tell it’s quite a bit later than the episode itself was filmed.  Janelle looks thinner, Ari and  Sol look older, Meri seems to be in ex-wife mode.  This last episode had Savannah, Garrison and Gabe in a TH discussing Christmas 2021.  Gabe has short hair.  He got it cut in January of  this year. Savannah is wearing a jean jacket, while the guys are in short sleeves.  So maybe late spring  2023?   Why is Kody still so visibly upset/mean  in his TH a year and a half  after the fact? 

Well it is certainly NOT because he carries a grudge...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 17
On 9/10/2023 at 3:44 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Sorry if this was already posted, I have to admit that I was a little sad for Meri when she said “I think Kody regrets marrying Christine, I don’t know how he feels about marrying Janelle but I do believe 100% that he regrets marrying me”

I admittedly felt bad for her also. 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is that big, little girl sucking a pacifier???

A real pacifier.  And she goes to school. One wonders if she uses it there.

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t think this show can go on with mostly arguments and commercials

I think they have doubled number of commercials, probably because there is so little content to show.  I FF through them.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

A real pacifier.  And she goes to school. One wonders if she uses it there.

I think they have doubled number of commercials, probably because there is so little content to show.  I FF through them.  

Hummm. Another thought maybe companies won’t pay as much for their commercial to be played on a sinking ship show so they need more!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

How badly did Nathan and Rebekah Dilts treat their sister wife for her to not only leave Nathan, but to cut off ties with her childhood friend?

In my opinion this feller just made  Christine and Janelle’s (and even Meri’s) points for them. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

I just want to join the crowd in saying:

"TLC, you can't make Kody seem like less of a narcissist by wasting my time showing him going with Aurora to get her ears pieced, hanging out with creepy friends or eating crepes like burritos.

You can't convince me that Robyn isn't a hoarder when we see her hoard in the mudroom, or that she cares about Kody's kids from the OG3 when she squeezes her eyes really tight to cry.

If you are testing to see whether I will watch a show focused on Kody and Robyn, hell no. 

Please stop trying to make the the narcissistic, lazy grifters a thing.

Gretchen, stop trying to make 'fetch' happen."

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 12
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I saw a clip that involved Savanah, Janelle and Christine. It was the middle of January and the last time Kody had contacted Savanah was for her birthday which is December 7th. 🤦‍♀️

I think the older kids understand Kody isn't there for them unless its something to make money from the show.

Savannah and Truly aren't there yet.

Another shame on Kody.  Kids need their dads.  Sigh.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw a clip that involved Savanah, Janelle and Christine. It was the middle of January and the last time Kody had contacted Savanah was for her birthday which is December 7th. 🤦‍♀️

It’s this week’s sneak peek for Sundays episode.  It includes a TH from Kody where he continues to find excuses  for not contacting his kids, ‘ the phone works both ways’ ‘I will give Savannah  her Christmas present late’.    If he hadn’t contacted her by mid January … it’s more than a little late.  He lives  a half hour away.   

Savannah was so sad  in that clip. Kody should be calling her, not expecting her to call him.  Kody should be showering her with attention so that she knows he loves her even if he’s not talking to Janelle.  Instead it’s as if the kids don’t exist in his mind unless the wife kisses his rear end. He’s a poor excuse for a Dad. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Kody should be calling her, not expecting her to call him.  Kody should be showering her with attention so that she knows he loves her even if he’s not talking to Janelle.

But that would require him to act like a mature adult who is parenting by example. It would require him to put on his big boy pants and play the role of a father. 

And we all know he is totally incapable of that.  He is )and apparently will perpetually remain) a petulant, petty, selfish, narcissistic manchild.

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1