Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I’ve always viewed Sister Wives as a frame story: The polygamous family was the narrative that gave a frame, a meaning and context to lots of little stories. In my opinion, Sister wives is nothing without the polygamous narrative.

I can definitely see enough material to wrap things up. But then what? They’re now nothing more than 3 women coming from a broken relationship. It happens to a lot of people, everywhere, every day. That’s not tv worthy and apart from seeing them finding their feet, definitely not exciting. 

And I think that Meri giving up her rental and moving away is a clear sign that TLC has decided to cancel the show in the near future.

Change the name to "The Brown Family Shenanigans" ?

• LOL 9
12 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I think I'll still give it a pass then @Roslyn Though I'll probably keep bugging you all here on the board,  meaning I still get to know what's going on!

Ditto for me! Won't be watching just reading the recaps/snark here.  This show is way, way, waaay past the best by date!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Ditto for me! Won't be watching just reading the recaps/snark here.  This show is way, way, waaay past the best by date!

Haven't watched since season one.  I get all I need from here.  It was boring to me even back then.

• Like 6

I was a faithful viewer the first few seasons but tapped out because of Kody. I'd catch an episode or two of later seasons, but again Kody. Between the onset of the pandemic and the Christine rumors swirling, I'm fully back even though Kody is still there. I'm sticking around to the end, but that does not include any spin-offs, unless it was an OG3 one.

• Like 7

TLC will ride this franchise into the ground, the way it has others; how many different shows have come from the 90-Day Fiance original, including shows focusing on individuals--I mean, they have shows where they show former participants snarking on current participants!  "Sister Wives" isn't going anywhere until TLC has milked every last bit of money out of it (or there's a big scandal--but remember it took two big scandals to finally torpedo the Duggar shows).  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

TLC keeps the shows as long as they're profitable.  The minute they approach the allowable profit margin, they're history.  The exception listed above is a scandal too big to ignore.  

SW is holding onto their ratings at the moment as people who had left tuned in for the separations and "divorce."  The next season seems to be in post-production and I expect they're confident enough to keep filming at least one more season.  Many people will stick around for Kody's reaction to Christine getting married.  After that we'll have to see if we get the downfall of Kody and Robyn which would IMO be an entirely fitting final season.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 8
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

I think I'll still give it a pass then @Roslyn Though I'll probably keep bugging you all here on the board,  meaning I still get to know what's going on!

Yea. I'm pretty deep into the sunk cost fallacy with Sister Wives.  I've watched from the beginning in real time and discussed it online since almost the beginning of the original sister wives blog and various forums that have come and gone over the years.  I figured I would stop when it ended and here I am...🎵🎶..."...praying for the end of time..." 🎵🎶 to quote Meatloaf anyway.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Given the trash and shows long past their expiration dates that TLC keeps renewing I never thought this show was in any danger of going away any time soon.  Case in point, "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".  That should have been put to rest years ago.  Same with "Little People Big World".  Somehow they keep coming back.  

The SW forums here are the busiest of any show I watch, and that's even when the show isn't airing.  Most show threads get a little quiet in between seasons.  This one does not.

I find it interesting that so many regular posters here don't even watch the show anymore.  I'm the other way around.  I still watch the show and don't have any plans to stop, but I don't post that much here anymore.  I do read a lot of the posts, though.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I think most of the upcoming season will be spent milking the drama out of Janelle and Kody's separation, and on Mykelti's pregnancy with twins. They are a year behind reality in what they show on the show, so I believe they will show Christine's new romance the season after this upcoming one, if the show gets two more seasons. I kind wanna see Janelle and Kody's separation, but I have no interest in Mykelti's pregnancy or Christine's fiancé. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

I've already seen as much of Mykelti's pregnancy and twins as I want to see.  She has an arrogance to her that I find unappealing.  I agree seeing more of Kody and Janelle separating might be interesting.  Although if it's more of Kody denouncing her sons, that would be painful to watch.

• Like 23
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Y’all.  5 below released a squishmallow today named. Ysabel … she has her name on something !!!!!  

OK, on first reading, I thought I was reading a foreign language!! LOL! COL here, no idea what a squishmallow is... had to google to see what it was. So who is 5 below? Is that a name? The maker? Is it a Brownie?? So confused... my grands are beyond that sort of toy and they live in CA so I don't see them often.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Five Below is a chain of stores selling (mostly) items that cost $5 or less.  My grands love the Squishmallows, too.  And as someone with a not-too-common first name growing up, I'm glad Ysabel now has a namesake! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OK, on first reading, I thought I was reading a foreign language!! LOL! COL here, no idea what a squishmallow is... had to google to see what it was. So who is 5 below? Is that a name? The maker? Is it a Brownie?? So confused... my grands are beyond that sort of toy and they live in CA so I don't see them often.

5 below is a chain store that sells all kinds of stuff usually 5 dollars and below 

• Useful 4
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think most of the upcoming season will be spent milking the drama out of Janelle and Kody's separation, and on Mykelti's pregnancy with twins. They are a year behind reality in what they show on the show, so I believe they will show Christine's new romance the season after this upcoming one, if the show gets two more seasons. I kind wanna see Janelle and Kody's separation, but I have no interest in Mykelti's pregnancy or Christine's fiancé. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for David. Here's my wish list. 

I hope he's comfortable on film. I hope Ysabel and Truely are shown with their niece Avalon and twin nephews. (I know Mykelti/Tony and their lives, Patreon, etc, but I kind of prefer TLC's editing.) I would love to see Aspyn/Mitch. They faded away after their wedding. AND! Gabe, Garrison, Paedon? I'm going to be watching to see if they are at get togethers a teensy bit baked. (Think bong in the background at Xmas 😃). I want to see Janelle and Savannah. Super curious about their lives. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Agree. The season upcoming will be Janelle's separation. Christine in Utah, Mykelti and Tony (with Robyn in the closet?).  Maybe Meri's divorce though that could be on the following season. Kody transitioning to blissful monogamy. 

Then the hook for next season will be David/Christine wedding. More Mykelti because she's trying so hard.  Meri and Janelle moving on.

But... the season after that? who knows. 

On reddit someone said that Robyn and Kody were filming a family vacation and Kody was feeding Robyn fudge.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I can do without seeing SADKRAB in any form, but of course they'll be there front and center.  Will Kootie finally shave off his Baldylocks?  Will Sobbyn produce a rill tear when talking about how the OG 3 took her dream of polygamy away?  

Have fun supporting yourselves, SADKRAB.  Sell that ugly house and downsize, FFS.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
On 4/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, Teafortwo said:

I see your point, but Season 18, is already in the can. It was wrapped before they filmed the S17 tell all iirc. And yet, there was apparently a camera crew with Meri when she moved into the BnB, and filming of the twins' births, which suggests a Season - gulp - 19. Of course they could just dump that footage into a couple of fast-forward, where are they now, wrap-up episodes at the end of S18. My guess is TLC is hedging their bets and it will depend on ratings (whenever they air S18). 

I bet Mykelti and Tony are praying they'll be sooo popular that TLC will want to do a "counting on"-type show with them. LOL.

I’m down for one more season of watching Kody and Robyn squirm alone (the “mop up”) but that’s it. Let them all go to do their things (except Robyn, who does nothing). 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I would like to see Janelle’s process of disentangling herself from Kody and Robyn.  Financially, mentally, and emotionally.  I’d like to see her children smile. I’d like to see a little of Logan just because we haven’t - but I respect his preference of not being filmed. 

I’d like to see Christine’s children happy about her move to Utah/ butI don’t need to see her love life. I don’t resent her having one / just not interested. Show a little of most of her children, including Aspen, but not MyKelti. 
I’d like to see Dayton living life, but I don’t need to see anyone else. 

• Like 15

They may have been a year behind in filming before, but I wonder if they have no choice but to catch up to real time, or at least close to real time.

I just don't see how they can draw out Christine's move and the twins birth. Unless they include some family gatherings like the holidays I think they might include Janelle's break-up. Even with that I'm guessing it was far less involved and dramatic as Christine's break-up.

• Like 10
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They may have been a year behind in filming before, but I wonder if they have no choice but to catch up to real time, or at least close to real time.

I just don't see how they can draw out Christine's move and the twins birth. Unless they include some family gatherings like the holidays I think they might include Janelle's break-up. Even with that I'm guessing it was far less involved and dramatic as Christine's break-up.

Someone else used the word shenanigans in reference to the Browns and/or TLC. So appropriate.

The general public is fed up with the tempo of the show when so much has already been revealed through social media and reliable sources like People magazine.

Wrap it up already!!!  Surely there are other groups of misfits that they can present for our snarking pleasure.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I would love a more timely season with Janelle and Meri leaving.  I would love a tell all with the 3 OG's and  Brown kids hosted by someone who can actually host.    

Not at all interested in Mykelti, the tenders, or the angry older Sobbyn girls.    

• Like 12
On 4/30/2023 at 7:39 PM, Tuxcat said:

On reddit someone said that Robyn and Kody were filming a family vacation and Kody was feeding Robyn fudge.

Ok this is both ick - and makes me want to have some chocolate fudge; haven't eaten that for probably a decade!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree, I bet they decided over a phone call or even a text - then filmed something staged for the show (or will film).

7 hours ago, Midwestern Lady said:

I would love a more timely season with Janelle and Meri leaving.  I would love a tell all with the 3 OG's and  Brown kids hosted by someone who can actually host.    

Not at all interested in Mykelti, the tenders, or the angry older Sobbyn girls.    

I'd actually love to see some honest talking heads from AuroraBreanna. I know it won't happen though.

• Like 6

It's a cheap show to produce and the Browns don't hesitate to air all their dirty laundry for the whole world to see. Plus, TLC/Discovery needs constant new content for their channel and their streaming service. 

Basically, the Browns are a cheap date, and easily exploited. They really shouldn't be proud of this. I won't watch any spinoffs, certainly not Mykelti/Tony or Christine/David. 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

They really shouldn't be proud of this.

Anyone with a modicum of self respect wouldn't sell their souls to TLC and subject their minor children to the invasive lifestyle. Those kids have been set up for a life of grief from bullying and notoriety. 

Buy anything for the almighty dollar and avoidance of actual work.

My disgust knows no bounds.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Based on what I read on reddit, that there is a huge pull of new viewers, many even first time viewers, from somewhere... Because the subreddits for sister wives are active with posts and conversation there are a lot of viewers now going back for full rewatches for the sake of the reddit activity etc. I'm sure those streaming views are contributing to the overall ratings and push to continue the show.

Once the hot mess became an inferno during covid they launched themselves into more seasons for sure. To quote the end of the article..."There is no end in sight".

14 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Anyone with a modicum of self respect wouldn't sell their souls to TLC and subject their minor children to the invasive lifestyle. Those kids have been set up for a life of grief from bullying and notoriety. 

Buy anything for the almighty dollar and avoidance of actual work.

My disgust knows no bounds.

That sums up Kody Brown pretty well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2023 at 8:05 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Have fun supporting yourselves, SADKRAB.  Sell that ugly house and downsize, FFS.

SADKRAB will never not be funny, lol.

I wouldn't mind a season 18 segment of Robyn crying real functioning tears as she takes her Precious Moments and Willow Tree figurines off her shelves one by one to prepare them for her "everything must go!" garage sale, while Ari gleefully dots herself with price stickers and Kody mutters from under his Ed Hardy shirts deep in his closet that this is all Christine's fault.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

I wonder since the network is going forward, even with the tremulous year the Brown family has experienced, will there be pay cuts?

Will Christine Browns lover make it to the payroll?  Will Kody shit a brick when that happens???

• Like 6

Even though these people don’t really have anything going on they at least show some trash (mostly Kody) and dysfunction (everybody). I’m not sure if he is willing to show what a nasty fool he is for the money or simply because he can’t contain it. (they need a villian because this show is full of shit.  I’m tired of hearing about Meri’s banana from 3000 years ago.    

This show isn’t as fake where the main asshole of the show is shown to be be “wonderful” (see Whitney My Big Fat Fabulous Life) and I don’t feel completely skeevy after I watch it (See Big Ed from 90 Day Fiancé)

With that said some of these people imo are pushing scams and are not being honest about these timelines.  They got like 10 seasons out of that boring ass Catfish. 

They need to jazz it up.  Kody willingly or unwillingly shows he’s an asshat almost every episode.  They need to show Robyn feverishly placing orders on the QVC website.  Perhaps giving her cookie talk to the Precious Moments after she realized a couple of the figurines are depicted as holding hands.

Little Amtrak can barrel in and scream at Robyn to wake her ass up and draw on those 99-cent WetnWild eyebrows because Kody needs to be taken out on a date.

Janelle, Christine, and Meri can attempt to explain to us all how lulu and plexass are not scams despite most of the free world telling us different. I also would require them to drink the plexass instead of just taking pics of themselves holding it in their hand.

David can spend and episode or two somehow taking all of Kody’s money. To test David’s love Christine has to serenade him (off screen, why should we suffer).

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I don't mind seeing where these women go as they move on with their lives post-Kody. But I can't imagine why Mykelti (those names, my god) and Tony would think they would warrant a show for themselves. Do they do anything besides lie around and get pregnant? Yawn. There's nothing interesting about doing the same thing nearly all married couples do. What's next, a show about folding laundry or cleaning the cat litter?

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

TLC is obviously banking on the show's current surge in popularity. Yet I predict they won't make it past season 20. If they even get that far. Their social media actions and presence will bring their show to a long overdue end.

TLC obviously has no control over them when it comes to social media. The Browns post whatever the hell they want, whether it clashes with their own show or not. Viewers are starting to note the inconsistencies and confusing timelines.  Most already know what is coming. And that is particularly damaging: All the "exciting" news is out in the open, long before the show airs, leaving TLC empty-handed. Shows need scoops and cliffhangers to keep viewers interested. 

I have no clue what is going on here. Their contract has to have some sort of non-disclosure agreement or a clause that limits what they share online. Even a stupid 5-minute game show usually forbids its contestants to disclose the outcome until after the show. 

• Like 4

I don't think they sign non-disclosures for SM. Its a mutual interest to keep things quiet for as long as they can.

I know with the Duggars and Bates they tried to keep things like courting and births on the down low but gave up because super sleuths would out them. But they did try to limit SM info, until the shows were over a year behind, so again they gave up and threw caution to the wind, even doing magazine covers.

There is no reason TLC can't catch up to real time. Its not like they're editing hours and hours of footage. For some reason TLC must think this works for them.

IMO, TLC ruins every family reality show by turning them into babies, parties, weddings and field trips episodes. Lucky for them Christine threw them a divorce.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

TLC is obviously banking on the show's current surge in popularity. Yet I predict they won't make it past season 20. If they even get that far.

Why wouldn't they? They exist to make money. They make money by airing a show that people watch. We are all still here. Many of us follow them on social media. And I suppose there are people out there who didn't watch the show but somehow caught wind of the divorces on Sister Wives and are now interested. 

TLC doesn't care. As long as the eyeballs are there, they don't care if we watch because we love the Browns or hate them or somewhere in between. If social media gives away secrets but viewers still come - or maybe even more come because of the stuff on social media - then win for them. If the viewers are in the dark because the Browns shut down the social media, so they come to the show - win for them. 

20 seasons about four dysfunctional adult relationships, a bunch of mostly grown kids and the occasional baby? That's not bad honestly. My own life couldn't fuel even one season of a reality show. Of course TLC and the Browns will drag it out as long as they can - as long as we watch. 

And the world spins madly on...

• Like 11
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

My own life couldn't fuel even one season of a reality show.

And that’s a good thing. Their life is drama filled.  Their offspring are amazingly well adjusted.  

• Like 5

I am very aware of how everyone feels about WOACB. Mesmerized by HER eyebrows, I mostly hate watch her. 

Today she dropped a 2 hour interview with a daughter of AUB's new prophet, David Watson. This daughter left the AUB community (she calls it cult) and has had a lot of therapy since she left. 

Big news!! Katie listened!! Didn't talk much, so this interview spilled a lot of tea re: teachings of AUB.  It's wild. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 9
On 5/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, mythoughtis said:

And that’s a good thing. Their life is drama filled.  Their offspring are amazingly well adjusted.  

I'm not entirely sure all their offspring are amazing well adjusted. I suppose that might depend on our definition of adjustment. And of course what we all see publicly may very well not be reality.  The kids know which parts of their lives to present.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm not entirely sure all their offspring are amazing well adjusted. I suppose that might depend on our definition of adjustment. And of course what we all see publicly may very well not be reality.  The kids know which parts of their lives to present.

Totally agree. One could argue Paedon is not well adjusted. Gwen is young, but exploiting yourself and family for money does not go in the well adjusted column, to me. Leon has yet to shake their angry, entitled and know-it-all attitude. Mykelti seems to be living in freebie/grifting/tv suspended bubble.

Somehow, someway Janelle's kids seem to be living the most typical lives of adult kids their ages. As well as Aspen and Ysabel.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I am very aware of how everyone feels about WOACB. Mesmerized by HER eyebrows, I mostly hate watch her. 

Today she dropped a 2 hour interview with a daughter of AUB's new prophet, David Watson. This daughter left the AUB community (she calls it cult) and has had a lot of therapy since she left. 

Big news!! Katie listened!! Didn't talk much, so this interview spilled a lot of tea re: teachings of AUB.  It's wild. 

I am mesmerized by her new hairdo.  The braids in front.  I know a lot of these youtube vids use AI to do the talking on the vlog.  I really wish she would OR practice more.  She is not very smooth and repeats the same thing over and over.

That said, I watched.  A lot of Meri and Bonnie tea.  Doesn't seem like that family was very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2023 at 9:43 AM, Yeah No said:

Given the trash and shows long past their expiration dates that TLC keeps renewing I never thought this show was in any danger of going away any time soon.  Case in point, "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".  That should have been put to rest years ago.  Same with "Little People Big World".  Somehow they keep coming back.  

Good point. I have to say that I’m not very impressed with any of TLC’s productions over the past few years either. They indeed keep renewing old shows and reviving old concepts. I could do with something refreshing and new.

In your post you mentioned LPBW: While I agree that the show is growing old and annoying, they at least stick to their original theme of little people with Zach and his three kids. And that’s my whole issue with SW if they do decide to continue for another few years: It was all about a polygamous family,with the end of the family, comes the end of the show. Though I am fine with another season or two, to see it all come to an end.

• Like 4

A couple of weeks ago there were a few rumors here on the board about a potential sale of the mansion. I haven’t heard anything about it since. Where did those rumors come from? Is there any truth in it or is it just “wishful” thinking…

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Good point. I have to say that I’m not very impressed with any of TLC’s productions over the past few years either. They indeed keep renewing old shows and reviving old concepts. I could do with something refreshing and new.

In your post you mentioned LPBW: While I agree that the show is growing old and annoying, they at least stick to their original theme of little people with Zach and his three kids. And that’s my whole issue with SW if they do decide to continue for another few years: It was all about a polygamous family,with the end of the family, comes the end of the show. Though I am fine with another season or two, to see it all come to an end.

TLC seems to have found a goldmine with the 90Day Fiance franchises. They have had spinoffs ad nauseum.  Even individuals like Darcy and Stacy. I quit watching any of them and have no FOMO.

I hope they don't take a leaf from that notebook and attempt to exploit any interest from Christine's new life or Mykelti and Tony life with twins plus a toddler.  I could tolerate one episode of each but not a series.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

A couple of weeks ago there were a few rumors here on the board about a potential sale of the mansion. I haven’t heard anything about it since. Where did those rumors come from? Is there any truth in it or is it just “wishful” thinking…

If it’s for sale, there are no public listings for it. 

• Useful 4