Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Re Janelle leaving-  Whether it's true or not I think a lot of us are just so hoping it's true. On her IG page, under her name it says  "justme 🙂".  Do not know if that is a new Emoji or she is just playing with us. Either way it's tons of fun to speculate. Also, I for one, would probably not watch a show with the 2 recently single women. A lot of what I watch for is hate watching Kody and Robyn. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, BAForever said:

Re Janelle leaving-  Whether it's true or not I think a lot of us are just so hoping it's true. On her IG page, under her name it says  "justme 🙂".  Do not know if that is a new Emoji or she is just playing with us. Either way it's tons of fun to speculate. Also, I for one, would probably not watch a show with the 2 recently single women. A lot of what I watch for is hate watching Kody and Robyn. 

I think that's new. I think it used to say something like, mom of 6 kids, but I think I'm a mom of 18.

• Useful 8
4 hours ago, altopower said:

Then THEY look worse than he does - at least in his mind.

Despite the fact we have footage of him pushing them away, spending most of his time with other family members, telling Christine he doesn't love her and never did, not properly seeing to the needs of his underage kids, leaving it to their mom's to do.  Not making sure Janelle had a decent place to live with a child still at home.  With holding love and affection.  Saying he's pissed because men leave polygamy because they don't feel loved by their wives.  That has to be the biggest one.  The dufus can't see that everyone of these women love/loved him, more than they are willing to admit.  The fact that they stuck around as long as they did speaks volumes.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. I’m excited for Janelle to leave, but the article doesn’t tell us anything we don’t already know.

I think the gossip rags gave up on Meri. God has told her to “stay”, which to me sounds like something you’d hear from a crazy ex-turned-stalker. Since Kody can’t kick the wives out, he better come up with something to get rid of Meri because being unloved isn’t deterring her. Maybe TLC can help by reducing her tv time even further, making her want to call it quits.

It’s ironic that the one who almost left is now the one who’s hanging on for dear life, despite being despised by Kody.

God and Bonnie. If I'm remembering correctly, she really pressured Meri to stay in the "marriage."

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

God and Bonnie. If I'm remembering correctly, she really pressured Meri to stay in the "marriage."

Bonnie, unlike Christine's mom, was a stoic proponent of "the faith" and Kody's "united family." Remember the episode where all the older moms came together and talked about polygamy? Kody's mom, Janelle's mom, Christine's mom - they all wept - and talked about how hard it was to learn "selfless love." They talk about pain. Christine's mom talks about how hard it was to live each day, being told that she wasn't a good person. Meri is shown wiping tears away when Christine's mom is talking. Bonnie doesn't shed a tear. Now that could all be fancy editing, but I think the roots are true.

And Meri is already gone. Kody can't kick her out anymore than he already has. The only thing she hasn't done is publicly declare them divorced. But they are divorced.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Bonnie, unlike Christine's mom, was a stoic proponent of "the faith" and Kody's "united family." Remember the episode where all the older moms came together and talked about polygamy? Kody's mom, Janelle's mom, Christine's mom - they all wept - and talked about how hard it was to learn "selfless love." They talk about pain. Christine's mom talks about how hard it was to live each day, being told that she wasn't a good person. Meri is shown wiping tears away when Christine's mom is talking. Bonnie doesn't shed a tear. Now that could all be fancy editing, but I think the roots are true.

And Meri is already gone. Kody can't kick her out anymore than he already has. The only thing she hasn't done is publicly declare them divorced. But they are divorced.

Meri was "gone" the very second Kotex found out about the boyfriend...who turned out to be the girlfriend...who catfished Meri.   I knew he'd never in a kabillion years forgive her for it,  for it all to have taken place on national television???  Just no.  His self-inflated ego couldn't handle that.

What I WISH would happen:  Robin leaves his sorry hide for some loser of a guy she meets online.   

As she drives away in Kotex's big azz truck, throwing up a huge dust cloud, he and Meri stand side by side in the middle of the road watching and coughing as the dust settles on their heads.   Meri turns to Kotex, and says, "Well.  Looks like it's just you and me living forever on your eternal planet in the sky, baby cakes.  I say we plant banana trees."   🍌

• Fire 1
  • LOL 19
1 hour ago, Libby said:

This is a huge spoiler...

Hide contents

I watched today's episode. On the scenes for next week, it's the Tell All.

Kody says he's divorced from Christine and he and Janelle are separated.

Then Janelle says "Kody and I have separated."

It's official.

YAY!!!!!!!

YASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I’m there for it all!!  Anything from Meri the Sourpuss? 

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

YASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I’m there for it all!!  Anything from Meri the Sourpuss? 

Nothing about Meri's current status. Kody did say that at one point in the past, he thought of reconciling with Meri and Christine got mad. Christine denied it. I don’t believe Kody.

The majority of the episode was already seen in the sneak peeks.

The most interesting part was the scenes for next week.

In the Tell All Robyn was saying that the other wives didn't want Kody and pushed him on her. Please... she's such a liar.

What I'm curious about is what's the difference between divorced and separated to these people. I'm looking forward to some clarification on this next week.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Libby said:

This is a huge spoiler...

Hide contents

I watched today's episode. On the scenes for next week, it's the Tell All.

Kody says he's divorced from Christine and he and Janelle are separated.

Then Janelle says "Kody and I have separated."

It's official.

YAY!!!!!!!

As I was watching today's episode on Discovery's streaming app, I (spoiler)...

Spoiler

...thought that announcement was coming. We're often frustrated that Janelle is more candid in her solo interviews than in talks with the family. This time though, she was even more candid in the solo, basically saying she thinks Robyn is a big faker when she claims she didn't know about this or that family problem. I've never seen her go at one of the wives in a solo, before. It was refreshing.

And Meri stuck up for Janelle, in one of her solos, in that she said if her choice was between having a holiday with her kids, or with Kody, Robyn, and their kids, she'd have made the same choice as Janelle.

A One-On-One is up, next week.

Edited by General Days
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Janelle was fired up this episode.

She told Kody that it wasn't only Gabe and Garrison who he had a problem with. She said that all of her kids were discontented with Kody. He asked why he didn't know that before. She answered because you're never around.

Lololol!!! Janelle is really being blunt. Finally...

• Fire 1
  • Applause 13
  • Love 7

I wonder if we are now going to have a full season devoted to Janelle leaving. 

I want this show to end mostly because I want the TLC gravy train to end, and Cody has to actually work a full-time job to support Robyn's family. Just my opinion, somehow, I have remained hooked on this train wreck. I kind of wish I wasn't so I wasn't contributing to the ratings. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
Spoiler

It does seem that Kody believes phones only work one direction--child to parent. I get it. I have a mother like that. Like Kody, she is likely a narcissist or has BPD. 

I'm not sure why Kody believes that Janelle should be in the middle of his conversation with his children, especially when he gets angry that Janelle isn't capturing his latest edict accurately.

What really seems to be happening is the family has just broken into two families. 

The Janelle/Christine family has 12 well-adjusted kids who love to spend time together (mostly--Gwen/Paedon are the outlier), regardless of who the birth mother is. The moms have a deep friendship and have bonded over the trauma of 25+ years with Kody/Meri and 12+ years with the home wrecker and dog kicker Robyn.

Then you have the family of Robyn and Kody. The kids all seem to have challenges, from anxiety, to autism to poorly socialized hellion behavior. Peeks into the Kody/Robyn home suggest a home filled with  precious moments and platitudes.

Barnacle Bob and her child, Leon, seem to be floating around outside of everyone else. 

Leon and Audrey seem to have a good relationship with Gwen, but I question their relationships with anyone else.  Heck, we all remember Leon and Audrey moving to Parowan and failing to inform his highness Kootie.

After the tell all I think I need to be done with Sister Wives. If they want to have specials on the kids, or even a few updates on Christine and Janelle post Kody, I will watch.

But I have reached the point where I no longer want any money to go into the Kootie coffers.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

As much as I don't want Kody and Robyn to get the show money, I don’t want it to end.

I think that Janelle and Christine could really use the money. They are trying to rebuild after getting screwed over by Kody and Robyn. I will continue to watch as long as Christine and Janelle are on the show.

I can always fast forward through the Kody and Robyn scenes.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Libby said:

What I'm curious about is what's the difference between divorced and separated to these people. I'm looking forward to some clarification on this next week.

To be divorced, Janelle would have to be intimate with someone else, according to Robyn.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

I hope that Christine and Janelle have been talking with TLC about a limited  run of life after polygamy. Let us see how they are adjusting to the single life, making and  keeping their own money. I would love to see them preparing for a career change but I'm afraid that isn't happening. At the very least I hope Janelle has seen a real estate attorney about her share of Coyote Pass. And I would love for Janelle to say to Kody on camera, I need my share from the family account. I want a share equal to what you and Robyn and  Christine got. If nothinge else I want the money back that I gave you and Robyn for a down payment on the $900,000 house that the two of you live in. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

To be divorced, Janelle would have to be intimate with someone else, according to Robyn.

If that's the case, if I were Christine, I'd have gone and hung out on some corner somewhere.  I hear it's easy to get a tricky trick if you have all your teeth... and voila`, divorce done now.  Pretty simple if you ask me.  🤣

• Fire 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

As far as I know, viewers don't contribute to ratings for a show unless they have explicitly agreed to do so. These used to be called "Nielsen families." However, TLC definitely monitors and measures viewer engagement with their shows - FB, Reddit, Primetimer ,Twitter, Instagram comment volume and content. The more people are riled up, the more engaged they are - that's how the internet works overall (algorithms measure all this and push content to users that is designed to keep them engaged through strong emotion. Typically, negative emotions are the strongest - that's one reason hate speech has increased so much since social media arrived). TLC won't dump Kody and Robyn as long as viewers keep on hate-watching them/ragging on them/expressing vitriol about them. Now if 90% of viewers became indifferent to them, or even stopped mentioning them altogether, that would be a different story. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 12
  • Love 1

The ratings world changed forever with streaming.  Part of many if not most cable and streaming agreements is now allowing your viewing to be reported.  I know it was an option on my last cable contract.  I didn't even bother looking when I switched to a streaming service.  

Yes, the conventional wisdom is that strife usually brings a lot more viewers than happy, happy, joy, joy families although Hallmark may disagree.  It's been true this season as SW numbers have gone up.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 7

Kody is just terrible. A horrible husband, but especially horrible father. Why hasn’t he talked to his kids about Christmas? Or at all? 

Robyn is a lying liar who lies continually. 

I also want to know the difference between separated and divorced in this scenario. Because there will never be a reconciliation and we all know that. Kody doesn’t forgive. And Janelle won’t choose him over her children (or Christine or her dogs), which is what he wants. Does “separation” stall the financial decisions?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Kody is just terrible. A horrible husband, but especially horrible father. Why hasn’t he talked to his kids about Christmas? Or at all? 

Robyn is a lying liar who lies continually. 

I also want to know the difference between separated and divorced in this scenario. Because there will never be a reconciliation and we all know that. Kody doesn’t forgive. And Janelle won’t choose him over her children (or Christine or her dogs), which is what he wants. Does “separation” stall the financial decisions?

My guess is that Janelle either hasn’t said the word divorce or is actually pursuing it through the church( the one they no longer attend).  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

The season that aired was end of 2021. The Tell All was filmed Oct 2022?

Which means that next season is "how/why did Janelle and Kody separate?" and the season after that "did Janelle and Kody divorce or reconcile."

I think the word "separate" is a very deliberate word for our viewing "entertainment."  

As we've learned, this family can seemingly decide to be married, separated, or divorced by literally just saying the word. Meri is separated (or I would argue - legally divorced) but she hasn't said it - so that makes it less true somehow? Yet all three wives live the same reality.

These terms and this show is ridiculous. And yet I watch! 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

Leon and Audrey seem to have a good relationship with Gwen, but I question their relationships with anyone else.  Heck, we all remember Leon and Audrey moving to Parowan and failing to inform his highness Kootie.

From social media posts, it appears that Leon and Audrey get along well with Logan and Michelle. I believe they hung out together one weekend this past year and it was posted on social media. And we don't know where Leon and Audrey spend the holidays because it's not always posted on social media or filmed.

Separated versus divorced when you were never legally married is an interesting concept. Is it even "breaking up" when he never lived with you or took you on a real date or bothered to pay attention to you?

Meri continuing to back up Kody up is disturbing and sad. And Meri needs an epiphany that Robyn is using her and is not a friend. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8

I love how Kidney thinks everyone  should do the work to whatever relationship he has/had with him. He thinks the kids should apologize or call him. My guess is that most of the adult kids tried and reached out but he was always, just like in the past, too busy for them. So they took the hint and stopped calling. All have busy lives with jobs, friends and  partners/spouses. Every relationship is a two way street. But Kidney thinks the world revolves around him. 

And it did for awhile, until he stopped putting in the work with his wives and their kids. These women have learned to live without him and that's his fault. So if Robyn is blaming the others, she needs to be blaming her husband because he is the one that had relationships with three other women that he chose not to nature. First it was Meri, if she had been getting what she needed from Kidney, the catfish wouldn't have happened. Then with Christine and now Jenelle.

His behavior in the previews is beyond pathetic and acting like a child. Him saying that the men don't feel loved is bullshit. All the 3 have hung on because they did love him. He's just too much of a moron to see.

• Like 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, toodywoody said:

His behavior in the previews is beyond pathetic and acting like a child. Him saying that the men don't feel loved is bullshit. All the 3 have hung on because they did love him. He's just too much of a moron to see.

These assholes have multiple women they are fucking with their foolish doormats' knowledge and consent  and they don't feel "loved".  Boo hoo!!!  That is RICH.  

How many times does he have to say in his sit downs that he does not want Meri in his life for her to get the message??  

Edited by Kid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

I didn’t think we’d hear Christine’s name so much after she moved!

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

The Tell All was filmed Oct 2022?

I’m thinking the tell nothing for this season was filmed more recently that that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t think we’d hear Christine’s name so much after she moved!

I’m thinking the tell nothing for this season was filmed more recently that that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think the timing is because there is a post on Reddit of someone seeing Kody dressed in a suit in a Flagstaff hotel, and it is the same suit (color looks awful on him...) that he is wearing in the Tell All.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

It's actually very sad. The first three wives actually loved Kody. As much as they fought with one another, I believe that they worked together to advance the family.

Robyn came in and ruined everything. Kody went completely nuts over her. He thinks she's the smartest, warmest, most wonderful woman in the world.

Stupid, loser, sneaky, needy, anxious Robyn proceeded to turn his mind to mush (along with her children's minds).

He will continue to think that she's the best thing since sliced bread until she totally destroys him and he has nobody.

Oh well, he’s an idiot. He'll get what he deserves.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Libby said:

It's actually very sad. The first three wives actually loved Kody. As much as they fought with one another, I believe that they worked together to advance the family.

Robyn came in and ruined everything. Kody went completely nuts over her. He thinks she's the smartest, warmest, most wonderful woman in the world.

Stupid, loser, sneaky, needy, anxious Robyn proceeded to turn his mind to mush (along with her children's minds).

He will continue to think that she's the best thing since sliced bread until she totally destroys him and he has nobody.

Oh well, he’s an idiot. He'll get what he deserves.

This 💯%. As dysfunctional as polygamy is they seemed to manage enough…enough to think they wanted to show the world “polygamy works”.  Kodouch has cut his nose off in spite of his face with Robyn AND is so self absorbed he can’t even see it. 

Edited by Bmglmr
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

As far as I know, viewers don't contribute to ratings for a show unless they have explicitly agreed to do so. These used to be called "Nielsen families." However, TLC definitely monitors and measures viewer engagement with their shows - FB, Reddit, Primetimer ,Twitter, Instagram comment volume and content. The more people are riled up, the more engaged they are - that's how the internet works overall (algorithms measure all this and push content to users that is designed to keep them engaged through strong emotion. Typically, negative emotions are the strongest - that's one reason hate speech has increased so much since social media arrived). TLC won't dump Kody and Robyn as long as viewers keep on hate-watching them/ragging on them/expressing vitriol about them. Now if 90% of viewers became indifferent to them, or even stopped mentioning them altogether, that would be a different story. 

Christine and Janelle are still going to be on the show.  I think they all make the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is so damn sad, I’m glad Christine and Janelle’s children have their mothers and each other. Seeing Gabriel break down really touched me, it was heartbreaking.. apparently he hasn’t spoken to his father since.
I want to see Christine and Janelle succeed, they deserve it.

I just binge watched the previous seasons, and I thought  ‘where did things go off the rail?’ It was Kody, the narcissist, his ‘queen’ Robyn and Meri.. yeah a hot mess. I think Meri’s toxic too. I am so glad Christine and Janelle were able to cut their losses and get out of that hell. I want to watch the show just to see Kody, Robyn and even Meri get what they deserve.

Here are some things I never want to come out of Kody’s stupid mouth again: ‘I love her, but I’m not in love with her’ ‘betrayal’ and ‘respect’ it’s all scripted by him.

He is such a jerk, he doesn’t know that he doesn’t deserve Christine, Janelle, or any of their fantastic kids. He is ridiculous, I don’t believe a word he says, he contradicts himself constantly, and just outright lies. I guess now he is trying to win public support. The trailer for next week he said he was on the cusp of reconciling with Meri, but then Christine left..so mow  he blames Christine for his problems with Meri???!!!???

Gawd, I know I’m rambling abit here but that idiot infuriates me! 

Edited by Cherylyn
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I caught this on a tell all sneak peek. 

Screenshot_20221211-230401_Samsung Internet.jpg

So that means that only episode one and two had aired when they filmed this tell nothing.

Does anyone know if they can get advanced screenings of the whole season? (I know they get their clips for the talking heads).

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I can’t see what it says.

I laughed because I had to zoom in as well. 

I probably should watch the Tell All sneak peek again. Did Kody or Janelle say they’d been separated for months? Someone alluded to that in the episode thread and it got me to wondering if they’ve been separated (whatever that means to them) for most of this year. 

• Like 1

The idea that Christine would be able to control Kody’s decisions about Meri is just another one of Kody and Robyn’s twisting the truth.   Could she have asked Kody if he was sure he wanted to trust Meri?  Possibly, but  that’s not the same as objecting to Kody getting together with Meri. Kody has made it plain that he doesn’t want Meri.  Plus Christine is gone, and Kody is still not with Meri.

Several things wrecked this family: the show, Robyn  coming in after 17 years and being a new love, Robyn’s personality, Kody’s personality, covid, and more. Kody’s  restrictions were over the top since none of them were elderly or immune compromised. He could have continued  to see all of them- we didn’t stop seeing our adult children. What covid also did was encourage people to reset their lives because the stay at home measures gave people food for thought.  Retirement, job changes, moves, divorces were happening everywhere. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I can see Christine saying something like, You're going to work on your marriage with Meri?! You're not even working on our marriage!

And what was Robyn's twisted answer when asked if Christine was pissed Kody was considering reconciling with Meri... Uhm, yea, if Kody says or thinks something it usually happens.

What's next, Kody gets a hangnail and its Christine's fault?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I can see Christine saying something like, You're going to work on your marriage with Meri?! You're not even working on our marriage!

And what was Robyn's twisted answer when asked if Christine was pissed Kody was considering reconciling with Meri... Uhm, yea, if Kody says or thinks something it usually happens.

What's next, Kody gets a hangnail and its Christine's fault?

This. IF Christine said anything, it most certainly was spun and twisted into something that barely resembled the original comment.

I wonder how many years ago this was because Kody’s had the door locked on Meri for a long time. 

• Like 6

So Kidney is out there saying Christine shot down the reconciliation with Meri. First off Christine said it's a lie, second, since when did Kidney ever listen to a damn thing Christine wanted or said? 

Quit blaming Christine for all the problems with the family. It all starts and ends eith him. If he had been giving Meri the attention she needed she wouldn't have been talking to 'Sam'. Then if he had listened to what people were telling him about Christine and asked her what was going on, she wouldn't have left. Now Jenelle is separated from him and it all goes back on him. His children don't want to talk to him, because of the shit he's said and done.

So I call bullshit

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Do we know how many parts this shit show Tell All will be? Because I'd like there to be eleventy-seven of them so I can hear allllll the dirt!

I want at least one where they are all together. Or at least have a Brady Bunch like panel of the others as each one is interviewed. I want to see the expressions.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

What happened to "four separate marriages?" Why is Kody talking to everyone but Meri about a possible reconciliation. That whole thing is crazy.

I do absolutely believe that the wives have been sh*t talking about each other - to Kody - for decades. I can also see Christine - (and everyone for that matter) - wanting Meri to stay iced out. Polygamy 101. Divide, conquer, and eliminate. 

But the idea that Christine is solely responsible for Kody's decisions is ludicrous. And so this new accusation by Kody/Robyn is merely a tool to keep Meri on one side and Janelle/Christine on the other.

• Like 7
  • Love 3