Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Remember when Meri had to maybe evacuate her rental home because there was a forest fire, and it was a complete chaotic shit show? With Meri snapping at people and finding her marriage certificate? That kind of entertainment is why I watch. 

Right that then the stupid idiot that she is had the audacity to then try and do a "fire sale" with her inventory, while countless people where evacuating loved ones, pets and farm animals. She suxs  

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

i watch, but I get it why some of our posters don't.  Cult behavior is both fascinating and horrifying to me.  I agree that engaging on the forum is more fun and interesting than the actual show.  Snarking is good for the soul, as one of our members described it.  🙃

Same for me. I have a very loose definition of cults, but some of the more extreme ones, like FLDS, is pretty fascinating and scary to me. However, as people were discussing whether they watched the show or not, it made me realize I never really got into watching this show. I actually thought they were bio sisters (excepting Robyn) for a long time, and didn't get to see the horrifying Christine vocal act, or the catfish drama, go down in real time. I mostly just participate on the boards, and end up having to google some of the references I don't get. Occasionally when I need brain candy I'll fire up an episode on demand to have something on for background noise, but I don't think I've ever watched the show in real time. 

And yet the amount of mental energy I expend on these people is really embarrassing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I don't understand people who think it's more noble not to watch the show, but to come on here to find out what happened on the show. Just watch the show. 

Nobility has nothing to do with it.  The sight and sound of those people makes me physically ill.  Watching is not requisite for posting.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
58 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Nobility has nothing to do with it.  The sight and sound of those people makes me physically ill.  Watching is not requisite for posting.

Also, I unplugged from cable quite some time ago and don't miss it. I'm not going to re-up just to watch the Boring Ass Brown family.

Especially since most stuff is posted on SM by the family a year in advance.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I got bored to tears with the show a couple of years ago, but had grown fond of more than a few of my fellow snarkers here.  Thus, I didn't move on when my interest in the show waned, but rather stayed on to continue sharing in the fun.  I'm happy I did. 

Similar for me.

I've watched since the beginning, got very bored with them for awhile and almost stopped watching, but about that time I found this place. I've seen every episode and I guess I'm in it until the bitter end now...but there was a time I would definitely have stopped watching if not for this board.

They can't hold my interest well enough if I cannot also snark on them. They should really be thanking this board for the fact that they still have a show.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Similar for me.

I've watched since the beginning, got very bored with them for awhile and almost stopped watching, but about that time I found this place. I've seen every episode and I guess I'm in it until the bitter end now...but there was a time I would definitely have stopped watching if not for this board.

They can't hold my interest well enough if I cannot also snark on them. They should really be thanking this board for the fact that they still have a show.

It's thought provoking to read the various reactions to their actions.  Many of our responses are inspired by those of us who either had similar experiences in monogamous relationships, or are well acquainted with someone who has.  These experiences may  irrelevant in that we are coming from an entirely different mindset and conditioning.

There has been a regular contributor here who has actually lived the polygamous life and she offered valuable interpretations of the cause and effect that we have witnessed on the episodes.  I hope she returns to the site when the program resumes.

• Love 22
On 11/15/2021 at 3:29 PM, Cetacean said:

Yeah - they make me punchy....so I watch when nobody's around just in case my fists get punchy and I can't control them. 

Fun fact: I stopped watching for about 3 seasons but then read about the catfish thing and thought, Well that sounds like my kind of dumpster fire. It was! So then I had to go back and watch the seasons I'd missed to see if there were clues to the upcoming glorious dumpster fire. There were. So dang it Meri and her mess dragged me back, and now I just cain't quit these bozos. If I'd stopped watching, I would've missed such glorious content as:

• Christine singink
  • TACO FRISBEE WEDDING!
  • God not giving Robyn her rennal
  • Meri screaming at people because her house might burn down
  • Plyg palace!
  • Kody as the world's dorkiest and most narcissistic wedding officiant
  • Prairie dog poop pond (and people swimming in it)
  • The growing disrespect and disdain of Robyn's boys towards their twit father
  • "Look at the mountain Christine"
  • The rise of the Dark Queen
  • Horrible, horrible dance flash mobs
  • Stupid wedding hats
  • "Yeah - I see you old man" (Meri's new neighbors hate her!)

and many, many more. 

No regrets. None. I'll watch for an hour just for a moment of gold, or, once in a while, a whole season where Kody's head is about to explode because his daughter is having the world's tackiest wedding to someone he can't stand AND they get married outside in December in Utah AND nobody asks him to officiate. That season alone was worth watching all the others. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 23
  • Love 1

I’ve watched probably every episode, but hardly ever in real time. It’s usually just playing in the background when I do get around to seeing an episode. I, too, found it kind of boring. Plus it would make me mad to see the OG wives let Kody and Robyn take advantage. I fast forward every time Robyn is on screen (also Mariah), haha.

If it wasn’t for this board, I doubt I’d watch at all. You guys and the old Sister Wives Blog plus Cynical Jinx are what make or made it worthwhile. I cannot take the boards where everyone fawns over the Browns.

Edited by Casual Observer
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Yeah - they make me punchy....so I watch when nobody's around just in case my fists get punchy and I can't control them. 

Fun fact: I stopped watching for about 3 seasons but then read about the catfish thing and thought, Well that sounds like my kind of dumpster fire. It was! So then I had to go back and watch the seasons I'd missed to see if there were clues to the upcoming glorious dumpster fire. There were. So dang it Meri and her mess dragged me back, and now I just cain't quit these bozos. If I'd stopped watching, I would've missed such glorious content as:

• Christine singink
  • TACO FRISBEE WEDDING!
  • Plyg palace!
  • Stupid wedding hats

and many, many more. 

No regrets. None. I'll watch for an hour just for a moment of gold, or, once in a while, a whole season where Kody's head is about to explode because his daughter is having the world's tackiest wedding to someone he can't stand AND they get married outside in December in Utah AND nobody asks him to officiate. That season alone was worth watching all the others. 

I believe you may have meant Janelle's boys disdaining their sperm donor.  Otherwise, spot on!

• Love 14

I watch because it’s fascinating to see the seething resentments simmering under the surface of everything they do.  They’re all terrible actors, their body language says more than anything coming out of their mouths. I’m both embarrassed and slightly appalled at how excited I am for Sunday night 😁

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

I had decided to give up this show a couple of years ago.  The very first show I missed, I came here on these threads to get a recap and y'all were talking about a weddingk where pinatas were beaten in effigy, Frisbees were slung at the bride and groom's noggins, Christine sang a song that only dogs could hear, and 50,000 street tacos were consumed.  I was like - exaggerate much, you guys?  So I bought the season on Vudu for 20 bucks (before I was able to stream it on Hulu or YouTube TV).  As far as very guilty pleasures go, it was $20 well spent.  That weddingk remains one of the highlights of this entire series IMO.  You were NOT exaggerating!

And as mentioned above, I also enjoy parsing their body language.  It's hilariously contradictory to the blather that's coming out of their mouths.  I think there was one entire season where Meri sat on the couch not moving a muscle except for her shootie waggling back and forth with a fierceness.  Good times!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I had decided to give up this show a couple of years ago.  The very first show I missed, I came here on these threads to get a recap and y'all were talking about a weddingk where pinatas were beaten in effigy, Frisbees were slung at the bride and groom's noggins, Christine sang a song that only dogs could hear, and 50,000 street tacos were consumed.  I was like - exaggerate much, you guys?  So I bought the season on Vudu for 20 bucks (before I was able to stream it on Hulu or YouTube TV).  As far as very guilty pleasures go, it was $20 well spent.  That weddingk remains one of the highlights of this entire series IMO.  You were NOT exaggerating!

And as mentioned above, I also enjoy parsing their body language.  It's hilariously contradictory to the blather that's coming out of their mouths.  I think there was one entire season where Meri sat on the couch not moving a muscle except for her shootie waggling back and forth with a fierceness.  Good times!

I totally agree, that wedding was pure gold!  That whole season with FT was entertaining. I respect the kids who are living their life off camera, but as a viewer it was a better show when the older kids were involved. 

• Love 17

I totally agree, that wedding was pure gold!  That whole season with FT was entertaining. I respect the kids who are living their life off camera, but as a viewer it was a better show when the older kids were involved. 

They may show Mykelti and Tony this season. The baby shower and the birth of baby Avalon make for good drama if Kody refused to travel to Utah for his daughter while he and Christine were already having problems. I assume they may show the death of Meri's mom as well. If I remember correctly, the paparazzi photos showed Meri, Kody, and Janelle, but no Robyn or Christine, and none of the kids except Mariah. So much for one huge happy family and the bonds of the sisterhood. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/16/2021 at 6:38 PM, NoWhammies said:

• Christine singink
  • TACO FRISBEE WEDDING!
  • Plyg palace!
  • Stupid wedding hats

and many, many more. 

I rewatched the episode of Meri screaming at everyone during the fire—mostly at Christine. I get tensions were high but if I were Christine (and they weren’t filming), I might have told Meri to pack her own shit versus coddling the evil troll. 

Edited to Add: the best part? “Did I just wipe my eyebrows off?!?” After screaming at Christine, Meri the Troll needs to know if her eyebrows are still on. 🙄

MERI MAAAAD! 
image.jpeg.d6a3ebcbddc4a1375d6b41b9945dcc92.jpeg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

the best part? “Did I just wipe my eyebrows off?!?” After screaming at Christine, Meri the Troll needs to know if her eyebrows are still on. 🙄

😆 I agree, that was the best part for me too. Meri is such a vain, phony person. She was totally going to kick that camera person out of her garage and go back inside and re-apply her makeup before continuing with her very time-sensitive evacuation, if her Groucho Marx eyebrows were messed up.

The second best part IMO was that despite poor Meri being in such a state of panic that she had to flip out and verbally abuse everyone around her, she still had time to stop and lovingly fondle her marriage certificate.

Priorities. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

😆 I agree, that was the best part for me too. Meri is such a vain, phony person. She was totally going to kick that camera person out of her garage and go back inside and re-apply her makeup before continuing with her very time-sensitive evacuation, if her Groucho Marx eyebrows were messed up.

The second best part IMO was that despite poor Meri being in such a state of panic that she had to flip out and verbally abuse everyone around her, she still had time to stop and lovingly fondle her marriage certificate.

Priorities. 😉

Meri and her freaking marriage certificate….she’s like Gollum and his “precious!”

92C56B43-4BC4-4540-9307-116C5565A556.jpeg

• LOL 17
On 11/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, Sasha888 said:

Priorities. 😉

I doubt a single day goes by where she thinks “what have I done?!” She must hugely regret consenting to that divorce, biggest mistake of her life! She still loves him and for Kody this was an easy way to get rid of her.

Does anyone remember that scene where Robyn and Kody smugly told the rest that they had officiated their marriage without informing any of the wives? Supposedly because it wasn’t important? Yeah right, it was a family decision to divorce but apparently not a family decision to marry.

Edited by LilyD
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

I doubt a single day goes by where she thinks “what have I done?!” She must hugely regret consenting to that divorce, biggest mistake of her life! She still loves him and for Kody this was an easy way to get rid of her.

On Instagram, Meri comes across as a perfectly happy divorced empty nester living her best life. She gives off a different vibe on the show. Personally, I think the Instagram is closer to the truth, and she plays up the drama for the show. Also, she just loves drama in general. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

On Instagram, Meri comes across as a perfectly happy divorced empty nester living her best life. She gives off a different vibe on the show. Personally, I think the Instagram is closer to the truth, and she plays up the drama for the show. Also, she just loves drama in general. 

This is Meri’s “show vibe”—I think she’s more like this than the highly filtered fakery on IG:

image.thumb.jpeg.7b08d96a9d9f8f2b4737f6ab19bdb9f5.jpeg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

I agree Turtlepower. Also, there are quite a few scenes where Meri clearly isn’t acting. Particularly when she gets upset, which is when the entire script is thrown out of the window. Like the scene mentioned above where she had to vacate the house because of the fire.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 11/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, Kellyee said:

I don't understand people who think it's more noble not to watch the show, but to come on here to find out what happened on the show. Just watch the show. 

It's funny, but I have never watched the show but not because I think it's "noble".  I grew up LDS and so have some ingrained fascination with plyg cults.  I heard about the show and thought maybe I'll watch it. 

But when I started reading about it on TWOP, the posters and conversations were just so funny that I just kept reading.  

Only a few times have I actually thought, "okay, this I've got to watch" about something people were talking about since everyone is so entertaining and descriptive!  And each time I tried, I got about 5 minutes into the part I was trying to watch (not even the whole episode) before I was thoroughly bored and kind of disgusted, for lack of a better word, at these idiots.  

I just can't stand to look at them.  haha  If it's noble in any way, it's that I'd rather spend my tele time watching something that I enjoy or that at least has good looking people on it.  None of these clowns fit those requirements. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Watched this morning on Discovery+.  I suspect it has the potential to be an even bigger dumpster fire than the Taco Frisbee Wedding season or the Catfish Aftermath season. Positions were established. People were contentious. Winter is coming.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I just watched the premier on Discovery Plus.  I won't spoil it.  I'll just say that I don't know if I can watch the season.  These people are toxic AF to each other.  I may have to nope out this season.  

Pardon the off-topic, but I had what I later learned was an anxiety attack while watching the 1/6 capitol insurgence in real time.  It helped me recognize that I have often experienced anxiety without realizing that's what it was (tightened chest, shallow breathing, jaw clenching/grinding).  I'm actually feeling that now, after watching the Brown Clowns on the new episode.

All that to say, I may need to rely on my Primetimer Peeps here to filled me in.  And yikes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I just watched the premier on Discovery Plus.  I won't spoil it.  I'll just say that I don't know if I can watch the season.  These people are toxic AF to each other.  I may have to nope out this season.  

Pardon the off-topic, but I had what I later learned was an anxiety attack while watching the 1/6 capitol insurgence in real time.  It helped me recognize that I have often experienced anxiety without realizing that's what it was (tightened chest, shallow breathing, jaw clenching/grinding).  I'm actually feeling that now, after watching the Brown Clowns on the new episode.

All that to say, I may need to rely on my Primetimer Peeps here to filled me in.  And yikes.

Yep - they are all being just awful to one another. Every single one of them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I realize we'll probably never know the truth about timelines and relationships.  But I would love to know the true status of relationships/marriages/sister wife friendships during filming of any given episode.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
Just now, CouchTater said:

I realize we'll probably never know the truth about timelines and relationships.  But I would love to know the true status of relationships/marriages/sister wife friendships during filming of any given episode.

That is so where I am.  A lot of these "reality" shows aren't reality at all.  they have producers and "scripts".  And the show is so far behind what they post on social media.  

• Love 12

Once you've watched this episode, go back and watch the very first episode ever for contrast. The juxtaposition is startling. From the optimistic, twinkly Kody speaking in his singsong voice, "My name is Kody Brown..." and how light, cheerful, and chipper it all was to this dark bullshit showing the demise of a family and all types of mental torture and abuse from everyone towards everyone else. The positioning. The plotting. The alliances that form and shift. What an absolute shitshow. 

Way to go Browns! You did it! You showed the world your type of polygamy and definitely helped everyone understand it better.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14

Wishing you all lots and lots of fun watching this trainwreck of a family tonight 😊Oh, how I envy you! Since I'm in Europe, I'll have to wait until a kind soul uploads this epic family saga on youtube, but I'm looking forward to reading the live thread and your hilarious recaps tomorrow. Those are much more entertaining than the show anyway😊Have a fun evening, and don't forget to style your eyebrows for this memorable event. For rill! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Elodia: I've sent you a message...

3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Once you've watched this episode, go back and watch the very first episode ever for contrast. The juxtaposition is startling.

I haven't watched the new episode yet but did watch season 1 a few weeks ago. And yes, you are absolutely right! As if there are two different families. It has convinced me again that one of the greater blessings in life is "not knowing what the future holds for you."  Imagine learning today, that in 10 years time, your life will go from heaven to hell, which what happened to the Browns in a nutshell.

If they ever do another special; I vote to do one on "The Brown family: from heaven to hell" Line up and analyse all the decisions they made that let them to where they are now, lightyears away from the wonderful plyg-life and house in Utah as one happy family..

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

Wishing you all lots and lots of fun watching this trainwreck of a family tonight 😊Oh, how I envy you! Since I'm in Europe, I'll have to wait until a kind soul uploads this epic family saga on youtube, but I'm looking forward to reading the live thread and your hilarious recaps tomorrow. Those are much more entertaining than the show anyway😊Have a fun evening, and don't forget to style your eyebrows for this memorable event. For rill! 

It’s already on YouTube.  I watched it this afternoon. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

Elodia: I've sent you a message

9 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

It’s already on YouTube.  I watched it this afternoon. 

Thank you so much, ladies❤️I really appreciate that! 

• Love 5
On 11/21/2021 at 6:15 PM, ginger90 said:

If anyone can't ""wrap their head around" how emotional manipulation works...that clip sums it up in 2 minutes.

Kody...You can choose for yourself. You can do what you want to do. I will choose for myself.

Also Kody (subtext through body language and tone) If you do not agree with me, I will not listen to you. I will make little noises but never actually come out a say anything like a grown up. I will disengage.

Kindness and love (what Kody considers to be love) are rewards to be handed out to anyone who parrots/mirrors back his desires, wishes and rules with a smile and kind eyes. You know, like how you train a dog with positive reinforcement, play and treats.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I guess god must have turned his back on the 798,000 who have died in the US.  Guess they were not as deserving of life as the Browns.

Bitch should just sit down and shut her piehole.  Outrageous to insinuate that they are somehow more deserving than others.

• Love 17