Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: One Final Hurdle

• Start Topic

The toughest mission yet occurs on land, air and sea, with the Faithful or Traitors winning it all.

Air date: March 7, 2024

Would it have been possible for Kate to pick MJ to murder, knowing she had the shield and was safe anyway? If everybody showed up at breakfast the next morning then it would look like there were no traitors left and Kate would have been safer. I don't know if that was even possible or if Alan would have forced her to pick somebody to signal that there was still at least one traitor left.

• Useful 11
10 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Would it have been possible for Kate to pick MJ to murder, knowing she had the shield and was safe anyway?

If Bergie's attempted murder was any indication, I think she could have.

11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

If everybody showed up at breakfast the next morning then it would look like there were no traitors left and Kate would have been safer.

MJ would have known someone tried to murder her. She would have still gotten the "murder letter" from the Traitors because Bergie still got one, even though he had the shield. That's how Bergie knew that the traitors tried to murder him. Bergie still did the scene of him getting the letter from the traitors saying that he had been murdered. He did that and then went to the breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)

Did CT just try to pull a Johnny Bananas and purposefully vote out MJ to steal the prize money from her? only to have that backfire at first because Trishelle voted for him?

All that MJ did just to get voted out in the end, and nobody actually thought she was a traitor... that's hilarious to me!

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
Just now, AntFTW said:

All that MJ did just to get voted out in the end, and nobody actually thought she was a traitor... that's hilarious to me!

Yeah, they didn't want to have to split three ways if they could get rid of her too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Kate's banishment around the firepit was pretty much a sure thing.  THAT SAID -- even if I'd been 99% sure she was a faithful, I would have voted to banish when she tried end the voting because she thought "they'd caught all the traitors."  As MJ pointed out correctly -- then who in the heck banished Sheree?  There had to be at least one more traitor and if Kate had really been a faithful, then she was a faithful who decided it would be cool to give away $200K.  

I LOVED Alan's blue plaid outfit.  It looked so classy and was tailored to perfection for him.  

The writing on the wall became more and more legible by mid-season and Dan's departure and his attack on Phaedra:  It was going to be a win for the faithfuls.   If Sandra or CT had been the last traitor, they might have had a chance.   Kate made a mistake being too loyal to Phaedra before the vote and then getting pissed at Phaedra during the vote.   I don't guess it matters much to Phaedra that Kate was a bad traitor; money wasn't going to Phaedra in any event. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

After the first final vote ended in a draw, it was obvious CT wasn't going to vote out Trishelle. The only hope MJ had would have been to switch her vote to CT (and support Trishelle's reasonings against CT). Voting for Trishelle again made no sense.

• Like 12
44 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I didn't see the reunion show from Season 1. Were there as many hard feelings among the Season 1 cast as there are among the Season 2 cast?

From what I recall:

Spoiler

Yes, there were bad feelings, especially with Andy and Quentin who were the runner-ups and felt very duped because they trusted Cirie. 

And Arie is still bitter that Cirie through him under the bus.

The episode surprised me a bit more than I thought it would.  MJ's reaction when CT and Trishelle voted to hold another vote was gold.  Voting out Sandra was so dumb on her part and I didn't feel bad for her one bit.  Even if Sandra were a traitor, she should have seen the CT and Trishelle alliance coming. 

But Trishelle choosing to vote out CT during the first vote legit surprised me. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

I didn't see the reunion show from Season 1. Were there as many hard feelings among the Season 1 cast as there are among the Season 2 cast?

Yes, there were.

• Like 1
(edited)

I’m glad CT won (Don't feel the same about Trishelle. Not fond of her at all.) but I HATE what happened to MJ.  Reminded me of Johnny Bananas’ shenanigans. My heart broke for her.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Like 15

Phaedra explicitly stated that the people who made it to the end were the people she was okay with winning. If that's okay, then it's okay that the people CT wanted to win actually won. 

I was a fan of Peter and a couple of the Pals. Therefore, I'm thrilled that the faithful that voted to banish Peter were banished or murdered!

MJ voted out Sandra, Peter, and plenty of other Faithfuls. On a show called The Traitors, MJ shouldn't be shocked that her two coworkers decided that they didn't want to split the prize money with her after a few weeks on the job. Especially if MJ didn't figure out how to build the types of relationships with CT and Trishelle that they built with Phaedra. 

At the end of the day, being team Bravolebrity wasn't enough. Just like being a Pal wasn't enough. Trishelle won because she connected with Phaedra, CT, and the Pals. CT won because Peter decided CT wasn't a Traitor and he connected with Phaedra and Trishelle.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

As an observer of CT for close to two decades, I can say that, ohhh, 10? years ago, I'd 100% agree that he played the end that way purely in order to take more $$$.  However, the CT I've observed the second decade?  I believe him when he says he wanted to vote MJ simply because Trischelle was sincerely the only player he fully trusted and just wasn't gonna take the chance on MJ.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

I believe him when he says he wanted to vote MJ simply because Trischelle was sincerely the only player he fully trusted and just wasn't gonna take the chance on MJ.

I don't know CT (or really any of the celebs beyond a passing recognition in some cases) but I'd find this easier to believe if it were about anyone but MJ.  There's no way I'd believe she'd be able to pull off the traitor role. It feels like she's pure emotion and if Kate's behavior gave things away, then MJ would have had a zillion tells.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6

I'm pleased with the outcome. IMO, MJ really didn't do anything during the course of the show so having her miss out on a third of the money doesn't bother me. 

Trishelle's CT vote was a truly WTF? moment though. I'm not entirely sure what she was trying to accomplish with that. But she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier so 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 10

If I’m CT I would have voted out Trishelle after she pulled that garbage. She was willing to cut him out but three seconds later he votes to split it with her.  To do that he must have been absolutely positive MJ was a traitor. But he’s not stupid at all, do I don’t get it 

• Like 3

I'm happy with the way it went down. What did MJ actually DO to earn the money? She was bad at physical challenges, she was bad at promoting people that she thought were traitors, she rode the coattails of her whole group. She was a goat(like in Survivor). I'm very happy that she didn't get any $$. 

And I'm happy she's bitter, shows the kind of person she really is. It's a game. John was right when he was trying to educate her.

That's why they should only pick game show contestants if they are going to do reality stars. None of them were pissed at who won, only the outliers were.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Happy to see CT win, I've never seen him win a Challenge (not sure if he won one after I stopped watching) so it was nice to see him take it home. I'm completely dumbfounded as to why Trishelle voted for CT at the very end. It made no sense. I get being in that setting makes you overthink everything, but still. 

MJ, you did NOTHING. I didn't really see her forge relationships other than with the rest of the Bravo plastics. So for her to be mad that two players who've known each other for 20 years felt they trusted each other more than they trusted her (Trishelle's minor last minute lapse aside) was ridiculous and John's smackdown of her at the reunion was satisfying to watch.

• Like 9
16 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Happy to see CT win, I've never seen him win a Challenge (not sure if he won one after I stopped watching) so it was nice to see him take it home. I'm completely dumbfounded as to why Trishelle voted for CT at the very end. It made no sense. I get being in that setting makes you overthink everything, but still. 

MJ, you did NOTHING. I didn't really see her forge relationships other than with the rest of the Bravo plastics. So for her to be mad that two players who've known each other for 20 years felt they trusted each other more than they trusted her (Trishelle's minor last minute lapse aside) was ridiculous and John's smackdown of her at the reunion was satisfying to watch.

He also won seasons 36 and 37 of the Challenge.  They underestimated the dad bod.  

• Like 4

How far in advance do the players tell producers how they plan to vote? (I'm assuming that's what happens because it allows production to wring the most drama out of each banishment by revealing the votes in a certain order.)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Yes, there were.

I remember being glad that they only cast reality personalities for season two since the “everyday people” in season one didn’t really seem to have the constitution for it. It seemed like reality TV people would have more of a sense that this was just a game. How wrong I was! Maybe moving forward they could only have “gamer” reality stars, as someone suggested, although I actually like the mix of people from different shows who bring different skills. 

Oh well. 

That said, I do think Phaedra has a legitimate gripe with Dan, as he came very close to the line of actually violating the rules of the show. 

• Like 2

This season kind of sucked, but the last ten minutes were shocking and hilarious. Like, suddenly it turned into this weird, misguided Hallmark movie about how Trishelle and CT healed their toxic friendship by throwing MJ under the bus.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I hated this ending. I had no problem with CT or Trishelle voting out MJ if they really suspected her, but I don't think that was the reason. I think they just wanted a bigger share of the prize. Would it have killed them to express just a twinge of regret for voting out someone who was loyal to them? Apparently, because they showed nothing but glee. And I had nothing but contempt for them.

Aside from Janelle, Dan, Sandra, Kate and Parvati, I knew nothing about any of these people prior to the season. I ended up liking Phaedra and losing a bit of respect for Dan. But at the end, I really despised CT and Trishelle. Their behavior at the final council left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Despite my misgivings about Kate's worthiness as a latecomer to the game, I wish she had won. At least she was fun. And seemed to have a conscience.

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I had no problem with CT or Trishelle voting out MJ if they really suspected her, but I don't think that was the reason. I think they just wanted a bigger share of the prize.

I take CT at his word when he says there’s no one else he’d rather share the prize with than Trishelle.

I don’t believe anyone actually thought MJ was a traitor. I actually find it pretty funny that MJ was voted out simply because she could be voted out.

It makes me wonder what would have happened if they kept stalemating.

12 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Happy to see CT win, I've never seen him win a Challenge (not sure if he won one after I stopped watching) so it was nice to see him take it home.

I imagine you stopped watching a while ago. He’s won five Challenges.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Would it have killed them to express just a twinge of regret for voting out someone who was loyal to them?

But was she loyal to them?  Or did she just not target them because there were other people she was voting out? I don't think MJ played with strategy or an alliance.  If she had, she would have considered that CT and Trishelle were competitive and would want to "win" as much as they could and likely were more loyal to one another than they would be to her.  That wouldn't be the case with Kate, Sandra, and an MJ alliance.

• Like 1
(edited)

Yeah, I fully admit my bias in favor of Challengers, especially the mainstays like CT, and I am trying hard to have empathy, but I just can't get there and feel bad for MJ.  She was a floater; she didn't do much of anything but hang with her fellow network friends; she contributed very little to the prize $$.

Upthread I probably wasn't sufficiently precise in my evaluation?, I guess, of how the final votes/stalemate played out.  As far as how CT handled it: he did exactly as he was I indicating in his talking heads, I think.  He made it pretty clear (to me) that Trishelle was the only person he fully trusted, and whether it made objective sense or not, it didn't matter who the third person was: he was gonna vote them out if he could.

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Like 6

I listened to another interview with Sandra, and she says that Trishelle had previously expressed some suspicions about CT being a traitor. Clearly, we never see that on the show until the very end.

53 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think MJ played with strategy or an alliance.

In this interview, Sandra also touched on MJ. She mentioned that MJ was kind of a rogue player and always did her own thing. I think we see that from time to time in the show. For Sandra, self-preservation takes precedence over finding a traitor and she demonstrates that when she breaks down the numbers with the billiards balls, and she’s telling the group that the traitors in “the Leftovers”, if any, need to also control the turret just as they all need to control the round table. Sandra also tells people that they can’t allow MJ to spend too much time with the Peter Pals or talk to them too much because MJ was always willing to hear people out and consider voting with them, rather than playing for preservation of the alliance.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, ladle said:

I don't care what anyone says: that was a quality episode of TV. 

I will say that was quite an entertaining episode.   I don't really like Trishelle but I am glad CT won.   But damn MJ, imagine if you had voted for CT first, that would've truly made for the greatest moment of reality TV.    CT and Trishelle's relationship would've totally taken a hit.

I will say this brings interesting implications to future versions of Traitors.   Two people (including a Traitor) could truly decide they will stick with each other till the end and then as long as they're in sync, pull the "keep on banishing" card until only the two of them remains.    But if one of them is a traitor, oooh weee.

Edited to say:  I haven't watched the reunion yet...but I definitely will need to get my popcorn ready.

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I hated this ending. I had no problem with CT or Trishelle voting out MJ if they really suspected her, but I don't think that was the reason. I think they just wanted a bigger share of the prize. 

This. And I think if they'd just admit that, it'd be easier to take. Although, I actually believe Trishelle might have had a little fear for a minute that CT was a traitor. I don't believe for 1 second CT thought MJ was though, he just wanted as much money as he could get. Which, hey, that's fine, but own up to it.

5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

In this interview, Sandra also touched on MJ. She mentioned that MJ was kind of a rogue player and always did her own thing. I think we see that from time to time in the show. For Sandra, self-preservation takes precedence over finding a traitor and she demonstrates that when she breaks down the numbers with the billiards balls, and she’s telling the group that the traitors in “the Leftovers”, if any, need to also control the turret just as they all need to control the round table. Sandra also tells people that they can’t allow MJ to spend too much time with the Peter Pals or talk to them too much because MJ was always willing to hear people out and consider voting with them, rather than playing for preservation of the alliance.

So, MJ was basically playing the game the way it's intended to be played. I feel CT and Trishelle both mostly did that as well tbh. And I appreciated that about all of them.

47 minutes ago, Meedis said:

I haven't watched the reunion yet...but I definitely will need to get my popcorn ready.

Eh, it wasn't that interesting lol.

• Like 3

Since the final banishment is a version of the prisoners' dilemma, if there's an incentive for voting out the Traitor I think there should be a repercussion for voting out a Faithful. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

As far as how CT handled it: he did exactly as he was I indicating in his talking heads, I think.  He made it pretty clear (to me) that Trishelle was the only person he fully trusted, and whether it made objective sense or not, it didn't matter who the third person was: he was gonna vote them out if he could.

Right. Near the end, and in post-show interviews, CT has pretty consistently said that he didn't trust the non-Trishelle competitors. At the circle of fire, he said that Trishelle was the only person with whom he felt "comfortable" sharing the pot of gold. Even when talking about Phaedra in interviews he talks about her batting her eyelashes at him and more or less suggests that the thought she might be playing him and doesn't know how real any of it was. 

Peter mentioned that being banished hurts because it means that your peers turned on you. In this interview MJ said she decided to banish Peter because he kicked her out the room. Even though the bachelor didn't let MJ hang with him and his crew and no one lit her torch, MJ made it to the final three. She thought she proved herself. Only for CT and Trishelle, to reject her. 

Folks want Trishelle and CT to admit that they're greedy. But the money is incidental. To them and to MJ. MJ is hurt because they rejected her. They denied her the opportunity to be The Traitors US Season 2 co-winner. CT and Trishelle saying that they wanted an extra $40k or whatever isn't going to change the fact that MJ was proud to make it to the end. Then instead of allowing MJ to win in a game where she'd been rejected by multiple other contestants twice, CT and Trishelle made the finale all about them and their relationship with EACH OTHER.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I imagine you stopped watching a while ago. He’s won five Challenges.

I stopped watching around the 20th or 21st season, it's definitely been awhile.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, MJ was basically playing the game the way it's intended to be played. I feel CT and Trishelle both mostly did that as well tbh. And I appreciated that about all of them.

With regard to MJ, yes. It seems she was genuinely hunting for traitors.

For CT and Trishelle, I think it was a mixed bag. I feel like CT went with the numbers when it was convenient. With Trishelle, I think her game may have been a little different if her alliance wasn’t getting wiped out everyday. I think once her entire alliance put themselves out there and decided to isolate themselves (with a minority of numbers), Trishelle didn’t have much of a choice but to actually try to get out people she thought were traitors because she was vulnerable every time. Trishelle couldn’t coast with numbers like the Bravo people. She had to try everything she could because she was at risk of being voted out or murdered every time. 

I think MJ had the best of both worlds. People believed she was a faithful and they considered her to be within the Bravo clique. People knew voting for MJ would have been a wasted banishment and she was within the Bravo clique so I believe she had some amount of protection from murder with Phaedra being a traitor. That allowed her to seemingly coast, be a little rogue and have no consequences for a stray vote.

26 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

I stopped watching around the 20th or 21st season, it's definitely been awhile.

That makes sense. That was around the end of CT’s “meathead” era. His first win was season 24.

• Useful 1
On 3/8/2024 at 12:57 AM, Rae Spellman said:

Especially if MJ didn't figure out how to build the types of relationships with CT and Trishelle that they built with Phaedra. 

At the end of the day, being team Bravolebrity wasn't enough. Just like being a Pal wasn't enough. Trishelle won because she connected with Phaedra, CT, and the Pals. CT won because Peter decided CT wasn't a Traitor and he connected with Phaedra and Trishelle.

I will say that the more information comes out via interviews and stuff, the more unfortunate I think the editing is. And for the most part, it's evident that this rendition of Traitors is skewed towards Gamers being potential winners with Non-Gamers only being there for entertainment purposes, which sucks.

Because apparently, based on what Kate and others said is that MJ DID have a relationship with CT. And that friendship didn't make the cut like, say, Phaedra's fondness for CT. And that sucks because it gives context to why MJ chose to keep CT over Trishelle. But without that context, she comes across like an idiot, and it's also not lost that the entire back half of the season, they more so gave her the edit of being clownish. They've essentially used many of the non-gamers for meme worthy content, but little else which kinda sucks.

So if Kate and I think Sandra maybe acknowledged that MJ and CT were pretty close, it puts the outcome and MJs reaction to the portrayal into perspective, but without that context, she's just "the dramatic sore loser who didn't do anything all season."

Also, what MJ did contribute in the first half is suddenly erased or diminished. She DID bank some money. And out of many of the Bravos she was active during challenges whether she was great at them or not. She was one of the first ones who clocked Dan and stood by that until it got her portrayed as rogue. She was someone who strategized and she did have fairly decent reads in the first part of the season. And she got rejected and left out a lot but still managed to have a decent enough spot in the game.

The Bravo lites thing is always crazy to me because the gamers lumped them together before they even had reason to and essentially forced them to stay together. Many of the Bravos were pretty flexible until they had to be a block.Mj especially was one of them.

But by the end she got the clown edit as some buffoon who couldn't measure up to gamers like Trishelle and CT, and that's not to say she played well because she didn't. But there are clearly other factors here into play that add more context to how she played that got left out and now it impacts how she was depicted overall, which sucks. I would be a bit pissed about that myself. Especially her friendship with CT. 

And this one is really out there, but as someone who was in disbelief at how Sheree was in La La land the entire time and found it hilarious, her final episode and her reaction to getting murdered by Kate as well as her comments about being being at the bottom of the Peter Pals is starting to make me think she was more aware of the game than we were led to believe. There was also that moment during the finale when they were talking about Phaedra and how she became a favorite where Sheree looked annoyed or something, and I think it's because Phaedra and Kate are the only Bravo people who got decent edits. I'm not saying Sheree stood a chance in this game AT ALL, butI'm genuinely starting to wonder about her and others' edits based on what has come out afterward. And it makes you consider little moments we HAVE seem in a different light. 

The consensus they keep pushing though is that gamers are who play to win and non gamers are there for memes and clicks and entertainment. I'm wondering how next season will play out. Survivor, Challengers, now what? A Big Brother winner? 

I'm a huge fan of comp reality. But I love the other forms as well and like that there is a mix of both. But I do have to wonder what good is that blend if they keep heavily pushing the narrative that only gamers should, can, and stand a chance at winning because of their previous experience.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Since the final banishment is a version of the prisoners' dilemma, if there's an incentive for voting out the Traitor I think there should be a repercussion for voting out a Faithful. 

Yes!!! I think there's a flaw in the game design - at the end, if there are two traitors and one faithful there's no possible way for the faithful to win and there should be. In this case, two of the players can decide ahead of time (although it doesn't appear they did this) to vote out a faithful just so they can split the pot two ways instead of three. I think, when it gets down to the final three and they are all faithful, anyone who votes to banish again should lose their share of the pot. 

• Like 2

Having a murder after the banishment before the final challenge is a mistake IMO, because it telegraphs that there IS still a Traitor in their midst, which is probably somewhat intentional but still. 

That said, the Traitors.Ca "trick" of not having a banished reveal themselves isn't really fair either. 

I think one variation I would like to see would be to set up another delayed death. So the traitors do their final 2 murders before the last round tables, so people know that even if they get the traitor, some one else is (or may) still be dying before the final challenge. 

• Useful 2

Don't know where I stand on the split the pot - it's definitely against Survivor rules to do that as a strategy.  It seemed like CT and Trishelle had agreed from the beginning to do so.  Which made her voting for him so strange.

I loved Kate orchestrating Sandra's banishment.  She did a great job of convincing CT that Sandra was more dangerous than she was.  It was a gamer performance.

What if traitors didn't know the identity of other traitors? They could meet like they do on The Circle. And I'd also come up with some incentive for $$ won during challenges (or sabotaging ala The Mole). Maybe it could be a deciding factor in the event of a tie during the final vote.

Not that there's much really wrong with the present format, but I think a few tweaks could make it better.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Sweet-n-Snarky said:

I will say that the more information comes out via interviews and stuff, the more unfortunate I think the editing is.

Oh, the editing is absolutely atrocious. I've been saying it all season. It's Big brother levels of horrible. I think knowing just how bad it is is what made this season flop for me. Such a shame.

• Like 2
On 3/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, Sweet-n-Snarky said:

Because apparently, based on what Kate and others said is that MJ DID have a relationship with CT. And that friendship didn't make the cut like, say, Phaedra's fondness for CT.

Based on all the interviews I've listened to about the season, it seems like CT made the effort to be cool and have relationships with everyone, especially the ladies on the show. It's been said that he would greet each of them individually every morning, check on them, and always make sure they were all good. Watching the show, you wouldn't know any of that.

On 3/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, Sweet-n-Snarky said:

And this one is really out there, but as someone who was in disbelief at how Sheree was in La La land the entire time and found it hilarious, her final episode and her reaction to getting murdered by Kate as well as her comments about being being at the bottom of the Peter Pals is starting to make me think she was more aware of the game than we were led to believe.

all-of-this-pointing.gif

• Like 4
On 3/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, QQQQ said:

But what if the faithful didn't want to eliminate another faithful but were forced to vote because the others threw red fire? I don't think they should be punished for that. And this final banishment could have gone very differently. MJ could have changed it by being in game mode, and she wasn't. If she were in game mode she would have seen a huge red flag when CT wrote her name down. She should have pivoted and teamed up with Trishelle on the next vote and tried to talk her into voting for CT again, and the two of them vote for CT. The previous vote being a three-way split was a gift to MJ that she didn't capitalize on. Instead it was like she just walked right into her own grave voluntarily. If MJ had successfully contributed to eliminating CT, then I don't think she should be punished for eliminating a faithful when she was forced to vote in the first place. She threw green, she didn't want to vote again.

1 hour ago, LeDucDiableBleu said:

She should have pivoted and teamed up with Trishelle on the next vote and tried to talk her into voting for CT again, and the two of them vote for CT.

In an interview with Rob Cesterino afterwards, Trishelle stated that on the way to the firepit, she told MJ "you are the only one i trust, i want you at the end", which was her way of trying to tell MJ that she no longer trusted CT and was supposed to be a clue to MJ to vote for CT when Trishelle chose the red bag after Kate was eliminated.  But MJ missed the clue.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
On 3/8/2024 at 1:10 AM, Duke Silver said:

As an observer of CT for close to two decades, I can say that, ohhh, 10? years ago, I'd 100% agree that he played the end that way purely in order to take more $$$.  However, the CT I've observed the second decade?  I believe him when he says he wanted to vote MJ simply because Trischelle was sincerely the only player he fully trusted and just wasn't gonna take the chance on MJ.

When I was watching the fire pit part, I thought for sure that CT and Trishelle had discussed (obviously off camera) and were in on it.  I was shocked when she voted for him.  I was certain that they had "gamed" it together to win the money just for the two of them, and - quite frankly - thought they were brilliant little sneaks.  Good for them!  And I'm still not convinced that they didn't, and that Trishelle's vote for him wasn't just for drama.  But, CT's shocked face did look real.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

When I was watching the fire pit part, I thought for sure that CT and Trishelle had discussed (obviously off camera) and were in on it.  I was shocked when she voted for him.  I was certain that they had "gamed" it together to win the money just for the two of them, and - quite frankly - thought they were brilliant little sneaks.  Good for them!  And I'm still not convinced that they didn't, and that Trishelle's vote for him wasn't just for drama.  But, CT's shocked face did look real.

If Trishelle had voted for MJ, I would believe that they planned it.

That's a real risk to take if they didn't vote the same way.

• Like 1