Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Weight of Deceit

• Start Topic

With only seven players remaining in the competition, the Faithful seem to be closing in as doubt about one Traitor spreads among even their most ardent supporters.

Air date: February 29, 2024

It would be oddly satisfying if Kate won.

Although Kate did too much when voting for Phaedra. She said way too much.

Sandra is right to be a little suspicious of that because, unless we're missing something that happened (which is not out of the realm of possibility), Kate calling Phaedra "selfish" came out of nowhere.

• Like 18
(edited)

I've never seen Sandra's Survivor seasons but its my understanding that her MO is to stay under the radar and watch everyone else fight.  But she is always there at the end.  There was a chance that Kate might have been suspicious about Sandra's questioning, but then MJ jumped in -- will Kate think that this means Sandra was satisfied with the joint answer?   If she does, then there is no reason for Kate to murder Sandra tonight.  And, in fact, she should keep her since her effort to protect Phaedra involved throwing shade at Sandra.  

I agree with @AntFTW that Kate went too far with the "selfish" accusation.  I'm guessing she was pissed at Phaedra and couldn't keep from letting her know.  

Does Sandra know that Kate was tossing her name around?   I'm not sure the remaining Bravos have a reason to tell Sandra.  Unless she begins to tell people about her Kate suspicions, and they share.

On one hand, Kate is kind of fun and it would be interesting to have her win.  But on the other, I don't really like it when a single player is protected for weeks at the start of a game like this.  And what greater protection could there be than to not be subject to being voted out for the first three or four votes.   I wouldn't mind if Kate had shared a pot as a faithful, but it isn't necessarily fair for her to swoop in late and win it all as the last Traitor standing. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 12
1 minute ago, Thalia said:

Does Sandra know that Kate was tossing her name around?

I don't think she knew but I mean once Kate couldn't give a name, I felt that was a sign to Sandra that something was up or it should have been a sign.

Kate said they should save Phaedra for another day because there is someone else that could be a traitor. However, Kate is talking with three people. There is only seven people in the house. That only left Trishelle and Sheree, both of whom everyone is convinced are faithfuls. I felt that couldn't have been more obvious, especially for a Survivor player, that something was up the moment Kate couldn't give a name since she's pushing to vote someone else other than Phaedra. On Survivor, that would sound some alarm bells. If you're pushing to vote someone else out, you better have a name ready to say.

12 minutes ago, Thalia said:

On one hand, Kate is kind of fun and it would be interesting to have her win.

I'm right there with you. I feel like they really wouldn't see it coming. I really want to see the shocked looks on their faces.

It would be nice revenge because I was rooting for Phaedra. Once Dan called her out, I figured at best she would be voted out at the end anyway... but I at least wanted her to make it to the end even if she was voted out.

I also would like Trishelle to lose. I want all the Peter Pals to lose.

18 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I wouldn't mind if Kate had shared a pot as a faithful, but it isn't necessarily fair for her to swoop in late and win it all as the last Traitor standing. 

And then only do 2 or 3 murders. I understand Cirie's perspective from last season when she said the reason she didn't share the prize with Arie was because she felt Arie came in as a traitor at the last minute. Arie didn't deal with that stress from day one.

• Like 8

Welp, that happened.

I think Phaedra was just worn out. I know it’s only two weeks, but the stress of constantly deceiving while maintaining a public facade has to be exhausting. And when she had to look a longtime friend in the eye and flat out lie, I think that broke her. I have to commend her, though. She played a hell of a game, up until she just couldn’t do it anymore.

Kate’s comment was impulsive and unwise, and it may well be her undoing.  I think she was just frustrated by Phaedra’s possum behavior and wanted Phaedra to know it. Unfortunately for her, there were other ears there, too.  Most of those ears haven’t been too quick at transmitting info to their brains this season, but Sandra is pretty sharp. And she’s like a dog with a bone. I don’t think she’ll be letting this go.

I agree that Kate is not an ideal winner with her late entry to the game + late entry to traitor status, but I think I’d rather see her take it than have Sandra be hailed a a hero for unmasking her. The last thing Sandra needs is another virtual tiara to wear while crowing about how she’s the queen of all TV.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
40 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think Phaedra was just worn out. I know it’s only two weeks, but the stress of constantly deceiving while maintaining a public facade has to be exhausting. And when she had to look a longtime friend in the eye and flat out lie, I think that broke her.

And constantly having to fight.

I assume there's a roundtable everyday. Constantly having to defend yourself against people who are just relentless, never letting up, gets tiring. Knowing your name will always be called out and written down, no matter what you do or say, is exhausting. Granted, they don't have a ton of information to work with but it's hard to defend yourself against "evidence" that would be meaningless in the real world, but mean everything in The Traitors. It's hard to defend yourself against people's perceptions of how you should react, how should say things, and how you should emote.

If I'm being bombarded with that all the time, at some point, I'd just say "fuck it."

• Like 4
(edited)

Did Phaedra even try the pontoons once? That’s the selfish behavior I thought Kate was referring to.

Edited by MartyQui
Mispelling
  • Like 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

Did Phaedra even try the pontoons once? That’s the selfish behavior I thought Kate was referring to.

Is that what the floating things were? If so, yes she did. The edit made it appear she was the first to do it, whether that's true or not who knows but she did do it at least once. Also, it didn't appear Kate did it much either so I don't think she'd have a leg to stand on there.

I really don't want Kate to win. In general, I will always root for the faithfuls to win anyway. I can be OK with a Traitor winning but it's not the outcome I really want. And on top of the advantages the Traitors already have, Kate got to sit out several murders/banishments. I do like her though, her weird takedown of Phaedra at the roundtable notwithstanding. 

Honestly, I'm glad this season is almost over lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 11

At this point, I'm actually rooting for Trishelle, CT, or Sandra to win it all. THAT'S how unremarkable this crew is. I'm going to be pissed if some Bravo person that really hasn't contributed anything to the pot or gameplay ends up taking home the cash. And I can never get behind a late entrant winning either. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

In the iterations of the show that I've seen (UK Series 1, US series 1) there's always at least 3 people in the final. If there's a traitor in that mix, the traitor gets the whole pot, if there isn't a traitor in the mix the pot is shared by the winners. 

After targeting Peppermint in the first episodes I would love to see Trishelle lose big time.  It just wouldn't be fair for Kate to win because she wasn't in the first several episoes.  Sandra and Sheree have been essentially non-entities thus far.  I would hope CT and MJ win and share the pot.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

At this point, I'm actually rooting for Trishelle, CT, or Sandra to win it all. THAT'S how unremarkable this crew is. I'm going to be pissed if some Bravo person that really hasn't contributed anything to the pot or gameplay ends up taking home the cash. And I can never get behind a late entrant winning either. 

I'm ok w/ CT or Sandra winning it but I'd rather Trishelle miss out.  She is just too off-putting to me.  The way she talks to people is grating. I couldn't believe how she talked to MJ, Sheree and Kate last night.  People aren't voting w/ her side because they've been so isolating and unwelcoming! Kicking people out of rooms and basically calling the others dumb is not going to sway people to your side!!

• Like 11

I actively HATE Trishelle so for me it's just further proof of how shitty this season has been that I'm actually entertaining the idea. 

MJ has been a total non-entity just blindly voting with the Bravo folks. And I can't really recall any challenges that she excelled in. 

Can we have an option where the pot just gets donated to charity instead???

• Like 9

It was crazy to see Trishelle and CT take the gold to pot when everyone else was standing around and talking and laughing. If I remember correctly CT and Trishelle were also the ones who did the majority of the work in the tunnel challenge. In future seasons they should keep the more physical players around until the end because relying on one or two people to do the work in the challenges is too risky.

I think Kate wanted to keep Phaedra in until the final banishment because that takes the heat off her. Before her remarks at the roundtable no one was suspecting Kate. Although they should have suspected Kate when she tried to deflect votes to Sandra, but they didn't seem to pick up on that. I think that's why Kate was so upset with her at the roundtable. She felt like Phaedra could have done more to throw people off. But really the arguments from CT, John, Peter and Trishelle from the previous round were ironclad and couldn't be refuted. The only reason Phaedra was even there one more day was because of her Bravo protection alliance.

It'll be interesting to see how Sandra comes into play at the end. Either as being murdered or being the key to voting out Kate. I'm rooting for her, but it also seems unlikely that two Survivors would win in a row. Also I wonder if there'll be another recruitment. If so, Kate might even recruit Sandra. Because Kate was aggressively steering people toward her, it would be easy to continue to do that and the rest of them would feel like they voted out a traitor without looking at Kate being one, too.

• Like 5

Ugh, this season had such promise! How the hell did we get here? 

The convoy of Bravo plastics has destroyed what could have been an epic season. That being said, I am bummed Phaedra was banished despite the fact that it was inevitable at this point. She should be proud of herself though, she played a great game and I firmly believe she wouldn't have come under fire so consistently had it not been for Dan. It sucked to see her just give up but I think having to lie right to Sheree's face was the tipping point for her. 

I would hate to see Kate win. She was annoying last season and she's equally annoying this season. I agree it would suck to have a winner that started several weeks in. 

I haven't seen CT on my screen in some time (I don't really keep up with the new seasons of the Challenge) but I love seeing how far he's come. His adorable Bachelor-esque joke at breakfast is such a far cry from the CT I remember. Still, I've always had a soft spot for CT, so he is the only one I'm rooting for at this point. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I was creeped out when MJ essentially said her husband was going to be really displeased if she didn't come home with any money, like there might be some dire consequences for her if she didn't win.

• Like 1

Bye, Felaedra.

I don't mind celebrities playing, but they need to find more interesting ones and some that can actually, you know, do shit.

It seems like a number of challenges come with a physical component. The last two challenges have been an embarrassment of physical ineptitude except for two players.

Hopefully Kate will find a way to screw it up. Her winning would be anti-climactic.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I was creeped out when MJ essentially said her husband was going to be really displeased if she didn't come home with any money, like there might be some dire consequences for her if she didn't win.

I took that as a joke.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, LeDucDiableBleu said:

It'll be interesting to see how Sandra comes into play at the end. Either as being murdered or being the key to voting out Kate. I'm rooting for her, but it also seems unlikely that two Survivors would win in a row. Also I wonder if there'll be another recruitment. If so, Kate might even recruit Sandra. Because Kate was aggressively steering people toward her, it would be easy to continue to do that and the rest of them would feel like they voted out a traitor without looking at Kate being one, too.

I don’t think Sandra will be murdered because Kate is trying to use her as a shield. She is working hard to focus those last banishment votes on Sandra. She also doesn’t know that Sandra is on to her.

Is there even time for another recruitment? I don’t think so, because unless  the final banishment is a double, it would guarantee a win for the traitor(s).

I don’t know who I want to win. Of the remaining players, I like Kate the best, but a win for her would be problematic for reasons already mentioned. I don’t want Sandra to win because her ego doesn’t need more stroking. I would root for Trishelle because she has had the smartest reads in the room, but I don’t think I like her. Sheree has been such a nonentity I didn’t even know she was there for most of the game.  MJ is boring and I don’t think she’s done much. So, CJ? He seems like kind of a dick but he’s played a decent game. I don’t know. I think I’d just give it to Alan and let him use the money to buy some more fabulous outfits.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)

I have zero history with 99% of these people so I don’t have any pre-liking or pre-hating for any of them. The only ones I knew were Parvati and Sandra and I am very much a non-fan of both.

So based on what I’ve seen, I like CT and Trishelle the most.  They have worked the hardest to put money in the bank and their instincts have been the most accurate, particularly Trishelle.  So I’d be fine with either of them winning.  

I’ve liked Kate much more in this season — I really did not enjoy her shtick one bit last season — but I still don’t want a Traitor to win.  

Sheree and MJ are kind of non-entities to me, though I thought Sheree’s extreme loyalty to Phaedra was silly in a game of deception like this.

I’m so glad to not have to look at Phaedra’s eyes anymore — I don’t understand that makeup.  I chuckled a little when Sheree said she was going to look into Phaedra’s eyes — I said “how?”

Please please please don’t let Sandra win.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
13 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Ugh, this season had such promise! How the hell did we get here? 

The convoy of Bravo plastics has destroyed what could have been an epic season.

Dan taking Parvati and Phaedra's games down with his started the downfall, and I believe that the momentum-killing chain-of-safety episode that had no elimination made it worse, and all but finished the job.

The only Bravo celebrity that's destroyed things to me has been Sheree.  I don't know if she's all there, and I can't get over her throwing her vote away to John just because she "needed more time," whatever she was supposed to mean by that.  M.J. doesn't seem problematic to me.

• Like 1
On 3/1/2024 at 1:24 AM, AntFTW said:

I assume there's a roundtable everyday. Constantly having to defend yourself against people who are just relentless, never letting up, gets tiring. Knowing your name will always be called out and written down, no matter what you do or say, is exhausting. Granted, they don't have a ton of information to work with but it's hard to defend yourself against "evidence" that would be meaningless in the real world, but mean everything in The Traitors. It's hard to defend yourself against people's perceptions of how you should react, how should say things, and how you should emote.

I've been thinking about how this season will affect Traitors in future seasons.  The main path to victory as shown in season 1 was simple:  Be Cirie Fields.  Frankly, it is probably the lesson from season 2 as well.  Cirie was friendly, approachable, willing to dish, knew when to keep quiet and when to speak up.  She was the mother everyone wanted.  

This year, I'm not sure.  I think the gamers, like Dan and Parvati were always going to be suspect, and they should have acted like Faithfuls from the beginning.   Joining in on the dish, tossing out names quietly before they got to the roundtable, and not calling any attention to themselves by taking the lead at the roundtable.  Phaedra got far just being part of the Bravo alliance, but once Dan targeted her, she was doomed.  Because yeah, once you're on several someone's radar it is difficult to defend yourself in this game.  

I need to watch a UK season.  It is fun to watch the reality stars we know, but when they also know each other and their reps, I suspect it is harder for the players. 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Phaedra got far just being part of the Bravo alliance, but once Dan targeted her, she was doomed.  

I don't think the Bravo alliance was why she got far. She was playing Traitor well, like Cirie but without the emotional manipulation lol. But once Dan threw her under, Trishelle realized what that meant and then the suspicion just grew. She made it a few banishments after that on the strength of the Bravo alliance for sure but up until then she was actually playing very well.

I think when you have all reality stars, you have people who already know each other and therefore are able to tell when someone they know is a traitor (which hurts the game) and that people might not particularly care about getting rid of traitors (which is the point of the game) until the very end anyway because they feel they will be protected by them since they know each other outside of the game.

I think this is the kind of game where it should be all strangers and therefore it basically needs to be all unknowns.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Thalia said:

I need to watch a UK season.  It is fun to watch the reality stars we know, but when they also know each other and their reps, I suspect it is harder for the players. 

I watched the first UK season. It was phenomenal! It gave me everything I like about reality TV.

This year, I'm not sure.  I think the gamers, like Dan and Parvati were always going to be suspect, and they should have acted like Faithfuls from the beginning.

I agree. The way they acted was suspicious. People clocked Dan right away. However, I feel like their gameplay wouldn’t have changed all that much if they were faithfuls.

Phaedra got far just being part of the Bravo alliance, but once Dan targeted her, she was doomed.  Because yeah, once you're on several someone's radar it is difficult to defend yourself in this game.

Yes, Dan single-handedly tanked Phaedra’s game. Phaedra was on a sinking ship ever since.

I thought maybe Parvati could have thrown Phaedra a bone when she was voted out and said something like “Phaedra, my vote is for you but I’m pretty sure you’re not a traitor” because Parvati did learn that Phaedra had some loyalty to her fellow traitors and Phaedra never threw them under the bus.

14 hours ago, Rodney said:

Dan taking Parvati and Phaedra's games down with his started the downfall

I think Parvati tanked her own game. They suspected Parvati before Dan did anything.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I thought Phaedra played a strong game until near the end. She didn't do well responding to John, who went on too long but laid out a good case against her. Phaedra matched him in length, but she didn't make any sense. Then she appeared to fold at the end of the next round table. 

I would like to see the faithfuls take this one. I don't feel Kate has "earned" the victory because she didn't go through the early rounds of the game. At least, she had the good sense to write Phaedra's name down at the end.  

I also prefer unknowns as players. Generally, they need the money and are motivated to do the challenges and play hard to win. The money is life changing for average people, but maybe not so much for these celebrities. 

• Like 10

Phaedra ended up in the same place as Dan - unable to name someone else as a possible traitor.  She was lurking in the Bravo group, and really lurking as a traitor.  Kate was right, she was selfish. Kate was wrong to actually say it out loud.

I thought the two of them should have murdered MJ or Sheree, not John.  They still would have had the votes to take out who ever they wanted to, if they could build a reasonable case.

And no botox in England!  Who knew?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Phaedra ended up in the same place as Dan - unable to name someone else as a possible traitor.  She was lurking in the Bravo group, and really lurking as a traitor.  Kate was right, she was selfish. Kate was wrong to actually say it out loud.

THIS. As amusing as I found Phaedra, it became increasingly apparent to me that she was just coasting on Bravo loyalty. I mean, even when she was in the turret she never really spoke up or contributed much to the traitors' strategy. I totally got Kate's frustration with her. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
35 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I thought the two of them should have murdered MJ or Sheree, not John.  They still would have had the votes to take out who ever they wanted to, if they could build a reasonable case.

I agree.   I was thinking they should've went for MJ because that would've thrown confusion to Trishelle and John (and even CT) who were strongly on the Phaedra bandwagon.    They would wonder if perhaps one of them were the traitor since they would question why the traitors didn't go for one of them.

• Like 8

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I'm actually loving this show and this season, and I thought Phaedra was perfectly cast as a traitor. 

The one thing that's not jiving for me, as others have said, is the connection to the challenges. I haven't watched the UK or AUS versions of the show, so I'd be interested to see how well the challenges are integrated there. But from the two US seasons I've watch so far, there just doesn't seem to be any urgency to do well on the challenges. What's the incentive, other than the long odds of maybe winning some money on the off chance you do make it to the end? I feel like there needs to be some sort of more immediate benefit, like the shield goes to the top performer on the challenge. Of course you'd need some metric for determining that, which could be tricky. But say in the pontoon challenge, you could award the shield to the individual player who banked the most gold. 

• Like 11

Oof. For a show that's so much about talking to people, we don't have a lot of great talkers this season.

LOL at the scene were Trishelle made such a huge deal of confronting the Bravo alliance and then she just kind of stood there going, "I don't know you, you know. I feel like you have a group."

I was pleasantly surprised that MJ voted for Peter, just because I think it's more interesting if Peter gets banished instead of the obvious Traitor and I thought, by the way the show was dragging it out, that she'd pick Phaedra. I had forgotten, though, that Peter hurt her feelings -- and that's a good motivation for wanting it to be him and not being terribly sorry to get rid of him if it isn't.

The pontoon task was kind of sad. I feel like, if your challenge is so hard that most of the cast can't do it, maybe the challenge should be easier. Those platforms looked really far apart.

Also, I noticed that Trishelle and CT both did well in that challenge and won it by themselves, but, at least in the edit we saw, the reaction to Trishelle doing well was, "Yeah, well, she has long legs," and the reaction to CT doing well was, "Oooo CT, he's the hero of the challenge!" (I'm paraphrasing.)

I don't have any pre-existing feelings about Trishelle and I've never seen her other show, but I feel like her narrative on this show is that she's playing pretty well but everyone ignores her.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

thought the two of them should have murdered MJ or Sheree, not John.

Didn't MJ have the last shield? And she got it in front of everyone during that challenge where they jumped from pontoon to pontoon, so everybody knew she had it. 

38 minutes ago, ladle said:

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I'm actually loving this show and this season, and I thought Phaedra was perfectly cast as a traitor. 

No you're not alone.   I'm definitely enjoying the show and it's been dreadful waiting for the next episodes to drop.   Thankfully I watched the UK and Australian versions to pass the time between episodes.

5 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Didn't MJ have the last shield? And she got it in front of everyone during that challenge where they jumped from pontoon to pontoon, so everybody knew she had it. 

She didn't have the shield when John was murdered...the pontoon challenge was afterwards.

2 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

THIS. As amusing as I found Phaedra, it became increasingly apparent to me that she was just coasting on Bravo loyalty. I mean, even when she was in the turret she never really spoke up or contributed much to the traitors' strategy. I totally got Kate's frustration with her. 

Phaedra's game play was all about coasting which is actually pretty smart.  She coasted on her connections to the other housewives and she coasted on the fact her fellow traitors were 100% more into playing the game than she was.  She basically got to mostly chill while the other gave themselves away.

But I get Kate's irritation with her.  And she might have been better off recruiting someone like CT or Trishelle.  Both of them strike me as competitive and both of them likely would have had no problem taking the lead in strategy--and if she's lucky, it might have been to the point that they started acting suspicious.  I might have gone with Trishelle because she would have had to make the biggest pivot from traitor hunting to not.

1 hour ago, ladle said:

I haven't watched the UK or AUS versions of the show, so I'd be interested to see how well the challenges are integrated there. But from the two US seasons I've watch so far, there just doesn't seem to be any urgency to do well on the challenges.

I think there was more urgency during last year's season but it's the weakest part of the show, for sure.  I think I even felt that way during the international versions I saw. 

There's nothing intriguing about them, other than the shield, unlike The Mole.

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

It'll protect her during the final (presumably) kill.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Meedis said:

I agree.   I was thinking they should've went for MJ because that would've thrown confusion to Trishelle and John (and even CT) who were strongly on the Phaedra bandwagon.

I was thinking the same about getting rid of MJ. I'm not sure if Phaedra and Kate picked up on MJ's loyalty being questionable, but I definitely thought MJ should have been up for consideration. Even with them keeping John around and murdering MJ, they still had the numbers.

Kate, at least, should have picked up on MJ being curious enough to vote for Phaedra. That's because when Peter took Phaedra to the other room to distract her, Trishelle talked to Kate, Sheree, Sandra and MJ about voting for Phaedra. MJ indicated that she was willing to consider it (which I'm sure the producers made that a prominent moment just to leave us with the cliffhanger they gave us).

However, I'm not sure if Kate, who seemed like she really wanted to save Phaedra, passed that information to Phaedra.

12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Phaedra's game play was all about coasting which is actually pretty smart.  She coasted on her connections to the other housewives and she coasted on the fact her fellow traitors were 100% more into playing the game than she was.  She basically got to mostly chill while the other gave themselves away.

Right! Phaedra used the other traitors as a shield. They were bigger and more obvious targets than she was, and she relied on that.

Also, I'll add that Janelle has said that Phaedra would also do some "traitor hunting" with her, speculating about who might be a traitor.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I thought the two of them should have murdered MJ or Sheree, not John. 

I said the same thing during the show, but they didn’t listen to me.

Phaedra fell into Dan’s trap of letting emotions rule your decisions. Last season, murder targets were consciously random, in order to cause confusion. It was a much better strategy. If Phaedra had taken out a Housewife, that might have made them reconsider her.

The producers love the All Star format, so I think that’s here to stay. But I read (here?) that Peacock will be showing seasons from other countries once this season ends, so we’ll be getting stranger danger versions. Just not with Americans.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But I read (here?) that Peacock will be showing seasons from other countries once this season ends, so we’ll be getting stranger danger versions. Just not with Americans.

Can confirm that several of them are currently available.  UK s1 has eaten up a lot of my Saturday and I’m good with that!  Same castle, same challenges, different host, and a few twists I don’t remember from S1 US. “Regular” people. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I also prefer unknowns as players. Generally, they need the money and are motivated to do the challenges and play hard to win. The money is life changing for average people, but maybe not so much for these celebrities. 

The reactions when Alan said the prize pot was at $160,000 or so proved this lol. Hell, some of them probably got more than that as an appearance fee! But it's 2 weeks and it's a fun experience so many probably do it for that and the chance to be on TV more than the money.

5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

MJ has clearly never watched Love Island.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Very Cirie like. Cirie made the decisions in the turret though, which Phaedra never did. Cirie also used emotional manipulation and it doesn't seem like that was Phaedra's game.

53 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But I read (here?) that Peacock will be showing seasons from other countries once this season ends, so we’ll be getting stranger danger versions. Just not with Americans.

1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

Can confirm that several of them are currently available.  UK s1 has eaten up a lot of my Saturday and I’m good with that!  Same castle, same challenges, different host, and a few twists I don’t remember from S1 US. “Regular” people. 

Peacock has season 1 of UK and Australia. Season 2 of UK drops on Peacock on March 8, season 2 of Australia on March 28 and season 1 of New Zealand on March 28.

Not sure why they aren't getting the Canada version.

7 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

CT had the shield from doing the crossbow challenge.  MJ got it for the one in this episode so she's safe "tonight."

On 3/1/2024 at 10:58 PM, 30 Helens said:

Is there even time for another recruitment? I don’t think so, because unless  the final banishment is a double, it would guarantee a win for the traitor(s).

In the UK and Australia season 1 they recruited at this same point. I don't think the producers want only one traitor at the final banishment.

(edited)

Hopefully Phaedra's more selfish than skillful gameplay results in Sandra and remaining Bravolebrities losing, too.

Phaedra is entertaining. But the quips about the rose, doing too little, and talking too much apply to her, too. She verbally attacks those that don't kiss her ass for a rose. Kate did too much at that last round table because Phaedra did too little.

Bravolebrities didn't need to hold closed door meetings. Their traitor angel wasn't going to kill them and they didn't seem that motivated to vote out actual traitors. Sandra claimed on multiple podcasts that Peter was a traitor to the faithful. As if the Bravolebrities weren't traitors to the non-Bravolebrities faithful. As if Sandra wasn't a traitor to any faithful that wasn't her. 

Trishelle was a Pal who didn't blindly follow Peter. She wanted to get out actual traitors, not just people who weren't in her clique. CT was Phaedra's castle daddy and he was honest with Peter about his suspicions, willing to change his mind when new evidence presented itself, and willing to call MJ out for being obtuse. 

The most satisfying ending for me would be Kate murdering Sheree, CT, Trishelle and MJ voting to banish Kate and Sandra thinking they are traitors, and then CT and Trishelle banishing MJ at the circle of fire just because. 

Tangential Note: Sandra also mentioned that Phaedra and Trishelle had an early untelevised chat where Trishelle mentioned never winning anything. So, when Phaedra said that the people left at the round table were the people she wanted to be there, she meant Trishelle, too.

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Like 3
On 3/1/2024 at 4:29 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I thought she was joking.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Peacock has season 1 of UK and Australia. Season 2 of UK drops on Peacock on March 8, season 2 of Australia on March 28 and season 1 of New Zealand on March 28.

I started Season 1 of UK months ago, but couldn't remember where i left off. Do not scroll through the episodes if you don't want to be spoiled on the remaining contestants! It has taken away my interest in finishing the series.  I may crack into the Australia version as their episode pictures mainly show the host and not contestants.

• Useful 1

When UK season 2 does hit Peacock, I hope they also upload the aftershows which are MILES better than the US ones, IMO. The murdered and banished contestant from each episode meet in a room and learn the identity of the traitors. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

i have to agree that none of the current contestants really earned the money like Cirie did.  and I will always hold it against Trishelle for orchestrating Peppermint's banishment episode 1 (intentional or not).  but she's been a good player otherwise.

i don't want Kate to win, so i hope she gets sussed out by Sandra.  I agree that if Sandra wins its solely by her usual strategy of going with the majority to the end, but not really contributing more on her own.  but at least she has remained in the game.

CT has at least been independent and may be the one who's earned it the most.

Sheree and MJ floated due to Phaedra.

so of the leftovers, i'm rooting for CT.

• Like 9

Heh, the prize pot would be significantly smaller were it not for CT, so yeah, for me, based on that plus his ability to reason through things (something we Challenge fans have seen form him), he deserves the win.  I just hope it's not a Bravo-lebrity. 

• Like 10
28 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

Heh, the prize pot would be significantly smaller were it not for CT, so yeah, for me, based on that plus his ability to reason through things (something we Challenge fans have seen form him), he deserves the win.  I just hope it's not a Bravo-lebrity. 

Ability *and* willingness.  Some people can but they won’t.  They get locked into a position.   He has actually been listening and willing to change positions.   Also, as you stated, he’s responsible for a lot of the pot.  

• Like 4