Type keyword(s) to search

S08:E04: In a Pickle

• Start Topic

I always said that if I get to the point when I hate a show, I would be out. I feel like I'm getting to the point of hate-watching this show. gizelle and Robyn are just ridiculous, Nneka is thirsty and annoying, and Ashley is a pot stirrer. I miss the days when the housewives didn't need the Bravo check and their behavior reflected that. 

The ridiculousness of Ashley getting mad that Wendy brought up she misrepresented the conversation. The fact of the matter is that the conversation was had and she had no business getting into that. 

Gizelle and Robyn discussing Wendy and Nneka's situation at their lunch completely rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I don't like Gizelle, Robyn, and Ashley talking about something sensitive that they don't completely understand just to go against Wendy. 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

As a graduate of the University of Maryland, I would like to ask the Board of Regents to revoke Robyn’s degree because we are not all the dumbass she is.  I’m not sure the Gizelle/Robyn alliance is going to last much longer, which is sad because Gizelle clearly cares more about Robyn than Robyn’s roommate does.

If I was Wendy’s employer, I don’t know if I’d want her representing my brand.  She’s gone from Wendy Four Degrees to a massively Catholic, seemingly unhinged woman.  She’s almost unrecognizable.

• Like 16
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

I find Wendy extremely unlikable. I think she and Eddie are full of shit and do know Nneka and her husband. But either way, Wendy’s behavior at pickleball was super grating. The expressions on everyone else’s faces was funny.

• Like 21
  • Applause 2

This show is a mess lol but I don’t mind it.

I don’t really care for Nneka so far but I do believe Wendy’s mom would prob do some weird shit. She’s a weird lady. Nneka’s husband is attractive to me as well lol. Wendy trying to say some Ike Turner stuff is lame he was just wanting to talk without the woman constantly interrupting. Shut up Wendy.

I don’t ever remember Wendy mentioning being catholic so much. This makes me think she’s doing it to somehow distance herself or cover up for her mom. Idk Wendy is being too much.

Eddie was lying about the FB stuff I think. This episode made me like him and Wendy less they aren’t coming across well to me.

Candiace's outdoor space was just a metal table in the back of her yard with long grass that needs to be mowed. I guess it’s technically outdoor space but for someone like Candiace I would expect better. Not judging because I am a broke bitch but even my outdoor space is better lol.

Gizelle meh. I bet Juan didn’t even yell at her. Juan and Robyn are a bit of a joke but I don’t believe anything that comes out of Gizelle’s mouth.

Mia shut up.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I have a confession to make and I hope nobody will think less of me for this, but, I have a few friends on Facebook that I really don’t know.  I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Edited by Axie
  • Like 2
  • LOL 12

Most of my Facebook friends were Farmville "friends"...

Because I see the people I actually know in real life.

Edited by dosodog
I hate that stupid little ad box that pops up out of nowhere
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Voodoo, really? Those women really think Wendy's mother practices voodoo.

Did we see Ray, The King of Pickle Ball," actually play pball? 

Karen, how many pickles did you think these women would be eating?

How would Mother Wendy or other members of her family get New Girl Nneka's phone number?

1 hour ago, Axie said:

As a graduate of the University of Maryland

Go Terps! My father's alma mater class of '52 and my ex husband's class of something like 79? I think it has become a much more competitive to get in to now, I do not think Robyn could get in now.  

Juan showed up for only one reason and that reason was to let the women know where he was that night, lol. 

Karen asking anyone if they have heard of Pickleball, Ashley laughingly asking Karen if she lived under a rock was funny.

Robyn wearing that mesh legging outfit, how dreadful.

Spandex is not everybody's friend.

Something tells me Karen did not get her cleaning deposit back.

The Other New Girl shows up to the event when it is almost over, will she bring anything to the table?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

All of this is my opinion:

Both Wendy and Nneka are telling the truth but the root of the problem is Ashley's lie and GEB machinations behind the scene.

Nneka is Wendy's desired replacement. Each of the lighter skinned cast members want Wendy off the show* but can't go after her as a clique without it seeming like the colorism they were accused of last season, so they are using the darker skinned Nneka to go after Wendy for them.

I think it went down like this:

• Ashley brings up the osu stuff (at Robyn & Gizelle's behest IMO) and Wendy's connection to it to Nneka, who explains what that is all about
  • Ashley lies to Wendy and claims Nneka is running around suggesting she is osu
  • Wendy tells her sister Ivy that Nneka is running around telling the RHOP cast (based on Ashley's lie) that Wendy is osu 
  • If Wendy is osu then Ivy and Susan (their mother) are also osu.  This is why Ivy got pissed and called Iyke's cousin.  Wendy didn't need to sic Susan or Ivy on Nneka...the osu allegation affects them too
  • Wendy and/or Ivy tell their mom what's going on & Susan gets the number to the cousin to tell the cousin to tell Nneka to keep their names out her mouth & if they keep on talking that osu mess, she's going to pray on the (Catholic) shrine for their downfall
  • Ashley then tells Wendy "My bad, I lied."  This is why she got mad at Wendy for bringing up the fact she lied about the osu article at the pickleball event (Ashley was also gleeful when Nneka called Wendy a bitch)
  • Nneka continues to talk about shrines and osu to the RHOP cast (encouraged by Robyn & Ashley)
  • Iyke tells Nneka that Wendy is just mad that Nneka is going to take her spot on the cast (he alluded to this in the car)
  • Robyn & Gizelle pretend not to know what's going on or want any parts of this mess for the cameras
  • Wendy unfollowed Iyke on Eddie's Facebook*.  This is why Eddie was dazed and confused.  You don't get a notification if somebody unfollows you on Facebook, you have to actually go to their profile to see if you're still friends or not. Half of my FB friends are only "friends" because we have like 100 people in common but we don't actually know each other.
  • At the pickleball event, Nneka & Iyke decided to turn up on Wendy and Eddie to secure their spot while Ashley & Robyn whisper there must be something to this osu/voodoo mess based on Wendy's conduct
  • Wendy turns up at the pickleball because she realizes Nneka is her replacement 
  • This is why she all of a sudden tried to "work it out" with Mia...she realizes she needs an alliance ...the cast is banding behind her replacement (Susan & Ivy clocked this before Wendy did, which is why they called Iyke's cousin)

41 minutes ago, Marley said:

Eddie was lying about the FB stuff I think. This episode made me like him and Wendy less they aren’t coming across well to me.

Eddie wasn't lying about Facebook...Wendy probably unfollowed Iyke on Eddie's Facebook.  Eddie was probably only following Iyke in the first place because Iyke came up in his "people you might know" and they had 77 friends in common.

*IMO Wendy was the one who unfollowed all the big booty IG models Eddie was following on his Instagram.

• Like 5
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I couldn't  finish  it. I find it disjointed,  or badly edited. There's  no flow to this group 

I think Wendy's  mom is weird, so could she have a shrine, she could.

Robyn looked ridiculous,  Karen and her husband  a close second, those two little pickles( eye roll) . Regurgitating  old storylines,  not speaking  to one another,  meh, I should  take it off my dvr. 

• Like 8

Dorothy is back, letting us know that Chris isn’t really working now. I don’t blame him for being mad that Candiace is blowing their money on her tour crap but a man should have a job and not give into his whining baby of a wife to stay home. I’m guessing she was much more upset about Ashley saying he dmed ladies to get them to his club. They are lucky they have housewife checks. I also noticed for the first time that Candiaces forehead is about the same as Ashley’s lol. 
Wendy was ridiculous posing and strutting during her exchange with Nneka.. Nobody is jealous of her. Eddie seems nice enough but a bit too timid. She looked absolutely gross. Now she wants to make up with Mia? What happened to the Mia’s too slow for her crap? 
Juan was actually playing pickle ball. I know everyone dislikes him but I thought it was great that he was at the event doing the actual sport and knocked over the food that had no business being right there.

• Like 12

@drivethroo, your post was spot on, I agree with 100% of it. Wendy is not stupid and sees these newbies as competition but she is stupid to play in their hands. 

Ashley has emerged as the ultimate shit stirrer, her lie or as she put it, "misrepresenting," the interaction with Nneka will come back to bite her in the ass, karma is real.

Gizelle, your story line of having a younger boyfriend as usual will produce nothing, why isn't she being replaced?

Robyn, that pickle ball outfit was embarrassing, now I know Juan does not like her because he let her leave the house like that.

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Chris isn’t really working now.

Yeah why not? He is an able bodied person with culinary and managerial experience in restaurants, no excuse not to have a job.  Candiace complained that he spent too much time working and wanted him home more, for what?  She has blown thru so much money touring, where does she think the some of the money came from? If you don't have kids at home and you are busy with your career why can't Chris work long hours?

• Like 11
  • Love 1

- I enjoyed Gizelle's delusions during her lunch with Robyn. Unless that young server wants to be in entertainment, she needn't worry about his age. He was only worried about his tip.

- Mia may be dumb, but she's smart enough to see Wendy's desperate ass coming from a mile down the road. Wendy may have to take a few showers with Mia to get that friendship off the ground.

- Nneka came in hot when she called Wendy a bitch. Short fuse. I wish she'd been smart enough to see what Ashley was doing and turn it around, call Wendy, and forge an alliance. Unfortunately, Nneka was thirsty; now she has a flute.

- I hate that Wendy and Nneka got their husbands out here beefing now.

- I loved Production adding all the ladies opinions about Juan's predilections as the Dixons descended on that pickle ball game like a Batman villain looking to destroy Gotham. Juan has said Robyn's catchphrase so much this year (I DON'T CARE!), that I think he should hold Robyn's flute. Came for Karen's baked beans pan like:
Snoop.gif.1b6010efae696b87e54fe08a41629abe.gif

Edited by eXiled
  • Like 7
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Juan was actually playing pickle ball. I know everyone dislikes him but I thought it was great that he was at the event doing the actual sport and knocked over the food that had no business being right there.

I actually don’t dislike him - I 💯 think he’s a cheater, but if Robyn puts up with it then..eh. 

• Like 7
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

All of this is my opinion:

Both Wendy and Nneka are telling the truth but the root of the problem is Ashley's lie and GEB machinations behind the scene.

Nneka is Wendy's desired replacement. Each of the lighter skinned cast members want Wendy off the show* but can't go after her as a clique without it seeming like the colorism they were accused of last season, so they are using the darker skinned Nneka to go after Wendy for them.

I think it went down like this:

• Ashley brings up the osu stuff (at Robyn & Gizelle's behest IMO) and Wendy's connection to it to Nneka, who explains what that is all about
  • Ashley lies to Wendy and claims Nneka is running around suggesting she is osu
  • Wendy tells her sister Ivy that Nneka is running around telling the RHOP cast (based on Ashley's lie) that Wendy is osu 
  • If Wendy is osu then Ivy and Susan (their mother) are also osu.  This is why Ivy got pissed and called Iyke's cousin.  Wendy didn't need to sic Susan or Ivy on Nneka...the osu allegation affects them too
  • Wendy and/or Ivy tell their mom what's going on & Susan gets the number to the cousin to tell the cousin to tell Nneka to keep their names out her mouth & if they keep on talking that osu mess, she's going to pray on the (Catholic) shrine for their downfall
  • Ashley then tells Wendy "My bad, I lied."  This is why she got mad at Wendy for bringing up the fact she lied about the osu article at the pickleball event (Ashley was also gleeful when Nneka called Wendy a bitch)
  • Nneka continues to talk about shrines and osu to the RHOP cast (encouraged by Robyn & Ashley)
  • Iyke tells Nneka that Wendy is just mad that Nneka is going to take her spot on the cast (he alluded to this in the car)
  • Robyn & Gizelle pretend not to know what's going on or want any parts of this mess for the cameras
  • Wendy unfollowed Iyke on Eddie's Facebook*.  This is why Eddie was dazed and confused.  You don't get a notification if somebody unfollows you on Facebook, you have to actually go to their profile to see if you're still friends or not. Half of my FB friends are only "friends" because we have like 100 people in common but we don't actually know each other.
  • At the pickleball event, Nneka & Iyke decided to turn up on Wendy and Eddie to secure their spot while Ashley & Robyn whisper there must be something to this osu/voodoo mess based on Wendy's conduct
  • Wendy turns up at the pickleball because she realizes Nneka is her replacement 
  • This is why she all of a sudden tried to "work it out" with Mia...she realizes she needs an alliance ...the cast is banding behind her replacement (Susan & Ivy clocked this before Wendy did, which is why they called Iyke's cousin)

Eddie wasn't lying about Facebook...Wendy probably unfollowed Iyke on Eddie's Facebook.  Eddie was probably only following Iyke in the first place because Iyke came up in his "people you might know" and they had 77 friends in common.

*IMO Wendy was the one who unfollowed all the big booty IG models Eddie was following on his Instagram.

spot-on.gif

4 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

There's  no flow to this group 

Because they aren't really friends except for Robyn, Giselle, and their frenemy Karen. And the 3 of them tolerate Ashley because they know she'll always stir shit up for the sake of the show. I continue to get annoyed at the producers having them introduce new cast members as their "friends". It's every franchise. And these new forced "relationships" with try hard people who study the show and create their characters/storylines continues not to work for any of the franchises. 

Robyn needs to stop talking shit about anyone else's relationship or someone deflecting. Ma'am, what have you been doing every season with anytime someone brings up Juan's poor treatment of you?

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Karen’s “event” was so low rent. You invited how many people, but reserved two courts? Even Ray said they were making the game up, having 3-4 people on each team. I know these events are just to film the cat fights, but they could at least try to make it somewhat believable. 

• Like 11

Wendy is really working hard this season. It is not a good look. I want to like her but she is making it very difficult with her strutting around and dancing and acting like an idiot. Someone unfriended Iyke in facebook, I don't know why Wendy doesn't just say so.

Someone named Susan also called Nneka and they talked for 9 minutes, that is a fact. Is Susan the cousin or the mom? I have no idea, but I think that Wendy activated the family and they are coming for Nneka. These ladies need to pivot, join together and take down Ashley. She started all this.

I am not seeing Gizelle in this mess, she has her own mess with Candiace, Chris and ruining their marriage.

I am done with Robyn and Juan, he's a cheater, she's fine with it, so let it go.

• Like 10

Wendy 100% knew what Nneka was talking about.  Her body language and immediate need to talk to Mia was a dead give-away.  I still don't like Nneka though.  I wish they were smart enough to realize that Ashley played them both.  They could have formed a powerful alliance but I think they are too blinded by jealousy of the other.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, Arynm said:

Someone named Susan also called Nneka and they talked for 9 minutes, that is a fact. Is Susan the cousin or the mom?

Susan is Wendy's mom. 

1 hour ago, Arynm said:

I have no idea, but I think that Wendy activated the family and they are coming for Nneka.

If Nneka is going around even saying "osu" in connection with Wendy, then Nneka is also calling Wendy's mother and sister "osu" which would damage their reputations.  The sister & mom didn't need Wendy to get activated to clear their names.

1 hour ago, Arynm said:

These ladies need to pivot, join together and take down Ashley. She started all this.

I am not seeing Gizelle in this mess, she has her own mess with Candiace, Chris and ruining their marriage.

If Nneka were smart, she would've caught when Wendy said Ashley confessed to her that she 'misrepresented" what Nneka actually said.  Karen, Candiace & Keiarna knew Ashley lied/misrepresented what Nneka actually said; Gizelle, Robyn & Mia did not know that Ashley lied.

That's why Ashley was pissed Wendy brought it up; Wendy exposed to her be a liar in front of the entire group.

If Wendy were smart, she would've fessed up to Nneka that she had been talking sh(t about her ...based on Ashley's lie.

As far as Gizelle's involvement in this mess, Foreheads usually need a Neck to turn.

57 minutes ago, DanielleBowden said:

Wendy 100% knew what Nneka was talking about.  Her body language and immediate need to talk to Mia was a dead give-away.

Yes and no.  I don't think Wendy knew her mom was calling Nneka & her in-law like that (sister yes mom no).  I do think Wendy had been talking shit about Nneka and was shocked it got back to Nneka.

Gizelle & Ashley have gotten together to gossip & conspire against a cast member since Season 5:

• Monique/trainer/baby rumors (5)
  • Eddie cheating on Wendy & that's why she felt ugly & rearranged her body (6)
  • Chris was cheating on Candiace and sexually assaulting people (7)
  • Wendy is from a cursed tribe (8)
  • Chris cheated on Candiace & made the side chick abort the baby (8+)

Again, the Forehead does not move without the Neck.  Gizelle's (and this time Robyn) involvement entails amplifing the osu rumor to the blogs; Ashley's role is to get it out on camera and get Nneka & Wendy activated against each other.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Wendy sounds cray cray. She can’t possibly be a professor anymore.

She's still listed on the JHU website as an assistant professor.

He is an able bodied person with culinary and managerial experience in restaurants, no excuse not to have a job.

I suspect his and Candiace's drama shenanigans on the show and social media have made Chris persona non grata at local restaurants. Plus, he comes off as a deadbeat and a whiny baby with a hot temper. (Producer-driven or not, not a good look.) There are many talented out of work chefs in the DC area and restaurants will hire the safer choice.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4

This thread on Lipstick Alley is exploring the timeline of these phone calls Wendy's mother & sister made to the cousin/Nneka.

Nneka's screenshot shows Wendy's mother made the call to Nneka/cousin on April 7.

Ashley's housewarming was a week later, the weekend of April 14/15.  (Karen told Ashley Candiace wasn't coming to her housewarming anyway because she was in Los Angeles ...per Candiace's IG, she was in LA the weekend of April 14/15)

Ashley confessed her lie to Wendy at the first communion event, which was probably the weekend of April 22/23

The cast was spotted at the pickleball place around April 26 (per this thread on Lipstick Alley)

So Wendy thought Nneka was running around calling her "osu" between April 14 and April 23 but Susan made the harassing call to Nneka/cousin on April 7.

Ashley & Nneka's osu conversation had to have happened before April 7.

Nneka's husband's cousin is the common link between everyone.

I think Nneka ran her mouth to the cousin about filming RHOP & Ashley's osu conversation.

The cousin told Wendy's sister about Nneka running her mouth about Wendy & the osu allegations

Wendy's sister told Wendy that Nneka was running her mouth about Wendy/osu to Ashley

Wendy unfollowed Iyke on Eddie's Facebook

Wendy's sister told their mom that Nneka was telling Ashley & the RHOP cast about Wendy/osu

Wendy's mom got activated & started calling the cousin and Nneka to tell Nneka to keep Wendy's name and osu out their mouths

Wendy IMO knew her sister & mom were calling Nneka & the cousin to tell Nneka to keep Wendy/osu out her mouth.  

This is why she asked Ashley if she could trust her when they sat down at Ashley's housewarming.

Then Ashley confessed a week later that she lied about the osu converation

What Wendy didn't know was the mom told Nneka she was submitting her name to the shrine.  

Wendy knows her mother's shrine is Catholic.  She also knows other Nigerians perceive the shrine as witchcraft and that's not a good thing

When Nneka came for Wendy at pickleball, Wendy exposed Ashley for lying but Nneka was deep in her feelings & she didn't want to admit she knew about her mom/sister calling Nneka/cousin and that's why she deflected to Mia.

Meanwhile Nneka put a batter in her husband's back to go after Eddie for unfollowing him on Facebook and Eddie didn't know what was going on.

I think with the timeline, it presents a much clearer picture of what actually happened.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4

I can't believe that anyone would take Wendy seriously for any kind of intellectual job because she is presenting herself as unhinged and not fit to be a professor or a commentator.

Anyone actually signing up for one of her classes - if she is even actually teaching - would be watching their unhinged professor gyrating and essentially stating that someone is jealous of her SOLELY because of her fake tits and other physical characteristics. 

In terms of the dispute, it is utterly ridiculous but then I don't believe either blessings or curses have any impact. Without singling out Catholism, if you accept any kind of religion, why not believe in voodoo or flying monkeys because they are all equally unbelievable.

Who knows what the actual truth is - but based on what was actually on the screen, Nneka appeared to be rational and Wendy morphed into an unhinged lunatic. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

You unfriended him ON **checks papers** Facebook? Facebook? For real? *Shakes head* I feel like IF you are on Facebook you are to old for this kinda mess for real .. ain’t nobody of Facebook caring if you unfriend them .. they ain’t checking their followers like that .. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Again, the Forehead does not move without the Neck.  Gizelle's (and this time Robyn) involvement entails amplifing the osu rumor to the blogs; Ashley's role is to get it out on camera and get Nneka & Wendy activated against each other.

Ffyz9U0XEAAfa7P.jpg:large

Sorry, this is what kept popping into my head when I read that post! Lol!

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

I believe Wendy does feel threatened that she will lose her spot to Nneka and was cool toward her because of that on sight. And I could believe that Wendy's mom would at the very least bad mouth and threaten Nneka in an effort to save her daughter's (and her) position on the show.

Wendy has been tolerated, at best, since she joined the show. She showed her condescension skills very early on, and she never recovered. She also changed up, IMO, very distractingly, from her first season to her second. The GEB pointed out her glow up as it related to her marriage but also as it was drastically out of character. Yes, when housewives see themselves on their first season, they do step up their style on the second. But Wendy's whole demeanor and look changed. Yes, we can be more than our jobs, but she took a hard left into... I don't know what.

As of this episode, I wouldn't mind Wendy being replaced by Nneka. But don't hold me to that, LOL. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, amarante said:

I can't believe that anyone would take Wendy seriously for any kind of intellectual job because she is presenting herself as unhinged and not fit to be a professor or a commentator.

Anyone actually signing up for one of her classes - if she is even actually teaching - would be watching their unhinged professor gyrating and essentially stating that someone is jealous of her SOLELY because of her fake tits and other physical characteristics. 

In terms of the dispute, it is utterly ridiculous but then I don't believe either blessings or curses have any impact. Without singling out Catholism, if you accept any kind of religion, why not believe in voodoo or flying monkeys because they are all equally unbelievable.

Who knows what the actual truth is - but based on what was actually on the screen, Nneka appeared to be rational and Wendy morphed into an unhinged lunatic. 

For some reason, Wendy on the show reminds me of Bow at the 37-second mark in the fact that she is trying way too damn hard.

5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Wendy was doing too much. "Come at me the fuck again!" and "I got the motherfucking bazooka!" and the dancing. Cringe. Even Candiace was confused lol.

I am a nerd girl.  Wendy, come back to our table where you belong.  

• Sad 1
  • LOL 9
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

Why was Nneka's husband wearing scrubs on a plane?

I wondered about that too. Maybe he was late to catch his plane?

Also, he complained about how the plane dropped from the sky very quickly during landing, and asked why. National Airport is in Arlington, next to the Potomac River, and has a very short runway. The planes don't have a lot of taxi space so they descend quickly.

Something about her just isn't genuine.

She's shallow and insecure.  She has zero housewives game.

She probably ordered Eddie to engage in that silly Facebook mess, and he obeyed to keep the peace and quiet.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 11
53 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I wondered about that too. Maybe he was late to catch his plane?

Also, he complained about how the plane dropped from the sky very quickly during landing, and asked why. National Airport is in Arlington, next to the Potomac River, and has a very short runway. The planes don't have a lot of taxi space so they descend quickly.

She's shallow and insecure.  She has zero housewives game.

She probably ordered Eddie to engage in that silly Facebook mess, and he obeyed to keep the peace and quiet.

I would have assumed that Lyke has flown in to National before and knew about the landing situation. It is a beautiful view of the city and water.

There is a prominent veterinarian in Baltimore, (he is a bit full of himself) and would fly in his scrubs for the attention...most people roll their eyes at him.

What I cannot figure out is why Wendy reacts like she does, it's as if she has not learned anything from her prior seasons, an over reaction always spurns on the person who has the beef, Wendy has 20 degrees but none of them are in the studies of Common Sense.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There is a prominent veterinarian in Baltimore, (he is a bit full of himself) and would fly in his scrubs for the attention...most people roll their eyes at him.

This occurred to me because of the cameras, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. 😁Maybe production asked him to wear the scrubs. Maybe he didn't really fly in and the whole thing was staged for maximum interest. (Why were they flying in to Virginia instead of Baltimore?)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, qtpye said:

For some reason, Wendy on the show reminds me of Bow at the 37-second mark in the fact that she is trying way too damn hard.

I think one of the issues with Wendy is that her behavior seems completely inauthentic and just "off". 

It is like she is attempting to be "iconic" and so has planned certain behavior and statements and then she brings them out even if they make no sense in terms of fitting what is actually going on in the moment.

The truly iconic moments on any of the franchises seemed to flow naturally in the moment. Close Your Legs To Married Men - Who's Gonna Check Me Boo and others.

I also would hold the theoretical Dr. Wendy with four degrees to a higher standard in terms of what she is wiling to do in order to make money. Unlike some of the other housewives who need the show money, Dr. Wendy would have a perfectly fine fulfilling life without sacrificing her dignity and reputation. 

Edited by amarante
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5

Nneka genuinely seemed upset and angered by how she was treated by Wendy, a fellow Nigerian--upwardly mobile at that. I don't know how big the community is, but I bet there are max two degrees of separation. You know somebody's relative.

And to whomever/whatever the shrine is for, none of these ladies wanted any parts of bad spiritual intentions. No parts, LOL!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

If you don't have kids at home and you are busy with your career why can't Chris work long hours?

She wants kids, and wants him in the position to raise them while she traipses around the country at BravoCon, reality tv meet-and-greets, and singing at small smokey pubs in Detroit, Atlanta and Memphis.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

I don't know how big the community is, but I bet there are max two degrees of separation. You know somebody's relative.

Wendy's sister Ivy is good friends with Nneka's husband's cousin Lebe...whom Wendy also knows.

Having said that, Nneka just moved to Potomac (and her husband back to the area since he went to UMD) so just because Wendy & her sister know the cousin doesn't mean they know Nneka (or of her) (which is why Wendy's sister and mother started off harassing the cousin because they don't know Nneka).

In addition, just because Eddie & Iyke were in the African Students Association doesn't mean they were friends or associated with each other (and being Facebook friends doesn't mean you are friends or even know the person).  A good third of my Facebook friends list are people I might have gone to high school or college with, their name sounds familiar, we didn't hang out or ki ki in high school or college, we don't hang out or ki ki now but I accepted the friends request because we have 67 friends in common.

I still don't think EDDIE unfriended Iyke...guys don't do that.  Guys don't care.  WENDY unfriended Iyke on Eddie's Facebook and Nneka was spying on Eddie and Wendy on Iyke's Facebook.

5 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

And to whomever/whatever the shrine is for, none of these ladies wanted any parts of bad spiritual intentions. No parts, LOL!

The shrine business is stupid and xenophobic because IMO there's little difference between "I submitted your name to the shrine" and

• I'm a pray for you 
  • You/She/He need prayer
  • Bless yo' heart
  • You got the devil in you
  • She got a funny spirit about her
  • He/she gives me evil teas
  • I got a bad vibe about him/her
  • What goes around comes around
  • That's ok, that's alright, Karma coming for you
  • Well that's what he/she gets, shouldn't a been messing with me

(all said about somebody you don't like/doing you wrong)

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

She wants kids, and wants him in the position to raise them while she traipses around the country at BravoCon, reality tv meet-and-greets, and singing at small smokey pubs in Detroit, Atlanta and Memphis.

He’s already got two kids that I’m guessing he doesn’t see that often and an older one that he is estranged from.   I don’t think she really wants children. She wants to be a singer but she doesn’t have any hits and ouch, when she sings in her opening, I cringe. Plus she’s pissing away good Housewives money to go on tours that aren’t lucrative. I see her future on low budget vh1 reality where she says “neck”  and “forehead “ and “white looking ass” or maybe not, she’s not exactly funny or a good fighter. 
Why wasn’t Chris at pickle ball? I doubt he had an “event” during the same time as the pickle ball match. Hell even Juan is showing up now for Robyn.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy's sister Ivy is good friends with Nneka's husband's cousin Lebe...whom Wendy also knows.

Having said that, Nneka just moved to Potomac (and her husband back to the area since he went to UMD) so just because Wendy & her sister know the cousin doesn't mean they know Nneka (or of her) (which is why Wendy's sister and mother started off harassing the cousin because they don't know Nneka).

In addition, just because Eddie & Iyke were in the African Students Association doesn't mean they were friends or associated with each other (and being Facebook friends doesn't mean you are friends or even know the person).  A good third of my Facebook friends list are people I might have gone to high school or college with, their name sounds familiar, we didn't hang out or ki ki in high school or college, we don't hang out or ki ki now but I accepted the friends request because we have 67 friends in common.

I still don't think EDDIE unfriended Iyke...guys don't do that.  Guys don't care.  WENDY unfriended Iyke on Eddie's Facebook and Nneka was spying on Eddie and Wendy on Iyke's Facebook.

The shrine business is stupid and xenophobic because IMO there's little difference between "I submitted your name to the shrine" and

• I'm a pray for you 
  • You/She/He need prayer
  • Bless yo' heart
  • You got the devil in you
  • She got a funny spirit about her
  • He/she gives me evil teas
  • I got a bad vibe about him/her
  • What goes around comes around
  • That's ok, that's alright, Karma coming for you
  • Well that's what he/she gets, shouldn't a been messing with me

(all said about somebody you don't like/doing you wrong)

We'll see, @drivethroo. I really believe Wendy+Eddie knew of Nneka+Iyke more than they are admitting. I bet the receipts will come.

I don't think the shrine talk was xenophobic because I believe they would have had the same reaction to New Orleans voodoo talk. Some folks simply do not engage in spirit and curse talk and giving other world stuff... life. 

• Like 5