Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Connecticut-ing the Dots

• Start Topic

SO boring.  The ONLY reason I plan to half-heartedly watch the reunion for this moronic dreck is to see Jenna perform the burn of the century by wearing Levi's whilst the other nitwits sit there in their requisite pageant gowns. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

We start with Brynnsgiving and end with Festivus. It’s time for the airing of grievances!

Complaining Jerry Stiller GIF

I’ll go next. You all are insufferable and petty and humorless* and not the slightest bit entertaining. Give us back our “legacy” NY housewives!

*Ok, one exception. I laughed when Jessel said that if Brynn could be slapped with a thousand dicks on her birthday, that would be her ideal scenario.

Alright, one more grievance. That’s fucked up that Sai is blaming Brynn for “breaking the circle of trust.” Uh, the broken trust was Sai telling both Erin and Brynn after Ubah very clearly told her not to tell anyone—especially Erin. Sai seems to think it’s okay to tell anyone and everyone—just as long as word doesn’t get back to Ubah that others know.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessel and to a lesser extent Jenna and Brynn showed their lives..but the others not so much.

I think the shows need to go back to how they used to do.  More focus on their day to day lives..less group interactions until the big group trip where the build up of tension results in some fights.

RHOC in season 4 and 5 did that quite well.

I think the biggest problem now, regardless of who is cast, is that they study the show.  The formula for the real housewives shows has focused on drinking and petty arguments the past many years.  We stopped seeing the housewives doing normal things.  It is all trips, parties, and forced interactions. The problem is that is not interesting.  

At the end of the party at which we were supposed to believe Ubah was leaving early because she was upset, the housewives were the only people left.  The airing of grievances took place in a segregated area.  However, we saw no other partygoers after that. Also, Ubah walked off, then came back.  They should at least edit it better.

Also, the cast is much more aware of how they will appear.  They are curating themselves for TV.  These shows are at their best when they forget they are being filmed.  The best example in this episode of how aware they were was the supposed surprise for Erin when she entered the party store.  The timing was off, so she had to wait until the thing was set off.  She stood there for several seconds staring at it before it activated.  Then she feigned surprise.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The best example in this episode of how aware they were was the supposed surprise for Erin when she entered the party store.  The timing was off, so she had to wait until the thing was set off.  She stood there for several seconds staring at it before it activated.  Then she feigned surprise.  

That was so lame

• Like 9
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

may have missed something, but has Brynn said she's exclusively hetero?  If she hasn't than there's nothing contradicting her flirty behavior with Jenna

Well she has said maybe only one MILLION times that she is looking for a husband, so that kinda gives off the vibe that she’s hetero. But what the hell do I know? This show sucks. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
11 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

These women are not interesting or entertaining.

See, I actually think many of them *could* be, in the right context. The main issues are 1) they are too selective about what they show, so we end up seeing very curated characters and 2) most of them don’t actually have organic relationships with each other and don’t seem to particularly care about each other, which makes for boring TV. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Brynn needs to mature as a person before she finds love...and Ubah needs to maybe be less narcissistic as well

I lost track of how often Ubah has made reference to herself being pretty. That's all fine and good but we haven't seen much of anything substantial besides that.  Time passes and beauty fades regardless of how much plastic surgery and fillers someone tries to use to stave the inevitable from happening. Aside from arm candy have we seen anything that would make her interesting or someone with whom one could have a scintillating conversation, someone who would be a welcome partner for the long haul?

Brynn on the other hand can probably be interesting but instead relies so heavily on the sex kitten routine that I imagine her to be both embarrassing or boring. She doesn't appear to have any loyalty to any of the others either, but considering they probably were only just put together for this "friend group" I suppose that's not surprising either.  Bottom line is she is annoying and not fun to watch.

Sai can be a bitch, Erin plays too many sides, and Jessel seems a bit delusional,  but these three are still Housewife material and work from the playbook that has worked for over a decade. Not really sure how I feel about Jenna...I can't help but feel she wouldn't have gotten as far as she did in that industry with the demeanor she demonstrates here.  Still, she doesn't bother me.  If they have to bring this cast back I suppose these four should return, but the other two could easily go and not be missed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I found it amusing that Brynn selected a willow tree to commemorate her Grandmother.  She is supposedly "educated?" I went to college for Forestry; willows have one of the shortest lifespans of any tree: 20-30 years.  That tree will be lucky if it survives the next NYC hurricane event. 

Edited by Saph
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 6

I can’t stand Brynn. Her fake flirting with Jenna is insulting and Jenna should put her in her place. She looked odd at her stupid party too. Eyebrows are strange looking. She’s actually a bit strange and not cute like she thinks she is. 
Sai’s a mean bitch. 
Erins an insecure mean bitch. 
Ubah is boring.  
Jenna isn’t a good fit. 
I didn’t mind Jessel in the end. The others coming for her made her more likable.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I can’t stand Brynn. Her fake flirting with Jenna is insulting and Jenna should put her in her place. She looked odd at her stupid party too. Eyebrows are strange looking. She’s actually a bit strange and not cute like she thinks she is. 
Sai’s a mean bitch. 
Erins an insecure mean bitch. 
Ubah is boring.  
Jenna isn’t a good fit. 
I didn’t mind Jessel in the end. The others coming for her made her more likable.

Brynn’s fake flirting is exceptionally tiresome. She flirts with everyone, as if the targets find her irresistible and are thrilled that she is harassing them. 

• Like 14
58 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Brynn’s fake flirting is exceptionally tiresome. She flirts with everyone, as if the targets find her irresistible and are thrilled that she is harassing them. 

I wish Jenna had told her to stop sexually harassing her. I think Jenna played along to act cool. If a man was making those suggestions he would have been fired and his scenes cut from the show. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6

I’d actually give this cast a second chance at another season. They were each definitely trying to play a particular role, especially Brynn. No one can keep that up 24/7. So, maybe with more time, they’ll let their real selves come through? I like seeing the City, but Please-a lot Less of the Husbands! Sai’s in particular gave me the creeps with his gushing over the other wives. It was smarmy.

• Like 6
On 10/15/2023 at 10:35 PM, Pi237 said:

You just know Erin will be telling the story for decades to come: “one time, I dressed up like an actual parrot! Aren’t I so wacky and fun!?’ 

And my husband and I like to fuck alot. Aren't we the sexiest ever? 

• LOL 13

I found it amusing that Brynn selected a willow tree to commemorate her Grandmother.  She is supposedly "educated?" I went to college for Forestry; willows have one of the shortest lifespans of any tree: 20-30 years.  That tree will be lucky if it survives the next NYC hurricane event. 

Not weighing in on whether Brynn is educated or not, but how is this a measure of that? Lots of people are educated and wouldn't know this particular, very specific thing. I mean, I know lots of stuff in certain areas too (for example, editorial stuff, like capitalization and punctuation); doesn't mean I am more educated than someone else in all areas. I am certain there are much better things to mock Brynn about than not knowing one fact about a tree.

That said, I still think she has more to offer than this dumb "sexy" thing. That in itself – that it seems like she's opting to be this way on purpose – adds an extra layer of annoying.

ETA: She said her grandma liked that kind of tree. I would do the same for my grandma, regardless of a hypothetical hurricane (like the way I bring her the more expensive version of the candy she likes, even though the cheaper and more convenient one is exactly the same).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 17

Andy Cohen, if you're listening, I have your next show idea for you: Sai and Jen Shah (when she gets out of prison) in a cage match to see who strokes out first from being 'honest'.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Sai reminds me of a few petite women I have known (At least three come to mind). They’re little and cute and are the bitchiest people I have ever known. I wonder if this is their way of appearing “larger”. Whatever it is, they’re bossy little wenches as Sai’s husband must know by now.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
24 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Sai reminds me of a few petite women I have known (At least three come to mind). They’re little and cute and are the bitchiest people I have ever known. I wonder if this is their way of appearing “larger”. Whatever it is, they’re bossy little wenches as Sai’s husband must know by now.

Female Napoleon syndrome 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not weighing in on whether Brynn is educated or not, but how is this a measure of that? Lots of people are educated and wouldn't know this particular, very specific thing. I mean, I know lots of stuff in certain areas too (for example, editorial stuff, like capitalization and punctuation); doesn't mean I am more educated than someone else in all areas. I am certain there are much better things to mock Brynn about than not knowing one fact about a tree.

That said, I still think she has more to offer than this dumb "sexy" thing. That in itself – that it seems like she's oping to be this way on purpose – adds an extra layer of annoying.

ETA: She said her grandma liked that kind of tree. I would do the same for my grandma, regardless of a hypothetical hurricane (like the way I bring her the more expensive version of the candy she likes, even though the cheaper and more convenient one is exactly the same).

I understand what you are saying. 

• Like 3

OH, I forgot! Brynn's birthday outfit looked so uncomfortable! OK, so, not that I'd wear it (I'd have no occasion to and, while I am not really bothered by how revealing it was, it's just not something I'd like regardless), but it looked weirdly stiff in places -- the top in particular, which should not have been stiff and, like...crinkly/crumply. And the bra underneath looked lumpy and too high in the back (this latter is a peeve of mine). The whole thing looked like the fabric quality of a Halloween costume that you buy in a bag.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 6
On 10/15/2023 at 6:55 PM, Pi237 said:

Here we go, Sai “my mother! My mother!” Get some therapy and work through your displaced anger. 

I found nothing likable about Sai.  Not a love to hate situation.  She is just a bitch.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

I really want to like Brynn because I think she can brings seriously good funny and a good amount of fun as well.

I really, truly dislike the sex kitten routine. It brings me second hand embarrassment for her targets and for her. 

I have to admit that that much self appreciation is a huge downer for me, I'm looking at you too Ubah.... 

Personally, I don't find Ubah all that attractive. I UNDERSTAND why she's considered attractive and I CAN see it but there's something about her face that doesn't WOW me and it actually does the complete opposite but as I've gotten older, eye of the beholder and all that ya know. I feel the same way about Brynn. She's pretty enough but there's nothing about her that WOW's me to the point that she needs to be acting so "but of course you'll be honored for me to flirt with you". I see that more from Ubah because butterface aside she's got the complete "Look" so I get why she turns heads. I'm absolutely obsessed and in love with her braided look in the confessions. I found her absolutely lovely.

My observations about Ubah doesn't mean I don't feel like she regularly Kills it, it just means that I believe her ability to turn heads is not necessarily because of her face. Its how she carries herself, how she commands a room, her outfit and overall LOOK that contributes to how her presence in a room is received. Add it all up and yes, she's "stunning". That's my equation anyway.  So technically my thing is that, to me, her face is pretty ehhhh but since she  has the complete package it puts her over the top on the grading scale. 

I feel the same about Brynn but on a lesser scale cause although she does walk into a room with a particular air about her it isn't as fierce as Ubah so her lackluster appeal doesn't reach the same level. Yes she can walk in and get alot of attention for her looks but to me she's rather average, which is not a bad thing she's not something to write home about.  

I guess I'm just a bit of a snob when it comes to these things cause I'm from New York too and pretty, young, fierce things are a dime a dozen in that city and I've seen PLENTY so it takes some serious stunners for me to truly be gobsmacked. You need to be JLo gorgeous, Angela Bassett gorgeous, Salma Hayik gorgeous, Zendaya gorgeous for me to be impressed to the level I see people describe Ubah and yes I do understand that to some people Ubah is that level of gorgeous but I don't see it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I really want to like Brynn because I think she can brings seriously good funny and a good amount of fun as well.

I really, truly dislike the sex kitten routine. It brings me second hand embarrassment for her targets and for her. 

I have to admit that that much self appreciation is a huge downer for me, I'm looking at you too Ubah.... 

Personally, I don't find Ubah all that attractive. I UNDERSTAND why she's considered attractive and I CAN see it but there's something about her face that doesn't WOW me and it actually does the complete opposite but as I've gotten older, eye of the beholder and all that ya know. I feel the same way about Brynn. She's pretty enough but there's nothing about her that WOW's me to the point that she needs to be acting so "but of course you'll be honored for me to flirt with you". I see that more from Ubah because butterface aside she's got the complete "Look" so I get why she turns heads. I'm absolutely obsessed and in love with her braided look in the confessions. I found her absolutely lovely.

My observations about Ubah doesn't mean I don't feel like she regularly Kills it, it just means that I believe her ability to turn heads is not necessarily because of her face. Its how she carries herself, how she commands a room, her outfit and overall LOOK that contributes to how her presence in a room is received. Add it all up and yes, she's "stunning". That's my equation anyway.  So technically my thing is that, to me, her face is pretty ehhhh but since she  has the complete package it puts her over the top on the grading scale. 

I feel the same about Brynn but on a lesser scale cause although she does walk into a room with a particular air about her it isn't as fierce as Ubah so her lackluster appeal doesn't reach the same level. Yes she can walk in and get alot of attention for her looks but to me she's rather average, which is not a bad thing she's not something to write home about.  

I guess I'm just a bit of a snob when it comes to these things cause I'm from New York too and pretty, young, fierce things are a dime a dozen in that city and I've seen PLENTY so it takes some serious stunners for me to truly be gobsmacked. You need to be JLo gorgeous, Angela Bassett gorgeous, Salma Hayik gorgeous, Zendaya gorgeous for me to be impressed to the level I see people describe Ubah and yes I do understand that to some people Ubah is that level of gorgeous but I don't see it. 

I love when women are confident. But Ubah constantly announcing how beautiful she is is annoying. 

In my opinion, Ubah has small eyes, and her cheeks are too full. I do understand why she turns heads. I agree with your list: J Lo, Angela Bassett, Salma Hayek, Zendaya. I will add Rachel Ward, Christy Turlington, Mila Kunis, and Garcelle Beauvais from RHofBH.

• Like 7
24 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Someone stitched a gold sequin dead crane to Jessel’s dress. 

Jessel wore some seriously ugly outfits this season. But she pretends she is a fashionista. 

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Jessel wore some seriously ugly outfits this season. But she pretends she is a fashionista. 

That black and gold Gabriela Hearst dress was one of the ugliest garments I have ever seen on Bravo. And certainly a poor choice for a confessional. 
I think she wears whatever is just really different. Most of her Instagram looks are also very ugly.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That black and gold Gabriela Hearst dress was one of the ugliest garments I have ever seen on Bravo. And certainly a poor choice for a confessional. 
I think she wears whatever is just really different. Most of her Instagram looks are also very ugly.

There is interesting, different and attractive, and just ugly.

• Applause 2
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I love when women are confident. But Ubah constantly announcing how beautiful she is is annoying. 

In my opinion, Ubah has small eyes, and her cheeks are too full. I do understand why she turns heads. I agree with your list: J Lo, Angela Bassett, Salma Hayek, Zendaya. I will add Rachel Ward, Christy Turlington, Mila Kunis, and Garcelle Beauvais from RHofBH.

OMG! I thought it was just me but yeah her eyes are small and with those puffy cheeks they look like they've sunken into her face just above them. Ugghh. Her lips are okay but they look a little to small for her face. And everything looks very crowded into the center of her face so it just looks a bit odd to me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Especially when you ain't all that. I LOVE confidence too so you don't need to be a beauty to be ALL THAT but announcing you're soooooo pretty everywhere you go is just corny. I honestly believe her head turning status comes from her swag and not necessarily her "stunning" beauty. You can be average and be a head turner with some fierce styling, makeup and overall complete look and I think that's Ubah's appeal. Face alone? Ehhhh.

Show me Zendaya walking down the street on a regular day non glam and i'm still wow'd with her beauty. Ubah, not so much...(even when she is glammed up, actually).  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 10/18/2023 at 2:28 PM, heatherchandler said:

Ubah annoys me when she walks into a room.. She is always dancing or somehow obnoxiously announcing herself.  Trying to prove that she fun and crazy!  But it doesn’t.  It’s just annoying.

Ubah enters a room as if everyone was anxiously awaiting her arrival. Finally they can start having fun. 

And crashing through the blockade with her bumper car into the ice skating section is not fun and crazy, just obnoxious.

And I hate her three-perhaps-even-more-cowboy-belts confessional look. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
On 10/16/2023 at 5:44 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

don't know if she is straight, bi, pan . . . . Her sexuality as expressed on the show is so performative it is meaningless. 

Bingo. I don't care what her sexuality is. Everything she does feels like a  put-on (with transactional overtones).

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

So in the first 5 minutes Sai is telling yet another story about her mother, who didn’t raise her, and how they would go to the park together all the time, while she wasn’t raising her. And then takes Brynn’s story about Mimi and compares it to her story about her mom and how while they are not exactly the same they are similar and they connect over it. Very unlike Jessel whose uncle was also an alcoholic and died from it just like Sai’s mother, but according to Sai is not at all similar and is just Jessel being desperate and stupid. 

STFU Sai. And go get some help for yourself. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
On 10/16/2023 at 5:26 PM, JenE4 said:

Alright, one more grievance. That’s fucked up that Sai is blaming Brynn for “breaking the circle of trust.” Uh, the broken trust was Sai telling both Erin and Brynn after Ubah very clearly told her not to tell anyone—especially Erin. Sai seems to think it’s okay to tell anyone and everyone—just as long as word doesn’t get back to Ubah that others know.

These mean girls don't know what a circle of trust is.  The point of a circle of trust is that you are sharing things about yourself with those in the circle.  It's not where you make a pact to keep it a secret when you all gossip about others behind their backs.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:26 PM, ladle said:

See, I actually think many of them *could* be, in the right context. The main issues are 1) they are too selective about what they show, so we end up seeing very curated characters and 2) most of them don’t actually have organic relationships with each other and don’t seem to particularly care about each other, which makes for boring TV. 

I agree with this.  They had potential.  Within their own groups of friends, any of them might be fun to watch.  But none of them are friends, and seemingly don't like or aren't interested in each other enough to become friends.  There aren't any organic relationships or genuine affection, so no one is having much fun.   That makes them hard to watch. 

They don't care at all about each other, and they don't have any fun with each other, so that leaves them with bickering and sniping about petty shit.  I can't care about their petty shit if I'm not invested in their relationships.  I can enjoy all the pettiness of Luann feeling insulted by and not wanting to sleep in Dorinda's fish room, but these women jumped straight to sniping without ever making it nice.

• Like 11
On 10/16/2023 at 2:34 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessel and to a lesser extent Jenna and Brynn showed their lives..but the others not so much.

I think the shows need to go back to how they used to do.  More focus on their day to day lives..less group interactions until the big group trip where the build up of tension results in some fights.

RHOC in season 4 and 5 did that quite well.

I thought I was the only one who wanted this. The current formula is not working. 

• Like 2
On 10/22/2023 at 8:11 PM, hottesthw said:

So in the first 5 minutes Sai is telling yet another story about her mother, who didn’t raise her, and how they would go to the park together all the time, while she wasn’t raising her. And then takes Brynn’s story about Mimi and compares it to her story about her mom and how while they are not exactly the same they are similar and they connect over it. Very unlike Jessel whose uncle was also an alcoholic and died from it just like Sai’s mother, but according to Sai is not at all similar and is just Jessel being desperate and stupid. 

STFU Sai. And go get some help for yourself. 

I also read somewhere that in Jessel’s culture, aunts and uncles are much closer to them than an aunt or uncle if you grew up in the States. An aunt or uncle can essentially be a second parent. So it’s actually not comparing apples and Buffalo wings. 

• Like 3