Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Fresh Powder, Fresh Start

• Start Topic

The women of Salt Lake return and Heather wants to get everyone together for a fresh start; Whitney's public comments about Meredith put a strain on their already fragile friendship; Angie introduces her friend Monica to the ladies.

Airdate: 09.05.2023

Lots of distracting face work this season. When is the filler mask look going to end? They look like different people from scene to scene and again in the talking heads. They practically look animated. Just have some wrinkles for Gods sake.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Why did they bring Mary back? 

So we can study her a bit more before she returns to her home planet? I can think of no other reason.

15 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

"You'll kill people with your nasty tequila"  that's the line of the season already.

Funny that Lisa said they didn't leave off on a bad note and then proceeded to read a series of very mean texts that Mary sent her.

• LOL 23
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Words I never in my life thought I would hear…”Don’t go after my bathtub!” OMG Meredith Marks. 😂🤣😂

Yes, but is it really her bathtub?  According to Whitney (and the photos of all of Meredith's different homes over the years), Meredith leases her houses for filming, so, technically, it's really not.  🤣  

1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I did like Whitney's dig that Merediths house is probably wrapped in plastic so she'll get her deposit back.  Meow.

I liked it too, but Meredith got her own little dig in at Whitney regarding that horrible body-painting scene.

At least Meredith didn't go really low and mention that scene is what caused Whitney's husband to lose his job.  (That would have been something that Jen Shah would have said without blinking an eye.)

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh Heather, what are you wearing?

Apparently, Heather has an affinity for any and all garments that are Gucci logo'd.  Poor Heather - just because there are double G's all over the garment doesn't mean it's going to look good on you.  

That "fresh start" brunch was a sea of any and all designer logos.  It was ridiculous.  I remember reading something long ago about how the really wealthy people would never be seen in designer logo'd apparel because why should they provide free advertising for the brand?  I think these women are worse than most of the other franchises in showing off their designer stuff.  

Lisa, too, was especially pretentious about her faux fur Fendi bag, bragging about how she had to have it, because there were only eight made.

Mary is apparently continuing to spend her churchgoer's tithe money on more designer clothes for herself.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Yes, but is it really her bathtub?  According to Whitney (and the photos of all of Meredith's different homes over the years), Meredith leases her houses for filming, so, technically, it's really not.  🤣

But, but, her housekeeper cleans it every day!

57 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Lisa, too, was especially pretentious about her faux fur Fendi bag, bragging about how she had to have it, because there were only eight made

That was Angie. 

• Like 4

I don’t care what anyone says, Heather is pathological.   UGT confirmed that for me, but I feel like she gets loonier by the day.   

Mary’s a trip.  She’s in another universe, totally different kinda crazy.  

Lame show, full of women who just aren’t that bright.   Big ol’ yawner.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

All I could  think, was in 3 months,  we'll  probably  be shoveling  snow! It did look pretty  though. This show has always seemed  different than the others, it's the way it's shot I suppose. The only thing I like about Mary is,  if you ask her a question,  she'll  answer flat out how she wants. Not how you want her to answer. I have never  cared for brittle Betty( Lisa) she would  drive me crazy. Otoh, I quite like Meredith, there's  something  about her, and it's not just her impersonation of Whitney,  lol. Heather  looked pretty in the pale blue, the design wasn't  great. Whitney,  meh, she's  not that interesting  to me.I'm sorry her marriage  is in trouble though.

I'm here for it all, I just have to reset my brain, from the other  HW shows.

• Like 6

That opening scene is going to keep me up at night!  WHAT is happening? I guess I will have to look for some spoilers and see what it is all about.  Last season they teased the black eye and we never did find out what caused that. 😩

I died when Lisa read the texts she received from Mary.  Wow!  Unbelievable!

If Mary is not going to participate in anything again this season, she may as well be sitting in her closet and doing video calls again.  (Also, it's frustrating to me because if this show really filmed what actually happened, she would have the most intriguing story in the history of the housewives shows, but they don't want to show the truth...)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

All her new money. Head to toe. 

I used to like Heather till she sowed her HW oats and got a little too full of herself. Now she’s just odd. And kinda sad. Watching her fawn after the other HW on that trip she took was very pathetic. 

I wasn’t bothered by the new girl yet. Spill the gossip with a smile. Give ‘em all what they deserve. 

And I think I’m probably Lisa’s only fan. I like her and her husband. She works hard IRL and is just messy enough to be a good HW without being a loony harpie like Jen Shah. 

Soeakkng of which, did not miss her at all. I kinda am looking forward to seeing them all exist without her bullshit. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

That opening scene is going to keep me up at night!  WHAT is happening? I guess I will have to look for some spoilers and see what it is all about.  Last season they teased the black eye and we never did find out what caused that. 😩

If Mary is not going to participate in anything again this season, she may as well be sitting in her closet and doing video calls again.  (Also, it's frustrating to me because if this show really filmed what actually happened, she would have the most intriguing story in the history of the housewives shows, but they don't want to show the truth...)

It's something that Bravo does recently- it starts filming again after the season wraps to cover a supposed scandal/breaking story. It happened with Vanderpump Rules, the Atlanta Housewives, and obviously this one. All because there is not too much interest on those shows anymore.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I liked it too, but Meredith got her own little dig in at Whitney regarding that horrible body-painting scene.

At least Meredith didn't go really low and mention that scene is what caused Whitney's husband to lose his job.  (That would have been something that Jen Shah would have said without blinking an eye.

I was thinking Whitney has some balls criticizing Meredith and her bathtub scene after that sex-painting scene she did with Justin, that cost him his job. We were, at least, spared the visual, thanks to the bubbles. And, how is a bubble bath skeevier than slapping paint on each other during a televised "sex" scene? At least we didn't see where Meredith's toe went (I think I just threw up a little, and now I need brain bleach).

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Funny how often that question comes up. I had flashbacks to my childhood and the divorcee next door attempting to shovel snow in her fashion boots. Heather, you live in Utah, you ski,..surely you own the appropriate footwear for snow.

Speaking of what people are wearing...was the new girl trying to channel Erika Jayne in her red talking head outfit? Were they instructed to look as ridiculous as possible in their talking heads this season? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

That was almost as funny as Meredith imitating Whitney's babydoll voice in her bathtub interview.  And nearly as funny as all the HW's admitting they don't read books.

7 hours ago, hottesthw said:

And I think I’m probably Lisa’s only fan. I like her and her husband. She works hard IRL and is just messy enough to be a good HW without being a loony harpie like Jen Shah. 

Nope, I'm a Lisa fan too.  She was very funny on WWHNL.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I did like Whitney's dig that Merediths house is probably wrapped in plastic so she'll get her deposit back.  Meow.

Well at least her rental won't be foreclosed on.  Let's see if that happens to Whitney when she leaves her unemployed husband.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, hottesthw said:

You're not - she's my favorite on this show by a mile! Low bar I know 😄

• LOL 4
7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Every party has a pooper, that’s why we invited you.. party pooper .. she’s that one friend that refuses to actually participate in any thing fun.. the Debbie downer if you will of this group why did they bring Mary back? 

Mary when she heard that they'd be joining a snowball fight:

clueless-balls.gif

• LOL 11

You know SLC is back when we have a cold-open mystery with a dateline and ominous music. The foreboding psalm readings were a nice touch.

Another long-haired, center-parted brunette?!? Well, they definitely have a signature look in SLC. This one turned state (federal, I guess?) witness against Jen?! Daaamn. Welcome, friend!

I need a limited-edition pink mink Versace purse as a keepsake for my daughter! Where do they find these people?!?

I talked on the phone a lot with Lisa because Jen would get tired of talking to her and hand me the phone and I’d go, “Yah, girl, I know.” 

Producers must have scouted Monica right on the witness stand! She turned on Jen and she’s coming out guns-a-blazin for Lisa. She heard all the dark secrets from Jen, and she’s here to divulge…slowly over the course of the season.

it was a dig on my marriage and a dig on my bathtub! 🙄 

Chuck hunks of ice at the heads of those who have wronged you so we can start anew! What can go wrong?! What is this Rosemary’s Baby theme music?

Edited by JenE4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Every party has a pooper, that’s why we invited you.. party pooper .. she’s that one friend that refuses to actually participate in any thing fun.. the Debbie downer if you will of this group why did they bring Mary back? 

IMG_5812.jpeg

If the only reason she was brought back was so that Lisa would have reason to read the texts from her, it was well worth it! That was the greatest! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

Along with others on this site, I also like Lisa. She won me over last season.

I am happy for this show has returned.

The opening was pure brilliance- I love these producers.

My brother and sister-in-law lived in Salt Lake City - it is beautiful. When I went in January a few years ago, lots of snow but so beautiful. Everyone I met was super nice

• Love 2

21 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

All I could  think, was in 3 months,  we'll  probably  be shoveling  snow! It did look pretty  though. This show has always seemed  different than the others, it's the way it's shot I suppose. The only thing I like about Mary is,  if you ask her a question,  she'll  answer flat out how she wants. Not how you want her to answer. I have never  cared for brittle Betty( Lisa) she would  drive me crazy. Otoh, I quite like Meredith, there's  something  about her, and it's not just her impersonation of Whitney,  lol. Heather  looked pretty in the pale blue, the design wasn't  great. Whitney,  meh, she's  not that interesting  to me.I'm sorry her marriage  is in trouble though.

I'm here for it all, I just have to reset my brain, from the other  HW shows.

That's part of the appeal of the show to me. I haven't been to Utah yet, nor thought much about it before, unlike some of the other cities in the franchise. Salt Lake look absolutely beautiful, especially in the winter. I definitely want to visit at some point. Winter is my least favorite time of year, but having pretty scenery really helps me appreciate its beauty. Salt Lake also looks cozier to me than say Beverly Hills or Miami. It is kind of like Real Housewives of Dallas in that sense. Not full of celebrities or a huge party city.

I'm a huge Salt Lake fan, but I found the premiere just okay. They normally have so much drama and juiciness. 

Count me in on someone who doesn't mind Lisa. I agree that she's just messy enough to make a good Housewife, but she seems like a nice person.

Kind of the same for Meredith don't come for my bathtub Marks. The woman is TV gold! 

On 9/5/2023 at 8:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

These ‘fresh start’ parties always, always, go rotten quickly.

Did Whitney get her implants removed? 

Did Whitney's chest look smaller? Seth is going to be devastated!

• LOL 5

I'm confused as to why they brought Mary back. She was a terrible housewife. She didn't get along with anyone and she never participated in anything. The texts to Lisa were played off as a joke but they were pretty cruel. She sent similar texts to Whitney. She called Heather inbred (and will again according to the preview) and compared Jenn to a "Mexican thug." She doesn't look like she wants to be anywhere besides her closet. When she showed up to Heather's event, she barely said hi to anyone and sat down right away. Also, she doesn't know if her own son is married??

It'll be interesting to see how the season goes without Jenn Shah dragging everything down with her antics. I love that the new HW was a witness in her trial. I believe her when she says Jenn never said anything nice about these women.

• Like 12
  • Love 2