Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kathy covering the gold carpet is…a choice. She's trying real hard to rehab her reputation from the show. I don't blame her, but it's just funny to hear her gushing over Theresa and Gerry when she was so hard on Theresa. lol

I can't believe the strap broke on a Badgley Mischka dress. 😬

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, MissPriss said:

Really there’s only so much gravitas a sponsored televised wedding can muster. If anyone thought they’d tune in for Southern elegance that was a huge mistake. 
It was the carnival I expected. No disappointment here. 

Not quite sure what "Southern elegance" means, but I also am not quite sure what "carnival" means here, either. 

Re: Treesa's gown. I've opined on how the "Virginal Bride" look was completely wrong, given that the entire premise was how love could yet be found the second time around,  so about the "Mermaid" style in particular:  Not a good look for any actual human. An off-white "body-con" dress of "day length" would have shown Theresa's fit frame just fine. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I would have liked Theresa to put her hair up for the wedding.  Either that or don't wear a veil.  I don't like long-hair with a veil.

It was quite a lovely wedding, though I didn't care for Susan making it all about herself in the first part of her speech.  And yeah, a marriage proposal on someone else's wedding day is a major faux pas.  The couple (can't remember their names) said Gerry and Theresa OK'd it, but I'm sure they had no choice but to OK it since ABC has the final say.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Agree about the gown. I know she wanted the wedding she didn't have the first time, but the mermaid style was not practical. She was taking itty bitty steps. I know she wanted to show off her hot bod, but I think she would have rocked a ballgown. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I would have liked Theresa to put her hair up for the wedding.  Either that or don't wear a veil.  I don't like long-hair with a veil.

It was quite a lovely wedding, though I didn't care for Susan making it all about herself in the first part of her speech.  And yeah, a marriage proposal on someone else's wedding day is a major faux pas.  The couple (can't remember their names) said Gerry and Theresa OK'd it, but I'm sure they had no choice but to OK it since ABC has the final say.

Don’t get me wrong, but Susan went too much over the top.  It wasn’t her day, it was theirs.  Enough with the jokes.  There’s a time and place.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

A bridal registry? For real?

Not a MERE bridal registry...but an AMAZON registry with subliminal commercials.  Just like all the young break-out stars/mothers in reality shows like "16 and Pregnant," those gifts will keep rolling in as long as there's a TV presence of Mr. and Mrs. Golden Former Bachelor.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 7:34 PM, JenE4 said:

I guess since they’re just airing the ceremony, they’re doing the speeches now rather than during the reception.

And now...a word from our sponsors.   Those seven little words will take care of all scheduling issues.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:36 PM, kristen111 said:

Don’t get me wrong, but Susan went too much over the top.  It wasn’t her day, it was theirs.  Enough with the jokes.  There’s a time and place.  

Susan had very little power.  This wedding/reception was all scripted by The Golden Bachelor production staff.  I'm sure they worked with Susan, but she was "over the top" only because she was allowed and encouraged.  "GOOD TV" in the eyes of producers and sponsors doesn't care about the actual wedding...or the viewers. I'd bet the ages of those decision- makers isn't CLOSE to the demographic age of the viewers.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:
4 hours ago, Doublemint said:

There is no dignity here.  They are acting like idiots getting married in Vegas.

And what exactly is wrong with getting married in Vegas?

I didn't get the "something wrong...Vegas."  Isn't the emphasis on "No dignity and "Idiots"?

LIPSTICK!  LIPSTICK!  LIPSTICK!  Of utmost importance to me: Theresa's LIPSTICK!  In clips from previous shows, she's slathered in greasy/slippery/ bleeding lipsticks...various shades (and RED!) Prior to the wedding she's still greasy.  At her wedding, she's wearing a nice soft shade of MATTE lipstick.  Nothing greasy-looking, no bleeding outside her lipline. No red. THERESA!  Get the name of that lipstick and make it your signature look!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I noticed that during the wedding vows, they cut over to a shot of Leslie. I actually did gasp when they did that but I guess I really shouldn’t have been surprised.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Kathy covering the gold carpet is…a choice. She's trying real hard to rehab her reputation from the show.

Yeah, she’s trying way TOO hard, IMO. I thought she was obnoxious.

• Like 4
(edited)

Back in the day, Kathy got riled at Theresa for the latter's TMI about her early "connection" with Gerry. Turns out both women knew right away that it was so. 😍 💍

Susan? Tone down the ABC hosting audition. Kathy's doing it better. 🎤 📺

Leslie? No regrets, girlfriend. You'll always have your Prince. 😉 🎸

Joey? Oh, Baby, I'll be there! (Why, he's practically my Homie, being from only two counties away!) 🥰  😄 🌹

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Wink 1
9 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Did anyone else think Zach looked sickly?  Maybe it was because he was next to women with spray tans but, my goodness, he looked gray in the gills and ready to drop!  Perhaps he'd just seen Rachel walk by.  That could explain it.

I hope Theresa felt like the most beautiful woman on earth.  I just wish they'd not overwhelmed her petite frame with so much and chosen a simpler, more elegant look for her.  She didn't look comfortable, either.

i thought her gown was lovely but that veil did not complement her look at all

• Like 1

Mermaid?  It is not 1986.  Put your hair up with a veil.  I got remarried at 52 with a semi casual dress (think simple white bridesmaid dress off Amazon for $60, no veil.) and I wanted a registry of things you could take OUT of my house.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Mermaid?  It is not 1986.  Put your hair up with a veil.  I got remarried at 52 with a semi casual dress (think simple white bridesmaid dress off Amazon for $60, no veil.) and I wanted a registry of things you could take OUT of my house.

Hair.  I’ve always thought Teresa’s hair was a wig?  Or extensions, or something.  I’m happy for her.  She’s sincere.  I hope he makes her happy.  

• Like 3

I thought the dress looked better on Theresa at the bridal salon. I don’t know what happened, but the fit was awful at the wedding. The straps were a distraction and gave it a messy look.  I agree with everyone about her hair which should have been up. Veil was just ‘meh’ and didn’t work well with the dress. I’m guessing she was the one who had her heart set on a mermaid style because there would have been other styles way more flattering. And her makeup/skin tone was washed out. Or perhaps the lighting didn’t do her any favors.  I like her, I think she’s genuinely kind and sweet, so I was really hoping she’d walk down the aisle looking fabulous. I guess as long as she felt beautiful with her choices, that’s all that really matters. 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Susan? Tone down the ABC hosting audition. Kathy's doing it better.

Blame Production for all of it.  Susan has a more professional bearing...she DOES need to tone it down; it's probably too late (in life).  Kathy's minor hesitations were annoying.  I'm sure she was well coached and thinks she's ready for network hosting duties henceforth.  She's not.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I wanted to see some of the reception, not the pre wedding “red carpet”  - and the whole Brayden proposal- WTF - really, really that was so inappropriate, annoying and a waste of time.

I am off to put my 60th birthday party registry on Amazon. I will pose the QR code so you can send me gifts. I am looking forward to receiving lots of Poise and depend products, and supplements for seniors. 

Be careful what you wish for 😍

9 hours ago, Zero260 said:

I thought the dress looked better on Theresa at the bridal salon. I don’t know what happened, but the fit was awful at the wedding. The straps were a distraction and gave it a messy look.  I agree with everyone about her hair which should have been up. Veil was just ‘meh’ and didn’t work well with the dress. I’m guessing she was the one who had her heart set on a mermaid style because there would have been other styles way more flattering. And her makeup/skin tone was washed out. Or perhaps the lighting didn’t do her any favors.  I like her, I think she’s genuinely kind and sweet, so I was really hoping she’d walk down the aisle looking fabulous. I guess as long as she felt beautiful with her choices, that’s all that really matters. 

I agree the dress did not fit her especially in the bustline and her strap was broken during the vows…. But honestlly a white wedding dress and veil is not a good look on a 70 year old imo

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

This wedding went on way too long and I was not emotionally moved by it at all.   Leslie looked great in her metallic eyeshadow and pewter off the shoulder dress- that's a "fuck you, Gerry" dress if I've ever seen one 😄🔥💃!  Gerry's vows were predictably melodramatic, wordy and weepy, but what did I expect?  I loved Leslie's side eye when the camera panned to her during his vows- very subtle, but she kept her cool and was poised throughout this drawn-out event.  I'm sure we'll see Gerry and Teresa during their honeymoon and maybe a follow up episode on 48 Hours. 😏 (just kidding!)  The Amazon product placement was sooo heavy handed- I don't even know them and they want me to scan an app on my tv and buy them a blender?! No thank you! 😅  

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And now...a word from our sponsors.   Those seven little words will take care of all scheduling issues.

Susan had very little power.  This wedding/reception was all scripted by The Golden Bachelor production staff.  I'm sure they worked with Susan, but she was "over the top" only because she was allowed and encouraged.

Agree it was way to scripted and basically a recap of the season - I found the ceremony uncomfortable and awkward somehow, but maybe Im just not into it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Somebody on another forum said Theresa looked like Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I missed some because I had to look away when the cringe got to be too much for me. Susan seems to be auditioning for a job, she needed to tone it down a bit during the wedding ceremony. I did think the Christmas get together with both families was nice and hope that they all continue to get along well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

They are making Teresa wait at the end of the aisle for a commercial break?  For Poise overnight pads??? And a diabetes commercial listing disgusting side effects? This is what happens to your perfect wedding when you put it in the hands of money-hungry ABC.  

I counted ten commercials.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Don’t imagine for a moment that all of that wasn’t written for Susan to say.  Part of the unscripted script.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I wanted to see more of the reception. At least their first dance! 

I wanted to see more of the women from the show, them interacting and having a good time. 

This probably would've been better if it wasn't a live event. If they taped the wedding and then cut together a solid two hour episode that covers their journey, the ceremony, a bit of the reception (the important bits), and the other women + notable bachelor alumni interacting. 

The gold carpet was not a good idea. Kathy and Charity did a whole lot of scene chewing when that time could've been spent on seeing the good stuff. 

YMMV

• Like 9
  • Applause 6

Kaitlyn Bristowe wore lime green which stood out and then managed to get in the background shots 🙄

Normally I don't like when somebody interrupts an interview, but I think Ben Higgins was trying to help out Leslie by cutting into Kathy interviewing her. I did see a clip of him dancing with Leslie.

Sean and Catherine were close with Chris Harrison, maybe that's why they aren't being featured? They used to show up for the opening of an envelope. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So, let’s get catty for a sec.  Kathy’s new face is spectacular.  Joan’s new face, not so much.  It’s pulled much too tight.  I just hope they pick Edith for the next Bachelorette.  And soon.

There was too much of Kathy, Charity and the guy, what’s his face?  Plus all the people on ABC.  It was an ABC Fest.  Too many commercials, but that’s what it’s all about.  MONEY.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

This wedding went on way too long and I was not emotionally moved by it at all.   Leslie looked great in her metallic eyeshadow and pewter off the shoulder dress- that's a "fuck you, Gerry" dress if I've ever seen one 😄🔥💃!  Gerry's vows were predictably melodramatic, wordy and weepy, but what did I expect?  I loved Leslie's side eye when the camera panned to her during his vows- very subtle, but she kept her cool and was poised throughout this drawn-out event.  I'm sure we'll see Gerry and Teresa during their honeymoon and maybe a follow up episode on 48 Hours. 😏 (just kidding!)  The Amazon product placement was sooo heavy handed- I don't even know them and they want me to scan an app on my tv and buy them a blender?! No thank you! 😅  

My Sister said the same as you.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I just looked up Amazon's registry. Or should I say registries. There are four or five under their names. You can eliminate the ones that couldn't even get the wedding date right. Then there's location. One has La Quinta, but wouldn't that have been private before the show aired? I guess it could have been added last night. There was also one for LA. That could have been generic enough to throw people off the scent. Or from someone who didn't know but was acting like they did 

I didn't really look around much to figure out if ANY of them were real. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

There was too much of Kathy, Charity and the guy, what’s his face?  Plus all the people on ABC.  It was an ABC Fest.  Too many commercials, but that’s what it’s all about.  MONEY.

Jesse? I do have a warm spot for him because he does the baking shows on food network.  I like him better on that. Not used to him on these series. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

There was an older gentleman in a tux standing behind the host Jesse Palmer, I wonder if that was Gerry's father? I assume he was at the wedding, I would have liked to hear from him. He seems blunt so maybe they were afraid to interview him live?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, endure said:

Agree it was way to scripted and basically a recap of the season - I found the ceremony uncomfortable and awkward somehow, but maybe Im just not into it.

My best friend since 1948...emailed me, "I so enjoyed the 2 hours. Gerry is a goober but they seem very happy."  Why can't I just let her have her too-expensive happy-bubble wedding?  I responded few of my own comments.  I should include yours.  The program could have been ONE HOUR...and still too long.  (Gerry is no innocent "goober.")

• Like 4
On 1/4/2024 at 10:00 PM, VanSensei said:

Paul Russell never has to lift another finger again. This Boo Thang song they're using everywhere could retire him just from royalties alone

He got the music from one of my favorite songs "Best of my Love" from The Emotions

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The dress was all wrong for a tiny woman. It swallowed her up. There are so many other styles that would have looked lovely and flattering. However no one asked me. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

There was an older gentleman in a tux standing behind the host Jesse Palmer, I wonder if that was Gerry's father? I assume he was at the wedding, I would have liked to hear from him. He seems blunt so maybe they were afraid to interview him live?

Not Gerry’s father. He wasn't able to be there:

https://screenrant.com/the-golden-bachelor-wedding-who-is-gerry-turners-dad-not-at-wedding/

This article describes two wedding cakes. Were we shown them?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Yahoo article, very critical.  Basically calling the whole thing an ABC money grab:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-golden-wedding-painful-watch-170111764.html

Article:

As one of the many viewers of the “The Golden Wedding,” aka the live televised nuptials of Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist, our inaugural Golden Bachelor and his winning woman, here is my quick take: a totally depressing dud!

To be fair, my expectations weren’t high. As the air date approached I wondered what, exactly, would make a live wedding compelling television. Many viewers have little-to-no emotional investment in the actual couple, whom they do not know in real life. But even as I pondered, it did not occur to me that the wedding itself—the part with the vows, the rings, the kiss—would be mere minutes of the broadcast. I should have been smarter; these live events are all about cash—for the network, for the couple, for all members of Bachelor Nation in attendance, who seemed to make up a vast swath of guests invited to the event. (Host Jesse Palmer actually called it a “Bachelor Nation” wedding, as if the entire nation were there to get married to itself.)

So the lion’s share of the thing was actually red carpet–ish interviews with those famous-if-you-squint guests, many conducted by Golden Bachelorcontestant Kathy Swarts, who referenced her desire for a drink so many times I lost count. Tucked into these was an embarrassing and cringe proposal between a former Bachelor in Paradise contestant and his girlfriend whom I’d never heard of, footage of a bizarre bachelorette party involving Theresa and other contestants (aka exes of Gerry’s), and not-so-elegantly placed plugs for Amazon’s “Wedding Registry” product where you, too, can peruse wedding gifts selected by Theresa and Gerry for their “Golden Registry.” (Be warned: These are not things they actually want but things INSPIRED by the things they want, which surely come diamond-crusted and for free by a variety of designers.)

I did find most of this scripted in the reality style, annoying, and boring, only broken up by an array of pharma ads of such variety I was impressed. (I still don’t know what most of the drugs ABC is hawking to its viewership actually do.) But really, what brought me down was how this extremely lame public event of a very private choice—to get married—put a pall on the delight of the entire season of The Golden Bachelor.

The joy of this iteration of The Bachelor—where the Bachelor himself was 71, and every woman over 60—was that everyone on the show just seemed more real. They had aches, pains, real heartbreak, tragedy in their pasts, hearing aids, flatulence, deep senses of humor and selves. All of this gave the show a sense of authenticity that so many reality shows lack, inside and outside of Bachelor Nation. Gerry was the perfect, kind, nearly blank canvas for the woman to shine in contrast to him, and getting to know them was real joy. The show found new life in older people, and charmed so many of us who had tuned out of Bachelor Nation ages ago.

The live wedding, however, was both a broadcast and event that didn’t feel tailored at all to a couple having a second wedding. This is a couple where both people are over 70, a couple who would be free, in real life, to make choices outside the conventional—like, say, a more intimate ceremony without a bunch of strangers in attendance, or a non–Badgley Mischka–designed dress that seemed to wear the bride. (I much preferred the Nordstrom-available number Theresa wore at the finale.) I’m sure Gerry and Theresa made bank. And they got those free Neil Lane rings, presented by the man himself! But putting their vows on air for all to see, in an exceedingly conventional set up, burst the bubble many of us were inside with this show, which is that we were seeing something a bit realer than we usually do on TV.

But at the end of the day, The Golden Bachelor is just another part of the Bachelor franchise, and a reality TV show like all the others. It will produce spon con and influencers (Kathy? Who else?). Gerry and Theresa will pop up here and there to share updates on their love. (I’m deliberately not putting that in quotes because I really do think they love each other and will have a great life together, whether for an hour or 20 years, as Theresa might say.) At some point, we will get another Golden Bachelor or, even better, the first Golden Bachelorette (Faith? Leslie?). And I’ll watch again. But I’ll also hope the novelty of the concept will have worn off enough that we don’t get another live ‘golden wedding,’ and that the next two senior citizens who find each other on the show can just drive off in their old Honda or whatever and live out the rest of the lives with the thrill of authenticity we want to believe so badly is actually real, not merely produced for television.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5

I knew there would be cringe, but they out did themselves.  

I am not sure why I watched this.   I firmly believe everything  in Bachelor Nation is fake and manipulated.   I know there have been a few that have worked out, but most people are there for their own reasons.     

A few thoughts -- her dress.  Corpse bride was spot on.   I really don't like to be so harsh but these guys signed up for this.  We are not all going to gush and think everything is beautiful.    

I have been to a real life wedding like this.   I thought what  I thought but  I kept those thoughts to myself because they were nice people, doing what they wanted to do and i was happy for them.   

But Gerry and Treesa sold their souls for this fiasco, so I do not feel bad about my comments or anyone else's.   

What is up with Theresa's hair?   It can look fine but then often it looks like a bad wig.   Nothing wrong if she has a wig or extensions but if that is what they are, they are very bad.     I don't know much about that kind of thing.   I wonder if she just has very coarse hair.  I feel like there is a stylist somewhere who can help her.   

I thought Kathy looked great.   Better than she ever did on the show.    I know make up, lighting etc, can do wonders.   

Trista went all in on the spray tan.   

As for all of bachelor nation that was in attendance, they were all strangers to me.  I remember Trista and Ryan and the Mesnicks and that's about it, aside from the golden bachelorettes.  

I bet some of them are embarrassed to be a part of this.   

Part of me wonders if this was even a legal wedding.   And maybe they are going to have a highly publicized 'divorce'.    They are really milking this thing and i feel like a lot of the stories that leaked or broke, before the wedding were just to keep them in people's minds.   Otherwise a lot of us would have just forgotten about them and the wedding.   Oh i don't know but i don't put anything past shows like this.   lol  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Yahoo article, very critical.  Basically calling the whole thing an ABC money grab:

Thanks for the URL and especially thanks for the entire article.  I wish I could send it to my best friend of 76 years, but she wouldn't appreciate it.  She emailed me, "I enjoyed the entire two hours."  She always wonders why I'm "so critical."  I explain what "critique" means again and again.

12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

This article describes two wedding cakes. Were we shown them?

I saw one that looked like this.  It was on an interview with the wedding planner who gushed, "That's 24-karat EDIBLE gold!"  The cake was displayed like this...no decorations. Maybe it's impressive in person.

image.png.a64e1bbe036c686ad54e8365a43670e4.png

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Thanks for the URL and especially thanks for the entire article.  I wish I could send it to my best friend of 76 years, but she wouldn't appreciate it.  She emailed me, "I enjoyed the entire two hours."  She always wonders why I'm "so critical."  I explain what "critique" means again and again.

I saw one that looked like this.  It was on an interview with the wedding planner who gushed, "That's 24-karat EDIBLE gold!"  The cake was displayed like this...no decorations. Maybe it's impressive in person.

image.png.a64e1bbe036c686ad54e8365a43670e4.png

Thank you for the wedding cake photo! Sooo much edible gold- the guests probably ended up looking like they were wearing Flavor Flav's gold teeth grills after they finished eating it! 😄

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I saw the pics.  Teresa has no fashion sense, white boots?  Gerry dresses like the Midwestern he is, just throw a jacket on over anything.  They both dress like it's 1969.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, EEF said:

I saw the pics.  Teresa has no fashion sense, white boots?  Gerry dresses like the Midwestern he is, just throw a jacket on over anything.  They both dress like it's 1969.

Sounds like Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Well, you do have all of us for critiques, being critical and snark

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, you do have all of us for critiques, being critical and snark

There are SO MANY great comments here that I'd like to send her...but she would just think I'm being mean.  She's overly concerned with wanting people to think of her as "nice."  I'm sure they do, but she must feel guilt about something to be so worried about it.  I'm lucky; I don't care...and I don't worry about what my friends think.  They know they can tell me if we have "situations."

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2024 at 6:27 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

They are so smitten and happy it seems, i think they really did make a strong connection early on because what is the actual timeline from filming the show to the actual wedding, just seems they haven’t known each other that long.  But I get it, sometimes you just know. 🩷🩷🩷

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I get all the cynical comments, but do we really think they'd involve their prior families (especially their daughters) in the process and the wedding itself??

If so, what kind of message are they sending their adult children? That it's okay to pretend to be in love in order to have a TV wedding? Doesn't make any sense to me, but truth be told, I'm not that invested...one way or the other.

• Like 3

I was talking about this show with a dear friend and we both agreed that Susan was just too centered on herself at the start of the ceremony.  I know that many posters (including myself) lay the blame on the producers, but the reality (to me) is that if one agrees to go along with what production wants, then they are aligning themselves with what happens.  So, Susan, who I previously adored, agreed to go along and promote herself.  She went down a bit in my estimation (and I realize none of these participants care what I think).

If participants want fame and are therefore willing to do what production tells them, then they agree to their portrayals and actions.  Alas, just like every other Bachelor show, some participants should relaize that sometimes the more we see of someone, the less we end up liking them.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So, Susan, who I previously adored, agreed to go along and promote herself

I was never as big a Susan fan as others and I couldn't have said why until I just watched a clip of Theresa's first date with Jerry. 

Susan was doing her hair and Theresa asked her quietly to roll the curling iron backward on the curl next to her face and Susan went into a loud, "You're telling me how to do hair!  I've been doing hair for thirty years!" 

Susan was laughing, but it was still harsh enough that Theresa instantly backed down and apologized.  It reminded me of all the hairdressers I've tried to warn about my quirky hair, they never listen, they always wish they had later. 

No matter how long they've been doing hair, it's never as long as we've been living with ours. Susan was just over the top bossy and her crude humor never really seemed that funny to me.

14 hours ago, bequialife said:

Sounds like Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood.

That's who I always think of when I see white boots.  All the boys were crazy about Nancy and all I ever saw was an overly skinny body under a too big homely face. 

• Like 10
23 hours ago, mishap said:

I knew there would be cringe, but they out did themselves.  

I am not sure why I watched this.   I firmly believe everything  in Bachelor Nation is fake and manipulated.   I know there have been a few that have worked out, but most people are there for their own reasons.     

A few thoughts -- her dress.  Corpse bride was spot on.   I really don't like to be so harsh but these guys signed up for this.  We are not all going to gush and think everything is beautiful.    

I have been to a real life wedding like this.   I thought what  I thought but  I kept those thoughts to myself because they were nice people, doing what they wanted to do and i was happy for them.   

But Gerry and Treesa sold their souls for this fiasco, so I do not feel bad about my comments or anyone else's.   

What is up with Theresa's hair?   It can look fine but then often it looks like a bad wig.   Nothing wrong if she has a wig or extensions but if that is what they are, they are very bad.     I don't know much about that kind of thing.   I wonder if she just has very coarse hair.  I feel like there is a stylist somewhere who can help her.   

I thought Kathy looked great.   Better than she ever did on the show.    I know make up, lighting etc, can do wonders.   

Trista went all in on the spray tan.   

As for all of bachelor nation that was in attendance, they were all strangers to me.  I remember Trista and Ryan and the Mesnicks and that's about it, aside from the golden bachelorettes.  

I bet some of them are embarrassed to be a part of this.   

Part of me wonders if this was even a legal wedding.   And maybe they are going to have a highly publicized 'divorce'.    They are really milking this thing and i feel like a lot of the stories that leaked or broke, before the wedding were just to keep them in people's minds.   Otherwise a lot of us would have just forgotten about them and the wedding.   Oh i don't know but i don't put anything past shows like this.   lol  

I'm pretty sure it was a legal wedding, and that no way in Hades is any split going to be "highly publicized," at least not on the network that wants us to not stop believin'!

I'm also pretty darn certain that not one person in attendance was "embarrassed" to be so. There's no crying in baseball, and there's no embarrassment in Bachelor Nation!

This is REALITY TELEVISION. Publicity, commercials, interviews, articles, sequels, prequels, anniversaries, major events, and home visits are not tangential, not "milking"; they ARE the genre, the definition, the irreducible quantity. 

Jeopardy's Ken Jennings parlayed his wins into the esteemed hosting gig (and being a "Master Mind"), and nobody gives him grief. Athletes become TV show hosts in non-sports categories; is Jesse Palmer to be criticized? Perfumes, clothing lines, cookware, etc.---so many entertainment figures "branch out" of their niche both to make money and to stay in the public's eye with nary a peep of opprobrium. 🤫

So if in their 70s Gerry and Theresa want another grab at the brass ring of happiness and are willing to risk the slings and arrows of viewers of their Reality Show Merry-Go-Round, good for them. 🎠 🤞

Would I do it? Never! 🤪

But I also didn't  change the channel. 😉

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4