Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Arkay said:

All of the above ring true to me. 
I didn’t much care for Gerry as he is just not my type, but I did think at first he was as portrayed, a grieving widower ready to try again.

But, as Tink referenced, everything important in his story was a lie, other than he was in fact a widower. She shouldn’t have gone through with it but of course—-TV, money, some fame, paid-for wedding—and since they never lived together, not even in the same state, I don’t see how that could’ve lasted.

I think it is very easy to get caught  up in all the glamour and then when there you are back to normal reality, it is a let down and the truths start emerging. 

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it is very easy to get caught  up in all the glamour and then when there you are back to normal reality, it is a let down and the truths start emerging. 

I absolutely agree, but I think that’s the same for the young couples in the franchise as well. For the seniors, who don’t have decades ahead, I was hopeful this would work. Until Gerry was revealed to be a pretender, that is.

i just read an article in the NY Post online, and the only time Theresa mentioned “sad” was about having to return the ring to Neil Lane, lol.

• LOL 11
12 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Kathy and Susan are posting about it on Instagram but they won’t gossip about it. Hopefully somebody will spill some dirt. 😆

Maybe they’re worried that if the Golden Bachelor version turned out to be a dud, they won’t keep getting invited back to give “advice” to the young ones on the regular franchise. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Theresa should call up Gerry's ex from that Hollywood Reporter article and have a fun night out! Good riddance to Gerry the teary-eyed swindler!  I hoped beyond hope that Theresa would look in the mirror one day while applying her signature lipstick 💄and snap out of it and she did. 

Gerry will be splaying his hands across his chest and crying on whatever news station will have him. 😭😏 Walk tall and load up the dating apps, Theresa! 🙌💯♥️

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/14/2024 at 9:16 AM, Starlight925 said:

I'll come home from these dates sometimes and say....well that was a waste of expensive makeup lol.

Do we know for sure it's Leslie?  If so, I'll root for her, although I, too, didn't love her sexy dance.  Cringe.

My late husband had an single employee who had a date she was looking forward to ( think it involved a concert)  it was so long ago I don’t remember what  was wrong with the guy but she said the next day “ I shaved my legs for that? “ 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 11

Naive of me, figuring Gerry & Theresa's septagenarian status meant they were level-headed. I am 68 myself. 

When it comes to love, everyone is an idiot. 

I just learned Rachel & Bryan are getting divorced!

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Naive of me, figuring Gerry & Theresa's septagenarian status meant they were level-headed. I am 68 myself. 

I just learned Rachel & Bryan are getting divorced!

Most of these marriages are doomed, I guess age doesn't make much difference. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Maybe Gerry can get his job as a janitor at the psych ward back? Err- I mean his job as a restaurateur😅

I hope this is a lesson. Don't exaggerate this much! Gerry owned a 🍔burger joint, s he is a "restrateur"  I giggled when I thought of working not in a mental facility, but in a rest home. Finding a table leg loose, and calling maintenance, and who shows up but Gerry? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6

What was it we heard a thousand times?

"Don't find the one you can live with, find the one you can't live without. "

I guess he found he could live without her.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 18
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What was it we heard a thousand times?

"Don't find the one you can live with, find the one you can't live without. "

I guess he found he could live without her.

Fair point! He told us all along that he wasn’t looking for someone to live with! Are we surprised he didn’t move?! 

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Arkay said:

Maybe they’re worried that if the Golden Bachelor version turned out to be a dud, they won’t keep getting invited back to give “advice” to the young ones on the regular franchise. 

Kathy and Susan have a podcast now too, they don't want the Theresa/Gerry break up to slow down their gravy train. ;)

If the real reason for the divorce is location because Theresa wouldn't leave her job, I think in a few years when she wants to retire she would regret choosing her job. But I don't buy that location was the only reason.

I saw pictures of Gerry with pickle ball friends and the ladies were all over him, I think he is like a kid in a candy store and can have his pick of women so why settle down now.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

This really should be the tagline for the entire franchise.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

What a surprise, NOT.  Gerry and Teresa getting a Divorce?  I just saw it on Us Weekly.  WTH ?  I haven’t read anything up above yet.  Was it all a Sham?   Is everything fixed on these shows or what?  What and who do we believe ?  I’m disgusted.   Waste of my eyes.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/12/2024 at 12:14 PM, TeeVeeWatcher said:

It would be interesting to read the contracts they signed. Perhaps it was never a legal marriage? 

There was a couple (not Kenny and Mari or "Goose" and what's her name) who got married on BIP years ago and it later came out that it wasn't a legal marriage, so I've been wondering about this, too. The pressure put on Gerry and Theresa for this fast marriage would not have helped their relationship. I wish their families had talked them out of that and I hope that if this "Golden" show continues, they leave grandchildren out of it.

• Like 11
(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 10:58 AM, Arkay said:

I absolutely agree, but I think that’s the same for the young couples in the franchise as well. For the seniors, who don’t have decades ahead, I was hopeful this would work. Until Gerry was revealed to be a pretender, that is.

i just read an article in the NY Post online, and the only time Theresa mentioned “sad” was about having to return the ring to Neil Lane, lol.

They both knew from the beginning there was a distance problem, so why go forward?  That was not the reason.  I think Teresa was in it for real.  I think he is a player and wants the perks of being on t.v.  Creep.  He never had a decent job, so went on tv for the money, trip, etc.   A real bullshit Artist imo.  I just hope she’s not too upset.  Leslie dodged a bullet.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 11
  • Applause 2

I am shocked they didn’t hold out until a few months after the Italy trip which was In May.  Maybe there was some sort of stipulation  there.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think he is a player and wants the perks of being on t.v.  Creep.  He never had a decent job, so went on tv for the money, trip, etc.   A real bullshit Artist imo.  I just hope she’s not too upset.  Leslie dodged a bullet.

I agree, except that I wouldn’t say he didn’t have a decent job. All honest work is decent. But he certainly wasn’t truthful about his jobs nor about his (supposedly chaste) widowed lifestyle.

Whether or not Theresa or any of the women knew the truth before it became public, that I don’t know if we know?

100% yes on Leslie. Maybe she would’ve moved in with him had he chosen to marry her, but in hindsight he is the opposite of a good catch. 

• Like 9
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What a surprise, NOT.  Gerry and Teresa getting a Divorce?  I just saw it on Us Weekly.  WTH ?  I haven’t read anything up above yet.  Was it all a Sham?   Is everything fixed on these shows or what?  What and who do we believe ?  I’m disgusted.   Waste of my eyes.

2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

There was a couple (not Kenny and Mari or "Goose" and what's her name) who got married on BIP years ago and it later came out that it wasn't a legal marriage, so I've been wondering about this, too. The pressure put on Gerry and Theresa for this fast marriage would not have helped their relationship. I wish their families had talked them out of that and I hope that if this "Golden" show continues, they leave grandchildren out of it.

Apparently Gerry filed for divorce earlier this week,so it was legal.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I remember that!  Marcus and  Lacey who ran elder care home. After they broke up he said she had changed completely and he called her toxic.  

• Like 5
22 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Fair point! He told us all along that he wasn’t looking for someone to live with! Are we surprised he didn’t move?! 

I’m shocked they gave up the trip and didn’t wait a little longer.  Or, maybe there was a stipulation.

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Watch that bozo show up on Golden Bachelorette with hat in hand asking Leslie if she will accept his “rose”?

Man, I sure hope "rose" isn't a euphemism! 😳

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What kind of stipulation(s) are you thinking of? Something in their contracts that force them to live together or something? 

Yes.  Something in their contract that proved they were legit about the marriage.  That they weren’t just there for the perks.  Also, maybe there was something about him she didn’t like and wanted out asap.  Who knows?  Who wants a divorce after a couple of months?     

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4

I could see a stipulation for the 'honeymoon' to Italy that they would be filmed the entire time and maybe one or both didn't want to have to carry out the pretense under such scrutiny.  Their body language during Joey's final episode was very telling-when they knew the cameras were on them they were all lovey-dovey, but when the cameras caught them in candid shots there was definitely a change in their body language (leaning away, not smiling, etc.).  So, I think that one or both just had no desire to keep pretending for the cameras.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I could see a stipulation for the 'honeymoon' to Italy that they would be filmed the entire time and maybe one or both didn't want to have to carry out the pretense under such scrutiny.  Their body language during Joey's final episode was very telling-when they knew the cameras were on them they were all lovey-dovey, but when the cameras caught them in candid shots there was definitely a change in their body language (leaning away, not smiling, etc.).  So, I think that one or both just had no desire to keep pretending for the cameras.

You’re right.  I saw that.  When the camera went on them, she gave him a kiss out of nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7

I hope that they both - with the foreknowledge of their families - entered into the whole televised wedding with a "sure, why not?" attitude; meaning, they knew they didn't really know each other and had no long-term plan but were willing to (a) go along for the ride, and (b) see if it might lead anywhere.  I think the whole "in love" routine was for show, and I hope they both benefitted from winning the GB competition and appearing in the "special episode."  I hope they' just decided to stop playing their roles as the BG couple and are amicably retiring from it - no broken hearts, no crushed dreams, no failure to meet expectations.  

It's just impossible for me to believe this was ever real for them (legal, yes, but not "real").  It was a competition you could win by convincing others you were in love; they got the prize and can now walk away.  I won't miss them. 

• Like 14

Kathy is really trying to play like she's a sweetheart now, personally I think Kathy and Susan could be some hardcore witches with a b. 

I wonder if Gerry picked Theresa because she seemed like a naive pushover and then found out she was more savvy than he thought and he couldn't pull his usual b.s. with her?

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

Kathy is really trying to play like she's a sweetheart now, personally I think Kathy and Susan could be some hardcore witches with a b. 

I wonder if Gerry picked Theresa because she seemed like a naive pushover and then found out she was more savvy than he thought and he couldn't pull his usual b.s. with her?

I can see that.  Theresa’s a Senior Compliance Officer at an investment firm.  She would have to be tough.   

• Like 9
(edited)

Wasn't it Leslie whom Gerry had lustfully pressed up against a wall?

And wasn't it Theresa whom he did not? 

Leslie excited Gerry, and Treesa comforted him. Which desire did Ole Ger' choose to ride with into the sunset? The better-paying one. 

And then he lost both. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 4/12/2024 at 8:14 AM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Theresa should call up Gerry's ex from that Hollywood Reporter article and have a fun night out! Good riddance to Gerry the teary-eyed swindler!  I hoped beyond hope that Theresa would look in the mirror one day while applying her signature lipstick 💄and snap out of it and she did. 

Gerry will be splaying his hands across his chest and crying on whatever news station will have him. 😭😏 Walk tall and load up the dating apps, Theresa! 🙌💯♥️

My advise, Theresa should stay single, free and happy!  Many years ago I read the happiest people are married men, the second happiest are single women. Relationships are risky at any age imo - why take the risk.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I can see that.  Theresa’s a Senior Compliance Officer at an investment firm.  She would have to be tough.   

I'm sure she's a realist when it really matters, at least I hope so.  I also think she has a really close relationship with her daughter and it would be difficult to suddenly up and leave family you really love to be with. This all seems like an odd whirlwind to me and honestly I don't know what to think.

• Like 5

It’s hard enough to watch the young ones embarrass themselves. It’s just painful to watch seniors. Reality TV really strips people of their good sense. Fame and money are powerful, seducing seniors to pretend they are still young and sexy. 
I hope we’ve seen the last of these senior bachelors and ‘ettes. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, MissPriss said:

It’s hard enough to watch the young ones embarrass themselves. It’s just painful to watch seniors. Reality TV really strips people of their good sense. Fame and money are powerful, seducing seniors to pretend they are still young and sexy. 

I wonder if this fiasco will derailed the planned Golden Bachelorette…. Or at least get the person who thought a rushed wedding would be a good thing reprimanded/fired. There was so much good will when the season ended.  Gerry and Theresa could have quietly gone their own way like so many others.  Now they have the record for both the quickest wedding and fastest divorce.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is he copping a feel? What the heck?! The photo before that he is talking by Leslie but she doesn't look too thrilled.

In another photo he has his hand on another woman's shoulder too,  but def not as alarming as the one where it appears he's touching the women's breast.  Theresa would surely have been aware when she posted these photos two weeks ago eh?  If it were nothing I doubt she would put them on there, right?

On 4/12/2024 at 7:52 AM, libgirl2 said:

Yes - like... who is this guy I married?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, MissPriss said:

hope we’ve seen the last of these senior bachelors and ‘ettes. 

Yes, it is unrealistic that people in that age group who have kids and grandkids can have a marriage to someone in another state. As we age, we become more dependent on having our kids close by. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, MissPriss said:

I was really charmed by The Golden franchise and the idea of second loves and a more mature (one would assume!) twist on this often-failed experiment. But this quick break-up really took the wind out of it, and joke's on me for thinking the older crowd would be more genuine and serious. I think, for the most part, the women who signed up were serious - but once production and the limelight sinks their claws in, things change. I don't trust that Gerry was ever really for real. The only way this would be successful for him is if whomever he chose followed his every whim moving forward. 

You're probably right and that may be why they haven't announced a Golden Bachelorette - the franchise is always so quick to announce the next Bachelor/Bachelorette, and they really had no excuse when they already have a pool of Golden women to pull from. Unless none of them want to do it. 

• Like 6

I saw a video of Sandra scolding the viewers to not gossip about Gerry and Theresa. They chose to make a spectacle of their marriage and put their lives on display, some gossip is to be expected.  I think some of the people involved in the show are enjoying some of the fame and are worried it will hurt the Golden franchise.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
On 4/13/2024 at 8:53 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

What kind of stipulation(s) are you thinking of? Something in their contracts that force them to live together or something? 

No, but a stipulation that if they take the trip, and split up within a certain amount of time, like a year, they have to pay for the trip out of pocket. 

Like the diamond ring by Neil Lane. I think it is 5 years the relationship has to last, or the ring goes back. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1