Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I see Gerry comes by his untoward loquaciousness honestly...

Gerry's daddy has a loose tongue, he is doing Gerry no favors. Reminds me of when Connie Chung interviewed Newt Gingrich's mother and she confided that Newt thought Hillary Clinton was a b-tch. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Come to Minnesota.  We all hate Gerry.  Collectively, as a state of 4 million people, we hate him.  He did our girl DIRTY.

I  doubt everyone living in your state hates the man. And why bother hating him? It is a reality show. It was entertainment.

Leslie will get her moment out of this, I bet you that. And if he is so bad, she is better off. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I  doubt everyone living in your state hates the man. And why bother hating him? It is a reality show. Leslie will get her moment out of this, I bet you that. 

Oh I know, it is just a show.  And yes I will be there on January 4th and I hate myself for it, lol.  And yes Leslie will come out with a full dance card, for certain.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh I know, it is just a show.  And yes I will be there on January 4th and I hate myself for it, lol.  And yes Leslie will come out with a full dance card, for certain.

I have said it before, I take reality shows and those who are on them with a grain of salt. And yes, many of us, no matter our opinions, will probably be watching! 

• Like 3
On 12/4/2023 at 1:50 PM, sadie said:

I feel like they could have sold his story as is. Lonely widower that has tried his hand at dating since the death of his Beloved, but after not being able to find his new “one” he looks to Bachelor Nation for help. Gerry wants to find someone “in it for the right reasons”.

Instead they painted him as some shy golly shucks naive man fumbling his way around. And once we caught on to the true loathario he appears to be, we hate him.

At first I agreed with you, that there was no reason to present anything other than the true-ish story, especially when you consider the fallout.

But then I realized we're in a new era.  If we fall in love with the golly shucks naive man fumbling his way around, the show is a success.  But if we hate him when this turns out not be the truth, the show is arguably actually more successful because the goal is no longer ratings, but "engagement" (the social media kind of engagement, not getting down on one knee).  And as we've learned, nothing fuels engagement like outrage.

So with what they did, they were in a no-lose position:  they'd end up with either a conventionally successful show, or even better, a show that causes all the outrage and engagement social media can handle. 

Also, if Gerry is going to keep dying his hair that kind of bronze color, he needs to get different hearing aids.  Oldsters often pick their hearing aids to match their hair color, in an effort to disguise them, and the silver is no longer working for him.  On the other hand, at least they're not that godawful "flesh" color.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

How do you know unless you try?  Well, you don't.  So, I tried.

Having never watched a Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise show, not knowing anyone who did, not caring about how they worked or who won, I was sucked in by the old guy.  Because I'm old too.

I watched, and saw a handsome, older man who seemed friendly and excited and kind of overwhelmed by the attention.  I saw a lot of stunning older women who weren't afraid to show they could still be sexy and fun and would be a catch for anyone.  I also saw women who, while looking better than me, were not really anyone I would think would turn anyone's head.

Imagine my surprise when the one I automatically disliked because of her resemblance to the Kardashian mother, turned out to be the nicest, sweetest, most fun one there.  Also, one woman who had stunning long, grey hair (and I'm not fan of grey hair, long or short) and a natural beauty she was clearly comfortable with, alongside women who couldn't move their face because of the botox and fillers.

It started going downhill when I noticed women at the rose ceremony who had never been on camera before, not being offered a rose.  I would like to think Gerry met up with them, but there was no chemistry.  Surprising to me though that we didn't see any of that.  It continued downhill with the manufactured drama between Kathy and Theresa, someone with bad lipstick and no sense of how to read a room, or shut her mouth when it was clear she was setting people off.  I also didn't like Leslie, who moaned every week about whether or not Gerry looked at her or talked to her or looked at or talked to anyone else.  I was so disappointed when the two women I found least appealing, were chosen to be the two finalists.  

I stopped watching once Garry went back to Leslie's room. It was clear at that point that he had picked Theresa, and I wasn't interested in Leslie's caterwauling or Theresa's smugness.

Well, now I know.  I won't watch the wedding, or read about it online.  I also won't watch a Golden Bachelorette, or any version of this show going forward.

After all that, I can say that I enjoyed every minute of coming to this board and reading everyone's comments.  It was much more enjoyable than watching the show.  So, thanks for that.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Also, one woman who had stunning long, grey hair (and I'm not fan of grey hair, long or short)

As a 62 year old woman with (short-ish) gray hair, I find this comment..... odd? A bit insulting?

So I'm supposed to dye my hair from it's legitimately natural color, because an unnatural color is "expected"? Doesn't this fall into the same category as botox, face lifts, etc.? Like, fine, if someone does this (as long as it doesn't look ridiculous), but now we're supposed to "fake it"?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
3 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Also, one woman who had stunning long, grey hair (and I'm not fan of grey hair, long or short)

edith?

Yes.  We spent a few pages talking about her beautiful hair, but I don't think she got any screen time other than background.

@dleighg I also have grey hair.  I dye mine but you do you.  Why would you care what I think?  We don't even know each other.  My personal feeling is that grey hair ages people.  As do wrinkles and sagging.  Some people like to colour their hair or use cosmetic solutions to minimize wrinkles.  It's not 'expected,' it's a choice.  One everyone is free to make, and everyone is free to have an opinion on.

Edited by bankerchick
  • Like 2

I remember at a high school reunion about 15 years ago, when we all were starting to get grey hair. I pointed out to one of my male friends how .. wasn’t it was funny none of the women had grey hair, while the men 👨🏻‍🦳 were sporting it. It dawned on him then and there that every single woman there had dyed their hair before attending the reunion. LOL! 

I stopped dying my hair YEARS ago. FTS. There are those purple shampoos that can really make  grey hair look beautiful and shimmery with white silver highlights. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

There are those purple shampoos that can really make  grey hair look beautiful and shimmery with white silver highlights. 

Is there now?  So that's how it happens. 

My grey hair is truly "grey" not the beautiful soft white of some of my friends, so I put Nice&Easy blonde #9 on it every couple of months for a  color my husband likes. I was a dark brown brunette back in the day, but with my blues eyes and pale skin I find I look better blonde.

But I love that shiny platinum you're talking about.  I see it on the philanthropist, Darlene Shiley on PBS.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm a biit late to this discussion, but if Gerry decided not to pick Leslie based on her inability to form successful relationships, I think that's a valid reason.

Everything about Leslie gives me the impression that she has a deeply unhealthy view of romance. Despite being married twice, she has this "no one ever picks me!" mindset. I think she's expecting some Prince Charming to complete her.

Way back in the thread, someone commented that people who knew Leslie had remarked that she's always been a mess in her love life and financially/professionally, and that she flits from terrible man to terrible man. That certainly isn't hard for me to believe. I think her whole self worth is caught up in her "sexy dancer" persona, and she expects men to take care of her because of it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

I am always amused by the gray hair debate.   

Do what you want and let others do the same.  

I think on this show, most have colored their hair, extensions or whatever. 

I find the natural gray hair so much more beautiful than a lot of the flat dye jobs.   

That is my opinion.   

I have plenty of opinions on what these women do to themselves, how they dress , etc.   And i feel comfortable saying what i want, here.   

But in real life, i do not critique, shame, or even voice my opinion.   

If you think that letting your hair go gray ages you,  then color your hair.    There is no need to declare that is what you think.   lol   

I can only chuckle, when  I am standing there with my natural gray /white/ salt and pepper hair, and someone has to  say how they would NEVER go gray because it ages you so much .. then they look at me, and say 'oh but not YOU --- your gray hair is pretty.'.   lol   

Live and let live!   

Edited by mishap
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4
23 minutes ago, mishap said:

I am always amused by the gray hair debate.   

Do what you want and let others do the same.  

I think on this show, most have colored their hair, extensions or whatever. 

I find the natural gray hair so much more beautiful than a lot of the flay dye jobs.   

That is my opinion.   

I have plenty of opinions on what these women do to themselves, how they dress , etc.   And i feel comfortable saying what i want, here.   

But in real life, i do not critique, shame, or even voice my opinion.   

If you think that letting your hair go gray ages you,  then color your hair.    There is no need to declare that is what you think.   lol   

I can only chuckle, when  I am standing there with my natural gray /white/ salt and pepper hair, and someone has to  say how they would NEVER go gray because it ages you so much .. then they look at me, and say 'oh but not YOU --- your gray hair is pretty.'.   lol   

Live and let live!   

My best friend, who is in her late 50s, let hers go gray and does a purple rinse. It is really neat looking. 

1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

I'm a biit late to this discussion, but if Gerry decided not to pick Leslie based on her inability to form successful relationships, I think that's a valid reason.

Everything about Leslie gives me the impression that she has a deeply unhealthy view of romance. Despite being married twice, she has this "no one ever picks me!" mindset. I think she's expecting some Prince Charming to complete her.

Way back in the thread, someone commented that people who knew Leslie had remarked that she's always been a mess in her love life and financially/professionally, and that she flits from terrible man to terrible man. That certainly isn't hard for me to believe. I think her whole self worth is caught up in her "sexy dancer" persona, and she expects men to take care of her because of it.

Very good point. If Gerry were serious to have a successful relationship, it might have dawned on him that it wouldn't be with Leslie. We don't know what was said that made him think twice. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I remember at a high school reunion about 15 years ago, when we all were starting to get grey hair. I pointed out to one of my male friends how .. wasn’t it was funny none of the women had grey hair, while the men 👨🏻‍🦳 were sporting it. It dawned on him then and there that every single woman there had dyed their hair before attending the reunion. LOL! 

I stopped dying my hair YEARS ago. FTS. There are those purple shampoos that can really make  grey hair look beautiful and shimmery with white silver highlights. 

I think it looks beautiful. During the pandemic both of my sister's hair came in a beautiful silver, mine was blonde (which I color) some was light brown, and some was gray. It looked awful. So I keep coloring it blonde. My sister's save a lot of money only getting a haircut. My husband has a full head of beautiful white hair...figures doesn't it😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I live in MN and I’m not mad at Gerry.  I only read here and watched the finale, though.

There has been a fair amount of publicity about Leslie here.  She was married to a well-known restaurateur ( Fhima’s) at one time and was featured on the cover of Minneapolis- St. Paul magazine in her fitness apparel during that stage of her life.  So perhaps she’s used to publicity.  I do an 🙄 on the Prince stuff.  

The season seemed to follow a familiar route of “ who would get picked” along with the usual “he/she was wronged” bit at the end.

It sounds like Leslie is making lemonade out of lemons!  More power to her.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Speaking of hair... Theresa's hairdresser commented that she had done Theresa's hair with variegated shades of light brown and in the picture of her with Theresa that color was more flattering to Theresa's face than the solid dark brown she has now.

Katie Couric asked Gerry about his dating that woman shortly after his wife died and living with her and old Ger tried to give a Bill Clinton type defense by saying something about defining what a relationship is. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of hair... Theresa's hairdresser commented that she had done Theresa's hair with variegated shades of light brown and in the picture of her with Theresa that color was more flattering to Theresa's face than the solid dark brown she has now.

Katie Couric asked Gerry about his dating that woman shortly after his wife died and living with her and old Ger tried to give a Bill Clinton type defense by saying something about defining what a relationship is. 🙄

So he didn't deny it? Interesting. 

• Like 1

It seemed like weather, and the dates, which were mostly outdoors and active, we not kind to  a lot of the hair.   So often i did not understand why they did not just tie it back.   

I'm sure  most of them spend a lot of money on their hair and to go on tv to have to have it whipping around in a convertible or riding a roller coaster would have destroyed any attempts at styling.   lol  

I am not bothered by the dirt dug on on Gerry.    I never really liked him.   I guess i assumed he was probably a cad.  lol    

And as for the women on the show, who knows why they do this.     For fun, maybe an opportunity.  Maybe some thought they would find true love. 

Maybe Theresa and Gerry did.   Maybe they didn't.   Maybe they are milking all they can out of the experience and will sort everything out after.  lol  

I never really cared who he picked or have any opinion on who  he should have picked.   

I just hope they all got out of the experience, what they wanted to get out of it.   And I hope they had fun.   

I have enjoyed watching.   I'm sure  I'll watch the wedding, probably rolling my eyes the whole time.   lol   

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

When I was last thinking about dying my hair and trying to find a color that wouldn’t look like roots were growing in when it grew, I was looking for a silver-brown color. I didn’t want to dye it regularly and wanted a color that could wear off, grow out, and still not look bad between the few times a year I did dye it. They didn’t have anything like that available back then. Now that so many young people are dying their hair grey or silver, there are new beautiful dye colors out there in the silver-brown, silver-blonde hues. I am tempted to use one of these new beautiful colors, but nah. Lol

There are blue shampoos, violet and purple that leave a different brightening highlight on the white/silver and light grey hairs and you also have to time it right, just a couple/few minutes before rinsing… or you can leave it on longer for more hint of tint and not just brightening highlights. Just be careful if you don’t want it to look purple, blue or violet, and you don’t use it every time you wash your hair. Maybe every other time at the most.. and those kinds of shampoos do dry out your hair, so conditioning is suggested.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I've been putting blonde highlights in my hair since I was 18, luckily now (many years later) any gray that comes in just blends in with the highlights. 

I read that a possibility may be that they bring back the women from this season with a new bachelor which to me would be great, but there are so many rumors going around who knows.

1 hour ago, mishap said:

I have enjoyed watching.   I'm sure  I'll watch the wedding, probably rolling my eyes the whole time. 

Same.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I've been putting blonde highlights in my hair since I was 18, luckily now (many years later) any gray that comes in just blends in with the highlights. 

I read that a possibility may be that they bring back the women from this season with a new bachelor which to me would be great, but there are so many rumors going around who knows.

Yes, thats how I did my hair back then too, the blonde highlights on the darker blonde hair, which over time gets lighter snd lighter. The greys that were coming in blended well. Then it became too much grey and I was seeing a root line and was not up for continuous dying that was needed so I just let all the dyed hair grow out, sometimes using a temp color rinse for blending if I needed to look extra special.

Yes, I have heard the same thing. That the ladies were so popular that they are wanting to bring them back with a new bachelor man for one to “win”. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Blonde works better as the gray (which is very silvery) comes in. I had a stylist tell me my gray looked like highlights. 

Bring back the women! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Back in the day, when Elizabeth Taylor had tallied only 3 marriages.....

After #3 Mike Todd perished in his "Lucky Liz" plane crash, some people were aghast that not only did Elizabeth take up with the married Eddie Fisher, but did so "so soon" post-widowhood.

Her riposte? "What do you expect me to do? Sleep alone?"

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Back in the day, when Elizabeth Taylor had tallied only 3 marriages.....

After #3 Mike Todd perished in his "Lucky Liz" plane crash, some people were aghast that not only did Elizabeth take up with the married Eddie Fisher, but did so "so soon" post-widowhood.

Her riposte? "What do you expect me to do? Sleep alone?"

Eddie was one of Todd's closest friends. They say that they turned to each other in their grief and Taylor being Taylor had to marry him. Then she met Burton and that was it. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Eddie was one of Todd's closest friends. They say that they turned to each other in their grief and Taylor being Taylor had to marry him. Then she met Burton and that was it. 

Yes. But my larger implication was that Gerry might have felt the same as Elizabeth did, to counter the "too soon after Toni's death" criticisms. 

Of course, it's equally possible that both parties did seek new companionship too soon! [Disclaimer: I have always lived by a "WWETD?" philosophy, heh. 😉]

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, SassyCat said:

It dawned on him then and there that every single woman there had dyed their hair before attending the reunion. LOL! 

I posted upthread during a different gray hair discussion that I'm 66 with brown hair and still have only a tiny sprinkling of gray hair, with more on my sideburns (are they sideburns on a woman?).  I actually wish it would go gray because I'm sure everybody thinks I dye it, and I kind of pride myself on not succumbing to any of the pressures heaped on women. 

Plus as I'm struggling to go uphill on my mountainbike or do something challenging in a pilates class I want people to know how old I am.  I'm a big fan of low expectations.  😀

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I'm 65. I've highlighted my dark brown hair for 25 years (growing up, I was a sandy blonde, but at age 20, it went dark). So I'm back to a somewhat sandy-blonde look now. During Covid, it grew out for 6 months without highlighting and I was surprised I didn't have many grays. I don't want to go to brown because I'm pale with grey-blue eyes and it just doesn't look right - I look like a ghost.

And why oh WHY is it my eyebrows didn't go dark? I have invisibrows because they are so much like my skin color. I lighten the hair, darken the brows.

Edited by deSchenke
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

And why oh WHY is it my eyebrows didn't go dark? I have invisibrows because they are so much like my skin color. I lighten the hair, darken the brows.

Yes! I don’t know why eyebrows turn translucent when you get older, but mine have..  mostly. Thats why I use that “Just For Men” on them and darken them up so it looks like I have some eyebrows. That, and a little mascara on my eyelash, and I’m good to go! 

• Love 1

So are they seriously thinking about bringing back some of the women for a Golden Bachelor, season 2?    Or is it just wishful thinking because we enjoyed some of the ladies so much? 

I could see bring back some who were sent home early, or left early.     But anyone who claimed to have such a connection with Gerry,  I would not want to see again.   

Leslie, Faith, Ellen --  I think those were the most broken hearted ones.   I have nothing against them but I'm not sure I want to see them  declare their love for another guy in this way.  I know they will all get over him, or just wake up and realize how foolish to think they were in love after barely knowing someone.   

Well I guess that could make it more interesting, if they were more  guarded.   

I started off thinking this would be a bad idea, and it might very well be, but now i wonder if that won't be their angle, if they try this.   Try to find the man who can heal one of the trail of broken hearts Gerry left behind....

lol.    Can you imagine how shocked  we will be at the 'first time ever on the bachelor' moments and the things that will change bachelor nation forever!   

Have they done this before?     I know they  usually pick the next bachelor / ette from the pool of rejects,  err, i mean the ones who were not chosen.   

But have they ever put them back in the pool of bachelorettes, to compete for one man?   

Do you think the women would do it?   I guess the better questions would be, do you think any of them would turn down an opportunity  like this?  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’d rather see a show where the women go on a luxury girls’ trip and watch their exploits. They were all much more interesting than Gerry and his Aw Shucks personality. Plus they deserve it after having to sleep in bunk beds. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
On 12/7/2023 at 10:27 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh I know, it is just a show.  And yes I will be there on January 4th and I hate myself for it, lol.  And yes Leslie will come out with a full dance card, for certain

I hated almost everything about the show. Of course I'll be there on Jan 04 glued to the tube too. 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I wish they would do more of a Bachelor in Paradise type show for the Golden women.  No, not that sweaty beach, lol, but take them to a nice resort, and bring enough men to see who develops connections with whom.

Then, we could see multiple connections, not just one loser liar dude being cried about by all.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, marny said:

I’d rather see a show where the women go on a luxury girls’ trip and watch their exploits. They were all much more interesting than Gerry and his Aw Shucks personality. Plus they deserve it after having to sleep in bunk beds. 

How about both those shows?  I’m for anything of this type.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I wish they would do more of a Bachelor in Paradise type show for the Golden women.  No, not that sweaty beach, lol, but take them to a nice resort, and bring enough men to see who develops connections with whom.

Then, we could see multiple connections, not just one loser liar dude being cried about by all.

It would probably be boring...especially with lights outs at 9pm. Or maybe 10pm on the weekend 😁

• LOL 7
On 12/7/2023 at 5:42 PM, dleighg said:

As a 62 year old woman with (short-ish) gray hair, I find this comment..... odd? A bit insulting?

So I'm supposed to dye my hair from it's legitimately natural color, because an unnatural color is "expected"? Doesn't this fall into the same category as botox, face lifts, etc.? Like, fine, if someone does this (as long as it doesn't look ridiculous), but now we're supposed to "fake it"?

Bankerchick didn't say you should dye your hair. She just said she's not a fan of gray hair. She's entitled to her opinion. 

I thought Emily was beautiful. If my hair looked like that, I'd wear it that way. But mine comes in ashtray gray mixed with mousy brown. I don't like the color so I highlight it.  SassyCat , thanks for the tip. My eyebrows are so blonde they look invisible! 

I liked Susan the best. I'd like to see her come back as the Golden Bachelorette if they go that route. I'm not sure they'll pick her though or that she would be popular enough with the men. I know Joan is popular here and pretty from a distance, but I'd rather not watch her frozen face a whole season. 

I have no interest in watching Gerry and Theresa's wedding. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

But mine comes in ashtray gray mixed with mousy brown.

That’s the description I didn’t know I was looking for. But I’d be fine with whatever color my hair ends up, I’m just annoyed that my face and neck are turning into not my mother’s, but my grandmothers’. But only in photos!  I still look perfectly fine in my mirror. Back on topic, I suppose I will keep watching. 

• Like 2
On 12/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Come to Minnesota.  We all hate Gerry.  Collectively, as a state of 4 million people, we hate him.  He did our girl DIRTY.

Same thing happened with Becca.  Another Minnesota girl done wrong,

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Re gray hair: I loved my Salt and Pepper and got compliments. But now I have less of it, alas and alack. So these days I neither cut nor color, but camouflage with a faux fall from Toni Bratton!  

I'll be watching the 2024 merger...I mean, marriage of G&T, those crazy kidz, as they begin the New Year with a ban...k account discussion! 😉

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2023 at 10:29 AM, libgirl2 said:

I have said it before, I take reality shows and those who are on them with a grain of salt. And yes, many of us, no matter our opinions, will probably be watching! 

No matter what, I loved this damn show.  Altho, after reading every article, I think he was in for the money, and all thst went with it.  He’s a real Ham on tv.  Teresa just adores him and has mucho dinero.  The will buy a beautiful home, travel, eat out and have a great time.  Why not?  They are in their seventies.  I would never have the guts to do something like that.  At this point, my husband likes to stay home and watch football.  That’s it.  I’m envious.  Lol. 🏈🌹

• Like 2

the comments about what I did later in life, I did those after I retired. I retired at 55, and I was very happy giving back to the community and doing things that were worth something to other people. I mean, jeez, I didn’t work as a handyman for the money.” He actually “did it because I knew I was doing something good for people who needed help.”

That would make sense if he was a volunteer, but he was in a paid position of a handyman. What a bullshitter.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/golden-bachelor-gerry-turner-reacts-143519461.html

• Like 3
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

At this point, my husband likes to stay home and watch football.  That’s it.  I’m envious.  Lol.

Your husband will be around when things get tough, will Gerry? He seems like a good time guy, I hope for Theresa's sake that he will be there in the long run if she had an illness and couldn't run around with him and gaze adoringly at him.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Your husband will be around when things get tough, will Gerry? He seems like a good time guy, I hope for Theresa's sake that he will be there in the long run if she had an illness and couldn't run around with him and gaze adoringly at him.

I think she was smart to want to live near her son, since Gerry wasn’t interested in New Jersey where her daughter lives.  

• Like 3

If, as many suggest, Gerry is indeed primarily out for "companionship" and "being taken care of," why speculate on an imaginary illness for Theresa and then wonder if he'd leave her? We can just as readily wonder if she would leave him were that scenario reversed. But why go down that rabbit hole?

As for Gerry's saying he wasn't a handyman "for the money": Doesn't the vernacular mean "I'm not doing it to get rich," rather than the literal "I'm working for free"? Like, "I wasn't a teacher for the money" kind of statement. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 10
  • Love 1