Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Did Leslie’s father commit suicide?  When she was telling Gerry about her brother picking her up at school that day, it sounded to me like that’s what she was about to say before she suddenly veered off in another direction.  Had she mentioned anything like that before?

I sensed it was suicide as well.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

I'm really embarrassed for all four of them (Gerry included) with these "I love yous" and "I'm in love with you" to someone they hardly know. At their ages that is just foolish. Do they just get caught up in circumstances, is it the producers egging them on, or what? This isn't real life and they seem like they have just completely taken leave of their senses. I expect this of the young and dumb on the regular Bachelor, but these are grown-ass adults. I was literally cringing.

I wasn't expecting a WTA this season. I hope most of the women have realized since taping that they deserve better (Kathy excluded, of course).

I think people expected a little bit more of a genteel approach. I have never watched any of the other seasons, just this and it doesn't seem quite that bad. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Sounds like Theresa has interests besides the grandchildren:

Theresa loves singing alone in her car, '70s rock music and her grandchildren...

...Theresa is a financial services professional who describes herself as "optimistic, encouraging and ready to love again after loss," the show says.

She's close with her children and grandchildren, and enjoys playing board games, gardening, reading romance novels and hula hooping. She's also a self-taught stock market aficionado.

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2023/09/26/golden-bachelor-theresa-vies-for-gerry-turner-on-golden-bachelor/70969091007/

I just think ... after only knowing this guy for one month, she said to him (on the ferris wheel), I don't think I can live without you.  I cringe.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I just think ... after only knowing this guy for one month, she said to him (on the ferris wheel), I don't think I can live without you.  I cringe.

Was it as long as a month? I think they spent two weeks at the house, tops. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

The whole filming schedule was 28 days.   On the Ferris wheel….that was beforehonetown and fantasy suits.   18-20 days tops.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

If anyone is old enough to know this Reality Show's deal, it's this motley crew. 

Code words, and not exactly Navajo.

"I can't live without you" = "The show told me to say something excessive."

"I think I'm falling in love with you" = "You're getting a rose. Don't read too much into it."

"I love three women" = "And a couple of their sisters aren't bad."

"I might just marry your Grandma" = "Keep grilling me, kid, and you're out of the will."

Heartbreak? Nah. Devastation? Over Gerry (Indiana!)? Nope. Will rejection sting? Of course; I'm delighted when my credit card purchase says "Approved." 

But a little time back in the OG Reality Show (aka, real life), another shake of the hair, and these women will be just fine and dandy. 

And you know what they'll say? "Indiana?!"

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 15
On 10/27/2023 at 1:26 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

There's no denying Gerry has aged well. 

As for monikers, whattayagonna do? Some just are shorthand connotations! 

Karen. Barbie. Jezebel. Ken. A John might not want to be a "John" or a john! Oh Mary, don't ask!

I haven't read any Spoilers. But I'd be very surprised, if only for the sake of this network experiment in demographics, if Gerry exited alone. Can't have the Golden Bachelor be Iron Pyrite!

Three brunettes for the Hometown Visits. Who'da thunk?! 😉

If I had to guess, I'd say F1 is Faith.

I thought the same .. nobody.  But, I still say Teresa.  She put her arm on his shoulder while driving.  He liked that.  🌹

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, Gigi G3 said:

Those were beautiful houses/properties! Was that Leslie’s apartment?  I liked Teresa’s and Faith’s houses, yards, etc.—so lush and green. The city vibe in Minneapolis was cool too. Nice families.

Leslie has a condo in Minneapolis, but it probably wasn't big enough.  They filmed at an exclusive coworking/event space in downtown Minneapolis that her son is a member of. 

The Star Tribune (Minneapolis newspaper) did a brief article about her recently.  She and Prince dated when they were teenagers before he was Prince*.  Her brother was his valet for a decade.  Maybe the one we saw?

It didn't specify how her dad died, but she lost her mom when she was 26. 

*I think the craziest thing to think about is that Prince would have been Golden Bachelor age now had he not passed away in 2016.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7
15 hours ago, cinsays said:

and, most importantly, she's got the bachelor jump down to a science.

In the past it was called The Bachelorette Handshake.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

But I'd be very surprised, if only for the sake of this network experiment in demographics, if Gerry exited alone. Can't have the Golden Bachelor be Iron Pyrite!

I saw him on The View a few weeks ago and he acknowledged that he did "find love."  Of course, we saw him "find love" with all three finalists, so that acknowledgement might mean nuthin'.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

My thoughts on another board:

I’ve thought for a couple of episodes that he’s keeping Theresa because he doesn’t have strong feelings and wouldn’t feel as bad dropping her at the end as he would with other women. Much of this show is about his emotions! He might be the fragile one.

It seemed to me that he had a different comfort level and ease with Leslie - how they looked at each other, body language, etc. Not looking so staged. Plus, first time I think he used the word “wife” (vs “married”, which he has said often) was with her. And their love declarations were not in front of her family but while alone. So said to each other instead of for show?

• Like 6

Everybody's buzzing about this great Golden Bachelor season!  It's something different seeing 70 year olds go out to find love instead of doctor's visits, hip replacements and recliners with a big bowl of popcorn!

We've seen how the younger ones do it over and over again.  This is different and that we find interesting.

I predict we'll be seeing a Golden Bachelorette season!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 10/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, bichonblitz said:

It's the wide streched out mouth that gives the muppet look. Appears to me that her surgeon stretched her lower face too tight. 

I read in a comment on Vulture that Theresa looks like Dobby and now I can't unsee it.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I'm really embarrassed for all four of them (Gerry included) with these "I love yous" and "I'm in love with you" to someone they hardly know. At their ages that is just foolish. Do they just get caught up in circumstances, is it the producers egging them on, or what? This isn't real life and they seem like they have just completely taken leave of their senses. I expect this of the young and dumb on the regular Bachelor, but these are grown-ass adults. I was literally cringing.

I wasn't expecting a WTA this season. I hope most of the women have realized since taping that they deserve better (Kathy excluded, of course).

I'm a little surprised by the "I love yous" too. But I was listening to the Dear Shandy podcast recap, and Sharleen (former contestant) was talking about how the whole experience affects the contestants - partly because they're confined in one location and the one constant topic is the Bachelor - it's drummed into them why they're there, to fall in love; and they get so desperate for dates because it's the only time they get to leave the house, so they're more than ready to fling themselves into it when they get the chance. Plus, the producers are always in their ear, and probably hinting that if they want to get a home town date, they'd better tell the Bachelor how they feel. It's a lot of pressure. And maybe at their age, they're like, the hell with it, what do I have to lose? 

My opinions of the final three: I think Theresa is the best match for Gerry. Not sure why he won't pick her, but possibly the distance, and maybe she's just too intense, but I still think they could work. I think he ends up choosing Leslie. He seems the most attracted to her, she lives the closest, and their energy matches pretty well. I think the age difference with Faith, and her lifestyle are the reasons he won't pick her. I believe Faith goes home, and Leslie and Theresa are the final two.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So they spent about 3 weeks at the house, and all these women are declaring their love for him. 

I guess older doesn't always mean wiser. 

He is declaring he loves all three of them too!

• LOL 5

I feel a little cheated, maybe it was editing but I dont see the relationship with leslie--she always looks worn out and grumpy.

I just dont care for Faith, no explanation.

I think theresa is a bit nutty lol but she would be a very doting wife to Gerry and I think he would love that, he likes being "needed"

oh wont kathy be mad if theresa wins lol.

Im hoping they house the women separately for fanasy suites.

where do all of them and gerry live???

• Like 6

I said this when the season first started, about the fact that someone would have to move, either to Indiana, or from Indiana.

In the regular seasons, people in their 20's will move anywhere for a job, for love, or just for fun.

But at this stage in life, with family and friends and societal (and horse lol) connections, moving is a whole other story.

I have a friend, almost 70, doing the long-distance thing with her "love of her life".  I get tired just listening to her stories of airports, delayed planes, and lugging her life along in a bag like a 20-something.  

Gerry wants someone to play Pickleball with, not someone to go horseriding for.  He wants someone to come to him, to do for him, to make him feel good.  So for that reason, as hard as it is to look at Teresa's pulled, overly shiny face, she's his choice.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 9

There's a song...Fairy tales can come true it can happen to you if you're young at heart!

Maybe..they are all just 'young at heart'!

So with that said I'm still pondering Jerry no Gary no Gerry's  name spelling!

The J would make it Jerry, the G would make it Gary but the Gerry makes it all kinds of crazy!

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, sadie said:

And from the shallow end of the pool………Can someone please get Leslie a bottle of hair conditioner. It’s all I can focus on every time she’s on screen.

It’s like straw! It’s all I can see as well. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, sadie said:

And from the shallow end of the pool………Can someone please get Leslie a bottle of hair conditioner. It’s all I can focus on every time she’s on screen.

It actually looked smooth/combed at the rose ceremony. I was thinking whatever you did to your hair for this, do it all the time.

Gerry walks funny. I don't have siblings or kids so my hometown visit would be 2 minutes. If allowed, I would dump Gerry and run off with Jesse. Does he get to do more on the regular shows?

• Wink 4

Gerry, what happened?! He so confidently said at the beginning that he’s only told one person that he loves her, and he’ll only say that to the second wife he’ll spend the rest of his life with. And then he ends up telling two woman that he loves them?! Not that long ago (Ben Higgins’ season comes to mind) it was scandalous on this franchise if the lead expressed being in love before the finale—and devastating if he expressed love to more than one person. But now it’s become commonplace for the lead to be in love with more than one person. Sorry, Theresa. While I do think she would actually be the best match for him, as a wife who would dote on him and play pickleball and whatever else Gerry wants, Theresa is obviously out. I was surprised that he was more effusive with the I love yous with Leslie, but he said and was kissing Faith in front of her family, so that kind of evens out. Though he basically asked Leslie’s brother for her hand in marriage, so it does seem like it’s Leslie. I think splitting time between Indiana and Minnesota would probably be the easiest, so that could work out better than Faith all the way in Washington with her horse. But personally I’m not sure what he sees in Leslie. She seems like she’s not exactly emotionally stable when it comes to relationships—and just very different from Gerry. With their big age gap, they do seem to be at very different life stages, but maybe it is the “slightly wild” personality trait in Leslie that appeals to him to bring him out of his shell and make him feel “young again.” Faith basically has a similar personality to Leslie, but seems more stable and “put together” than Leslie. Theresa lamented being 70 compared to 60-year-olds. And it does seem that Gerry is drawn to the younger women, even though he seems kind of “elderly” compared to them. Not even looks, really, but just the way he acts/talks/presents himself. He’s the same age as my parents, but he seems older than them. I just don’t think he’s going to be able to keep up with Leslie or Faith in the long run. Theresa would be a better match for him, IMO. But, as he was convinced by Trista, he’s going to not choose the woman he can live with (Theresa), but the one he can’t live without (Faith or Leslie). Producers are really drilling that into him, which might be to his detriment in terms of someone who will stick by his side for the rest of his life. Theresa isn’t going anywhere. Leslie and Faith, on the other hand, both seem to have trouble “settling down” with anyone.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 10

Maybe before the show Gerry was thinking all about romantic dinners, Pickleball, and flattery. And the women by and large seemed amenable to all the above.

Leslie, though, has broken through the "companion" need of Gerry With The Late Wife to his realization that he can also experience a sexual relationship with a new mature woman. 

That is to say, I can believe he feels love for Theresa and Faith, in the sense of caring for them and their emotions.

But IMO Gerry feels love and desire only for Leslie.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

It actually looked smooth/combed at the rose ceremony. I was thinking whatever you did to your hair for this, do it all the time.

Gerry walks funny. I don't have siblings or kids so my hometown visit would be 2 minutes. If allowed, I would dump Gerry and run off with Jesse. Does he get to do more on the regular shows?

Nope not much.  Just pops in and out.  He is also on a cooking show. Forget the name right now.

• Like 3

I think a lot of what you see in Gerry is Indiana.  It's pretty cold and a conservative state.  I also think he's from way up north in Indiana perhaps close to the Amish.

Faith is up in WA and Theresa in New Jersey.  Leslie Minnesota.

Theresa is maybe the one willing to relocate!

• Like 4
On 10/28/2023 at 5:32 AM, kristen111 said:

OMG .. the last dress was horrible.  Too sexy for her age and the bones sticking out all over is not a good look.  You forgot her lipstick, which is too dark and not applied properly.   She’s smothering him too much too.

PXL_20231104_125444844.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I think that Leslie is really pretty- I like her hair a lot and she has great eyes, she's very fit and she hasn't had obvious fillers and lip injections or Botox like Faith and Teresa.  Leslie and Faith haven't had much luck in relationships and Teresa was married to her high school sweetheart for decades until he passed.  It's a lot more compelling to hear these women's stories of loss and heartbreak than to see some baby faced 23-year-old girl on The Bachelor crying about infidelity and hope for "finding her person." 

Questions: If he picks Faith, can Gerry handle Faith's pet horse? It's not like he can put it into a Subaru with some moving boxes and drive up to Indiana. Will Leslie do a flirty dance routine for Gerry if she makes it to fantasy suites? How many duckface selfies does Teresa take in front of her grandchildren 😄? Who will leave next week? I think its Teresa- just a guess and I don't know why.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I said this when the season first started, about the fact that someone would have to move, either to Indiana, or from Indiana.

In the regular seasons, people in their 20's will move anywhere for a job, for love, or just for fun.

But at this stage in life, with family and friends and societal (and horse lol) connections, moving is a whole other story.

I have a friend, almost 70, doing the long-distance thing with her "love of her life".  I get tired just listening to her stories of airports, delayed planes, and lugging her life along in a bag like a 20-something.  

Gerry wants someone to play Pickleball with, not someone to go horseriding for.  He wants someone to come to him, to do for him, to make him feel good.  So for that reason, as hard as it is to look at Teresa's pulled, overly shiny face, she's his choice.

It's funny how they never show real discussions about who will move, or religious or political beliefs etc etc.  We really don't get a broad spectrum of who they are.  

I think Theresa's daughter said sees her every day but I also got the impression that could change if she is the chosen one.  Def harder in some ways to move but if they are retired they could maintain homes in both places.  I've know a lot people that have moved later in life either for climate or to be closer to their kids.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Nope not much.  Just pops in and out.  He is also on a cooking show. Forget the name right now.

He does the Holiday, Spring and Summer Baking Challenge shows.   The Holiday one is about to start on Monday on the food network.    He does a lot more there and is very charming and down to earth.  

…and dresses up and makes dad jokes.   He is great.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think that Leslie is really pretty- I like her hair a lot and she has great eyes, she's very fit and she hasn't had obvious fillers and lip injections or Botox like Faith and Teresa.  Leslie and Faith haven't had much luck in relationships and Teresa was married to her high school sweetheart for decades until he passed.  It's a lot more compelling to hear these women's stories of loss and heartbreak than to see some baby faced 23-year-old girl on The Bachelor crying about infidelity and hope for "finding her person." 

Questions: If he picks Faith, can Gerry handle Faith's pet horse? It's not like he can put it into a Subaru with some moving boxes and drive up to Indiana. Will Leslie do a flirty dance routine for Gerry if she makes it to fantasy suites? How many duckface selfies does Teresa take in front of her grandchildren 😄? Who will leave next week? I think its Teresa- just a guess and I don't know why.  

Leslie already has a ticket to a Fantasy Suite, having received the first rose of the F2.  🌹= 🎟 😉

And I'd wager that Faith has a horse trailer. 🐎

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, endure said:

It's funny how they never show real discussions about who will move, or religious or political beliefs etc etc.  We really don't get a broad spectrum of who they are. 

I was going to say religion hasn't been brought up. Leslie is obviously Jewish and Gerry obviously isn't. Since there's no question of having kids, it may not be as important. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
On 11/2/2023 at 5:57 PM, SassyCat said:

I think he likes Faith the most, but the unwillingness to leave her wonderful country farm life might be the clincher if he is not willing to move there. I would move there in a heartbeat!

Faith did say she would leave there for HIM.  They seem to have a real closeness.  Geez, I just don't know between Faith and Theresa, so it's probably Leslie!  I still like Faith the best but would be OK with Theresa.  All the grandkids were pretty cute 🤗

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, endure said:

Faith did say she would leave there for HIM.  They seem to have a real closeness.  Geez, I just don't know between Faith and Theresa, so it's probably Leslie!  I still like Faith the best but would be OK with Theresa.  All the grandkids were pretty cute 🤗

Faith said she didn't  want to leave her horse,  did I dream it, or did she say one was buried  there.[ I checked,  she does  have s horse  buried  there.]

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I was going to say religion hasn't been brought up. Leslie is obviously Jewish and Gerry obviously isn't. Since there's no question of having kids, it may not be as important. 

and we definitely do not need to hear anything about their political leanings, though they should discuss it privately, 'cuz that could be a deal breaker

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 11/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Does Theresa wear a wig?

It sure looks like.  I think the final three all have either wigs or extensions on.  Guess Gerry will get scared when one of them takes it off at night.  The hair and all the makeup comes off.  Yikes!  Then again, Production fixed up his hair also.  Different colors lol and some more fake hair looks like.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 11/4/2023 at 12:03 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Everybody's buzzing about this great Golden Bachelor season!  It's something different seeing 70 year olds go out to find love instead of doctor's visits, hip replacements and recliners with a big bowl of popcorn!

We've seen how the younger ones do it over and over again.  This is different and that we find interesting.

I predict we'll be seeing a Golden Bachelorette 

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The two years after meeting my husband before marriage was the best time of my life. The fights,the making up, etc. etc.  The parking and sparking.  Lol.  I’d love to do it all over again.

Um, I don't understand. I may not have had your point of view, but I did not live it either. 

I had a bad marriage, but with 2 children, in the 80's to early 2000's. I met my now husband in 2007, we married in 2010, and are happily married since. The times we have "fought" could be counted on one or two fingers.

Should I be widowed by my now husband, I don't know if I would be on a show like this. I don't know what I would do, frankly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Anyone here wish they could do courtship over again?  I’m married a very long time.  The two years after meeting my husband before marriage was the best time of my life.  The fights,the making up, etc. etc.  The parking and sparking.  Lol.  I’d love to do it all over again.  I’m sure these women feel alive again, Gerry too.  Can’t wait for the next show.  Hopefully.

All over again? I'm on the hunt, now! 😂 It's hard to find a decent man out there. 

Gerry saying ILY in front of Faith's family is huge. And if he doesn't pick her, it will come off so so bad. I'm sure he was swept up in the moment, but he didn't have to say it right then and there. If it's not Faith, then his F1 has got to be Leslie and he's just taking Theresa for a ride because making the F1 choice will be easier. Like, he doesn't want to have another breakdown next week if right now he's feeling so high on Leslie. 

Having said that… have you all seen the preview for the season that aired after the first episode? I'm posting it below. At the 1:38 mark, it's Gerry and a woman in a white dress literally walking off into the sunset. To me, it appears to be at the F1 proposal sight. This is just a guess, but the silhouette of the woman - the build of her body, the shoulders, her height - looks the most like Faith to me. I guess we'll see, but when I went back and watched it looking for clues, this stood out to me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

All over again? I'm on the hunt, now! 😂 It's hard to find a decent man out there. 

Gerry saying ILY in front of Faith's family is huge. And if he doesn't pick her, it will come off so so bad. I'm sure he was swept up in the moment, but he didn't have to say it right then and there. If it's not Faith, then his F1 has got to be Leslie and he's just taking Theresa for a ride because making the F1 choice will be easier. Like, he doesn't want to have another breakdown next week if right now he's feeling so high on Leslie. 

Having said that… have you all seen the preview for the season that aired after the first episode? I'm posting it below. At the 1:38 mark, it's Gerry and a woman in a white dress literally walking off into the sunset. To me, it appears to be at the F1 proposal sight. This is just a guess, but the silhouette of the woman - the build of her body, the shoulders, her height - looks the most like Faith to me. I guess we'll see, but when I went back and watched it looking for clues, this stood out to me. 

Thank you I looked for this video today because I recalled that walking away together scene and also thought it would be at the final ceremony.  I agree about the love declaration, those two seem to share a real personal bond…. And she did say she would move to be with him.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I hope so.  I think his show is great.  Some women I know won’t watch as they think it’s stupid.  They like living alone and don’t want a man.  Apparently, they had lousy marriages.  I hope we get a Bachelorette show very soon.  I love it.  Dying to see how the men operate.  Plus, it should be two hours.

I  disagree with your "Apparently" conclusion. Just because an older widow doesn't feel like marrying again doesn't  mean her marriage was "lousy." It could be exactly the opposite. 

Even Golden Gerry wasn't so sure that he wanted to try to catch marital lightning in a bottle twice. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

That scene already happened - I believe it was the episode of the photo shoot and that is when he went to comfort Nancy, and after their talk, they walked off together. I thought it was the clue to the F1 too, until I saw it happen in the episode.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

So...perhaps an 'I love you' from a 70 year old on a reality show is a lot different than an 'I love you' from a 20 something year old.

One Is full of passion and desire the other longing for care and companionship.

Perhaps Gerry does feel comfort and home in several of them.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I've never been married and while I would like to find "my guy" watching this show makes me realize I'm not that desperate.  I liked Susan because she seemed like when she realized she didn't have a chance, she started having fun.  But watching some of the women, they come across as so desperate and it reminds me of the 20-something Bachelorettes (and I haven't watched that show in years).  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

The show is famous for taking away cell phones, internet access, and basically any access to the outside world (except for emergencies), and having access to tons of alcohol.  The contestants don't want to eat too much, as they don't want too appear bloated on camera, so they drink alcohol + eat very little, plus all they have to focus on is the Bachelor and each other.  Cue:  Drama.

If you want a fun show that depicts a behind-the-screen look, find the show "Unreal", a series about the production of the "Bachelor" type shows.

Re:  The woman in the white dress that Gerry "walks off into the sunset with":  The show is notorious for playing production games.  Showing him saying one thing to a contestant, then showing her cry, but it turns out, he said that thing to a different contestant, and the editors pieced it together.   

I do love that we are getting a WTA this week, as this group of ladies seems really awesome, and I bet that now that they are back to reality, with their own friends and families, that we will see the truer picture of who they really are.  I also would bet that they have lots of group texts going and have become friends IRL.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1