Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: All Wrong/S02.E07 The Turnover Day

• Start Topic

Chef Tzarina struggles to rebound after a dinner gone wrong; a stew tries to convince Aesha to switch shifts, and the crew pulls off a touching memorial celebration for the guests.

The crew reels and bands together in the wake of a serious event, Capt. Jason handles not one but two difficult matters between crew members; when a person on the deck team is forced to leave the boat, the hierarchy on the exterior gets a shakeup.

Airdate: 08.07.2023

Like a crew who’s gone dotty after the usual drinking and a power cut, these comments are in the order of episode scenes broadcast.

Soo… all of a sudden the producers are telling people to get to their own bunks?  Season after season of drunken antics that are obviously encouraged and now the chickens are coming home to roost?  A day late and a dollar short, no?  Not seeking to excuse Luke nor anyone else’s behavior, but what else do people think are going to happen when all this drunken revelry is encouraged and exploited?  A bit hypocritical, methinks.  Perhaps those of us who have constantly observed and complained about the tomcat behaviour of the  crew have had a point?

Luke did a wrong thing, there’s no doubt about it.  But it’s not surprising, given the antics we’ve seen the crew get up to in this season and seasons past.  I wonder if Bravo will learn a lesson from this – I doubt it.

This episode has me seriously thinking if I should continue watching this franchise.

Jason: “Culver should be able to get the boat ready until the Head of Department comes.” – so… this was planned?  Was Luke going to go anywise and this whole thing was made up drama?

“Entertainment Officer” Culver isn’t exactly inspiring confidence in the deck crew as the appointed Bosun.  Downer, dawg!

And it’s a twofer!  Laura’s gone now as well.  I doubt too many tears will be shed at her departure.  But she did strike me as the female equivalent of Gary from BDSY this season.

What will happen next week?  Will Luke and Laura hook up dockside?  Will the crew survive the labour shortage?  Will I even watch?  Stay tuned, if you can stay interested.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, Tanukisan said:

Soo… all of a sudden the producers are telling people to get to their own bunks?  Season after season of drunken antics that are obviously encouraged and now the chickens are coming home to roost?  A day late and a dollar short, no?  Not seeking to excuse Luke nor anyone else’s behavior, but what else do people think are going to happen when all this drunken revelry is encouraged and exploited?  A bit hypocritical, methinks.  Perhaps those of us who have constantly observed and complained about the tomcat behaviour of the  crew have had a point?

Luke did a wrong thing, there’s no doubt about it.  But it’s not surprising, given the antics we’ve seen the crew get up to in this season and seasons past.  I wonder if Bravo will learn a lesson from this – I doubt it.

I remember reading somewhere  last year that a different production company did the Down Under franchise. If that's still the case, maybe they just won't put up with/encourage the same crap that the other company does. I don't think we'd ever seen the producers stop something on camera before. (Even though, for example, we learned later that production had to step in to break up a fight between Lexi Wilson and someone else.)

Maybe the tide is turning a bit. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 6

Finally. How many times have lines been crossed and now finally it is addressed in the proper way.  

Laura is not wired right at all. Seriously, she needs help.

Aesha is a good egg.

Culver floundered as bosun, he had no idea what to tell his crew to do but I think with a list he would have crushed it.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, rur said:

I don't think we'd ever seen the producers stop something on camera before.

Neither has the crew ever discussed or even mentioned the producers in the final edit. That judicious use of 4th wall-breaking works well with A Very Special Episode.

• Like 4

It's a wonder something like that hasn't happened before. This is what you get when you cast the kind of people who are openly aggressive about pursuing the opposite sex, getting them drunk every night out and encouraging them to hook up. Not that is wasn't Luke's fault, or Laura's. There's definitely something wrong with them. But this show isn't cast or produced in a vacuum.

I think it's telling that the producers didn't tell Jason that Laura basically did the same thing to Adam that Luke did to Margot. Thank God she was fired too. This shouldn't have all been on Aesha. 

If I were Margot's mom I would have told her to get the hell off that boat, immediately.

The weird thing is that Adam is the most sensible one out of the whole bunch, at least in regards to hooking up with crew mates. But it just looks so out of place on a show where we're expecting everyone to hook up. And clearly that's what the show wants too.

It's going to be an interesting reunion show, assuming they have one.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Good on Aesha for picking up on Lukes vibes and protecting Margot and to the producers for pulling his sick ass off the bed and the captain for kicking him off the boat. Something about him always gave me the creeps.Things could’ve gone really bad there.

Laura has some serious mental issues which have been evident from the beginning. Sexual-harassment goes both ways and I’m glad the producers also pulled her off of Adam. I’m glad they intervened. Apparently they changed the policy after the below deck season where Ashton assaulted Kate. Finally.And now she feels sorry for Luke? WTF!. Girl is whack.

Edited by Lady of nod
Added
  • Like 21
  • Love 1

I can only hope that Luke gets the help he needs, or, at the very least, stops drinking.  He seriously has some work to do on himself.  To say that he's disappointed in himself is just the tip of the iceberg of troubles he has.  I hope he watched this tonight and is as disgusted by his behavior as everyone else.

This was a very hard night of "reality" TV - almost too real, imo.  Glad the producers were there.  And, HUGE kudos to Aesha - she is the chief stew everyone else wants to be.  

It's interesting the way the camera guys/show runners (is that what they're called?) got Luke out of Margot's cabin.  The words they used were very telling.  Telling Luke that Margot kept saying "No" and that she was black-out drunk was pretty clear to everyone but Luke.  Obviously, they are told that if there is a somewhat consensual agreement, they keep filming.  

Laura, on the other hand, is a complete bitch.  I'm surprised that Margot didn't haul off and slap her in the face when she was pouting about not being able to say goodbye to Luke and saying that SHE would have welcomed him.  And, then, to tell Captain Jason that he was making a mistake by firing her?  GTFOH and take your superior attitude and golden crown with you!!!  

Adam is the smartest guy on the ship by friend-zoning everyone.  I have a lot of respect for him.  Not too many people would turn down what Laura was offering.

I have HUGE respect for Aesha, Captain Jason and Tzarina for being so thoughtful and sensitive to Margot.

And, I do have some additional respect for the producers of BD Down Under for not letting things go too far.  However, I do feel like they encourage excessive drinking, so I'm not crazy about that.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 15
  • Applause 4

Like a chef who doesn’t pay attention to the preference sheets, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

After another misstep, Tzarina seems to have gotten back on track.  But her presentation!  It all looks so much like “mush-on-a-plate”!

Docking at night in bad weather – difficult but mission accomplished.  I know what it’s like to be at sea and suddenly take seasick – even if it never hit you before.  Not fun.

Once again, Tzarina pulls off a good dinner that the guests like, but also again – that presentation!

The arm wrestle challenge was a bit of a surprise but kind of fun – did Jason really let the primary win?

And here we go with another drunken night out.  What could possible go wrong.  Oh, wait…I think we know…

• Like 10
14 minutes ago, Tanukisan said:

Like a chef who doesn’t pay attention to the preference sheets, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

After another misstep, Tzarina seems to have gotten back on track.  But her presentation!  It all looks so much like “mush-on-a-plate”!

Docking at night in bad weather – difficult but mission accomplished.  I know what it’s like to be at sea and suddenly take seasick – even if it never hit you before.  Not fun.

Once again, Tzarina pulls off a good dinner that the guests like, but also again – that presentation!

The arm wrestle challenge was a bit of a surprise but kind of fun – did Jason really let the primary win?

And here we go with another drunken night out.  What could possible go wrong.  Oh, wait…I think we know…

So far, I'm not overly impressed with Tzarina's "cheffy" skills.  Granted, I just finished watching BDSY with Iliesha, who was probably one of the top five chefs from all iterations of BD, but still, she is lacking, especially as you say, in presentation.  

I get that Cuban-influenced cooking may not be known world-wide, but arroz con pollo is a fairly simple dish, with very humble beginnings.  I guess she didn't have the proper provisions because the dish wasn't requested on the preference sheets, so that could have put her in a time-crunch.  I don't know if it wasn't shown, but was there no other courses?  Just the arroz con pollo and then the cake?  No salad?  No starters of any kind?  

Her breakfasts seem not so great, either.  

She seems competent, but what I've seen so far is definitely not what I would consider 5-star food experiences for a luxury yacht.  (Although, to be honest, I don't think that boat is very luxurious, either....)

• Like 5

First season they didn’t let Jason fire anyone.  They made him endure a lot of BS from Benny.

Now they let him have the quick hook, made him look decisive and look like a good leader.

They were filming and if they didn’t intervene they’d have been liable.  Presumably Australia has similar laws about someone being drunk not being able to give consent so it would have been rape if they left Luke alone.

Was Margot having some wine out of that flask while working?  Yeah maybe her staying isn’t the best idea either.

Wow the replacements!

Producers do a good turn and then follow it up with horrible casting choices to replace Luke and Laura.

On a lighter note, the Chief Entertainment Officer obviously hasn’t been paying too much attention to deck work.

• Like 6

I am thrilled that Laura was fired, but annoyed that it seemed to be mainly for being insensitive to Margot, with her harassment of Adam being almost an afterthought. She went into his cabin uninvited and climbed on top of him as he was saying no(granted he was awake). Jason should have made it very clear to her that that behavior was also 100% unacceptable. 

good episode.

• Like 17

I was all set to come here and complain about Laura being so rude to everyone that is not the person she wants to hook up with (poor Harry on late shift with her), and then I saw the Luke scenes.  His behavior was so inappropriate...I'm just glad the crew and producers were there to sort things out.  He's humiliated himself on tv, but it could have been so much worse without the intervention.  This episode was anything but entertaining, but important to draw attention to a behavior that is still all too common.  I appreciated the way Jason spoke about boundaries and consent.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Captain Jason is not abiding fools this season.  He had to put up with so much last year, due to a lack of available crew because of Covid.  He acted quickly and decisively with Luke and then realize Laura was not supporting the safe environment he just described in the meeting.  I wonder if Laura got her wish and met up with Luke back on land.  I'm glad the rest of the crew were there to support Margot.  Aesha is a hero, in my book.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

I admit at the end of this episode I was shocked to see Luke crawling into bed with a passed out Margot. There's something seriously wrong with him, rapist vibes, big time. And he got so mad at the camera crew because they refused to let him shut the door on them? (They knew it was not good.) I've already read somewhere that he gets fired so it's great to see a consequence for his sexual aggression.

• Like 12

I think the production crew probably told Jason about pulling Laura off of Adam but then they put together the scenes with Aesha and the captain interviewing everyone as a set up for firing Laura, too for dramatic impact. Were all her talking head scenes filmed after she was terminated?

Edited by OlderThanDirt

I think for all Laura’s bravado, I detected at least a wariness or trepidation in her voice, if not some actual fear, when she went into Luke’s cabin immediately after the Margot incident and he slammed the door shut and she said let’s just go upstairs or something to that effect. Which makes her comments to Margot the next day even more awful. 

6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Just the arroz con pollo and then the cake?  No salad?  No starters of any kind?  

We have seen that with other chef's as well, it is odd because it is so basic to make a starter, sides, palette cleanser, etc...those courses are a great way to show off your chef skills, I like Tzarina but I think her planning and time management are her Achilles heel.

Will she be the next to go?

I for one do not think Luke just wanted to cuddle with Margot, it would have gone further, no drunk naked man gets in bed with a passed out girl and just wants to cuddle.

Jason dealt with Luke and Laura (remember Luke raped Laura on Gen. Hosp. and then she married him! OY!), quickly, Sandy should take note on how to deal with a problem, she spends too much time bullying her crew, she is an HR nightmare but Jason took care of the situation, made everyone feel like they were in a safe space. 

• Like 12

For the record, I flagged that bosun as problematic in the first episode, the dude was a creep from the word go. BUT, this is a problem of Bravo's own making. They absolutely cast these weirdos, then ply them with alcohol and screen time for the worst behaved. Something like this happening (again) was really inevitable, and thank god the crew was close enough by to step in and mind a cast member's safety (how many drunken falls / injuries in the history of this show?), not to mention prevent an actual felony. They'd have been and still could be legally liable, one thousand percent would have been co-defendants in the civil suit Margot would have filed. This incident HAS to change the show. because the three central pillars of this franchise's success are too dangerous a mix. Those three pillars? (1) Casting folks who have major relationship issues / emotionally stunted assholes. (2) Alcohol consumption past the point of drunkenness and into Jersey Shore "Everyone is Blacked Out, No One is Responsible for Themselves!" territory. (3) Screen time, and nothing gaurantees that like intracrew liaisons. 

I'm glad this is the shittiest boat, because this show is gross. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I like Tzarina but I think her planning and time management are her Achilles heel.

She mentioned in the first episode that she has either a learning or reading disability and I think that's what we are seeing. That environment is probably very difficult for her.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

And he got so mad at the camera crew because they refused to let him shut the door on them? (They knew it was not good.) I've already read somewhere that he gets fired so it's great to see a consequence for his sexual aggression.

This is not a defense of his behavior at all, but I think that he wanted to shut the door so he could find something to cover himself before he slunk  back to his cabin. 

However, production was in the right in wanting the door open.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Soo… all of a sudden the producers are telling people to get to their own bunks?  Season after season of drunken antics that are obviously encouraged and now the chickens are coming home to roost?  A day late and a dollar short, no?

The choice to show the predatory behavior is interesting timing, because some reality TV participants are claiming that Bravo's shows are unsafe, and some want to be included in a union.

Also, I think production chose to show the predation, and the response, because it's trying to fix its image problem. As others have mentioned, we've seen a lot of extremely disturbing behavior on Bravo shows. And the production team is always there, including line producers. So they've stood by all these years without intervening.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Victoria Winters said:

The fact that Laura isnt embarrased that Luke left her ready and waiting in his cabin to go try and get with a drunk passed out Margot...says a lot...delusional narc

With all the closeups on Laura's face during the explanations about Luke and her being told about fireable offenses, I was hoping that she was having a lightbulb moment and would change her behavior. But she still didn't get it. 

As I write this, though, I can't help but wonder what kind of life she's had. She said she left home at 18 and has never been back. Who knows what kind of survival skills she's had to develop. I think she's had to become street smart, but she's just not smart enough to become really street smart.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I keep waiting for Jacques Cousteau to appear on the deck of this rehabbed exploration boat.

More than anything I am glad Laura was called out and fired for her statements and aggro (see what I did there?!) behaviors towards the guys.  I think Jason has sent a message to all the other BD shows to watch out, clean up your act, you not only get fired but are you ever going to be able to get another job in the field again? 

Luke and Laura both could not fathom how any crew member would not want to have sex with them and now they know.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

Luke exhibited predatory behavior prior to this incident.  It really showed with his insistence on staying in Margot's bunk.

I had a similar incident when I was 16 and drank a pint of 101 Peppermint Schnapps as a dare.  I don't remember any details after arriving at the roller rink but was told I was canoodling with a certain bad boy (nothing sexual) and passed out in the back seat of a car.  I was told he was kicked out of the car before anything happened but he circled the car like a shark until my friends drove me home.  If it wasn't for friends staying with me in the car who knows what would've happened.  Never drank Peppermint Schnapps again and the thought makes me ill.  Still embarases me to this day and this happened in 1985!  By the way that bad boy ended up going to prison for murder.

I did not know I could like Captain Jason more.  I shudder to think how Captain Sandy would've handled it.

Edited by mytmo
clarification
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 14
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

I admit at the end of this episode I was shocked to see Luke crawling into bed with a passed out Margot. There's something seriously wrong with him, rapist vibes, big time. And he got so mad at the camera crew because they refused to let him shut the door on them? (They knew it was not good.) I've already read somewhere that he gets fired so it's great to see a consequence for his sexual aggression.

I am glad the producers got involved. They should do it more often.

• Like 16

I have a lot to say about the other stuff, but on a lighter note - one thing I just don't understand:  Why do three capable deckhands need so much guidance on how to clean the boat between charters?  Isn't that the same thing they do, time and time and time again?  And of all possible Bosun or Lead Deck guidance to have to give, how is cleaning that Culver would fail on?  Docking, handling the anchor, night watch... okay, we've seen many "leaders" struggle with providing guidance on those things, but ... cleaning between charters?  I feel like after watching all the seasons I could swab the deck and wash the windows and unstain the teak and take out the garbage and polish the chrome... Are they doofuses?

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

I was so glad to see the producers intervene with Laura as well,  she was very much a predator,  she and Luke should have stayed together and left everyone else alone.  They are disturbed and disturbing.

• Like 19
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Jason has sent a message to all the other BD shows to watch out, clean up your act, you not only get fired but are you ever going to be able to get another job in the field again?

Oh, I think other captains especially Sandy, Lee should be worried.  Jason not only knows his stuff but has the people skills - and has shown time and time again what a real leader is.  He knows how to motivate but doesn't micromanage or sit around complaining about his crew.  Typical BRAVO that they initially tried to pimped him as this sex symbol.

Edited by escape
  • Like 16
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

And he got so mad at the camera crew because they refused to let him shut the door on them?

He didn't want everyone to know that he was naked and the camera crew keeping the door open showed that he got in her bed with a plan. That was not playing around (Laura!) that was SA. Pure and simple. He can say he doesn't remember, but that's bullshit.

Laura was acting exactly the same, crawling all over Adam and getting in his bunk, poor guy was feigning sleep to get away from her and she was not taking the hint. She deserved the firing.

I was so sad listening to Margo say it was her fault she shouldn't have been flirting or gotten so drunk, this is why people get away with things like this, the victim feels like it's their fault and explains it away.

Makes me sick, I actually cried this episode.

Margo doesn't look like she is handling it as well as she thinks she is with the hidden drinking.

• Like 16
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Arynm said:

Laura was acting exactly the same, crawling all over Adam and getting in his bunk, poor guy was feigning sleep to get away from her and she was not taking the hint. She deserved the firing.

Yeah this really broke my heart. If I were her I would have quit on the spot, but I can imagine that if this is her only source of income she might just be really torn and confused about the whole situation, especially since she really doesn't remember what happened.

I'm sure these people sign away their rights when they're hired for this show, including the right to sue. But eventually something like this will be the downfall of the franchise. Somebody is either going to sue, or go public with what production is up to behind the scenes, what they're told to do, encouraged to do, etc. It will take someone who is not afraid to be counter-sued for breaking an NDA.

I can only hope that Luke gets the help he needs, or, at the very least, stops drinking.  He seriously has some work to do on himself.  {snip}

Laura, on the other hand, is a complete bitch. 

I'm not seeing how one is more reprehensible than the other. I'm of the opinion they are equally deserving of scorn.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

I'm not seeing how one is more reprehensible than the other. I'm of the opinion they are equally deserving of scorn.

One thousand percent correct. She did exactly the same thing the naked guy did, without being naked. And she heard a comparatively sober "no" several times, but still blew through it. It's disgusting behavior, period, man or woman. I'm fairly certain they were about to let Laura off the hook, but Aehsa saved the day by accident. She just wanted to tell the Captain that Laura was an unbelivable shit to Margot, which seriously isn't getting enough side eye here, because that conversation was BANANAS. I don't think she intended for Laura to be fired, I think she figured a stern warning was coming for her, but the Captain did exactly what he should have done, the legally advisable course of action, and canned her over the deckhand stuff. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7

Seemed like Margot was more offended that Laura said they should have given Luke another chance than her saying she would have welcomed Luke crawling into bed with her naked while she was passed out drunk.

But Jason heard only the part about how she would have welcomed it, that is, not care about the boundaries that he had said must be respected.

Laura asked for another chance, just be let off with a warning.  That wasn't going to work, Jason and the producers wanted a double termination this episode.

Maybe because they had the replacements already lined up and the replacements, at least from the previews they showed, are going to bring a lot more drama themselves.

2 minutes ago, aghst said:

Laura asked for another chance, just be let off with a warning.  That wasn't going to work, Jason and the producers wanted a double termination this episode.

I disagree here: I bet production informed him that she'd acted exactly the same way that Luke did, only she had her clothes on, and his only advisable legal course of action was to terminate her just like he did Luke. 

• Like 11
21 minutes ago, aghst said:

Maybe because they had the replacements already lined up and the replacements, at least from the previews they showed, are going to bring a lot more drama themselves.

Or because they knew something like this was bound to happen, planned for it - even subtly encouraged it - then planned to make Jason a hero with his response.

Here is the recent story about accusations about Bravo's behavior:

https://pagesix.com/2023/08/04/reality-stars-battling-bravo-nbc-over-depraved-treatment/

Also, I swear I saw a post months ago that claimed someone on a Bravo show was raped during production; names weren't disclosed. But I cannot find it now.

I did just spot two sexual assault charges against two former Bravo participants I've never heard of. Both physicians. I think the incidents occurred outside of/after production.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Here is the recent story about accusations about Bravo's behavior:

https://pagesix.com/2023/08/04/reality-stars-battling-bravo-nbc-over-depraved-treatment/

Also, I swear I saw a post months ago that claimed someone on a Bravo show was raped during production; names weren't disclosed. But I cannot find it now.

I did just spot two sexual assault charges against two former Bravo participants I've never heard of. Both physicians. I think the incidents occurred outside of/after production.

You sure you're not thinking about 90 Day The Other Way with that Michigan lady?

• Useful 1

I've never heard of her. I read about the Bravo incident maybe six months to a year ago. I suspect there have been a couple of rapes or very serious sexual aggression, given Bravo production's permissive attitudes, the alcohol and the "blackout" claims (oh so convenient for all parties).

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I've never heard of her. I read about the Bravo incident maybe six months to a year ago. I suspect there have been a couple of rapes or very serious sexual aggression, given Bravo production's permissive attitudes, the alcohol and the "blackout" claims (oh so convenient for all parties).

I say this every week usually, but this week was a little too dark for it, but when on earth are they just going to have guests using THC? Just seems like so much less trouble to get into as compared to alcohol. I'm not saying nothing bad happens with weed, just that it's much easier to manage. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I say this every week usually, but this week was a little too dark for it, but when on earth are they just going to have guests using THC? Just seems like so much less trouble to get into as compared to alcohol. I'm not saying nothing bad happens with weed, just that it's much easier to manage. 

It's still illegal in the countries they film unfortunately. I know I'd rather get high, watch the waves & enjoy the incredible food than drink myself into oblivion.

The merge ate my post, so...

Captain Jason is rightfully getting accolades for the quick & decisive dismissals but Aesha is the true heroine. Not only was she actively paying attention, she also quickly escalated both issues and was clear & rational when relaying the situations to him.  I also appreciated how protective she was and admittedly teared up a bit when alluded her own sexual assault.

Did I also hear Laura try to slut shame Margot?  In addition to the utter lack of empathy, I thought she also said something like "you were so drunk & flirty". The hell? I'd of punched the bitch.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 17
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Arynm said:

He didn't want everyone to know that he was naked and the camera crew keeping the door open showed that he got in her bed with a plan. That was not playing around (Laura!) that was SA. Pure and simple. He can say he doesn't remember, but that's bullshit.

Yes - at that point he was caught and he kept shutting the door to find something to cover himself. Good that the producers weren't having it.

I give all credit to Aesha for not only clocking what was going on, but acting on it to get Margot to bed alone in the first place. But it's a good thing production was on the ball as well. Aesha had left Margot "safely" in bed, so she might not have gone back to re-check on her if she hadn't seen production chase Luke out.

It's kind of terrifying to think; Margot's roommate was Laura and clearly Laura would have not had qualm one if she'd come in to find Luke in bed with a passed out Margot - other then to perhaps pout because it wasn't her. I have no doubt at all that Laura would have seen Luke there with an unconscious Margot and simply have gone to bed or left the room. 

I'm of the opinion that the Captain was probably told some of Laura's behavior towards Adam, by production, before Aesha brought it to his attention. At that point production would know how bad it would look to have got rid of Luke but let Laura skate.

And much as I am giving production credit for intervening in this case, they're now bringing Joao back? One step forward, two steps back.

• Like 14
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

A while back I remember posting something to the effect of "Hope Margot doesn't ever take a drink from Luke"  He was giving me bad vibes from the get go. Bravo knew they were treading on thin ice and pulled all the stops to avoid liability. Thank goodness nothing happened. I can't help but feel sick to my stomach for women that did not have a concerned boss and camera crew around when they were put in a similar situation. It seems Aesha had a bad experience in her past and still fights the demons about it.  She's a sweetheart.

• Like 10

I am watching now and haven't gotten to all this serious stuff, but I came here to talk about the extremely serious issue of squeezing limes. While I agree that fresh lime juice is far superior to bottled, did anyone notice Laura squeezing the limes BY HAND? If you need quantities, you have to use one of those fancy pants metal squeezers if you expect to get anything out of them!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, aghst said:

I'm willing to bet that the legal department stepped in the minute production had to pull Luke out of Margot's room and put him off the boat, especially given the recent accusations against NBC and Bravo. I'm fairly certain it was their decision that Laura had to go too. Once they heard about what she was doing with Adam and what she said to Margot it was sort of a no-brainer they needed to clean the slate. I don't think it was designed for maximum drama or they would have left her fate on a cliffhanger. This was a mess they had to clean up fast.

This was some dark shit, even for this show. It's a wonder the season wasn't cancelled. Not that I'm defending them but I can't imagine what's going to happen to Luke or Laura. They're going to have to go into hiding.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1