Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Two Truths and No Shakshuka

• Start Topic

Five minutes in:

• Has Erin never hosted people before? Why is she so surprised that they want things like food and heat?
  • Jessel is such an a-hole (while being completely oblivious that she's acting like an a-hole) that I'm halfway convinced that she's been possessed by the spirit of Ramona
  • I'm guessing that Jenna didn't actually have a 6:30 call (because if that was scheduled and you didn't want to disrupt everyone else's sleep, wouldn't you mention that to Erin from the beginning?), but was just using that as an excuse because she was feeling overwhelmed and needed a quiet place to recharge. Still, she shouldn't have tried to sneak out.
  • Like 19
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Where did Andy find these awful women? So far the only one who is remotely likable is Jenna. She looks miserable being around these women and I don't blame her. The rest of the cast is so impressed with themselves. I am not in the least bit impressed. There is nothing interesting about them or funny or endearing. 

Do grown women really sit around at dinner and play two truths and a lie? What is the point of this? I suspect that they just make up a bunch of crap and everyone knows they are lying. I wish they would just go away and be fabulous somewhere else.

• Like 18
(edited)

A few things that did bother me about tonight's show, though:

I did not like Sai basically age-shaming Jenna in her talking head comments.  Jenna is the oldest of these women, and it wasn't so nice.  

Speaking of Jenna - did you know she was gay?  I think she mentions this in every one of her own talking head comments, in one way or another.

Brynn is quite impressed with herself, even if no one else is.  I didn't like how she basically barged her way into the flirtation between Ubah and the trainer guy.  She sees a guy and her whole persona changes.  She's just a younger version of Ramona, LuAnn or Sonja.

The stupid dinner table game - why do we have to be subjected to this ALL THE TIME!!!  Can't these women just have natural, organic, clever conversations without resorting to talk about sex?  And, if we must be subjected to these games, can't they be played without delving into conversations that revolve around sexcapades?

Lastly - why do these ladies have to get all dressed up to just move from the upstairs bedrooms to the dining room in a house?  They way they were all dressed it looked like they were going out for a night on the town.  Why can't they just wear some nice, at home clothes, like a pair of pants and a beautiful sweater or something?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

This should not have been called RHONY Season 14.  BRAVO basically threw together a group of random women - who are self-produced - with several who are mis-cast.  That's why it comes off forced - and forgettable.

Polar opposite of the debut of RHONY - Alex, Bethenny, Jill, Luann, Ramona.  ICONS.   The "storylines", drama, fun evolved out of the authenticity of their relationships - and their personalities.

Edited by escape
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I kind of like Sai after the last part of the episode.  She has a good story. 

About the dollar store, and growing  up poor. Yes, me too. Even Brynn added to that story wishing  for nice furniture,and  cutting  it out of the circular. They seem too ashamed to let their guard down, I'm not sure why, they are far more relatable. We grew up poor, lots of things I loved and could never have. 

I don't  know if Jenna had a 6.30 call, but if my house was just a little drive away, I'd  go, I prefer my own bed, and let the party girls party.

The  sex talk gets so boring. I don't  know if I believe  Jessel and the popsicle,  I think  she did it more for shock.

Lighting  a propane fire is easy, they all looked so darned awkward, obviously  they had never done it before.

Maybe we'll  get to know them more, as the season  progresses?

• Like 7

Brynn’s outfit in the house.  Sweat pants, Grandma’s fur coat and a baseball cap.  WTH?  Is that in now?

I had to laugh at the trainer.  It seemed like it was the first time they did that.

They all are bad actresses.  Jenna looks very uncomfortable .. Erin also.  Then came Crappy Lake, like an old friend.  Love them.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Lastly - why do these ladies have to get all dressed up to just move from the upstairs bedrooms to the dining room in a house?  They way they were all dressed it looked like they were going out for a night on the town.  Why can't they just wear some nice, at home clothes, like a pair of pants and a beautiful sweater or something?  

That’s what this show is all about.  The clothes.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

A few things that did bother me about tonight's show, though:

I did not like Sai basically age-shaming Jenna in her talking head comments.  Jenna is the oldest of these women, and it wasn't so nice. 

I don't think she was age shaming her.  She was saying that she was ACTING like a geriatric, going to bed early and complaining about the loud music. She made no reference to her real age. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

That’s what this show is all about.  The clothes.

Yes, it’s a ritual in every housewives show:  when the girls get together at a dinner or a party they greet each other with a comment on how they look, e.g., cheek kiss and “you look gorgeous.”

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Because that's all they have to offer, changing clothes 4 times a day. They are not interesting, or clever. They are superficial women. I have no idea what they do other than take pictures of themselves walking down the street, take pictures of their food and posing in various getups. Oh they are trying hard to look and act edgy. Not working ladies. After awhile the sex talk is just vulgar and trashy. And some of them are coming across as mean.     

• Like 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

I like Jenna and Erin and that's about it.  I think all  the "two are false, one is real" questions are scripted by Bravo.  No way could these women make them up on  the spot.  

Brynn is coming on too strong, Ubah is silly and boring.  I think Jessel has some possibilities.  That nightgown did look dreadful on her but she should have shut up about it.  She was probably self conscious that her body did not look good in it and she'd be on camera wearing something unflattering.  

I want to see Jenna's Sag house.  

I'm sticking it out for now, we'll see what happens as they get more comfortable with each other.  

I would like to hear about Jenna's medical condition.  I've read about it but would like to hear her describe it.   Her hair and teeth are fake.  

Edited by weaver
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Because that's all they have to offer, changing clothes 4 times a day. They are not interesting, or clever. They are superficial women. I have no idea what they do other than take pictures of themselves walking down the street, take pictures of their food and posing in various getups. Oh they are trying hard to look and act edgy. Not working ladies. After awhile the sex talk is just vulgar and trashy. And some of them are coming across as mean.     

Yes, and just wondering .. do men really like this type of women?  I don’t think Jenna and Erin belong with this bunch.  Erin seems to be faking her laughter.

• Like 6

These women are so boring, minus Jenna who I am really liking. I do like Erin too. But the rest of them are awful.

Jessel has zero to offer. She’s rude to her husband and just a real bitch in general. Sai and her “choking out”? Very weird, didn’t need to know, thanks. The constant sex questions are so forced on here.

Ubah seems like a silly little girl, no depth at all. Brynn-same. Boring, shallow, “look at me!”, over-actor. 

Ubah and Brynn hanging on the personal trainer and talking about doing him, they looked desperate. I miss the natural feel of the original RHONY, it was always my favorite and the most “real” of any of the shows with believable friendships. This ain’t that. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

These women are so boring, minus Jenna who I am really liking. I do like Erin too. But the rest of them are awful.

Jessel has zero to offer. She’s rude to her husband and just a real bitch in general. Sai and her “choking out”? Very weird, didn’t need to know, thanks. The constant sex questions are so forced on here.

Ubah seems like a silly little girl, no depth at all. Brynn-same. Boring, shallow, “look at me!”, over-actor. 

Ubah and Brynn hanging on the personal trainer and talking about doing him, they looked desperate. I miss the natural feel of the original RHONY, it was always my favorite and the most “real” of any of the shows with believable friendships. This ain’t that. 

They are who they are and I don’t think things will change for the better.  They all just don’t have what it takes to keep a show going.   After awhile, Erin won’t be able to continue her fake laughter.  Jenna is too good for this show.  

• Like 6
12 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I kind of like Sai after the last part of the episode.  She has a good story. 

I’m the opposite. I tuned out 30 seconds into her spiel when she started venturing into the “Bethany raised by wolves” territory. Next week it will be “I’ve been on my own since 12, working secretly in a sweatshop since I was 5”. 

For someone supposedly so humble because of her beginnings, her putting down the Dollar Store, her “I’m too good to be seen dining there”, and her “look at me in my fabulous Brooklyn brownstone” when 15 years ago she wouldn’t have been caught dead living in Brooklyn since it wasn’t cool and expensive then, it’s not a good look. She’s like new money, look at me, look what I got. Not a fan. 

• Like 15
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Because that's all they have to offer, changing clothes 4 times a day. They are not interesting, or clever. They are superficial women. I have no idea what they do other than take pictures of themselves walking down the street, take pictures of their food and posing in various getups. Oh they are trying hard to look and act edgy. Not working ladies.      

The majority of them are "influencers" right?  So that is literally all they do.  It's mind boggling to me that this is a career but I'm almost as old as Jenna (Lyons, have to say her last name right?) so what do I know.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Ubah and Brynn hanging on the personal trainer and talking about doing him, they looked desperate.

Did Bravo ask him to sign a waiver?

If any member of the cast sexually harasses me, I will not file a complaint?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I feel like Jenna is the weird, artistic, maybe on-the-spectrum kid and the other cast members are the cool, mean girls. Except that they're all grown up and Jenna has become wildly successful, so it makes for a very interesting dynamic. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 3

This is why contrived gatherings should be held off until mid season..especially on a new show that's a reboot.

We need at least 1 scene for each woman during her day to day life..so we can get to know the women better.

• Like 17
5 hours ago, weaver said:

I like Jenna and Erin and that's about it.  I think all  the "two are false, one is real" questions are scripted by Bravo.  No way could these women make them up on  the spot.  

Brynn is coming on too strong, Ubah is silly and boring.  I think Jessel has some possibilities.  That nightgown did look dreadful on her but she should have shut up about it.  She was probably self conscious that her body did not look good in it and she'd be on camera wearing something unflattering.  

I want to see Jenna's Sag house.  

I'm sticking it out for now, we'll see what happens as they get more comfortable with each other.  

I would like to hear about Jenna's medical condition.  I've read about it but would like to hear her describe it.   Her hair and teeth are fake.  

Brynn and Ubah are both major try hards.  Everyone is fighting to keep the apple.  I am sure they have 1 year contracts.  I would expect a shake up.  Most franchises, when first forming which this really is with the reset, had cast shifts between seasons.  As people have noted, the ones who worked best were the groups that knew each other better beforehand.  How many new additions have we seen over the years that were never able to blend with the group? 

Brynn trying to claim that she was being treated to so badly as compared to Jenna.  First, she's trying to bring forward conflict for screen time.  Second, Jenna and Erin had an adult conversation about the miscommunication surrounding needs and expectations and resolved their conflict.  Brynn simply acted like a spoiled, petty child, trying claim she never did anything that anyone could be upset about because she's just so cute and lovable.  She is not. 

I am fascinated by Jenna's hair.  That is the best fake hair I have ever seen.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

OMG these women are boring. When they decided to play the two truths and a lie game, I thought we might find out something interesting about at least one of them. Nope. As per usual, the truths and lies all had to involve sex. Yawn. Count me in on those who think it was producer driven, and that their "truths" and "lies" were decided on beforehand. And quite likely some of the truths were actually lies. In any case the whole convo was boring AF. 

Jessel's choice of outfit for dinner in was so ugly. She would have looked better wearing the Christmas tree lingerie. 

Has Erin never hosted before? One snack (and one which not everyone would necessarily like) when the women arrive on the first day, and no breaky the next morning? WTH? Like many, Erin and Jenna are the only ones I can half stand, but that is just weird.

I am getting a little tired of Jenna's constant comparison of life as a lesbian compared to life as a hetero. It seems very dated. I am in my mid 60s and have had gay and lesbian friends since I was in high school, 50 years ago. I don't know if it is producer driven, but it does seem a bit forced and not organic. That said, I likely would not be watching if not for Jenna, as of all the women she seems to be the most real. Though its a low bar to clear. 

• Like 10

I'm sure she spends more in salons each week than I spend on my monthly mortgage, but Brynn's hair reminds me a Barbie that's been styled by a 5 year old with a scissors. It looks blunt and fake.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Brynn is quite impressed with herself, even if no one else is.  I didn't like how she basically barged her way into the flirtation between Ubah and the trainer guy.  She sees a guy and her whole persona changes. 

I get the feeling,  under all that bravado,  there's an insecure  girl. Jmho

• Like 8

In the talking heads, I think production keeps asking Jenna about being a lesbian, then chooses to feature those answers.  It risks making her one note.  I think they are seeing that as part of being more inclusive.  I would like to see more of her overall as a person.  For all people, sexuality is one part of who we are.  I am glad they have an out lesbian on the show who is not performative (e.g., Braunwyn from RHOC).  I am hoping that over time it becomes simply an accepted part of who she is that is sometimes important to the discussion.  For now, since they are all getting to know each other, it is often brought up, especially since they push so much sex talk. I doubt she'd mention it so much during the regular interactions if damn near every group chat didn't turn into sex talk. 

Never have I ever played two truths and a lie and told a bunch of people about my sex life. When playing with people I know well, some sex talk has come up, but it has never been 100% the focus of the game.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

As of right now they're all giving me "Friend of" energy, except for maybe Jenna but not because she's a "star", it's because she sticks out like a sore thumb among this group of influencers. I now know everyone's name but, to me, they're all interchangeable. 

I thought Sai was going to give me a fashion show with her three suitcases but I still find her quite ordinary, considering her profession. 

I actually do like/know a few influencers but I've said it before and I'll say it again: influencers belong in social media, you need a different set of skills and background if you want to be on television and/or movies. 

• Like 8
(edited)
57 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I'm sure she spends more in salons each week than I spend on my monthly mortgage, but Brynn's hair reminds me a Barbie that's been styled by a 5 year old with a scissors. It looks blunt and fake.

It's also too thick for natural hair. She must be wearing a wig. 

Erin has got to be the all time worst rich host ever! Why exactly didn't she make breakfast? She bragged enough about her Shaksuka (sp) but never made it. How about some bagels and fixings, muffins, croissants, fruit, etc? 

All I can say about these women is that they are very pretty. If they have had work done it's damn good work. Jenna is the exception but I think the big glasses that cover half her face are not doing her any favors. 

No heat upstairs? Oh,Erin. She didn't much seem to care, either. Again, worst host!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 9

Erin must keep her thin figure by never having food around. Those women were starving by the time they got to that restaurant. She probably doesn’t have carbs in the house to even offer. 

I knew that truths and a lie game would end up being all about sex.  Producers think that’s how women show they’re fun-talking about sex and flashing boobs. It’s not fun and it’s not Shocking. It’s Boring!!

These shows have turned into sex talk and stupid fights. Is it really that hard to find interesting women of substance who can also be rich, sexy, and fun? Apparently. 

Jenna intrigues me. Hope she doesn’t go the way of the others to keep her apple.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

This is why contrived gatherings should be held off until mid season..especially on a new show that's a reboot.

We need at least 1 scene for each woman during her day to day life..so we can get to know the women better.

We have to remember that there were a few episodes filmed in the beginning that had to be scrapped since the woman quit (or was booted). It's wgt the cheese argument didn't make sense. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 8
Just now, ladle said:

*small voice* I ... am enjoying this show. These women are ridiculous, and I am here for it. I genuinely laughed out loud at several points in this episode. 

*ducks rotten tomatoes* 

I’m having fun with it.. it’s petty it’s ridiculous it’s exactly what a HW show should be ..

• Like 22
  • Love 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

edited for space....

These shows have turned into sex talk and stupid fights. Is it really that hard to find interesting women of substance who can also be rich, sexy, and fun? Apparently. 

Jenna intrigues me. Hope she doesn’t go the way of the others to keep her apple.

I think it IS difficult to find interesting women of substance that are also rich, sexy and fun who are willing to display themselves on what has become a joke of a reality show.  RH used to be a different type of show.  Over the last decade and with the additions of additional cities, it's just not the same.  Each city's cast is vying to be the top show and with that, they do desperately stupid antics.  The producers encourage this with alcohol-fueled dinners, lunches and trips and have show runners buzzing in the women's ears about who slighted them, or maybe they should turn up the drama or stupid antics a little more, because they're coming off on film as "boring" or in jeopardy of losing their apple/orange/peach, etc.  

These women, while appearing confident, are all narcissistic and quite insecure.

No confident, substantial, rich women would want to be associated with these shows any longer, and that is what is so sad about it all.

And yet....I keep watching!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 9
(edited)

I usually adore the Hamptons part of the season but agree that this trip was too early. I would have liked to have seen the women in the day-to-day lives in the City, with some lunches or charity events or galas or invitations to hobbies (like when Kelly invited Ramona to the horse riding thing and completely ignored her LOL) before getting them together as a big group.

The sex talk/two truths game seemed producer driven and like a retread of the season 9 group doing truth or dare and ending up having a fight about anal sex, penis sizes, and LuAnn wanting special treatment because she got married - but this group doesn’t know each other and we don’t know them, so it doesn’t hit right. More than anything, between last episode and this episode, the girl talk scenes go on way too long, while production decides to use three-second flashbacks to show the real drama. It's weird.

I totally agree with Jenna that shakshuka before working out doesn’t sound good. Tomato sauce + lots of physical activity legit makes me throw up. Erin could have at least done SOMETHING for a light breakfast - bagels, scrambled eggs, avocado toast, fruit. Even if this trip got sprung on her after the cast shake-up and loss of footage (which I suspect is possibly what happened - and also why we're seeing an October? trip to the Hamptons), she still seems like a host who expects everyone to live like her and doesn’t do much to anticipate/meet/respond to guest needs. No heat? Get over it. No food? Who eats anyway. WTF!

I liked Sai a lot better in this episode; I don’t begrudge her avoiding dollar stores. Brynn is annoying. Ubah is a non-entity.

Overall, I’m liking and enjoying the show. I'm managing to separate it from Old RHONY in my head and enjoy it for what it is, which helps, because it's a very different dynamic and vibe.

Edited by dovegrey
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Erin has got to be the all time worst rich host ever! Why exactly didn't she make breakfast? She bragged enough about her Shaksuka (sp) but never made it. How about some bagels and fixings, muffins, croissants, fruit, etc? 

They all didn’t want breakfast as they were having the Trainer coming to do the exercises.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Honey: She so did not go to Harvard!

2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I had a feeling that was the case.

I mentioned upthread that Brynn, according to her LinkedIn account, graduated from Purdue University.  So, while not Harvard, it's still a great school that's no easy ride to get through.

• Like 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I mentioned upthread that Brynn, according to her LinkedIn account, graduated from Purdue University.  So, while not Harvard, it's still a great school that's no easy ride to get through.

the fact Ubah thought that a fur coat and a Harvard sweatsuit was low brow and "Mississippi" has she ever been to Mississippi like what does she think the day to day people are doing there? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
  • LOL 12
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I don’t know why she didn’t wear a Purdue sweatshirt. It’s a great school.

It was interesting that the cast members who actually have homes in the Hamptons wore jeans to the dinner (as I think did the hostess at the restaurant). The brain dead influencers dressed to the nines in beige. God, please prevent these influencers from being our country’s future. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3